GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


1,201 to 1,250 of 1,619 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Reaching the room Dolgrin studies the painting with a mixture of dread and fascination.

"Pretty good likeness, but what kind of magic is in play here?"
religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
arcana: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys stares at the painting, his face a mask of concern, "What's going on here?" he asks no one in particular, then he takes out his journal and makes a rough sketch of the portrait.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen seems visibly shaken at the sight of the painting. Is it foretelling that V is not incuded here, or is it simply that he has not entered the room? He makes himself study both painting and frame, wondering of its significance.

Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


@Lichen/Dolgrin: The painting appears to be a very old, very well preserved work of art. Nothing about it appears inherently magical and other than the obvious death imagery, there isn't anything that strikes you as being related to any specific religion.

As Dolgrin, Rhys and Lichen enter the room, they stop hearing the harpsichord music.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Stepping out of the room, Dolgrin calls back to Lichen

"Am I still within the painting, or has anything changed at all"

Dolgrin is testing to see if the painting and the music are affected by the individual being within the room or not


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Waiting to see if Dolgrin's experiment has any yield before adding


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen watches the canvas closely calling And can you now hear the music again?


Dolgrin starts hearing the harpsichord music again, as soon as he steps out of the room. There is no change in the make up of the painting when Dolgrin exits the room.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Yeah the music picked up again, this place is weird. Guessing I'd have to leave the house to remove myself from the painting. So what do we do now that we found the creepy picture and the harpsichord?" Dolgrin joi s the others back inside the room.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Go ahead and step out. Might as well know how the painting works. Lichen recommends.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Stopping at Lichens suggestion, Dolgrin approaches the door leading back outside. Proceeding through it, if Vhaezil is still outside, Dolgrin taps him. "You'll be wanting to come take a look, seems there's a magic affecting the inside of this place. Oh yeah found this as well in the bedroom." reaching in his pocket Dolgrin withdraws the pouch of powder and hands it to Vhaezil.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask eyes the painting for awhile as the others test their theory.

Seems the magic in this place has the right idea..

He gives his head a shake and steps away from the painting. Zask walks to the final room in the house and enters.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Outside Vhaezil is putting the finishing touches to his copying of the runes. The diabolist's eyes flit back and forth as he takes in the sheer volume of the runes and sigils.

As Dolgrin appears, the young man pays scant attention to the dwarf, until the smith bids him aid their investigation - citing magicks at work...

He takes the pouch with a passive expression, flatly enquiring about the nature of what it is that will require him to leave his caligraphical endeavours;

"What kind of magicks? Benign? Malevolent?"

Vhaezil pauses to look inside the pouch, his eyes widening as he scrutinises its content;

"How did you come by this Master Shieldarm?"


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"'twas laying about on a bedside table as for the magiks, benign so far but still remains to be seen. A painting graces the wall within, with all of our likenesses upon it. Deaths figure appear within the painting as well."


There is no change in the painting when Dolgrin exits the house.

@Zask: I assume you mean the second door on the right, as there is still the main room at the front of the house.

@Zask: As you leave the room the harpsichord music is heard once more. Opening the door to the room beside it, you find another small bedroom, with a bed and night stand. This one has a more lived in look to it though. There’s a wardrobe, a bedpan, a large pack in the corner, slippers at the foot of a bed with a comfortable-looking bedroll on it, and a footlocker with a book, quill, ink, and sheathed short sword resting on top.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen, still focused on the painting, tries to look behind it and even to take it off the wall, resting it on the floor if successful.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil once again eyes the bag with interest as he packs away his calligraphy materials.

"Most interesting... I must see the interior and this macabre painting."

The diabolist rises and bids the doughty dwarf show him the way;

"Lead on Master Shieldarm. Pray tell has anyone else tampered with this bag or its contents?"


@Lichen: The painting is six feet by four feet, and quite heavy in its frame, but with a little help, it comes off the wall with ease. There is nothing behind it on the wall or on the canvas.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"No, least ways not after we arrived. The purple tinting dinnae look natural so I pocketed it for you to investigate. Thinkin perhaps your studies might lend you some help with it."

Returning back inside the house Dolgrin leads the way back to the mysterious room with the harpsichord and painting.

"Lichen where'd Zask get off to?" The warpriest ask while Lichen attempts to remove the painting, belatedly realizing the wanderer might need help and steps up to lend a hand.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil pockets the bag of powder with a nod, then follows the dwarf into the cabin, and its mysterious room.

As he walks the diabolist casts his baleful gaze o'er the interior - mindful of more glyphs or sigils;

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Off this way Dolgrin, seems someone was a recent inhabitant of this cabin."

Zask takes to looking through the contents of the backpack. He also looks more closely at the sword trying to determine the quality of its make. In the search of the room Zask looks under the mattresses and pillow also checking to see if there may be any obviously loosened floor boards for stashing away something of more value.

He hollers to Vhaezil,

"Some paper quill and ink in here if you need to get some more transcription done."

Zask would also like to see if there is a journal of any type or any record kept of the individual who lived here.

Hollering out once again,

"He left all of his equipment and weapon behind. This person left in a hurry and unarmed. I get a sense of unease here with this music. We should find what we can and move on quickly before we find the same fate."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

its just a painting near as I can tell. Wonder why Vhaezil is not in it.. or is he?


Vhaezil:
you too hear the harpsichord music when you enter the cabin and it stops when you move into the room with the painting. The painting appears much as the other PCs have described it too you: the whole party is present in the painting and you appear within it depicted as you are now.

@Zask: the journal is on the footlocker, you don't need to search for it, but I assume that you are poking about the room, giving it the once over.

@Zask: Inside the wardrobe there are slippers, several layers of leggings, a tunic and a thick wool coat. Inside the pack there is 50’ of silk rope, extra clothes, a pick-axe, cooking pots, 2 weeks rations, a grappling hook, climbing harness, spiked climbing boots, flint & tinder, 4 flasks of lamp oil, 12 candles, and a lantern. Inside the footlocker is a small purse containing 26gp in assorted coinage. The book is the diary and climbing journal of one Norquist Orve. It includes diagrams and maps of the routes he took ascending this mountain (and others). The final entry reads “The trees on this mountain seem almost agonized.” The sword is of solid, but unremarkable make.

There is still the main area of the cabin to investigate, whenever you are ready.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes the painting with interest, noting he is now present in its depiction of the group;

"Alas it would seem I am just another subject for the arcane artist... What is more fascinating is just how this is accomplished? A parlour trick or strong magicks..?"

Arcana (to discern more on the nature of the painting?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


@Vhaezil: You are aware of plenty of illusion magics that can make things appear other than they are. There is nothing about this painting that suggests that illusion magic is at play here. From your observation it appears that your depictions were painted when this painting was originally painted long ago.


In case you're worried, you're not missing something here. The adventure is going to be full of unusual and unsettling things. It's really best if you just roll with it.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Cool - was pouring back over the posts to see if we had indeed missed something...

Vhaezil's baleful gaze narrows as he scrutinises the picture, before presenting his thoughts in his usual flat tone;

"Nothing remarkable about the painting. Which, given its subject matter, is both remarkable and macabre..."

He enquires to the others about the rest of the cabin;

"Anything else of usual quality or circumstance in this modest dwelling?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Seems quite recently inhabited. Lichen notes. There is the music that you can't hear in the painting room. Strange harmonics, that. And the tracks leading away from the cabin from the back door. Looks made in haste. I wonder if they were in our honor.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask stuffs the journal into his own travel bag and collects the 50’ of silk rope a grappling hook, flint & tinder, 4 flasks of lamp oil, 12 candles, and a lantern and the 26gp.

Best leave the rest in case this poor fool returns.

Walking back to his comrades with a little heavier of a bag.

"This fellow left in a hurry. Might as well use his tracks to follow while the trail is fresh and snow doesn't cover it up for us.

Not much else Zask is interested in here, Ready to follow the trail.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil raises an eyebrow at Lichen's words;

"Interesting... You think he might have fled on our approach? The old fool never mentioned other hermits or denizen's of the mountains... but he was addled..."

At Zask's appearance the diabolist looks again to the wildsman;

"Do you think you could follow his trail? He may provide us with some insight missed, or lore of the region..."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

I believe I could. I have some skill in trAcking and I perceive no effort from the one fleeing to hide his tracks.


Just a reminder, there is still the whole front of the house to check. You went in the back door. There is a door and a pass-though window from the kitchen area.

The tracks in the snow are easy to follow and as it turns out, don't go that far. They head back towards the way you came, but swing wide of the cemetery. Maybe a hundred feet from the cabin you come across the frozen body of a man in a nightshirt sprawled out, face down, in the snow. There doesn't appear to be a mark on him.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Sorry for my absense. Work and family really kicked my ass last week...

Rhys give the strange picture a side-long glance as he leaves the room, uncomfortable with just how unsettled the painting made him.

He stomps through the snow , following the tracks with the others, pausing when the body emerges from the whitenss.

"Seems we've found our homesteader..." he says, crouching next to the body and attemting to rolling it over, looking for clues...

Investigation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Best to continue to explore the house before we follow the tracks. Lichen recommends.

Just realized the tracks were to the dead guy. I hate trying to post from my phone. Back to my computer tonight.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil looks distastefully at the corpse;

"Any signs of what death befell him Master Tamm?"

At Lichen's suggestion of returning inside to he nods in agreement;

"Indeed. Any further insight into this place and the locale we may glean could prove key betwixt a worthwhile life and well... dying alone in one's nightshirt..."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Let me look him over. Lichen goes to the body and examines it.

Medicine: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin shakes his head at the impetuousness of youth, ask Zask runs out of the house before even finishing its search.

Nothing here adds up, phantom music, odd paintings and who knows what else, oh yeah, the purple dust I gave Vhaezil

Continuing his search as one who plans to live hundreds of years and not scores, Dolgrin moves to the pass through to investigate what is seen on the other side.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Outside:

The body doesn't show any marks on it. As far as you can tell, the man died from exposure.

Inside:

Dolgrin makes his way from the kitchen into the main room of the cabin. This room is full of mundane furniture covered in dust. A desk with a chair rests against the wall leading to the kitchen and two other chairs sit in a corner beside the front door. All the chairs are facing Dolgrin. A great book as thick as a torso lies closed on the desk.

Opposite the kitchen is a fireplace with a mounted stag's head above it. On the floor in front of the fireplace is trapdoor with a padlock.

A mirror with an ugly wrought iron frame hangs on one wall, while a cabinet-sized water clock carved in a vaguely cathedral-like shape stands against the other.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Strange events afoot here."

Zask briefly looks around,

"Won't be able to give this fellow a burial with this frozen ground. "

The halfling turns and makes his way back into the house to see what Dolgrin is up to, along the way he pulls out the journal and studies it.

Zask taking 20 to study the journal to see if there might be anything indicative of what we are seeking.

Upon finding Dolrig, Zask looks to the massive book,

"Now thats a book Vhaezil ought to read!"

Zask continues to flip through the journal.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil infernal eyes flare as his attention is draw to the massive tome.

At Zask's comment he replies dryly:

"Indeed. Your acumen is ever sharp Master Quickhand..."

The hell-bound scrivener approaches the book and reverently examines its cover and bindings...


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin leaves Vhaezil to inspect the tome thinking perhaps this is the one the crazy hermit spoke about. Taking his time he moves over and inspects the fireplace and trap door


GM Fanguar wrote:


@Zask: The book is the diary and climbing journal of one Norquist Orve. It includes diagrams and maps of the routes he took ascending this mountain (and others). The final entry reads “The trees on this mountain seem almost agonized.”

@Zask: See above. If you want to read the whole thing, it will take 3 hours

Vhaezil:

The book is bound in cracked, but very fine leather. You expert eye sees that this leather was made from humanoid skin, though it will take more technical analysis to determine the exact race. Its fittings are of tarnished brass and with your devil sight, you see that the cover reads “That Which Was Given” in the most ancient and demotic form of the language of Duvan’Ku.

Page after page of names is contained within. There must be millions of them.

The handwriting and ink vary from page to page, and document millennia worth of sacrifices, with dates written in dozens different calendars. The book has not been in continuous use, as examination of the entries reveals many time gaps, some centuries long.

The names at the beginning of the book are not even recognizable as names—some entries record nearly unpronounceable combinations like Tch’Nkgatl phonetically in the tongue of Duvan’Ku and some use the cuneiforms and pictographs. The latest used pages (there are dozens of unused pages at the back) have familiar-sounding names in the common tongue and alphabet. The last few hundred have a red fingerprint next to them. You recognize one of the oldest of the marked names, "Marybelle Walker', as being on the grave marker that the old coot was working on.

The book contains a huge amount of information and is effectively priceless.

@Dolgrin:The fireplace hasn't been used in a very long time, but seems functional. The trapdoor is sturdy and tightly secured, but otherwise seems normal.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Interesting clock, cottage and entire place? The snow covers the ground outside yet whoever stayed here before didn't bother to use the fireplace. More questions here than answers, finding anything useful within the tome Vhaezil? I have a key for the trapdoor." Dolgrin states holding up his hammer.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil scans the book hungrily, then after a short period closes its cover;

"Useful? I am not sure... It will take an extended period to dissect the knowledge within... The vast content seems to be names... The last relate to those that the old fool had buried."

The diabolist mulls this final statement, a frown marring his angelic features;

"I wonder if the old madman is less a grave tender and more a facilitator of their passing... As his telling he just happened upon the content and continued its tradition. I have my doubts now on such ease of fate..."

He caresses the book with almost a reverence;

"Regardless it is priceless to an intellectual such as I, and as such we must take it with us..."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Hmmm, Vhaezil, what are the last names included within the tome. especially should you think the old man is the one adding the names."

GM, what time of the day is it now?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil absent-mindedly answers;

"One Marybelle Walker. It the same name that the old loon was etching onto a marker..."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Hmmm, guess that's fine after the painting I was almost sure it would be ours" Dolgrin replies quietly.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil mulls the dwarf's fell notion with a look of bemused conjecture;

"Indeed... An interesting hypothesis Master Shieldarm. Somewhat a drake and egg situation... Does the book record those lost, or does it list the next victim..? Not to mention its potential connection to the painting..."

The hell-bound scrivener arches an eyebrow as he considers another option;

"I wonder... What would occur if a name was added to the book of one still living?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Don't you dare try to Death Note us here.

Zask pages through the journal quickly,

"Vhaezil, check to see if a.. uhh.. Norquist Orve is in the book. He was the fellow outside that met the chilly fate. OR.. should we add his name? Maybe not, perhaps the book requires some form of servitude."

Zask flips the lock on the ground with his quarterstaff.

"Not sure about you folk.. But I am ever so curious as to what might be waiting under that hatch. Dolgrin, the key would you?"

He stows the journal back into his backpack and steps back.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@Zask: Lol... I will try and resist.

Vhaezil nods approvingly at the monk's logic, scanning the latter pages for any reference of Norquist Orve;

"Adding the name of one deceased would be an interesting and logical experiment..."

He continues to scan as attention turns to the trapdoor...

Let's hope that trapdoor's not The Fruit Cellar...

1,201 to 1,250 of 1,619 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.