Carrion Crown

Game Master PJP

Current Map


101 to 150 of 4,072 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Sorry, European time here. And yes, Vivian would like to share her room with Tara.

The previous evening, Vivian spends most of her time helping Kendra with mundane tasks, listening to her if needed, sharing small time chat if she prefers.

On the morning, the redhead was still sleeping when someone knocks at the door of the room she's sharing with Tara.

Only a few minutes more, mommy....

It takes her a few moments to realise that she is no longer in Karcau. She yawns and stretches like a cat, washes herself and dresses before coming down in the main room of the house, as people speak about a desecrated statue.

So that's Harrowstone again, huh?

Speeding her breakfast, Vivian prays to Pharasma before leaving Kendra's house, tracing the spiral over her heart. After a small walk in the chilly morning air, they come to the statue. The group of villagers reminds Vivian of the small hostile crowd the day before at the cemetary.

Let's hope this won't end in violence.

Sense Motive to check the crowd mood: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

She looks at the statue, the blood, and put some pieces of the puzzle together, kissing her holy symbol before speaking

My name is Vivian Deberth, Sheriff Caeller. We all arrived yesterday only in Ravengro to assist miss Kendra Lorrimor through the tough times of her father's burial, and to pay our respects to the late Professor. Supposing this is real blood, because you wouldn't be there if it wasn't...There's recent blood on the statue's base, but there is no body to see, so no victim so far, the Lady of the Graves be thanked. It's not an accident, as someone took the time to write a V in blood on the statue.It probably happened either yesterday evening or during the night, because no one saw it before this morning.Have you been able to follow a trail, Sheriff? Do we already know if anyone is missing in town?Why would someone deface this statue?

Perception: is there some houses close to the statue? Some villager who could have seen something from a window?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Eyebrows raised at Vivian's lung capacity, Drace can't help but smile. "Good morning Sheriff. Drace Kross." He said offering a handshake "Pardon us for being so forward. But we were curious if your investigation had turned anything of note up. I have some experience in dealing with odd...incidents...such as this and would be happy to help."

Untrained Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Using up my good rolls early from the looks of it!


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Although some people in the crowd give the group suspicious glances, they appear more fearful and confused than angry at the moment. Vivian also notes that the nearest home is about 250 feet away, although a thick group of trees obscure the view.

"You said your name is Vivian, huh?" The Sheriff notes in a casual manner, looking over at the 'V' on the statue as he speaks, "I don't suppose you and your friends here can account for your whereabouts last night? When did you all get into town, anyway? Now, please don't start getting upset, it's just, it's strange to find this vandalism here around the time you folks showed up in town."

"As for your questions, Miss, we've just started the investigation so details are sketchy so far."

When Drace offers his hand, the Sheriff shakes it with a strong grip, and his initial suspicions seem a bit disarmed, but not entirely gone,"Assuming your stories all check out, what sort of help are you offering, exactly?"


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

We arrived yesterday, just in time for Petros Lorrimor's funeral. After the funeral, his daughter invited us at her house so we could be present for the reading of the late professor's will by the Counsellor Hartmount... Sorry if I mispelled his name. Then we talked an little, and Kendra gently offered us her hospitality. So, as nearly everyone in town, except the one who did this thing on the statue, we slept through the night. I guess I can honestly say that between our individual travels- I'm coming all the way from Karcau-the stress of yesterday events at the cemetary and the burial and mourning of our lost friend, we were all really tired and not in the mood for desecrating a statue none of us even knew the existence before this morning.

diplomacy, help Drace: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Vivian is quite a talkative character. Totally unlike me. ^^


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

While the sheriff speaks with Vivian, Kendra, and Drace, the doctor tries to take a solid look at the 'V' painted on the statue, looking for anything otherwise unusual or interesting.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The doctor also extends his hand to the sheriff. "Hello, Sheriff. I am Doctor Stefan von Herzog. I run a medical practice in Lepidstadt. I am a former student and friend of the late Professor Lorrimor. Speaking for myself, I arrived in town yesterday afternoon to attend Petros' funeral. After the ceremony was over, Miss Lorrimor invited us back to her home for the reading of his will. She also graciously offered to let us stay with her. I didn't leave her house until this morning. I don't believe any of the rest of us did either."

After the sheriff asks Drace about what help we could offer, Stefan adds, "I am a physician, and I'd be happy to offer my skills with medicine and science if it would help your investigation in any way."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Male M,

The morning air was still crisp, and Sentir pulled his weather-beaten cloak closer, as he stood around the memorial. He listened as Vivian talked to the sheriff, she was doing a good job, so he moved next to the doctor, who was closely examining the vandalism. The oracle bends his head close as well, looking at the blood, smeared on the stone.

Knowledge History for any reason they defaced this memorial in this way: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

“What do you think, Doctor? Petty vandalism due to the little dust-up at the funeral or part of the larger mystery that encircles us? And can we be so open with the sheriff? Vivan is telling all about us….” He asks, in a low voice. “Perhaps we should keep some secrets? After all, we are perhaps being dogged by a secret cult of death worshipers…” His voice trails off, as he gazes on the sheriff.

Sense Motive on the sheriff: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"Man power and knowledge." Drace said as the others introduced themselves. "We have quite a wide variety of skills within our group, having worked with the professor in the past. We could think of no better honor to his memory than making sure his town remains safe, especially in light of those who decided to interfere with his funeral yesterday."


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Sweeping her bangs out of her eyes, Tara stands near the back as the sheriff begins to question Vivian about her location. Tara stays nearby Teilaenthis, in an effort not to cause any undo alarm. Maybe they should have headed to the library instead of examining the memorial? Now that they were here, she felt useless and out of place. Her focus of studies was with religion and magical items; not ancient cults and vandalism. Nodding along to Drace's statement, Tara absentmindedly scans around the area, attempting to see anything out of the ordinary. However, unable to notice anything exceptionally out of place, she merely allows the others to interact with the authority figures.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Leaning in to Senthir, the doctor whispers, "Let's keep that to ourselves for now. No need to start a panic."


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Stefan doesn't discover any additional useful information from his quick examination of the statue, other than to confirm to his senses that it was indeed blood used to draw the letter and splatter the area.

Sentir does not recall any pertinent historical fact related to Harrowstone and the current defacement, although he does note that the sheriff appears somewhat easy-going considering the circumstances, but perhaps that's just his natural personality.

Although Tara does not spot any additional clues, she does spy the occasional villager peering over at her group and whispering to one another. Their manner suggests gossip more so than paranoia at the moment.

As for the sheriff, the group's open and friendly manner seems to have won him over, "As long as Ms. Lorrimor can vouch for you, that's good enough for me. If you want to look over the scene of the crime, go ahead, I just ask that you don't touch anything. I could use some other experienced eyes on this anyway, a doctor certainly can't hurt."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Thank you, Sheriff. We'll do our best. And we won't touch anything.

The redhead carefully inspects the statue, her arms crossed in her back so she won't touch anything, as promised

Take 20 in Perception if possible (total 26), if not possible
Looking for clues(perception): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

As she looks at the statue, she tries to engage the Sheriff-or anyone around- in a little chitchat

I'm the daughter of a Pharasman priest in Karcau, and of course I'm no stranger to loss and mourning. I find heartwarming the fact that the good people of Ravengro build this statue, to keep memory of the departed. Could you tell us more about Harrowstone and it's history? What happened and when?


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Please make a Diplomacy check to gather information, Vivian


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Oopps; sorry
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Taking 20 is fine with me.

No additional clues are forthcoming from Vivian's search, although she does clearly see there are 25 names engraved on the base.

"Do you think there's some relation to this and the history of the prison?" The sheriff asks, as he tries to remember the important facts, "Let's see, the town council might know a lot more but some of the basic details are it was built sometime in the 4590's, and the town grew up around it. Then it was partially destroyed by a fire 50 years ago and was abandoned. The fire killed all the prisoners and the guards, including the warden and his wife, but no one knows what started it. This statue is a commemoration of the warden and the guards who lost their lives. We've never had problems with vandalism before, the only people who come out here are mostly just lovestruck kids who want to get frisky."


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I know this kind of kid... Have been one myself, not so long ago, in fact.

She smiles at the pleasant memories

I suppose the names engraved are those of the guards and the warden, so they will be forever remembered? That's nice...

Wonder if the elders of the town could give us some information about the event.50 years isn't too far in time.

Vivian looks at the list of names, saddened by all the lost lives. Her slender finger caress each name, and she silently offers a prayer to Pharasma after reading them one by one.


Male M,

Sentir shakes his head. There wasn't enough evidence to find anything. Was it just some rebellious kid, an angry local, a cult crazed maniac? One letter just wasn't enough. They would have to simply keep their eyes open for future events.

Moving from the doctor, he approaches the sheriff and Drace. “Morning, Sheriff. There isn't much to go on here, but I will ask this. Who actually built the memorial? The Church of Pharasma or was it the city fathers? It might have bearing. Perhaps the vandal had a grudge against one of them? Surely both have their enemies in town?” Sentir asks, keeping his voice light and idle.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"That is truly unfortunate." Drace said commiserating about the fire. "I've just recently come from the captial, the town and people here seem to be slightly more on edge than I'm used to. Has something else happened recently to make them so?"


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

The sheriff looks at Vivian a little strangely when she begins meditating on the names inscribed on the blood covered statue, but leaves her to it.

Glancing down briefly at Sentir's burnt arms, Sheriff Caeller responds to his question, "That I couldn't tell you. I would venture to guess the town or the county government at the time paid for it. If anyone has problems with the Temple or the men and women of the Council, they've been keeping it to themselves."

To Drace he answers, "People always get a little pent up over the winter, now that spring is here and they can get back to work on their farms I'm sure it'll pass."

If you wish to move on to something else individually or in groups that's fine, just let me know.


Male M,

Sentir shakes his sleeves to cover his blackened arms. Sometime he forgot about them burned and ugly, but the action of the fabric on burnt skin soon fixed that. Fighting down a grimace of pain, he nodded at the Sheriff.

“Perhaps that is all there is to it. Just normal restlessness.” His voice is light and it hides his doubts. “If you see anything else, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’ll be happy to provide any assistance we can. And I also have a personal interest in such things, as a hobby, so I’d be indebted to you if you included us in your findings.” Turning to Drace he adds, “Shall we go into town and leave the Sheriff to his work? He has been most kind but we are troubling him, after all.”

Sentir will head into town to see the shops. He puts on the air of a fairly respectable genteel traveler, or tries to. Friendly, rich and harmless.

Bluff for genteel wealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

"Here is to hoping." Drace said with a nod despite feeling the opposite internally. "Certainly, I hope we didn't bother you too much Sheriff."

Drace is ready to head back into town. The plan is to go to the general store to purchase some trail rations/fish hooks/fish line, then the forge to pick up a few whetstones, then for a meal at The Outward Inn. The general questions we'd look to ask is: Has been anything going on out of the ordinary (other than the vandalism), has anyone new come to town lately, why everyone is a little on edge?


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Standing on her tip toes, Tara attempts to whisper into Teilaenthis' ear. "I suppose we can add this to the things to look up once we reach the library. Are you ready to depart?" Dropping back down to her normal height, Tara waits for Teilaenthis to finish examining the area before leading the way towards the temple of Pharasma and its library.

Tara is ready to leave to do some research at the library whenever Teilaenthis is. She will let Kendra know where they have gone, in case anyone needs to get in contact with either herself or Teil


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Not seeing much he could offer the sheriff with what seems to be simple, yet gruesome vandalism, the doctor offers a parting handshake. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Sheriff. I wish it could have been under better circumstances. I meant it when I offered my assistance with your investigation. We'll all be staying with Miss Lorrimor for the time being, so we should be able to be reached there. Good day to you!"

Returning to Kendra's side, Stefan asks, "Miss Lorri... um, Kendra. Would it be all right with you if I examined your father's books and papers back at your house? Of the five of us, I may be the one most directly familiar with your father's work... although I will admit that he and I grew a bit distant after he relocated here to Ravengro. I may be able to glean more information about his research by going over his personal library, and that may help us retrace his steps. However, before I do that, I'd like to introduce myself to that apothecary you mentioned earlier... Jolinda was it?"


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Time to leave...

Vivian, who was crouching as she finished to read the deceased list and pray for them, stands up and brushes her dress

Thank you, sherif. I'm ready to go.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Returning to his examination of the statue, the sheriff gives a distracted farewell to those who depart from the scene.

Sentir and Drace

Sentir's rich act is quite good to the untrained eye, but he quickly realizes that a wealthier man's outfit might make his deception more believable as he gets some weird stares from the villagers.

At this early hour, the various establishments found in the town square as just opening, although those villagers moving about can be overheard gossiping about the vandalism at the statue when not staring at the newcomers.

Entering the general store, Sentir and Drace come across a man named Luthko Avanaki, who apologies for his bleary eyed distraction, explaining that one of his five daughters is ill and he was up half the night. The store is full of everyday items such as tools, pots, and pans, as well as some adventuring gear and kits. In the back of the store, however, stands a suit of finely made full plate armor. He sells Drace all the items he asks for at the usual market price. That is, the price listed in the Core rulebook.

At the Forge, the pair meets a female middle-aged dwarf named Jorfa, who appears to be working on the creation of some farm tools. She has a good collection of weapons and armor for sale, even some masterwork pieces. She sells Drace his whetstones quickly, as she grumbles something about being behind on her current order.

In case either of you want to question these NPC's further, we'll pause here and continue to the inn in a later post.

Also, if you want to question the villagers about the current state of affairs, please make a Diplomacy check.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Tara and maybe Teil?

Making her way to the Temple of Pharasma, Tara notes that it is by far the elaborate building she's seen so far in the entire village, with its eastern façade displaying an intricate stained-glass mural of the goddess Pharasma judging what looks to be some local ruler. Knowledge (local or history) to identify the ruler.

Entering through the open doors, Tara quickly comes across a young acolyte named Elissa who offers to find Father Grimburrow. Shortly there after the older man emerges from the back of the temple with polite smile as he brushes some crumbs from his robes, "Yes, my child, what can I help you with?"

You'll need to make a Diplomacy check to use the library, although the difficulty will be lower if you identify your status as a cleric.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Stefan

Kendra nods affirmatively at the doctor's request, "Yes, that would be fine. Since everyone seems to have business, I believe I'll return to home for now, I don't believe there is anything else to see here. Just follow the road to the town square, her shop is located there."

Making his way to the apothecary, Dr. Von Herzog is greeted inside by a human woman who he immediate recognizes as one of the funeral attendees. Her shop appears well-stocked with a good supply of pharmacological provisions, both herbal and alchemical. In addition there appears to be some material components for spells, as well as what look like potions, but those remain behind the counter. "Good day, Dr. Von Herzog was it? I don't believe we've been formally introduced, I am Jominda Fallenbridge."


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Vivian, is there anything you would like to do? Kendra is returning to her home if that makes any difference.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

I am going to the Town Hall to get some info on Harrowstone and maybe some gossip. And I'll ask for a clothes shop.


Male M,

Sentir smiles ruefully. Without a disguise (or costume, as he thought of it) acting was very difficult. But at least no shopkeep just threw him into the street. There had been times when a well-intentioned store owner had taken one look at the oracle and tossed him out.

In Luthko's store, he was careful to hide his blackened arms and hands, such things always upset people. While Drace shopped (and spending money lowered the owner's guard) Sentir chatted with him, playing up his genteel status (at the eyebrow at his clothes he muttered about 'hard times'). Posing as a amateur archeologist, I ask about the burned jail, as a 'academic curiosity'. I ask lightly, and don't press too hard. I also mention my party was joined by a doctor (Dr. Herzog) on the road, and would he like him to have a look at his ailing daughter?

I do it like this, instead of direct RP because it is easier then 'going back' and making you play the NPCs after we have 'left'. If you would rather not, I can re-do it and like normal. ie, "So, I make a study of such things..." and spell it out. Your call GM!

Diplomacy on Luthko: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Bluff for interested amateur in the jail: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Taking a moment to admire the armor Drace completes his purchases as Sentir speaks to the shopkeepers. Nodding along with Sentir, Drace nods and affirms the the skill of the Doctor.

At the forge Drace will spend a moment browsing the store's stock, and out of curiosity asks what order is pending.

If nothing immediately catches Drace's and Sentir's attention with their questions, they'll make they way to the Inn for a big breakfast and to ask around further


Female Changeling Cleric of Pharasma 8 | AC 16 T 12 FF 15 | HP 51/51 | Fort + 6 Ref + 5 Will + 10 | Init + 6 | Perc + 6 | Channel: 5/6 left | Darkvision 60 ft | 20 ft with pack 30 ft no pack | CMD 20 CMB +8 | Hero Points: 2/2
Spells Cast:
Bless

Taking in the similar, but slightly different, atmosphere of the temple, Tara offers a kind smile to Father Grimburrow. "Good Morning, Father. I was wondering if I could make use of your library." Pulling out her holy symbol of Pharasma, Tara shows it to the kindly old man. "I am a cleric of Pharasma, myself and it would help me so much on some of my research." Tucking the holy symbol back into her robes, Tara looks at the stain glass. "Though if you won't let me into the library, I am curious, who is this that stands before our lady?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Ugh...I'm having that sort of day...I could swear I put in Aid another for diplomacy...

Aid Another Diplomacy Sentir: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Vivian

Making her way to the town square, Vivian quickly discovers the Town Hall is locked and looks to be currently unoccupied. After talking to a few locals, she learns that she'll need to speak with one of the Councilmembers if she wants access to the library. Most of them suggest Mirta Straelock, but Vivian has met Vashian Hearthmount already. Regardless of which one she chooses to meet, she receives directions to both their homes.

Please make a Diplomacy roll if you want to pick up some gossip.

There appears to be no clothing store in town, although the general store has some work clothing and basic dresses. Asking around about it, most villagers make their own clothes, get them from traveling merchants, or go to a larger community, such as Lepidstadt.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir and Drace

Luthko shrugs at the mention of Harrowstone, not knowing much about its history, and explaining that stories that prison is haunted are just that—stories. He goes on to say that the ruins are still dangerous, but what folks think are ghosts are only the nasty vermin that live there. He also thanks Sentir for the recommendation of a doctor, but is currently satisfied with the tonic he acquired from the apothecary.

At the forge, Jorfa returns to work, but gives out the names of several local farmers that requested new farm tools in the last couple of weeks, and mutters some curses about procrastinators.

Passing by Vivian, the pair then makes their way to the Outward Inn. The establishment is rather well-maintained, but currently only a few locals seem to be in attendance, two older men playing a game with Harrow cards, and a younger man drinking his sorrows away at the bar. Sentir and Drace are greeted by a dark haired woman in her early 30's named Sarianna, who recommends they return later in the evening when a bard all the way from Caliphas will be performing.

If you want to spend a few hours here, you can make another Diplomacy check for information.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Tara

"Oh another priestess of the faith, very nice to meet you." The older cleric says with some surprise, "Open access to our library won't be possible, we're currently in the process of reorganizing and many of the tomes are fragile, I'm sure you understand. If there's something in particular you are interested in though, I'll ask one of the acolytes to look into it for you."

He then looks over at the stained glass, "Oh, that's Count Andachi, a terrible, vicious former ruler of the county. The mural represents how all mortals will meet our Lady eventually no matter who they were in life, and will be judged accordingly."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

As the pair make their way to the Inn, a grumbling sound from Drace's stomach indicates a ferocious need for more fuel and orders a meal for himself and Sentir. He curiously watches the man in his cups, and makes small talk with Sarianna, hoping to glean a bit more information about the people and the city.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Diplomacy Aid - Sentir: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Assuming there is nothing to keep them from moving on their day, they will make a stop at The Post Poles to see if there is any interesting news posted, then back their way back to the Lorrimor residence to wait for everyone else.

Oh dear...with those rolls it's surprising that Drace is let outside at all.


Male M,

Sentir tries to cover up Drace’s clumsy pumping for information. Eventually he shakes his head and sits next to the young man hiding in the bottle. Sentir had been at such places in life, although liquor wasn’t his particular vice of choice. It was still stills ad to see the young man so deep in the grasp of the drink.

“What ails you friend? I am a traveler, from out of town and I can trade stories of the outside for knowledge of what is going on in the town. Would such a trade interest you? I have a rich friend,” He beckons to Drace, “Who can buy you more to drink or eat, if you’d prefer payment in that.”

Diplomacy focused on the drinking young man: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Thanks for the help Drace. Means a lot. If the young man isn't communicative or something I head out to Post Poles with Drace.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

Meanwhile, at the apothecary...

"Good morning, Ms. Fallenbridge!" The doctor offers a handshake. "I believe I saw you among the mourners at Petros' funeral yesterday. What a tragedy. The world is a darker place without him."

After a brief pause, he continues, "As I mentioned at the funeral, I'm a physician by trade, and I have a medical practice up in Lepidstadt. I plan to stay here in Ravengro for the next several weeks, in order to assist Kendra putting her father's affairs in order. Now, I understand that townsfolk who are in need of healing or medicine may come to you for help. I'd like to offer my assistance in the event you may have a troublesome case, or wanted another opinion on treatment options."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir and Drace

The pair learn that the young man's name is Janos, and it takes very little prompting to tell you a long, complicated story about his love for a young woman Natalia who does not reciprocate his feelings. He's soon joined by two older friends with whom he works with on a local farm and, assuming you're willing to buy them drinks, you learn that one of them named Daven had a grandfather who died in the Harrowstone and happens to be very knowledgeable. As he tells you what he knows, occasionally other townfolk in the inn add bits and pieces of what his misses.

2 sp spent on drinks:

Harrowstone is a ruined prison—partially destroyed by a fire in 4661, the building has stood vacant ever since. The locals suspect that it’s haunted, and don’t enjoy speaking of the place.

6 sp spent on drinks:

Harrowstone was built in 4594. Ravengro was founded at the same time as a place where guards and their families could live and that would produce food and other supplies used by the prison. The fire that killed all of the prisoners and most of the guards destroyed a large portion of the prison’s underground eastern wing, but left most of the stone structure above relatively intact. The prison’s warden perished in the fire, along with his wife, although no one knows why she was in the prison when the fire occurred. A statue commemorating the warden and the guards who lost their lives was built in the months after the tragedy—that statue still stands on the riverbank just outside of town.

1 gp spent on drinks:

Most of the hardened criminals sent to Harrowstone spent only a few months imprisoned, for it was here that most of Ustalav’s executions during that era were carried out. The fire that caused the tragedy was, in fact, a blessing in disguise, for the prisoners had rioted and gained control of the prison’s dungeons immediately prior to the conflagration. It was only through the self-sacrifice of Warden Hawkran and 23 of his guards that the prisoners were prevented from escaping—the guards gave their lives to save the town of Ravengro.

Despite all you learn from Daven, you get the feeling there's probably still more to the story, although not from him.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Stefan

Ms. Fallenbridge takes a moment to think about Stefan's offer before replying, "Thank you, Dr. Von Herzog. I'll certainly consider your offer, and I hope if you require any sort of alchemical antidote, you'll come see me. Is there anything in particular you require today?"

Despite her polite answer, Stefan can tell he hasn't quite won her over, but she appears willing to work with him.

If you still wish to research the Whispering Way at the Lorrimor home after this, you may make a Knowledge (arcana or religion) check with a +2 bonus from the library.


female Human Rogue/Inquisitor (4/4)-AC 20 T 15 FF 16 HP 59/59 -Ini+5-BaB+6 (+8 ranged) CMB +6 CMD 19- Fort +8 Ref+9 Will+8 -Per+13 Move 30

Seeing that the town hall is closed, Vivian strolls toward the house of Vashian Heartmound, taking her time as she gets to the general store, buying herself some extra, simple clothes, and the loveliest scarf she can find for Kendra, trying to get the shop's bosses in chatting mode

spending 2 SP for two set of peasants clothes, 1GP on an traveler outfit and another 1 SP for the scarf (total 1GP;3SP spend)

Thats will do... So, how is business these days? What's new in Ravengro? Have you been here for long?

diplomacy to get some gossip: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

If no one wants to speak to her, she will go the Heartmound's house.


Male M,

Sentir honestly grins. He had a good time talking with the townspeople (and hopefully cheering up the sad young man). More importantly they had finally got some solid information on Harrowstone. Best of all it was on Drace's dime.

Clearing his throat when it was clear he had milked the crowd dry, Sentir stood up and smiled. “Thank you for all the information. I'm indebted to your whole community. I make a personal study of such things, so I appreciate all the local history. I offer three coppers to anyone here who can give me the name of someone who might know more? To fill in some of the small gaps and some of the smaller stories. Anyone want to take me up on my offer?” Sentir looks over the small crowd of people.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


Daemon Spawn Teifling Occultist (battle host) 3 AC 16 | hp 5/24 | F+5, R+3, W +3 | Mental Focus Tr 5/5 Used/ Ab 1/4 Used | Init +3 | Perc +5 | Darkvision 60'

Having remained silent as he followed Tara's lead, Teil finally speaks. "We were hoping to research a symbol we encountered, upon request of the late Doctor. There may be some ill portents associated with it. A brass scarab set with a single eye in its center, possibly associated with a field of purple."

Grand Lodge

Male Human Fighter Level 2 (HP 17/22 | AC:18 | T:12 | FF:16 CMB: 4 | CMD:17 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+2 | Will:+0 | Init:+4 | Speed 20')

Drace will sympathize and follow Sentir's lead in the conversations as he watches the Oracle work his social magic, making sure to keep on top of their tab.

After the conversations wind down, and they've found out everything they can, Drace will continue on to check the Posts then back to the Lorrimor residence.


NG Male Human Wizard (Necromancer) 6 | hp 31/32 | AC 17 (Touch 12; FF 16) | Init +5 | Per +5 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +7 | CMB +3; CMD 13 | Speed 30 ft.

...at the apothecary...

"Alas, not at present. My coach was waylaid by brigands on the journey from Lepidstadt. The rogues didn't harm me or my driver, but they did run off with my medical bag. I'll need to replace it, and it would seem that your shop has everything I would need. However, they also took most of my traveling funds. I've sent word to my solicitor back in Lepidstadt, but it may be a while before she can send me more funds.

Well, I'll figure out something before then. It was a pleasure to meet you, madam. Good day!"

The doctor takes a walk around the town to get his bearings and to see what other establishments exist in Ravengro. He greets anyone he meets with a tip of his top hat and a friendly greeting.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Alas, his honest attempt at friendliness comes off as thinly-veiled condescension.

After an hour of walking the streets of Ravengro, Stefan returns to the Lorrimor house and goes over the late professor's library. He is specifically looking for more information on the Whispering Way.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14

Ugh! I rolled two threes!


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Vivian

You also make the acquaintance of shopkeeper Luthko Avanaki, who sells you the clothing items you wish to purchase and tells you about his sick daughter. He explains that business is going ok in the current climate, but is bound to pick up when the weather gets nicer. The only recent news he seems willing to discuss is the graffiti on the statue, which leads him to explain his view that the prison isn't haunted.

Another customer, an older woman name Freda, disagrees with his assessment, saying, "Now and then, if you visit Harrowstone near sundown, you can hear the ghost of the warden’s wife wailing and sobbing from somewhere within the ruins. She haunts the prison now, forever mourning her husband and attempting to frighten anyone who intrudes on the prison!"

The shopkeeper merely rolls his eyes and goes back to his business.

We'll move to Hearthmount's house after a quick scene which follows in a few posts.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Sentir and Drace

Sentir's offer of copper pieces yields a few potential names of knowledgeable men and women around town. The names Councilman Hearthmount, Father Grimburrow, Jominda Fallenbridge, and Alendru Ghoroven are suggested, as well as Petros Lorrimor from a person who evidently isn't keeping up with local news.

Assuming you're doing as Drace suggests and returning to the Lorrimor house, there's a quick scene for you in a couple of posts.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Tara and Teilaenthis

Father Grimburrow looks perplexed by the symbol Teil describes, "I can't say that sounds very familiar, but I'll have Kellos look into it, he's a very knowledgeable boy."

Is there anything else either of you wishes to do at the moment?


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Stefan

"I'm quite sorry to hear about your trouble with bandits, hopefully your stay in Ravengro will be much safer. Good day to you, Doctor." Jominda says as Stefan departs her shop.

Despite his attempts at making friends with some townfolk as he returns to the Lorrimor estate, everyone Dr. Von Herzog greets seems to be either too busy to chat or just ignores him.

I'm going to cut in with a quick scene before we get to your research, but I think it's best if we keep the arcana roll.


Gamemaster | CC Map | S4 Map

Everyone (Tara and Teil can be part of this if they wish assuming they decide to take a stroll through town square)

Having finished their various tasks in the town square, Sentir, Drace, Vivian, and Stefan all happen past the gazebo around the same time.
Standing near the structure, they all see a group of five little Varisian girls dressed in shawls and dresses who are playing a skipping rope game.

One of the girls jumps into the rope and sings: "Put her body on the bed/Take a knife and lop her head."

As she jumps out to take one end of the rope and another one jumps in, the song continues: "Watch the blood come out the pipe/Feeds the stirge, so nice and ripe."

The third girl replaces the second, adding the verse: "Drops of red so sparkly bright/Splatters spell her name just right."

The way in which the girls switch from skipping to passing the ends of the rope to each other to keep the whole thing going is strikingly well timed and well-choreographed, as the fourth jumps in and sings, "With a hammer killed his wife/Now he wants to claim your life."

The fifth girls apparently finishes the song with, "Tricksy father tells a lie/Listen close or you will die."

Afterwards they continue to skip rope and repeat the song, seemingly unfazed by the words.

101 to 150 of 4,072 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Harker Presents: Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.