The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge: Explore, Report, Cooperate!

Game Master Tyranius

The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge is a place where agents hang out and await their next mission. We're a lodge for PF1 adventures. Please check out our sister lodges, linked below, for Starfinder, ACG and PF2!

PbP Special Events and ConventionsAnnouncing PBP Gameday VIIIPlay-by-Post Gameday VIII signupsGM Mentor Lounge

Castamir's Flaxseed Station (Starfinder Society)Flaxseed on Deck (ACG)Cottonseed (Playtest & PF2)

Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide | Getting ready for PFS PbP | Kit for New PbP GMs

NEED TO FIND THE ONLINE SUPPORT PROGRAM?
https://onlinesupportprogram.com/


4,051 to 4,100 of 7,638 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Male Mutant | PFSTracker | Useless husband of Warah
GM Doom 'n Gloom wrote:
That filled up fast. I have a PM out to the reserved players. That is a great offer Sodium. If I don't hear back by Monday evening, I'll give the first open slot to PaleDim. Two openings and you're both in.

I was reviewing the front page of this thread (Campaign Info) to help get prepared in case I get in. I noticed that there is a list of GM signup links and yours is not on there. Are there many more GMs than are listed there? Is there a good way to find the additional signup sheets apart from scanning old posts?

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
War for the Crown
PaleDim wrote:
I noticed that there is a list of GM signup links and yours is not on there. Are there many more GMs than are listed there? Is there a good way to find the additional signup sheets apart from scanning old posts?

The vast majority of GMs recruit by posting in the Flaxseed Lodge's recruitment thread. The spreadsheet system is outdated, and not used as much anymore.

The best way to join games is just to read the Flaxseed thread regularly.

Dark Archive

Male Mutant | PFSTracker | Useless husband of Warah
GM Granta wrote:
PaleDim wrote:
I noticed that there is a list of GM signup links and yours is not on there. Are there many more GMs than are listed there? Is there a good way to find the additional signup sheets apart from scanning old posts?

The vast majority of GMs recruit by posting in the Flaxseed Lodge's recruitment thread. The spreadsheet system is outdated, and not used as much anymore.

The best way to join games is just to read the Flaxseed thread regularly.

Will do. Thanks!

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Running The Godsmouth Heresy on the drive to and from Disneyland was a very interesting experience.


? Retail Worker/12

Playing in The Godsmouth Heresy via phone with the folks on the drive to and from Disneyland was a very interesting experience.

...honestly kind of surprised at how viable it was, even with clunky technology and time zone differences...

PSA BEFORE FOLKS GET DUMB IDEAS!

DO NOT GM AND DRIVE!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

For those who are participating in our GM mentor program, a campaign is set up here for organizing things. Please dot and delete from gameplay so that is kept clear for important official announcements and stuff. Discussion is open for almost anything. Newer GMs who want to get better are welcome. Experienced GMs who want to help are welcome. Players who have never GMed but might want to try it are welcome. I'm trying to create a setting where those of us who see GMing as a skill we want to hone can come together and help each other. I hope to see many of you there.

The Exchange

My Game Tracker If using PFS Tracker, search Upaynao 43451 // My signup sheet

Ok. I have to ask. How. Does ToZ have it memorized??


|Ruins |WBGoblins|RotRL| Emerald Spire|

Pdf's are a wonderful thing.. lol!

-Posted with Wayfinder

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

Yup. Roll20 was up to track the map, since you can still use it offline after it is open. Had the PDFs open to read from, and a car charger converter for power. Keep my phone plugged in the the laptop for power while we dialed Wei Ji in.

Now, it certainly wasn't optimal, and I didn't have the adventure prepped as well as I should. And a Corolla was a bit tight for comfortable space, but we made do.

Sovereign Court RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16, 2011 Top 32

Road-trip gaming. Now I have new bucket list item.


James Martin wrote:
Road-trip gaming. Now I have new bucket list item.

Not for me, unless I take Dramamine beforehand. Would have a totally different experience. (Cannot read in the car)

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

I almost had the same issue starting out, but getting some dinner before we got started settled my headache. I don't recommend it for everyone, but it's cool to have it under my belt.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
GM Andrew wrote:
James Martin wrote:
Road-trip gaming. Now I have new bucket list item.
Not for me, unless I take Dramamine beforehand. Would have a totally different experience. (Cannot read in the car)

Sounds like it would be an entirely different sort of bucket list. IYKWIM(AITYD).

Grand Lodge

Female CG Half-elf Cleric 13 | HP: 133/133 | AC: 24 (15 T, 20 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 26 (27 grapple) | F: +18, R: +13, W: +21 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init: +5 | Perc: +26, SM: +7 | Speed 30' | 0/7 Channels | 0/9 BoL | 0/2 GF | Active conditions: none
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
DO NOT GM AND DRIVE!

There's something I never thought I'd read ... :)

Dark Archive

James Martin wrote:
Road-trip gaming. Now I have new bucket list item.

The GenConVoy is always a fun ride from minneapolis to indianapolis. We tried toconference call two vehicles this year but it didn't work.

Though it was the greatest game on the drive home...

Gm never drives. Thats just silly

Shadow Lodge

Table Maps | Passing the Torch | Slaver's End

CaravanCon was my inspiration. We were but a pale shade. :)

The Concordance

7 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bard 12/Technomancer 8

Ah breaker one-nine, this here's the T-O-Z, you gotta copy on me Big Hmm? Ah yeah, 10-4 Big Hmm, fer shure, fer shure, by golly it's clean clear to Lastwall, c'mon...Yeah, that's 10-4 there Big Hmm, yeah we definitely got the front door, good buddy, mercy sakes alive looks like we got us a convoy...

Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June
In a mini-van haulin' dice
We'd just called up to the Land of Lakes
Where the the Mountain Dew don't need ice
We were off to a con on I-one-oh
But the wait was prohibitive
I says "Big Hmm, this here's the T-O-Z,
And I'm about to roll initiative."

Cause we gotta gaming convoy
Rollin' through the night
We gotta gaming convoy
Ain't she a beautiful sight!
Come on and join our convoy
We need healers in the very worst way
As we roll this gaming convoy
'Cross the USA...Convoy!

Dark Archive

hp 17/17; ac 13 t 13 ff 11; f 3 r 4 w 8; bab 1 melee 1 range 4; cmb -1 cmd 11; move 30, climb 20; init +6; 7/7 hvnly fire, wih 48, wmm 48, wand ma, wbh (lvl 3) 4, wbh (lvl 5) 6 | grippli sorcerer/3 | | -13 * | image
skills:
acro 2, heal 6, Climb +7, Heal +6, Know (arcana) +6, Know (religion) +4, Perception +11, Profession (librarian) +10, Spellcraft +7, Stealth +8 (+12 in marshes and forested areas.), Survival +5

Hmm...

A little problem in this game ... we finished our scenario pretty much... we were essentially just reporting to an npc, but hadn't returned to absalom yet. Haven't heard from our GM since the 26th. He did state earlier he'd been sick, then in a car accident, but we heard from him once since then. I pm'd him a couple of days ago, but no response. I hope he's okay, but we need our chronicles so we can play in GD pt 2... any chance of maybe having another GM do a drive by, check out a little of gameplay and make us some chronicles?

Grand Lodge

Male Elf CG Sniper (UC Rogue) / 8th| HP:59/59| AC:23 T:16 FF:17 | CMB:7 CMD:24 | Saves F:+3 (+2 vs poison) R:+13 W:+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+13 | Per: +19
Gribbl wrote:

Hmm...

A little problem in this game ... we finished our scenario pretty much... we were essentially just reporting to an npc, but hadn't returned to absalom yet. Haven't heard from our GM since the 26th. He did state earlier he'd been sick, then in a car accident, but we heard from him once since then. I pm'd him a couple of days ago, but no response. I hope he's okay, but we need our chronicles so we can play in GD pt 2... any chance of maybe having another GM do a drive by, check out a little of gameplay and make us some chronicles?

Yeah, I'm in a Phantom Phenomena game with the same GM...we've been playing it since May...he sometimes goes a week or so without posting...everytime I either thought 'bout dropping out or finding another GM, he'd post...like you, I hope nothing's wrong...


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

I just posted something similar about the same GM over in Castamir Station. I'd be willing to help (following the instructions posted there) with the confirmation group. How do I know how to make out the chronicle for the missing GM?


6 people marked this as a favorite.
Venture Lieutenant Play by Post PBP GM kit
GM Redelia wrote:
I just posted something similar about the same GM over in Castamir Station. I'd be willing to help (following the instructions posted there) with the confirmation group. How do I know how to make out the chronicle for the missing GM?

Thank you for offering to help Redelia. I will take care of it as it is only a matter of handing out the chronicles.

A bit of background
Our great Venture Lieutenant for Online Play Hmm has asked me a few months ago if I wanted to become the Venture Agent for Online Play (PFS) at the Flaxseed Lodge. I was (and still am) honored and after a bit of discussion agreed to take on the responsibility. We are now awaiting official assignment from the higher-ups in the hierarchy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Magabeus, I think they probably need one GM post to end the story, also. At least one player in the group has never played that scenario before.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Magabeus wrote:
GM Redelia wrote:
I just posted something similar about the same GM over in Castamir Station. I'd be willing to help (following the instructions posted there) with the confirmation group. How do I know how to make out the chronicle for the missing GM?

Thank you for offering to help Redelia. I will take care of it as it is only a matter of handing out the chronicles.

A bit of background
Our great Venture Lieutenant for Online Play Hmm has asked me a few months ago if I wanted to become the Venture Agent for Online Play (PFS) at the Flaxseed Lodge. I was (and still am) honored and after a bit of discussion agreed to take on the responsibility. We are now awaiting official assignment from the higher-ups in the hierarchy.

Congrats man and a huge thanks for taking on a supporting role in the commuunity!


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | Oathbreakers DIE! | What Prestige is Worth

Small forum. I was about to mention that d'Eon/GM Aeon doesn't seem to be responding, and hasn't posted from any of they're accounts in about a week. Noticed it in my First Steps Part I game. So I checked today and d'Eon seems to be in the middle of running about 10 games and thought I'd come here to mention it. Anyone know if d'Eon's okay?

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Goblins|| ...||Heresy

I'll offer to help out with Daedin's Phantom Phenomena game. I'm wondering if this is a case of a fairly new PbP GM taking on more games than they could handle and getting burnt out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture Lieutenant Play by Post PBP GM kit

Turmoil, thank you for offering to take over the Phantom Phenomena game. Please do so.

As for d'Eon: as far as I know he was in a car accident, but posted after that. I do hope that he is all-right and able to let us know soon.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
James Martin wrote:
Road-trip gaming. Now I have new bucket list item.

When I was in middle school and high school (35 years back!), a group of us used to take part in a 20-mile fund-raising walk, and the guy who ran our gaming group would run D&D games for us! He had a set of index cards for dice rolls, and for a d20 he'd draw a card with a number from 1-20 on it, then ask a player for a number from 1-20. He'd add them up and if it went over 20, he'd start again at 1. We would play 8 hours of D&D while we walked, all on index cards. Made the time pass very quickly.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Wizard (software developer) 2 / cleric (IT support) 2
Khelreddin wrote:
When I was in middle school and high school (35 years back!), a group of us used to take part in a 20-mile fund-raising walk, and the guy who ran our gaming group would run D&D games for us! He had a set of index cards for dice rolls, and for a d20 he'd draw a card with a number from 1-20 on it, then ask a player for a number from 1-20. He'd add them up and if it went over 20, he'd start again at 1. We would play 8 hours of D&D while we walked, all on index cards. Made the time pass very quickly.

And just like that, a forum full of gamers suddenly wanted to go on a 20-mile hike.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

(Oh, there's a parallel discussion in the Castamir station. )

d'Eon is also in my Solstice Scar and has also stopped posting for a week. His past postings can be infrequent, but this is the longest period of absence.

Anyway, Was going to offer to pick up Phantom Phenomena as I've prepped it for slot 2. But GM Turmoil has got it covered. :)


| Witch Saga | Knowledge questions | Templates

This is a muster call for Master of the Fallen Fortress (CORE):

Greymore
Codar
PaleDim
Banesama
GM Crunch
Great Green God
SodiumTelluride

Yep, I'm taking everyone!

Please report here


4 people marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Attention Lore Wardens! The Changing Lore Warden blog will be of interest to you, going forward.

Hmm


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Venture Lieutenant Play by Post PBP GM kit
Magabeus wrote:

A bit of background

Our great Venture Lieutenant for Online Play Hmm has asked me a few months ago if I wanted to become the Venture Agent for Online Play (PFS) at the Flaxseed Lodge. I was (and still am) honored and after a bit of discussion agreed to take on the responsibility. We are now awaiting official assignment from the higher-ups in the hierarchy.

Now that this cat is out of the bag: please come to me with any Pathfinder Society PBP issues that you might have or questions you want to ask. I will try to answer them ASAP. I know some of you have been in contact with Hmm, but we want to give her room to breathe.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Chronicle Sheets GM Busy At Work........
Magabeus wrote:
Magabeus wrote:

A bit of background

Our great Venture Lieutenant for Online Play Hmm has asked me a few months ago if I wanted to become the Venture Agent for Online Play (PFS) at the Flaxseed Lodge. I was (and still am) honored and after a bit of discussion agreed to take on the responsibility. We are now awaiting official assignment from the higher-ups in the hierarchy.

Now that this cat is out of the bag: please come to me with any Pathfinder Society PBP issues that you might have or questions you want to ask. I will try to answer them ASAP. I know some of you have been in contact with Hmm, but we want to give her room to breathe.

Congratuations! You certainty deserve this!

So I have another person to PM/post and ask questions too. :P


4 people marked this as a favorite.
"Doom Girl" // PbP Events // PBP Gameday VIII Player Signups // PbP GM Kit // Aeon Throne MapsPlayer Folder // Pact World Warriors //

Thanks guys! My plate is a bit full right now. Okay, it's overflowing -- I have some family matters to deal with. Magabeus is kindly picking up stuff for me so that we can keep this region flowing smoothly.

Hugs all.
Hmm

Grand Lodge

M CN Half-Orc Bloodrager 1 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +7, R: +4, W: +3 | Init: +2 | Perception +8 (6 Without Sight), Sense Motive +2 | Low-Light Vision

Was Paizo down this morning? There were a few hours I was unable to get on.

Dark Archive

TN Psychopomp Eidolon 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 15, Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 14 | CMB: +4, CMD: 15 | F: +3, R: +1, W: +2 (Death, Disease, Poison Immune) | Init: +1 | Perception +4, Sense Motive +4 | Darkvision
GM Hmm wrote:

Thanks guys! My plate is a bit full right now. Okay, it's overflowing -- I have some family matters to deal with. Magabeus is kindly picking up stuff for me so that we can keep this region flowing smoothly.

Hugs all.
Hmm

No worries Hmm, family first! Hope everything goes alright, throwing a Morale Bonus your way!


Wetbeard wrote:
Was Paizo down this morning? There were a few hours I was unable to get on.

It was down for about 5 hours (has been back on for about 2 now).


Yes it was down... you can always check at isitdownrightnow.com when you're not sure.

The Exchange

Female NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0, Sense Motive +0 | Low-Light Vision

How viable, or unviable, is a Medium mounted character in PFS? If I'm interested in a Sword-and-Board type build on a mount, as opposed to a lance charge build, is it more doable? Is mounted PFS as hard as everyone says?

To be honest I'm enough in love with the idea that it's happening regardless, but I'm more curious if getting mounted feats is a waste.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It is doable, you just have to consider certain situations and what you would do/how you will overcome it.

Let's say you have a horse as your mount. What do you do if you have to climb a ladder? Leaving it behind is always an option, but what if that would result in the death of your horse for whatever reason? Are you viable without your mount? What if you will be on a ship or another place where it will be a burden to have around?

I'm not trying to scare you out of it, but IME the more practical stuff is where I see these players have difficulty.

Potential solutions to the above questions that may or may not help you going forward:

  • Carry companion spell
  • A pulley system with strong allies
  • Spider climb/fly/etc spell combined with a trick (regarding the handle animal skill) involving the companion to utilize it properly
  • Leaving your companion (assuming it is safe)
  • Build in such a way that being mounted is beneficial, but not the lynchpin to your entire build
  • Serious investment in the ride and handle animal skills

    For build suggestions, there are guides that discuss several types of cavalier builds if you are interested in those!

    EDIT: You can also carry a lance for the super charge and then get rid of it after your opening assault in favor of your other weapons.

  • The Exchange

    2 people marked this as a favorite.
    Female NG Human Barbarian 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC: 17/Touch: 12/Flat: 15 | CMB: +6, CMD: 18 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +1 | Init: +2 | Perception: +0, Sense Motive +0 | Low-Light Vision
    Gummy Bear wrote:
    snip.

    I'm actually looking at the Mother's Fang archetype for the Nagaji, which gives them a Giant Snake mount. The snake has a climb speed and a swim speed, so it SHOULD be able to make it through some of the more difficult terrain.

    Sovereign Court

    War for the Crown

    Reduce animal scrolls can also come in handy.


    PFS Tracker Have Feedback? GM Ietsuna's Gm Feedback Form

    I will be making a call for my 2 Gameday VI tables in the next day. Just tidying up a couple things first.

    Grand Lodge

    | Dead Suns AP |
    Old Nan wrote:
    How viable, or unviable, is a Medium mounted character in PFS? If I'm interested in a Sword-and-Board type build on a mount, as opposed to a lance charge build, is it more doable? Is mounted PFS as hard as everyone says? To be honest I'm enough in love with the idea that it's happening regardless, but I'm more curious if getting mounted feats is a waste.

    Don't go Lance. From experience, it's not worth the arguments with GM's. Because the mounted charging rules are a mess. Anyways... in combat you'll be a feat or two behind most foot sword and board builds. However, you'll have a meat shield and extra mobility.

    Though, don't try this on a regular horse. It needs to be from a class feature which levels with you.

    [ooc]Also, seconding the First Mother's Fang suggestion. You're a snake/lizard man riding a GIANT SNAKE.

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    GM Ewok wrote:


    Don't go Lance. From experience, it's not worth the arguments with GM's. Because the mounted charging rules are a mess.

    Dissenting Opinion: I have a Cavalier who, while he prefers his greatsword, will wield a lance when mounted. He's only had so many opportunities to do this so far, but the results can be spectacular when you get to do it, and I don't recall ever seeing an argument come up because of it (either between me OR any other Cavalier player).


    Yeah +1 for the mounted cav.

    You don't always get a chance to do your thing, but it's still viable (and fun!)

    Liberty's Edge

    My -1 is a halfling cavalier/bard on a wolf. I ended up putting the called enhancement on my lance so I can charge, drop it, do close melee and/or spells, then when it's time to charge somewhere else, swift action to get it in hand.

    I also gave my mount the lunge feat so it could attack at reach when I didn't want to completely close.

    Sovereign Court

    Female Gnome Cavalier of the Cockatrice (beast rider, emissary) 2 | hp 22 | AC 19 T 12 FF 18 | CMD 14 | F +6 R +1 W +0 (+2 v text) | Spd 15' | Init +1 | Perc -1 (low-light), SensM -1 |

    "'Halfling cavaliers', pfft!"

    Liberty's Edge

    HP 36/36; AC 20, t 14, ff 17; f 5, r 4, w 2; bab 4, melee +5, ranged +7; cmb 5, cmd 18; init +3; wand clw 38 | ratfolk cavalier/4 | -20 *
    skills:
    acro 9, bluff 2, diplo 7, handle animal 9+2+2 (+4 with rodents), intim 9, know local 8, know nature 6, perc 2, perform: oratory 8, ride 10+1, survival 5

    Hey, better than tallfolk cavaliers!

    Liberty's Edge

    Squire Droo Nettlezum wrote:
    "'Halfling cavaliers', pfft!"

    "I challenge you to a duel! Scathing haiku at dawn!"

    I did say cavalier/bard ... ;-)

    4,051 to 4,100 of 7,638 << first < prev | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / The Flaxseed Pathfinder Lodge of Cassomir, Taldor All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.