Suicide Squad

Game Master Patrick Curtin


201 to 250 of 873 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth continues to silently watch Atma feed. As it continues, he stoops to pick up his hammer, swinging it absently. When Atma stops feeding and begins laughing, then throwing jags of energy about, he glances over at the pile of his armour sitting within his tent, then goes into a defensive crouch, earthbreaker held ready.

Full defence action.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Ash is watching Atma pretty intently now. His conversation with the Fetchling almost forgotten. Seeing her reaction to feeding, he shudders, but it is one of those things that you just can't look away from.

When Atma goes maniacal-crazy-witch and charges Indrana with some sort of dark-energy spellblade, Geygar seems to have had enough. In an instant he is no longer entranced by the sight of Atma, and dives for cover with only a slight yelp of surprise.
(Although certainly no respectable 'working man', or even adventurer, could possibly mistake the sound that Geygar makes as a sign of panic or fear. Nope. Never.)


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Chandi sighs, watching the shenanigans with an air of sadness and unsurprised disappointment. I've never seen adults behaving more like children wanting to be checked by their parents, she muses to herself, What were their homes like when they were children? Did anyone firmly but lovingly correct them? How often is the state forced to step in to mind adults because their parents failed them?

She shakes her head and fingers her necklace. Oh well. Nobody ever accused me of being the motherly type. As she sees the alarm in others of the team, she sighs again. How I wish we had had time to stop at a bawdy house for a day or two before venturing forth. But as it is... let them work it out, or step in? I'd rather they work it out, but...

She calls out, loud enough to be heard over the giggling and dark energies swirling around the duo, voice flat and unemotionless. "Enough. There will be plenty of time for weapons play when we reach the Underdark."


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

DM:
Once night falls Myth, now fully recovered from his dalliance, will cast Invisibility, Defensive Shock and Fly on himself. He will then fly to where Mareth stands guard.

Mareth - Infernal:
Mareth once again hears the voice of Myth whispering to him close by If you can See Invisibility you can see me otherwise you cannot. "Warrior. I shall now inspect the collar around you utilizing my magic. I shall not touch or attempt to remove it in any way".

DM:
Cast Arcane Sight and inspect the collar Mareth wears until my Invisibility is about to wear out. Then I will head back to my tent to jot down my thoughts.


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

When Chandi calls out, Atma turns and rushes towards her. Not attempting to deflect or block the attack Indrana had already begun on her disengagement, a rather brutal cut slashes Atma's dress and the flesh of her side. Blood begins to flow.

Atma stops outside of attack range as Chandi's assistants respond with alarm. With a crack, the void energy weapon in Atma's hands explodes into vapor, leaving the dhampir standing before the samsaran face and hands smeared with blood, dress ruined, and a serious wound on her side. Her crazed smile a rictus accented wickedly by her red eyes, hot coals in the cavern of her skull.

"Lady Blue..." the woman starts in a hushed tone.

"Why are you here?"

She cocks her head.

"Why are you here?"

Her smile fades. Her eyes begin to return to normal.

"Why are you here?"

She suddenly sits facing Chandi, her hands rising to once again hide her bloody mouth smearing her white lace cuffs red.

"Why are you here?"


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Chandi reaches out and lays a blue finger on the back of Atma's hand.

"For this," she says flatly.

Fervor to heal: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 4) = 13


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Atma's eyes widen, and at first nothing seems to happen, but the crystal clipped to Atma's choker suddenly glows. The dhampir's wound heals to nothing but a rather unfortunate cut in the young woman's dress.

"Hmmm...hmmm," Atma mumbles, her eyes becoming droopy as whatever insanity that had gripped her simply vanished.

"You're blue..." she mutters as she slumps over onto the ground, her eyes closing. "I like that..."

In seconds Atma is asleep at Chandi's feet dead to the world where she remains the rest of the night unless moved.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Geygar peers from where he dove moments ago. Seeing the immediate insanity seems to be ended, he rises and casually brushes himself off. Reclaiming his seat on his bedroll he nods at Atma and whispers to Kanir as if nothing had happened.

"So, 1st place? Or second runner-up?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Fetchling Ninja 9

"It's hard to a pick a first place," Kanir mutters to Ash. "It's like comparing apples to psychopaths." He pauses a moment, then signals in cant: I am not a thief. But I do kill those who steal from me. After another moment he whispers, "I believe we understand one another. I get the feeling we will be traveling with this cohort for some time, so it will not do for any of us to cross one another unnecessarily." He looks back to the others and sighs. "They will figure that out eventually."


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Chandi frowns at the young lady at her feet, tries unsuccessfully to rouse her, and, without much effort, picks her up and carries her to her tent. Laying her on her bedroll, she withdraws, stops by Indrana for a moment to speak quietly to her, and returns to her cross-legged position by her own tent.

Indrana:
"Thank you for letting her ride with you, and for keeping her contained. Are you injured?" If she is, Chandi will offer healing.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth remains in his defensive crouch at least until Atma passes out.

Mythaniel:
Mareth makes no response, but he remains still and his crouched position gives Mythaniel access to the collar.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Kanir Faine wrote:
"It's hard to a pick a first place," Kanir mutters to Ash. "It's like comparing apples to psychopaths." He pauses a moment, then signals in cant: I am not a thief. But I do kill those who steal from me. After another moment he whispers, "I believe we understand one another. I get the feeling we will be traveling with this cohort for some time, so it will not do for any of us to cross one another unnecessarily." He looks back to the others and sighs. "They will figure that out eventually."

The pale elf actually chuckles a bit at Kanir's comments.

"Yeah. Eventually. Tomorrow I'm laying odds on how long that'll take."

Geygar looks around the camp, At Chandi, the tent where Atma is now tucked. The scarily-desirable Indrana, constantly giggling Eddin and the giant, iron-clad form of Mareth, still crouched warily waiting to spring even though Atma appears to be taking a nappy time. The elf shakes his head with a 'what did I do to deserve this?' look on his face.

Geygar continues to sort through his pack and gear, taking slower motions with his sharper toys, just to show Kanir and Chandi he wasn't doing anything silly. Just Yet.

Once Chandi seems preoccupied, Geygar casually takes out a small silver mirror and studies his face, frowning at the dirt and such still remaining even after their impromptu wash earlier.

Tilting the mirror slightly, still rubbing his fingers over his chin and cheeks, Ash begins studying his collar instead,...

Ack, at work, still have stats at home. Rolls later. :(


female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

Indrana was caught off guard by Atma's sudden withdrawal from the contest, even more so that the dhampir allowed herself to be injured. The surprise turned to frustration as Atma had gotten her all hot and bothered only to leave her unsatisfied. As Chandi approached Indrana slung her weapon back into it's carry position and leaned down slightly to hear what the blue woman said and responded just as quietly to her while shaking her head.

Chandi:
"No, I am unhurt, but I'm not fulfilled. She started foreplay and then left my desires unsatisfied. I've been locked up to long, I need to be pleasured." She raised an eyebrow as she asked, "Would you care to feel pleasure like none you've felt before?"


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Indrana:
Chandi shakes her head in the negative. "Healing your Creature is my problem. Indulging your Creature's natural base appetites is not. Find another with whom to rut in the bushes." This is delivered matter-of-factly, without heat or judgment.


female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

Chandi:
"You don't know what you're missing Blue. One day you'll find out though, and it will be far less pleasurable for you. You'll remember this day then and wish you'd had me now when you're begging for the release of death."

Turning back to the gathered inmates Indrana gave them a challenging look and asked, "Who wants to satisfy their urge for carnal pleasure. I need to f~*@, who wants to enjoy me?" Her bosom heaved as she drew on finger down between her breasts, shuddering at her own touch.


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"Or you can take this opportunity to choose to curb your Creature and thus elevate your soul," Chandi announces, "We are all beings of both Spirit and Creature. Our Creature wants without limits. We must take care of it so that it bears us well through this life - that is a given. But if we indulge it in its unbridled wants, it will taint our Spirit and bring it closer to the Spirit of a lower being. Then, when we next come to the Great Wheel of Transmigration, where our souls are judged and our next life assigned, we are born in a form that more suits our bestial Creature soul - a weasel, perhaps, or a rat. We do not progress to higher planes by indulging our lower appetites."

She shrugs. "Your choice, of course. It can be difficult to deny our Creature. Some people are too weak to do so."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf Unchained Rogue 9

"Oh, I'm weak. I'm so very weak." Ash says aside Sotto Voice to Kanir. His eyes never leaving Indrana.

"I just don't know if I'm THAT weak. I mean, I LIKE playing with fire as much as the next guy. But I hate the getting burned part, you know?"

Ash continues to watch Indrana.

"Maybe just a little burnt wouldn't be so bad." He grins lasciviously.


Male Fetchling Ninja 9

"Competing for that accolade of craziest parolee, are we?" Kanir rasps to Ash. "I'd sooner feed myself to the vampire." Kanir's idle curiosity at the highjinks of his companions has given way to dismay. He turns back and climbs into the tent, bowl of stew in hand.


female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

Looking to Chandi, Indrana laughed and said, "I'm already out of your vaunted cycle, my soul was consigned to the abyss when I die years ago."

She noticed Geygar's eyes on her as he spoke and brushed past Chandi to approach him. She leaned forward to grab his shirt and pull his face close to her's as she said, "So, you want to play..." she looked him up and down once and said, "You'll do."


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Geygar's eyes widen as the strong, winged succubus-in-training lifts him bodily from his resting place. Then his eyes slowly narrow, and he gives a smirk that is almost a sneer.

"Oh I'll DO sweetheart! The Ash has a few surprises for ya. Years of experience for one thing. I don't think there's anything you can show the Ash that he hasn't seen before, but IF you can, I promise to return the favor!" Geygar promises in a slightly raspy voice, his toes still dangling above the ground.


Bribes always welcome

OK, I think you've had your fun...

The group passes along southwards, through the Broken Lands and across the Isthmus of Krael. It is a long two weeks, and the group slowly develops an uneasy alliance of mutual distrust and fear. They are kept in decent comfort thanks to the hunting skills of Fingal and the culinary skills of Fasif and Shirron.

After the isthmus falls behind them, the Suderlands open to them, the warm coastal currents and more southern latitude making the winter recede in favor for a wet springlike weather pattern. Green sproutings can be seen in the fertile fields, and the forests look less bleak and barren with the fragrant Blossywood trees beginning to bud out.

After a few days of further travel into the central Suderlands, the Helcaraxe Mountains begin to come over the horizon. Tall, brooding peaks, their tops are covered in snow despite the ever warmer temperatures at ground level.

The group take a road that head up into the foothills surrounding the Helcaraxes. They begin to see evidence of strife: Burned farmsteads, several goblinoids hung from trees, the aftermath of a small battle. Fingal takes Chandi aside

"Menchenjaeger, there is a town ahead known as Krissham. We will be able to rest there before pushing on to the entrance to the Underdark. We might also be able to get news and any last-minute supplies. Do you wish to stop there? If you do not, we can take a more wild track and avoid the town altogether."


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Two weeks! :O

Huh...well, some of the rapport building I had planned will have to be reconfigured a little...but I'm sure I can make it work.

After the excitement she caused that first day and night, Atma has been nothing short of boring the last two weeks. Her continuation to compliment Eddin's humor and even occasionally tell her own horrifically dark jokes (that one about the girl who mistook the arterial spray of several unfortunates as warm rain sounded more like an anecdote than a joke) was certainly a sore point for some. She had a disturbing habit of saying things that sounded like jabs, but her usual deadpan manner made it difficult to determine if the words were indeed meant to be hurtful or simply innocently stated as fact.

She also seemed to be extraordinarily social. Well, perhaps social isn't the right word. She always seemed to be found in the presence of others. One would stop to think, "Boy, Atma spends a lot of time around Indrana. And Mareth. And Chandi. And...wait. Everybody?" Yes, everybody. Somehow or another she always seemed to be quietly around. It didn't help that she possessed a ring of sustenance like Mareth and soon had little need to sleep. Probably the most eerie thing was waking up to find Atma sitting there in the dark nearby. Sometimes she would be just staring outside the tent. Other times, she would be mumbling to herself or rocking back and forth. Worst was when one would wake to find her inches from one's face simply staring. Surely just staring. In such instances, she usually fled immediately at having been caught doing...whatever she was doing. Presumably, there has been some complaint about this, and perhaps some may even have thought to punish her. Maybe some found a way to get her to stop, but regardless, Atma has harmed no one since that first night.

Atma does seem to gravitate towards Mareth when everyone else has expressed an interest in her presence being unappealing. Just sitting or standing near the hulk most times. If she ever speaks to him, few have seen it. Atma still refuses to ride on her own horse, and so generally rides with whomever will accommodate her. She frequently pesters Chandi, and her strange obsession with the blueness of the samsaran being without a doubt the stranger part of it.

As they begin to pass signs of habitation and apparent conflict, Atma seems to become fidgety and restless. She watches Chandi's conference with Fingal with a bored expression.


female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

Indrana took to using Geygar for her pleasure that first night but afterwords seemed content to ignore pleasure all together for the next two weeks. She would give Atma a ride on her horse when no one else would seeming to enjoy the strange dhampir's company, in addition she let Atma have space in her tent to sleep in when the smaller woman needed it.

Over the time they all traveled together Indrana was mostly silent, keeping to herself, and it seemed that, when not trying to seduce someone she was not a very quick thinker and spoke little. Her one exception to this lack of interaction was sparring. She proved willing to spar with anyone, and could more than hold her own, though oddly it seemed she was holding back. Her skill with wielding her scythe was superb and she never scored on anyone after that first duel with Atma.


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Indrana:
While Atma doesn't sleep much after her ring of sustenance attunes to her body, unless Indrana denies her, Atma will often climb into Indrana's bedroll and snuggle up to her before passing out. This was surely much more intrusive that first week when Atma was still sleeping the full night, and clearly less so once the week of attunement has completed. Atma's sleep is sometimes fitful, and she mutters strange things from time to time. She's fairly quiet about her comings and goings as to not disturb Indrana, so perhaps the tiefling is not even aware of the dhampir's nocturnal activities.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

I’ll aim to put up a ‘journey summary post’ some time today.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Oh, and not that Mareth is being consulted on whether or not to stop by town, but I would be in favour; I was a bit light on in regards to mundane equipment at character creation, wouldn’t mind picking up a few things – although I suspect Chandi may wish to keep us out of town.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Geygar survives the first night in Indrana's company.

Although judging by the dark looks of some of the others, the bets had been heavily against that happening.

Geygar takes the following period of Indrana's apparent celibacy as further proof of his awesomeness. And does not hold back from mentioning it occasionally. Meaning every day.

Otherwise he spends the indeterminable travel time observing his fellows, sometimes chatting with them, trying to find out what makes them tick. Mostly trying to see if they can actually be trusted to watch his back, or if he should just watch his own, as he's used to.

He settles into talking the most with Kanir, although Geygar does most of the talking. He seems to grow quickly tired of the company of the over enthusiastic Eddin. Although whispers through the small company are that 'Ash' really just doesn't like sharing the limelight.

One night Geygar awoke blearily from his required elvish meditation to find Atma staring intently at him. From a few inches away. He assured everyone that the resulting girlish scream was Atma's.


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
"Menchenjaeger, there is a town ahead known as Krissham. We will be able to rest there before pushing on to the entrance to the Underdark. We might also be able to get news and any last-minute supplies. Do you wish to stop there? If you do not, we can take a more wild track and avoid the town altogether."

"Can we stop? I think we should stop. As fun as it's been all along the dusty trail, I think it's time for some real excitement. How's about we stop at the local watering hole, eh? Hey, that reminds me... did I ever tell you about the time I was in this one border town in the Osterlands? I went to this inn, you see, and everyone was just yelling out numbers, "21! 74!" and so on, and then everyone would laugh. I asked this local fella what was going on, and he said to me that all the jokes there had been told so many times, the town had all the jokes numbered, and people would just yell out the numbers instead of retelling them. "Don't that beat all," I said to him, "say, pal, why don't you tell us all your favorite joke?" So the fella yells out "27!" but nobody laughed. And then the guy on the other side of the local fella says to me, "some people can tell a joke, and some people can't." Hoseheads, the whole gosh-darned bunch of 'em, I tell ya."


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2

"Come on, what do you say, friends? I know half of you have half again as much sense as the other half, and that half has half as much sense as they ought to, but if you say no to that one, well, buddy, I'm not sure if the whole lot of you have half as much sense as I thought. While you're all doing that math in your heads, I'll get a head start on moseying on over to the bar."

Eddin spurs his stubby little horse into a canter.

"Last one there is a... well, whatever the heck you are."


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth is fairly well behaved for the rest of the journey … mostly.

He rides along in silence during the day, rarely engaging with any of the others, although he does not go out of his way to avoid anyone if they try to engage with him – although as far as anyone can tell behind the faceplate of his helmet he generally seems to ignore any attempts at conversation with two main exceptions; Mythaniel occasionally rides near and whispers to the warrior in some foreign language filled with short harsh syllables, to which Mareth sometimes nods or makes some gesture in response. Strangely, as the journey continues, he sometimes also responds in some non-verbal fashion to Atma’s comments and attempts at conversation – towards the end of the journey he even allows her to ride with him from time to time, although he makes no attempt to make the ride comfortable between his own bulk and his spiked armour.

Eddin discovers that, contrary to earlier belief, Mareth does have something of a sense of humour; from time to time he snorts in what seems to be amusement, or even makes a gurgling sound that might be laughter at jokes where the punchline involves someone being murdered, injured or maimed. He has a similar reaction to some of Atma’s otherwise failed attempts at humour.

In the evenings he sometimes hones his combat skills by sparring with Indrana. His combat style obviously favours power over finesse and, like his half-succubus opponent, he appears to be holding back in these sparring sessions. Astute observers may suspect that this has more to do with not revealing all his tricks to Indrana and the others rather than a desire not to harm her or lose control.

Once his ring of sustenance becomes attuned Mareth forgoes sleeping and eating for the main part. He tends to spent his nights catching and torturing local wildlife, taking particular note of how long it takes the animals to die from particular injuries or wounds. He makes no attempts to hide his handiwork, and ignores any requests or orders from Chandi to curtail his work, unless she uses the collar (after which he will stop, but becomes even moodier than before for the rest of the journey).


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107
Eddin Costayne wrote:

"Come on, what do you say, friends? I know half of you have half again as much sense as the other half, and that half has half as much sense as they ought to, but if you say no to that one, well, buddy, I'm not sure if the whole lot of you have half as much sense as I thought. While you're all doing that math in your heads, I'll get a head start on moseying on over to the bar."

Eddin spurs his stubby little horse into a canter.

"Last one there is a... well, whatever the heck you are."

Mareth doesn't do math.

But he does ride, and he's already started that - heading towards the town - by the time Eddin has finished speaking.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Geygar watches both Mareth and Eddin start off towards the town with a bemused look on his face.

He glances at Chandi to see what SHE thinks about two of the most overtly bloodthirsty members of their little group riding straight towards the hapless town below. Then he leans towards Kanir.

"Well. THIS ought to be,... entertaining." Geygar mutters straight-faced.


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth wakes from his slumber the day after his initial encounter with Atma as if nothing happened. He folds up the tent that he slept in and quietly mounts his horse to ride.

As the ride progresses he becomes no more friendly with anyone, the sole exception being the armored warrior Mareth.

Atma:
On a night that Myth wakes to find you staring at him he grins, "Come now my dear. Was it not more pleasant to feed upon me and keep me around for further feedings? The Vampiress I knew had a herd of such mortals in case she ever needed them. With age you will no doubt learn restraint. I can help you with that if needs be. I understand you, your urges are entirely natural. Why hide what and who you are? In fact, I would love the chance to get to know more about one of your kind".

Mareth:
A few nights after the initial view of the collar Myth returns to Mareth's sleepless sentinel watch. In Infernal "I fear great warrior that these cursed items will prove difficult to remove. I have considered a spell that could work but I can only use it upon myself and I am not so confident that it would work that I am willing to try it. For now, we must keep our Handler alive and slay dark elves in droves. Of course, as pleasant as that sounds it is misery to do it at the beck of another. If I find a way I shall surely let you know, once I experiment on the human with it.."

On occasion Myth spars with Indrana. It is clear that he has practiced with a sword. The way he holds himself and the weapon exhibit skill. In practice though it is clear the elf is no match for the warrior woman. He is all style and little substance in melee.

The elf ceases objecting to Eddin's jokes as the journey continues. He appears content to ignore the Handler, Ash and Kanir altogether though he is never as rude to them as he was the first few days. It is almost as if somehow the elf has resigned himself to the fact that he must take part in what is happening.

---

As Eddin and Mareth ride towards the town Myth rides next to the Ranger and the Handler. "It may be a wise choice to grab last minute supplies in this place. Perhaps we can even learn rumors of what takes place in the Darklands nearby..."


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Chandi tends to keep to herself but not isolated, content to observe and listen to the others - for the most part. She does, however, tend to make attempts to persuade them to consider the impact of their actions on their souls - assuring Indrana that her soul is certainly not forfeit since infernal bargains always need to have an out - something about the way mortal souls are guaranteed property of the mortal itself. She tries, with all the force of her (CHA 8) personality, to convince them to make better choices, allowing them to choose, then shutting down cruel activities (like torturing animals).

The first time Alma (or anyone else) tries to enter Chandi's tent after she has retired for the night, a piercing shriek fills the campsite. She is awake and alert before they reach her, sending them away and requesting they respect her privacy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And now... wrote:
"Menchenjaeger, there is a town ahead known as Krissham. We will be able to rest there before pushing on to the entrance to the Underdark. We might also be able to get news and any last-minute supplies. Do you wish to stop there? If you do not, we can take a more wild track and avoid the town altogether."

Chandi nods. "I must not come within two miles of the town, but we may all give you money and lists so you can pick up supplies."

She turns to the group and calls, "We are at our final point for obtaining supplies. The Duke has provided us with a few healing tiles, one hundred arrows, and one hundred sling stones. I have a wand for healing. If you need aught else, give Fingal a list and the gold. He and the others will go into town and fetch what we need."


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth shrugs at Chandi, "I see you do not trust us loose upon such a town".

Myth looks at the assembled crew.

"I suppose were I you I would not trust us either Handler. Very well, give me a few minutes that I may come up with a list, I can write down what I need do you also need a written list from the others Ranger?"


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Perhaps Mareth does do some math after all … enough to realise that if Chandi will not get closer than two miles to the town, his collar will activate should he go there without her. He halts his garron and looks back, waiting for any further development.

Assuming that Chandi remains steadfast, he eventually shrugs heavily and rides to rejoin the others, the faceplate of his helmet turned towards Chandi. He removes his gauntlets and holds out his hand, waiting for someone to give him writing implements and paper, after which he writes out his list in a surprisingly neat hand and passes it to Fingal.

And … what should we stock up on? Would we assume this town mainly has mundane equipment? Any magical or alchemical items? I’m thinking things like ropes and climbing kits might be good for Underdark exploration. What about torches and lanterns, or does everyone see in the dark?


Male Fetchling Ninja 9

Kanir remains less than sociable for the bulk of the journey. However, he does not resist Ash's attempts to start conversation. Strangely, he seems more at ease around Atma than Indrana - Atma's needs are of a familiar sort, and not out of line with his own, in some ways. If he catches her staring at him, he does little more than smirk in reply. He does little to hide his disdain for Eddin's antics or Myth's haughty airs, and seems somewhat uneasy with Mareth's intimidating presence. However, he does come out of his shell a bit when it comes to sparring. After his lengthy imprisonment, he fears his skills may have dulled, and seeks to hone them once again. His forms are quick and graceful, and his affinity for the shadows makes him a slippery opponent.

When they reach the present impasse, he does little more than watch the proceedings unfold. He has not warmed to Chandi and the guards in the least, but one senses he is a man who chooses his battles carefully.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Geygar shrugs and pulls out a few rolls of parchment. He hands one to Mareth with a charcoal stick, and offers one to Kanir. Then he begins making a few notes himself.

I'm thinking renewable resources if available. Like Magical Ioun Torches for light, (even those who can see in the dark need light to see details) :) Does Chandi have access to create food/water if we run out of food supplies? That sort of thing. A good supply of mundane equipment is always a good idea too. (As much as it pains ME to admit it, even magic can't solve EVERYthing.) :P


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

We have two spoons of sustraining gruel or whatever. Chandi can cast continual flame and make permatorches, but the don't float like stones.


female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

Chandi:
When Chandi tried to point out that infernal bargains always had an out Indrana nearly leaped at her in a bloody rage. For a moment it seemed she may have to kill the tiefling woman but after a few moment of choking Indrana calmed enough to glare furiously, "Never compare me to those hell spawn." her tone at the words hell spawn were so utterly vicious one might expect the world to burst into flames, "They might allow such but my path does not. The abyss doesn't accept giving someone an out, the first rights of ascensions permanently weigh the soul down. I will either regain the power stolen from me or my soul will fuel thousands of new demons on my death." If anything she seemed unbothered by the thought. Was she really that far gone, or did she truly believe that, an intriguing question.

Indrana thought over the shopping trip and what she might need, ultimately she needed only food and so said, "I only need more food, and when we start killing I'll need more still."


Bribes always welcome

OK , so skip the town.

Fingàl goes over the requests

"Anything to much we won't find in Krissham. It's a small town. Not much more than a walled village. They have food, a smithy, a cordwainer. "


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

As Myth begins to compile a mental list of what he would like the Handler asks for money and her Ranger informs the group that the town is more of an outpost or perhaps an outhouse, than areal village.

He sighs, "Never mind then. I am fine, though if anyone needs paper and ink for a list feel free to use mine..."


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth shrugs and doesn't compile a list. There's nothing he really needs, apart from to let off some steam, which now looks like it won't be happening until they find some dark elves.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Geygar turns in a list in small, neat handwriting.

At first it seems to be a collection of junk, starting with ropes, pitons, and the like. Then it gets odder,... pig's bladders (airtight), cheesecloth, wood and metal fastenings to create a sturdy 10' (or longer) pole, and the list quickly becomes odder yet. When the soldier looks at him with an obviously confused look on his face, Geygar simply smiles pleasantly.

"You will be surprised at what kind of things can come in handy. ANYthing can be useful. In the correct circumstances."

Basically I'm having flashbacks to my early 1.0/2.0 days. When we used to over come all manners of traps and obstacles with all of the items found in the NON magical section of the adventurer's supply section of the DM's guide. :)


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Those were the days. You'd carry 100 things just to be certain you weren't caught short, and the DM - who knew very well what everyone had - would come up with a need for the one thing you didn't.

Chandi notes her need for a length of rope, some pitons, and a hammer, and hands the soldier some gold.


Bribes always welcome

The group sets up camp as Fingàl and his subordinates go shopping, in hitching the wain horses and using the to ride off.

As the fire gets up they return with everything asked for that could be found


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

This close to the Helcaraxes, Mareth puts aside his usual nighttime activities to stand watch most of the night.


Bribes always welcome

OK. Shall we push forward?

After Fingàl returns and the evening chores are fisinshed a quick meeting is called by the fire. Fingàl takes out a stick and begins tracing in the dirt.

" According to the inhabitants of Krissham there have been a lot of raids going on lately. The townsfolk are actually afraid there might be a raid on their town proper soon. They are busy fortifying the walls and getting their defenses settled. We need to be on our guard for the next bit.

"Now we will be headed into the foothills towards the ancient ruins of Dordrien. Supposedly there is an entrance to the Underdark that few know of below the crypts of that city's ancient rulers.Hopefully we can gain access without being discovered by whatever hostile forces are coming out of the larger portals."

He sketches a few lines and boxes

"We'll go in by the roadway here. I will send the wain to Krissham for safekeeping. The crypts lie by the ancient temple square. There should be a building here. I'll get you here and then stay in the ruins waiting until either a week has passed or you return. Then I'll rejoin the wain at Krissham and we will remain there for another month. If you do not show at that time I will assume you have been slain, and I will report back to the duke."


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth nods in satisfaction at the plan.


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Mythaniel shrugs and looks to Chandi, "How far into the Darklands do we venture. Will even a month be enough time to discover these foes and neutralize them Handler?"

201 to 250 of 873 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Suicide Squad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.