GMF's 5e Extravaganza (Inactive)

Game Master Fanguar

Current Day: Marduk's Day, 42nd day of Blossoms (Day 33)

Current Combat Map


101 to 150 of 1,619 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Zask spends half his night in meditation and half in sleep. Although at peace with his own thoughts Vhaezil's troubles seem to seep into his own. Perhaps Zask has something to offer this young man along the way....


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole wakes in the barn at the crack of dawn. He stretches and steps outside to relieve himself. He returns to eat some rations as he wakes the others.

Come now, we must get on the trail.

Cole heads to the marker whete he last left the trail. He collects the trap, and sets back to work, being careful to note the prints of his humanoid friends whp attempted to carry on last night.

Survival Goblins: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Survival Humanoids: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Survival Humanoids Adv: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil rises early, colecting his almost dry cassock and armour.

As he dons his garb it is noticeable that upon the diabolist's pale body there are several symbols burned or branded into his flesh, and his entire skin is marred with countless tiny fine cut scars.

Finishing off the rations gifted to him by Cole the previous night, Vhaezil checks his equipment, stows his ornate scroll and follows the ranger's lead.

As they begin their trudge the warlock mirthlessly brings up their absent companions;

"So will this be a reunion or a rescue W wonder?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Elated that they have found some camp Lichen checks it to look for clues and try to determine how long ago it was abandoned.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Erlmander joins Lichen as he searches the campsite.

"Lets see if we can figure out who was here and how long ago they may have left.'

Assist Lichen (Sorry I forgot do I roll or is it just a flat number?


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Depending on the DC many times it will be better for both of us to roll and not assist each other.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Ok, I will roll...just did not want to confuse things by rolling when I did not have to...did not have my books with me!

Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

hmm. Thinking it through perhaps a kind GM will allow Lichen to continue to use the rolls he had rolled earlier when I thought he still has disadvantage. Also, if its ok, along the way Lichen will be breaking branches, scraping his feet, and the like to make tracking them more easy.


@Lichen:All your skill rolls are currently at disadvantage due to exhaustion.

Erlmander, Daryl and Lichen cast about the campsite. Erlmander sees a glitter of something metallic way at the back of one of the makeshift shelters.

DM Dice:

E=1, L=2 D=3
1d3 ⇒ 3

Suddenly, there is a crunch beneath one of Daryl's feet, as he steps into a small spike filled pit. Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 DC12 Ref save for half and please make a Con save Peering inside, you see that the small pit is filled with small, carved wooden spikes, each covered in what can only be goblin feces.

@Lichen: To determine how long ago the camp was abandoned would be an insight check. I'll Roll: Insight Dis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 Insight Dis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5. You can tell that this was a camp that was used and then abandoned sometime in the past.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 DEX Save

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 CON Save

"Balz and Blazes! Dag nab gobby's! Watch your step boys, they've laid out some traps"!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Are you ok Daryl? What is that on the sticks..eww..is that goblin s#$t? You best clean that wound out right away before you catch some sort of goblin filth fever!"

Erlmander prods ahead of where he is going with his longbow, hoping to avoid the same difficulties that befell poor Daryl.


Poking the ground in front of him, Erlmander finds several other suspect spots.

Is anyone going to crawl into the shelter to check out the "something metallic"?


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Just wanted to make sure the way was clear!

Marking the suspicious areas as he goes, Erlmander carefully approaches the shelter, getting down to try and get a better look in the building.


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Shrugging as his idea of a watch was ignored, Rhys retires. However, he does rise halfway through then night, taking a look outside at the moonlit countryside.

Many a time he'd looked out at the cityscape of Rostock or other cities under this same moon, but this felt alien to him. Shuddering from a chill up his spine, he retired for the second time that night.

Rising in the morning, a quick stretch and gulping down of some rations, he grabs his gear and hurries after the purposeful Cole.

Trudging alongside the Diabolist, he answers the rhetorical question, "Perhaps a bit of both? "

He then set his mind to matching the pace set by the woodsman and they followed the combined trail of goblins and goblin pursuers...


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Breathing hard and sweating despite the cold Lichen admits Friends, I am exhausted. I hate to admit that I may not be fit to go on. If we find no sign that the query is near I think we had better rest for a few hours. It hurts my heart to say it but this challenge might too great for me.


Erlmander wrote:

Just wanted to make sure the way was clear!

Marking the suspicious areas as he goes, Erlmander carefully approaches the shelter, getting down to try and get a better look in the building.

Approaching the shelter, you see that a thick layer of pine boughs have been laid down as bedding. Near the back, you see the dull glint of an iron or maybe steel object poking through the bedding. It's mostly covered by the boughs, so it's hard to tell what it is from the entrance.

Lichen the Wanderer wrote:
Breathing hard and sweating despite the cold Lichen admits Friends, I am exhausted. I hate to admit that I may not be fit to go on. If we find no sign that the query is near I think we had better rest for a few hours. It hurts my heart to say it but this challenge might too great for me.

Tough situation, as if you want a long rest now, the other party will probably leapfrog you before you are done your own rest. That being said, if you do decide to rest now and interrupt it when the rest of the party catches up, I won't make you roll another CON save for staying up all night. Won't be able to clear your current exhaustion level, though.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Using his bow, Erlmander moves some of the boughs to try and uncover whatever is glinting in the shelter. He keeps to the entrance of the structure and uses his bow to poke and prod the tree limbs.

"After seeing how the little monsters trapped this camp site, I am unwilling to take anything at face value. Until I have determined if this is something of worth, or just another trap, please stay back. We can talk about resting shortly."


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3
GM Fanguar wrote:


Tough situation, as if you want a long rest now, the other party will probably leapfrog you before you are done your own rest. That being said, if you do decide to rest now and interrupt it when the rest of the party catches up, I won't make you roll another CON save for staying up all night. Won't be able to clear your current exhaustion level, though.

It all depends on what we find in the camp. If there is some indication that the camp was just abandoned, like coals in the fire or the like, or some other reason to believe we are close, then Lichen would want to push on. If not, Lichen will want to rest until he is not fatigued. That was a tough initial fatigue roll for a first level character. Lichen had a 70% chance of failing it.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Yep, Exhaustion is a bad thing...especially for low level PCs in 5e. I have to admit, my experience with the mechanic tempered my decision to press on overnight.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

And of course I had no idea what it even meant. Still unsure why it was a factor so early in the search.


@Lichen: A DC15 skill check is medium skill challenge, regardless of level, also you would have failed a DC3 check soooo..... It was applied because I decided that spending 5 hours in the cold and the rain at the end of the day was exhausting. As mentioned above, you can't determine when the camp was abandoned. You can tell that this is not a permanent camp,

Realizing that nothing should be taken at face value when dealing with goblin, Erlmander pushes at the boughs covering the floor. Little to his surprise, he finds that they cover a shallow pit. Peering inside, he sees that instead of being lined with spikes this one a snake coiled up at the bottom of it. A little more prodding reveals that the shiny object is a broken knife blade, polished brightly on one side, obviously designed to a serve as a lure.

Anywho, are you pressing on, or going to wait for the others?


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Damn these gobs are sneaky. Liking it immensely.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Daryl sits on a log and cleans his wound as best he can, then refastened his boots, and limps over to where the others are exploring.

"I've got a score to settle with these guys. Do we know which way they went? I'd hoped to find more signs of them... or the girl, but they haven't had much rest either".

"I'm ready to press on if you two are".


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3
GM Fanguar wrote:

@Lichen: A DC15 skill check is medium skill challenge, regardless of level, also you would have failed a DC3 check soooo..... It was applied because I decided that spending 5 hours in the cold and the rain at the end of the day was exhausting. As mentioned above, you can't determine when the camp was abandoned. You can tell that this is not a permanent camp,

Realizing that nothing should be taken at face value when dealing with goblin, Erlmander pushes at the boughs covering the floor. Little to his surprise, he finds that they cover a shallow pit. Peering inside, he sees that instead of being lined with spikes this one a snake coiled up at the bottom of it. A little more prodding reveals that the shiny object is a broken knife blade, polished brightly on one side, obviously designed to a serve as a lure.

Anywho, are you pressing on, or going to wait for the others?

Hmm. I was still thinking that someone else could try to determine how long ago the camp was abandoned. Makes sense that there might be more than one way to determine it even. You rolled for Lichen, right? So does that mean no one else can roll? I don't think in this case that Lichen would have been the best candidate to roll as he is not trained and was exhausted.


Lichen wrote:
Lichen checks it to look for clues and try to determine how long ago it was abandoned.

Based on what I posted in the Discussion board, Erlmander or Daryl would have helped, so it wouldn't have been at a disadvantage, but not that it matters in this case. So that party doesn't know how long ago that camp was abandoned.

There's no heat to the fire pit, which doesn't mean much in this weather, but there's nothing to say whether they abandoned it 3 hours ago or 10 hours ago. Considering the abduction took place 12 hours ago, one would assume that it was abandoned less than 12 hours ago.

Seems like the consensus is to more on

Survival (Erlmander aiding): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 You follow the trail for another hour, as dawn breaks, so does the weather and the rain stops. Environmental penalty on tracking removed. Makes more sense for Lichen to aid Erlmander to give advantage.

Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 or Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
But unfortunately you lose the trail.

Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 or Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
After backtracking you find it again (-1 hr)

Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 or Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
After another hour you climb up an embankment onto what appears to be an ancient road, heavily overgrown. The trail turns here to follow the road.

Meanwhile, back at the farm...

Rested and rejuvenated, you move to follow the trail of your companions. Approaching the woods, in the daylight, you can see a couple of patches where the foliage is starting to yellow. Going to investigate, you find several goblin sized blinds in place for observing the farm fields.

Cole easily picks up the trail and his woodcraft gives you an easier time moving through the undergrowth.

Everyone mark off 1 ration. I'm just going to track this from the start of every day.

Cole:
Looking at the goblin tracks, you see that 6 of them started this way 15 hours ago.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

As long as the road is clear and Cole is able Zask will continue to follow his lead as he does not have much to offer in the tracking department


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole continues tracking the goblins and humans, but when the trail of his companions deviates, he stays with the goblins and sold human girl trail.

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Survival Adv: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Human Rogue 2 HP:15/15 AC: 14 Str: +0 Dex:+5 Con:+1 Int+5 Wis +0 Cha -1 Passive Perception 17, passive Investigation 17

Huffing and puffing behind Cole, Rhys increases his speed to come up alonside the tracker, "What to think about those blinds we found. The goblins must have been watching for some time..."

Rhys knows nothing about hunting and tracking, but in the city , those that watch always want something.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole stays focused on the trail, but he answers Rhys without taking his eyes off of the markings and scat left by the quarry.

Yep. They likely were planning their attack for awhile. There may be more to the kidnapping of the girl than just carrying off some booty. I wonderin' what the reason was?


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"So I guess we just follow this road now? And I'm hungry".


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

"Yup, just as I thought...another trap! They must have had a reason to trap this entire area! Anyway, shall we continue, or do you need rest?"


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

"Of course I need rest... but if the Goblins aren't resting, then I'm not either".


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

"Well then, lets continue."


tracking dice rolls:

Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 or Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 or Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 or Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 or Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
4 hrs to trail

Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 or Survival (Lichen aiding): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Cole:

Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 or Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 or Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 or Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
3 hrs to road:

Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12 or Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 or Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 or Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 or Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

4 hrs to trail:
Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 or Tracking(adv): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Advance Party:

You follow the ancient road for several hours (4) before the trail leads off of it onto a worn path. The woods here are thinner, with a lot more underbrush. After about another hour along this path, Lichen hears voices coming from up ahead.

Please make another DC15 Con save, or gain another level of exhaustion. With the Adrenalin coursing through your veins from the thrill of catching your quarry, I'll give you advantage on the roll (will counteract the disadvantage of failing the first 1)

Rear party:

After following the trail for another hour, you come upon the remains of an abandoned camp. Several places have been marked and a couple of pit traps are visible from the camp's edge.

I've done all the remaining tracking rolls, so no need to make anymore. I'm just giving you an opportunity to RP. In game, it will be hours before you catch up to the other party members


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Con Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Just not my save... You will have to tell me what the next level means.

When he hears the voices Lichen stops in his tracks and listens.

Passive Perception is 21


Lichen the Wanderer wrote:

[dice=Con Save]1d20+1 Just not my save... You will have to tell me what the next level means.

When he hears the voices Lichen stops in his tracks and listens.

Passive Perception is 21

Next level is 1/2 movement speed.

Advantage/Disadvantage adds +5/-5 to passive checks, so 16. Which is still enough to hear the voices. The voices are in a tongue you do not recognize.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Fatigue shows on the druid's face as he pauses putting a finger to his lips and then points ahead. Can he determine the number of speakers?


Sure. You hear three different voices.


Human Fiend-Pact Warlock (Sage) 2 | HP: 19/19 | THP: 0/0 | AC: 14 | Prof. Bonus: +2 | Saves: Str+0, Dex+2, Con+3, Int+3, Wis+1, Cha+6 | Passive Perception 11 | Init +2 | Move: 30ft. | Modest Lifestyle (1gp/day)
Pact Magic:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast & Minor Illusion | 1st Level (2 slots): Hellish Rebuke, Command & Comprehend Languages

Vhaezil pushes on alongside his companions. When they arrive at the abandoned camp he eyes the surrounding area;

"Did any of our erstwhile company trigger the traps, or did they travel though untouched? I cannot discern anything."

At Cole's question he stoically mulls the possibilities, before commenting in his now familiar flat, soft voice;

"Perhaps the child is food for the journey. We have tack and jerky. Who knows what the coboli have a perchance for."


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Beware of the traps. We are on the right course. Let's press on.


Male Halfling Monk 2 AC: 17; HP 12/15; Ki 1/2; Passive Perception: 13; Init +4; Str +3, Dex +4, Con +1, Int -1, Wis +3, Chr +0; Saves: Str+5, Dex+6. Lucky. Lifestyle: 1gp/d; Goodberry 0/4

Peering into the triggered pitfall as he passes.

"Impressive tracking Cole, seems someone found themselves at the bottom of one of these. Even at our pace and in the light I see the road wearing us down. Our companions must not be fairing well ahead of us. Hopefully we reach them in good health!"

Gingerly avoiding the marked traps Zask carries onward with the party.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Grrr..ok, lets try this again!! I am either going to have 3 posts all together, or I hope one at least!!

Con Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Con Save (Adv.): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 CON Save

NOTE: Daryl is fatigued which is a disadvantage, but we get advantage from the Adrenaline, so I'm rolling normally.

Daryl groaning rises to his feet to give chase, and almost sits right back down. Finally he moves forward, his will forcing his feet to move, but not as quickly as he'd like.


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Lichen once again puts his finger to his lips and points ahead. He holds up three fingers and then motions for the group to fall back some and then circle around the voices.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Beginning to feel the effects of the chase, Erlmander none the less is still wanting to continue, and when Lichen motions them to silence, he readies his bow as the druid circles the area where the voice emanate.


Knowing your limitations, you fall back out of earshot and step off the trail to swing out wide to come in on the voices from an unexpected angle. Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

After some time, you guess that you've circled behind the voices, move move closer. The trees continue to thin, until in front of you, a small glade opens up. A few yougn trees dot it and in the center rises a small hill, which obscures you view. Keeping low, you slowly move around the hill until you catch sight of your quarry.

Looking at them at 90° to the path.

You can see that the path you had been on continues from the woods towards the hill. Several fallen stone pillars line the path, as it passes through the glade.

In front of the hill, you can see a trio of goblins standing around a cook-fire. Two are armed, but the third, who seems to mostly focused on the cook-pot, only has a dagger at his waist. You can also see a pair of wolves lounging nearby, one gnawing on a large bone.


Male Human Ranger (Soldier) Monster Slayer/3; AC: 18; HP: 26/26;Passive Perception 14; Init +3 (Adv); Saves: Str +6, Dex +5; HD Used 0/2

Cole continues to push forward, staying on the trail of the goblins and his newly met companions.

We are getting close, friends.


Eladrin (Elf) Male Fighter (Arcane Archer) 1; AC15 ; HP13/[13]; passive perception 13; passive insight 13; Init +2;

Erlmander readies his bow, but holds his shot, whispering to his companions.

"Shall we move against this trio? The wolves are worrying..but we need to take at least one alive to tell us where the girl is. What do you think?"


Male Human/Calishite Druid 2 || HP 15/15|| AC 14, || Str+2, Dex +0, Con +1, Int +5, Wis +6, Chr -1 || Passive Per. 21 Init +1 Spells per day = 3

Speaking quietly Lichen says If you do not attack the wolves and focus on the goblins I believe I can charm them. If you attack them though the charm will end. They will have to be within 30 feet of me though. My concern is ther the goblins will give some signal and more will come.


Male; HP 6 or 11/11; AC18; Init -1; STR+3, DEX-1, CON+1, INT +0, WIS +4, CHA+5; Fatigue Level - 1 Dragonborn Paladin / 1; LOH 5/5, Modest lifestyle (1-gp)

Barely able to keep his concentration, Daryl urges caution. "Let us observe for a while, and see if the girl makes an appearance. If she starts to go in the pot we attack, otherwise let's let caution rule".

101 to 150 of 1,619 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMF's 5e Campaign Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.