Hell's Rebels Adventure Path

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 14th of Sarenith, 4715AR
Day 6 of the week
WHO DARES CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF THRUNE!?

Underwater Adventure Maps

Loot List
Homebrew Rules
Silver Raven Coffers
The Story So Far


801 to 850 of 5,363 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

M Human Fighter 2

Aye, I'll head otu with you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

"Ms.Nightbreeze, the fact that you believe there to be no spies there is the exact reason I do. They are a tolerated church but I highly doubt they are unmonitored."

Jules slipped a few items from his kit onto himself and made ready to leave.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"I never said that there wouldn't be any spies. I said I doubt that there might be any spies. It would be difficult but not impossible. You have to remember that some followers of Shelyn are able to summon celestials, who are natural enemies of fiends like devils so any spy would have to worry about celestials in addition to the priests of Shelyn not to mention a very angry city. Shelyn is well loved here in Kintargo and you could say that we have more followers than Asmodeus . But yes we are monitored although so far the only thing Thrune has done is have our services monitored by either an Asmodean priest, a Hellknight of the Rack, or a representative of Thrune. And don't get me started on how I want to strangle a fat bimbo Asmodean priestess who goes out of her way to tell us how to worship Shelyn!!!"

She calmed down a bit and explained a bit more about Shelyn. As she talked she tried to find some way to convince Jules that their rebellion could potentially use both the aid of celestials and the Church of Shelyn.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Trying to explain why it would be difficult for Thrune to place spies in songbird hall.

"I'm not trying to convert you if that's what you're afraid of. I'm just saying that the Church of Shelyn could be a potential and useful ally. You didn't say anything about it when we were discussing things with Rexus a couple of days ago when we were talking potential contacts to aid our rebellion. And Rexus agreed that the Church of Shelyn would be a huge help to the Silver Ravens. None of us want to go to those who worship the Eternal Rose's fallen brother, Zon-Kuthon. One day may he be restored to light. I can understand you led a hard life. But so have I."

She used a prayer that some Shelynites say when talking about Shelyn's brother Zon-Kuthon. I think.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules sighed, "I never said we shouldn't try to recruit them. Merely that we must be cautions and view everything with due suspicion. It would be reckless to not think there would be any spies regardless of the difficulty. Now, shall we be off?"


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera paused for a moment to think over it.

"That's true. I agree that we should be cautious. And while the Church of Shelyn might not be able to help us directly, indirect help is just as good. The Church of the Eternal Rose has to think about those who can't stand up and fight. We, the Silver Ravens will be the ones who will fight for them while the Church aids those who are in need. But whatever help they can give us will be extremely useful and beneficial to all in these dark times. And yes let's be off"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"I believe that I'll follow along with you, Tarny," Pylos said, walking over to Tarnagius. "Perhaps having a member of the Thrune family with you will help with your cover."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

As the group starts getting ready to head out, Rexus says "Mm Tarnagius, would you mind leaving the rest of the documents with me to translate? You probably only need the magical page, correct?"

Tarnagius' Brother, Aerodus:

This is a homebrew NPC, meaning he is not part of the book
Aerodus Vashnarstill (LN male human Aristocrat 2/Conjurationist 3)

Heir to the Vashnarstill family, Aerodus has been trained since birth to be an intelligent leader. While his father Sendi still holds the title, Aerodus continues to work at his father's side in an ever growing partnership. Aerodus spends most of his time studying for his master's degree in Infernal Binding at the Alabaster Academy, but has grown less and less fond of the magic school with each year. In truth, Aerodus would prefer to study Transmutation over Conjuration. As part of gaining favour with house Thrune, Aerodus always pays lip service to Asmodeus and carries his pentagram whenever he is in public, however his true loyalty lies closer to Nethys.

Tarnagius' Father, Sendi:

This is not a homebrew NPC.
Sendi Vashnarstill
Baron of Anchor's End (CN male human Aristocrat 5/rogue 2)

Sendi Vashnarstill is known to be an incredibly greedy and dishonourable man. With the increase in his lavish parties and exorbitant trips, Sendi is slowly sinking the Vashnarstill wealth into decline. Especially now that House Thrune has cancelled it's importation contract with the family, their main source of income will either have to shift to another country, or be scrapped entirely. Sendi tends to handle this problem by ignoring it, much to the discontent of the rest of the noble family.

The Vashnarstill Family:

The baron of Anchor's End is unique in Kintargo, for his barony is a colony located on the distant shores of Arcadia. For many generations, the Vashnarstills have been the controlling family of Anchor's End, but not long before the recent unrest, House Thrune canceled its contracts as importers of goods from that distant port. This has thrown the Vashnarstills into a mild panic - for now, they have retained their family's noble title, but many worry that it's only a matter of time before House Thrune finds a way to take that away as well. The family's current leader, Sendi, isn't helping matters by avoiding the problem with his own carousing and increasingly expensive trips and parties.

??: 1d100 ⇒ 61
As the Silver Ravens walk through the town, nothing of particular note seems to grab their attention. The sky is cloudless and bright, with a fairly hot sun beaming down on them. At the entrance to the greens, two armoured guards stand at attention with their halberds and House Thrune insignias. With a passing glance of Tarnagius' signet ring, they open the gate into the Greens, no questions asked.

The Greens themselves are called so due to the amount of nature present in the area. Urban druids and talented gardeners are paid regularly to sculpt the area into lush green grass, and grown thick collections of carnations, roses, hibiscus, and the titular lantana, as well as countless other foreign plants imported from as far as Absalom. Yet not everything here is so colourful. Distant ruins of the Victocora estate still lie untouched, and to be honest, there is little to no racial diversity to be found in this district.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius agrees to both requests before he leaves.

As he walks in the gates he immediately assumes the usual character he puts on when not with the rebellion.

His whole demeanor changes from quiet and broody to rigid and alert. His voice is crisp and his tone terse as he quickly speaks. He haphazardly removes his sword and cloak, dropping them into the hands of attendants.

Yes, yes, you may take my cloak and gear. Keep them close though, I shan't be long. Fetch my friend something to drink. Tea? Wine? Beer? None for me, I need to speak with my brother. I assume he's in the study, or is he at the academy?


DM Intervention 1/1

"Of course my lord," answers Beynor, the Vashnarstill butler. "Your brother is in his study."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius' demeanor changes again as he approaches the study.

Beynor, do remember to knock before you enter. The Erabus protocol is in effect.

Named for the third layer of hell, where Mammon keeps the accounts and records of hell's evil business, the Erabus protocol is a set of procedures for when secret business is being conducted by members of the Vashnarstill household. Only a select number of servants, such as Beynor, and the people in the room when someone invokes the Erabus protocol are allowed inside until it is lifted.

He enters the room quietly, allowing Pylos to enter behind him and then shuts the door and speaks to his brother and ranking superior quietly if not meekly.

We have a situation, Aerodus. You know what I've been investigating, yes? My associate here has uncovered an undoubtedly magically coded document and I was hoping you might be able to remove the magical warding around it. Father need not yet know about this, as I am yet decoding the rest of the document elsewhere, and would know if it leads to anything worthwhile before I present it to him.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

Pylos looked around with mild interest as they entered the Vashnarstill manor. It was a beautiful estate, though it had nowhere near the sheer opulence of any of the Thrune buildings. He maintained control of his new whip, however, not wishing to lose the work of art in leather form any time soon. As they were led up to one of the studies, his eyebrow was quirked at the 'Erebus Protocol' comment. 'Interesting,' he thought to himself as the gave a glace at his companion.

As the heir to the Vashnarstill family, would I have met Aerodus at any point in time?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

I'll leave that up to you, Pylos. It won't be an issue either way.

Aerodus' personal study wasn't a very large room, but it was cozy. Each wall was framed with a tall bookshelf filled with various books and tomes, each properly categorized according to author and theme. Many of the books were dedicated to the study of magic, but others were focused in history, devils, languages, among other topics. At the back of the room, a small fireplace crackled low, giving the silence a small pop every now and then, and giving the room itself the smell of pinewood. In the centre stood a large oak desk piled with various books dedicated to devil summoning, with tall red candles burning at the far corners. Two comfortable seats were for guests, while Aerodus sat in a tall-backed seat made of leather. His back arched as he poured over the various tomes and wrote on fine parchment, not even bothering to look up at Tarnagius or Pylos. He was in his later twenties, with perfectly straight long brown hair that he wore in a tail to keep it out of his eyes. He wore simple glasses that Tarnagius knew were magic of some sort, along with a blue silk tunic trimmed with silver.

As Aerodus continues to write, he casually states "As I have said multiple times, please knock, then wait for me to let you in. For all you know, I could have been in the middle of a summoning."

While Aerodus casts several spells as he inspects the document, a rhythmic knocking at the door sounds. As Aerodus bids the person welcome, Beylor enters with an aged red wine for Pylos, then excuses himself and leaves.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

My apologies. I'll have to remember that.

Tarnagius bows slightly.

There remains this document, however.

Tarnagius holds the paper up.


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip will follow Kethaera and the others to the temple, silently keeping a watch.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Trying to see if I hear any rumors on our way to Songbird Hall.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

??: 1d100 ⇒ 91

"I see..." says Aerodus as he inspects the document. After casting several spells, his eyebrows lift up in surprise. Staring intently at a corner of the room, he says in the Infernal tongue "Well, well. Brother, you seem to have a little follower. How about you show yourself to the rest of us?"

Sitting on a nearby stool, a little imp manifests.

-------

The remaining Silver Ravens, namely Kethaera, Jules, and Phillip, travel to Songbird Hall. Kethaera doesn't hear any rumors along the way, but once again, she (and the other two) are asked for 3 pinches (cp) in order to cross the bridge. The guards also let them know that if they want, they can purchase a day pass for 1sp (per person).

Within the Temple Hill district, four churches stand, one on each corner of a large hill. The fifth church, the church of Asmodeus, crowns the top. Within the centre is the graveyards, also known as the Temple Hill Gardens. The other four churches are: The Shadowsquare (Zon-Kuthon), The House of Golden Veils (Abadar), The Humbright House (Aroden, abandoned), and The Songbird Hall (Shelyn).

If you're wondering, yes, the Shadowsquare is indeed next to the Songbird Hall.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius only knows one way to deal with spies. He walks over and grabs the little beast by the neck and shoulders and looks it square-on.

Explain yourself.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Holy smokes! O.o Didn't see that coming!

Kethaera was a bit saddened that she didn't pick up on any rumors or gossip but she's glad they were able to get to Songird Hall. She mentally shuddered as she glanced quickly at Shadowsquare.

"Let's head inside Songbird Hall," she said smiling as she looked at the beautiful temple dedicated to the Eternal Rose.

"And remember Jules if you see a spy let the head priest know. We need my fellow Shelynites' aid."


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip follows along, wary of any nosy dottari or lickspittle citizen's group.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Tarnagius' CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The little devil nimbly slinks out of Tarnagius' reach with surprising agility. Now having jumped up onto the top of a bookcase, the imp sits cross-legged and peers down at the man with the face of an unimpressed professional. Her scarlet skin seems to shimmer as she moves, with her incredibly long, black hair trailing behind. She has a set of black leathery wings, and a lithe tail with a little barb at the end. From her head sprout two black horns, one of which has been cut off near her head. She wears several rings and armbands of various metals, a long silk black dress, and she carries a miniature sword on her hip.

With a huff, she crosses her arms and says "My name is Blosodriette, and it's nice to meet you too (sarcasm). Don't try attacking me, human, even your brother isn't a match for me. Besides, I'm not here for a fight."

She doesn't make eye contact, instead she looks to the side and combs her long hair with her fingers.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius scowls, looking up at the creature.

That's not an explanation.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"Greetings, oh noble devil," Pylos said in Infernal with a flourished bow, complete with a good hat-doffing. "Pray-tell, what might we have done to deserve your mere presence?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Blosodriette's pointed ears perk up as Pylos greets her. With a sly smile, she responds with enthusiasm "Greetings to you too, oh noble human. It would seem that Someone knows his manners." She tries to imitate Tarnagius' scowl right back at him.

"Although at first it seemed our meeting to be simple chance, I believe we may have come together by fate. You see, I have been a trapped soul for a very long time. I was in the service of a horrible noble family known as the Sarinis. They used brutality to seal my contract, a terrible document that has imprisoned me ever since. I had little to no say in the terms, and they used everything they could to restrict my freedom. Then one day all those years ago, the Sarini carrying my contract was slain by some rebel faction. They took my contract from the body and brought it to a remote safe house. They didn't know about me, for I was afraid they who were racist cowards would slay me in an instant. Shortly thereafter, they were completely eradicated, and I was left alone in that place for so long. I tried desperately to escape, but nothing worked. The contract was simply too powerful. So I waited, and waited, and waited. And now, because of you I am here. Still caged like a bird, but admittedly, the company is infinitely better than last time."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

Just a quick question: Are there devils/demons that speak through rhyming?

Knowledge (Nobility) on the Sarini family: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Pylos listened quietly to the little imp's story. It seemed to be true, he's heard of some people that forcefully bound devils into service, though never one of the greater ones. The name Sarini sounded familiar to him, though he didn't think he'd met one before. Which, if Blosodriette's story was true, the former Silver Ravens killed the last of the family long ago.

"O beautiful Blosodriette, 'tis a most horrible fate that hast befallen one such as you," he said, using the flowery language of his Infernal trainers from his youth. "I would assume, then, that the paper we are trying to understand is the contract binding you to service?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius relaxes a bit.

You can't blame me for not liking it when a fiend suddenly appears. So this is your contract, then? Am I correct in assuming you can remove the magic encrypting it? It seems that you would be able to let people see the terms of your contract.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

As far as I'm aware, no, but I've seen some strange devils. At least in this case, rhyming is not necessary.

Now that she believes everyone to be civil, Blosodriette gently glides off the book case onto Aerodus' desk. He looks at her with an ever studying gaze, but otherwise keeps quiet. Once again, the imp crosses her legs and continues to comb her hair. She smiles at Pylos and winks.

"My my, what a silver tongue do you have, pet. You will go far in life, of that I'm certain. You are, of course, correct that the magical page is my contract. However, the little brother assumes incorrectly. All I can tell you is that it has a command word to bypass. The contract, to my ever growing frustration, restricts me from speaking it. I am completely unable to interact with the contract, both directly, and indirectly. Listen carefully, and perhaps you can decipher it."

You can now treat the magic page as if it were an item to activate blindly, requiring a Use Magic Device DC 25.

Without a voice, I am powerless.
Without a goal, I am directionless.
Without a code, I am lawlessness.
What am I?

Liberty's Edge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

Pylos just shrugged at the imp's comment about himself. While he knew that he had a silver tongue, he hoped he had more going for him than that. When she spoke the riddle, however, he frowned in thought. 'Gah, it had to be a riddle,' he thought to himself. 'I hate riddles. Reminds me too much of my childhood.' Still, he gave it much thought, realizing that Blosodriette would be a large boon to their rebellion... Rebellion! That had to be the answer! But before he just yelled it out, he had some questions he needed answered from the imp. "Before we try to figure it out, fair devil, perhaps you could answer some questions? For instance, is the contract you are bound to connected directly to the Sarini family or another specific organization, or merely to the one that holds the contract?"


DM Intervention 1/1

I forgot about your knowledge check
Pylos knows of the Sarini. A powerful noble family with ties throughout most of Cheliax, they are staunch supporters of House Thrune, and constantly vie for attention.

"Just the Sarini family." She says casually.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

Sense Motive vs the casual statement: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Thought that might be the case," Pylos muttered to himself as he thought about his next question while motioning for the other two to not mess with the paper just yet. Nodding to himself, he said, "It makes sense that they would work it that way. Tell me, do you know of a way to change the contract enough to switch the contract's loyalty to another person or group? I am aware enough about the Sarini family, and I do not want them discovering they have hold over you still."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

I imagine you could still explain the other terms of your contract, such as what happens to you when the contract is bypassed.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

?: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Pylos believes that Blosodriette is being truthful.

"I may know of a way, but I am unable to say for sure." She weaves around the question. "I too would not enjoy working for the Sarini family. If somehow the contract were bypassed, the bypasser would be able to make amendments to it. They could begin negotiating with me at that moment, but I would have to agree to the terms for them to take effect."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Despite the Songbird Hall being the only temple to a Good aligned god in all of Kintargo, it was by no means lesser. The tinted glass windows, brilliant white stone, and oak doors gives this place a holy feeling all to it's own. Surrounding the temple are countless roses; a large assembly of white, red, and pink. Within, the stone walls are completely filled with various pieces of priceless art dedicated to the Goddess of Beauty. Those who pray within sing rather than chant, and no one discriminates a worshipper for having an unpleasant singing voice. It is about mastering an art that is important, and to get to mastery is a long, difficult road.

To the side of the double doors stands an adorned donation box. Further in, Kethaera can spot her friend and mentor Zachrin Vhast. The male human is known for being a powerful priest who dedicated himself to spreading the word of Shelyn to the darkest of places.


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules made himself as inconspicuous as possible, seeking to blend in with the group gathered and stayed silent.

He stayed near Kethaera and watched the congregation for any sign of a mole.


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip lets the chaty ones take the lead as well, making sure to position himself so any nosy types see nothing.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Upon seeing the donation box, the diva places a gold coin and four silver coins into the box with a smile on her face.

She then smiles at her mentor the head priest Zachrin Vhast. She leads the others to him. Upon approaching him she bows slightly to him, "Greetings Zachrin Vhast! It is good to see you again. It's me Kethaera Nightbreeze. I was hoping to speak with you on some very important things."

Did we go out disguised or as ourselves?


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

I didn't make any disguises.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Ah okay. Thank you for letting me know.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

After Kethaera placed the sail and shield pieces into the donation box, several people take notice of the sizeable donation. They smile in thanks as Kethaera goes by, knowing that it will be put to good use.

Father Zachrin Vhast is an older Chelaxian man, in his later 60's. He has short brown hair, with most of the top having receded into a bald patch. He stands with a hunched back, and walks with a cane. He is currently dressed in a long blue silk robe.

"Greetings, Kethaera. You sound quite serious, is everything alright?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

If there is no attempt made to negotiate with you, however, would you remain bound to the contract as it exists or would you be free to roam the plane?

Tarnagius shakes his head.

Why am I even talking to you? Aerodus, can you remove the code on this paper?


DM Intervention 1/1

For the first time, Aerodus speaks up. "I cannot, brother. Outright dispelling magic is beyond my abilities at this time. However, I could purchase a scroll."

"I'd still be bound as it existed before the amendments."


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera smiles at her mentor before nodding.

"In a way yes. But I believe we should speak in private. My friends here are a bit...paranoid about what I have to tell you."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

In that case I'll see if I can find a different way to have this removed. Please excuse me for interrupting your work, brother.

Tarnagius turns to the imp.

If you must follow this document, render yourself unseen again. We are going back out.

Tarnagius makes his way outside after retrieving his gear, unless Pylos tries to stop him.


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip hovers nearby as Kethaera speaks.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"Alas, I have no real experience with contracts, especially infernal contracts," Pylos said to the others as he stood up. "I would recommend finding a lawyer we could pay to keep quiet about it. Do you have any recommendations, Aerodus?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

"You would likely find some experienced devil binders within the temple of Asmodeus. They would be willing to keep everything discreet, but of course it depends on the terms you negotiate with. If that doesn't work for you, I would be willing to assist. Otherwise you may have to go to another family, such as the Tanessens. I know that Count Geoff Tanessen is an accomplished wizard. Unfortunately, there are not any professors within the Alabaster Academy who are well versed in devil summoning and binding. I am one of the only people studying it at the present time. And do not worry, brother. I found this most entertaining. Be careful out there with lady Blosodriette, she is very powerful. My lady, it was a pleasure meeting you. Farewell."

As Tarnagius, Pylos, and the now invisible Blosodriette exit the room, Aerodus closes the doors behind them.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

The old man peers around him to make notice of Phillip and Jules skulking about. "Very well, let us speak within my quarters on the top floor. You may bring your friends as well, if they wish."

Father Vhast's quarters were quite small and simple in nature, yet the walls were still filled with works of art. Everyone could smell the scent of lilacs in the air, and a vase of such flowers were nearly bursting atop a small wooden table. There were only two chairs available to sit on, and Father Vhast sat on the edge of his single bed. On a nearby desk, an ivory depiction of a dove stood tall, with the dove flying across a forest into the sunrise.

"So, what do you wish to speak about, my daughter?" The good father asked.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera nodded as she and her friends followed her priestly mentor into his quarters.

When he asked her what she wished to discuss with him, she paused for a moment as she started from the beginning, starting with the protest a few days ago...

"As it turns out, the Silver Ravens weren't completely destroyed, but their leaders were probably most certainly were as Jules can probably tell you. Now, the people of Kintargo need our help. All my life I was wondering what was I meant to do. Maybe this is the will of the Eternal Rose. I know that the Church of Shelyn probably can't help us directly, given my fears, and probably yours as well, that such an official association might harm the church's ability to be kept open to all of Kintargo’s needy as I can't begin to imagine the sort of hardships the people of Kintargo would go through if the Church of Shelyn wasn't here for them. But, they need the love of Shelyn more now than ever before, if these troubling times get any worse, which they most certainly will. I...I may not be a Shelynite priestess, but still, I have done my best to follow her teachings and everything you and the other clergy members have taught me growing up. When I spoke of Shelyn's eternal love to the protesters, it felt...well, right. There is too much discrimination and bigotry in the world right now. I can do a lot of good right now. That's what I'm hear to ask you: can the Church of Shelyn aid us in restoring this city to beauty and love and to bring hope back to her people? I know that it will be a hard road, and this is not an easy decision for you to make and I'm deeply sorry to put pressure and stress on you, but in my heart, I know that this is the right path."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Pylos, I feel we ought to go back to your place and discuss our options.

Tarnagius walks toward the front door.

Beylos, my belongings.


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules followed while keeping an eye out for any tailing people.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Once inside, as Kethaera spoke, he felt the need to interject. "Bear in mind milord, that this resurrection of the Silver Ravens is still not ready to go public itself. However, discreet help would be most appreciated."
Diplomacy Aid Kethaera: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"Indeed," Pylos said. Giving a nod to Aerodus, he gave his polite fare-the-wells and left the room. As they walked down the hallway towards the exit, he looked over at his companion and asked quietly, "Tell me, do you think your brother can be trusted to keep these matters quiet?"

801 to 850 of 5,363 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TreasureFox's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.