Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


3,501 to 3,550 of 14,076 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

Evil GM

" The Thunderstike's privateer captain – a man named Tomas Garell, himself badly wounded in the fighting against the Pirate Confederacy far to the Razor’s east. Don't know 'im well. Just know he wants to put that mess behind him."


Evil GM

What is the plan now, where are you heading and what are you going to do?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Once everyone asked their questions of the quartermaster Astrianna wants everyone to return to the Run Aground Tavern to discuss their plans for the night/ship purchases/future decisions. She also wants to talk to Thalios Dondrel.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel is happy to follow along. He wants to find some work for himself or the party, so heading to the merchant quarter or seeing if there is a mercantile company would be good.

At the conclusion of their business, Adriel asks the harbormaster, Pardon, friend. I realise this is not your area of business, but is there a mercantile company in one of the quarters or a place merchants tend to go to look for protection. I've some skill and am looking for work.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

And where would I find this privateer, Garell?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin leans into Astrianna... the Songbird.

Find out about the Rita's owner, negotiate the best price. It's the only ship we can manage on our own in price and operation. I'd rather not be beholden to your beloved Commandant.

For all we know, he protects the drug shipments and keeps a leash on Tulita free will, himself and uses his position to eliminate rivals. If not him, someone else high up the Dragoon chain of command. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. You should meet my uncle.


Evil GM

The harbormaster responds to the elf, "Many captains on ships are looking for help...strong swords are always necessary." He shrugs, "Then the Imperial Mercantile League claims space in a squat warehouse connected to a small townhouse in the tide. Speak to the half-orc woman by the name Eliza Mudborne she runs the townhouse."

"Sometimes the The Cartographers and Explorers Guild which has a sizeable campus area on the outskirts of the Silk District looks for help. There spot was once a plantation before Port Shaw expanded to engulf it, the Guild bought it up and made it the center of its operations
in this part of the world."

"Can y'fight with your fiest, lots of coint ot be made at the Broken Skull."


Evil GM
Sorrin the Wayward wrote:
And where would I find this privateer, Garell?

He frowns, "Green dragon Inn last I 'eard."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna gives Sorrin a dry look. "I have no desire to meet your uncle. I will speak to Relgin if we decide, as a group, that the sloop is our best bet. Apparently I don't have you figured out yet- I thought you would want to help the dragoons considering how they're the only ones that keep a semblance of order around here. You should probably meet Commander Bonedeuce before you start jumping to conclusions- he was a shining example of a gentleman."

The bard sighs. "In any case, let's return to the tavern and discuss our options, and everything we have learned. Knowledge is power. What we do next depends on the type of ship we want to get."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Figure me out? It won't happen. Save your energy for the other... men in your life. If you want to understand me, just ask.

If you don't like what I tell you, I apologize in advance. He bows deeply, as if to a lady.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

"We are staying at the Green Dragon anyway. We may as well return there for a bite to eat and discuss our options. After all, what ship we get will really depend on what we decide to do with a ship. We have yet to decide upon cargo type or whatever."


Evil GM

The harobormaster would tell you, "Relgin lives and works in Thumb's Reach if you want to negotiate off the price." He sniffs, "'bout three hours walk or so down the coast."


Evil GM

When you arrive back a the Run Aground you do not see Thalios at the Tavern. However you do see Zalen Trafalgar at the establishment drinking tankards and enjoying poached cod. He is dining with a male minotaur, who has on studded leather armor, there is large heavy pick strapped to his back. They are speaking in a deep guttural language.

does anyone speak giant?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

What time is it Baldwin?

Astrianna speaks giant, picked it up last level along with Tulita.

Astrianna walks into the tavern, sighing as the son of Mordekai is not immediately present. Maybe he's behind the cur-.... is that a minotaur? She is momentarily confused by the presence of the beast, and even more confused to hear Zalen talking to it.

The bard briefly listens to their conversation before doing anything else.


Evil GM

With all you've done in the day shopping, dining, romping, and gathering information it's definitely dinner time 7:00 pm.

Before you go to the Green Dragon You stop by the Run Aground to see if Thalios is there and to do quick debrief in what you gather is a non-hostile envirnoment.


Evil GM

Giant:

"strange"
"investigate it...we'll put fifteen hundred towards it." Is all you've picked up.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri would be nosey enough to cast her tongues hex upon herself long enough to understand what is being said. ;)


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna's eyebrows raise slightly at the snippet of conversation. She turns her head towards Sorrin. "Falgor seems to like you quite a bit, Sorrin, could you see if we can get the table with the curtain, as well as some drinks, and food? I'm going to have a small chat with Father Trafalgar before we begin our meeting."

The bard saunters over to the table. "Good evening, Father, how wonderful to see you here- I was hoping to talk to you today." Emerald eyes turn towards the minotaur. "Who's your friend?"


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin asks about a curtained table, though he's not keen on the idea.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Bri follows up beside Astri and gives a friendly smile and wave to the father and his rather large friend.

"I hope we aren't interrupting anything. We were just coming in for a drink and a bite to eat and always appreciate more company."


Evil GM

Sorrin you can see there is only one curtained table that can fit 4 comfortably. It is available if you want it.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

I can sit on someone's lap if we need more room. ;)


Bri's heart flutters when she sees the large friend. :-)

"Good day ladies." he stands up and the minotaur does likewise. You notice he has a short sword on but that looks like dagger next to his body. "This is Korg, he is First Mate aboard the Quells Whore." Korg grunts out in very rough common a hello.

"The giant tongue is his native language." The priest motions to chairs and motions to a table which Korg easily lifts one-handed and places it down next to theirs, he then goes about and grabs chairs.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna looks to the bar, and speaks to Sorrin. "Looks like we'll be dining with the Father and Korg, Sorrin." The bard gives Korg a nod, and speaks in the glutteral tongue of giants- she found it much easier to pick up than tulita. The bard sits down as she speaks, her voice sounding strange given its rough inflections. Embrianna can clearly hear Astri's and Embri's names as she introduces them to the minotaur.

Giant:
"Your name echos in the city, Korg. You and Captain Razor brought in the Black Rider not too long ago- or so I've heard. I am Astrianna, musician, and problem-solver. This is Embrianna, a sailor and sorceress. Jonah and I became antiquated last night at the Broken Skull..."


Evil GM

giant:

He grins, "Your voice cracked...he said, but mentioned you did better with his help."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna laughs aloud, the musical sound reverberating in the tavern for a moment.

Giant:
"To be fair, I was very drunk. Tell him not to slander my good name too much."

She looks between the Father and Korg.

Giant:
"Are you two here on business? You had the manner of striking a deal about you when we walked in."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

To inquire about what they were speaking of before.


Evil GM

Updated Port Shaw Map

I added the guild to the map and some of the ship locations on the docks.


Korg laughs at Astri's comments.

Then the Zalen mentions, "We were talking about the pour Harok and the hamlet. I tried to get Quell's Whore to investigate it but the Captain has other thing going fright now but offered up 1500 gold help spur some interest."[b] A light bulb goes off. [b]"Would you all be interested in a little job, I'd even offer up a couple healing potions just in case."

He stops a second to let you all to think about it before he continues. "I can't prove it but I know Harok didn't kill those people...something fishy is happening."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna is even more interested now that coin is involved. "Consider interests to be spurred."

The bard gestures for the priest to continue. She grins at him. "I heard some rumors it was a shark-man that attacked. Was that a pun, Father...?" The half-elf teases Zalen. "Do continue though, what is your theory on the incident?"


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4
baldwin the merciful wrote:

The harbormaster responds to the elf, "Many captains on ships are looking for help...strong swords are always necessary." He shrugs, "Then the Imperial Mercantile League claims space in a squat warehouse connected to a small townhouse in the tide. Speak to the half-orc woman by the name Eliza Mudborne she runs the townhouse."

"Sometimes the The Cartographers and Explorers Guild which has a sizeable campus area on the outskirts of the Silk District looks for help. There spot was once a plantation before Port Shaw expanded to engulf it, the Guild bought it up and made it the center of its operations
in this part of the world."

Adriel wanders over, not terribly caring that Sorrin was being ignored.

He figured he was honorable, upstanding and boring.
At least Darius was fun, even if he was competition.

He sits himself down without asking, either not knowing or caring if it was a private conversation.
And here I was about to press upon my frineds that we look for work with this Imperial Mercantile League I keep hearing about. Of COURSE we are interestred father, as you can see my two lovely companions are worthy of expensive tastes and happy women makes for a happy existance. I have no choice but to be interested in your coin, lest I lose them to a wealthier, more charming and soon to be dead man. Can't buy room and wine with good intentions. Plus, bringing back the head of a Shark monster would raise some reputation for us in our new city. Specifics of the job please? Do you know anyone in this Hamlet we should talk to?


"Well, Harok's cousin Relgin lives out there nobody's heard form him lately. The haborbourmaster has him listed as the contact to sell Harok's fishing sloop, Rita, but nobody's seen him." The priest looks over a the First Mate, Korg, "There's been rumors of a strange black shark...talk on the docks, tidbits here and there. I spoke to Harok in his cell recently, he rambled on about a black shark ravaging the hamlet and devouring his wife. We are concerned about his daughter, Jessica's, whereabouts. More than that we do not know, but that is where you enter the picture." He states hopefully.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin sits at the counter, taking a look around. The others liked to talk and curry favor. Nearly turned his stomach. He preferred leverage, subtle or overt. Negotiate from a position if strength, owe no favors.

Falgor, oh wise one. I've walked through the slums, and things look bad. Besides the drug situation... If I could do one thing to help them, what would it be? Work, food, sanitation, medicine? Something else I'd not considered?

My heart goes out to them, what of the slavery at the plantations? I know very little.. As he speaks quietly, he scans the room.

Believe it or not, inn my homeland... I would be a prince and was raised to think in this manner. Always to consider the well being of the people, for it is their backs upon which any wealth and power is built and maintained.

I am nothing here on The Razor, which is well. I will see if I was just prince my station and name... or if it is at my core.. The young man shrugs, having drifted back from the past.

Perception, bad guys, spies, interesting folks: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Sorrin you don't notice anyone interesting except the minotaur and the priest. The dwarf steps around and says, "Give 'em hope." He pats counter, "wit hope people will 'elp bootstrap one 'nother."

"Rumor is the drop is gonna happen tomorrow night."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna takes out her journal and begins to scribble down some notes, pausing to dip the stylus in her inkpot. She doesn't look up as she speaks, continuing to right. "You approve of this idea, Adriel? I Embri said she also wanted to investigate this. It will be two birds with one stone, we can simultaneously negotiate about the purchase of the Rita." She sets the journal on the table, allowing the ink to dry. "Given the general consensus of the group, we will accept the job, Father, barring any complaints from our companion at the bar. We will look into it starting tomorrow."

The bard leans forward, steepling her fingers and looking over her hands at the cleric. "One question for you. When you spoke to Harok, was there another man locked up nearby? You have met him before- David Hawkins. Given past events, I'm concerned for his sanity."


"There are a lot of men locked up, but I did not see this David Hawkins, but the fort and prison is big."

"Stop by the chapterhouse before dawn and I'll have a couple healing remedies for you."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna gives Zalen a nod closing her journal and leaning back in her chair. "Harok and David are going to hang tomorrow, or so I've heard. Both for murder. You have reasons to believe Harok did not kill his wife, we have reasons to believe David is not a murderer, but I fear we will not be quick enough to prevent either of their hangings."

"If proving Harok's innocence is important to you, we could be persuaded to leave now and travel through the evening for some extra coin... say, 100 gold pieces for the each of us. Otherwise, we will stop by the chapterhouse early in the morning." She states in a business-like manner, simply offering some expedited service.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sorrin steps up to the table where the Songbird holds court.

I've heard bits and pieces... a suggestion?. He looks to everyone with an even eye and respect.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

To the priest he offers, Put up the money as collateral for the Rita... Let us have it for the night, it will be faster. The village is on the coast, a fishing village, yes?

He then looks to the minotaur, See if any sailors wish to make a little extra coin, best if they can see in the dark. Half-Orcs, Minotaurs, Lizardfolks... doesn't matter. Two or three would be best. We don't need fighters, just sailors. They will stay with the boat, securing the asset for the church. You two trust each other, I hope.

We investigate, deal with the situation on shore, return to ship... sail back. Done. I'm certain you two men have the leverage to put this simple plan in motion.

He bows his head, half spreading his arms with open hands upwards as if to say, very simple and ask for comments.

I leave the negotiating portion of this discussion to the lady.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna translates Sorrin's words into Gaint, speaking to Korg.

The bard shrugs at Sorrin. "It's only a three hour walk down the coast, I don't see a reason to complicate matters by involving the harbormaster. Also, it will make it difficult for me to haggle with Relgin when we're already sailing his ship around."

She gestures at Zalen and Korg. "Depends on how quickly they want this done, I suppose."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Just a suggestion... and, Relgin is most likely dead. I wouldn't worry too much.

On the... bright side, Harok if saved would be indebted... moreso, if we save the girl.


"I've put and gathered all the help I can." He motions to Korg and speaks in giant.

giant:
They want sailors, or the coin advanced to buy the rita.

Korg shakes his head and states he's done all he could.

"There is no more coin, nor can he help out with sailors."

The priest says, "I see your predicament about travel and hanging, if Quell desires your friend and Harok to die, so be it. obviously David Hawkins wasn't motivating enough to get you to move this evening withou more coin, but if it helps I do have few lesser potent healing remedies at the chapterhouse I can provide to you now."


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The half-elf nods. "Just offering you options, gentlemen. I have no problem with walking. We decided to help Hawkins if we can, but he did vanish last night- truthfully there is no telling what he got himself into, or if he's still sane. Quell or whatever deity they worship will see to their fates."

She looks to her companions to ensure they want to follow this endeavor.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Good to know where people stand. Thank you... gentlemen.. Smiling, Sorrin excuses himself.

Back at the counter, Sorrin asks Falgor if he knows and dark-seers, dwarves, half-orcs, etc... That would work as guides for the night.


M Elf Hexcrafter 5 (AC18/12/16), 51/51HP, F7/R4/W7+9vs enchantment, Per+10/ +2Thrasher, Init+4

Adriel's eye twitches just a little at the mention of not moving hard to save Hawkins.
Not unmotivated, simply lacking in options. We came here to start a legitimate business and getting on the wrong side of the law is the last thing we need. I may be a Sellsword but my trade is legal. Hawkins has already been sentenced, and barring begging for clemensy or trying to buy him as a slave to work off a sentence, I don't see how we can stop it without committing a serious offense ourselves. We had intended to appeal for his life in service tomorrow and I for one would like to continue with that plan and leave later. Unless you are willing to take our word and remember the man you met seemed a good and honorable sort.
He may have killed but so have we all father. There is no crime in defending oneself from attack. Hawkins is no murderer. If you want us to leave I would beg you make appeal upon our behalf that he be released to your care under the church. When we return and you have taken his measure if you feel he is guilty we will hand him over to the authroities ourselves.

It surprised the elf that he was even arguing the point.
Hawkins was not his friend.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 8| Sp: 26/56 | Hp 48/48 | Rp: 9/9 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +4, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +13, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna also seems surprised at the magus, but fully agrees. "Well said, Adriel. Hawkins would be right at home in the church of Quell, in fact. We can leave today, tomorrow, or the next day, it makes no difference to me. If we leave tomorrow morning, perhaps Zalen can make an appeal for his servitude."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

When they are alone and after any feedback from Falgor regarding night guides... Sorrin offers, Let's get this done tonight, rest during the day and be fresh for tomorrow night.


"Odd you say right at home in the Church of Quell, he was a bit aloof and didn't seem to want to go to the outskirts to fulfill your promise to your captain. If memory serves he tried to get Sath or was it Darius to join him on some sight-seeing. The potential weakening of your party in dangerous part of town you may recall." He sits there refectively for a brief second, "Certainly not characteristics of community and helping a fallen sailor's family. Charity for the poor and destitute did not ring in his spirit." He lets his insightful words sink in. " Of course, I wish I can help more with Harok but every spare coin I have for that endeavor takes away from the my aid to people in this community. I have limited resources both monetarily and in manpower."

Finally he states, "If the dragoon leadership permit it, I will seek audience, but their agenda may not warrant such a meeting."


"I may be able t'git y'a guide, but he won't want any fightin' and well, Thumbs Reach is potentially cursed so he's gonna want high'r pay...maybe 10 gold to git y'there."


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

No fighting, 20 there and back...


"Let me check 'round, when you leaving?"

3,501 to 3,550 of 14,076 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.