GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,619 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"I'm hoping you'll be in town by tonight, an perhaps brushing a lass of your own." Cinching the straps on the harness, Dolgrin overhears Vhaezil. "Aye they are, both in and out of battle, granted be careful they don't forget and kick you in the head. You'd liable to be addled a good long time sage."

Patting Penelope on the shoulder, Dolgrin grabs the lead with a "Come along" heads off down the road.


Lichen can only stay as a horse for an hour at this level, so its not like he can pull it the whole way. Anyways, for the sake of progression we'll just say that you manage to push, pull or drag it where you need to go.

The rest of the day is full of slow, strenuous work as you bring the laden wagon into town. You see the smoke long before the town comes into view. Thick plumes rise into the sky and as you near, their acrid vapors reach your noses. Stonehollow appearance suits its smell. A mean and dirty place, full of rough and dirty men. Several large smelters belch forth their filth, piles of slag rising alongside them.

Nearly everyone you see is dressed in dirty miner's leathers and the main street is lined with taverns and brothels, and little else. One larger building stands apart and you see the broad white letters, proudly proclaiming it the 'Company Store'.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

But I think that with a short rest I regain the ability so its another two hours as I can shift twice iirc. No?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil views the hellish vista with interest, offering a thought to any of his companions who would listen;

"Before I am asked... This is not how Hell looked. My experience of the plane infernal was less... crude than this cradle of toil and mortal sin..."

Glad their physical labours are nearly over, the diabolist nods his head toward the store building;

"Ah. The end of torture beckons... I wonder how shall we be rewarded for our charity by these good folk... Gold? Silver? Wine? Women? Or perhaps scepticism, followed by a reluctant credit for their wares... Shall we see..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask continues to push the cart along with a grunt,

"A little more pushing and less talking could get us there to find out Vhaezil. Lets drag this heap to the Store and see what they have to offer."

We didn't take any rests Lichen, so only one shift and an hour left as a pony it seems.


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Ah but a different form of wisdom can be found here sage, one not found in quiet tomes and scholarly robes. Perhaps an evening with some of those here would give you another view of the world." Dolgrin scoffs with a grin. "Aye Master Quickhand lets finish so Lichen can join our ranks once more."

Stopping outside the company store, Dolgrin marches in. "Your supplies are here."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3
Zask Quickhand wrote:

Zask continues to push the cart along with a grunt,

"A little more pushing and less talking could get us there to find out Vhaezil. Lets drag this heap to the Store and see what they have to offer."

We didn't take any rests Lichen, so only one shift and an hour left as a pony it seems.

So why not take a short rest to provide two hours of warhorse? Seems we are here regardless.


It's really not a big deal. If it feels more fun to have rested for an hour to get the extra couple of hours of draft horse, go for it. It literally doesn't matter to me and has no mechanical ramifications either way. Not really something we should be getting hung up on here folks.

The store is surprisingly clean and orderly, considerably different from the rest of what you've seen of the town. Neat rows of shelves crammed with all manner of goods fill the space and couple of locals wander the aisles. Two large men in neat uniforms stand idly by the entrance stout wooden clubs at their sides.

Behind a long counter is a thin man in wire-rimmed glasses. He looks up at Dolgrin. "I don't believe we are expecting any dwarven shipments this month. Are you sure that this establishment is the destination you were supposed to deliver to?"


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys, who'd followed along behind Dogrin, holds up the purchase order, "Actually, it's your shipment...from Ashwick. They were waylaid by some ogres, we happened along and killed the ogres and, well....here we are..."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil gives no reaction to Dolgrin's crude innuendo, and answers the monk's urging for more effort with another series of token push and pulls.

By The Cloven! I am a learn'ed scrivener not some common labourer...

As the group enter the store, the diabolist leaves the dwarf to take the lead in their negotiations, presuming he has dealt with such cloddish denizen's before.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen will have timed the arrival to still be in horse form to allow him a chance to observe without being the subject of observation himself.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Aye the lad has the right of it, a pair of trophies join the supplies to attest to our story. Should you wish to observe the original shipping crew you'll find them some hours out of town buried."

Dolgrin adds to Rhys explanation.

"The supplies appear to be staples required for your camp."

Sorry all been tied up on storm duty due to a local air elemental


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The man squints at you all, "I see... Do you have shipment invoice?'

I assume you kept it and will pass it him.

The man peers over the document intently. He pulls out a thick ledger and leafs through it, until he finds what he was looking for. "Yes, this shipment was expected."

He looks up and says to one of the guards at the door, "Marko, see about moving the shipment around back and set the lads to unloading it."

One the guard steps out he returns his attention to the party, talking to Dolgrin. "You have the company's thanks for delivering the shipment. It is nice to see that kind souls still travel the roads. I hope you enjoy your stay in our little town." With that he becomes intensely focused on some paperwork beside him.

Outside The guard comes over to horse lichen and sets about trying to lead him and the wagon around the side of the building.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes the guard, gauges his intent and offers a wry warning;

"Ware that one. It is a biter and requires to be gelded..."

The diabolist smirks to himself, then nods his hooded head toward their dwarven spokesman;

"Master Shieldarm there owns both horse and mule. Best leave them to his equestrian skills."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Perhaps the Company has a more tangible way of saying thanks. Would have been easier to of appropriated anything we needed from the ogres, and left the rest to the woodland creatures to pillage. Since your delivery crew was standing their judgment in whatever heaven or hell they made for themselves."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen's ears lay back as the man approaches warning him to keep his distance. At Vhaezil's comment he snorts loudly and stomps a foot.


Inside
The man slowly turns his attention back towards Dolgin. "Not the company's crew. Delivery of the goods was the responsibility of..." He pulls out the invoice. "Magor and Sons. I'm sure they will be ecstatic that you saved them the expense of the lost shipment and the late delivery penalty they would have incurred in having to reship the order. Really all you've save the company is the inconvenience of a temporary low inventory... Which is possibly worth some sort of reward...I suppose." He ponders for a moment. "I am in no way authorized to dispense coin of any sort, but I could arrange for your room and board to be covered during your stay in town, assuming you haven't made other arrangements."

Outside
The man gives the horse a look of disgust. "Then bring the wagon round back and unhitch the damned thing. There's work to be done and I'll not be waiting on a flea-bitten nag."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Grumpy NPCs :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask laughs as the man tries to reign in the horse,

"Gladly SIR!"

Zask gives the Stallion a slap on the rump with his quarterstaff and attempts to lead him by the reigns to the rear of the shop,

Animal Handling: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Thanks for this lovely opportunity to take advantage of your animal form hah!


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Offer to return the goods to Magog and Sons...


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Reaching out Dolgrin retrieves the delivery paper, muttering under his breath. cast Thaumaturgy

"Belay that Quickhand! If this belongs to Magog and Sons, perhaps they'll be more appreciative, hells even the ogres were more appreciative than this stable boy turned clerk. Come along gentlemen, these fine folk will be fine until the next delivery arrives."

The sound of thunder rolls back and forth through the building making the shelves and everything on them rattle. Turning Dolgrin strides from the store, leaving the thunder rolling in his wake within the store. It last for up to a minute


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Gents believe its Magor and Sons. Magog and Sons are a totally different outfit lol ;)

Vhaezil impassively watches the interplay occur, curious that they are not taking up the Company's offer of food and board...

I can but presume that Master Shieldarm has a stratagem in mind.


Just to be clear, Magor and Sons were responsible for the delivery of the goods and would have incurred the losses if the shipment had been looted. (Much as the case was when the party was delivering that chest to Ahmed the Alchemist.) If you returned the shipment to Magor and Sons, they'll have to resend it and eat the late delivery fee. Also want to point out that the shopkeep has the documentation indicating that the shipment belongs to the Styrian Mining Cartel, so you are effectively robbing the Cartel (after trying to extort a delivery fee), in a town that owes its existence to said Cartel.

Just want to make sure everyone is cool with the current course of action before the the consequences play out.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

I want to say that the lack of gratitide is on a level that I take as near hostile. We fought ogres to recover this shipment and we completed the delivery. Had we not they would be out the shipment. Car he’s me off guard and seems unappreciative to say the least.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin probably doesn't need a forge to forge nails right now he could spit them, agreed about the lack of gratitude on the part of the town, could be should have continued on after looting what we wanted, would have saved Vhaezhil from breaking a sweat - trying to avoid work pushing the wagon :) - I'll retcon my last action if the group wants it pulled. The delivery company should have been paid on arrival not before delivery was made. Room and board for a night is just kicking sand in our faces.

"Master Quickhand, remove Penelope and Charger from the wagon they can move it the rest of the way. We'll not wasted another breath on this ungrateful town."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

I've no problem with the reaction of the Company. They clearly have little value for people (more interested in the goods than the folks delivering them) and "buying" us off with food and lodgings would make for a canny buy-off...

The angelic face warlock offers little save a sardonic comment;

"Are not good deeds their own just reward gentlemen?"

He smiles knowingly then continues;

"A pity. I was somewhat hungry from our exertions, and that onerous thunder suggests rain..."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Hearing Dolgrin's plea Zask shrugs and releases the beasts from their reigns.

"Not sure what you were expecting, or how we expect to get these goods back to their original owners now, food and rest seemed good to me."

Zask shrugs and readjusts the weight of the shield on his back.

"I'll be off to find an inn to pay for my food and room now."

The monk heads off to the nearest inn/tavern, inquiring about any local rumors or listening in on any interesting conversations once in the establishment.
Investigation: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

It's not so much the lack of a reward as the attitude that was read into the replies, perhaps like text messages the actual message was lost in translation :) BTW the retcon left out the Thunder effect.

Obviously irritated at the responses given by the company clerk, Dolgrin wordlessly moves to Penelope and Lichen, sweat from the afternoons exertions still trickling down his back. Aware that Zask and Vhaezil's complaints were valid and due to him, he takes a couple of gold pieces worth of silver and passes them the money from his own pouch. "Go get something eat and secure lodging if it's still available. I'll take care of these two."

walking them to a shady spot, taking a brush he begins brushing out the harness marks after giving each of them a carrot. Frustration evident as he starts; but eventually he returns to his more normal demeanor and begins whistling a tune he knew from the forge. "Lichen, we need to figure out how to get you back to normal friend"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Oh the offense was very much intended. Coupled with the fact that the man is just an employee and would get in trouble for randomly handing out coin. Being a company town, the Cartel would own the inns, taverns and brothels, so giving away room and board is something easily kept off the ledgers.

At this point in the campaign, you have no affiliations, patrons, titles, etc. As far as anyone is concerned, you are a bunch of murder hobos. You'll need to build your own reputation, or borrow an other's by association, if you want to be treated as anything other than random wanderers. So if respect from random shopkeepers is something you're interested in, think about how you would like to go about getting it.

So please be aware that this isn't just DM stinginess. You're heading to a legitimate dungeon and with a little good luck, should make out pretty well for yourselves.

@Zask: You find out a little about the town. It mostly exists to service the miners that work in camps higher up in the mountains mining out mostly copper and iron. The other patrons in the inn are almost all exclusively male and most are not originally from Stonehollow. Most people are just looking at getting drunk, so they aren't particularly chatty. If you have something particular you are interested in let me know, but there isn't any random excitement at the moment.

@all: Finding lodgings is problem free and barring any specific interactions you wish on your part, your night passes peacefully. Leaving the town, you'll be looking at a two week round trip into the mountains plus the time at the temple. This is your last oportunity to resupply before heading into the wilderness.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages
GM Fanguar wrote:
As far as anyone is concerned, you are a bunch of murder hobos. You'll need to build your own reputation, or borrow an other's by association, if you want to be treated as anything other than random wanderers.

Knew hanging around with disparate types would do Vhaezil's repute no good! :)

Amongst the boorish miners, Vhaezil has little patience or appetite for their company. He does however attempt to engage with some of the inn's patrons, offering liquor for any information regarding the mountain range they plan to ascend.

@GMFang: Not sure what ye olde "gathering info" is in 5e... Charisma check? Investigation? Persuasion?


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys shrugs at Dolgrins offer, but takes his coin anyway. He also heads for the local watering holes, making his way through the various presses of stinky miner bodies, seeing if he can glean any idea of the state of the local wilderness.

Investigation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


@Vhaezil: I believe either could work, depending of the approach you took, but don't worry about it this time.

With a little coaxing, you glean a little information about the country around Stonehollow. The wilds are fairly well populated with animal life and there are more than a few mentions to keep a look out for mountain lions. As far dangerous humanoids, little reliable information can be had. There hasn't been any confirmed interactions in a generation, so if there are any about, they've been keeping to themselves. Your encounter with the ogres would be the most recent event of that nature and it appears to be far from the norm. You also learn that there are a few mountain men out there. Independent prospectors, hermits and the like. They roll into town on occasion to barter for supplies, but never stay too long.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Any fighting rings Zask can make a name for himself in this wee little town?


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Joining the others later Dolgrin is happy to learn ogres are not normal troubles in this area. "Perhaps we'll not see anymore till we reach the true wilderness areas. And perhaps not even then. Time will tell."

Sorry for the absence, daughter had her wisdom teeth taken out and extra family in for the weekend.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages
Zask Quickhand wrote:
Any fighting rings Zask can make a name for himself in this wee little town?

Might need to rechristen you Zaskey One-Punch ;)


@Zask: Nothing formal, but it's a rough enough place that if you want to pick a fight, you'll find takers. Just try not to break any company property.

@Dolgrin: No worries.

Let me know when you are ready to head out.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask spends as much time as would allow before noting the most belligerent and ruthless of the locals at the inn,

Lookin for a Fight: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Once spotted Zask heads on over and pats the man (or woman) on the knee with his quarter staff,

"What say you put your fists in for a few gold?"

Zask flashes two gold,

"Fancy myself a bit of a scrapper."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Meanwhile Lichen has been led away somewhere where he can shift in private?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages
Lichen the Wanderer wrote:
Meanwhile Lichen has been led away somewhere where he can shift in private?

Stables? :)

At Dolgrin's foreboding the infernal sage brow also furrows;

"Should the ogre incursions be a sign of fell times, we had best presume to encounter any and all manner of fell and foul creatures."

The momentary solidarity of concern passes, and Vhaezil defaults with a atypical superior comment;

"Lucky for you all I have read and studied the Grand Master Riballow's Almanac of Aberrations and Monstrous Threats. With my intellectuality as a whetstone, we shall have the edge in any encounter..."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

Dolgrin would have left you and Penelope boarded at the stable Lichen

"Was beginning to think you were going soft there Master Scribe, you were talking almost normal. Then you came back to your senses."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Then in an opportune time Lichen would shift and join the others.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes the dwarf with a dead-pan expression and tone;

"I fear it is the company I keep..."


M Gold Dwarf, Cleric 1, War Domain, 13/13hp, Skills - Animal Handling +3, History +2, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +3, Stealth +1, Survival +3 Saving Throws - Str +2, Dex +1, Con +4, Int +0, Wis +5, Cha +2. (Modest 1gp/day)

"Too true, before long you'll be cruising through the room searching for a worthy opponent of not your mind but your fist. If you don't mind I think I'll hold here an watch the festivities. My monies on the one-armed lad in the corner" Dolgrin replies conversationally in the same tone. before returning to his ale.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Lichen: Ya you can find the oportunity to shift back without being seen.

Zask picks his poison, a massive, scarred half-orc, sitting alone at the bar. His thick scarred knuckles and ears easily mark him as a pugilist. At Zask's proposal, the barman says, "Take it outside, Fezzik, and try not to kill this one."

The half-orc slowly turns his head towards Zask. "Do not bother me, little one. There is no sport in crushing your tiny body."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"I suppose you fear the humiliation of losing to one so tiny then. The monastery always promoted charity to those too unfortunate and weak enough to not be able to provide for themselves."

Zask takes a gold coin and fires it at the half-orc.

Gold Coin Throw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The tiny halfling laughs as it misses its mark,

"Only thing worse than being tiny must be being a coward, fighter Fezzik."

Zask takes his leave of the establishment and heads outdoors, to wait for a hopeful challenger.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The half-orc lumbers out after Zask. "You need to learn some manners half pint." Several other patrons wander outside to watch the show.

He squares up in the street and rolls his shoulders. "Let's get this over with."

Zask Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Fezzik Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Zask's up.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Disappointed in his failure to extract any meaningful information from the taciturn miners, Rhys leaves the tavern he was in and set out to find his companions.

Finding a group of miners gathering around out side another tavern, Rhys rises up on his toes to see what was happening.

Seeing Zask about to square off with a lumbering half-ord, Rhys call out to the nearby miners, "Who's willing to take a wager....5 gold on the halfling!"


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask rises from his kneeling position and smiles as the orc approaches,

"Indeed.."

The tiny halfling rises in an instant and unleashes a series of leg strikes in a blink,

Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Crit!: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Flurry of Blows

Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Strike: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

He lands gracefully after his flurry and readies himself for the assault.


Literally everyone watching is willing to take Rhys' action.

All of Zask's strikes hit. The half-orcs face splits into a bloody grin. "Ha! You hit well, but can you take a real punch!"

He starts throwing bombs:

Bonus: Rage
Attack 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Damage: 1d4 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Dm stuff:

29/50


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zasks senses leave him momentarily as he is struck with a ferocity that rivaled his master's.

He retaliates,

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Flurry

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,619 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.