GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


51 to 100 of 1,619 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

When the elf ignores him and call out to the dragonborn in what his thinks is Draconic, a side of his mouth turns down and he thinks, Typical Seelie court type...

Rhys raises his other eyebrow at holy warrior's curt reply, chuckling to himself as he follows the tracker outside.

He looks to the sky and suggests, "We might want to wait for morning, night approaches. Unless you can track in the dark?"


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Rain may cause a problem if we wait too long. I am planning to head out to the scene at the barn and see what I can as to a direction before nightfall. I can sleep in the barn, and so can the others who wish to join me. Or, ya can stay in the inn and join us at the crack of dawn to further pick up the trail, if possible.

Please use my rolls above for initial recon.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys nods , accepting the older mans wisdom on the matter, offering his hand, "Rhys Tamm."

He does the same for any of the others that come along.

As they walk to the barn, Rhys take the time to dredge his memory for any similar occurances to this in this area.

History: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Not interested in entering the church, Lichen waits outside but looks in on the happenings and listens as best he can. He considers entering and trying to help the man, but realizes his very limited magic might be needed to save the girl so he does not. As some men agree to go after the girl he calls out We must not wait until morning. The goblins may eat their captive. Let those of us with the will to do so be off now to find this girl. time is wasting.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

As the team begins to discuss going after the girl.

"I too will depart immediately. Every minute that goes by with her in their hands only increases the danger to her life. And, I would let no child experience the horror that must be involved any longer than they have to".


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil quietly listens to the discussion, then becomes aware of Rhys offering him a handshake.

The diabolist reciprocates with a gloved hand as he eyes the lanky newcomer;

"I once read that some cultures believe a handshake is a way for the wicked to channel their negative energy to others..."

Vhaezil smiles coldly as he keeps his grip;

"Likely superstitious circumspect of course... I am named Vhaezil."

As the huge healer echoes Lichen's call for urgency, the cassocked youth breaks his handshake to offer a counter-point in his flat tone;

"Hunt the Coboli at night? Save for the eyes of our dryadalis friend there. (gestures toward Erlmander) we would be lumbering beacons for their arrows..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Noting the addition of the human and his equipment and the conversation between Vhaezil and the new man. Zask impatiently adds:

"An assassin afraid of the dark, and the cultist afraid of those who dwell within. Cole I agree with you and the scaled one, we must move at once lest we only have a body to return to these people."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

At Zask's words Vhaelzil turns his cold gaze toward the halfling;

"Afraid? Do not mistake caution for fear little one."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Enjoying the dialogue! Figured a little character tension would be a bit fitting considering the diversity of the group.

Meeting the cold gaze of the youth,

"Your gaze has no effect on me child, I can see the nature of your aura..." Zask considers Vhaezil more closely."...it burns." Continuing with a serious tone, "Our conflict seems trivial to the task at hand. Join and perhaps we will have an opportunity to measure each other's worth in the coming night."


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

The quick back and forth of the humans and the decisions made in such short order leave Erlmander's head spinning.

"Umm..errr, yes? I am Erlmander, minion of the Seelie Court and her Highness, Queen...umm..are you planning to leave right now? I have hardly greeting any of you in the proper fashion..."

He thinks for a few moments then nods his head as if agreeing to something.

"I understand the need for decisive action and I will join you all, and the ceremony of greeting can wait!"

The Eladrin warrior stands with his bow ready to move out.


@Rhys: While goblin raids aren't unheard of, they are far from a common occurrence in this area. Encounters with goblinoids are more common in the north and towards the eastern mountains.

In the church...

Joshua seems a little concerned at your talk. "Really gentlemen, while I applaud your intentions, nobody here wants your blood on their hands." Seeing that no simple talk would dissuade you, he eventually gives you the directions to the farm. After returning to the inn to collect your gear you head out.

On the road...

About twenty minutes outside of town, the weather takes a turn for the worse and a steady rain begins to fall. Visibility is substantially reduced.

At the farm...

It is dark by the time you reach the little farm. Each of you wet, cold and caked in mud to the knees. Out from the darkness comes a few despondent bleats from forlorn sheep. A faint smell of smoke is still on the air. All around you is the darkness and the rain.

Group Investigation:

DC13 Disadvantage:
Cole: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Cole: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Erlmander: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Erlmander: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Vhaezil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Vhaezil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Lichen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Lichen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Rhys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Rhys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Zask: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12 Zask: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Cole: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Cole: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Erlmander: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Erlmander: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Vhaezil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Vhaezil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6 Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Lichen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Lichen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Rhys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 Rhys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Zask: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2 Zask: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

Cole: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Cole: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Erlmander: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 Erlmander: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Vhaezil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 Vhaezil: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11 Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Lichen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Lichen: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Rhys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 Rhys: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Zask: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 Zask: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

With little information to go on, or even an idea of the general layout of the area, you fan out and start to look for signs of the attack. The darkness and rain make this an incredibly difficult task, but eventually, you start to find signs of the attack, a few arrows here, a muddy footprint there. 3 hours after starting, Rhys gives a shout. In a muddy patch in the middle of a grassy pasture, there's a trampled bonnet and several footprints. Using this as a starting point, Cole is able to pick up a trail, that heads out further into the darkness away from the farmhouse.

If you don't have darkvision or a magical source of light, mark off 3 torches.

You have the trail, what will you do with it? Camp or try to follow it?


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

It may be best to follow it for a bit, then circle back and sleep on the barn.

@GM Fanguar: Generallly, are we rolling our skill checks or are you? Cole is a +4 to Survival snd Perception.


Cole Hillman wrote:

It may be best to follow it for a bit, then circle back and sleep on the barn.

@GM Fanguar: Generallly, are we rolling our skill checks or are you? Cole is a +4 to Survival snd Perception.

Generally, I'll have you roll them, and you are more then welcome to roll them preemptively, just like you did for your initial survival rolls. For things like initiative or group checks, I'll just do the rolls, since it speeds things up for PBP.

For tracking, I'm going to use Survival. One check per hour. Current conditions would give you disadvantage on those rolls.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

--- Back in the town ---
Rhys allows Vhaelzil the opportunity to attempt to unsettle him, but merely gazes back at the Diablolist with equanimity.

Finally released from Vhaelzil's 'instruction', Rhys nods his acknowledgement of the exchange of pleasantries.

He turns to the diminuitive Zask, an eyebrow and corner of mouth upturned in amusement, "You judge harshly for having just met me...for I know not what of my appearance would give that impression of that most terrible of professions, " he says softly, meeting the halfings gaze levelly, then taps his chin, "Oh, but that's just what an assassin would say..." he exclaims, then laughs and follows Cole, not giving the halfling another thought...for the moment.

---- at the Barn ----

Having lit his lantern to aid in the search, Rhys is heartened to find evidence of the girl's capture, nodding at Cole's wise words, blinking away the rain dripping into his eyes, "Indeed, getting the general direction, but not overextending ourselves. "


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole will move out on the trail with those who would follow he and Rhys.

If the human girl's trail is part of what I am following, then thatat is done with Advantage due to favored enemy.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Survival Adv or Disadv: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Cole sticks on the trail for approximately an hour, marks their locarion with a trap, then returns to the barn.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen is just as wet and muddy as anyone else, but somehow the condition does not bother him. He conjures a fire into his open hand that illuminates like a torch and if the fire burns him he does not let it show. The flame flickers and threatens to go out like any torch about every 10 minutes but when it does this he simply reconjures it anew. Good work Cole. he compliments when the ranger finds the trial. But when there is talk of waiting until morning to follow it he says No. We must push on and try to follow it until we loose the train or until we find the girl. What if she was your daughter? He begins to follow the trail.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Entering the barn and tossing aside a sodden torch, "Well done Cole and present company." Zask shakes off his feet trying in some feeble attempt to clear them of the mud, "It seems we have a direction at least. I noticed the other man head off down the trail. Do we wait until dawn or head off now Cole?"

Zask turns to Rhys before heading off to attempt to dry himself "I'm sorry for the shortness earlier friend, I meant only to try and motivate those to hasten the search this night."

If Vhaezil joined in the search and is in present company

Zask looks to the man, weighed down by his sopping robes "For such soft features it seems you are no stranger to harsh environments. Thank you for your help this night."


@Lichen: Tracking under these conditions is at a disadvantage, so 2d20, take the lowest.

@All:Are you carrying on, or staying in for the night? Lichen is for going on, Rhys and Cole are in the have a long rest camp. Majority rules. If you are carrying on, make DC15 CON save or gain 1 step of exhaustion. (This happen regardless, but doesn't matter, if you are taking a long rest.)


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask chooses to rely on Cole's judgement. If Cole decides to take a rest so will Zask. Same if he decides to continue on.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

You lot have been busy! lol. @Zask - Aye the banter is great and far more "realistic" given the disparate nature of the group.

Bereft of any light source of his own Vhaezil stays close to those with torches or lanterns.

He watches the work of those verse in wilderness craft with a stoic interest; measuring their qualities as the group traverse the wilds.

At Zask's address the young man eyes the halfling with a cold indifference;

"Indeed. Much harsher than this..."

He too watches Cole keenly for the ranger's judgement on if they push on, or return to rest...

As he stands the warlock continues his conversation with Zask;

"I too commend you on keeping up with stumbling longshanks. Perhaps you will be able to walk with me step-by-step on this journey after all..."

Also holding for Cole's judgement


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Come, friend Lichen, we'll be better suited to find them tomorrow. I get you wantin' to push on to save her, but we are bound to lose ourselves and the quarry if we push on.

Cole returns to the barn with those others that join him for a dry respite. He is up at the crack of dawn to pick up the trail, though.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl shakes his head in disgust, spits on the ground, and follows Lichen into the woods.

I know that mechanically this is a disastrous choice, but you can't throw a goblin kidnapped little girl at a paladin and expect any different.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Being able to see perfectly well in the gloom, Erlmander joins the others heading out to rescue the girl.
Perhaps this might help me bond with these humans...they seem rather standoffish..


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

@Erlmander

"Thanks for your help. I cringe at the thoughts of what that little girl is experiencing... if she still lives. I would know one way or the other before I rest".

"I a sorry if I was short with you earlier in the tavern. My kind is being systematically hunted down in the kingdom... for what purpose I do not know, so I do everything I can to keep my identity hidden, including the use of my native tongue. Hearing that language might draw the attention of those I'd prefer not to know".

"My name is Daryl, chosen of Saint Thalvus, the finder. Dang it is so dark here. I'm just stumbling along trying to keep that light Lichen provides".

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 CON Save


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Looks like 3 for and 3 against moving on to search through the night. Who breaks the tie? Unless I am counting wrong?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

4 to 3 for staying in the barn. Rhys, Cole, Zask and Vhaezil choose to stay. Daryl, Lichen and Erl pressed on.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3
GM Fanguar wrote:

@Lichen: Tracking under these conditions is at a disadvantage, so 2d20, take the lowest.

@All:Are you carrying on, or staying in for the night? Lichen is for going on, Rhys and Cole are in the have a long rest camp. Majority rules. If you are carrying on, make DC15 CON save or gain 1 step of exhaustion. (This happen regardless, but doesn't matter, if you are taking a long rest.)

Oh, right. But my skill is actually +6, not +4


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

I assume this is a majority rules situation. I would really prefer NOT to split the party at 1st level.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 So a 20 and a 21. I say its meant to be.

Cole, you are wrong here. This is a rescue mission, not a mission to hunt down the goblins so they do not attack again. I am going. I could use your skill to keep on the track, but I shall go without you if I must. He looks uncomfortable for a moment but gets past it and adds Please Cole. I need you. The little girl needs you. I fear these goblins will eat her this very night. We may already be too late.

To Daryl and Erlmander he shoots a grateful look hands them each a goodberry and says The trail is here.

Goodberry cast the day before: 1d10 ⇒ 4

Note that Lichen will always cast at least one goodberry spell at the day's end around midnight if he has a first level spell slot open. These will last 24 hours.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

This is against my better judgment, Lichen, and I'll not say I told ya so if we are lost in the rain. Just remember, I know it is a rescue mission, but she does no better with us lost indefinitely rather than startin' with light.

He loks to the otbers in the barn.

Regardless of your roll, Lichen, a DC 15 Con save to add exhaustion is no fun, and I do not like our odds.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

I am not sure goblins understand ransom. But also not really sure the eat people in 5e either. In other setting they sure do.

With a nod of thanks Lichen hands Cole one of his two remaining goodberrys and move out along the trail. The berries heal. he says in explanation as he moves.

Hmm. Multiple boards suggest that how many berries are produced is not random but up to me. Spell says up to 10 so I rolled, but I do not want to limit the spell if that is not the intent. Should I roll random or can I have 10?


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

I do not think we should go, and I assumed majority rules, regardless of your awesome Survival rolls. You still need the Con Save. Can good berry overcome exhaustion? I do not think so.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Missed the con save. Its a hard call OOC. IC Lichen would go alone though he would not attack a large encampment of Goblins alone. And no, the goodberries do not fix exhaustion. I suspect he would have lost the trail eventually though. Disadvantage is hard to deal with in a lot of roll.

Con Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

@ Daryl: "I did not know that your people were hunted? This is most upsetting! I will inform the Seelie Court of this as soon as I return. The Queen will want to be informed."

Having seen goodberries before, Erlmander nods his thanks to Lichen.

Con Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

So, Rhys, Cole, Rask and Vaezhil are bedding down, and we are splitting the party?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Seems to be the case. As much as majority rules it would be very unsatisfying from a narrative for Lichen and Daryl to not press on. I think we have no choice but to let them go and catch up at dawn.


Lichen (and whoever goes with him) follows the trail for an hour and it takes him out of the farm fields and into the woods that butt up against the cleared land, in the woods he looses the trail, spends and hour trying to find it again, finds it and follows it for another hour.

You are in the woods in the rain and the dark, two hours from the farm and three since the time you left. It's currently ~2-3 in the morning.

If you stayed behind...

You start a fire in the farmhouse's fireplace and hang wet clothes to dry. You settle in for the night and plan for tomorrow.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole rests, but does so fitfully, as he is concerned for those certain to lose their way in addition to the girl that was taken. Morning cannot come soon enough.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Damn ye have to be quick on the draw in this game! :)

Vhaezil stands sodden and stoic as the hermit, elf and huge healer press on against conventional wisdom.

"Bono animo viam militarem infernum. Derecta et cadavera virorum..."

Infernal:

"The road to hell is paved with good intent. And lined with the corpses of heroes..."

The diabolist then turns mirthlessly back into the farmhouse and after settling in, sits by the fire eying those whose company he now keeps;

"Anything to eat? Alas while my infernal patron bestowed fell capacity upon me, they did not grant me bread nor wine..."


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole absent-mindedly reaches into his psck and doles out some rations to Vhaezil.

Have at it. My huntin' will feed us on the road.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Before settling into his meditative pose Zask opens an eye and offers Cole,

"Do not stress too much this night friend Cole it would do the town folk no good to have us in need of rescuing as well. I hope we find the rest of our companions in good health in the morning and not in need of rescuing themselves."

As Zask settles his breathing and finds his center an onlooker might have to look twice as the markings visible on his skin seem to move if you look to long. A quick blink and a shake of the head would reveal that they were in fact stationary.. or moving... you can' t be sure.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen, tired and struggling to stay on the trail, hopes against hope that the goblins may also tire and bed down not far from here.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil takes a portion with a nod of thanks.

He chews slowly on some jerky, then poses a droll thought to the others - despite their slumbering and meditative forms:

"So our erstwhile comrades... Do we bury them by noon, or are we the slothful sinners and they the brave saints?"

By Bahomet's hairy balls! Ninja'd again! lol


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Before settling in to rest for the night Zask acknowledges Vhaezil,
"Well let us hope tomorrow brings us dawn before any death young acolyte."


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

If we still have the trail...

"Come friends we must push on".


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys watches the stubborn but good-hearted members of their band disappear into the darkness, Lichen's faint globe of light fading from view.

He retreats back into the relative warmth of the barn, hanging his sodden clothes so they might dry some.

At Zask's apology, he motions with his hand, "'Tis no matter." before he also shares out some of his trail rations.

To Vhaezil he says "Sinner or saint, I prefer a warm place to lay my head. They have a hard road tonite, but that Lichen fellow seemed at home in the Wild....

Getting a pile of hay ready for his rest, he suggests to the others, "Perhaps we should set a watch, in case the goblins return.


As Daryl pointed out, Erhmander has survival, so it's safe to assume that he is aiding Lichen with his checks, so no disadvantage. Each roll is its own check.

Trudging on, Lichen and Erlmander lose the trail again, but manage to find it again after an hour and then manage to follow it again for another hour. It is ~4:30 in the morning and your are ~3hrs from the farm.

The forest ahead opens into a small clearing filled with the remnants of an abandoned camp. A few logs rest around fire pit and you can see a few rough lean-to shelters set among the trees.

Meanwhile, back at the farm...

You're 5 hours into your long rest.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Erlmander will indeed help in the tracking of the goblins.

Erlmander helps the tired Druid up from their latest examination of the tracks. As they enter into the clearing, the vision of the abandoned camp makes the Eladrin sigh and shake his head.

"Are we too late?" he asks the others, leaning on his bow while examining the camp.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"You both seem to be comfortable in the wild. Can you tell how long it has been since this camp was broken"?

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Perception (Disadvantage: Fatigue)

Daryl leans against a tree, and almost stumbles as he wipes his eyes to try and keep them open.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Meanwhile back at the barn

As is usual Vhaezil's sleep is fitful and full of infernal nightmares both past and imagined...

51 to 100 of 1,619 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.