Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas, Golarion

Game Master baldwin the merciful


14,551 to 14,600 of 16,204 << first < prev | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Level 4 Upper Temple Orcus Map

I needed to make sure I still knew how to create a map and link it through google. Hope this works.

This is essentially how much of the cavern some of your group has previously explored.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

Walter sits down and has a tankard with Nym, Kalim, Karnog, and Grung. "I haven't seen Duncan or Ms. Felicitas lately. I'm sure Duncan is out patrolling and she's probably in the library again." He chuckles over the frothy foam, "You remember the first time she went to the library? She came out swearing like a pirate. Lit right into Desmond....made me blush,, it did." He gulps down half of his ale, "Now, Desmond he always seems to the center of attention." The gnome makes reference of those adventurers still unaccounted for. "I suppose the four of you will go back to the dungeon regardless?"

Just making small talk as we wait for Felicitas, Desmond, and Duncan to check in.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Aye, Walter, if needs be we can head in on our own. I think we make up the stereotypical band of heroes you always hear about in the stories now. A warrior, a mage, a priest, and a drow sit in a tavern and plan to enter a dungeon."

Karnog chuckles and tips his cup towards Nym.

"Well, Nym's more of a sword-mage than a sneak-thief, but I suppose those stories always get massaged anyways. Poetic license and all that, right?"

"On a more firm note, do we think we need some extraplanar assistance going in? With some coin and a bit of convincing, I bet I could convince an archon or azata to join us, at least in a support capacity. They hate this foul demon lord as much as the Great Creator does. Probably would work with us if I asked nicely."


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

"You can do that? Call an angelic hound and convince it to work with you?" He nods approvingly. "What type of coin does that require? Never thought holy creatures had need for material coin?" He seems genuinely intrigued by the news.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

Walter finishes his tankard of spiced ale and motions for another round, Speak of the firebrand, she's coming through the door, she looks like she's got something on her mind." Walter smiles, "probably a good tongue lashing for those missing."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Aye, Walter, I can do just that. Not only lower tier archons, either, but more powerful outsiders might come to my aid as well. It's not inexpensice, in material cost, but the greater cost comes if they fall in battle. Unlike summoned creatures, if the called ones are slain here, they die in reality. And I cant use my magic to bring them back to life."

"Our foes are very tricky and cruel, and I don't know if I want to risk any more lives in our explorations. If everyone shows up, it's not like we would be missing talent, anyways."

Seeing the bard walk in, Karnog raises his cup and calls out a salute.

"Oy, Felicitas! You and Aurora up for some more extremely unwise and dangerous dungeon exploration?"


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Well it's not that impressive. I mean. I cut things up...


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

"From what we've gathered from a few mortal prisoners and the evidence gathered from some of the dead has shed some light on the recent attack." He motions for the server to bring more pitchers of ale. "It appears as if the Grand Cornu of Orcus, Lorvious, the supreme authority of Orcus on the material plane ordered the attack." He pauses to let that sink in. "He is responsible for destruction and tormenting of the Army of Light eons ago. He has an affinity for torture and takes pleasure in it's perfection." He exhales deeply. "Apparently he has taken it as his personal mission to retrieve Captain Luther's evil Warhammer and he will spare no expense in calling forth creatures to retrieve it. He also knows the importance of the Shrines of Power and the disgrace he would suffer by losing them."


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

"Word is he spent much resources in calling forth demon protectors to lead much of his undead army along with his summoned assistance. he has also provided boons to those most loyal to him, the nature of those boons are not known at this time. I'll keep digging."


Male Human Unchained Rogue 16 AC 30/22/21 Perc +21 (+6 vs traps) Saves 9/18/8 HP 142/142
Grungsdi wrote:
Well that was quite the unexpected detour. But good hard work, never hurt anyone...except Desmond I expect. Seems like we outta get back to god killing. Whatta ya say!

"I was working exactly as hard as I could get away with." Desmond says with a grin.


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7
Desmond Aeros wrote:
Grungsdi wrote:
Well that was quite the unexpected detour. But good hard work, never hurt anyone...except Desmond I expect. Seems like we outta get back to god killing. Whatta ya say!

"I was working exactly as hard as I could get away with." Desmond says with a grin.

Walter stammers a bit as he double takes. "W..w...when...er, where did you come from? How'd you get there?" He sees Desmond leaning back comfortably against the wall. "When did you arrive, I didn't see you." he gestures aimlessly. "Well good enough...glad you're here."

I think it's time to get going. I'll just assume Duncan is with you for now. I won't have him take any actions but he is in the background. I know his job has it out of communications for a chunks of time.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

That lascivious little lemur is always skulking about.


Evil GM

Karnog, so are you calling forth a holy hound or something to assist you?


male gnome, NPC, cartographer Expert 5/illusionist 7

"Kanog, wish I could help you out with the cost there. I really do, you've all done so much for this town. But..."He motions outside, This siege took a lot out of us...life and treasure. Right now we need to spend all of our resources rebuilding and getting ready for the next phase." He raises his eyebrows. "I trust that you've been able to clean and scavenge from the assailants. You can keep that treasure."


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

"I can teleport us there."


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Check discussion for gold reward from pre-siege and post-siege treasure.

"I think I will bring some angelic assistance, if for no other reason than to help Desmond keep his wits about him. It will take me ten minutes and then we can have our hero's feast, which will take another hour. Once that's all set, we are good to go, Kalim."

Karnog begins casting the lesser planar ally spell, chanting and praying for a good while, before a canine-headed humanoid archon steps forth out of a glowing spray of light motes.

"Hello my celestial friend. I am Karnog Kegmeister, and I ask for your assistance in clearing out a dangerous nest of Orcus worshippers. Are you amenable to aiding us in this quest?"

He then casts the hero's feast spell for everyone, including the archon, Aurora, all the PC's and up to 6 others (Meathead, Mother, Walter?). Everyone who participates gets: neutralize poison, remove disease, food and water for the day, +1 morale to attack rolls, +4 morale on saves vs. poison, and 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 temp HP for the next 12 hours.


Evil GM

"An interesting proposition Sir Karnog Kegmaster." The celestial hound nods, "This is a hazardous request, one that has a high probability of my death. How long in time do you expect to retain my services?"

lesser Planar Ally:
The creature called requires a payment for its services. This payment can take a variety of forms, from donating gold or magic items to an allied temple, to a gift given directly to the creature, to some other action on your part that matches the creature’s alignment and goals. Regardless, this payment must be made before the creature agrees to perform any services. The bargaining takes at least 1 round, so any actions by the creature begin in the round after it arrives.

A task taking up to 1 minute per caster level requires a payment of 100 gp per HD of the creature called. For a task taking up to 1 hour per caster level, the creature requires a payment of 500 gp per HD. A long-term task, one requiring up to 1 day per caster level, requires a payment of 1,000 gp per HD.

What type and HD archon are you hiring?

"Payment is to be paid to Sir Walter Featherton, so he can dispense of the proceeds as the town requires.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Hound Archon, standard CR 4/ 6HD, using lesser planar ally. If he wants the 12k for 15 days, I'm down for it.

"I would as you to stay for up to 15 days, and serve mostly as a mental guard and ally for our sneak, Desmond. Of course, we will include you in all our magical benefits and assistances, and ask for your guidance and input on any tactical decisions. I would not see you perish any more than the rest of our party, and will strive to keep you away from direct danger as much as possible."


Evil GM

You could boost it's HD a bit if you wan to make it more durable.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Whatever you feel is appropriate, GM. Archons will advance by HD or class level, as their commanders see fit. Hound archons typically form the ranks of foot soldiers and guards on their respective celestial planes.


Evil GM
Karnog Kegmeister wrote:
Whatever you feel is appropriate, GM. Archons will advance by HD or class level, as their commanders see fit. Hound archons typically form the ranks of foot soldiers and guards on their respective celestial planes.

Let's keep it simple and keep it standard. 12k for 15 days.


Evil GM

Karnog strikes the bargain with the celestial hound and then prepares the heroes feast. Thereafter, the adventurers gather round as Kalim casts his teleportation spell.

Kalim make your % roll to see if there is spell mishap in the landing location. How much do you recall of that cavern you met Meath'd in? Remember the ogre battle? You've been there once, I don't recall if you stayed there overnight, and you've studied the map Felicitas created. Does "Seen Casually" sound good or do you think "Studied Carefully?" I'm fine with either just pick one and roll the % dice.

Your a 15th level caster so you can transport yourself and 5 willing characters. You: Karnog, Felic, Grung, Desmond, and Nym. What about Duncan and the Archon Hound?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Archon can greater teleport at will, so that's a non issue. Perhaps we can have someone hop in a BOH for the trip?


Evil GM

Kalim make your teleport % roll. I want to move this into the dungeon today.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

percentage: 1d100 ⇒ 48


Evil GM

Kalim casts his spell and the adventurers magically appear in a large cavern. To several of the members (Kalim, Desmond, Karnog, Felicitas, and Karnog) it rings familar. Although the cavern is much warmer than your recall. In fact you see a small fissure leaking lava in the Northeastern section of the cavern. You don't recall seeing that previously.

LV 4 Cavern

*I have Duncan on the map in case he shows up. If he doesn't I'll remover in in week or so.

**Karnog, I'll added your hound its an eagle on the map haloed in yellow.

***The fissure and lava is on the map.

What the game plan for here? Which way?


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Okay, folks. We're back in the deep and dark, let's remember to be careful and check the corners and doorways. Hound Archon, try and stay close, I don't want you to get ambushed down here."

Karnog makes sure his buckler is secure and his weapon is ready to hand.


Evil GM

I know about the heroes feast and I would assume Kalim has mage armor on but can everyone tell me what other boons/bluffs they have activated? This will simply by life.


Evil GM

The lava does create dim light in the cavern. Normal light within 30 feet of the lava source. The lava is more like a trickling flow. Its not hard to keep away from it right now. It does make it steaming and warm in the cavern and there is a constant -2 HP from fire/heat damage each round. Tell me if you have resistance to fire.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Seeing the heat has increased to a dangerous level, Karnog casts communal resist energy (fire) 30 for every, using a charge from his extend metamagic rod.

"This should keep us cool, at least for a while."

resist fire (30) to everyone, including Aurora and the Archon, for 30 min each. Karnog gets it for an hour. No other buffs on Karnog for now.


Evil GM

By the way your AH's detect evil is dinging it senses that it's an field of evil all around it.


Male Drow Sorcerer 7/ Fighter 1/ Eldritch Knight 8 AC23(27)/16/18(22), SR 22, Acid Res 20, Perc +12, Saves F+11/R+11/W+10, HP 116

right before we left Nym would have cast shield on himself

"Ah...Wermthz ageinz."


Evil GM
Nym Omriwin wrote:

right before we left Nym would have cast shield on himself

"Ah...Wermthz ageinz."

Yes Nym you would have seen lava and steam fissure often enough.


female Human (Taldorian)
Spoiler:
AC 21/T13/FF17 HP54/108 F+8 R+14 W+10 Init +4 Perception +17
Bard 5/Evangelist 10
Spells:
I:6 II:7 III:3/5 IV:4

Boosting herself with a few spells Felicitas prepares for what is about to happen.
Heroism and Freedom of Movement.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung, has some beer out of his everful mug, then readies his sling with a star bullet

Well brother point me to the thing what needs killin!


Evil GM

The group gives the large cavern a once over to ensure there no enemies behind them...or at least they don't believe there are any enemies behind them...and they now face a choice which tunnel to head down.

Updated Map

*I added letters to the map tunnels for easy reference. Pick a letter: A,B, C, D for the tunnel you are heading in to explore.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

does the following marching order work: Desmond, Grung, Nym, Felic, Kalim, and Duncan? The tunnels are 10-15 feet wide, so you can go one or two abreast.


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

Works for me, if Karnog is in the middle and Archon is within 10' of Desmond.


Evil GM

Someone needs to pick a direction you are heading. Pick a letter.


AC 22(26)(30)/21(25)(29)/18(22)(26) Hp 105/105 F+8 R+8 W+13 Init +4 Perception +4 150 Stoneskin Human Sorcerer (Aberrent-Blooded) 16

A


Evil GM

Since nobody else has commented so you are heading in Tunnel A. Desmond and the hound lead.

Desmond and the Hound lead the way. 10 feet behind the rest party follows. Grung and Karnog forming a dwarven wall side by side, Nym and Felic follow behind, then Kalim and Duncan pulling up the rear.

Desmond easily spots a secret door (location 5) on the map. He also notes it's trapped which he disables. But as he disables the trap, Grung and Karnog hear the creaking of a door open down the hallway (Area 4).

Update Map

Grung and Karnog are in a surprise round with the creature emerging from the room. You don't see it because the doorway, but you do hear movement that sounds like sandpaper scratching against the stonework.

Surprise Round:

Grung
Karnog
Emerging Creature

I'll roll everyone else in thereafter.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Grung does a quick draw of Croaker and moves into the room, dropping the sling


Evil GM

Grung draws Croaker and pushes into the room.

Grung:
You step right into an black inky ooze. Digestive juices splash on your boots and calves. Make a Reflex save 21 or suffer acid damage acid damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

The creature takes its attack of opportunity on you.
attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30;1d2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 = 10;acid: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

confirming crit
attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13;1d2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12;acid: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11


Treasure Spreadsheet Dwarf Cleric 16 Initiative +1, Darkvision 60', Perception +28 HP 157/157 |AC 26 / T 11/ FF 25 | Fort +18, Ref +10, Will +21|

"Movement, from down the hall. Sounds like a grinding something or other."

With a brief prayer and motion of his hands, Karnog calls up a glowing aura of golden energy around himself.

casts shield of faith. Current buffs: heroes' feast, resist fire 30, shield of faith. Magic circle vs evil so long as within 10' of the Archon.


Evil GM

Karnog are you moving up at all, or staying put?


Evil GM

Surprise Round: Creature Inside the room

Grung:
Having stepped into the black ooze the creature attempts to grapple its meal.

grapple vs CMD: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

Can you put your CMB and CMD on your profile, I didn't see it. Does the 28 grapple you? If so, it does some constrict damage.

constrict damage: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 = 12;acid: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8


Evil GM

RA Initiative

dice rolls:

Grung: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Karnog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Desmond: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
Kalim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Nym: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Felicitas: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

enemy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Initiative: RD 1

Desmond
Karnog
Grung
Felicitas
Enemy inside room
Nym
Kalim

RD 1 Map


Evil GM

I know Desmond is in the process of moving so his posting is going to be spotty. Feel free to skip him, I'll DM PC him if need be at the end of the round. Also remember I'm going to have limited posting this weekend myself.


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

CMD is 30. That is added. Ill get the other up shortly

Acid monster tentacle thing!

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


HP 185(-)/185 ; F 15 R 10 W 13+2 vs spells, poison, SLA; CMD 31 AC 43(-)/22/41(-) DR (-)6, medium fortification; init +2 Second Wind 0/2 Warrior Spirit 1/3 Skills: Diplomacy+2 Perception +16 +2 Stonecunning Dungeoneering+7 Engineering+6 Survival +10

Brother can you do something about this acid nonsense!

Activating Warrior Spirit to make Croaker a +5 flaming ax

14,551 to 14,600 of 16,204 << first < prev | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rappan Athuk set in Nirmathas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.