GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,619 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

You have such a way with word V. Lichen states flatly but indicates he too is ready to travel.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

To the cave!


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys looks down at the now shallow remains of his tea, as if trying to divine some guidance from the pattern of leaves stuck to the cup.

The with a shrug, he taps the remains out to the ground and hands the cup back to the loony , old man, "So long, and thanks for the tea."


Whether or not Dolgrin decides to leave Penelope behind..

The party takes their leave of the wild mountain man and return to the mountain trail. A parting, "You're all doooooomed..." follows in your wake and you continue up the steep path.

Hours pass and as you approach the tree line, the thinning forrest becomes increasingly unnatural. Insects—already rare in the cold
mountains—begin to disappear. Eventually there are no shrubs or lichens, no birds or other animals, no signs of any life at all aside from dead trees, still standing, casting warped shadows on the untouched snow. A painful, almost admonishing wind, blows upon you, almost as if it’s trying to warn you, stop you, push you back.

You crunch on through brittle snow and climbing a final ridge, you catch sight of your destination. Before you lies a graveyard composed of hundreds of gravestones, a dozen or so mausoleums and a few rough statues. Mist wafts and pools among the markers. As you cross the last ridge, the wind dies completely, leaving you in silence. At this point Penelope refuses to continue.

The trail winds past a massive dead tree and through the markers. It ends at what appears to be a somewhat shabby cabin.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM Fanguar wrote:

Whether or not Dolgrin decides to leave Penelope behind..

The party takes their leave of the wild mountain man and return to the mountain trail. A parting, "You're all doooooomed..." follows in your wake and you continue up the steep path.

My favorite NPC to date. :)


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

It is with apprehension Dolgrin leaves Penelope behind but where they were to tread he knew she'd not be willing to go.

"Zeke, take care of Penelope I'll be back to claim her again. In the meantime she has a fair love for carrots."

Packing his gear once more Dolgrin set out with the others. "Strange place for a cemetery unless history laid claim to a city that once graced these hills. Scribe what say you, is this what we came seeking.?"


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As the mad old coot's warning rings in their ears Vhaezil sneers;

"We are all doomed... though not by this route. Perhaps the old hermit was wiser than I gave him credence for."

When the cabin comes into view, the diabolist's baleful gaze burns a little brighter;

"Another cabin. Wonderful. We can only hope it is long abandoned, as my patience for the company of stinking old loons is wearing parchment thin."

At Dolgrin's question he shrugs;

"i cannot say for sure Master Shieldarm. It bears the foreboding countenance of the place we seek, but I would need to investigate closer to be sure... Shall we Gentlemen?"

The infernal scribe moves carefully forward...


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask hugs his travelling cloak near to him as they approach,

"We can only hope this is long since abandoned..."

Zask will also cautiosly move up with Vhaezil, Looking for any traps on the cabin door before stepping in.

Investigation: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Perhaps there was once a caretaker? Lichen ponders aloud.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Joining the others as they moved forward Dolgrin studies the landscape surrounding them in addition to the 'abandoned' cabin. Rolling his head around on his shoulders an audible crack is heard. A grin is seen as he readies shield and war hammer. "Doesn't hurt to be ready"


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys shakes his wind-touselled hair, "At least the wind has stopped. " he comments, pulling out his journal and rendering a quick sketch of the mountaintop graveyard.

he then hurries to catch up with Vhaezil and Zask, his eyes peeled for the strange and unusual...

Investigation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


1 person marked this as a favorite.

As you move along the path, you start to hear a faint sound just at the edge of hearing. By the time you reach the edge of the cemetery, you can hear it clearly, though it remains just barely audible. It sounds somewhere between the sound of fingernails on a chalk board and the squeaking of a rusty hinge.

Up close, you can see that the grave markers all bear the unmistakable low quality of Zeke's craftsmanship. Whatever else he might be, that old coot has a solid work ethic, as the forest of markers represents decades of work. You do notice that all the markers, though having the look of wood, are solid stone.

A few trees still stand in and around the graveyard, although all are long dead. The massive tree marking the edge of the graveyard is the largest of them, and stands as a mocking caricature of the life that a normal tree would represent. It too has become petrified and a frayed rope hangs from one of its thick limbs.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Curiosity runs over Zask as they approach the cemetery. He attempts to follow the sound to its source,

Where dat sound?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

"No wonder it has taken that fool years to finish his work, he has been carving stone..."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Zask, wasn't the stuff back in his camp, made of wood? And I'm sure that tree wasn't stone before."

survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Can Dolgrin think of anything that creates stone?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes the huge tree and its rope adornment with interest;

"I wonder if that it was once a hanging tree... Perhaps our mad friend tried unsuccessfully to end his own days or still plans to? Alas conviction to duty saw him fit to live out his life in hellish toil... A warning to us all mayhaps?"

As Dolgrin moots the possibility of magicks being the cause of the petrification, the infernal scribe mulls the same;

"An interesting conjecture Master Shieldarm... What indeed..?"

Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

It seems unnatural, all this wood converted to stone. Nature commits such transformations but it take millenia and must be under the ground. Lets check out the building quickly. Lichen adds in a worried tone.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask laughs aloud at his failure to connect the dots,

"Might be that you're just right about that Dolgrin. My aptitude is in strength, not so much the arcane it would seem."

His laugh continues a bit as he taps a sculpture with his worn quarterstaff in passing.


@Zask: The sound is barely audible and it is deficult to pin point where it is coming from. Tracking it down is going to require fanning out and searching the area. Doable, but time consuming and requires leaving the well marked path...

@Dolgrin and Vhaezil: There are certain magics and monsters that have the ability to turn other creatures into stone. As for turning objects into stone, you can't think of any off of the top of your heads. This is a decidedly unnatural phenomenon, which fits nicely with the alltogether unnatural feel of the cemetery.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil surveys the garden of stone with an impassive acceptance;

"Indeed this is unnatural Master Lichen. However we seek an ancient temple of the fell Duvan'Ku. I would expect little else..."

Nodding toward the stone tree;

"There are creatures capable of petrification, frustratingly their nature and classification escape me at present... We should ware lest something is responsible for this landscape."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask continues to make his way down the path towards the cabin to investigate further, he is curious if this cabin is occupied or long since abandoned,

Investigation: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

Zask just heads towards the cabin to take a look


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen follows closely behind the monk.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin takes up rear guard allowing Zask and Lichen to take the lead, shield and hammer at the ready.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The petrified cabin is shabby and bizarre. The roof seems to sag beneath the weight of snow and dead centuries and the walls are scrawled with neurotically minute calligraphic writing in some strange language. Your eyes have difficulty focusing on the alien script and its spiraling whorls are disorienting to follow. A simple, bolt-less door is shut against the elements.

Off to the side of the cabin is a plain stone well. The wood of its windlass, too, has petrified, but it appears fairly normal at first glance.

Vhaezil (Eyes of the Rune Keeper):
Your devil sight lets you comprehend the alien tongue. It is mostly boasts and warnings, but some arguably useful information can be found hidden amid dark inanities like “Look Upon The Seven Faces of Immensity Look Upon The Breaker of All Things” and “This Is The Fifth Octacle, This Is The Greater Servitude”

There are (long defaced) mystical protection runes indicating the cabin was once defended like a fortress. As well as runes referencing a “bound and conquered god”, there are also names that come up a lot: The Twin Inquisitors Eizethrat Nexx and Gorgulos Nexx, Vorgen Pox, Nazir An-Azat, Exalted Interrogator Aetheldredd Aleph, Aervik Narn and Praetor-Pontifex Cyris Carnithrax Maximus—all claimed to be “Resting in splendor”, “Gracing this place with death and that which they liberated from life” and other euphemisms for “buried here with a lot of stuff ” in “crypts beyond the black tunnel”.

There is also what appears to be an (incomplete) formula for trapping and channeling the energies of tortured and obedient souls in some kind of liquid.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil surveys the glyphs and calligraphy with a feverish interest burning in his hell-gifted gaze;

"Grotesquely fascinating. Truly a find beyond expectations. Resting in Splendour indeed..."

As he scrutinizes, muttering excitedly to himself, the young diabolist displays more passion and urgency than ever demonstrated previously.

"So much to digest... I must copy these... Yes. Take time to study the clues and secrets they contain..."

He pauses, collecting himself and the smile fades from his angelic, soft features;

"The portents are positive gentlemen. There is reference to a tunnel and crypts beyond. Names, fell deeds and fouler warnings abound. I will need time and focus to record what we have found here..."

As he talks the infernal sage retrieves parchment, ink and pen from his pack.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

You can read those scrawls? Lichen asks in disbelief and worry.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil continues to prepare his calligraphic items as he acknowledges Lichen's question;

"A boon of my bondage. My eyes see things beyond the ken of mortals... discern that which should not be understood. All writings yield their secrets to me now..."

He pauses, allowing a tinge of regret to creep into his soft, flat voice;

"A pity I had not this gift when I was a mere scrivener at the Great Library. The knowledge I could have learned... from tongues even the elders required magicks or years of study to decipher..."

The infernal sage smiles arrogantly to himself;

"Yet here I am, the mere neophyte, while they and their coveted wisdom are but ash, dust and a footnote in history..."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Unsure if we have been inside the cabin yet or if the writing is all outside.

While you read, I shall make a thorough search of the area. Lichen offers and begins.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask takes no mind of the scribes interest in the runes instead he wanders over to the well, curious if there is still water in the bottom and any mechanism still working that could retrieve the water.

Zask is looking for and way down into the well, or signs that it may be an entrance to some underground passage. He is no expert but logic would dictate a well on the top of a mountain may have flowing water in it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin arches a singular eyebrow as Vhaezil, seems to read much beyond what he can decipher upon the walls. "'Ware in your thirst for knowledge, ye don't drink too deeply. T'would hate for you to turn out like Ole Zeke, torn betwixt this world and the unseen landscape of a mind's eye only he can see."

Dolgrin will keep watch as Vhaezil studies the walls, hoping the study doesn't draw attention best left unawares.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 <sigh>

eventually growing bored and moving to see what luck Zask has at the well.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil casts a baleful look toward Dolgrin;

"I appreciate the concern Master Shieldarm, however while my soul resides in the custody of others, rest assured my intellect is, and shall remain, my own."

After laying out his ink, parchment and pen in readiness he nods to the others;

"Leaving me to focus on my task would be prudent gentlemen, this is precision work that takes time and unparalleled accuracy."


@Lichen: still outside. The outer surface is completely covered in writting.

A quick walk around the cabin turns up a closed rear door. A set of footprints in the old snow leads away from it.

From the well's windlass hangs a hemp rope. Winding it up brings a petrified wooden bucket full of fresh, clear water. The well is dark and you can't see far into it, but there is no more than a dozen feet of rope connected to the bucket.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask pokes at the footprints in the old snow as the crew takes a look around.

"Vhaezil, how long do you require to transcribe? If only your memory was as keen as your eyesight! Do we camp the night here and pursue these tracks in the morning? Or do we set out?"

What time is it?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil pauses from his scribblings momentarily to cast a baleful stare at the halfling monk;

"Quite. I will bear it in mind should I be proffered with further boons... Now if you are finished querying me I will continue with my work... for as long as is required."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask dismisses the Scribe,

"So be it, let me find some rest from this weather at least while you do your work."

Zask walks to the cabin door and pokes it open with his quarterstaff.

"Helloooooo?"

If there is no apparent danger Zask will make his way inside.

"Better to be miserable and warm, than miserable and cold."

He yells back to his friends.


@Zask: No stipulated exactly when they wanted to arrive, but I assume that you would have taken heed of Zeke's warning and come around midday.

@Zask: It is a single set of footprints clearing leading away from the rear door at a run.

@Zask: Which door are you trying enter, front or back?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Rear door. The one with footprints.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Can Dolgrin tell if someone ran from here recently?

Dolgrin takes time to study the footprints that appear to be running from the shack. "Wonder what they were running from?" Eyeing the door that the steps come from, Dolgrin checks the door to see if it is locked.

opening it, if it is unlocked.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen also considers the footprints before stating No Zask, we should not even consider sleeping here. My hope is that we can investigate and be well gone from this place before sun nears the western horizon.

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys walks around the hut , amazed at the runes and such written there. He even ventures inside, taking care not to disturb Vhaezil, stopping to make a sketch before going back outside.

He joins Zask in investigating the cabin, standing close as the little man attempts the door...


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@GMF: How long does Vhaezil estimate it would take to accurately copy/record the sigils and writings upon the wall.


@Whomever looks at the foot prints: They are bipedal footprints heading away from the backdoor through the snow, heading away from the cabin you can follow them if you want.

@Rhys: Vhaezil is studying the outside of the cabin.

@Vhaezil: if you are being through in your documentation hours/days. A brief survey that results in the information I provided in the spoiler. Like 20 minutes. It's pretty repetitious.

The rear door in unlocked and opens easily. Zask steps across the threshold. The rear door opens on a short hallway coming off of kitchen/pantry. Two closed doors are in the wall to your left and another on the right-hand side. A pass-through window has been cut in the wall linking the pantry to what must be the main entry. Another closed door sits in the wall connecting the kitchen to room beyond.

As soon as he crosses the threshold, Zask begins to hear the soft plinking of harpsichord music coming from beyond the first door on left.

4 other rooms. Main entryway and three smaller rooms off of the kitchen area.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Curious..

Zask thinks to himself,

Must have taken quite the effort to get that instrument up here...

Zask walks toward the room he hears the music coming from and opens the door.

I hope this is what Zask hears, and I hope we are also entering a Castlevania Campaign.. The music!!


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"We're checking inside Vhaezil, something left here at a run. Keep those eyes in the back of your head open as well."

Following Zask across the threshold into the house. Hearing the sounds coming from the left does not deter the priest from looking back to the right. "Well we know something is that way, I'll check here before we go that way."

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
if nothing untoward noticed
Reaching over he'll open the doorway to the right.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Harpsichord music. That is never good. Lichen notes as he falls in behind the monk.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@Zask: Castlevania lol

@GMF: No worries. 20 mins of quick recording of pertinent facts, info and sigils it is.

GMF:

Paying particular attention the incomplete formula - might be useful for down the line as info for my infernal patron

Vhaezil gives Dolgrin a curt nod in agreement, then pauses adding a caveat;

"Again I would request maintaining a quiet and even decorum whilst you investigate the cabin. Highly skilled work such as this requires meticulous attention to detail, attention that can ill afford to be distracted."


For some reason, I mixed up my lefts and rights. Two doors on the right, one on the left. Harpsichord coming from first door on right. Dolgrin opens the door on the left.

@Zask/all: Absolutely what you hear, the music only becomes apparent when you enter the cabin

You open the door, revealing a simple bedroom with a bed, an empty foot locker and a nightstand. On the nightstand is a candle and a small velvet bag. Inside the bag is a fine purple powder.

@Vhaezil:
You recognize it as Purple Lotus Powder a nigh legendary substance said to be able to transform someone into a god or annihilate them in the space between seconds. Taking a sniff of the powder results in random magical outcomes that may be a boon or a bane to the user. It's said to originate in the Feywild and is highly addictive to those of non-elven heritage."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask went through the door on the right to investigate the music GMF.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@GMF: Not sure I'm with the group - my take is they are investigating inside while I scribble outside? Guys if you are delaying until Vhaezil is with you I'll tailor my next post to the spoiler. If not they I'll delay until if/when its brought to his attention.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Checking the room, Dolgrin spots the pouch and closing it, pockets it for Vhaezil or Lichen to check out. Leaving the small room Dolgrin continues across to where he spots Zask entering the other room where the music comes from.

Impetuous youth always wanting to meet the next challenge head on


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Zask: Sorry, missed that the pair of you were looking at different rooms.

@Vhaezil: That makes sense chronologically. The info will keep until you have the chance to look at it in game.

@Zask: You open the door onto a small sitting room. There is a chair, a bench at a harpsichord, and a six foot wide, four foot tall painting on the wall. The harpsichord is not playing and the sound of the music stops. The medieval style painting depicts Zask, Rhys, Lichen and Dolgrin standing before an altar with a tall grey skeleton looming above it and an open door leading into a dark tunnel behind the skeleton. You are all painted as you now are, but Zask is depicted sipping from a goblet as a light shines down from above and Dolgrin is shown holding a handful of fist-sized glass spheres, filled with a clear liquid.

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,619 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.