Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


3,501 to 3,550 of 3,970 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Yah, I didn't really have a decent way to map this, but it's all over now anyway.

With the combined efforts, you are able to destroy the remaining undead monster. Silas burbles under the water. It is easy for Sophie to use the chain to pull him to safety before he drowns.

Moving on through the doors, you find a circluar chamber (K7). This chamber is empty save for dark water. Two doors sit high up the walls to the north and west. The floor of this chamber is actually 20 feet lower
than rest of the level. The iron catwalk that once passed above this chamber has been knocked down, and now lies at the bottom of the room, beneath the dark waters.

Swim DC 10 to get across the chamber.


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas gasps for breath once he's finally pulled up. He stands for a moment taking in air and regaining his strength. "Ok," he says after a bit. "Let's not do that again."

He coughs a little more before edging around the corner.

The map shows doors on this level. Are those visible? Otherwise, without flying, there's not a lot of reason for us not to turn around and head the other way. :)


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Sorry - there is a level 2 that you can see now as well.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian gives Silas a big hug- at least as much as her small arms can go around the big man- showing genuine relief and remorse

I'm so sorry, I do apologise. I didn't spot that trap. I'm so glad you arent harmed, or worse. Maybe I should keep my silly mouth shut, and not indulge in needless banter and wisecracking. This place scares me, and I guess it's how I try to cope with all that stress. Do you need Healing? I can heal you, it's the least I can do!


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"I'm unharmed, Miss Deberth," Silas answers, shrugging off the event. "Other than a bath which I sorely needed. No need to concern yourself and no need to change on my account." He smiles at the young woman before turning back to the task at hand.

~~~~

"Does anyone have a way to get us up there?" the warrior asks, indicating the doors above.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Miss Deberth's rope may serve again, or I can take a minute to prepare a spell that would allow me to climb up and attach a more mundane rope. The spell would also allow me to swim across the chamber without issues...not, I must say, a bad thing."


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None
Pontia Canario wrote:
"Miss Deberth's rope may serve again, or I can take a minute to prepare a spell that would allow me to climb up and attach a more mundane rope. The spell would also allow me to swim across the chamber without issues...not, I must say, a bad thing."

Niculaie nods. "I agree that moving upward is probably our best course, as the upper floors are unlikely to be flooded. Your spell sounds to be worth casting just for the climb, Miss Canario. If the water in this room conceals any creatures similar to those in the corridor, however, I would not be eager to swim through it even with magically increased proficiency."


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

"Yes, I've had my bath for the week," Silas says with a grin directed towards Vivian.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

The Chelaxian retreats and takes out her spellbook, then spends a minute studying it. Once it's been returned to her bag, she doffs her shoes and stockings, hitches up her robe and ties it off to one side, and casts her spell. Her hands and feet alter slightly in shape, fingers lengthening and feet webbing.

Preparing and casting monkey fish.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Tara glances down at the deep yawning pit that the undead had been hidden in, a sense of nervousness fills her stomach with dread. "I suppose now is a poor time to say that I don't really know how to swim?" letting out a nervous titter, Tara stands awkwardly waiting for Pontia and the others to come back with a rope.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

Sophie casts light on a rock and drops it in the water.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Dropping the light stone in the water reveals a transparent creature that is hard to make out. This squat, reptilian monster has eight legs, bony spurs jutting from its back, and eyes that glow with pale green fire. It turns its head towards you...

Initiative:

Niculaie: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Pontia: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Silas: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Sophie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Tara: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Vivian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Creature: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Tara (13 dmg)
Pontia
Vivian (4 dmg)

Creature
Niculaie
Sophie (5 dmg)
Silas


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Is there a relevant Knowledge check to identify it?


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

I'll roll one. Pontia's minimum bonus to identify something is a +12; once I know what type, I'll let you know the total.

Knowledge check: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Pontia:
Arcana was the winner here. ++17 according to your sheet.
The creature is a variant of the basilisk. It is a Slime-Infected Basilisk (Advanced) - The slime-infected basilisk depends on its transparent skin to help it surprise unsuspecting creatures.
Gaze (Ex)
Turn to stone permanently (as flesh to stone), range 30 feet, Fortitude DC 15 negates. A creature petrified in this matter that is then coated (not just splashed) with fresh basilisk blood (taken from a basilisk no more than 1 hour dead) is instantly restored to flesh. A single basilisk contains enough blood to coat 1d3 Medium creatures in this manner. The save DC is Constitution-based.
It also has a strong Swim skill (+13)


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

"Basilisk! Don't meet its gaze!" Suiting action to words, Pontia turns away from the creature. A practiced hand draws forth a light brown shred of something from her bag as she chants. With the completion of her spell, time seems to slow for the party...or perhaps it's that they're all moving faster.

Casting haste.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Vivian untie her magical rope, and throws one end to Pontia

Silas, help me to drag her out of the water quick!


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Who’s in the water? Besides the basilisk, I mean.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

Pontia has only cast the spell, and AIUI Sophie dropped the light when Pontia rejoined the party.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

"Basilisk?! Where is it?" Tara calls out, glancing around the room trying to see where the creature could be.

Tara will hold her action until she can either see the creature, or attack it if it gets close enough.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Slight misunderstanding. No one is in the water here, except the basilisk which is mostly transparent.

Gaze Attack Refresher:

Gaze
A gaze special attack takes effect when foes look at the attacking creature's eyes. The attack can have any sort of effect: petrification, death, and charm are common. The typical range is 30 feet, but check the creature's entry for details. The type of Saving Throw for a gaze attack varies, but it is usually a Will or Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 gazing creature's racial HD + gazing creature's Cha modifier; the exact DC is given in the creature's text). A successful Saving Throw negates the effect. A monster's gaze attack is described in abbreviated form in its Description. Each opponent within range of a gaze attack must attempt a Saving Throw each round at the beginning of his or her turn in the Initiative order. Only looking directly at a Creature with a gaze attack leaves an opponent vulnerable. Opponents can avoid the need to make the Saving Throw by not looking at the Creature, in one of two ways.

Averting Eyes: The opponent avoids looking at the creature's face, instead looking at its body, watching its Shadow, tracking it in a reflective surface, etc. Each round, the opponent has a 50% chance to avoid having to make a Saving Throw against the gaze attack. The Creature with the gaze attack, however, gains Concealment against that opponent.

Wearing a Blindfold: The foe cannot see the Creature at all (also possible to achieve by turning one's back on the Creature or shutting one's eyes). The Creature with the gaze attack gains total Concealment against the opponent.

A Creature with a gaze attack can actively gaze as an attack Action by choosing a target within range. That opponent must attempt a Saving Throw but can try to avoid this as described above. Thus, it is possible for an opponent to save against a creature's gaze twice during the same round, once before the opponent's Action and once during the creature's turn.

Gaze attacks can affect ethereal opponents. A Creature is immune to gaze attacks of others of its kind unless otherwise noted. Allies of a Creature with a gaze attack might be affected. All the creature's allies are considered to be averting their eyes from the Creature with the gaze attack, and have a 50% chance to not need to make a Saving Throw against the gaze attack each round. The Creature can also veil its eyes, thus negating its gaze ability.

No other action from Viv or Tara?

The creature gazes upon the group, which currently catches everyone. (I had to move Pontia, but based on her previous actions, it puts her in front.)

Fort 15 save to negate.


Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1

50% chance not to need a save, high means not: 1d100 ⇒ 9

Oops.

DC 15 Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

It sounds like a deliberate gaze attack only affects a single target.
Who is it targeting?

Despite her efforts to turn away, Pontia meets the creature's eyes and turns to stone.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

this is not good

fortitude: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Fortitude Save DC 15: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Really not good.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Ouch. The deliberate attack is pending after the results of the initial check.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft
Silas Womarsh wrote:

[dice=Fortitude Save DC 15]1d20+9

Really not good.

you were supposed to be the one to pull us through, Silas!


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Fortitude: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Niculaie ducks for cover behind his petrified comrades and tries to remember what he knows about basilisks, as Pontia did not have time to do more than shout a warning.

Knowledge (arcana?): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Given the benefit of Portia's verbal warning, I'll allow you 1 question on the knowledge list.

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Tara (13 dmg)
Pontia (stone)
Vivian (4 dmg)

Creature
Niculaie
Sophie (5 dmg, stone)
Silas (stone)

Vivian & Nic, what do you do?


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Niculaie's one question: What do we need to unpetrify them?

Did Tara make her save? Can Niculaie act, or does the basilisk go first?

Crouched in the water behind the petrified Silas, eyes tightly shut, Niculaie calls out, "Miss Deberth, I don't suppose you have some way to create mist or smoke? Anything that might interrupt this creature's line of sight?"


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

That's a brilliant idea. In fact, I do have two smokesticks… Never really thought I would see them one day.. Maybe Tara could blind it with a spell right after?

Vivian gets a smoke stick ready to use

Smokestick:This alchemically treated wooden stick instantly creates thick, opaque smoke when burned. The smoke fills a 10-foot cube (treat the effect as a fog cloud spell, except that a moderate or stronger wind dissipates the smoke in 1 round). The stick is consumed after 1 round, and the smoke dissipates naturally after 1 minute.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Do I need to make a save? I'm around a corner as far as the map is concerned?


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Given your last post, I believe you were looking in the room.
"Tara calls out, glancing around the room trying to see where the creature could be."
You do have partial cover, but I can't find any rule regarding gaze attacks that protects for this. But let's say you have a 50% shot of not needing to save, same as averting your eyes.


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

GM, Niculaie hasn't done anything yet (other than talk) because it looks like he isn't up yet, but you did ask what does he do - does he have a turn I haven't used yet? If so, he will begin a bardic performance to inspire courage.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Believe it or not, I think no one has actually acted yet. I took Vivian's post to indicate that she was using an action to retrieve an item from her sack, which she still has the action remaining to use it if she likes. Tara is holding her action until she can see the creature, but then asked if she needs to save because she is thinking she cannot see the creature, so waiting on her to decide what she is doing (50% chance and then save, or not looking in room and doing something else). Then the Basilisk will go, then you can start your performance.


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Can Tara see? Low good: 1d100 ⇒ 88 Doesn't look like Tara notices it


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9

Silas will stand perfectly still, his weapons held at the ready. Almost as if he was turned to stone.

;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Wiz/8 | AC 17* T 16* FF 16* | HP 42/42 | F +4 R +4 W +8 | Init +7| Perc +1|Sense Motive +1
Silas Womarsh wrote:

Almost as if he was turned to stone.

;)

Cue the Electric Light Orchestra! (Because I know that many of us are old enough to remember that song.)


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

So I guess Tara is still delaying?

The creature crawls out of the water, ignoring the statues he has created and goes after Vivian, who is still holding that smoke stick...

It actively turns its gaze at her.

Need another save Viv... If you want to have activated the smokestick, then you do get a 50% chance to avoid. Also, folks, you can be actively trying to not look at it...


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Based on her posting the spell description, I do think Vivian intended to use it on her turn. I’m going to post Niculaie's action on the assumption that she did.

Eyes squeezed shut even with the protection of the smoke, Niculaie begins to sing an old Chelaxian battle march from the Even-Tongued Conquest, centuries before the Chelish Civil War and the ascension of House Thrune. As the first notes ring out into the half-flooded chamber, Niculaie pulls his scythe off his shoulder and grips it tightly in both hands, trying to be ready for an attack.

Niculaie has begun his performance so that he can cast Saving Finale as an immediate action if either Tara or Vivian fail their save against petrification (whichever fails first). Unfortunately, it only works for a save rolled after he starts the performance.

Bardic performance used: 2/14


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Good idea. That would bring us back around to Tara and Vivian.
I would just like to remind you, sometimes retreating is an option...


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Hearing the skittering of feet, Tara watches with alarm as half of her allies turn to stone. "Oh, this is not good." she mutters, locking eyes with the reptile, as looks between Vivian and Niculaie.

Scrambling through her bag, Tara retrieves a vial of icy blue liquid and chucks it at the creature. "Should we fall back?"

Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Know Arcana: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Is there an easy way to reverse the stone-to-flesh effect?
Range Touch attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 - 4 = 14
liquid ice damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I think there is no shame in running away today, especially if we can come back quick with a cure for our companions. No point in all of us getting stoned…

Sorry if I wasn't clear: it was my intention to use the smoke stick on the previous round


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Vivian, did you make the concealment roll/second save? Do we have three PCs still moving, or did we just lose the one character with the blind fight feat?

At a natural pause in the marching chant, Niculaie says, "That is a prudent suggestion, Miss Eliade. If I recall correctly, the blood of the basilisk itself will reverse the petrification of its victims. The only other cure is powerful magic that I believe is well beyond our capacity - and would be even if Miss Canario were not one of our petrified comrades."

As soon as he can act again, Niculaie (eyes still closed, continuing his song) begins to make his way west down the flooded hall.

"Do we risk the treacherous cliff path again? Or continue on in the hope that this passage will lead us to some place of respite?"

Bardic performance used by the end of this round (if not ended for Saving Finale): 3/14


Male Human Fighter 8 | HP 84/84 | AC 24 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +12, CMD 21 | F: +10, R: +2, W: +3; +2 vs. fear, +2 vs. emotion spells/effects | Init: +4 | Perc: +9
GM Fuzzfoot wrote:
I would just like to remind you, sometimes retreating is an option...

For some of us, maybe. ;P XD


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Sorry, very tired these days

Concealement , 50%+ is good: 1d100 ⇒ 69

Fort save if needed: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

OK, it is not difficult for the 3 of you to retreat, given the smoke and the fact that these areas were meant to be cages. The door is shut, and three of you are statues, and three are not.

Niculaie has it correct. The blood of the basilisk could reverse the process - for up to 3 people.

Looks like you need a good plan.


Female NG Changeling Oracle (Spirit Guide) 8 | HP 59 | AC 20 T 12 FF 18 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +3, R: +5, W: +7; +4 vs. disease, +2 vs. Undead, +2 vs. Fear, immune: sickened | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, SM: +11 | Speed 20ft

good luck! Don't fail! Haha


Male dhampir bard (dirge bard) 6 (CL8) /Investigator (gravedigger) 2 | Bardic Perf 19/19; Inspiration 3/3 | HP: 48/51 | AC 18 T 13 FF 16 | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +11, W: +9 (+4 vs fear, energy drain, death & necromantic effects) | Init: +4 | Perc: +5 (darkvision), SM: +4 | Speed 30 | Mwk Scythe +7 (2d4+1/x4), silver lt. mace +6 (1d6+1), +1 darkwd comp shortbow +8 (1d6+2/x3) | Spells (bard): 2nd, 4/4; 1st, 5/6; 0, ∞/6 | Spells (Inv): 1st, Shield, (2 open) | *Active: None

Bardic performance ends. Rounds used: 3/14.

OK, I think I've got an idea!

Once they have retreated a few yards down the hall, Niculaie slumps against the wall. Hearing only the breathing of his companions and the splashing of their steps, he dares to crack open his eyes. Once he confirms that the door to the basilisk's chamber is fully closed behind them, he sighs and rubs at his eyes.

"The master of this castle must have been mad, to keep a creature like that alive in his home! We must find a way to slay it if we are to rescue our comrades."

The dhampir slings his scythe back over his shoulder, and takes hold of his lute instead. He begins softly strumming a simple tune and smiles sheepishly. "By your leave, ladies. It does help me think."

After another moment's thought, he asks, "We are down to half-strength, but we must have some assets. Miss Deberth, you are probably the best of us with a blade; how are you at fighting blindfolded? I have a scroll with a spell (heroism) that will make you a bit better. Miss Eliade, I do not know any spells that would allow us to view the room remotely, do you? If so, we might be able to call out advice to Miss Deberth to allow her to better locate the creature."


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 42/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:

Tara contemplates the question before shaking her head. "No, I'm sorry. My training was more focused on helping others make it through difficult encounters and less taking point. I don't think I even have the components to cast such a spell if Pharasma was to grant it to me." Running her hands through her hair, Tara looks to Vivian.

"Miss Deberth, I can help strengthen you, like I do with Mr. Womarsh. Would that be useful, or should I concentrate my powers on strengthening myself to help provide you with a flanking partner?" she asks the other Pharasmian, trying to come up with a game-plan before stumbling into the creature's den again.

3,501 to 3,550 of 3,970 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.