Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


3,551 to 3,600 of 3,984 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Tara, sorry to be nosy, but isn't remote viewing one of your domain powers?


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I think getting a flank would be a greater advantage, for me. Anything that could hinder the lethal sight of the basilik too. But I'm unsure if the basilisks needs to see you or if you need to see the basilisk, or worse, both, to be petrified. Can any of you summon creatures?


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

The blindfold would prevent the basilisk's gaze attack. Unfortunately, it also gives the basilisk total concealment against you, so sneak attack won't work.

Niculaie shakes his head. "I am sorry, I cannot summon anything. I don't know that adding to its collection of statuary would be of much assistance anyway. Blindfolding you will prevent the basilisk's gaze from affecting you, and I suspect you are the only one of us with much chance of striking the creature rather than just flailing around ineffectually in the water."


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

You recall that the catwalk above was destroyed, but there are doorways on the upper level. That might just be out of the range of the gaze attack. I am not specifically recommending you explore further at half-group, but wanted to make sure you knew your options.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Tara considers their options, "I think it works more along the lines of locking gazes with your beloved. You both have to see-" gasping in realization, Tara flails slightly "Oh wait! I just remembered that I recently learned how to view things from far away. It does have its limitations, and I cannot do it for very long."

Oh, would you look at that! I'm going to chalk this brain-fart up to exhausted mom brain; thanks for pointing that out!


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

With more than a slight fear, Vivian prepares a strip of clothes to uses as a blindfold.

Before entering the room again, she prays Pharasma for protection, and a spiral seems to envelop her armor when she whispers the final words of the prayer

Mother… I so love you… I hope to see you again.. I'm so afraid… I need your arms, and to hide into your heart… I cannot not try to save my friends, you'll understand that.

Fighting back the tears, the Redhead-paler than usual-Salutes her two remaining allies.

If the fight goes wrong and I'm turned to stone too, Don't hesitate and promise me too run away. Promise me that right now, or I won't go. I need that one of you go to the temple of Pharasma in Karcau, and tell my mom, Madam Deberth, that I love her, Always had, and Always will.

Vivian's slender silhouette seems to be surrounded by a pale spiral, as she put down the blindfold.

Of course.. You tell them they can run away if things go badly, and even before the battle starts they are nowhere to be seen.

She gives a small chuckle, despite the gloomy situation.

Cast Shield of Faith for +2 AC, use Purity judgment for +1 to saves


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Before Vivian enters the area with the basilisk, Niculaie pulls a scroll from his haversack and reads it aloud, then taps her on the shoulder. As the scroll crumbles, he tears two more strips of cloth from his bedroll and offers one to Tara before tying the other around his own eyes and following Vivian to the door to the basilisk's room.

Niculaie casts heroism on Vivian.

"Of course you do not see us - you are blindfolded, as are we. And as we are blindfolded, it will be impossible for us to meet the basilisk's gaze, so petrification is less of a concern than drowning; we must be careful of our footing, as I believe the floor in the room drops off quickly. Last time, though, the basilisk came to us as soon as we opened the door; let us hope it does the same now that we are ready for it."

If we need to drag the statues of our colleagues out of the way in order to pull this off, I assume we do thatbefore we put on the blindfolds.

The dhampir takes a position next to the door, holding his scythe at the ready, and picks up the Chelaxian battle march from where he left off.

Bardic performance, inspire courage (+1 attack/damage), round 4/14. The attack bonus from Niculaie's bardic performance is a competence bonus, and stacks with the attack bonus from heroism (morale), for a total bonus to Vivian of +3 to attack and +1 on damage rolls, in addition to any buffs from Tara.

"Is everyone ready?" Niculaie will open the door as soon as everyone has their blindfolds on, buffs cast, and preferred weapons (if any) drawn.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

You move your statues and prepare to fight. As you open the door, you can sense the creature is right there! You seem to get the drop on it.

Initiative:

Niculaie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Tara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Vivian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Creature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Round 1: (Bold may act)
inspire courage (+1 attack/damage) in effect
Vivian (4 dmg, heroism, shield of faith, purity judgment)
Tara (13 dmg)
Niculaie[/b]
Basilisk (100% concealment)


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Don't know if Tara has a buff in mind for me, will post now

Vivian tries to find the reptile and to poke it with her sword

Perception to find the Basilik?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Attack, Heroism, Inspire: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 23

Dmg, Inpired: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9

51%+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 54
51%+ hits reroll if needed(Blind fighting): 1d100 ⇒ 95


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Vivian strikes the creature, drawing some small amount of blood.

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Vivian (4 dmg)
Tara (13 dmg)
Niculaie

Creature (9 dmg)


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Following behind Vivian Tara casts bulls strength on the inquisitor, hoping to help give the other Pharasmite a better chance. As she feels the spell take, Tara closes her eyes.

Casting Bull's Strength


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Nic - anything more or just continuing your performance?


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

"Hold still for just a moment, please, Miss Deberth."

Niculaie continues his performance, and slips in the casting of a spell to equalize matters between Vivian and the basilisk, at least for a few moments.

He reaches out to tap Vivian on the shoulder again; neither he, nor Tara, nor Vivian herself know if his spell has any effect, but the rogue disappears from the basilisk's sight.

Niculaie casts Vanish to give Vivian another boost to her attacks against the basilisk.Bardic performance, round 5/14.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Niculaie helps level the playing field as the basilisk attempts to bite Tara - or at least where he last saw her. Unfortunately, he manages to hit.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 4 = 22
50% chance miss: 1d100 ⇒ 25
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Round 2: (Bold may act)
inspire courage (+1 attack/damage) in effect
Vivian (4 dmg, bull’s strength, Heroism, shield of faith, purity judgment)
Tara (24 dmg)
Niculaie

Basilisk (9 dmg)(100% concealment)


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Bull strenght +2 to hit/dmg, Inspire +1 hit/dmg, Heroism +2 hit, +5 to hit bonuses total,+3 dmg bonuses total

attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 25
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 13
51%+hits: 1d100 ⇒ 81
51%+hits reroll: 1d100 ⇒ 67

Vivian listens to the sounds of the basilisk, and when it hits the poor Tara, the redhead strikes with her sword, leaving a long trail of blood on the reptilian. She tries to keep the dire situation as light as possible, however.

If that was one of you, I apologise.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

GM, I think there was a misunderstanding last round; Niculaie castVanish on Vivian, not Tara. The spell ended with Vivian's attack and it doesn't seem like she needed the boost to her attack roll anyway, so no retconning needed. This round, he will cast Vanish on Tara.

Niculaie shakes his head then, smiling ruefully at his foolishness, responds aloud. "You did not strike me, Miss Deberth. Let us hope it was the lizard."

Niculaie continues his song, and in the rests between measures, he again casts a spell. This time, he taps Tara on the shoulder. The Pharasman disappears, though once again, only reptilian eyes notice the difference.

Bardic performance rounds used: 6/14. Vanish, rounds of duration used: 0/5.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Actually, it was my mistake - I got Tara and Vivian switched around. It's Viv on the front line and she got attacked. I updated the stats.

Round 2: (Bold may act)
inspire courage (+1 attack/damage) in effect
Vivian (15 dmg, bull’s strength, Heroism, shield of faith, purity judgment)
Tara (13 dmg)
Niculaie
Basilisk (22 dmg)(100% concealment)


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Tara winches in empathy as Vivian lets out a shout of pain. Feeling someone tap her on the shoulder, Tara opens her eyes. [b]"Pharama, heal your soliders, she whispers, allowing the healing energy to flow over the battlefield.

Channel positive: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) = 7 selectively channel to remove the basalisk


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

The basilisk continues to try to bite Vivian, but can't make it happen.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Round 3: (Bold may act)
inspire courage (+1 attack/damage) in effect
Vivian (8 dmg, bull’s strength, Heroism, shield of faith, purity judgment)
Tara (6 dmg)
Niculaie

Basilisk (22 dmg)(100% concealment)


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Counter strike: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
51%+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 54
51%+ hits reroll: 1d100 ⇒ 93

Vivian presses the attack, her red hair stuck on her face with a cold sweat


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie continues to sing.

If he is uncertain about Tara and Vivian's locations, he does nothing else for the moment. Assuming he is certain about where they are in relation to him, and that he thinks he knows where the basilisk is based on the sounds of battle, he will attempt to strike it with his scythe.

Scythe, mwk, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 212d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 1 + 1 = 8

Concealment, 01-50 fails, 51-100 succeeds: 1d100 ⇒ 35

Bardic performance rounds used: 7/14. Vanish (Tara), rounds of duration used: 1/5.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Seeing Vivian's blade find the weak spot on the creature, Tara has to cover her mouth to keep from cheering. Moving to stand next to Vivian, she casts guidance on the redhead, trying to help ensure more damage to the creature.

Tara will cast guidance on Vivian


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
Bite: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

The basilisk gets a good bite on Vivian's leg.

Round 4: (Bold may act)
inspire courage (+1 attack/damage) in effect
Vivian (23 dmg, bull’s strength, Heroism, shield of faith, purity judgment)
Tara (6 dmg)
Niculaie

Basilisk (30 dmg)(100% concealment)


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
51+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 56
51+ hits reroll if needed: 1d100 ⇒ 21

Ouch! Hey, I liked that leg! It suits with the other one!

Once again, the redhead manages to hits her unseen foe.

Or was it Tara?

Sovereign Court

CG Male Halfling Empiricist Investigator 3 / Alchemist 2| HP: 29/30 | AC: 22 21 (16 Tch, 17 FF) | CMD: 15 | F: +5+1, R: +10+1, W: +4+1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +15+2/+16+2TF, SM: +13 | Active conditions: Cloak+1, Luck #10, Reduce Person

This is a slog, but almost done... Good hit. Nic?


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Hooooogaaaaan!!! (Shakes fist).

"You must be close to putting an end to this creature, Miss Deberth! Keep at it!"

Niculaie continues to sing, and swings again with his scythe.

Scythe, mwk, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 = 112d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2) + 1 + 1 = 5

Concealment, 01-50 fails, 51-100 succeeds: 1d100 ⇒ 24

And that's why people take the Blind-Fight feat!

Bardic performance rounds used: 8/14. Vanish (Tara), rounds of duration used: 2/5.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9
Niculaie Pavlencas wrote:
And that's why people take the Blind-Fight feat!

Yep. That way they can fail their first save and watch from the sidelines. :)


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

And Nicola sings a little song for Silas...


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"No good." *sniff* "Can't hear you."


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Touching Vivian's shoulder, Tara channels their goddesses healing power. "I can't have much left in it, right?" she states.

Cure Serious Wounds: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 7, 7) + 6 = 27 buring a prayer to cast Cure Serious Wounds


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

(From the back seat) ”Are we there yet?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

From the trunk: "...."


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Nic continues to swing wildly, hitting nothing. But Tara's divine focus instantly heals everyone's wounds - that is, until the basilisk bites down again!

Bite: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Round 5: (Bold may act)
inspire courage (+1 attack/damage) in effect
Vivian (11 dmg, bull’s strength, Heroism, shield of faith, purity judgment)
Tara (0 dmg)
Niculaie

Basilisk (42 dmg)(100% concealment)


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Attck: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
Dmg: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
51+ hits: 1d100 ⇒ 60
51+ hits if needed: 1d100 ⇒ 11

It is a shame that no one (except the basiliks) can see Vivian swordwomanship...

Once again, the blade finds its target


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

"This creature is tougher than I expected!"

Niculaie swings away with his scythe, singing all the while.

Scythe, mwk, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 142d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 1 + 1 = 6

Concealment, 01-50 fails, 51-100 succeeds: 1d100 ⇒ 93

Bardic performance rounds used: 9/14. Vanish (Tara), rounds of duration used: 3/5.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

With that last blow, Vivian detects a satisfying sound of a large splash, indicating the creature has fallen away into the water.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Tara taps Vivian on the shoulder, "Thank the gods, it is over." Rushing forward, Tara scoops up some of the blood from the creature and begins to douse the statues in the sticky substance. "Let's hope this works."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian unties the blindfolds, blinks once or twice

Really? We did it?I can't Believe it… Are you sure we can look at the balisik without any risk now that it is dead?

As Tara starts to sample the beast's blood, Vivian join her. Pharasman are used to get their hands dirty

The Redhead, of course, uses the basilisk's blood on the mighty Silas, and makes sure she leaves no part untouched so he can totally come back from the stone.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

You manage to retrieve the body of the basilisk, it's eyes closed in death, because you find you need pretty much all o fits blood. It is a gruesome task, but it works - your three stony companions regain their color, then some muscle control, and finally their voices.

Other than Vivian's last injury (11 dmg), you are all in good shape now.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia shakes her head. "I would not like to go through that again. Thank you all for killing that creature and restoring us. Now, where were we?"


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas looks around with a start, his weapons coming up to the ready position. At Vivian's smirking smile, he relaxes. "What happened?" he asks.

Once it's all explained to him, he looks at the rogue with a new respect. "You fought that thing single-handed? For us?" he questions. He then bows low. "I thank you all for the great risk you took. I am in your debt."

As they look around the circular chamber he continues to shift in his armor. At a questioning look, he shrugs. "I still feel strange. I'm hoping it's just a lingering effect. Weren't we trying to find a way up there?"

I categorically refuse to offer up an 'I still feel stiff' straight line. *narrows eyes at Vivian*


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Wiping the last of the blood onto Sophie, Tara lets out a sigh of relief as the others begin to lose their stony deposition. "Oh thank goodness, you're all alright!" Hugging Sophie, Tara wipes her forehead, staining it red. "We should be more cautious, this basilisk" kicking the corpse with her foot, "almost was the end of us. If one more person had been turned, someone would have had to remain behind."


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

As she hears what happened, tears well up in Sophie's eyes. She embraces Vivian, saying "Girl, you saved my life. I am indebted to you."


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

The dhampir hangs back awkwardly while Vivian and Tara smear the basilisk's blood on their petrified comrades.

So much blood in such a small creature, he thinks. And yet, so little. Every drop is needed to undo the effects of its horrible gaze. Every. Damn. Drop.

The tension leaves Niculaie's face once the revivification process has been completed, and he plays a jaunty riff on his lute as the party reunites.

"I do not know how the rest of you feel," he says at last, "but although I can continue exploring for a while yet, I would not object to a rest. I do recommend, however, that at a minimum we ascend to a higher floor to get away from this damnable flooding. We have been twice surprised by creatures attacking us from underwater, and each time nearly lost more than one of you. Twice is quite enough for me."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

For once, Vivian manages to blush at Silas's words-but not for long, of course

Hey, I wasn't alone! Without Nic- I can call you Nic, I hope?-and Tara's help, both mundane and magical, I wouldn't have been able to defeat that basilisk. But yes, you can worship my skill with a blade, my endearing daring ways, my charming smile and.. well, everything about me, in fact. I'll allow that

She gets on tiptoes and kisses the big man cheek

She then returns Sophie's hug with affection

I haven't done anything you wouldn't have tried yourself to save one of us life. I'm glad, sincerely, that you are all alive.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"If worship is what you wish, then, Miss Deberth, worship is what you'll have," Silas responds with a smile and bows again taking her hand in his and placing a light kiss on the back of it, never taking his eyes off Vivian's.

"Yes, we need to get up there somehow," the large man says, agreeing with Niculaie.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia keeps an impassive expression through the interaction between the fighter and the inquisitor. "The spell I planned to use has lapsed. I expect we can still use Miss Deberth's rope, though."


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

You can manage to get a rope tossed up and over remains of the original catwalks.

North or west door?


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas recommends trying the northern door first and offers to climb up and hold the door for the others.

Climb: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

And in spite of his heavy armor, he manages the climb. He remains standing, weapons ready, at the top of the rope as the others make the ascent.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Vivian's rope of climbing lowers the DC by 10 so I think it's impossible for any of us to fail.

Niculaie steps aside to allow Sophie, Tara, and Vivian (unless she wants to bring up the rear herself) to climb up ahead of him. He holds the rope steady for Tara to provide some additional stability in light of her near fall on the cliff.

Climb, Aid Another: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

When the others have all reached the opening (or as many have as want to go up ahead of him), Niculaie climbs up and pulls himself over the ledge.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"This rope really is a very useful device, Miss Deberth. Wherever did you find it?"

3,551 to 3,600 of 3,984 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.