GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


151 to 200 of 1,619 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil plods on, in the wake of the pathfinding ranger who leads them.

Wearing his familiar stoic expression, the warlock mulls the journey thus far and the qualities of those around him;

When I speak in words unholy, none of them react. Infernal is an unknown tongue to them... It is profitable to know such things.

A faint smile flickers across his handsome face, then it is gone; fleeting and somewhat out of place.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

"Fine then, lets us keep watch on the foul beasts until we have determined if they have the girl or not. I can stand first watch if you two wish to rest a little back from this place."


Sigh...boards ate my post and then died.

Over the next while not much happens. The cooking goblin finishes whatever it was doing and moves out of sight. Apparently, there is some entrance into the hill that is outside of your view. After a while, another goblin appears and goes to relieve itself over by a tree in the glade.

About two hours later, a pair of goblins riding wolves pad down the path and approach the hill. They are hailed by the goblin guards and greeted enthusiastically by the other pair of wolves. The goblins dismount and move out of sight. The wolves play for a bit, before they settle down. A short while later, another pair of goblins appear and mount wolves, before loping away along the path.

As of yet there has been no sign of the missing girl.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

I'm assuming nothing eventful has happened to the team catching up. How far out are we?


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

With my tracking, do I notice the girl's footprints and any divergence from the other sets of tracks.


Zask Quickhand wrote:
I'm assuming nothing eventful has happened to the team catching up. How far out are we?

Not as of yet. You don't know

Cole Hillman wrote:
With my tracking, do I notice the girl's footprints and any divergence from the other sets of tracks.

While there had been the occasional sign of the a smaller human's footprints on the path towards the abandoned camp, there is no sign of them on the trail after. You do notice that some of the goblins' footprints are deeper after leaving the camp. The the only divergences you notice are when the other PCs loose the trail. You do notice that you are gaining on the other PCs.

Rear Party Update...

Leaving the abandoned camp, you continue along the path for several hours before it crosses an ancient and overgrown road. The trail turns to follow this new road and so do you. You follow this path for several hours as the sun passes its zenith and begins its long descent to the horizon.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Following along as Cole expertly navigates through the terrain Zask feels a bit guilty of his inability to help,

"Cole how old might these tracks be? Are we any nearer our quarry or perhaps our companions from town? I have not the expert eye as you for finding them but perhaps they have left us some hints as to their direction?"

I believe Lichen said he was marking their path as they went so we could find them easier

Zask keeps his eyes peeled for any herbs that may be useful in crafting a

Foraging: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 2 = 18


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole continues on, but addresses Lichen's question in a voice that all can hear.

I can tell a few things. First, we're gainin' on the gobbies and our new friends who lost the trail many o'times while tracking through the night. More importantly, I've seen no sign of the girl's tracks since we left the abandonned camp and the gobbies tracks have deepened like they're weighed down with somethin'. Can't say fer sure, but maybe the captive was sold and they're weighed with gold? Or, maybe they're carrying her?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil's mulls the ranger's words impassively, before offering his thoughts in his soft, flat voice;

"The Coboli... "gobbies" do not strike me as savvy traders, even if dealing in chattel and thralls."

He casts his dark-circled eyes downward before continuing;

"However if it is gold then we can relieve them of their gilded burden and coerce the location of the childe."


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl is content to wait for the others unless something causes them to act sooner. He takes his rest as he can, and unless there is danger of alerting the Goblin camp, takes his turn watching as well.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

At this point Lichen is content to wait as well. He continues to rest, hoping to undo some of the fatigue that gnaws at him.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Sorry, my answer in the above-post was in response to Zask's comment, not Lichen's.


Waiting is a reasonable course of action.

Rear party...

Cole catches sight of movement up ahead and few heartbeats later, Zask sees it as well. It's hard to tell at this distance, but it appears like a pair of animals is running down the road towards you. The outline is odd, as if something was on their backs, but it's hard to tell at this distance.

Details will resolve as they get closer, but if you act now, you can do something before you are noticed.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole says to everyone.

Take cover, now.

With that, moves quickly into the underbrush while drawing his battleaxe.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil shifts towards the undergrowth with a calm indifference to Cole's growled command;

Dexterity (Stealth): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

He hunkers down and draws his blackened scroll...


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask settles into the underbrush beside his companions, "If these be goblins I'm making a move."

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Zask also readies an attack if these happen to be goblins and will attack the nearest one to him if they pass attempting to dismount it.

Quarterstaff Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Quarterstaff Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Second open palm strike to the nose of goblin

Palm Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Palm Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Rheys Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

The party scrambles into the brambles at the edge of the path. From cover, they listen for the sound of the approaching creatures. Eventually, you hear the soft thuds near and then slow. As you watch, two goblins mounted on wolves pad into view. The wolves slow to a stop and begin snuffling the ground where you left the road. The goblins exchange some words in an unfamiliar language and peer into the woods to either side,

Gobbo Perc: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Gobbo Perc: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

but don't see anything of interest. One dismounts and goes over to the opposite of the road to take a piss.

They are currently unaware of you, if you want to act.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

I would like to use my above action to assault the nearest goblin if it still stands from your perspective GM

Seeing his moment of opportunity Zask quickly moves on the roaming pack; the world moves in a blur as the agile hafling assaults the mounted goblin. "Strike fast, strike true! Echoes a distant voice.

Zask leaps toward the mounted goblin striking first with his weathered quarterstaff.

First attack roll above as my action

His old teachings whisper again, "Finish your opponent!

Second open fist attack as a bonus action ... let me know if you want me to reroll


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

As Zask rushes out of cover to attack, Rhys pauses for a moment to ensure the halfling was sufficiently distracting the goblins, raising his bow an letting fly at the mount-less wolf.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Damage + Sneak Attack if wolf within 5ft of Zask: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (3) = 12

Had my passive perception incorrect on my title line...


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Round 1, Natural Explorer

Cole shakes his head and bursts from cover to attack the other goblin with his Battleaxe.

BA Att: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
BA Att Adv: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
BA Dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Listening in his hidden place Lichen imagines that he hears not too distant combat. Does he really hear that, or is it his imagination?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Zask: I'll use the rolls this time, but in the future, please don't roll for combat until we are in combat.

Initiative rolls:

Cole: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Cole: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Rhys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Zask: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Vhaezil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Goblins: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Wolves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Combat Order
20 Vhaezil
14 Rhys
14 Wolves
13 Cole
9 Zask

You burst from the bushes and fall upon the unsuspecting goblins. Zask stuns one with his staff before crushing its throat with his fist.

Rhys' strike fails to connect, but the other goblin, member in still in hand, manages to do little more than look up before Cole splits its skull with his axe.

Vhaezil has a surprise round and then can go again to start then next round. Rhys can also act and then it's the wolves, if they are still alive.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Surprise Round

Taking his cue from his martial companions Vhaezil also breaks from the undergrowth.

The warlock shifts onto the track and as the goblins are felled, grips his scroll and utters an fell incantation;

"Eldritch summa industria, acri carpere potentiam tuam, et gloriam meam!"

Infernal:

"Energy most eldritch, scour my foes with thine power!"

As the diabolist speaks crimson energy flickers from the burnt edge of the clutched scroll then spirals toward one of the wolves;

Eldritch Blast (Ranged Spell Attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage (Force): 1d10 ⇒ 5

Round 1

(presume the wolf still stands - if not he'll target the remaining wolf)

With scroll still presented Vhaezil sneers out the same words once again - as more fell energy arcs toward the goblin's steed;

"Eldritch summa industria, acri carpere potentiam tuam, et gloriam meam!"

Eldritch Blast (Ranged Spell Attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage (Force): 1d10 ⇒ 4


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys curses under his breath as his first shot goes wide, but refocuses and fires again...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage + Sneak Attack if wolf within 5ft of Zask: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (3) = 10

Should his first attack been with advantage?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Isn't the advantage that our foes can't act in the Surprise Round? Am probably reading (wrongly) between lines...


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

5e allows for a a full round of action against surprised opponents, no longer just one action, and you are correct that we then act again in the first round without them acting provided you initiative was higher in the first full round.


Yup. There isn't "advantage" on attacks, the advantage is that you get to murder them first.

@Vhaezil: I believe that your spell attack bonus is +6, not +8 (+2 for proficiency, +4 from CHA bonus). It doesn't change anything from your attacks, but please fix for the future (assuming I'm not missing something)

Vhaesil's infernal discharge slams into the beast, but the second volley flies wide. The wounded beast snarls, but is soon silenced, as Rhys stabs it in the throat.

The remaining beast turns its attention to the man who felled his rider and attacks Cole:

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Crit: 2d4 + 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + (2, 1) + 2 = 11

The beast flies at the ranger and its jaws clamp on Cole's throat, threatening to drag the man to the ground. @Cole: DC 11 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone

The dice gods are bloodthirsty today. Cole and Zask are up, and then Vhaezil and Rhys.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Man that wolf is nasty! My action after Cole's if the beast still stands

Seeing that Cole is in mortal danger Zask rushes to his aid and hopes to fell the beast before further damage can be done.

Zask brings his now bloodied quarterstaff down in an arc upon the wolf..

Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

...and quickly follows up with a quick strike in the same spot hoping to fell the beast

Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

I may have missed this earlier but are we doing combat in sort of a "pairs" situation where two people act at the same time? Just looking for clarification as I don't want to act before Cole, or out of turn for that matter.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Round 1, Disengage

Str: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Cole pulls away from the wolf and disengages from combat as he switches to his longbow.


Zask Quickhand wrote:


I may have missed this earlier but are we doing combat in sort of a "pairs" situation where two people act at the same time? Just looking for clarification as I don't want to act before Cole, or out of turn for that matter.

I'm just running down the initiative order. The pairs thing is just a coincidence. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter if Rhys acts before Zask or what have you, but there are situations where it does, as is the case with buffs/debuffs

The blood freezy is upon the wolf! Zask can't find a way to connect with the beast, but his ineffective flailing does provide a distraction allowing Cole to fall back.

Vhaezil and Rhys are up.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Just a note, Rhys is still using his bow :)

Rhys repositions a bit to get a clearer shot at the wolf, then let's another arrow fly...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage, plus Sneak Attack if any of the others are within 5 ft: 1d6 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (5) = 12


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages
GM Fanguar wrote:
@Vhaezil: I believe that your spell attack bonus is +6, not +8 (+2 for proficiency, +4 from CHA bonus). It doesn't change anything from your attacks, but please fix for the future (assuming I'm not missing something)

Check that boss. My bad - now fixed.

Round 2

Vhaezil smirks as his eldritch energies dance across the wolf, but his triumph is short lived as he misses with his second.

As the animal is dispatched, the diabolist eyes the remaining wolf as it savages their pathfinding ranger.

Summoning the fell incantation again he flatly speaks the words as the crimson energy crackles toward the last wolf;

"Eldritch summa industria, acri carpere potentiam tuam, et gloriam meam!"

Eldritch Blast (Ranged Spell Attack vs Remaining Wolf): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage (Force): 1d10 ⇒ 3


Rhys and Vheazil unleash from the sidelines and between arrow and magic, the vicious beast falls to join its packmate in the dust.

I'm off folks, so last post for a while. Feel free to RP the aftermath of the battle, while I'm away.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys steps out of the brambles and advances to Cole, "Are you alright? That wolf had you dead to rights there!"


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil remains stoically standing after the last wolf falls.

He stows his scroll, noting the gloved hand that held it looks singed and more worn...

Interesting. Everything the energy touches pays a toll.

The warlock walks slowly toward where the others gather at Cole;

"Luck of the devil indeed."

Vhaezil nods towards there goblin and wolf corpses lie, and in his flat voice suggests a way forward;

"There are writings read that suggest the dead still hold secrets..."

He smiles coldly and continues his exposition;

"I wonder... Should we open their guts to see if the missing child or our companions spill out?"


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Anyone have some healin' so we can get back on the trail?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Prodding at a downed goblin with his quarterstaff Zask glances towards Vhaezil, "I think we should explore the more obvious clue first." Pointing towards the direction the rider came from, "That might be a start, but first we should hide these bodies."

Before Zask begins to clear the road of the aftermath he takes a look at Cole and inspects his wound,

Medicine: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

"I don't have the ability to heal but had this bite been a fraction deeper it would have been fatal, and it doesn't seem to me that the wolf carried anything fowl in it's bite to further infect. Perhaps we will come upon our Scaled Friend to lend his ability soon."

Zask begins to drag the bodies off the path and cover them.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil shrugs impassively at the dismissal of his notion;

"So be it."

He moves to assist the dragging of the carcasses from the track, but continues to explain his rationale in his flat, soft voice;

"I was reminded of an old folk tale from my childhood: Petros and the Lýkos. It told that greedy wolves would bolt their prey down whole; so if you listened to their bellies you could hear their prey's cries from within..."

The warlock pauses, smiling thinly as he reminisces;

"An old hearth story of course. Yet from acorns of truth these tall tales grow..."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"And my ma' told me I'd grow to be as tall as a human when I grew up." Zask straightens from his work for a moment. "Almost there!"

Eying Cole once more, "We best be on our way before we are telling our young'ins about a brave ranger and a wolf we once knew."


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Fine, let's move, but until I get some healing, I will not be much use in a scrap.

Cole continues to lead the group on the trail.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As they finish dragging the goblin dead off the trail, Vhaezil will check the corpses for any items of value.

Once any looting is completed, the diabolist falls into line;

"Alas. I only have means of healing myself through my patron's benedictions..."


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys stood on the old road watching back the way the goblins had come from , to avoid any surprises.

He winces a bit at the Diabolist's suggestion of digging through the dead goblin's entrails, knowing there were a number of cultures that practiced such things, all of them particularly unsavoury.

As Cole walks up , Rhys falls in beside him, "Hopefully, the dragonling will be able to use his little trick on you when we catch up."


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

I was thinking the same.


I'm back. Let's mosey on.

If you guys want to take a short rest, so Cole can use his HD, go ahead, but I'll assume you aren't as of yet going to do that.

Streaked with his own blood, Cole takes the lead and continues along the trail. After about an hour, you find it veers off onto a well trod side-path. A short while down this path, Cole finds something a little unusual, he sees the human tracks double back on themselves and head off the side of the path.

I'm going to assume you're looking to link up with the rest of the party.

Deciding that there must be some reason for the others to leave the trail, you follow their lead into the brambles. The trail makes a wide circle and you follow it for quite a while. Eventually, through the foliage ahead you see the shapes of Lichen, Daryl and Erlmander.

@Daryl, Lichen and Erlmander:

You watch for about another 3 hours (you need a couple more hours for a full rest). Not much happens. There is a changing of the goblin guards and periodically one or another comes out to relieve itself, or make some food. There are never more than 4 goblins outside at a time. One thing of note that does occur is that about an hour after the wolf-riders leave, a goblinoid, twice the size of a common goblin steps out to talk to the guards. He takes a long, slow look around the treeline before heading back inside. (Erlmander recognizes it as a bugbear)

Eventually, you hear the soft crunch of movement in the trees anear your position. You ready yourselves, but soon catch sight of the others approaching.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@GM-F: Welcome back chief. Presume there was naught of value on the dead wolves or gobs?


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Erlmander rises from their hiding place and slowly walks towards the others, In a quiet voice he brings them up to date as to what they have found and what has been going on for the last few hours.

How long have we been resting? As an elf, Erlmander needs only 4 hours of rest to benefit from a full 8 hours, so his 1 level of exhaustion might now be gone.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

I think we have the numbers to assault the camp now, but I need to rest or get some healing, first, or I will be of little use.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl lurches to his feet and looks at Cole's wound. "Aye. That's a nasty scratch. How did you come by that? Keep your voices down... we're keeping an eye on the Gob camp, but haven't seen hide nor hair of the girl yet".

Daryl gestures towards their temporary camp.

"I've got the ability to help a bit, but you might be better off to take a rest, and let's plan our attack. We're all tired, so finding out more about our best tactics might be wise".

Daryl has only a total of 5 HP of healing every day at this level, and he's already used one since he's last rested. Since we're so limited in healing, I would suggest we use this as a last resort... you know to keep people from dying, or get them back in the battle if down.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys peers out at the goblin camp as Erlmander recounts the other's experiences, "Bugbears, you say? Tough. And no sign of the girl?" he comments,then moves back to discuss the attack plans.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"Wait! I almost forgot". Daryl digs into the pouch hanging at his waist.

"Take this. I believe that Lichen said that it would help a bit. And if I remember right, he gave you one as well".

Daryl hands his wrinkled goodberry to the man.

I don't believe it's been 24 hours since we split up, so they should still be good. BTW Goodberry is a great spell in 5E. Not only do they heal a HP, but give nourishment for a day. Keeps from having to carry all those nasty tasting trail rations.

151 to 200 of 1,619 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.