GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


401 to 450 of 1,619 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

@Lichen: That doesn't seem unreasonable.

@Zask: It doesn't really matter who takes watch. There are a bunch of you, so you can double up the watch if you really want, I just want to know who is doing the 1st, 2nd, and so on, watches.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask will take first watch


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil watches the procession of the goblins with interest.

Once the creatures leave, the flatly speaks a warning;

"Best leave the coboli dead untouched until we discern what rite the Sacerdos... Priest has conducted."

As Zask offers himself up for first watch, the diabolist signals to join him;

"You shall have my company on watch Master Quickhand, if you will have it?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Still not recovered from his forced march Lichen looks exhausted and announces that he is going to bed and to wake him if he is needed for a watch.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"I would not refuse another set of eyes this night Vhaezil. Come, settle in."

Zask sits with his back to the the fire and begins his shift.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"I will watch while the girl sleeps. Perhaps middle watch will be when she sleeps most soundly".


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Did the girl eat the offered goodberry? if not it is available... And did she alllow Lichen to try to tend to her wounds?


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys nods, "I'll share the middle watch with Daryl " he says, then retires to his bedroll until woken.


Lichen the Wanderer wrote:
Did the girl eat the offered goodberry? if not it is available... And did she alllow Lichen to try to tend to her wounds?

She'll eat the berry if it is offered it by Daryl. She'll let you touch her to tend her wounds with a DC10 Persuasion check.

DM Dice:

Watch 1: 1d12 ⇒ 1
Watch 2: 1d12 ⇒ 8
Watch 3: 1d12 ⇒ 1

The night passes without interruption, and while chilly, it fortunately does not rain. Dawn breaks and a new day awaits.

The world is your oyster, what would you like to do?


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

I would like to explore the rest of the dungeon before heading back to town. But Zask will go with the consensus


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl seems a bit uncomfortable in the role of nursemaid... but the girl has been through so much for one so young. "Here let me try". Daryl takes the good berry and hands it gently to the girl.

"Here take this. It will make you feel better. You are safe now. These people helped to save you, and you can trust them. They will put your safe return to your family first in their minds... and hearts".

Daryl looks around at each of his companions as though challenging them with his glance to choose otherwise.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3
GM Fanguar wrote:
Lichen the Wanderer wrote:
Did the girl eat the offered goodberry? if not it is available... And did she alllow Lichen to try to tend to her wounds?

She'll eat the berry if it is offered it by Daryl. She'll let you touch her to tend her wounds with a DC10 Persuasion check.

Had already rolled the check above.

Persuasion: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil rises and finishes off the rations gifted to him by Cole some nights past.

At Daryl's noble words and steely glare he remains impassive and stoic.

"The sooner she is returned to the bosom of her kin, the sooner we fulfil our pledge and can return back here. This place has secrets still to yield I feel..."


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"Agreed, let's return our little friend back to the arms of her parents and make the trip back to this tomb to try and decipher what it meant to the others. If we make haste and the weather agrees hopefully Cole can pick up their trail."

Zask packs up his belongings and spends some time cleansing his quarterstaff, now turned walking stick, of the previous days gore.


Between the magic of the goodberry and Lichen's administrations, the girl's wounds close. Besides the symbols etched into her back, she also had several abrasions from being tied up. Even healed, the scars stand out red and angry. Something was rubbed into the cuts to promote scarring and the girl will bear the marks for her abductions for the rest of her life.

The girl was wearing a cut up farm dress and that's all. Presumably, someone has given her something to wrap herself in.

It's a new day, so mark off a ration, or pass out the goodberries.

With the general consensus being to return the girl to her home, the party heads out, retracing their steps. The girl, who appears to be about ten, is able to walk on her own and is a little more animated than yesterday.

DM Dice:

1d12 ⇒ 6

The journey back to the farm is uneventful, but eats up a good chunk of the day. Eventually, you step out of the forest into the fields that butt up against it. Several men are working to pull apart the remains of the burned barn. There's a shout as one of them notices your party's approach. A couple peel off and start towards you. As they approach, you recognize the pair from the brothers the church, one of them having been healed by Daryl.

The girl lets out a shout, "Papa!!" and starts to run towards the men. One of the men let's out a wordless cry and runs towards his little girl. As they meet, he takes her up in his arms and there is much laughter and tears in their reunion. A cheer rises up from the other men, as they rush over to join you.

The father's brother comes over to you with tears in his eyes, "Gods be praised! You saved her. You saved Rose. Bless you all."

These people do have names, so if your character is the kind to bother remembering the names of random NPCs, feel free to look them up in the thread. If it is a recurring NPC then I'll use their names, as you characters would obviously know them.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

A slight smile touches Cole's lips at the reunion, but his m8nd quickly wonders back to the trail that is growing cold by the moment. So, he stands at the outskirts of the celebratory hugs and focuses his eyes back towards where they are sure to head.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Erlmander is happy that the child has been reunited with her parents, but still worries at the thought of what the gyr were up to.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Finally rested up enough to not be fatigued Lichen is in a good mood on the way back and tries to make small talk with the girl to distract her from her experience. He is gladdened with her reunion with her father as it creates a natural balance in the world that had been disturbed. Things were set right in his mind, at least for this one thing.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

As with the others Zask is happy with the safe return of the girl,

"Rose is safe, But we fear that others may be in danger as well. We hope to pursue those responsible for these actions sir. If we return from our next task I believe i can speak for all when I say a warm hearth would be welcome."

..and with that Zask turns to join his companions, ready to embark once again.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys stands with Cole on the outskirts of the celebration, smiling widely at the joy the family was experiencing at seeing their daughter alive.

Though he wasn't terribly comfortable in the wilderness, he was nonetheless committed to venturing back out there to investigate the cave, find out what the kidnappers were trying to do.

"I'm ready when you all are," he says to the others.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Against type it is Vhaezil who moves toward the reunion and addresses the happy father after he bestows thanks and blessings upon the group;

"Our thanks Tim... Or is it Tom? I forget. No matter... As Master Quickhand has stated a chance to warm our bones and slake our thirsts would be welcomed when we return..."

The diabolist smiles thinly before continuing in his soft, dry tone;

"However in the meantime any rations for the trail that could be spared from your humble stores would be graciously received... Rescuing children feeds the spirit, but alas not the stomach..."

On a seperate note GM-Fang: Did you clarify the loot from the 2 Gobs and Bugbear we dropped?


@Albrekt: They don't have treasure per say, just their gear, and ears, I guess. BB: hide armor, shield and morningstar. Gobs: Leather armor, scimitar and shortbow.

"Foodstuffs? I'm sure there's something in the larder, but nothing proper. The womenfolk been staying in town these last few days, in case things wasn't safe. We've been spending the nights in town as well. We was just thinking to make for town when you showed up."

"You should come in with us and we'll set you up right."

Assuming you fast travelled, and since you had a ranger with you, it took about 6 hours of travel to get here. So you can't make it back to the goblin camp today, unless you do a forced march, the rules of which I have looked up. For every additional hour after 8 of traveling, you need to make a constitution save, base DC is 11, +1 for each additional hour.

As such, it's unlikely that you will be getting back to the camp before tomorrow. Ultimately, it all depends on where you want to sleep tonight.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

I'm okay with using some of the farmsfolk hospitality before we head out.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@GM-Fang: (cough) Vhaezil (cough) ;) No worries - thought the swag would be standard fare. We can lug it back when we're done with the dungeon.

Vhaezil nods;

"Hunger is the best spice."

The diabolist maintains his thin smile and soft tone;

"And perhaps some other minor items; sacking and torches? Only if you can spare them..."

Persuasion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole stares back towards their ultimate destination, shrugs, and looks at Rhys.

Well, I guess an Ale or two and a warm bed do sound good. But, we run the risk of losin' the trail of the enemies we left alive.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl is overjoyed that the girl seems happy with her return to the family, and doubly so at the joy of her family in having her back. Also a bit relieved that the responsibility of caring for has shifted away from him.

He takes the father aside for a moment, and recounts the horrors that she's been through, and that it might be a good idea to consult a healer. He's worried that nightmares might plague her for a long time.

"Foodstuffs would be greatly appreciated... and yes torches or an old lantern".

Daryl then turns to his friends... "I'm a bit confused... are we going back to explore the ruins we found, or trailing the group that left. I promised that we would let them leave in peace... which technically we did, but I cannot go back on my word and attack them just because they are evil. If we find that they've attacked or kidnapped others we can intervene, but we got the girl back unharmed in exchange for letting them leave unmolested. What is our goal"?

I don't know if Lichen is interested, but perhaps just before he rests for the evening he could cast his Goodberries spell. Each berry not only heals 1-hp of damage, but also provides a day's sustenance, which would eliminate the need for carrying a lot of food. They only last 24 hours, so I wouldn't use more than one slot... and then only if the slot's are not being used for something else. I think a wand of Goodberry would be a fabulous magic item :-).


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Your words served their purpose. I thought we were exoloring the ruins, then maybe goin' after the bad guys. I did not think any of you would have an isdue chasin' these creatures down, eventuslly. Maybe I was wrong?

I can provide sufficient food for us with my Natural Explorer ability. In my experience, Wands of Cure Wounds were one of the items that ruined earlier versions of D&D. Having healing at such disposal, even if only Goodberry, is really not consistent with the flavor of 5E. Having said that, it is obviously the DM's call.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

"You are right Daryl, we agreed to leave them alone at the ruins but I believe we did so in self preservation. The skull they carried seemed to be some ancient kith or kin of yours no? I would seek the hospitality of our friends here and then hope to search the ruins for whatever information we can gather. At that point stopping these ritualists causing any further harm to other may be a priority to us."

Shrugging Zask heads off in the direction of the townsfolk,

"For now a warm fire is enough...

Lichen previously stated if he was able to he would always use his goodberry spell at the beginning of a rest


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys' stomach growls and suddenly all of the walking of the last few days descends on him like a sodden bag of sand.

"A rest and some warm food....the cave will wait for us, and I'm sure that group will be leaving some trail behind, carting that icon around..." he says, his voice tired.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

"I will concur with the majority. To be rested and prepared for the trials and tribulations ahead of us seems wise. The gyr will wait and we can be better prepared to deal with them."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

I could still use a good night's sleep. Lichen adds. 2, if you would like me to start with both a bag full of good berries and spells.


@Vhaezil: Total brainfart there. Next thing you know I'll be referring to you as Sverrir.

Re: Goodberry use: If Lichen wants to devote a spell slot to feeding the party, that's fine. The CLW wands being problematic in past editions is a good point, but in 5e you regain all your hit points after a long rest, so really doesn't matter that much. Also, looking over the rules, starvation rules in 5e are pure garbage, so I'm going to revise them for this game. As written, Cole only needs to eat every 6th day, so pretty much 1 goodberry a week and he's good to go.

The father listens to Daryl's description of the events and looks grimly at the scars on his daughter. "If only you'd gotten to her soon, perhaps none of this would have happened." He stops his criticism and shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. If it wasn't for you, I would never have gotten her back at all."

After a brief moment for the Rose to change her clothes, the group hitches up the wagon and makes the long trek back into Jamison's Crossing. The town is even more crowded than before, as the ferry is still not repaired. Merchants have resorted to setting up tents in the green spaces around town.

The response to your arrival is electrifying, with many of the townsfolk putting together an impromptu celebration in the townhall. It's nothing fancy, but you are definitely the heroes of the day and your backs are slapped most heartily. Even Vhaezil's presence is tolerated, if not as celebrated as the rest of you. Even the merchants seem somewhat impressed and you can help but notice small sums of money exchanging hands, as bets are settled. At the end of it all, Tom comes over to you with a hooded lantern. "I know it ain't much, but please take it, with my deepest thanks."

Though the town is packed to the gills, room is found for you and you pass the night warm and dry. The next morning as you make preparations to start your day, you are approached by a well dressed gnome.(Passive insight DC12: He's been waiting at the inn for the ferry for as long as any of you.)

"I hope this morning finds you well and interested in making a little coin. If you're willing to face goblins for free, I'm hoping you might be willing to do me a service of less risk and better pay."


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Night Before

Vhaezil keeps himself distant from the jocularity and celebration.

At an opportune moment he tries to gain a quiet word with Daryl;

"Draco. I would speak with you. Back in the donjon, did the hoch-coboli reveal anything of the nature of their sacred skull or its nature?"

@GM-Fang: Couple of questions - Is there any Imperial presence in the town? Additionally are we able to purchase any items/equipment?


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl feeling much better back in civilized lands follows Vhaezil to his quiet corner, and brings back a cold mug for his companion.

"Well despite some differences in opinion, I must say we handled that with aplomb". He hands the Sage one of the cold mugs and offers him a toast. "Did you have something you wished to speak with me about"?

After the question, Daryl's forehead wrinkles as he tries to think back... "Well of course the girl's safety was foremost in my mind, and I was fighting my urge to reach out and kill everyone in the room... But let me see... Ah yes now I remember. The Skull looked to be perhaps draconian or demonic from up close... and he mentioned the name "Dragotha"... means nothing to me. And then he said that she could have been so much more. I didn't stay around to chat after that. Offered him salvation he turned it down, then I returned with the girl. I think that's everything".

The big Dragonborn then take a deep draught of his ale. "You're a smart one. Any of that mean anything to you"?


@Vhaezil: There is no official imperial presence in town. If you are looking to offload the goblin ears, the innkeep will buy them at 80% (8sp a pair). He'll air dry them and sell them to the next imperial patrol that comes through. As for buying stuff, that depends on what you are looking for. The town has a drygoods store and a blacksmith, but they aren't stocked in 'adventure' gear. There is also a large number of merchants in town, so it is possible that some of them might be transporting what you are looking for.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3
GM Fanguar wrote:


Re: Goodberry use: If Lichen wants to devote a spell slot to feeding the party, that's fine. The CLW wands being problematic in past editions is a good point, but in 5e you regain all your hit points after a long rest, so really doesn't matter that much. Also, looking over the rules, starvation rules in 5e are pure garbage, so I'm going to revise them for this game. As written, Cole only needs to eat every 6th day, so pretty much 1 goodberry a week and he's good to go.

Was not my intent to use gooseberries for meals, though he could do that in an emergency. My idea is that since created berries last 24 hours any night that Lichen has spells remaining before he sleeps he will cast GoodBerry at least once. That gives the group berries until the next night and Lichen has his full set of spells the next day. Boodberries are not good combat healing but are the most efficient out off combat healing for our level.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3
GM Fanguar wrote:


The father listens to Daryl's description of the events and looks grimly at the scars on his daughter. "If only you'd gotten to her soon, perhaps none of this would have happened." He stops his criticism and shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. If it wasn't for you, I would never have gotten her back at all."

Lichen shoots Cole and Zask a quick "I told you so look", even though he has learned a lesson from his overly forces march. Still he regrets that he was not stout enough to make the trip and save the girl the night before.

Do we have someone tracking loot?


I put together a treasure list. The link is in the campaign blurb. This is a one time thing, as I expect you to track your own loot


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

I'm tracking loot in a more "organic" manner here: Inventarium et spolia detrahere (Loot & Inventory) - spreadsheets ain't my thing, so if someone wants to update GM-Fang's treasure list then have at it :)

@GM-Fang: Cool. We curious what we could (or could not) purchase/trade in town. Once we get the goblin loot back etc (hence Vhaezil's request for sacks earlier).

Night Before

Vhaezil smiles weakly as he returns the Dragonborn's toast, but takes but a sip of the beverage.

Of far more interest is the words Daryl speaks. The infernal sage's eyes glitter intensely as he listens and weighs the warriors account;

"Most interesting... "Dragotha"..."

Religion (to recognise significance of the name?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Mindful of the surrounding folk, the diabolist lowers his soft voice to a whisper;

"Draco.. The girl's scarification... There were words of infernal significance carved upon her skin. They suggested a blessing of purification... She may be marked, and such still in danger... Though in what manner is beyond my ken."


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole rises early and prepares for the return to the ruins and the potential trail of the enemy.

He hears the proposition of the newcomer, and addresses the Gnome.

Do tell. Explain the details. What is the job, and what is the pay?

How many Goodberries do we have, and are the remaining ones from yesterday still good? I also have 4 goblin ears.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

@Cole: 7 pairs of goblin ears mate (we're including the Bugbear's in that total)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Niiiiice...


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Lichen's look is not lost on Zask and had he the energy at the time perhaps he would have engaged, instead a fleeting thought crosses his mind briefly The sands of fate continue to fall Nature Walker.

Zask joins Cole and listens to the gnome's offer.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

@Vhaezil: The name doesn't mean anything in particular to you, but that isn't especially surprising, as you aren't an expert on the foci of goblinoid worship. You do have avenues of accessing more information, for a price....

Morning After:

The gnome smiles broadly at Cole's expression of interest. "The job couldn't be easier. I have a delivery that needs to be made, but due to the delay on the ferry, I no longer have the time to do so, as I have business elsewhere that needs to be attended to. I would like you to make this delivery to Eben the alchemist. He resides in the village of Thurmaster, which lies some days north of Blackburn. Couldn't be easier. As for the pay, 150gp for safe and timely delivery."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

That is a good amount for a delivery. Lichen notes. What will we be delivering and when must it be delivered?


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys doesn't really enjoy all of the attention he and the group gets on the return to the village, but resigns himself to it, using as an avenue to glean a bit more information about the goings on.

Investigation: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

When the gnome approaches the group, he listens carefully, also interested in such a high premium for a delivery...

Insight: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


@Rhys: Is there anything in particular you are trying to figure out in town? Re: The Delivery: There isn't anything particular nefarious about the offer. He does seem to be in a legitimate bind, so he is trying to entice you to take the contract. It really doesn't work out to that much per person per day. It's 150gp for the delivery, period, not per person.

"The package is a small chest of alchemical supplies. It needs to be delivered by the 30th" (Date is at the top. That's 17 days from now. Taking the main road through Blackburn would take 10 days. The more direct route would get you there in 6. This is once the ferry is fixed, of course.)

"Does this sound like something any of you would be interested in?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Aye. I could help with that. Lichen says as he eyes the others in the group to gauge their interest. Might you show us what alchemicals we are carrying and tell us how fragile the contents are?


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Right, and we have some other matters to handle. Your deadline for delivery should give us the time to do both.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

To his companions Zask offers a shrug, "A bit of extra coin couldn't hurt in everyone's journeys ahead I'm sure. As Cole stated though we do have some other matters to follow up on."

Zask is ready to head back to the tomb and resupply in town on the way back for delivery

401 to 450 of 1,619 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.