Suicide Squad

Game Master Patrick Curtin


451 to 500 of 873 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Mythaniel Barronion wrote:

Myth moves into position to cover Chandi and holds. Indeed, the elf knows the Tiefling has endless swings of his hammer while his own magic is a more precious and finite commodity and judging from the condition of the Lion, it's on it's last leg anyhow...

Hold

"You're staying to watch, too? We should start charging admission to watch bucket-head over there whaling on critters with that giant novelty hammer he's got. The guy knows how to draw a crowd."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male human fighter 7 / assassin 2

"I mean, just look at him go. I bet he could squish kittens all day long with that thing."

Eddin takes his left hand from the hilt of his dagger and points emphatically toward the fight going on in the next room.

"Believe me when I say it-- that right there is one gigantic tool."

It is unclear as to whether he is referring to the hammer or its wielder.


Bribes always welcome
Atma Leere wrote:

"I only know how to play one way," Atma says in response, both hands balled hiding the lace covering her mouth. Her eyes begin to glow red, her form is suddenly awash in void energy. She shudders as the power both burns and fortifies her petite body.

Atma is accepting 1 Burn to bolster her kinetic defense talent emptiness. This further enhances Elemental Overflow.

She thrusts out one hand with her fingers splayed and as before a jagged tear in reality shoot from it attempting to connect its other end with the lion before her.

[dice=negative blast]1d20+14-4 negative energy v. touch AC
[dice=damage]5d6+10

Please let me know if I need to roll for Spell Resistance. Also, if there doesn't happen to be anyone in melee with the lion when this goes off, please add 4 to hit.

They have SR 16. So roll for that


Bribes always welcome
Mareth Gornn wrote:

As Indrana has large size, she probably has reach and could potentially attack from 10 feet back, allowing two medium sized characters to attack from in front of her? Ash has retreated away to clear space.

Also, I'm not sure how close the two lions are to each other, but if there is only a five foot gap between them for Mareth to stand in, he may offer a flanking bonus for those attacking the lion closer to the doorway.

They are fairly close, so I'll allow the flanking bonus


Bribes always welcome

Initiatives (Lion Brawl) Base 16

Ash: 24 [acrobatting]
Chandi: 22 [hold]
Mythaniel: 19[hold]
Atma: 19 [hit-waiting on SR roll]
Mareth: 19 [Hammer!] [53 dam]
Eddin: 18 Wiseacring
Indrana: 17 [hit-]
Kanir: 7 [hit]
Lions:7

The lions turn their full attention on their foes. 1d2 ⇒ 1 Indrana attracts the attention of the nearer one. Mareth retains the other

Mareth: C/C/B: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 221d8 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 141d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 91d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 261d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Indrana: C/C/B: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 161d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 191d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 321d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

OK. Any holders want to check in, nows the time. Both lions look pretty ragged at this point


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

I'm actually on total defense, so cannot attack.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

The lion’s claws screech noisily across Mareth’s armour without causing any harm, but the bite seems to damage the warrior, eliciting a grunt.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

The wounds he has suffered do not seem to have slowed Mareth down; he continues to pound at the lion with his double-handed hammer.

Power Attack 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21 damage: 2d6 + 21 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 21 + (2) = 28
Power Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 damage: 2d6 + 21 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 6) + 21 + (2) = 30

Attack 2 threatens a critical: Power Attack 2 crit confirm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 damage: 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (5, 6) + 21 = 32


Bribes always welcome

The first lion goes down, its skull crushed


female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

Sorry, I didn't realize that I was being waited on guys. FYI you used the wrong modifiers for my attacks, it's the ones in the spoiler box right now and had the scythe in my hands from before.

scythe: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 352d6 + 13 ⇒ (5, 4) + 13 = 221d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 352d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 2) + 13 = 19


Bribes always welcome

The second lion is cut down

grats folks!

The lion's bodies shimmer and fade as their remains dissipate back to their plane of origin


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth turns back to stare at Ash, who can probably feel the glare behind Mareth's faceplate.


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Not that it matters...

Spell Resistance check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

The formatting of attacks all in one line without tags (dice=Attack_Name) is rather confusing; it looks like that lion attacked Indrana three times? I think one of them hit since she loses AC after gigantising, right?

The summoning of the void barely registers before Indrana bisects the creature.

Atma looks on as they disintegrate with a bored expression. "Mmm..." she utters. The strange play of shadows and feeling of odd gravity doesn't dissipate this time. One end of her white locks floats in front her vision, and she blinks in surprise.

"Oh right..."

Atma closes her eyes for a second and the outward display of whatever power dwells in her begins to fade and she once again looks as she usually appears. She raises her hands to hide her fangs while speaking behind the lace cuffs of her sleeves.

"Don't be mad at 'Drana's plaything, McGrowly. From what I gather, he has to mess up once in awhile just so she'll have a reason to punish him again when they play Huff 'n' Scream in her tent."


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth will consider, if he can, exactly what triggered the appearance of the Lions.

Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth turns back to stare at Ash, who can probably feel the glare behind Mareth's faceplate.

Ash looks at Mereth.

"What?!? Hey c'mon, even I CAN make a mistake every ONCE in a while. You wouldn't life to be boring would you?"

"Besides. THAT particular 'obstacle' most assuredly fell under YOUR specialty, not mine. And I think you proved that nicely, thank you."

Geygar smiles at the large warrior, but manages to subtly (or not so subtly) keep at least one other party member between them until the giant appears to have lost interest in Ash.


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"If anyone needs healing, join me over here before we move on," Chandi offers blandly.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth glares at Ash for a moment later, then turns, brushes past Eddin, barely avoiding impaling him on his spiked armour, and mutely presents his injuries to Chandi for inspection.


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth glares at Ash for a moment later, then turns, brushes past Eddin, barely avoiding impaling him on his spiked armour, and mutely presents his injuries to Chandi for inspection.

"Whoa, hey there, champ, was that one of your armor spikes, or are you just happy to see me?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Fetchling Ninja 9
Eddin Costayne wrote:
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth glares at Ash for a moment later, then turns, brushes past Eddin, barely avoiding impaling him on his spiked armour, and mutely presents his injuries to Chandi for inspection.
"Whoa, hey there, champ, was that one of your armor spikes, or are you just happy to see me?"

"Has anyone ever been happy to see you?" Kanir remarks dryly.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9
Kanir Faine wrote:
Eddin Costayne wrote:
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth glares at Ash for a moment later, then turns, brushes past Eddin, barely avoiding impaling him on his spiked armour, and mutely presents his injuries to Chandi for inspection.
"Whoa, hey there, champ, was that one of your armor spikes, or are you just happy to see me?"
"Has anyone ever been happy to see you?" Kanir remarks dryly.

Ash arches an eyebrow at Kanir.

"Hey. I was gonna say that! Took the words right outta my mouth." Ash grumbles, then smirks at the darkling.

"Heh. You ARE good."


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

While the children banter, Chandi bows her head and touches the spiky behemoth, murmuring a prayer.

fervor: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 1) = 4

She scowls at the big man. "You seem to be resistant to healing."

fervor: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 6) = 11
Using powerful healer blessing for a total of 16 points for this effort, 20 total for both heals.

With a sigh, she cocks her head at Mareth. "Better? I want you at full strength before battles, since few others seem interested in helping you. I will not let you fall, though."


Male Fetchling Ninja 9
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:
Kanir Faine wrote:
Eddin Costayne wrote:
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth glares at Ash for a moment later, then turns, brushes past Eddin, barely avoiding impaling him on his spiked armour, and mutely presents his injuries to Chandi for inspection.
"Whoa, hey there, champ, was that one of your armor spikes, or are you just happy to see me?"
"Has anyone ever been happy to see you?" Kanir remarks dryly.

Ash arches an eyebrow at Kanir.

"Hey. I was gonna say that! Took the words right outta my mouth." Ash grumbles, then smirks at the darkling.

"Heh. You ARE good."

"I have been called many things, but never good," Kanir says as he cleans his blades of gore.


Bribes always welcome

The hallway remains quiet. Nothing advances from beyond the bend.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107
Chandi wrote:

While the children banter, Chandi bows her head and touches the spiky behemoth, murmuring a prayer.

[dice=fervor]3d6

She scowls at the big man. "You seem to be resistant to healing."

[dice=fervor]3d6
Using powerful healer blessing for a total of 16 points for this effort, 20 total for both heals.

With a sigh, she cocks her head at Mareth. "Better? I want you at full strength before battles, since few others seem interested in helping you. I will not let you fall, though."

Mareth was down 20, so that will do nicely, thanks!

Mareth gives a brief, brusque nod, then turns to stare intently at Ash before glancing back down the corridor.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Geygar throws his hands in the air.

"Alright! Alright! I get it! You do your job, I do mine. Get it? Got it? Good! I'm going, I'm going!"

Geygar prowls nearly silently down the hallway,...

Stealth: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38

Perception vs Traps: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth turns to Chandi, "The big man had that. I'll give him help when he needs it, not before. He has endless swings while I have limited magic Handler..."

Pat, any info related to my Know Arcana check?


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Chandi nods. "Makes sense, Mr. Barronion. But I stand by what I said: he will not fall. Not alone, anyway."


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Atma's eyes widen and she points at Myth but addresses Chandi.

"If you kill him for not helping, Lady Blue, let me hang him up to drain! He'll give me several water skins full for sure," Her gaze turns to Myth and her other hand drops from face level slightly revealing a sinister smile of vampiric canines, "And this one is tasty."

Her eyes glow red briefly and for a moment her dress becomes a long crimson gown that suddenly billows behind her like flowing blood.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Chandi wrote:
Chandi nods. "Makes sense, Mr. Barronion. But I stand by what I said: he will not fall. Not alone, anyway."

"Wait, so what if he trips or something? He's gonna fall, and squash you like a bug too, if you try to catch him. Not that that wouldn't be hilarious, but I'm pretty sure that would kill us all."

Eddin gestures to the armored figure.

"If I were you, I'd keep him as far away from the rest of us as possible."


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Atma Leere wrote:

Atma's eyes widen and she points at Myth but addresses Chandi.

"If you kill him for not helping, Lady Blue, let me hang him up to drain! He'll give me several water skins full for sure," Her gaze turns to Myth and her other hand drops from face level slightly revealing a sinister smile of vampiric canines, "And this one is tasty."

"Boy howdy, you're a weird one. I bet his blood doesn't taste good at all. Probably tastes like rotten milk and sadness."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Atma looks at Eddin, her eyes returning to their normal color and usual half-lidded expression. The flowing crimson gown fades into the usual black dress reminiscent of a fancy gothic maid.

"Do you mean you don't like the taste of rotten milk or sadness?" the dhampir asks with the barest hint of inflection from behind lace cuffs. "Hmm hmm." Atma seems to ponder this unexpected revelation about the sharp-tongued man.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Atma Leere wrote:

Atma looks at Eddin, her eyes returning to their normal color and usual half-lidded expression. The flowing crimson gown fades into the usual black dress reminiscent of a fancy gothic maid.

"Do you mean you don't like the taste of rotten milk or sadness?" the dhampir asks with the barest hint of inflection from behind lace cuffs. "Hmm hmm." Atma seems to ponder this unexpected revelation about the sharp-tongued man.

"Man, what the heck is wrong with you, lady? I mean, grave robbing? Summoning demons? OK, I can see that. Stabbing a few dozen hookers? That's fine. But nobody, nobody likes rotten milk."

Eddin raises his arms in exasperation.

"I'm starting to think I might just be the only normal one here."


Bribes always welcome
Mythaniel Barronion wrote:

Myth will consider, if he can, exactly what triggered the appearance of the Lions.

Knowledge Arcana 1d20+18

Mythaniel spots the summoning glyph intertwined with several floral motifs in the background of a fresco. A few marks across it should render it ineffective


Bribes always welcome
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:

Geygar throws his hands in the air.

"Alright! Alright! I get it! You do your job, I do mine. Get it? Got it? Good! I'm going, I'm going!"

Geygar prowls nearly silently down the hallway,...

Stealth: d20+19

Perception vs Traps: d20+20

There seem to be no more traps, but Ash does see the tattered remains of several dessicated dwarf corpses in the hallway past the bend. They are long dead, and almost dust, their bones scattered about, their armor and weapons rusted ruins. A scatter of gold and silver coins twinkle in the pile of their bones.

Farther along the hallway opens into a large room. There are six stone sarcophagi arranged inside it. The sarcophagi look untouched, the carven faces on the lids covered in several inches of dust. Thick cobwebs span the room, but none seem to be from the monstrous sort of spider. A gold-pieced-sized spider does land on Ash as he bats his way through the webs in the doorway, scuttling down his back


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth stalks after Ash, moving surprisingly quietly for a big guy decked out in heavy spiked armour.


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth disrupts the glyph so it does not trigger again and points it out to Ash so he know what to look for next time.

He shakes his head at Atma, "So greedy. Did you not have your fill already my dear?"

He almost laughs at Eddin's joke, "Yes sour milk and sadness. The sour milk of my foes who knew of my greatness and brought me low and the sadness I will bring to them when my plans reach fruition. One day..."

He then takes his place at the end of the line next to the Handler allowing those up front to do their job.

Myth stares at the sarcophagi intently.

Detect Magic.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Geygar nods in understanding as Myth points out the glyph.

Moving ahead, Geygar swiftly divests the dusty corpses of the the shiny bits, then steps back into view to wave the others forward. He glances up in surprise to see the heavy armored juggernaut already halfway down the hall.

The elf nods once, and waves them forward into the room ahead, cursing in elvish as the spider scuttles down his back.

"Blasted bugs!" He hisses as he divests himself of the unwelcome hitchhiker. Then turns his attention to the room and its contents.

The FIRST thing the elf looks for is the same as always, an exit, then he turns his gaze to the sarcophagi themselves.

Perception/Detect traps: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (4) + 20 = 24

But he is still wiggling uncomfortably, as if trying to shake off more unwelcome spider-riders, and isn't looking as closely as he usually does.

"Blasted bugs!" he repeats under his breath.


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Mythaniel Barronion wrote:
"Yes sour milk and sadness. The sour milk of my foes who knew of my greatness and brought me low and the sadness I will bring to them when my plans reach fruition. One day..."

Eddin nods solemnly, then gives a feigned start, looking from side to side.

"Hey, you hear that, guy?"

Eddin looks down at his hand, then puts it up to his ear, rubbing his thumb and forefinger together.

"Yeah, just like I thought."

After a couple seconds, he holds his hand out toward the elven magic-user, thumb and forefinger still together, a grave expression on his face.

"It's the world's smallest sad violin. I think it's playing for you."


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth nods to Eddie gravely, "I think that sound you hear is the beginning of a ringing in your ears that won't go away because you never shut up. I have been around Humans a long time and I know you all believe that what you have to say is so important that every solitary thought must be uttered out loud but you are without question, the worst of the worst such offenders. I am starting to believe that is the reason you were locked up in a cage, your own people were sick of hearing you".

He pauses, "Now be silent, I am trying to do something important. If I discover anything I shall be sure to let you know so that you can investigate anything I may find and talk to it until it begs for a second death which it no doubt would with your constant verbal diarrhea".

He turns his attention back to the crypts.


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2

"Speaking of important, that reminds me of a story that happened a while back to a friend of mine that I just made up."

Eddin coughs for emphasis.

"A young man is getting ready to meet his beloved at the king's ball. First, he goes out to buy some fine clothes, but there's a long line at the tailor's, and it takes forever. Next, he has to go and get a bunch of flowers, so he heads over to the florist, and there's a really long flower line there. He waits forever, but he eventually gets the flowers. Finally, the hour of the ball comes, and the young man is dancing happily with his young lady, and she's having a darn tootin' good old time. When the dance is over, she asks him to go get her some punch, so he heads over to the punch bowl, and there's no punchline."


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Atma chuckles behind her lace cuffs at Eddie's anti-joke though the half-lidded expression the others can see never changes.


Bribes always welcome
Mythaniel Barronion wrote:


Detect Magic.

The sarcophagi do not read magic, but they are possibly too thick to read whatever might be inside them.


Bribes always welcome
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:

The FIRST thing the elf looks for is the same as always, an exit, then he turns his gaze to the sarcophagi themselves.

Perception/Detect traps: d20+20

But he is still wiggling uncomfortably, as if trying to shake off more unwelcome spider-riders, and isn't looking as closely as he usually does.

"Blasted bugs!" he repeats under his breath.

The room seems to have no exit save the one they came in. Dust and cobwebs lie thick everywhere and the air has a certain staleness that Ash recognizes as the smell of a room with little circulation.

The spider tumbles off and scuttles into the shadows. Ash can see a lot of its cousins hanging up in the webbed corners. None are of a size to be dangerous, but they are not fun to look at either.


female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

As normal since they entered this place Indrana was silent and wary. not to mention worn out after the fight with the lions, and so she simply watched for something she could or have fun with. She only half listened to the banter, particularly Eddin, who she was beginning to think might make a nice snack whose essence she could take, maybe she would share him with Atma. The vampiric woman could have his blood, Indrana could take his life force as she screwed him and both the woman could have themselves sated, all for the life of one obnoxious human. She glanced and Chandi then and reconsidered, it wasn't likely that their supervisor would allow it and so Indrana made it one more mental note of things to pay the blue woman back for once she was free of all of this.

The presence of the sarcophagi was troublesome, they'd already run into vampires down here and she wasn't sure what else they might find. She was relieved that, as always, she had her scythe ready. Geygar getting a spider down his back was somewhat entertaining and she nearly giggled at the sight of him, she managed to suppress her mirth. She heard Eddin begin telling what he thought was a humorous story and when he finished she said, "So that's what happened to her boyfriend. That girl was sobbing when he didn't come to save her when I forced myself on her and consigned her soul to the abyss, he must have still be looking for the punchline."


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"You are sadly deluded, Miss Indrana. One can consign one's own soul to the abyss or be tricked out of rights to it, but force another's to an eternity in hells? Never. The soul's fate is in our own hands, always, unless we give it away of our own accord." Chandi shakes her head. "Somebody sold you a flawed philosophy. And Miss Leere, you mistake my intention entirely. This group views life through rather... interesting... lenses." She moves with the rest into the sarcophagus room.

"Oh, this looks interesting." She scrutinizes the room from near the doorway.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Atma regards the samsaran with a flat expression. "Lady Blue...some of the things you say make me think you really don't understand what life is and why we are all here.."

Atma once again skips along to catch up with the armored hulk. She stops in front of a sarcophagus and leans over to examine the designs.

"Helping others move on to the their next phase is what I was born to do! That's what my daddy taught me," the girlish dhampir says in a toneless voice over her shoulder to Chandi. "'Ma-Ma,' he said. 'You drink their blood and it tastes good. They don't know that you should drink it because they are afraid. Afraid that they didn't choose to worship the right gods, that they didn't tithe enough, that they weren't nice enough to that homeless man they ignored starving in the alley. Fools, all of them. There is no need to let them suffer in this world with delusions that anything they think or feel will change what comes next. So many things await them, to feed on the essence of what they are inside. The soul, Ma-Ma, even you have one. And what happens to your soul when it leaves this body? It's just food for something else. Good. Evil. Order. Chaos. In the end we are all consumed for the benefit of some other thing which was not made with the weakness of a soul.'"

She turns to face Chandi her mouth hidden, but her eyes are wide. "I forgive you for being so worried about what comes next. Daddy always told me that the worry and fear is as natural to a mortal as breathing. That's why there so many things in the night that feed on those feelings. It's just the cycle of life and death. 'Life is pain, Chandi. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something.'"

-quote by William Goldman


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth grunts in approval at the Dhampir's message.

"If these sarcophagi hold some sort of magic, the lids are too thick for the most basic of detection spells to discover.

There is likely some sort of hidden way through this room below. In the walls or perhaps in the crypts themselves unless we missed a passageway..."

He enters and begins to search the room for hidden doors.

Perception Take 10 for 21


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"This is enlightening. I begin to understand why some of you act as you do, if you believe you are helpless instruments in the hands of demons or fate or destiny. But I tell you it is not so. You are the rulers of the sovereign state of your soul, and only you determine what it is you can do. And you are never really lost - just as angels have fallen, so have archdevils been redeemed by their own will and acts. Hell does not like those stories bruited about, but it happens. My words may be nothing to you now, but many incarnations down the road, they may begin to bear fruit as you decide to determine your own destiny and let the forge of the world beat the impurities out of you." She smiles, a tiny, self-conscious thing. "And now, the sermon is over. We should follow Mr. Yates' and Mr. Barronion's examples and look to our survival in this life."


Bribes always welcome
Mythaniel Barronion wrote:

Myth grunts in approval at the Dhampir's message.

"If these sarcophagi hold some sort of magic, the lids are too thick for the most basic of detection spells to discover.

There is likely some sort of hidden way through this room below. In the walls or perhaps in the crypts themselves unless we missed a passageway..."

He enters and begins to search the room for hidden doors.

Perception Take 10 for 21

Just an reminder that this room was off a corridor that led to a staircase leading down. I need to get my map fu up >.<

Mythaniel searches the dusty cobwebbed walls to little avail. The room seems airtight


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"I don't really want to suggest this, but I don't want to leave enemies at our back, so... should we open the sarcophagi? One at a time?" Chandi sighs.

451 to 500 of 873 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Suicide Squad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.