Suicide Squad

Game Master Patrick Curtin


401 to 450 of 873 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

That's how Mareth makes sure the rogue is checking for traps ...

OK, let's move on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Mareth Gornn wrote:
That's how Mareth makes sure the rogue is checking for traps ...

Anyone else getting Zogonia flashbacks?


Bribes always welcome

Loved that comic


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Yeah, Zogonia was awesome.


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"Still alive in there, Mr. Yates? Mr. Gornn? It's not like Mr. Yates to be quiet for so long. Maybe he's dead."


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Naw, just busy. (With WORK unfortunately. On Memorial Day) ;P Zogonia was good, but I liked how Nodwick became the answer to every obstacle. Willingly or otherwise. ;)

"SHeesh, yew too? I'm just dustin' off. I mean, scouting ahead." Comes the snarky reply, dripping with wounded pride.

"It's safe. All you brave warrior-types can come on in. Ol' Ash has cleared the way for ya." Geygar drawls, once more in full command of his own self-awesomeness.


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

"Well done, Mr. Yates. And Mr. Gorn? Before you shove Mr. Yates through another skull door, be certain you can keep him alive. After all, we rely on him to find traps and keep us safe from drow trickery. If he does, someone else will need to take his place, and that someone might not be so skilled. The worse our trapfinding becomes, the less our chance of surviving this and obtaining your freedom. So take care of him, because we're stronger together." She ponders a moment. "If it helps, remember that the more of us there are, the more targets the enemy has to choose from and the lower the chance they will choose you. It's in your interest to endure Mr. Yates for this short time in return for a lifetime without him."

Chandi follows the other into the skull room.


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

Atma purses her lips and taps her cheek at Chandi's words, pondering. She glances through the door at the elf. Her finger switches to tapping one of her rather pointy incisors and one eyebrow lifts consideringly. For a moment, her clothes suddenly change to resemble an executioner's garb and a large axe made of void energy appears in her opposite hand before dissolving back into her normal gothic black dress.

She lets out a farumph sigh blowing a silver bang up and away with an annoyed expression.

"I think you ruin a lot of things that promise to be so much fun, Lady Blue," the young dhampir says petulantly.


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Ash smirks at Atma as she joins them in the Skull room.

"There's fun, and then there's FUN little Lady. I'll choose the one that let's me enjoy it longest. Preferably with company." He flashes a predatory grin of his own at the vampiric woman.

Yeah, Ash might have missed the little display of Playing Executioner. He does tend to have a one track mind it seems.

Usually centered on himself.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth stares at Chandi for a while out of his featureless helmet, then turns and continues down the hall.


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth waits near Chandi, when she enters the hall, so does he.


Bribes always welcome

Around the bend of the hallway there is a door on the left, and one on the right. About 20 meters down the corridor the top of a set of stairs leading downwards can be seen


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Just let me know when we're past the previously-approved GM 'safe' area. Don't want to waste all the good rolls! :)

Ash winks as Chandi as she enters.

"Don't worry Ms. Blue. Ash'll take care of yew." He says, deliberately reaching for the rhyme. Geygar then prowls ahead towards teh two doors, eyes scanning side to side, looking for the tell-tale signs that even the best trapsmiths leave behind.


Male Fetchling Ninja 9

As Kanir follows along, he begins idly cleaning his fingernails with a dagger.


Bribes always welcome
Geygar 'Ash' Yates wrote:

Just let me know when we're past the previously-approved GM 'safe' area. Don't want to waste all the good rolls! :)

Ash winks as Chandi as she enters.

"Don't worry Ms. Blue. Ash'll take care of yew." He says, deliberately reaching for the rhyme. Geygar then prowls ahead towards teh two doors, eyes scanning side to side, looking for the tell-tale signs that even the best trapsmiths leave behind.

You are. I just moved you down the hallway

The two doors in this stretch of hallway continue the skull and demon motif. The hall smells of old death: Corpses gone to dust long ago, with just a ghost of their charnel stench lingering in the silent hall. Ash sees no traps, but he does notice that there are drag marks in the dust leading to the stairs, and the occasional brown blotch of dried blood. Somebody dragged someone down this hallway fairly recently


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

"Trap-free, so far." Geygar waves the others forward to join him.

"However, there are indications that the area was occupied not too long ago." He points out the drag marks and dried blood spot son the otherwise undisturbed floor before them.


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth remains near the Handler letting the Rogues and Warriors do their jobs without him in the way.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth continues forward, staying a step or two behind the trap springer.


Bribes always welcome

So door on left, door on right or stairs leading down?


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Geygar turns to the door on the left.

"If someone is bleeding, then they aren't going anywhere in a hurry. And Momma Yates always said 'Leave no potential treasure trove unexplored!' So,..."

Per/Find Traps: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 20 = 25
Disable device (Trap or lock, whichever comes first!)
1d20 + 28 ⇒ (1) + 28 = 29

LOL, THIS might be, interesting,... ;P


Bribes always welcome

The door seems untrapped and unlocked. Ash notices some chisel marks around the periphery. Someone has tinkered with this door previously.

Open it??


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth will open the door, earthbreaker held loosely in his other hand.


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth will open the door, earthbreaker held loosely in his other hand.

"Hey, you got this, bud, just remember, you're supposed to say "knock knock" before you open it. That way, it's twice as funny when the other guy opens the door and you whack 'em in the head with that oversized meat tenderizer you've got there."


Bribes always welcome
Mareth Gornn wrote:
Mareth will open the door, earthbreaker held loosely in his other hand.

Mareth sees a short stretch of corridor decorated with funerary frescos. The corridor hooks right about five meters in


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth bashes at the now open door twice with his mailed fist.

~KNOCK~ ... ~KNOCK~

Then looks down the death decorated corridor with his darkvision for any response.


Bribes always welcome

the corridor remains quiet as the tomb it seems to be

Actions?


Male Fetchling Ninja 9

Kanir arches an eyebrow at the gloomy frescos. As he peers around Mareth into the corridor he remarks, "They must have had parties here all the time."


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth strides down the corridor to a position where he can see around the corner.


Bribes always welcome

As Mareth strides down the corridor there is a bright flash of light. A symbol worked into one of the frescoes glows blinding. Suddenly two enormous lions are occupying the hallway. One is in front of Mareth, another faces the rest of the party between him and them. They roar and attack!

I have to go but we need to determine surprise for them. I'll get to this tonight


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

If needed...

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Atma's half-lidded bored expression takes on a more annoyed cast.

"Why do I still not see any of the pointy eared juice drinks I was promised?"

She pauses and considers the lions.

"I suppose playing with kitties could be fun though."


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Mareth hesitates, seemingly unsure as to what has just happened.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Mareth Gornn wrote:

Mareth hesitates, seemingly unsure as to what has just happened.

"Hey, bud, I'm not even mad, just impressed. You go get'em, killer."

Eddin hangs back for a bit, watching with interest, one hand on the hilt of his sword, the other on the hilt of his dagger.

"Anybody recognize that glowing symbol up there? I know I don't, but then again, I was never any good at reading between the lions."

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Eddin delays his action until after Mareth's turn in order to see which way this starts to play out.


Bribes always welcome

The lion on Mareth swipes a claw at him. The second takes a quick swat at the gape-jawed Ash.

OK. I'm a little clueless on the surprise round, but this is how I think it should be. I will retcon if anyone has a valid alternate. The module states that the lions surprise. According to everything I've looked at, there's just at GM determination as to who knows what when. Obviously they came out of nowhere, so, SURPRISE! Mareth is flat footed. Also, Ash opened the door, so he will be the target of the second one. I am assuming he was at the door watching (I saw no other person state they were doing anything but peeping through the doorway. Ash will also be flat footed for this attack. The lions cannot full attack, they only get a standard action, so only one claw each. Mareth is the unfortunate meat in this lion sandwich, so only he can attack the furthest one.

claw(magic): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 281d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 on Mareth

claw(magic): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 221d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 on Ash

The attacks count as magical weapons for purposes of damage reduction


Bribes always welcome

Initiative: Lion brawl (opening round)
(base 16)

Atma: 19
Eddin: 18
Mareth: 10
Lions: 7

I'll give everyone a chance to roll their own initiatives and state an action until tomorrow, then I'll just use Atma's roll as a base number

lion init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Fetchling Ninja 9

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Already by the doorway, Kanir waits for an opening to flank the nearest creature.

1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
1d6 + 7 + 5d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (2, 1, 4, 2, 1) = 22


female aasimar (musetouched) Bard/Cleric (ecclesiathurge) 11 Heirophant 3 | hp 122/122 | AC 25 , tac 21, ff 21 | CMB +8; CMD 28 | F +12, R +13, W +14 | Init +7 | Darkvision 60; ft Per +18| Bard Spells: 1st (6/6), 2nd (5/5), 3rd (5/5), 4th (3/3) | channel energy 5d6 (9/9) (dc 21); adoration 7/7 (dc 19) charming smile (11/11 rnds) (dc 19); touch of good 7,7; holy lance (7/7); performance (30/30); glaive +17 (1d10+6)

Indrana had stayed with the group, bored at the lack of things to fight or screw, and was close to doing something very stupid when the lions attacked.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

She realized what the appearance of the creatures meant and with a roar of bloodlust her body bulked up and she moved in to attack the nearest lion with a vicious swing of her scythe.
Activate bloodrage (free action) use demonic bulk so I'm now large size, move up, and attack with my scythe.

scythe w/ patk: 1d20 + 21 - 3 ⇒ (19) + 21 - 3 = 372d6 + 13 + 9 ⇒ (6, 2) + 13 + 9 = 30

If only I had a keen scythe!


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

I'm assuming we can't all cram into a single doorway, so holding action to let others in. Let's say I'm readying a strike if one comes near me and I'll roll for it if need be. Off to work!

Edit: Nat 20? Really? Why is it always on things you don't NEED it on?


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2

Are the lions actual lions, or some kind of obviously magical creations?


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Initiative 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Bribes always welcome
Eddin Costayne wrote:
Are the lions actual lions, or some kind of obviously magical creations?

Got any Knowledge Spellcraft, Arcana, or animal?


male human fighter 7 / assassin 2
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Eddin Costayne wrote:
Are the lions actual lions, or some kind of obviously magical creations?
Got any Knowledge Spellcraft, Arcana, or animal?

Not a one. I think the closest Eddin comes to any of those is Use Magic Device.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

Mareth grunts as the lion’s claw tears into him. He rocks back, then brings his earthbreaker up into the underside of the lion’s jaw.

Full attack with power attack and furious focus on the lion that the others can’t reach.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27 damage: 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (5, 2) + 21 = 28 plus cold damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 damage: 2d6 + 21 ⇒ (2, 2) + 21 = 25 plus cold damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Bribes always welcome
Eddin Costayne wrote:
Dungeon Monkey wrote:
Eddin Costayne wrote:
Are the lions actual lions, or some kind of obviously magical creations?
Got any Knowledge Spellcraft, Arcana, or animal?
Not a one. I think the closest Eddin comes to any of those is Use Magic Device.

That being said, the lion's manes are blonde-tipped and sparkly, like they were part of some perverse lion boy band. Eddin is unsure what exactly that signifies


Bribes always welcome

Initiatives (Lion Brawl) Base 16

Ash: 24
Chandi: 22
Mythaniel: 19
Atma: 19
Mareth: 19 [Hammer!] [53 dam]
Eddin: 18
Indrana: 17 [hit-if able to advance]
Kanir: 7 [hit-if able to advance]
Lions:7

Mareth's giant hammer-like weapon smashes cruelly into the lion's jaw. There is an audible *crack* as the earthbreaker deforms the lion's skull


Bribes always welcome
Chandi wrote:

[dice=Initiative]1d20+2

I'm assuming we can't all cram into a single doorway, so holding action to let others in. Let's say I'm readying a strike if one comes near me and I'll roll for it if need be. Off to work!

Edit: Nat 20? Really? Why is it always on things you don't NEED it on?

Correct, although the corridor is 10' wide, so two people can fit. Ash has one slot ATM, unless his first action is acrobatting out of there. Then I will take everyones action in initiative sequence. Who ever goes first has the option of attacking. The others will have to settle for ranged attacks


Elf Unchained Rogue 9

Sorry! was out of town for the weekend visiting Father-in-law! Catching up!

"MEE-YEOWTCH!" Ash shrieks in surprise, although as far as anyone can tell, the claw swipe came nowhere near touching the elf.

The lithe elf spins, turns, and gyrates, doing everything but a backflip,. (Although it looked as if he might have considered it once), and ends back in the hallway, behind Chandi and Indrana. He glances over at Atma.

"Hey! I found you a kitty! Play nice!" he smiles at the pale girl.

Ash turns back to Chandi and Indrana and whispers hoarsely, "Go get'em tigers!"


HP 97/97 (106/106) | NL 27 | Burn 3/7 | AC 18 T 13 FF 15 | Init +3 | Per +12 LLV/DV 60ft | Save: F +10 R +9 W +3 | El. Over +2 Dex/+2 Con
Save related:
(+1 vs. emotion effects); +1 insight to all magic schools; +2 vs. disease and mind-affecting effects
Defense / Resist / Weakness:
Defensive abilities: fortification 5%, negative energy affinity | Resist: negative energy 2, undead resistance | Weakness to consecrate (CL -1)

"I only know how to play one way," Atma says in response, both hands balled hiding the lace covering her mouth. Her eyes begin to glow red, her form is suddenly awash in void energy. She shudders as the power both burns and fortifies her petite body.

Atma is accepting 1 Burn to bolster her kinetic defense talent emptiness. This further enhances Elemental Overflow.

She thrusts out one hand with her fingers splayed and as before a jagged tear in reality shoot from it attempting to connect its other end with the lion before her.

negative blast: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 14 - 4 = 11 negative energy v. touch AC
damage: 5d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 2, 1) + 10 = 26

Please let me know if I need to roll for Spell Resistance. Also, if there doesn't happen to be anyone in melee with the lion when this goes off, please add 4 to hit.


Male Kyton-spawn Tiefling (Shackleborn) fighter 9; hp 107 of 107

As Indrana has large size, she probably has reach and could potentially attack from 10 feet back, allowing two medium sized characters to attack from in front of her? Ash has retreated away to clear space.

Also, I'm not sure how close the two lions are to each other, but if there is only a five foot gap between them for Mareth to stand in, he may offer a flanking bonus for those attacking the lion closer to the doorway.


Female Samsaran Warpriest 9;Init +2; Perception +10; AC 20/20/18, HP 84/84

Knowing her death means the death of the party and end of the mission, Chandi simply moves near the doorway and drops into a defensive stance, positioning herself where she can heal the bulk of the group by channeling but not encompassing the lions.

Tactical move, total defense.


Male Shadow's Status | Elven Wizard (Spellsage) 9 - HP = 49 | AC = 13 (17 Current & DEATH WARD) | CMD = 17 | F +4 | R +6 | W +6 (+2 vs. Enchant) | Init +7 | Per + 11

Myth moves into position to cover Chandi and holds. Indeed, the elf knows the Tiefling has endless swings of his hammer while his own magic is a more precious and finite commodity and judging from the condition of the Lion, it's on it's last leg anyhow...

Hold

401 to 450 of 873 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Suicide Squad All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.