GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


451 to 500 of 1,619 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

"Shipment is sealed. Invoice just says alchemical reagents. Not my job to pry and not yours either. It's been packed for travel, but I wouldn't drop it. If that still is agreeable, please follow me to my wagon to fill out the appropriate paperwork."

(Any and all that are interested can join.)

The little gnome leads you to an impressively large wagon and tells you to wait while he climbs inside. You hear him rummage around inside for a bit before returning with a leather document folder and a small notebook.

In the notebook, he takes your names and adds a brief description. He then puts this information on a separate document that he hands to you. "This document certifies you as couriers of the Seven Scales Trading Coster, valid until the 31st. It will get you through any inspections that may crop up during your travels. If you are found to still be in possession of Coster goods after the 31st, it will be considered theft. You will also be held responsible for the loss or damage of the package."

He then fills out a second, smaller document. On this he melts some wax and presses a seal that he keeps on a chain around his neck. He then passes the note to you. "This is promissory note for 150 gold pieces. As you can see, it needs to be validated by Eben upon delivery of the goods. After that time, it is as good as coin. It can be redeemed at any Coster business and with most reputable non-Coster merchants. To facilitate liquidity, I've made it payable to the bearer of the note. Please do not lose it."

Once the paperwork is complete, he climbs back into the wagon and returns with an ornately carved wooden chest. It is clearly inscribed with the words, Seven Scales Trading Coster He hands it to you. "Here is your charge. Please make sure it gets to where it needs to go. Any further questions before we conclude our business?"


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Re: The goblin ears - Vhaezil will suggest they take the innkeep's offer of 80%. Granted they lose 20% but we limit the interaction with Imperials.

Vhaezil stoically listens to the gnome's offer, then nods;

"A valuable sum for deed and goods delivered. You have piqued my interest Master Gnomus... I will accept this work."

The diabolist signs his name with a thin smile;

"Recording ones true name is a binding deed. Not to be taken lightly..."

As the gnome describes their work and provides the document, Vhaezil eyes him coldly;

"We have some business of our own to attend to outside of town before we embark upon delivering your items. I trust this will not be an issue for you?"


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl stares first at the people of the town, who could use someone like him to protect them, then at the companions he had shared blood and broth with. He seemed torn, so stepped away to a silent glade nearby to pray, and consult with St. Thalvus... Then it became more clear to him.

Yes he had found the girl... but there were more things missing or lost that need to be found. His work was not through yet. He walked back into the town with a more determined and less troubled look upon his face. If I meet some warrior looking for purpose in their life I shall send them here.

He catches the end of the Merchants speech. "Wait a minute. You say we are responsible for the loss or damage of the package? Could you clarify that a bit? Are you saying that if we are set upon by bandits and the package is damaged or stolen, we are responsible for the value of the contents? We don't know the contents... so I for one would be hesitant to sign off under those conditions".

"I will accompany, and help any or my friends who agree to these terms, but I would be foolish to accept these terms without knowing the value I'm signing off on".


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

My friend has a good point. The penalty for loss must not be more than the offered payment. For all we know the box could blow up. It is alchemical after all.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As his comrades broach concern at liability for the packages safety, Vhaezel's brumal gaze does not fade;

"Gentlemen. If it were a childe we were being charged to escort would there be discussion? I think not. This mercator requires us to deliver the goods and will equip us with paperwork and remunerated for such."

At Lichen's concern for the potential danger the package itself may hold, the diabolist offered his thoughts in his flat tone;

"It is a common misconception amongst the benighted that all alchemical reagents are explosive in nature Master Wanderer. Murlok Blacknail wrote a fascinating treaties on the subject: Eye of the Beholder, Sap of Treant: Employing Monstrous Remains in Arcane Alchemy - A Decade of Study. A recommended read should any of you be fortunate enough to come across it as I have."


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

"I just want to get back and discover what those creatures were doing in that cave..and what the meaning of the scars on the girl portend."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"I've never considered myself much of a chaperone but recent days have proved my self perception wrong. I too will gladly accompany this chest with you Vhaezil. As last of my order and only remaining Champion, I pledge my service to the cause."

Zask straightens his left arm and clasps his wrist with his right hand. The left palm remains open and facing the gnome.

As Zask signs his name he mutters to himself,

"The word of my order once would have been enough to instill trust..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"Gentlemen, I am not privy to the contents of this package, but I assure you that if I believed it were extremely valuable or terribly fragile, I wouldn't be entrusting it to a bunch of random people that happened to be staying at the same inn as I."

"All couriers in the service of the Seven Scales Trading Coster take responsibility for the goods they deliver. It encourages an appropriate level of dedication and enthusiasm in their work. It is also why a delivery job pays in gold. If you were not held responsible for the package, there would be little to stop you from simply stealing it and claiming banditry."

"The offer stands for those who wish it. If none of you are, then I will see if there are any other who wish the opportunity to get in with the Seven Scales."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

To his companions that are hesitant Zask offers with a broad smile,

"We were all men of opportunity once, let's test fate again! Let's collect the chest, see to our business then make the delivery."

Zask would like to accept the offer, head to the tomb scope it out then complete this delivery for mr gnome


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys considers all of the opinions of his new companions, and the words of the gnome, then nods and adds his own name to the contract, "Being in good with the Seven Scales can't hurt..." he opines after he's straightened, with a mind to the information he might squeeze from such a far ranging business.

GM, Rhys was just trying to get any information from up the road from any newcomers....


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil quietly mulls what he knows of the mercantile organisation;

History (Knowledge/Repute/History of the Seven Scales)?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

"We should take the inn-keep up on his offer for the coboli ears. 35 Silver should amply cover provisions and any other equipment we may require for both the journey and investigation of the tomb."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Agreed, let's resupply and move on.

We have until the 31st. So if everyone has another 10 days worth of rations that should get us there?

Edit: We will have to get water as well or is our druid or ranger able to find it along the way?


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

So we are taking a package of unknown contents and unknown value and agreeing that no mater what will pay any sum if its stolen, damaged or lost? I am sorry but that is just not reasonable. At the very least we should know its value up front. Do you want a life of indentured servitude? Because this is how you get a life of indentured servitude.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

You could choose not to sign and just tag along. Three of us have already taken that responsibility. I doubt he cares who signs. You can be our hired help then.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

^Ninja!^

"I feel that the Innkeepers offer for the Goblin ears is fair. I find the whole concept a bit... unsettling anyway, but understand it's intent".

He then reaches up to scratch at a loose scale behind his left earhole, a frown of concentration on his Draconian face (At least that's what it appears).

I find that Adventuring is full or hard decisions. I see why more don't answer it's call.

"My word means much to me, and I don't give it easily, however maybe I can find a way to help. While I hesitate to sign my name to this binding agreement, I can agree to accompany those that do, and offer my services free of charge. Since, I do not sign off on responsibility, I forfeit my share of the fee. Would this be acceptable"?

This one is eager to enter into any binding agreements with little thought it seems. I'll have to keep an eye on him. The big Dragonborn's eyes linger on the Warlock for abit, before smiling at his artful answer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Rhys: Due to the nature of the ferry crossing being down, all information you get is from the road to Jameson's Crossing. You don't find out anything surprising. Road conditions were good. Some had encounters with the occasional patrol of Duke's men or Imperial soldiers, but nothing out of the ordinary. No word on goblinoid activity.

@Vheazil: You've definitely heard of the organization. It is not native to Vordune, but its operations predate the Imperial annexation. It has holdings in every major city.

@Lichen: Indentured servitude to an international trade organization sounds like a sweet campaign to me. Seriously though, just be careful with it.

@Zask: Unless told otherwise, assume you can find enough water in the wild to keep your water skins full. Travel along the main roads or in farmlands affords the party the opportunity to stay at an inn or guest house. The cost of staying at there would be accounted for by your lifestyle cost. Basically, rations only matter in the wilderness.

@All: Could you please put your lifestyle type in your profile (maybe next to class or something) so I can check it at glance. It will help me with NPC reactions and such. Probably going to have you deduct the cost every 10 days game time.

The gnome shrugs, "The fee is the fee if one makes the delivery or 10. As long as someone takes legal possession and responsibility, I don't really care."

He turns to the trio of signatories, "Pleasure doing business with you gentlemen. Just a word of caution, you're taking the risk, be careful your friends don't claim the reward."

If your business is concluded, the gnome locks up his wagon and returns to the inn.

So the plan is a quick return to the crypty cave? Any last purchases or anything before we head out?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil has no rations, hence why he was mooching off Cole previously. Will need to get my own... not sure on the water front. Would make sense to carry a waterskin or some such.

At Zask's affirmation the warlock nods toward the inn as he offers up the bag of goblin ears;

"Would someone like to do the honours. I may tempt providence in purloining fair coin from these good folk."

His soft words carry an acerbic tinge, which continue into his response to Daryl's words;

"You should remember that in this world not all solutions are palatable ones Draco... However they are solutions."

The diabolist smiles thinly as the others stall in their signing, with Daryl at the least preferring to accompany those who did;

"Understandable. Master Tamm sees this as a serendipity too fortuitous to ignore... hence he signed up. Master Quickhand as part of life's catechism... a test worthy of his own name. For my part I have signed contracts far more consequential than assuming the role of a mere courier."

Vhaezil shrugs as his face once again falls sombre;

"Those who do not wish to sign their given names could provide sobriquets. Unless of course you do prefer the responsibilities a hired guard to be reflected in your stipend?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen will sign. I was the one thinking it foolish, not him. :P do we have party funds that can be spent or split?


You have 4 wolf pelts that can be sold for 40gp (probably should move these before they start to smell). You also have the goblin equipment that can be sold. There's not much of a market for that kind of gear in this town, but feel free to make an investigation or persuasion check to try to find buyer.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask scoops up the ears and makes his way to the inn. Hopping up on the barstool he beckons the innkeeper and presents the string of ears with a warm smile,

"Was told that you're collecting bounty for the trouble out in the woods. We would take the silver or perhaps trade for enough rations and supply for five adventurers and a safe place to sleep whenever were in need."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

"We were also looking for a place to offload four pristine wolf hides, a tanner perhaps? Might you know of anyone that would be interested?"

Investigation: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Thoughts on just offering up the goblin gear to the town for free to allow them to defend themselves perhaps?


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen, trained in investigation, will assist Zask in his quest to sell the goblin gear.


The innkeep raises an eyebrow, "Here's your silver. As for the rest, there might be some around that might have interest in what you're trying to peddle."

You find takers for the shortbows @10gp each. A caravan guard offers to take the morningstar for 8gp. Another offers to buy a scimitar for 10gp The innkeep offers to take 3 off your hands for 15gp (he plans on using them as ornaments). There isn't much interest in smelly, bloodstained goblin armour, but a local leatherworker offers you 5gp for the lot of it to salvage and repurpose what he can.

Once preparations are made, you head out back towards the goblin camp (If you end up buying anything, just let me know.)

DM Dice:

Rando: 1d12 ⇒ 1

The trip is uneventful, but while travelling you do disturb a great gathering of ravens that has gathered to feast on the dead wolf rider patrol. At the end of a long march, you finally reach the camp. As you approach, Lichen immediately notices from a distance that the corpses, though still visible, are no longer laid out as they had been when you left. You'ld have to get closer to discern anything more.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

As the party stalls for a moment upon approaching the clearing Zask crouches and offers his friends a small bit of wisdom,

"The corpses seem to remain, We've spent a long day travelling back to this den friends. I suggest we again make camp at our previous hideout and finish the investigation tomorrow."

For watch list I think we had Zask+Vhaezil , then Daryl+Rhys , Lichen + ?? ... Not sure if anyone benefits from the short rest and could do double watch, Vhaezil? Just trying to set this to make GMF's life easier


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@GM-F: Looking to purchase Scroll Case (if it can be sourced - Investigation 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25); Waterskin; 5 days Rations - total @ 3GP 7SP total cost

Vhaezil also holds, eyeing the goblin corpses impassively;

"Ware. The dead coboli are not how we left them... Could be scavangers picking at their meat. Could be something more fell."

Once we check out the goblin corpses and make camp Vhaezil can do the double watch - short rest works - will be at a disadvantage for ability checks due to fatigue I guess?


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

If Lichen has spell slots the night before he casts Goodberry as his plan. I have lot track of how long we were in town. Also Lichen would like to at least buy some rations. Waiting on gold split.

Lichen agrees. I could use a little more rest before we go below. In truth I do not feel totally recovered from the previous forced march.

In regard to the moved bodies he asks Is it possible that the goblins could have left us a gift by animating them dead before the left?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"We watched them leave, Would we have missed such a thing? You're right, best if we take a look before camp.

Zask pads forward silently, keeping his eyes out for anything suspicious and inspects the bodies first prodding with his Quarterstaff to ensure nothing of sinister intent was placed on them.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

I only suggested someone taking double watch if they benefited from the short rest as a long rest, i guess we have no Elves anymore though. I think we can manage with having one person on guard for last watch? Thoughts?


@Zask: Nobody benefits from a short rest as a long rest, elves just sleep less. For a long rest, you need 8 hours, 6 of which you need to be sleeping, as such for a party of 4, there would be 4 watches. With a party of 5, you still need 4 watches. Your party isn't really big enough for double watches.

@Vhaezil: You have no trouble finding those items.

@Lichen: You spent 1 day in town, but there is nothing stopping you from staying longer.

Sneaking forward, Zask checks the outer camp area. The corpses of the goblins and wolves are still there and crawl with flies, but they have been partially eaten.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Do not want to waste a day. Lichen is good and will create 20 goodberries before sleeping tonight. That means he will have no first level spells during the night.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Seems like we just camp for the night then, Zask can watch first

"Seems like something got to these goblins, not entirely sure what thought"

Survival check to see if i can recognize the bites?
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

"We best camp for the night and head at dawn, I feel uneasy about these corpses."


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl if fine with middle watch for now. When he get's spells he'd probably rather move to first or last.

Daryl remains quite on the trip, his thoughts with the companions who decided not to accompany then, and the young girl that had been through so much. He stand looking about as the others investigate the corpses.

Daryl is going to buy a healers kit, and hire someone to teach the girl's parent how to use it to help with the girls injuries. (6-GP). He'll also buy 6 rations to bring him up to 10 (3-gp). If possible he'll buy a little "Dragonborn" doll for the girl, to 'protect' her in the future??? (3-gp???).


@Zask: It would be a nature check

@Daryl: There is a town cleric (Sister Philomena), she is just doing the rounds of the outlying farms, so there is someone who can tend to Rose's injuries, if you don't want to pay for the kit. Also, let's say 1gp for a doll.

@All: just need a watch order. If you don't really care, I can just set it randomly.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Nature check it is

Nature: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

I was trying to work it out above guess it wasn't agreed on and no one seems to care about when they take watch so might as well just set one


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Rhys and Lichen have the best perceptions - with the rest of us meh to terrible (Vhaezil raises hand) - my thought would be to pair the two worst together (Vhaezil and Daryl) and fill in the rest of the slots as we see fit?

Vhaezil watches Zask check the corpses, which remain inert at his approach.

The diabolist eyes Lichen as he answers his query on the potential presence of necromatic magicks;

"It would they did not."

There is almost a disappointed hint to his words.

He then nods toward the carrion, before continuing in his flat tone;

"I am no outdoorsman, but I take it when we camp we will distance ourselves from the rotten meat and any scavengers they may bring."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen tries to help find a good campsite. He does not object to any watch assignment and is willing to stand watch alone if need be. Before the group sleeps he hands each person 3 goodberries.

Survival to find a good camp site: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Nature to identify the bites: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

1st Lichen, 2nd Vhaezil and Daryl, 3rd Rhys, 4th Zask ... Spell casters early to get the full rest if they get an encounter hopefully then the lowly melees afterwards?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys looks at the mangled bodies of the goblins, nose wrinkled at the stench. Being a city boy, he knows the wisdom of proper disposal of the dead, so carefully drags the bodies away from the cave entrance, "Don't want to be walking by these dregs..." he offers.

He accepts Lichen's goodberries with a smile, then helps set up camp, before retiring, his body achy from the long trek back here.

Perception on watch, or just take passive:17: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


@Licehn: There have been several animals eating at the corpse. A least one is a larger animal, possibly a bear of some type.

@All: I'm going to use the above order as the default watch order. I'll just use passive perception for watches. The Vhaezil/Daryl duo gets advantage, which confers +5 to passive perc/

Lichen finds a suitable spot, upwind of the carrion to settle in for the evening.

Randomizer:

1: 1d10 ⇒ 2
2: 1d10 ⇒ 7
3: 1d10 ⇒ 4
4: 1d10 ⇒ 2

The night passes slowly. From the darkness come the occasional sounds of small animals feeding, but nothing interrupts your rest.

New day, 4th of the campaign. Please mark off a ration.

The dawn is greeted with squabbling squawks of feeding ravens. The goblin hole awaits you.

What would you like to do?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Rising with his companions Zask shouts over a shoulder as he relieves himself,

"A new day and a new dawn friends! Let's go see what those madmen saw in this tomb!

Zask pads over to the entrance and eyes the desecrated corpses,

"Once more into the br... goblin den!"

Zask lights a torch to guide his way back into the den, listening for any new inhabitants along the way.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Zask will pause if he hears anything, if not he will continue on to the unexplored portion of the tomb


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Remember we have the gifted hooded lantern from the farmfolk - whose packing that?

Vhaezil rises and meets Zask's enthusiasm with a stoic expression.

"Let us be prepared before we enter. That lantern we were rewarded with - who will bear it? If none wish the burden... I will."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Even though Lichen was on first watch he was up with the dawn to meditate and prepare spells for the day. Responding to Vhaezil he says The lantern is important but I also will have a light, though I will be throwing it at enemies and when I do that we will loose that light until I rekindle it.

Rations: Everyone has three good berries and Lichen has 5. One will feed you for the day. Does it specifically matter when we eat each day? The berries loose their potency each evening so ideally we would save them until we are wounded and if not wounded eat one before they go bad. Note Lichen will not have these to hand out every day. I suspect he will uses his first level spells during any day with fighting and then will not have the spell slots that evening to create them.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

I didn't collect the lantern, hopefully it wasn't Cole!


@Lichen: From a bookkeeping perspective, I would prefer that "eating" be tracked at the same time each day. I don't care if that's at then end of the day or the start, but if it is at the end of the day, then people need to keep track of whether they have eaten a gooseberry that day.

@Zask:Stealth doesn't really work when you're carrying a torch...

Zask doesn't hear anything.

I don't really want to rush in before people have a chance to chime in. Now might be a good time to talk about standard marching order and if scouting is something you would like to do before the whole party moves in.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Notice Rhys has a Hooded Lantern - not sure if that's "his" or the gift from the farm-folk? RE: Goodberries - makes sense to eat them at the end of the day. As a group just remind ourselves to take them (if purely for food - for healing we'll likely take as/when)

RE: Marching Order - Rhys makes best sense for point (high Perception/Investigation) - then Daryl or Zask, Lichen and Vhaezil will bring up the rear?


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl is the one who asked for the lantern, so I assume he has it... Just forgot to add it to my inventory...although having said that Daryl is most effective with a shield in hand, so he's more than willing to give it up for someone else to carry.

Second in line is good for Daryl. He would want to be able to jump into action quickly, with Good AC & HP, OK Perception, and his Divine Sense abilities.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

I'm happy with the suggested matching order. Sorry for jumping the gun all.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Ok with Rhys taking point, his lantern is his.

Rhys rises with the others, taking a moment to strech vigorously to relieve a few sore spots from sleeping on the ground.

Gathering with the others at the entrance, he lights his lantern and suggests, "I'll scout ahead a little ways...but stay close enough..." .

With a wan smile, he raises his lantern and move into the cave about 10 ft, then looks back to make sure the others were following...

Should I roll Perception/Investigation or just go with my passive values ?


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen conjures a flame before going underground. Ready.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Lantern in hand Zask nods,

"Ready"


@Zask: No worries.

@Rhys:I'll just use passive.

Moving back into the darkness of crypt, you notice that the goblin funk that pervaded earlier has been overlaid with the pungent smell of meat left out to rot and a deep muskier scent. Coming round the bend at the end of the entrance staircase, Rhys' light falls on the shaggy form of a large bear that has decided to fatten up on the feast you prepared for it. It lets out a mighty bellow at your intrusion.

Initiative rolls:

Rhys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Zask: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Vhaezil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Lichen: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Baddies: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Combat
21 Lichen
19 Rhys
17 Bear
15 Zask
12 Vhaezil
1 Daryl

Combat map updated. Lichen and Rhys are up


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Easy big fellow. Lichen soothes, motioning for the others to stay back and not attack. We are friends. He casts Animal Friendship on the creature and hopes for the best. It would such a shame to have to hurt the beast.

451 to 500 of 1,619 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.