GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


201 to 250 of 1,619 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole will use a HD with a short rest.

HD: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

He will also take the Goodberry. I am not sure of the effect.

Cole looks to the others.

At the last abandonned camp, that I think ya'll saw, the girl's tracks stopped, and gobbies continued t'here. They seemed more weighed down. We wondered if they carried the girl or gold for an exchange of her.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil stoically eyes the others as the group are reunited.

He addresses them in his typical soft, deadpan tone;

"All in one piece I see. Bravo. I was sure at least one of you would have succumbed to the coboli."

The diabolist adds his own ghoulish flavour to Cole's assessment;

"There was no blood, hence it is unlikely they have eaten the neonate. Although terriculamenta... bugbears would be capable of swallowing whole a creature the size of small child or halfling perhaps..."

He leaves the comment hanging, but his flat eyes look to Zask.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl look up inquisitively at the sage. "The gods watch over those who do what is right. It is strange to me that you would expect otherwise".

Goodberries heal 1 hp each, and give a days nutrition.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Having forgotten about the berry, Erlmander will offer it up to the wounded Cole.

"I am not sure if it will help or not, but you are most welcome to this berry if it can assist with your healing."


@Erlmander/all: Depending on whether Cole had his short rest before or after you reconnected it would have been 5 or 6 hours watching the camp before the others arrived. Regardless, it's been 6 hour total. Lichen and Daryl would still need another 2 hours to get the benefits of a long rest. It's currently ~4pm.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

After hearing the observations of the forward team and looking at the condition of the party,

"We must strike quickly but with caution friends, when we are able we should move against these creatures. We dispatched what must have been a scouting party, two wolves, two goblins farther down the trail. When Cole gives word that he is prepared, I vote we move in."

Zask gives Vhaezil a little smile before forcefully planting his quarterstaff in the earth in front of him and settling into a meditative position,

"When I was your age, I too had fear for the terrors of the night,"

Holding his battered and calloused hands before him in reflection

"if only such things remained in the darkness we may not find ourselves in this current situation."

Settling in while the others rest and closing his eyes Zask's train of thought continues, "Perhaps those that serve the nightmares may have more nefarious intentions than we might assume... or they seek to become one themselves..."

Good to see everyone up and running again. As the conversation of the plan moves ahead Zask's vote is to strike as soon as we are able.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole takes the additional berry from Erlmander.

Thank you. I feel almost hale. Let's get after them.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

At the respective comments from first Daryl, then Zask the diabolist smiles thinly;

"Draco. I do not expect the gods to do anything. My faith in them and their fickle ministrations has long since waned."

Vhaezil eyes the halfling with an almost curious expression;

"Fear the dark Master Quickhand? Perhaps. For I know what truly lurks in the ink of shadow, and the deep places of this plane. Goblins and their ilk are but trifling creatures when compared to true Fiends..."

He too settles in, ready for those more righteous to lead the way.


Forgot Vhaezil's question regarding goblin/wolf loot

#Lootz 1: leather armor x2, Scimitar x2, Shortbows x2, arrows x40 ( 2 quivers). The Empire offer a bounty on monsters, for goblins its 10s per pair of ears. The wolves could be skinned for their pelts, (DC10 Dex) for 5gp each (they will spoil in a couple of days without proper tanning).


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Not Survival to skin?


Cole Hillman wrote:
Not Survival to skin?

Sure, that seems a reasonable alternative.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Erlmander seems refreshed and ready to move on, but looks towards his friends before speaking.

"We have had an unfortunate night of tracking and my companions have suffered. If possible can we wait a few more hours, or do you deem it necessary to move immediately? If so, we will need to shelter our weary friends from the brunt of the battle. From here I could probably kill on of the gyr before it knew what was happening. If quick enough I might even get to shots off before an alarm was sounded."


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"I am ready to fight at any time, however maybe we can position ourselves to fight with the sun at our backs nearing sunset. This would give them a disadvantage due to the sun being in their eyes. I'm also not a fan of a frontal attack, as we know not what lurks within their lair. They might have the girl in there, and simply kill her when the attack begins... or if things get desperate".

The big Dragonblood then rises to his feet stretching out a kink in his shoulder.

"Perhaps we wait and ready ourselves for a couple of hours, then just before sunset, we set up a frontal attack... as a distraction. When they charge from their lair then we can hit them with flanking attacks, and quickly take the strength of their position away from them".

Daryl is ready to fight either way, but if there is no drawback to waiting for another 2 hours till he is rested, then we might as well wait. If the gig is up before then it really doesn't change things.

@ Cole: I believe that you were given a berry as well, so between the one Daryl gave you and the one Erlmander just gave you, you should be full, and have a berry in reserve if needed.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

In my opinion, and in the spirit of honesty, the only reason that we would sit here for another two hours is because we know that it's only two more hours until a long rest. Daryl and the forward team were very driven to find this girl pushing themselves to exhaustion, now reunited and reinforced i can't see them wanting to sit down for another two hours here. We should move in.

Zask stirs from his meditation and lurches to his feet at the words of the Dragonborn,

"We've given these filth long enough to rest, and with their companions slaughtered not moments ago they may become suspicious of their extended absence. They small ones don't seem to intelligent but that large one seemed to have a brain behind his ears. We must strike before our advantage vanishes.

Would like to get a layout of what we see from the GM to formulate an attack plan, sounds like only a frontal approach is possible though. Also how long do we have until change of guard, that's the only reason I could justify waiting to move in if it was close to a guard change.

Freeing his quarterstaff from its resting place Zask readies himself to move with the steam,

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

A roll for stealth if the team agrees to move onward.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Back at the goblin fight...

Survival Wolf Skin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Cole, bleeding profusely, sets to work on skinning tje wolf that nearly took out his throat. He expertly removes the skin and places it over his pack to dry as they move on.

Currently at the camp...

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Cole nods to Zask and Daryl, draws his Battle Axe, and creeps forward to the closest enemy, attempting to get to the bugbear sooner rather than later.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Fine. I mentioned Daryl would go at any time, but before dismissing the remainder of the strategy, maybe we consider something besides just blundering in the front door???

"I don't know why we don't try to draw them out in the open to fight, but if this is your cultures strategy, then, Ok let's go".


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil eyes Zask and Cole warily as they creep off toward the goblins, then nods curtly in agreement at the big dragonborn's words;

"Draconatu. You show scaled wisdom in exercising caution. Drawing them out and away from their lair would seem somewhat prudent. Alas a more direct approach is favoured..."

The diabolist retrieves his cinder-kissed scroll and grips it;

"My infernal magicks have a long reach. I intend to use that."

How far are we from the front of the lair?


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

"Humans are always in a hurry. So be it, give me a sigh and I will try to take out two of the gyr before they can join in the fray."


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Unless I am missing something, there are 4 outside, except the Bugbear, and they change out periodically. A stealthy aporoach to kill the 4 out front right after a change of the guard is probably the best we can do. That will certainly draw out the rest if not accomplished quickly and silently, like we are attempting. If successful, we can aporoach the interior in the same fashion.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

I agree, the four guards have to die before we either go in or formulate a plan to draw them out


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Rhys raises an eyebrow to the elf, "Not all humans," he says, bending his bow to re-string it.

Satisfied with the result, he knock an arrow and takes up position to assist the others in the assault on the goblin guards...


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"If stealth is the plan, then I will stay back here till necessary... because I'm anything but stealthy".


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3
Daryl the Pious wrote:

"Wait! I almost forgot". Daryl digs into the pouch hanging at his waist.

"Take this. I believe that Lichen said that it would help a bit. And if I remember right, he gave you one as well".

Daryl hands his wrinkled goodberry to the man.

I don't believe it's been 24 hours since we split up, so they should still be good. BTW Goodberry is a great spell in 5E. Not only do they heal a HP, but give nourishment for a day. Keeps from having to carry all those nasty tasting trail rations.

Alas that spell was not cast when we split up but the night before so the berry is not longer enchanted.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen looks exhausted but offers I could do a little healing but if you are going in now I will not me much use and might as well stay out here. I now see no reason to rush in.

Two levels of exhaustion here, mostly due to not understanding the rules. Not really interested in going in until he is rested OR the situation changes.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Looking over at Rhys the elf give the human a flat stare before he to readies his bow and takes aim at one of the wolves.

Ready to go if this is what we are doing...


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

As Zask creeps closer to the edge of the clearing and takes in the scene, his human companion crouched in low beside him, and the others ready to strike he does take note of the apprehension of our tired druid and of our large scaled friend.

In a whispered voice, "We won't be able to be on top of them in time. If our ranged companions can take out all three quickly we could hold the entrance while Lichen regains his strength."

If were not concerned about the girl anymore I'm happy to wait. If her safety is still the motivation we should move


Advance party completes their long rest. Daryl, Erlmander and Lichen reduce their exhaustion levels by 1

You decide to wait a little longer before moving to strike. As dusk approaches you notice a little more activity around the fire. Even from that distance you can see that something has got the camp agitated. Even the wolves seems more on edge and pace about.

Passive Insight DC12:
You imagine that the goblin patrol was expected to return before now.

Currently, there are Randomizer: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 only a pair of goblins and the wolves visible outside.

I've put together a map, so you can look at it. It's in the campaign description.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

As the party makes their preparations, Daryl Checks his weapons, hanging his warhammer within easy reach, and taking a javelin in hand. Standing firm and tall, he addresses the group. "We have had our differences, and probably will continue to do so... but now is the time for us to come together. Let us plan, and use our god given abilities to effect the best results. Know that whatever the outcome, I've been blessed to know each of you, and hopefully we'll raise a mug together to celebrate success and the return of the girl".

"As you can see, I'm not a quiet person, so take your actions first, and when I see the fight has begun I will charge forward into action. Bare in mind that I shall immediately dash into the cave to look for the girl when you plan your actions, but I shall remain here and quiet until it's time to take action".

Perhaps we should type out our standard watch, melee, magic, travel, and ranged actions for inclusion in the campaign info tab. It would help the GM if he needs to bot our characters, as well as give the others a taste of our strategy plans so we don't step on each others toes, and know what to expect???


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

After completing the long rest Lichen spends some time in meditation with nature and then stands with less shaky legs and quietly announces I am still tired, but think I am now fit enough to continue.

Any healing action he might do now depends on if he has all his spell slots back and if he was able to create Goodberries before his long rest. He'd like to try Animal Friendship on a wolf and maybe even Beast Bond to have a fighting ally for this set of encounters but he only has 2 first level spells.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil watches the goblins and smiles coldly;

"They seem vexed. Perhaps missing their fellow cobali and wolf steeds that lie in a ditch..."

The diabolist tips his hooded head toward the mound and lair entrance;

"So pray tell. How do we do this? My infernal magic can scour them from here. I'd wager a soul that the Dryadalem and Master Tamm can mark their hides at this range with bow and arrow..."

You notice at the mention of Dryadalem he angles his attention toward Erimander.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask notices the tension within his ranged allies and feels a rush of inspiration after Daryl's speech.

"We seem at the ready.. Glancing sidelong at Cole, "I plan to move myself into striking distance, using that large hill as a vantage point to the north for when our gifted companions strike from the bush. Acknowledging the others, if they see me strike fast."

Zask places fist in palm saluting his friends and begins to pad silently into the glade, keeping out of line of sight of the camp.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Reaching the hill he moves up onto it, waiting for sounds and signs of action from his companions as a cue.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Once in position Zask crouches low, quarterstaff in hand he lets out a low controlled breath, steadying his heart and focusing his mind.

I've gone ahead and moved Zask's token GMF to help make my intent known


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Same plan Zask...Assuming we can use our stealth rolls above to move in using the mound to hide line of site to us, I think Zask and I can sneak up there and get things started with ranged support from the rest. Anyone else is welcome to come along.

Come Zask, we can go now.

Cole looks to the others.

When we attack or are discovered, let loose.

Cole hefts his axe, nods to Zask, crouches low and begins to move towards the side of the mound.

@GM:How many rounds will it take us to get into melee range, and do you require additional stealth rolls?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Erlmander looks over at Vhaezil as he calls him Dryadalem.

"In my own tongue we are called the Dylvan. Is yours in the corrupt tongue of the abyss? I would prefer you not speak to me in such a vulgar language, if you would please."

Erlmander once again concentrates on firing at the further of the two wolves.

"The far vulg is mine. My bow can strike father than your shorter one", he says to Rhys.


@Cole: Looking at the rules, it seems that one roll is sufficient until you do something, so as long as you are out of line of sight, you are fine. I've moved you over by Zask's token.

Initiative rolls:

Cole: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Cole: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Rhys: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Zask: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Vhaezil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Lichen: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Erlmander: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Daryl: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Gobs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Wolves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Combat Order
Rhys
Wolves
Zask
Lichen
Goblins
Erlmander
Cole
Vhaezil
Daryl

Looks like people want to get this thing started. You have a surprise round to act. Everyone is up.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Surprise Round

Cole motions forward to Zask, then quickly approaches and attacks the goblin directly before him.

BA Att: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
BA Dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Erlmander lets loose with his first shot at the wolf.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Attack (Adv): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Damage (crit): 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 7) + 2 = 15


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl will wait till all of his comrades have acted, then charge forward with a roar, javelin ready to throw. Full move


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Before combat
Lichen hands out a Goodberry to everyone, keeping two for himself for now. He then asks If possible please target the goblins first and the wolves last. I would spare them if I could and will try to charm one if I can get close enough. But do not endanger yourselves in this effort. If then attack you then by all means defend yourselves.

Oh his turn Lichen moves forward in a careful double move.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Surprise Round

Rhys steps to the edge of the woods and draws a bead on the nearest goblin, taking a moment to guage any breeze on the trees close to where his target was standing...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Do we have advantage ? if so...
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


If your enemy is unaware of you when you attack, you have advantage. This usually only applies if you are attacking from a hidden position, so a surprise round doesn't always result in advantage. Shooting an arrow in this case definitely does.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask follows Cole's lead and assaults the rear unassuming goblin, arching his quarterstaff above the nape of the neck Zask attempts to dispatch his foe...

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

In quick succession he follows up with his fist

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Surprise Round

Vhaezil moves forward with purpose, hissing an infernal incantation in his dull, monotone voice;

"Eldritch summa industria, acri carpere potentiam tuam, et gloriam meam!"

Infernal:

"Energy most eldritch, scour my foes with thine power!"

As the diabolist utters his fell words, the edges of his clutched scroll glow with a crimson light then spirals toward the distant goblin illuminated by its camp fire:

Eldritch Blast (Ranged Spell Attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Advantage: Eldritch Blast (Ranged Spell Attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Damage (Force): 1d10 ⇒ 2


The goblins go down in a spray of blood and gore, and Erlmander takes out one of the wolves with a shot through the heart.

End of surprise round, start of round 1. Rhys is up.


I normally don't like to bot people, but in the interest of keeping momentum, and the fact I'm pretty sure of what Rhys would do, I'm going to now.

Rhys moves forward and fires at the remaining bow. Pew: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7, but this time his shot sails wide.

The last remaining wolf lets out a howl at the loss of its pack mate and moves to attack Zask.

Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

Everyone is up.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Round 1

Cole moves in quickly and attacks the wolf heading towards Zask.

BA Att: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
BA Dam: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Round 1

Vhaezil continues to more forward, ever closer to the melee and lair mouth.

Spying the lone wolf still standing the warlock halts, smiling coldly before once again muttering the fell infernal incantation;

"Eldritch summa industria, acri carpere potentiam tuam, et gloriam meam!"

And once again in response the scorched scroll glows in a crimson light before spiralling toward the wolf:

Eldritch Blast (Ranged Spell Attack): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Critical Hit!

Critical Damage (Force): 2d10 ⇒ (9, 3) = 12


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Acting before Cole or Vhaezil Cole tries to charm the wolf, moving closer first to do so.

Casts Animal Friendship. I believe the DC is 14 Wisdom.

Animal Friendship:

1st level enchantment

Casting Time: 1 action

Range: 30 feet

Components: V, S, M (a morsel of food)

Duration: 24 hours

This spell lets you convince a beast that you mean it no harm. Choose a beast that you can see within range. It must see and hear you. If the beast’s Intelligence is 4 or higher, the spell fails. Otherwise, the beast must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be charmed by you for the spell’s duration. If you or one of your companions harms the target, the spell ends.

If he succeeds he calls out to his group that the animal is no longer under the control of the goblins and now is a friend.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Looks like Lichen and i posted at the same time, I obviously do not attack if he succeeds in charming the wolf.

Reeling from the gouge left by the bite Zask counter attacks,

Attack if Wolf Lives:

Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Crit!
Dmg: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 9

Fist: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

As the enemies are dispatched in mere moments Zask turn to face the entrance of the Den, listening for footsteps

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Cole be on guard, more may be on their way now."

Zask wraps a piece of cloth around his wound, drops of crimson blood saturating it quickly and settles into a ready stance.


Ahem...

Vhaezil Fællanbóc wrote:
GM Fanguar wrote:
@Vhaezil: I believe that your spell attack bonus is +6, not +8 (+2 for proficiency, +4 from CHA bonus). It doesn't change anything from your attacks, but please fix for the future (assuming I'm not missing something)

Check that boss. My bad - now fixed.

Wis: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Lichen calls out to the wolf, but with its nostrils full of the smell of fresh blood it shakes off the enchantment.

The remainder to the party make short work of the animal.

For the moment, there are no enemies at hand. Now that you are closer, you can see that the path from the forest leads directly to a dark opening into the side of the hill. Sod and soil have been cut away to reveal an entrance of well fitted marble blocks and a set of stairs that leads into the darkness. Whatever this place is, it isn't your typical goblin bolt hole.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Thanks for the bot, GM. :D

Rhys trots up to where the goblins and wolves had fallen, a arrow knocked on his bow, looking about for any threats.

Seeing none, he pull his arrow back and places it back in it's quiver, giving the stairs in the hill a look.

"Now that is unexpected." he says dryly.

201 to 250 of 1,619 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.