Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


3,401 to 3,450 of 14,076 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

Evil GM

"Yeah, the Rita was owned by the madman his relative is selling it."


Evil GM

Adriel and Astri give me 2 perception checks a peice while you walk.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel
Embrianna wrote:

Bri can't help but laugh at Thalios's continued attempts at flirting. "I'd be willing to bet that you could not go a whole day without flirting with someone. As for Astri and Adriel, they are just doing a bit of discrete information gathering. Surely you would agree that I am far to memorable for such a mission?"

"That's a bet I'd gladly lose." He smiles. "a day together and the bards would be writing an epic poem for the world to rejoice in."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin hadn't a chance to explain is aspirations to his new found partners, so he looked over at Sath as he spoke his next few sentences to the Major.

When we buy a ship, we'll need a crew and some muscle. Depending on the size of vessel, maybe a handful or a few score. I'd like you to help us with that. Sath or I can pilot a ship ourselves well enough, but... we can't do it alone and we need to remain free to take care of other things.

Could really use a man of your experience. Name a fair wage, Roland.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Perception away!

Perception #1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Perception #2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31Adriel Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Male Dino Familiar AC22/15/19, HP22/22, F4/R7/W8, Evasion, Sudden Swoop, Spd 10/Fly 40ft, Bite +6 (1d3-2), CMB+4, CMD+12, Perception+10/Alertness+12

Thrasher Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23Thrasher Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Evil GM

"Well...I've a sister I help out, it keeps her from falling destitute and having to do other things for work." He places a hand on his chin. "Ain't ever worked on a boat, but I can try to learn, and I'm handy with blade." His eyes move to his empty scabbard. "I haven't thought about a wage..what do you have in mind? This is "lawful" work right...I can't tolerate illegal conduct or anything that is sinister in nature."

The materials simply state he lost his dragoon pay. FYI: he is LG and he is a is pretty a high level fighter.


Evil GM

Astri, Adriel and Thrasher you see walking towards you the following...

A strikingly handsome man, with chiseled features and cool blue eyes like the sea in winter. He is impeccably dressed in his crisp uniform of white and royal blue, he bears several medals and marks of distinction upon his jacket and stops with chat with a few people on the street in front of a shop. He offers two cigars to two men (one's a Dragoon Officer) and they stand there smoking. Behind him stand three officers/soldiers.

The man shoulders are covered in a snow-white silken gentleman’s cape trimmed with blue velvet and he has s distinctive one-of-a-kind hat, which is also decorated with medals and trimmed with silver. He has a Gregory is a warrior's build, with a lithe frame and panther-like movements. He crops his jet-black hair short and his tanned skin.

He is standing outside Old Fishes Supplies which is a ramshackle small warehouse converted into a bait and tackle shop. It has grimy windows, well-worn exterior and a none-too-clearly marked sign, drooping by a single rusty chain above the doorframe.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

How about this... We cover your uniform, weapon, room and board. All yours to keep. 60gp paid in advance every month. And, bonus... based on legitimate earnings.

Try it? It's your experience that's important. Hire a crew, be discriminating, keep them in line in shape and honest. You'll have guards and sailors. No heroics. Honest work, honest wage.

Sorrin extends his hand.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna's eyebrows appear as if they are going to slowly levitate off of her face as she spies the extraordinarily handsome man. She is completely distracted by his finely cut dress, and her eyes linger on his hat for quite a while.

"Adriel... Surely you see that man. Look at his clothes. They're incredible, as are other things. All those medals... do you think he might be the Commandant? I don't think they'd let anyone else have that hat." She mutters to the magus, clearly entranced by the man as they walk past.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"A day together with you? Are you going to show me about the town? All the marvelous sights within the city?"

A tour of the city wouldn't be a bad thing and I am willing to bet i could learn a thing or two....


Evil GM

Major Roland Lawrence extends his hand to Sorrin and then to Sath. "That's a mighty generous offer...deal."


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

"But of course, I can show you around town, or if you would like, a good mid-afternoon romp." He grins ear to ear. Before you answer he adds, "However, the gentlemanly thing for Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, to do is to show you around the Tide and if we are fortunate enough we can conclude in a romantic joining of our hearts."


Evil GM

As Astri and Adriel approach the dominating figure the group step to the side to permit you room to pass. "Fine day." The rich baritone voice punctuates the air.

Astri do you have your fiddle with you?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin shakes the man's hand heartily.

By tomorrow the habadasher will have money on account. Go and get fitted for uniforms. Pick up a weapon and armor, too. We can keep calling you Major, but until we become something... I don't want fear and envy making you a target. Officially, you're the Quartermaster.

If you know some men, sailors or guards... Think if you want them working for you, for us. They'll get standard pay, until they prove themselves.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"By all means, show me that you can be a gentleman as well as a rogue."

Bri will stand up and wait for Thalios to offer he his arm.

"Sath, I will meet you all back at the inn later. I'm sure Thalios will care for my safety." Or if he can't, I can see to my own.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Yes, she has the case slung over the shoulder opposite of her bow at the moment. She's quite proud of it at the moment and would like people to see it.

Astrianna flashes the man a smile as he speaks to them. "My day suddenly became much finer." She gives the sharply dressed man a wink as they walk through the group.


Evil GM

He nods, "It's good to have purpose..again. Thank you Sorrin and Sath."

Do you advance him for a rapier?


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

The dashing rogue leaps to his feet and provides you the crook to his left arm, you note he is right handed so this gives him clear access to his sword. "Let's walk the wharf and let the sailors all envy the sight of Thalios Dondrel, son of Mordekai, as the moon has attacked itself to my arm."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"Lead on, good sir, and let every sailor we meet envy your good luck."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Was gonna put it on account with Jasper, but can advance. Sure. Masterwork.


Astrianna Sparacello wrote:

Yes, she has the case slung over the shoulder opposite of her bow at the moment. She's quite proud of it at the moment and would like people to see it.

Plus it announces in this city of fiddlers that you are one and can fit in.

"Well, the sun is shining, I'm enjoying a fantastic Tulita cigar with friends, the finest tobacco around less so for the friends," they all laugh at his comment, "and if it's possible, I have been bewitched by your vision." He places a hand over his heart. "Is that fiddle for playing or show? Certainly, I've never seen you before, and I dare say my day could only get better if you could make those strings catch fire."

He bows. "Commander Gregory Boneduece at you service."


"This fine gentleman is Commander Aeron Chambers." This man has a beautifully hilted rapier, fine leather gloves, a highly decorated Dragoon uniform, powder white cape, and catchy hat that you recognize as a Dontorian special. Even more interesting is small wand case that is strapped around his chest like a bandoleer. He too is incredibly handsome. The man simply nods his head to the both of you.

The other men with the commander are mentioned but they are really not significant.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna stops walking, grinning at the man, and seeming to completely forget what she was doing. Oh, yes, today is a very good day. The bard immediately assumes the attitudes and mannerisms of a refined lady. "The Commander Boneduece? It is my pleasure, sirs." She gives a small curtsy with a flourish, and repeats the gesture to Commander Aeron Chambers. A magus such as Adriel...?

Standing up straight, she gestures to herself, and then the magus. "I am Astrianna Sparacello and this is Adriel Mistleaf, my traveling companion."

"Ah, as for playing... This fiddle is for the world to hear!"

You just received this violin today, haven't practiced in months, and you're about to play for the finest fiddler in the city? Shelyn, if I could ask a favor, guide my bow?

She moves to the side of the street and unslings the violin case from her back, picking it gently out of the case. She speaks as she rosins the bow. "It has been said by reputable sources you are one of the best fiddle players in this city, Commander Bonedeuce. I'm out of practice and only received this fiddle today, but I hope you enjoy a good slip jig."

Astrianna puts her chin on the rest and tunes the instrument carefully, wanting it to sound perfect. She decides to play the same song she played earlier in Fiddlesticks today, considering how well it went and is the only thing she has played in quite some time.

She smiles, lifting her head for a moment. "If the music takes you.. dance away." Her emerald eyes close and she begins to saw at the strings, swaying with the music and tapping her boot on the stones.

Perform: String: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Slip Jig from last time


The men clap and stomp and dance a bit and when the song is over, "Bravo...bravo."

"I've been know to pluck a string or two." He opens a a bag and produces his fiddle. "Let's see if I can whip something up for the lady and her companion."

perform: String: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

He doesn't even bother to put it under his chin and he saws away and begins to dance.

dance: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

A tune He whips up


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna beams, giving a bow as she takes the violin off of her chin. "Thank you, thank you..."

The bard is visibly excited as the Commander pulls out his violin, and she begins to laugh merily when he throws traditional playing to the wind, dancing about while settings his strings on fire.

She puts her violin back in its case and begins to do a jig, taking the hand of one of the other dragoons and dancing with them for a bit, then switching to the next, and will end up dancing with all of them by the time the song is over.

Perform Dance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

The half-elf smiles and claps her hands when the commander finishes, walking up to him from her latest dance partner. "That was magnificent! I must admit I have never seen anyone with your technique before, how do you even play that quickly without a rest...?" She flashes him a wide, pretty smile. "Do you give private lessons, by chance? I would love to learn to play that way."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin finds himself left alone with Sath Saltblood.

Sath, strange as it may seem... I know you least of all among the four of you. But, we seemed to make a decent team. I blabbered on and on, I know... I just get so excited.

Let's buy a ship, let's put together a crew, damn it all... Let's put together a corps. But, that can wait. Tell me about you... what makes a man turn from the life of a merchant sailor?

The foreigner pats his stomach. We haven't eaten.


"Oh, with my busy schedule I don't quite have time right now."

"So what bring you two to Port Shaw and when did you arrive."


No sooner do you pat you stomach as a think bowl of fish stew and some brown bread with honey arrives. "Seeing your done remeedin' figured you'd be hungry. Damn fine thing you did fer the Major."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Thank you, Sir. Sorrin shakes his head.

Sorrin can't help but smile as he shoves bread and stew into his mouth. We need him more than he needs us, was just meant to be. I think I got swindled, to be honest.

But now, I need your help Master Finney. What hair-brained, no offense scheme do you know about so I can actually continue to pay the man?

He looks over at Sath, Come on, brother... eat up. The girls are out knocking boots. Adriel is happy to heel and watch. At least I've got you with me, the only sensible one of the bunch. The only real one.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel allows the scene to play out. He would have continued on without gaining direct notice of one of the more notorious men in the city, but as soon as Astrianna had spoken a word they were committed to the meeting.

Just be pleasant enough that he remembers you fondly, Sorgbird and leave it at that

The magus doesn't speak much but inclines his head when introduced and smiles and taps his foot a little for her playing.
At least with Astrianna hogging all the attention, hopefully the magus would only be barely remembered should the Commander have reason to recall the meeting later.

Just appear a silent companion, a simple bodyguard, nothing more.

Thrasher empathically picked up on the Magus' s feelings and was silent for the exchange, turning his head, bird like as a pet would.


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
Adriel is happy to heel and watch.

Actually he's happy to "heel watch." It's a good POV.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

I'm wondering where exactly Thalios will be taking me. I'm sure we will stay out of trouble though. ;)


"One thing that need investigatin'" He looks around making sure it's his usual crowd in the bar. "Me ears hear thar's a big drug drop happ'n soon'. Heard thar's a new drug called brainfog comin' in from t'Jaws or sumthin'. All d'local pusher's lookin' fer new shipment. Drug's be what did un the tulita...hooked 'em. Break dat smugglin' ring and earn some respect but beware rumor is many are protected."

He glances around the continues, "Try the dockside, usually a few push'rs. Dupe 'em into giv'n up their supplier...greedy dealers and addicts they are."


One of the dragoons taps the Commandant on the arm, "Ah yes, the pleasure was unmistakeably mine, but alas, I must be going." He bows and takes his leave as he continues to walk down the wharf.

While Commander Aeron Chambers takes his leave and heads into the fishing supply store you are in front of.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

Thalios takes Bri down the docks and points out a few interesting ships and sites. "So, have you all figured out what you're going to do in Port? It's a bloody same Dirk got 'imself tangle up in deception and drug trade."


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

He points out some the ships he knows are for sail, "That's the crazy Harok's sloop, Rita." It is sturdy, small fishing sloop easily handled by a small crew.

"Over there's the recent addition, Baron of the Tide, h'rd the Commandant summarily executed the infamous smuggler Baron Desmond Shade. She's fast but lightly armed as you can see."

A little mbit farther down the dock he points out, "That fat cog freighter is Salvation sturdy but needs outfitted fer battle in these waters.'

He stops and directs your attention to tow nearby ships, "Aye I fancy to own either of those blessin's of the sea if 'nough coin." You can see "Black Rider, her reputation as slav'r alone will cause a crew th shyte themselves. Capt Bethany Razor captured her from d'flee bitten orcs. Probably could use some more ballistae. Note wit her reputation ye might be fired on if the oth'r ship don't know she's changed owners."

Next you see severely damaged three-mast warship. "The Thunderstrike can purdy much go against most warship's, but her privateer Captain, Tomas Garell, who was badly wounded can't 'fford to repair and upkeep. Cost a bit of coin to fix her...proper and all."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna glances over at Adriel, surprised at how quiet the man is. She turns back to the Commander. "The Razor's mystery and adventure called to us. I heard all the stories, and had to see if they were true. Once I arrived in Shaw and learned about all of the fiddling... I knew I had to stay. We've been here for two days now."

The bard's train of thought turns to inquiring about Falken, and it suddenly makes her realize where they were going and doing... "Oh dear. Adriel, you let me yammer on when we have an obligation. I'm terribly sorry Commander, but we must be leaving." The bard packs up her violin and throws it over her shoulder, ensuring it's secure. "Please accept my heartfelt thanks for the beautiful tune you played for us, it brightened my day. If you ever reconsider giving fiddle lessons, look me up." The half-elf flashes a smile at him.

"Farewell, Commander Bonedeuce, Commander Chambers, ...." She lists off all of their names of the ones who were introduced. "I hope we meet again." Before walking off if they are not impeded.


Kissing Astri's hand, "The pleasure was all mine."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"We've actually been toying around with the idea of getting a ship of our own. Though it hasn't exactly been agreed upon what we will be doing once we get it. To tell you the truth, it doesn't matter much to me what we do, barring slaving of course. I just can't stand to be on shore for long you know. The call of the sea is like a constant pressure that keeps building and will drive me to distraction if I stay away from it too long. It's not too bad in a port town at least."

Bri looks over the ships as Thalios points them out to her. "What do you reckon the price would be for either of those two ships?"

This little walk with Thalios could prove very useful if we do indeed want to purchase a ship. :)


Evil GM

Are you asking about the last two ships?


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

"Both are in the 11,000 to 13,000 thousand range, give or take a few coin."

assuming the last two.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Yes the last with that comment since it seemed that those would be the ones for sale, I suppose Bri could ask about the others as well though.

"What about the other two? Might they be for sale too?"


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

"I 'eard the Rita was less than 1700 gold...motivated family. Probably cheaper. Now, that fat cog will cost ya 'bout 12,000, but they are expesive ships." Finally he smile, "Baron of the Tide depends on how the Commandant is feelin and how much gold need to be going to 'is coffers...10,000 maybe 11,000 thousand."

He looks back a thte orc slaver ship, "Captain Razor's askin' a bit much fer her...but value is based on motivated sell'rs and buy'rs."

He only showed you the one's for sale.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Ah, ok. Guess Thalios already knew what I was interested in. :)

"Well now, we've looked at ships a bit, anything else you would care to show me?"


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 56/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna makes her way towards the fort, specifically the area where they saw Falken about to get hanged.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel turns on his heel and walks with Astrianna, You have a thirst for danger, Songbird. We are possibly about to try and break the law to save someone from the noose and your little performance will ensure you are not easily forgotten by the good commander. Unless you plan on us working for him. I try to avoid such people unless they are paying me.

He keeps up and wonders why his damn conscience was making him pursue this.

Don't owe him anything. ..


Evil GM

I don't know why you all think Falken was being lead to be hung. He was being offloaded from a ship that transported him to Port Shaw. That was the ship you followed entering port. He was being exchanged from the ship to the shore guards, who were going to take him to the fort, and then hanging later after they questioned him.


M H Sweet talking scoundrel

The broadest grin crosses the rogue's face. "I've a fine room nearby with a sturdy bed," he quips. He pulls out some subtle fine leather strips from a pouch, "Soft on the wrists and ankles."

3,401 to 3,450 of 14,076 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.