Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


3,551 to 3,600 of 14,076 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
Zalen Trafalgar, Quell Cleric wrote:

"Odd you say right at home in the Church of Quell, he was a bit aloof and didn't seem to want to go to the outskirts to fulfill your promise to your captain. If memory serves he tried to get Sath or was it Darius to join him on some sight-seeing. The potential weakening of your party in dangerous part of town you may recall." He sits there refectively for a brief second, "Certainly not characteristics of community and helping a fallen sailor's family. Charity for the poor and destitute did not ring in his spirit." He lets his insightful words sink in. " Of course, I wish I can help more with Harok but every spare coin I have for that endeavor takes away from the my aid to people in this community. I have limited resources both monetarily and in manpower."

Finally he states, "If the dragoon leadership permit it, I will seek audience, but their agenda may not warrant such a meeting."

One the voyage over here, he was the ships surgeon and worked tirelessly to keep the crew healthy and the passengers we were carrying. He has the personality of a doorknob, but that man cares alot for others, help him find a connection and you'll find him worth saving. His skills alone make him worth the effort. I am far too much of a bastard to put myself in danger for anyman, but don't let MY character flaws color your perception. See for yourself. I only ask that you try and if he leaves me looking like a fool for your efforts I'd kill him myself.

That was all Hawkins was going to get. Adriel's limited generosity was exhausted on the man. He'd sought a valuble member on the community to impeach on his behalf.
The padre had a better chance than some unknown adventurer.


"I will try."

do you want the lesser healing this evening or the better healing before dawn? He'll leave with you if you want the lesser healing options beacuse he has to get them from the chapterhouse.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Just waiting on the gir... the others. Maybe within the hour, if they agree.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna Leans back, listening to Adriel speak. The elf has a way with words. I could make him into a fine actor...

"Adriel speaks the truth. We've done what we could for the man, aside from seeking audience with the dragoons. Anything you do improves his chances at this point."

She sighs and sits up in her chair. "I'm starving. Let's get something to eat, then I need to change clothes if we're leaving tonight."

Sorrin seems intent on leaving tonight- I suppose it depends on how soon Falgor can get a guide for the group.


Evil GM

The cleric will give you the following potions that he has at his chapter house on hand:

CLW+5 2d8 ⇒ (8, 2) = 10
CMW+101d6 ⇒ 6

Falgor will have someone in about 2 hours time (10:00 pm), you spent about an hour talking at the Run Aground.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Just moving the action along. RP and talking is great... Action is sweeter.


Evil GM

There has been quite a bit of RP for this part of the group. You haven't had any real threats since the Sea Bear.

Unless someone wants to RP play it out, I'm fine with you all hand-waving what each of you found out and information sharing so far.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

[ooc] I'm cool. As it is I am having difficulty keeping Adriel in char with so manu chamces to help people. Let's go kill stuff [/b]b


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Fine with me!

So we get 10 cure light wounds potions and 6 cure moderate wounds potions?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Yeah, help him out... At best, he's CG. He just thinks CN is a bad boy, one of the cool kids with a better chance at getting some... "intimacy".

There's a Paladin, deep inside... yearning to come out.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I bet they smell blood in the air, too... Maybe, we bring some bait. Chum...

Sharks on land, crazy dreamings.. The young man shakes his head disbelieving.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna shrugs. "Shark-man. You'd be surprised how many half-human half-whatevers there are in this world... If there is some kind of murderous creature on the loose we'll find it, or it will find us. Regardless, we can handle it."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"It is very intriguing to track down and either catch or kill such a creature. One never knows what creatures the sea spits back out onto land."


Evil GM

The party gather's goes back to the Captain's Wheel has a quick bite to eat, changes their clothing (if necessary), and gather's their gear. when they are ready they head back to The Run Aground. The tavern is packed and the talk seems to be about the fighter Jin and spectacular knock out he did earlier in the day a the Broken skull.

"'eard he doesn't keep 'is winnings."

Another patron laughs, "I'd be knee deep in rye and women, if i could fight like that."

The crowd seems boisterous but behaved, certainly, not what most seaport taverns.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Falgor... nice crowd. What's the word?

Sorrin passes 10gp.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna changes into her rugged explorer's outfit, putting her hair up, taking off her makeup, and putting on her hat of disguise.

The half-elf raises an eyebrow at Sorrin as he passes along more gold. "Do you just bleed money? If you ever get shanked I'll be right there to help... with a bucket." She says jokingly.

The bard crosses her arms and waits for their guide, covering her mouth as she yawns widely. She was tired, but the potential excitement of the job was keeping her on her toes.


"Got y'a Capt and 'is..." he pauses , "sloop the Vintage. He's another crew wit 'im so he asks fer another 4 gold fer the round trip t'pay his man." He wipes the counter and takes the coin. "He's at the end of the bar...name's Capt Donovan Montogmery...lots of folks call him 'Shakes'"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

We can trust him to stick around?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna smiles at the news. "So we do have a ship- excellent work, Sorrin. I hope the Vintage is such in name only." She begins to walk over to the end of the bar to become acquainted with the man, letting Sorrin continue to foot the bill.

The half-elf approaches the captain, smiling as she leans on the bar "Captain Donovan Montogmery?"


Evil GM

Sitting at the end of bar is a human, holding a tankard and his hand trembles slightly. He was once handsome, but now his face sags from years of drink and his brown eyes are permanently bloodshot as he stares at the bottom of his cup. His hair has thinned and his clothes are patched and unkempt and show signs of rough life. A wild, filthy beard grows where once a trimmed goatee adorned his chin. He tips his drink back and his tongue traces the rim of mug as he longs for another one.


The dwarf shrugs and nods, "Captain Montgomery use t'be the best. It was said, 'If it floats, he can sail it.'" He continues to wipe the bar looking busy. "Pirates and smugglers use t'fear 'im cuz he could sniff out of any fog or cove and track 'em down." His eye brows raise, "times a change, but he's a guud guy."


Evil GM

The man looks in the general direction of the voice calling his name, his weathered bruised hands rub his face. "Who's askin', ain't got nothing to take if I owe y'money." He sighs, "I'll take a beatin' if you need dish it out but can't pay y'back just yet...soon though."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Fantastic. A washed-up drunkard will be piloting the vessel in the middle of the night. At least it's only a small ways down the coast, we can walk back if he runs or gets us lost.

The bard chuckles softly at his response, standing next to him and looking at the man. At least he's got gumption. "Evenin', Captain. We're the party requesting transport to Thumb's Reach. We're ready to depart as soon as possible."


Evil GM

He closes one eye that actually has a yellowish brown tint around it, sure sign that someone's knuckles made their home there recently. "Ah...right, yes. So Falgor said you needed to git to the Thumb tonight. Ok, buy a Captain a tankard to go?" He plead-fully asks. "My crew is getting the vintage ready to d'part."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The bard has seen this level of addiction before, but it's usually with harder drugs. His love of the drink has been going for some time... She smiles at his request, and hopes to motivate him. "I have a hip-flask of rum you can have once we've arrived at Thumb's Reach- give you something to do while we're in town."

She points to Sorrin. "That man has your coin. We should leave now, most of us are sailors and can help get your ship ready."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel steps foreward and pushes the empty tankard away slowly.
I think not captain. I am fairly protective of my friends and they need Safe passage. I would be ill serving them by encouraging you to dull your senses any further sailing in darkness. We have your coin, now let's be off. Fair work for fair pay.

The elf was in his customary armor lammellar. Fine Scimitar on his hip and other weapons in his belt loops and strapped to his back. When his hair was tied back his pupiless eyes against golden skin gave him a sleek, dangerous look.

Thrasher screeched loudly at the captain.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Might I suggest a pot of coffee... Who do you owe money to, Captain? We can chat and move... Name's Sorrin, you're with us tonight.

He claps the sailor's shoulder.

Like the old days, Captain... No better vessel or crew on the water tonight.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri shrugs. "It should be a short and easy trip along the coast, right?"

Not like it's going to be dangerous sailing where it matters if the captain is a bit tipsy or not....

Bri had changed when Astri did, exchanging her dress for her original outfit.


Evil GM

He simply shrugs at the elf, "I'm coming...I'm coming." He smiles weakly at Astri, "yeah, rum's a sailor's best friend." He blinks a few times, his vision coming in focus as Sorrin speaks. "Don't mention old days...I'm living for this day only, maybe I wake up tomorrow for another day," He bows his head, "then maybe not. Not much of a difference for me."

Finally, he addresses Bri, "Tide's not the best and there's all manner of shtye in the water, nothing about the Razor is easy. Damn...I could use a drink."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Good point, let's get through tonight.


Evil GM

The Captain leads the group down the wharf his sloop is tied to the northern docks nearly on the outskirts. The nighttime activity on the docks looks a bit more shady, you see groups of ruffians lingering eying the dock activity. You feel like several are sizing up an easy prey but they choose to avoid any contact with your group, perhaps judging you as too risky of a target.

When you get at the end of a tattered wooden pier, you see an a large single mast, barnacle covered ship, the Vintage it seems to be listing slightly to the port. On the deck is young man, who is moving nimbly checking the lines and storing a few loose items.

PC perception checks:

bri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
astri: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Sorrin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Adriel: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Thrasher: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
shakes, intoxicated: 1d20 + 15 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 5 = 16

Adriel, Astri, and Shakes only:

You see 6 Long dead and drowned Tulita warriors, rotten seaweed tangled in their battle-dress, stinking strongly of sewage climbing out fo the water onto the dock and the Vintage.

Surprise rd::

Astrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Adriel: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
shakes: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17
Tulita lacedons: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Astri
Shakes
Adriel
Tulita Lacedons

Basically you guys are on the pier and they are surrounding you comeing out of the water. I'll get a map up soon. they are all 10 feet away from the party, so you can 5 ft step and attack. Remember in surprise rounds you only get a single action.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

I think I'm actually getting use to the salty air and starting to relax. Long time coming.. Sorrin strides amicably beside his fellows.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Inspire Courage Active: +2 attack/damage/save vs fear and charm

Surprise round

Astrianna hums as they walk through the docks, recalling some good tunes to practice on her fiddle when she gets the chance. She isn't worried about any ruffians targeting their group due to their assortment of armaments.

When they approach the docks Astrianna gets a whiff of something foul. The half-elf sneezes loudly, and as she opens her eyes, she finds herself looking straight at an undead Tulita.

"UNDEAD! They're coming up from the water!" The bard shouts, her fatigue draining as a rush of excitement flows through her. The gears in her mind turn as she attempts to place the creatures while beginning to sing an echoing, melancholy song about not losing hope.

Standard Action: Begin Inspire Courage (15/16)

Fear not this night

You will not go astray

Though shadows fall

Still the stars find their way...

Fear Not This Night

Free action: Identify Undead- Take 10 Knowledge: Religion 10+8 = 18


Evil GM

Here is the set-up map.

The Vintage Dock Encounter


Evil GM

"Shyte! Jenkie watch out and climb the mast!!"

perception Jenkie: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

The first mate doesn't notice anything, nor does he hear the warning.

Shakes grabs his sap and swings a F:3,

sap: 1d2 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11;nonlethal: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
sap: 1d2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7;nonlethal: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

dex check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

he hangs onto to his sap.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna watches Shakes stumble around like... well, a drunkard, wildly flailing and yelling.

...This man was feared by pirates...?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Behind me, Captain!


Evil GM

Surprise RD update:

Astri - inspired
Shakes - missed (I should have only taken 1 attack I forgot it was surprise round. go figure)
Adriel
Tulita Lacedons

Remaining PC's initiative after surprise RD:

Sorrin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Embrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
jenkie: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Initiative Order:

Sorrin
Astri
Shakes
Bri
Adriel
Tulita Lacedons
Jenkie


Evil GM

AStri Know Religion:

You recognize these as lacedons which are ghouls killed at sea. There bites can cause both disease and paralysis, while there claws can cause paralysis. Elves are immune to the paralysis.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

By the Dawnflower, what devilry is this?

Sorrin is cautious as he draws his scimitar and dashes past the Captain and onto the boat, stabbing at the deathspawn to his right.

atk, scimitar, inspired: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 2 = 30
dmg, scimitar, inspired: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

crit, scimitar, inspired: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 2 = 13
dmg, scimitar, inspired: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

AC 25 to AoOs, Mobility. They don't know that. Sap vs Undead?

Wow, unreal.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Hahaha I had that happen to me two days ago! I was even fighting Lacedons...

Astrianna pauses her singing for a moment to yell after she has gotten a good look at the undead. "They're aquatic ghouls! Tulita ones! Don't let them scratch or bite you- you'll be paralyzed, infected, or worse!"


Evil GM

Sorrin, I'll use the attack when we get into RD 1. I'm waiting on adriel to post and I still have the lacedons.

Capt Monterrey doesn't have a weapon, other than a sap.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri casts Burning Gaze and stares at the zombie off to the side. (I,3) Fort DC 15. If hit, make reflex roll or catch fire..

Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Evil GM

Adriel can take his surprise round action when he logs on.

RD: Surprise Lacedons

Three of the lacedons move in the surprise round.

Sorrin a lacedon actually climbed up onto the dock blocking your path to run onto the ship.

------
RD 1:

Initiative Order:

Sorrin
Astri
Shakes
Bri - burning gaze cast
Adriel
Tulita Lacedons
Jenkie

RD 1 Map

fort save I:3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Inspire Courage Active: +2 attack/damage/save vs fear and charm

Round 1

Astrianna's eyes widen as two ghouls appear on either side of her, the bard turning back and forth to see which one would be up on the dock sooner. She grasps the hilt of Echo, and the sword sings as she draws the blade from its decorated sheath.

She sings reflexively at this point- her mind is elsewhere as she notices Embri staring intensely at the ghoul to the west, and realizes she's performing some sort of spell.

The bard swings her blade at the same ghoul, hoping their combined forces will rapidly bring the undead down.

Free Action: Maintain Inspire Courage (14/16)

Standard Action: Attack ghoul at I3

Longsword, Inspired: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14

Damage, Inspired: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Captain, jump across!

Is the Lacedon near Sorrin "climbing"? Loses Dex, eligible for sneak attack damage? Do you want me to reroll attack?

sneak damage, if eligible: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Evil GM

Sorrin you can keep your initial roll. No the three lacedons in the water are not climbing yet (there is nowhere for them to go on the dock), they will be swiping at feet. YOu can apply the attack roll to F:3 if you want then the captain will simultaneously 5 foot step with you to swtich spots.

Map with cooridinates


Evil GM

Assuming that is fine Sorrin.

Sorrin's scimitar hits the lacedon firmly, while he switches spots with the Captain.

Attacks from Land:
Characters swimming, floating, or treading water on the surface, or wading in water at least chest deep, have improved cover (+8 bonus to AC, +4 bonus on Reflex saves) from opponents on land.

Astri misses the lacedon that is in water trying to find a place to climb out. The water is more shallow where the for I:3 and I:5 so I'm only going to give them a +2 cover.

Updated map RD 1


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Swapping is very generous! If I can attack the one behind him,(E,4) even better, I'll leave it up to you. Just don't like Jenkie with 3. Want to draw agro as they say, like any tank.


Evil GM

No problem i'll switch the attack sorrin.

3,551 to 3,600 of 14,076 << first < prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.