Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


3,351 to 3,400 of 14,076 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>

CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The bard sighs and rubs her eyes in slow circles with her fingers. "I forgot you could fly. I should put that in the special, escape-plan part of my brain. If you're willing to put your head on the chopping block for Hawkins I'll cast the invisibility. David won't be invisible, and I don't think you should stop to cast anything on him... you had better cut, then fly low, far, and fast before someone grabs you."

Her mind turns, and she gives her head a shake. "Where will you take him? And he'll have irons on- I doubt they're just going to pop off like Falken's. I can grease them so he can wiggle out, but we'd have to find a spot for you to fly to and from for me to cast all these spells."

She flips a fork around in a circle between her thumb and forefinger over and over while speaking. "The guard will be on edge after yesterday. And if you're caught, I bet they'll put a rope around your neck right there and hang you too. If we're going to do this we have to leave now- he might already be doing the dead man's jig as we speak."

Astrianna looks over her shoulder at the curtain. "Also... I don't think Thalios would rat us out to the Dragoons, but he'll know we're the ones who freed Hawkins if you pull this off."

She is ready to go, her muscles tense. Is Hawkins really worth this, after what he tried to do to me? I just have to cast a spell, the risk is minimal to me... and it will be very exciting to watch.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

This is... The Razor. No one got time for charity, here. I'm guessing you got honor and principles. You refused an order. Conscience. Tell him, Sath...

...tell him it's us that... be needing help.


Evil GM

The man stiffens as a board, "I refusthed NO order, and I didn't..." his voice raising quite a bit as many people look in your direction, "aid or help smugglers get that BLASTED corrupt DRAGONSMOKE in town." His face stern and he gaze is hard when he professes his innocence.


Evil GM

Someone at the other end of the bar pounds his empty tankard on end. "That's right Major, you were framed." There's murmuring of agreement in the bar. "Those damn pushers need to all hang...like that murdering dealer they caught last night and have at the fort."

"HERE, HERE"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Oof... foul stuff, indeed.. Sorrin slaps his hand down.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna's eyebrows raise and she looks over to the commotion at the bar. "What in the nine hells are Sath and Sorrin doing over there?" She growls, but at the same time listens closely to patron at the end of the bar.

They think Dirk was hustling? Ha! Though... I should drop this dragonsmoke into the nearest latrine... The ones in power don't like it, the people don't like it... Privacy seems a better trade than dealing in this city.


Bowls of fish stew and warm brown grain bread are brought out for everyone, the owner nods and says "Eat and may the justice prevail."


"Wonder if they'll be hangin' that Harok McFarrow's madman at the same time? That lil' hamlet Thumb's Reach has 'ad its share of bad luck. I 'eard one local angular from the hamlet hasn't sold 'is catch fer a a week now, folks 'fraid to buy from d'area."


"Falgor, he ain't crazy, I believe Harok's story 'bout a man-shark devouring the village and attacking 'im."


"Bah, 'eard they got I'm with blood round 'is own mouth calling out fer his daughter Jessica."

It is pretty clear that the patrons don't really know what happened with this Harok Mcfarrow at his hamlet Thumb's Reach but what ever it was it was pretty gruesome. Some believe him guilty others not.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"A man-shark? What is that?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna opens up her journal and begins jotting down some notes. She looks up at bri. "Could be a lycanthrope." She mutters, writing. "Uh, you know... were-creatures. Or it could be half-man, half-shark... I'd have to see it to know for sure. Truly, there are an innumerable amount of beast-mans in this world..."

She chews on the end of her pen. "I need a map of the razor..."


A third person pipes up, "Jessica ain't his daughter, it's his wife." She drinks her beer. "Man-shark is rubbish just Old Craw talking."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The half-elf groans quitely. "They have no idea, do they...."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri shrugs. "We could go investigate and see what it is. It sounds like that hamlet won't last for much longer if no one is willing to buy what their folk catch."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Sath gently places her hand on the man's shoulder' "Major, I have no doubt that you are a loyal and just man- if you were charged with a crime I believe it must be an accident or someone trying to ruin you. We are not smugglers, nor do we seek your help for any illicit enterprise- I, myself, am a sailor and merchant by trade and also trained in the druidic arts, my friends boast other such skills- we seek a way to both make use of our skills to help others as well as earn our way. I was hoping that you might be able to help us with both these goals, and perhaps we might also be able to get to the bottom of how you were wrongly accused as well. What say you?"


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

The bard sighs and rubs her eyes in slow circles with her fingers. "I forgot you could fly. I should put that in the special, escape-plan part of my brain. If you're willing to put your head on the chopping block for Hawkins I'll cast the invisibility. David won't be invisible, and I don't think you should stop to cast anything on him... you had better cut, then fly low, far, and fast before someone grabs you."

Her mind turns, and she gives her head a shake. "Where will you take him? And he'll have irons on- I doubt they're just going to pop off like Falken's. I can grease them so he can wiggle out, but we'd have to find a spot for you to fly to and from for me to cast all these spells."

She flips a fork around in a circle between her thumb and forefinger over and over while speaking. "The guard will be on edge after yesterday. And if you're caught, I bet they'll put a rope around your neck right there and hang you too. If we're going to do this we have to leave now- he might already be doing the dead man's jig as we speak."

Astrianna looks over her shoulder at the curtain. "Also... I don't think Thalios would rat us out to the Dragoons, but he'll know we're the ones who freed Hawkins if you pull this off."

She is ready to go, her muscles tense. Is Hawkins really worth this, after what he tried to do to me? I just have to cast a spell, the risk is minimal to me... and it will be very exciting to watch.

Adriel considers his response.

I have Acid Splash prepared. I'll be able to melt the manacles with a little time. Carrying him I could charge 800 feet per minute as the crow flies. It will take horses quite a bit longer to cover that distance and longer with the crowd for the dragoons to leave the square. I can get him 2400 feet away and hide him while I get the cuffs off. After that he is on his own. The hanging is near the dock. Cast Invisibility on me near there. I will cut his noose and fly fast.

Annoying Sh!t. If I thought I was overly risking my neck, I'd let him die.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna gives him a nod. "All right. I think you can do it. But he has to still be alive, first. Let's go."

The bard gets up and throws her haversack over her shoulder. She looks to Bri. "I think it would be worth looking into, sounds like that place is having some trouble. We'd need a ship. First, I think we should head to the Fort and see about this hanging, Harbormaster after that..."

She quickly walks over to Sorrin and Sath. "Hey. We're going to the Fort, are you coming?" The half-elf glances at the drunk they were talking to curiously, and back to the two.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri sighs and says quietly to her tablemates: "You are assuming they don't have adequate guards at hangings. There may very well be a mage or cleric standing around with Dispel Magic prepared to be cast upon anything suspicious. After the last escape they had, I doubt the Dragoons will be taking any kind of chances."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The bard agrees and disagrees with Bri. "I thought the same, but we'll check for casters when we get there. Personally I think he's already dead, but we'll assess the risks when we get there. I'm sure not biting it for Hawkins, but we owe him something."


Evil GM

The drunken Major looks up at the mention of the fort. "Whatcha going to the fort for?" He belches, "They don't" <hiccup> like peoplth to justh traipse to the door." He holds his pounding head."Whoseth hangin' sure they got the confession then, if it's public hangin'."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna smiles politely at the drunken man. "Just going to observe the hanging is all, Major."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"I'm having a conversation with the Major here, I'll catch up with you..."

Aquan:
"What's going on?"


Evil GM
Sath Saltblood wrote:

Sath gently places her hand on the man's shoulder' "Major, I have no doubt that you are a loyal and just man- if you were charged with a crime I believe it must be an accident or someone trying to ruin you. We are not smugglers, nor do we seek your help for any illicit enterprise- I, myself, am a sailor and merchant by trade and also trained in the druidic arts, my friends boast other such skills- we seek a way to both make use of our skills to help others as well as earn our way. I was hoping that you might be able to help us with both these goals, and perhaps we might also be able to get to the bottom of how you were wrongly accused as well. What say you?"

His head moves up and down as Sath speaks. "I am innocent." He continues to nod. "Wrongfully accused...yes, yesth." <hiccup> he is sitting a bit straighter. "Truth and honor!" He pounds the bar. then pushes his tankard a bit farther away. "What skills do you have."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna glances around at all the sailors present, and chooses to respond in a less common language. It presents a slight problem considering "hanging" is not a word in draconic, but she gets the meaning across none-the-less.

Draconic:
"Hawkins is about to fall two feet and do a dead man's dance at the fort. Meet us at the master of the harbor later."

She says simply before turning to leave, tipping her hat to the drunkard. "Good day, Major."


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"As I said- I am trained in the arts of the druid, seamanship, and as a merchant- amongst my companions we have quite a few areas of training, from combat to performance. Although well-rounded, we are new to the area and a local to assist us would be a great benefit to us."


Evil GM

He squints at Sath and starts to speak in Aquan,

Aquan:

"Why the change in tongue with your friends...seems odd."

He sniffles and then then speaks in common, "What are you looking for or to do?" He extends his hand, "Roland Lawrence...some still refer to my ol'rank, Major." He rubs his throbbing temples.


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

"My apologies for the change in language- one never knows who might be listening in, I am Sath Saltblood, and this," as she points to the warrior beside her "Is my new acquaintance Sorrin. Well met- do you prefer Major, or Roland?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna returns to Adriel and Embri. "Well, let's go, Adriel. Sath and Sorrin are picking up a stray or something. I told them to meet us at the harbormaster later. Embri, are you coming with us?" She turns her emerald eyes to the witch.


Evil GM

He grimaces in shame, "I prefer Major, but that's no more, so Roland will do."


Evil GM

FYI: Everyone should probably slow down just a bit before running off to free Dirk. Nobody has mentioned when or where the hanging is going to take place. What has been stated is he was taken to the fort, charged and he has been sentenced to hang...soon.

You all may want to review and devise an actual plan or method to your actions. A rash decision could result in unnecessary deaths.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

I agree-That's why Adriel and Astrianna are heading to the fort to gather more information before we actually do something. Given their personalities, if it gets dangerous they're going to leave him to swing.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Roland, you probably haven't had to do it yourself in a while with a Major's rank. But, can you pilot a smaller vessel? If you can pilot one, we may need you for job. Pay's decent. Cover your room, board and entertainment. Got family?

Sorrin shrugs as if to say, "easy peasy".


Female (But to all appearances dresses and acts male). Half-Elf +2 Init / Perc +12 / +5 Mel / +6 Rang / +7 Scim / AC: 17/15 f_f/12 tch Expert (Merchant Sailor) 1/ Aquatic Druid 5 39/39 HP

Druidic:
"Damn idiot! Why the hell would Sorrin ask this man to pilot a boat when I've indicated numerous times in front of him that I'm a trained sailor? Nature preserve me from foolish men!"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin's brows knit. Maybe he got too much sun... Dunno.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

"Nope...not a sailor. I've been soldier and dragoon most my life."


Evil GM

so Astri and Adriel are leaving correct? Bri what are you doing?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

That's a decent skillset as well... If you know sailors, good trustworthy types, please let me know.

This Hawkins fellow they caught, you sure about him or could he have been framed, too... What's the term, pasty, pastry... patsy? Who do you think might be responsible? Your opinion carries weight, Roland.


Evil GM

He shrugs, "I didn't know they caught this fella. News to me...got my own problems." He thinks a few seconds. "I don't much like Sergeant Darenar though." He pauses. "If this fella Hawkins is pushing dragonsmoke may he rot." You can tell he has no mercy when it comes to the drugs.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin shakes his head sadly. I'm not from here as you can probably tell... Way off, desert nomads. The irony if being on the Razor. Drugs are poison, seen them destroy whole families.

The Commandant... A good man in dealings, if a bit strict? He's got a boat, Baron of the Tides he's looking to move. Any advice about him, or the ship? You must know a lot of ships here?


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri sighs as Astri and Adriel decide to go off and gather information at the fort. Well, at least neither of them are the type to just throw away their lives, so hopefully they won't get into too much trouble.

"Don't do anything stupid you two. I'm sure the dragoons are not averse to mass hangings. I'll stay back with Sath and the new fella. If you need to make a quick exit later, I would only slow you two down."

Bri leans back in her seat and looks about the room, wondering what she do today.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna gives Bri an affirmative and collects Adriel. "Thankfully I didn't drink enough beer to do something stupid. When you're done here, harbormaster."

The bard makes her way out of the tavern and heads south, towards the fort where Falken was going to be hung. "Adriel. If he's in the fort... it might be too dangerous. If we don't just stumble on the hanging outside of the fort I'm going to take on a disguise and ask around about when and where it's taking place."


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Well there's that. We'll see what the fates throw us. Of course you need to consider MY motives. Either Hawkins managed to convince me he was worth saving despite a little danger, OR this is completely out of character fpr me amd I am simply endeavoring to get you alone
again for another roumd of fun. You left QUITE an impression, but maybe I actually did a give a sh!t about him.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

Once Astri and Adriel leave the bar, Thalios concludes his business and he emerges from behind the curtain. His guest promptly leaves after concluding the business transaction. He looks around seeing Bri sitting by herself he approaches, "A fortunate windblows me to such a fair lady sitting alone. Surely, the others are fools to leave such beauty." He looks around and notices Sorrin and Sath talking to the Major. "Aye, but where are the others, I thought they were going to stay to talk to Thalios?" He removes his hat, "That is fine because the sweetest candy remains." He then sits himself down.


Evil GM

Astri and Adriel are you walking on the docks towards the fort or are you walking on the road that runs in front of the buildings all the way towards the fort.

Port Shaw Map


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri can't help but laugh at Thalios's continued attempts at flirting. "I'd be willing to bet that you could not go a whole day without flirting with someone. As for Astri and Adriel, they are just doing a bit of discrete information gathering. Surely you would agree that I am far to memorable for such a mission?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Walking along the road to the fort

Astrianna laughs at the magus and shrugs. "It would take a divine seer to see into your true motives, Bladedancer. As for getting me alone, Bri has called dibs on you next and I am bound by my honor as a woman to not cut in the queue. I'm sure Sorrin would be proud of me." She says with a grin.

"I just don't understand how Hawkins could get arrested for murder of all things. You think he killed those Salty Dogs they were talking about?"


Evil GM

The Major continues to rub his temples as his intoxication begins to wear off just slightly.

"Yeah, the Commandant and Captain Perrin through a joint effort captured the Baron of the Tides, heard she was for sale but best to talk to the harbormaster." He rubs his nose. "There's a small fishing sloop called the Rita that's for sale, it was Harok McFarrows."

"The Commandant did what he thought he had to do." he leaves it at that, you get eh sense that he is not the person to approach the Commandant about the sale of the ship.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Walking along the road to the fort

Astrianna laughs at the magus and shrugs. "It would take a divine seer to see into your true motives, Bladedancer. As for getting me alone, Bri has called dibs on you next and I am bound by my honor as a woman to not cut in the queue. I'm sure Sorrin would be proud of me." She says with a grin.

"I just don't understand how Hawkins could get arrested for murder of all things. You think he killed those Salty Dogs they were talking about?"

Hawkins is an idiot, but a righteous pne. IF he killed anybody, it was in self defense, do not doubt.

Adriel matches a fast past the dream.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

And I suppose we'll keep an eye on Darenar, thanks. Ain't the Rita's owner that madman?

3,351 to 3,400 of 14,076 << first < prev | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.