Suicide Squad

Game Master Patrick Curtin


351 to 400 of 873 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"Alas, rutting with a wanton before the curious eyes of companions in a chamber containing vampire corpses and the next chamber of danger opening soon is not on my list of goals for this life. Maybe next life," Chandi says blandly.


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Atma's face briefly shows a look of irritation that Ash ignores her pale tattooed foot, but it fades as quickly as it appeared. She once again puts on her boot lacing it up nice and tight.


Bribes always welcome
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:

Ash places a hand dramatically upon his chest, all wide-eyed innocence.

"Cheat? Me? You wound me sir! I am a professional!" Ash sniffs with wounded pride. He makes a show of counting out all of the coins on top of the sarcophagus lid, to prove that he's not up to anything.

As the others attend to the final arrangements of the rooms former tenants, Geygar, a serious look on his face once more, examines the next door and it's plaster seal.

Per: (Look for traps) d20+20

Presuming either there are none, or he doesn't SEE any traps

Shrugging, the elf swiftly goes to work on the door and plaster seal as before, working slightly more quickly now that he's familiarized himself with the doors and sealant once already.

Disable Device: d20+28

Ash clears the plaster of this new door. As he works he begins to smell something foul

No Perception needed...

The unmistakable smell of rotting flesh oozes from the other size of the door. Ash also notes that the lower bits of plaster he clears seem to be caked with some grotty residue. Coppers to crumpets there's something dead on the other side of the door

The door is clear to open. Actions?


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth looks around, then strides forward to wrench open the door, earthbreaker held in his other hand.


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

"What a wonderful smell you've discovered Ash, is this treasure hunting or are we looking for Drow? I don't think there are any Drow in there..."


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"Mr. Yates has a nose for adventure."


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

"If we must follow every stupid idea he has, I will prepare myself for the eventual blowback of dealing with the undead..."

Myth begins casting series of spells, one takes effect quickly and sheathes him in a faintly shimmering elven chain while the second takes longer appearing almost ritual in nature and creates a translucent barrier of white light before it fades.

Myth casts Mage Armor and after a few mystical passes he casts Death Ward upon himself. Current AC = 17 and gains a +4 morale bonus on saves against all death spells and magical death effects. Myth is also granted a save to negate such effects even if one is not normally allowed. The subject is immune to energy drain and any negative energy effects, including channeled negative energy.


Bribes always welcome
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth looks around, then strides forward to wrench open the door, earthbreaker held in his other hand.

The door, once cleaned of plaster, reveals a double door. Two handles open it inward. Mareth grabs the handle of one and yanks, it opens about two inches then a rattling sound echoes in the room and the door stops. Mareth can see several solid loops of chain secured around the handles on the other side. The rotting flesh smell grows stronger, but there is no light beyond the door to reveal its source


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Atma wrinkles her nose at the smell.

"Bah, whatever's in there is already dead...nothing to play with that bleeds anymore."

The dhampir lightly touches Mareth's arm while looking back at Chandi.

"Is this our path, Lady Blue? It seems to be chained up with the smell of death to keep the chains company. Is this how we reach the killable, drainable elves?"

Her eyes drift towards Myth as he casts his magic. He will most likely notice her attention is always drawn when he uses his magic around her. Occasionally a visible portion of her tattoos shimmer when magic happens.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth peers through the crack in the door.

Anything visible within 60 feet with darkvision through the crack?


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Mareth Gornn wrote:

Mareth peers through the crack in the door.

Anything visible within 60 feet with darkvision through the crack?

Eddin elbows Mareth in the side, then holds up another one of his little glass flasks.

"Hey guy, you need some light?"


Bribes always welcome
Mareth Gornn wrote:

Mareth peers through the crack in the door.

Anything visible within 60 feet with darkvision through the crack?

Mareth sees a long tunnel that slopes into the earth, fading off into the distance. Closer to the door, there is a pile of not-so-fresh corpses. He sees five bodies, all looking as if they fell in combat


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

"Hey. I just open the doors. I make NO guarantee about contents or occupants on the other side!" Geygar protests.

Seeing the chain wrapped around the handles on the other side of the doors, the elf looks for a lock on it to pick, or some other way of removing the chain.

Per: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28
Disable (Pick lock) 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (13) + 28 = 41


Bribes always welcome

Ash sees the bodies. They look inert. Usually undead are bad about staying quiet. He gets the lock and easily unlocks it. The chains fall off and the doors swing in, a body that was leaning against one tumbles into the room and lands with a thud. It's a drow female, her body bloated and stinking. Her armor and weaponry seems to have been stripped from her. She is dressed in a stained ripped padded gambeson.


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Atma's eyes show disapproval over the top of her dress' lace cuffs as the elven body falls in front of Mareth, Ash, and her.

"I'm pretty sure I was promised living blueberries to make my juice drinks," she says flatly.

Her eyes flit up to Ash and a certain kind of hunger seems to be filling them. The soft sound of lip smacking can be heard...


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Ash glances at Atma, then glances back again, slightly wide-eyed.

"Again. I only OPEN the doors. I don't provide guarantee of contents!" He protests vehemently, edging slowly, ever so slightly away from Atma and her lip-smacking sounds.

"Although, mayhem is not MY specialty,..." Geygar says, giving certain others in the group a direct look. "I do believe that these are fairly,... erm,... a little too,... juicy,... to have been here for too long. Which means they came from downstairs recently. And if they were recently alive, that means that surely there must be some still-living,... erm,... 'blueberries', for you to look forward to? Right?" Ash says with a wide-eyed grin.

"Of course, that also means that whoever, or whatever, killed them is likely still nearby too,..." He adds, scanning the space beyond the doors suspiciously.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth pushes through the door. He glances at the bodies with his darkvision, looking for signs of obvious wounds.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth pushes through the door. He glances at the bodies with his darkvision, looking for signs of obvious wounds.

"After you sir." Geygar murmurs, showing no signs of being offended by the action. He gestures with a smile for the others to precede him too.


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth gestures for Ash to go first, Not to worry my friend, I'll watch your back for you".


Bribes always welcome
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth pushes through the door. He glances at the bodies with his darkvision, looking for signs of obvious wounds.

There are five bodies, two female and three male. All have been stripped of arms and armor. Three were killed by small projectile weapons, judging from the puncture wounds on them. The other two were killed by blunt force trauma. One missed silver piece gleams in the dust. Octagonal, with a spider on one face and a female on the other, ringed with what look to be Drow runes

Drow:

Spoiler:
DEI ARACH LOLTH REG SUB MUNDI

A hallway runs into the darkness. On the left side some 20 meters away lies a door.


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

With a murmur and a touch, Chandi makes her belt pouch glow and examines the bodies to see if there's anything unnatural or unusual about their deaths. She holds her breath.

heal: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Naturally. And there probably won't be anything to find.


Bribes always welcome

The puncture wounds are very small , and the discoloration around the wound sites suggest poison was involved. The blunt force trauma was weapon work, possibly a large mace.


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"Beware of darts - perhaps a trap? And I would wager poison is involved. I suggest our trapfinder go first, to add some enthusiasm to his skills."

Chandi hesitates a few seconds. "There may also be something rather large or strong ahead."


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107
Chandi wrote:


Chandi hesitates a few seconds. "There may also be something rather large or strong ahead."

Mareth turns back to look at Chandi for a moment, idly adjusting the grip on his earthbreaker, before bringing his attention to the door.


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Chandi wrote:
"Beware of darts - perhaps a trap? And I would wager poison is involved. I suggest our trapfinder go first, to add some enthusiasm to his skills."

"Poison, eh? Good to know. Never can be too careful with the stuff. And speaking of stuff, I call bagsies on his when he gets shot full of darts."

Chandi wrote:
Chandi hesitates a few seconds. "There may also be something rather large or strong ahead."

Eddin feigns confusion, then dramatically points to the hallway, then back to the group.

"Oh, you mean all the way down there. And here I was thinking you were talking about the giant armored sausage link we've got over here by the door."

He gives Mareth another dig in the ribs.

"Hey, ever hear the one about the guy who was shot seventeen times? He found it an arrowing experience."


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Mythaniel Barronion wrote:
Myth gestures for Ash to go first, Not to worry my friend, I'll watch your back for you".

Ash arches a fine eyebrow.

"Um. Thanks?"

Geygar does precede the wizard, but mutters clearly,

"Of course, the last guy who volunteered to watch my back tried to put a knife in it."

Ash stops as he passes Myth, and gives his fellow elf an enigmatic smile.

"He tried."

With a wink Ash passes the doorway and studies the entrance to the passage with the others.


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:
Mythaniel Barronion wrote:
Myth gestures for Ash to go first, Not to worry my friend, I'll watch your back for you".

Ash arches a fine eyebrow.

"Um. Thanks?"

Geygar does precede the wizard, but mutters clearly,

"Of course, the last guy who volunteered to watch my back tried to put a knife in it."

Ash stops as he passes Myth, and gives his fellow elf an enigmatic smile.

"He tried."

With a wink Ash passes the doorway and studies the entrance to the passage with the others.

Myth winks back, "Don't worry Ash, I'd use a spell to melt your bones instead. It's painless from what I understand, well, once you're dead it's painless..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Chandi wrote:
"Beware of darts - perhaps a trap? And I would wager poison is involved. I suggest our trapfinder go first, to add some enthusiasm to his skills."

"Of course. All of the risk. None of the glory." Geygar replies brightly.

Quote:


Chandi hesitates a few seconds. "There may also be something rather large or strong ahead."

"Of course." Ash repeats, considerably darker and more subdued.

At Edin's constant comments, Ash finally rolls his eyes so hard they threaten to lodge in his brain.

"Oy, Mighty mouth, take a breath willya? I'm working here!" Ash growls irritably as he scans the floor and walls ahead.

Per to find traps: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (20) + 20 = 40


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Mythaniel Barronion wrote:
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:
Mythaniel Barronion wrote:
Myth gestures for Ash to go first, Not to worry my friend, I'll watch your back for you".

Ash arches a fine eyebrow.

"Um. Thanks?"

Geygar does precede the wizard, but mutters clearly,

"Of course, the last guy who volunteered to watch my back tried to put a knife in it."

Ash stops as he passes Myth, and gives his fellow elf an enigmatic smile.

"He tried."

With a wink Ash passes the doorway and studies the entrance to the passage with the others.

Myth winks back, "Don't worry Ash, I'd use a spell to melt your bones instead. It's painless from what I understand, well, once you're dead it's painless..."

At this Ash makes a thoughtful face and nods. "Makes sense."

Geygar manages to conceal his shudder of revulsion at the thought. Mostly.


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"If Mr. Gornn was able to beat these people to death before we ever got here, I'd be extremely impressed. Extremely." She nods at Ash. "Good luck, Mr. Yates. And be careful."


Bribes always welcome
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:


"Oy, Mighty mouth, take a breath willya? I'm working here!" Ash growls irritably as he scans the floor and walls ahead.

Per to find traps: d20+20

The hallway shows no sign of traps. No holes, off cobbles, or anything else.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Did Ash's check take in the door also? If so, and Ash gives the all clear, Mareth will head towards the door with the intent of trying to open it.


Bribes always welcome

Ash's roll cleared the entire area including the door

Mareth approaches the door. It has a carved death motif of skulls and demon faces. He pushes on it and it swings open, revealing a hallway.


female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

Indrana had been very quiet for a while now, keeping her thoughts to herself and her eyes opened. Any thoughts of amusement at the banter or complaints her companions made were kept to herself. She wasn't the smartest or wisest person around, she knew that, she preferred brute force or seduction to deal with a problem, but she knew enough about when to keep her mouth shut that she was careful to do so for the time being and watch for trouble with her scythe at the ready.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Chandi wrote:
She nods at Ash. "Good luck, Mr. Yates. And be careful."

Ash fixes Chandi with what is likely supposed to be a stunning, charming smile.

"Why darlin', I didn't know you cared!"
Geygar immediately waves off any response.
"Not to worry sweetheart. 'Careful' is my middle name! One of 'em anyways."

And the lithe elf tiptoes carefully down the corridor.

Satisfied the way is clear, and very sure of himself this time, Ash straightens up and waves for the others, and is immediately bumped to the side by the armored juggernaut Mareth.

"I'm gonna have to wear extra padding or I'll be black and blue at this rate." Geygar grumbles as he peeks past Maerth's armored bulk at the new hallway.


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:

"Of course, the last guy who volunteered to watch my back tried to put a knife in it."

Ash stops as he passes Myth, and gives his fellow elf an enigmatic smile.

"He tried."

"What, did he try and stab you handle-first or something?"


Eddin Costayne wrote:
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:

"Of course, the last guy who volunteered to watch my back tried to put a knife in it."

Ash stops as he passes Myth, and gives his fellow elf an enigmatic smile.

"He tried."

"What, did he try and stab you handle-first or something?"

Ooo


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Main corridor or hallway behind skull door? I am thinking skull door.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Eddin Costayne wrote:
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:

"Of course, the last guy who volunteered to watch my back tried to put a knife in it."

Ash stops as he passes Myth, and gives his fellow elf an enigmatic smile.

"He tried."

"What, did he try and stab you handle-first or something?"

Ash looks at Eddin.

"Yes. He was a moron." Ash says straight-faced.

"So I gave him a lesson I call 'The pointy end goes in the other fellow'. He was a quick learner. Too bad he could only take the lesson once."


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Main corridor or hallway behind skull door? I am thinking skull door.

I agree! :)

Geygar peeks around the armored bulk of Mareth into the space beyond the skull door.

Per: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Totals are 19 for general perception, 22 for avoiding surprise, and 24 for spotting traps (Different Per bonuses)


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:
Eddin Costayne wrote:
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:

"Of course, the last guy who volunteered to watch my back tried to put a knife in it."

Ash stops as he passes Myth, and gives his fellow elf an enigmatic smile.

"He tried."

"What, did he try and stab you handle-first or something?"

Ash looks at Eddin.

"Yes. He was a moron." Ash says straight-faced.

"I guess that says a heck of a lot about your common sense there, bud. Running with a guy you know is an idiot, giving the guy a knife, and then being surprised when he tried to stab you with it? Not to mention bragging about stabbing one of your own guys in the middle of a job. Must have put up one heck of a fight, bein' a simpleton and all. Sounds easier than punching out a toddler. Not exactly a vote of confidence for your skills there, guy."


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Rule 183. If the GM puts in a skull door, take the skull door.


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2

"This one time, I was arguing with this guy, and I got so riled up that I stabbed him right in the behind. It took a while, but he got my point in the end."


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth makes a gargling noise that may indicate either mirth or frustration, then grabs Ash by the collar and propels him with him through the doorway and into the hallway beyond.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

Rules 184, if there is a skull door there is likely a big, or skull, key somewhere in the dungeon to unlock said skull door and no other method will suffice.

...Oh wait, there isn't a blonde elven princess captured by a dark force that makes us travel the entire continent to defeat him and still not earn the princess' hand at the end. Never mind.


Male Fetchling Ninja 9

Kanir observes the proceedings quietly, but takes an obvious interest in the slain drow, particularly when it is revealed that poisons were involved. He admires the handiwork of such skilled murder...


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth makes a gargling noise that may indicate either mirth or frustration, then grabs Ash by the collar and propels him with him through the doorway and into the hallway beyond.

"ACK!" is Geygar's immediate response to finding himself flung headfirst through a door with a skull on it. Not his preferred method of entry.

Upon stumbling to a halt, still upright, he immediately whips around and glares at Mareth. His eyes narrow and his voice takes on the slightly deeper, gravelly tones he used when he was first drug to the audience chamber.

"The Ash doesn't like being manhandled. At least not by a man, sweetheart." Ash grumbles as he straightens his clothing.

"My uncle threw me through a door once. Once." He mutters, then belatedly realizes that is on the OTHER side of the door from all the others, and swiftly looks around.

Another Per roll, from inside the room! :) 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Totals are 33 for general perception, 36 for avoiding surprise, and 38 for spotting traps (Different Per bonuses)


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:
"My uncle threw me through a door once. Once."

Eddin leans in toward whoever is closest, whispering loudly.

"Must have walked in on his uncle bumping uglies with the neighbor's wife when he was a kid. Boy howdy, I bet his uncle was really ticked off about that. Chucked him right through the front door, and the little dickens ran off to his momma cryin' like a kicked puppy. That's just my theory, at any rate."


Bribes always welcome
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth makes a gargling noise that may indicate either mirth or frustration, then grabs Ash by the collar and propels him with him through the doorway and into the hallway beyond.

"ACK!" is Geygar's immediate response to finding himself flung headfirst through a door with a skull on it. Not his preferred method of entry.

Upon stumbling to a halt, still upright, he immediately whips around and glares at Mareth. His eyes narrow and his voice takes on the slightly deeper, gravelly tones he used when he was first drug to the audience chamber.

"The Ash doesn't like being manhandled. At least not by a man, sweetheart." Ash grumbles as he straightens his clothing.

"My uncle threw me through a door once. Once." He mutters, then belatedly realizes that is on the OTHER side of the door from all the others, and swiftly looks around.

Another Per roll, from inside the room! :) d20+15
Totals are 33 for general perception, 36 for avoiding surprise, and 38 for spotting traps (Different Per bonuses)

the hallway is empty. ash gets the feeling no ones been in here for a long time. The air seems undisturbed

For the sake of sanity this module has a big area set up with absolutely nothing in it. Disregard and move down the hallway

351 to 400 of 873 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Suicide Squad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.