Baldwin the Merciful's: Razor Coast (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

The Razor Coast has drawn men to madness and slaughter since the world was young. Tulita natives, born from the same fire as this jagged coast, claim the Razor existed long before the world’s other lands. It is a crucible of flame cooled by the ocean’s caress and its mountains, reefs, and lightless depths teem with as many terrors as lustrous spoils. The Razor bucks the trappings of civilization in much the same manner the storm-tossed sea spurns the men who dare mount her. This is no place for the weak-willed. Untested souls are food for its storms, its fickle gods, its ancient spirits, and the evil predations of unfathomable creatures. No less dangerous are the men who make the coast their home and whose dark desires put most horrors to shame.


6,101 to 6,150 of 14,076 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>

Evil GM

I think they were trying to grease the sides of the ape so it could pop out easier.

Cir is keeping a keen lookout until she observes a trispeckled butterfly flitting around her head, which diverts her attention somewhat.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Chell nixed the idea of smoking the cave, so Torgue pulls hard with the others assisting and ape is slide out of its wedged position.


Evil GM

RC Initiative:

chell: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Astrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Sorrin: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Embrianna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

torgue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

cireladwen: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

bonegnaw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
scraggs: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

*The capt and jenkie won't be able to attack in the cave

Initiative Order:

Chell
Sorrin
Torgue
Scraggs
Bri
Bonegnaw
Cir
Astri


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Oooh it was stuck in the hole because it was squeezing! That makes sense.

Astrianna keeps lookout as well instead of helping move the ape, making some excuse about chimeras, or making sure they didn't miss anything, or something vaguely resembling a desire to avoid manually extracting a gorillon from a relatively tiny hole.

She gasps as the Cir spots the beautiful butterfly and starts trying to figure out what type it is, rattling off her educated guesses to Cir with plenty of explanation.


Evil GM

Peering inside the cave you are amazed how it can be pitched black within 5 feet of the opening. Solid darkness to your eyes, yes a good hiding spot from wandering eyes. Does anyone have darkvision?

RD 1 Map

What is the marching order?


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Embri has Darkvision. Most of us can make light in one form or another, have to cast first of course. Due to the possibility of traps, I'd say front to back, Sorrin, Torgue, Chell, Bri, Astri, Cir.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Marching order sounds good. I think we should wait until I shrink back down before heading in so I don't squeeze, only takes 2 minutes


Evil GM

Torgue we can fast forward if you like and say you pulled the ape out right near the end of enlargement. I'm going to wait for sorrin since he is going in first and is a the top of the order.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Can you shoot two or a few of these in there?. Sorrin passes sunrods.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Euphemia tries loading her bow with a sunrod and tests the feel of it.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna raises an eyebrow. "Sunrods weigh about a pound, you'd probably be better off just throwing it. Alternatively you can wait a few moments and I can create a magical, mobile light source inside the cave."


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

I have Darkvision


Evil GM

Cir tries to test the sunrod but she quickly shake her head, her arrows are clearly longer than then rods. She quickly dismisses the idea.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Can't see in the dark but I can see other things at times. Especially these big things with long noses, colored pink for some reason.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 1

Seeing Cir test the sunrods confirms Astrianna's suspicions they would make poor projectiles, though her mind does wonder if somewhere out there someone has fashioned vampire-slaying sun-arrows.

Regardless if Sorrin tosses the rods into the cave, she casts a cantrip and four balls of light appear and zip into the cave to shed light.

Standard Action: Cast Dancing Lights, duration 5/6 rounds.

Free Action: Move lights into cave, starting with O 45 and back until 100 feet away or the cave turns.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen chuckles and uses her own inner light to fire a glowing layer down the passage to accompany everything else done to illuminate the area.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

The cave is going to turn into a rave party at this rate.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

do i have light. *checks character sheet* I do not. I delay until i can see things.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Evil GM

Initiative Order:

Chell
Sorrin - tosses a sunrod
Torgue
Scraggs
Bri
Bonegnaw
Cir -
Astri - spell with dancing light

Peering into the cave you see scattered gnawed bones scatteered aorund the tunnel like cave. There are two side tunnels (from what you can tell from this POV) and long center tunnel that has what looks like lines of stalactites.

Torgue since you are at the opening now that light has been tossed into the cave you make a perception check.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Evil GM

DM:

scraggs stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
bonegnaw: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

There's an assortment of knotty roots covering the walls and floor mixed in with the stalactites, but your perceptive eyes pick out the tip of black tail slipping into one of the side tunnels (tunnel on your right).


Evil GM

Chell are you still holding? if so, Torgue you are up.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

I see a tail slipping into the tunnel on the right. Everyone ready to go in?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Sunrod in one hand, scimitar in the other... Sorrin enters the cave and follows the tail.


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue follows behind Sorrin.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Astrianna thoughtfully considers Torgue's words before following the group. "We are walking into the den of Bonegnaw's pets... be wary. The gnoll is probably getting desperate, and may loose something horrific on us."

She continues to voice her opinion out loud. "Where did he get all of these creatures?" It then occurs to the half-elf that she would happily take on jobs to capture such creatures for the right pay, and answers her own question.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

A seasoned and well traveled hunter, no doubt. I admire his prowess.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen ducks in after everyone else, but without saying a word.


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

And Chell follows Torgue in the suggested marching order, pulling out an Everbuning Torch. "Should I perhaps watch the entrance in case there is no way out or he comes out close by? I am quite low on spells. I have a spell to hold humaniods, one to produce fog from myself and one to provide sanctuary from the enemy. Also that fog isn't going to last forever and some of those prisoners might be good with a bow. We'll need to show a tough front if we want them to throw down arms."


Evil GM

sorrin I need a perception check from you.


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

And now, he knows that...

Perception, +2 hidden/trap: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Evil GM

As Sorrin and Torgue proceed into the caver you each take damage to your feet as you feel sharp thrones tear your soles and damage your feet, ankles and lower legs.

damage sorrin: 1d6 ⇒ 4

damage, torgue: 1d4 ⇒ 1

damge, Chell: 1d4 ⇒ 2

damage, Bri: 1d4 ⇒ 3

damage astro: 1d4 ⇒ 4

I need reflex saves from each of you or your landspeed is reduced by half if you fail the save. DC: 15


Evil GM

sorrin you didn not recognize the trap and you were the only one with the ability to recognize the trap.


Evil GM

RD 1

Down the right tunnel is hyena tucked in the corner, he growls and hisses but down not move/att - yet. (he is holding until someone threatens it.)

-----
Bonegnaw

Pops his head and arms for behind the first row of stalactites which he is using as cover and fires at Sorrin, who is the first in the line.

bow: 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15;damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

bow: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14;damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Of course the dice fail me.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 1

Astrianna shrugs at Chell. "I believe we should stick together. You've got a boarding pike, and sometimes that's all you need." She sighs at Sorrin. "Why are you so paranoid? You must think- ow ow ow s#%* there's thorns everywhere!"

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Yay feets are safe!

The half-elf momentarily forgets her pain as Bonegnaw pops from behind cover and fires on them. "There he is! Cir, the arrows!" She ignores the hyena unless it becomes a threat.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Cireladwen's eyes widen. She doesn't remember giving anyone her name, let alone the abbreviated version used only by her twin brother and some long-dead humans. Still, her muinthel nin has a point.
Not as many as she gave to Cireladwen, though.

Can Cir even see the enemy, though?


Male Human Warrior 1/Fighter 5/Rogue 4 | 32/99 | AC 27/18/20 | F 10/R 10/W 3-4 vs fear | Init +5 | Perc +7/+10 traps

Boss, you rolled d10 to Hit for Bonegnaw.

The Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Chell jumps as small sharp objects bury into her legs. She gives a prayer of thanks for the thick boots and baggy pants since they stopped the worst of it.


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Oops. Astrianna doesn't know Cir's name, I had just woke up when I made that post and totally forgot. :p She would keep calling her Mellon.

Hahaha he did use d10's. No wonder the dice failed.


Female Elf Expert 1/Fighter 6 (Hp:54/54) //AC: 19/15/15//F+6 R+7 W+6//Init +4, Perception +11/

Oops! Just in case, as she wasn't listed, but still. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Reflex


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Torgue curses as his foot is impaled.


Evil GM

Cir if you walk in the cave you will need that reflex, the gnoll has cover but you can shoot at him. You can't see his hyena though.

Thanks for the heads up on bonegnaw.

att: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
att: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

You can use the previous damage rolls. oops that hurt.


Evil GM

You really don't see the spiky growth but you sure can feel it.

Torgue is the only one failing the reflex save, so he is limited to half speed.

I screwed up in everyone's favor with the damage, it's 1d4 for every five feet so Sorrin and Torgue would have suffered more damage since they are farther in the cave. Oh well, that's fine... they don't call me "the Merciful" for nothing.


Female Changeling Witch / 8 HP: (51)51 / AC: 13 (with MA: 17) / Init:: +2 / Perc: +6 / Will: 10 , Reflex: 5 , Fort: 3 / CMB: +3 / CMD: +13

Deciding that Stalactites will make good anchor points, Bri caste her web spell in the cave, centered on the gnoll.


Evil GM

The thick web clings to wall, ceiling, floor and stalactites.

reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

The gnoll is not grappled as he was able use some of the stalactites to create some open space.


Evil GM

“Ahr the Ring sent ye, did they? Well I give t’ same answer,
ye’ll get yer cut over me cut and dead body!”
The gnoll growls at his attackers.


Evil GM

Updated RD 1 Map

I placed a light red down to show the squares with the spike growth cover. I also put up the web


Evil GM

Cir you still have your action.

Initiative Order: RD 2

Chell
Sorrin -
Torgue
Scraggs
Bri
Bonegnaw
Cir -
Astri

RD 2


M Human Warrior/Barb1/6Init+1Fort+12Ref+3Will+4,Perc+9AC19/T11/FF19/HP44/100CMB +10/+12 Sunder CMD 21/23 Sunder

Torgue looks at the others The Ring?


Cleric 18 | HP 33/61 | AC 20(22 with shield), Touch 13, FF 18(20) | CMB +6 | CMD 18 | Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +15 | Init +2 | Perception +14 (+16 on ship) | Spells: 1st 3/7 2nd 3/6 3rd 2/5 4th 1/5 5th 1/4 | Channels: 3/7

Hit Torgue with a CLW from the wand so he can move.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


CN Female Half-elf Iconic Envoy 9| Sp: 63/63 | Hp 54/54 | Rp: 10/10 | EAC: 20 , KAC: 20 | Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init: +3 | Percep: +14, 12 Metron darkvision | Condition:

Round 2

Astrianna thinks to herself. Thi' Ring the prize fighter at the Broken Skull? Doubtful. Or THE Ring, an unknown group...? Hard to tell with his accent, but I distinctly heard "they".

The bard attempts to pull a fast one and keep him talking. She gives Torgue a Shhh look. "There are those in the Ring looking to move up. Your head will be a stepping stool for our boss when they take credit for collecting the cut."

Bluff: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Going to wait on everyone else to take their actions, cause there's a lot of people to shoot through right now.

6,101 to 6,150 of 14,076 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Razor Coast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.