Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


14,601 to 14,650 of 16,204 << first < prev | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | next > last >>

HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

argh phone posting is soooo slow!

Grung hacks away, then tosses in a headbut for good measure

not quite sure if I can take a 5 ft anywhere to open space, if so I will

Croaker: 1d20 + 26 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 26 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 33 for 1d10 + 12 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 8 + (3) = 26
Croaker: 1d20 + 21 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 21 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 24 for 1d10 + 12 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 8 + (4) = 30
Croaker: 1d20 + 17 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 17 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 35 for 1d10 + 12 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 12 + 8 + (4) = 26
Headbutt: 1d20 + 14 + 5 - 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 5 - 4 - 4 + 1 = 28 for 1d4 + 2 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 8 = 13

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 dungeoneering if that is applicable

to confirm
Croaker: 1d20 + 17 - 4 + 1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 17 - 4 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 38 for 2d10 + 26 + 16 ⇒ (7, 3) + 26 + 16 = 52


Evil GM

Croaker hacks and splits the creature into two sections but otherwise it doesn't seem to do any significant damage to it. It appears as strong as before the attack, although the headbutt but does seem to phase it slightly.

dungeoneering 15:
Its a black pudding, and ooze. Oozes have digestive acids that do damage. They split when hit with slashing or piercing weapons.

It's large and surrounding you. 5 ft step still places it around you.


Evil GM

Initiative: RD 1 update

Desmond
Karnog
Grung - attacked the creature.
Felicitas
Enemy inside room
Nym
Kalim


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

. Mistakes have been made! Don't slash this thing!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Standard action rather than Move in Surprise Round.

"Aye, I can protect from the acid as well. Archon, we can probably use some light soon."

Karnog steps closer and raises a palm horizontal over his head. An aura of green light spreads out and settles around everyone.

5' step. Use protective aura, everyone within 30' gains +3 Deflection to AC (and CMD) & Resist Energy 10 (all types). Current effects: heroes feast, resist fire 30, resist all 10, shield of faith. 14\15 protective aura rds remain.

Archon stays near Desmond and brings forth a continual flame in his hand.


Evil GM

Karnog's AH stays in the background and casts its flame to illuminate the area.


Evil GM

nitiative: RD 1 update

Desmond
Karnog - casts resist energy. His AH casts continual light.
Grung - attacked the creature.
Felicitas
Enemy inside room
Nym
Kalim


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas quickly starts her performance and quickly pulls out a wand, casting bless while telling the poor wand that she can cast the spell for sure.
Autosucceed UMD, +4 to hit and damage


Evil GM

RD 1: Enemy inside the room

Grung:
the creature slides ft towards you, essentially keeping you inside it's oozy form and to prevent you from 5 ft stepping out of itThe two sides slide back together. Since you are still in contact with the black pudding metal (armor) or wood it takes 21 HP of damage.

grapple: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

It does not grapple you though

Karnog, the AH, and Desmond can see an inky black oozy substance spill out into the hallway.


Evil GM

The following are up:

Desmond
Nym
Kalim


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

know dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14 +1

forgot trait bonus

"Thiz oozez. No zharp weaponz"

Nym cast stone call but places it so it only hits the oozes

dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8


Evil GM

Nym you'll have to move in to the hallway a bit so you can get line of sight.

The boulder hits the ooze causing it damage.


Evil GM

End of RD 1 actions to be taken:

Desmond
Kalim

RD 2:

Desmond
Karnog - casts resist energy. His AH casts continual light.
Grung - attacked the creature.
Felicitas
Enemy inside room
Nym
Kalim


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Nym you'll have to move in to the hallway a bit so you can get line of sight.

The boulder hits the ooze causing it damage.

That is fine


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

know dungeoneering: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (1) + 25 = 26


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Kalim Fireballs the icky thing. fireball DC 21: 10d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5, 1, 4, 6, 1, 1, 6, 6) = 39


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Felicitas moves in and draws her whip with one hand, holding the glaive and banner with her other and aids Grungsdi.
Aid another, just do not roll 1: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Desmond leading with the outsider sounds good. My only buffs are what the others put on me.

Round 1

"I need a blunt weapon!" Desmond cries.

Hopefully somebody can get Desmond one or two blunt weapons to use.I imagine he will need to spend his first round action acquiring those. Once he does in round 2 he will move 10 feet to the ooze and swing at it, which would normally give him sneak attack but I think oozes are immune to that.


Evil GM

Does someone have a club or spare mace for Desmond? Yep the ooze is immune to sneak attacks.

Grung you maybe taking some fire damage from the fireball. I dont know off hand if anyone else is in the spell range. I'm on my phone.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

All good. Grung has lots of HP


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Grungsdi should also have resist fire 30, if less than 30 min has elapsed, or 10, if it's been more than 30 min. Karnog has amorning star and should have a free move action next round.


Evil GM

Katims fireball was 39 hp. So he took 9 hp of damage if he failed the Rolex save. He may have DR that applies too.

I wont have map abilities till this evening.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 reflex and I am alright!


Evil GM

I have the map ready and it looks like folks are doubled up in square or tow, but remember the hall way is 10 ft wide.

Updated Map RD 2

End of RD 1 actions to be taken:
Desmond - gets blunt weapon
Kalim - fireball 39 Hp

RD 2:

Desmond - moves
Karnog - casts resist energy. His AH casts continual light.
Grung - attacked the creature.
Felicitas - moves and aids
Enemy inside room
Nym
Kalim


Evil GM

RD 2: enemy ooze

The creature continues its attack on Grung, trying to grapple the dwarf.

grapple vs CMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

constrict damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 6 = 15;acid: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8


Evil GM

Nym and Kalim are up


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

Nym draws out a spindly stick and launches a glowing missile at the ooze

mm: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Evil GM

The energy force hits the ooze causing it damage.

Kalim you are up to end RD 2.


Evil GM

RD 2: remaining actions

Kalim

RD 3 Initiative

Desmond -
Karnog -
Grung -
Felicitas -
Enemy Ooze -
Nym -
Kalim -

Use our last map, it's still current.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung drops Croaker and Quickdraws his hammer Buster

Buster: 1d20 + 19 - 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 19 - 4 + 4 + 1 = 39 for 1d8 + 4 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 7 + 4 = 16
Buster: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 4 + 4 + 1 = 25 for 1d8 + 4 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 7 + 4 = 22
Buster: 1d20 + 9 - 4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 - 4 + 4 + 1 = 14 for 1d8 + 4 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 7 + 4 = 17
Headbutt: 1d20 + 14 + 5 - 4 - 4 + 2 - 1 + 1 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 5 - 4 - 4 + 2 - 1 + 1 + 4 + 1 = 20 for 1d6 + 2 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 23

This should do!


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Karnog draws his morningstar and hands it towards Desmond.

"Here you go, lad. Dunno if the spikes will help or hurt, but its got to be better than your blades."

The hound archon holds his fist aloft and stays out of the way.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"Hmph. Can't believe you don't even have a club. Sticks are free!" Kalim fires another fireball at the thing. Fireball DC 21: 10d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6, 6, 1, 5, 6, 1, 6, 6) = 47


Evil GM

Grung and Desmond may take some fireball damage. Reduce the 30 HP from the fire resistance and make your reflex saves. Grung don't forget you have your DR.

Between the fireball and Grung's attack the ooze is destroyed. combat over.

Karnog: Grung's boots, armor and clothing will needs some mending or making whole since he was standing in the acid.

Doing a quick scan magically and with your eyes you do not see any magic or treasure. I assume you will be continuing at -I 18.


Evil GM

Updated Map

As Desmond and the hound lead the way down the hall you note that there is finely cut stonework. You see there is side passage with stair leading upward to your right you remember that stairs and ramps tend to lead to different levels of the dungeon, so you keep pushing forward rather than getting sidetracked with the stairs. You figure those stairs were the primary entrance to this level.

Desmond round the bend and enters a small room filled with bones and junk litter everywhere. From your doorway you don't see any obvious exits.

What are you going to do.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Weaving quickly a spell Felicitas checks for magical auras.


Evil GM

Felicitas enters the doorway and casts detect magic then begins to scan the room. She does come across the presence of magic in some of the rubble (-G10) and against the wall (-F12).


Evil GM

As the group cautiously enters the room and doorway there is a sound-dampening droning noise and a mesmerizing display of color that engulfs the room and doorway.

I need everyone to make a DC 24 Will save. Failure = slowed for 6 rounds.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

Will Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (9) + 20 = 29 will, +2 if vs evil source

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 will (Archon), +2 if vs evil. SR 15, if SR applies.


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:

1d20+20 will, +2 if vs evil source

1d20+5 will (Archon), +2 if vs evil. SR 15, if SR applies.

Yes, Evil. No to SR application. It's not a spell.


Evil GM

Will Save Results: DC 24

Kalim - saved
Karnog - saved
Hound - Failed
Desmond -
Grung -
Felic -
Aurora -
Nym -


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Karnog I would have needed some wanding, down 7

will: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 its not a spell, is it a SLA? If so add 2


Evil GM

It's not SLA either. it's an extraordinary ability (EX)

Will Save Results: DC 24

Kalim - saved
Karnog - saved
Hound - Failed
Desmond -
Grung - Failed
Felic -
Aurora -
Nym - Saved


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

also if Duncan isn't coming Nym will take up a position as rear gaurd in the marching order


Evil GM

Nym I will put you in the back. I noted you made your Will Save.

Will Saves left to be made:

Desmond
Felic
Aurora


Evil GM

I'm going to give Felic, aurora and Desmond a few more hours to post their will save. Otherwise, I will DMPC the saves to move the game forward.


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142

Reflex: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29 Plus evasion = no damage

For future reference, Desmond doesn't mind being in the area of reflex save spells. He won't normally be hurt by them.

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 +2 if evil (from archon)

Desmond may have escaped the fire unscathed, but whatever is slowing his reflexes easily takes hold.


Evil GM

Will Save Results: DC 24

Kalim - saved
Karnog - saved
Hound - Failed
Desmond Failed
Grung - Failed
Felic -
Aurora -
Nym - Saved


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


Evil GM

Will Save Results: DC 24

Kalim - saved
Karnog - saved
Hound - Failed
Desmond Failed
Grung - Failed
Felic - Failed
Nym - Saved

Several members of your party feel a bit sluggish as there is mesmerizing display of color, the buzzing sound is too loud for you to converse.sonic attacks or performances will not work here

You can see hovering 10 feet off floor a medium sized figure who would be the picture of elegance and refinement were it not for its grotesque fly head and shivering insectile wings. Its wings are fluttering at light emanates from them.

I'll roll out initiative shortly.

14,601 to 14,650 of 16,204 << first < prev | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.