GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,619 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

@Dolgrin: I believe the intent was to reach the cabin around midday.

@Vhaezil: There is no mention of a Norquist Orve in the most recent pages.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Dolgrin bash that bad boy opeeeen


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

doh! Missed seeing the update here.

When all are ready, Dolgrin takes a whack or two at the lock securing the trapdoor.
"Let's see what they have locked below."

Using both hands he lines up each shot before striking.

damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


The whole cabin reverberates with the noise of Dolgrin's strikes. The locks proves to be resilient, but eventually gives way under the abuse.

Opening up the trapdoor reveals a crude tunnel bored straight down in to the solid stone of the mountain. Rough handholds have been chiseled into one side, providing a precarious means of descending into the darkness below.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

As the others circumnavigate the lock with precision and skill, Vhaezil mulls his next step with the book;

"The notion of adding the dear departed Norquist Orve to the ledger is an interesting one. It may complete a cycle. It may trigger or awaken something... It may even damn poor Orve's soul to a dark place beyond our ken..."

At the final words the youthful diabolist fails to suppress a creeping smirk.

He turns toward where the others have completed their lock-picking;

"Most subtle Gentlemen. What do you see?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Now I never claimed to be subtle Master Scribe, only to have the key." Dolgrin replies gruffly, holding up his hammer once again.

"There's a tunnel leading below, has been used enough someone chiseled handholds in, crude as they may be. We'll have to venture below to determine anything else."

barring any objections, Dolgrin will prepare to climb down using the handholds and his darkvision to guide him.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil impassively listens to the initial findings, then bids the dwarf belay his exploration further;

"Hold Master Shieldarm. Should I pursue this written course of action before you embark on your spelunking?"


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin sits down on the edge of the trapdoor sill and waits, feet dangling in the shaft below.

"By all means, should you want to potentially damn another's soul to an eternity in sheol. Have a care Master Scribe before tapering with that you haven't studied but about 20 minutes. Granted, I'm getting ready to drop into a black abyss, perhaps you shouldn't be taking advice from me." Dogrin replies with a shrug.


@Dolgrin: Even with darkvision, you can't see the bottom of the shaft from the top.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil casts a baleful look in the direction of the doughty dwarf;

"Indeed I shall not Master Shieldarm... Gentlemen does anyone else have any notions regarding my theory on inscribing a name..?"


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask looks to Vhaezhil,

"If that book does require some form of servitude would you risk serving two masters young Vhaezil? Our friend down the mountain didn't seem too keen of mind, if there is a master of this book his gifts do not seem so gracious as your current"

Peering down into the hole Zask looks to Dolgrin,

"After you?"


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil mulls Zask's words, before replying in his flat, mirthless tone;

"Master Quickhand as you well know my villenage is to the powers infernal, and it is not a mere cloak to be slipped on and off when the weather changes. The shackles that bind me cannot be broken, as such I have little else to fear, nor give, as forfeiture if required..."

The diabolist allows himself a fleeting smirk before continuing;

"... Hence if any of you are lettered it would be a most noble and interesting experiment. One of course I would document as a future forewarning if necessary."

As he speaks Vhaezil approaches when Dolgrin sits perched and leans over, turning his baleful gaze into the dark tunnel;

"My gifted sight far exceeds your inherent vision I think Master Shieldarm. Allow me gaze deeper into the dark on our collective behalf, just as I do metaphorically."

His Devil's Sight grants him the ability to see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Taking in the dark pit the druid looks worried. Do we mean to climb using those handholds? I do not much care for that idea. Perhaps we can rig up some ropes for safety and to ease the climb?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Stepping back as Vhaezil comes forward to peer into the depths of the shaft Dolgrin chuckles.

"I may not be as well versed as you my young friend, but I am learned enough to let the one with nothing to fear to be the proverbial Guinea pig, I shall take notes for you. See anything? "


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Aye I have a rope, but not long enough to reach the bottom by the time I secure it above Wanderer, however with more perhaps so." Dolgrin says retrieving a rope from his pack.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen offers his own rope to the cause.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask looks to Vhaezil with a curious expression.

"Hmm.. Can't say that I'm not curious myself. We all die eventually don't we. Add me to the list scholar, I will indulge your curiosity."

Zack shuffles close to Vhaezil and whispers to him,

"Willow Barzask Quickhand..."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

(Holding off on Vhaezil's interplay pending if he spots anything down the abyssal shaft...)


Sorry for the delay. Vhaezil can see the bottom of the shaft ~100feet down. It appears to just descend into a stone chamber below.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

We should completely search up here before we descend. the druid recommends.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

My understanding is that Dolgrin finished searching the house while Zask ran outside to follow the tracks they had seen earlier. GM correct me if I'm wrong. I had posted earlier but it didn't take apparently

adding Lichen's rope to his own Dolgrin notes that it doesn't wuite make it to the bottom. "Well at least you won't have to worry about the hard surface at the bottom if you slip. You guys ready?"


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Sorry work's been stymieing me!

Vhaezil moves back from the end of the shaft;

"100ft drop to the bottom. Ends in stone, so I would climb carefully ..."

The sage moves back to the book, looking expectantly at Zask as he retrieves ink and quill;

"Are you sure about this Master Quickhand? We dabble in the unknown here... Alas I cannot recommend such actions, however like all things there are potential weals and woes..."

Unless Zask (or someone else) instructs him otherwise, Vhaezil will continue - inscribing the name Willow Barzask Quickhand into the tome...


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Considering the climb Lichen asks Do we have enough rope to knot it for easier climbing?

Is that a thing in 5e?


@Lichen: I'm not sure its a thing, but I would rule that it would give you advantage. That being said, you can just use the carved handholds to climb down. They work fine, but require both hands.

There are no immediately obvious consequence to Zask's name to be added to the book.

In the interest of progression, I'm just going to assume someone climbs down the shaft.

Descending into the bowels of the mountain, the hauntingly unsettling noise that you've been hearing since you reached the area becomes noticeably louder. The air down here is oppressively dank and somehow even colder than the mountain peak above. The shaft ends in a corridor cut from the living stone. Every surface here is carved with small twisted faces with tormented expressions and coated thinly in what appears to be glass. This coating makes the faces appear to writhe and move in the light.

From the base of the shaft you can see that the corridor ends in a bronze door shaped like a gargoyle’s face, with the lock inside its fanged, open mouth. In the lock is a bronze key.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Reaching the bottom, Dolgrin looks around, suppressing a shudder. "Cheerful place this is." Moving deeper into the corridor the door with the gargoyle head becomes apparent. "Well that looks like a lovely trap", sticking the end of his warhammer in the gargoyle's mouth, Dolgrin reaches in around the head and turns the key.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen attaches the rope before descending for added safety. At the bottom of the shaft he casts Produce Flame and holds to torch-like flame up to examine the walls. He almost regrets his decision.

Following Dolgrin to the only door he wonders aloud So much effort went into this construction, and for what?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil waits and watches the small halfling, curious for any effect or consequence of the inscription.

"It would seem that whatever fell powers we may or may not have invoked upon you Master Quickhand, they are patient..."

The scrivener's flat tone almost hints at disappointment as he moves to the shaft where Dolgrin and Lichen had climbed downward.

Leaning in he shouts to the spelunkers;

"Find anything of note? Anything that requires my erudite qualities? "


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)
Vhaezil wrote:
Find anything of note? Anything that requires my erudite qualities?

Dolgrin shakes his head a bit at the youngsters comment. "It appears one of the architects of hell descended upon this place, as of now I try my hand at a lock within the gargoyles mouth, surely nothing foul could happen."


The corridor is frigid and the faces leer at you from all directions. Beneath your feet, you can feel the contours of their features, as you tread upon them.

The key turns easily in the lock and the door swings inward with a squeal of protesting hinges. In the room beyond, along the north and west edges of the room are ten small tables similar to nightstands. Each has a skeletal hand resting on it. To the east are double bronze doors engraved with a large sigil. Looking upon the strange sigil makes you feel mildly nauseous and fills you with unease.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

As the light from Lichen's torch reveals contours in the passageway Dolgrin doesn't wish to dwell on, he moves into the new room. Wondering if the hands upon the table are some form of devilish scriveners.

"Come on down Vhaezhil, you're gonna wanna investigate this."

religion: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 symbol on the door
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 room in general


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Apologies, lads....

Rhys watches with apprehension as Vhaesil inscribes Zask's true name in the book, not sure what to expect...but not really expecting nothing.

He joins the other two in descending into the mountain, quickly sketching a few of the faces carved in to the walls.

When, Dolgrin reveals the 'study' his eyes widen in interest, again pulling his journal out and rendering a study of the sigil, no matter how uneasy it makes him feel.

He then approaches on of the nightstands, and leans down to investigate th skeletal hand laying there.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Passive is 17
Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen looks a little green and a little worried. You know, its not too late to simply leave this place. Much here is not natural. What do we hope to accomplish in this place again?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil puts aside the disappointment of no woe befalling Zask to slowly and awkwardly climb down to where the exploring members of the company have gathered.

As he enters the corridor, the diabolist pauses to brush a gloved hand across some of the tormented features;

"Quite exquisite is it not? The skill to capture their sheer hopelessness and pain is remarkable. What a talent..."

As the main chamber beckons, the accursed scrivener pauses at a table or two before finally arriving before the brass doors and their strange sigil;

"Gentlemen... So what do we have here..?"

Presuming my Devil's Sight won't allow recognition?

Arcana?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


I take it no one has detect magic?

@Vhaezil: The large sign on the door is a symbol not a word, so it doesn't really translate. It doesn't appear to be mystical.

No one recognizes the symbol on the door.

There are 10 tables and upon each resides a hand. Upon closer inspection, you can see that they are all the mummified left hands of fair skinned humanoids. Upon each, the same alien script has been tattooed on the palm. Anyone trained in medicine can tell that the tattoos were done while the original owner was alive.

The double doors don't appear to have any lock.

Vhaezil (devil sight) re:hands:
You can tell that the script means both “transcribe” and “replace”


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@GMR; Believe Lichen has Detect Magic

Vhaezil absentmindedly comments on the script inscribed upon the mummified hands;

"The writing tattooed upon these severed hands translates as both transcribe and replace. Curious juxtaposition."

He then turns his baleful gaze toward the door and its symbol, adding in his flat tone;

"Ware that door Master Shieldarm. The symbol upon it indicates any dwarf crossing the threshold shall be set asunder from his beard..."

A wicked smile briefly flirts across the angelic faeatures of the young diabolist at his last statement.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Yep, but someone else might need to suggest it for him to do it. :) It does take 10 minutes.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Duly noted :)

Vhaezil gestures toward the symbol with his usual sober expression returned;

"Jesting aside, if there is any ill-magickal effects harboured in the sigil I have not the ken to determine their nature... Master Wanderer and Master Shieldarm - do either of your divine patrons grant you such an ability?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

I can do it. Lichen admits grudgingly. Seem like this whole place is likely magic, and in a bad way to me. It will take a few minutes. Best guard me while I am about it. Lichen begins the required ritual.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin stops a few steps away from the door and turns an eye on Vhaezhil while momentarily stroking his beard. "Hmm, kinda growing fond of it, perhaps I should wait a moment....No, mine expects me to send my time in defense of my companions and home, perhaps it would do well in the future, hmmm....

as Lichen says he can perform the necessary ritual, "Aye, I'll stand guard Wanderer" Shrugging shield back in place on his arm, hammer at the ready Dolgrin waits
perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Nothing occurs to interrupt the ritual. Lichen's enhanced senses pick up the faintest of auras that seem to suffuse the entirety of the area. On the other hand, the severed hands glow brightly, indicating their magical nature.

The symbol on the doors, does not appear magical in and of itself. Your being just seems to unconsciously recoil from the wrongness of what it represents.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

What schools does Lichen note in the hands and on the entire area?

This entire place is magical in a low level sort of way, but those hands are strongly enchanted.

With the ritual complete Lichen will maintain concentration on the spell until something forces him to drop it or its 10 minute duration expires.


Make a knowledge arcana check (if trained, if not you don't know). The spell doesn't identify the auras.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen is +3 in Arcana, but with an int mod of +3 I assume he is not trained. The spell seems to say I know the school if there is one.

Detect Magic:

1st-level divination (ritual)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Self
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.

The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask patiently waits while the arcane do their work, he lights a the lantern taken from the late Explorer to aid his vision.

"Probably best to leave the hands as they are, unless you want to take one for researching Vhaezil?"

Zask makes his way toward the double doors stopping their progress, the sense of unease permeating him. He taps on it gently with his Quarterstaff...

...Then opens the door.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys straightens from his examination of the nearby hand, careful not to touch it or the desk.

He watches Lichen perform his ritual, then moves over the stand behind Zask as he opens the door...


@Lichen: You are correct, I misread something. All the auras are from the necromancy school.

The Zask opens the door. The room beyond is huge and the light of your torches doesn't reach the far end of it. From the doorway, you can see rows of pews facing away from you, leading off into the dark.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes one of the hands with an implacable stare;

"Alas carrying a necrotically imbued hand would likely not end well. The writings on Xanos - a fell necromancer of antiquity, famed for utilised such severed limbs, bodes ill to any who trifle in such. I shall leave my close dealings to those of an infernal bent."

As darkness awaits beyond the door, the infernal scrivener moves forward;

"Allow me to survey the chamber with my diabolically blessed gaze. I see that which you cannot."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen wonders 10 left hands. Will they animate? Perhaps they can write? Can you read the script on each Vhaezil. It looks to all be the same.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin moves forward towards the chapel area, at least he guesses it is a chapel from the pews he can see.

"Not sure I'd want to see those hands at work there Master Lichen, afraid I might find my own name should they start."

Reaching the doorway he'll stand aside so that Vhaezil can search the room.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil casts a baleful look toward Lichen at his question;

"As I already illuminated Master Wanderer - the tattooed wording upon these severed hands translates as both transcribe and replace. I cannot discern if the meaning applies to the hands themselves or their purpose..."

The diabolist then returns to his search of the chamber;

Investigation?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,619 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.