Hell's Rebels Adventure Path

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 14th of Sarenith, 4715AR
Day 6 of the week
WHO DARES CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF THRUNE!?

Underwater Adventure Maps

Loot List
Homebrew Rules
Silver Raven Coffers
The Story So Far


651 to 700 of 5,370 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

Something finessable, thinking a rapier. Its why I went with the estoc, it's basically a stronger rapier.

Pylos just stood there after his failed charge. His estoc, given to him by his weapons trainer, was teleported to a different dimension. That...that just didn't happen to people. Growling angrily, he took a step back and drew his whip.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Well that was...odd. but back on topic, I would have gone with a mace. But that's just me.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius slips around behind Kethaera and cuts at the remaining creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

I need a finessable weapon for my Avenger's Finesse ability, that's why.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Hm makes sense now that you mentioned it and I've looked up the rules. Very interesting archetype.


DM Intervention 1/1

I have something planned that you'll get shortly.

Indeed, as Kethaera prays that her longsword hits, the blade effortlessly severs the final Lemure into inanimate goop. Shortly thereafter, Kethaera feels sick to her stomach. Her eyes gloss over, and she loses her ability to see.

Heal DC 15:

Kethaera is suffering from a mild form of blinding sickness. The effects should pass within 5 minutes.

Combat is over


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Her smile which had started to appear as she slashed through the final Lemure is quickly replaced with a face filled with shock and confusion.

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 17

"Arggh! I can't see! Where is everyone!? Damn it! This is a blinding sickness! Those accursed Lemures inflicted a blinding sickness on me! I think it's mild but still! Someone help me before I walk into--oof!"

Unable to see the half-elf walks into a wall.

"--a wall. Ouch."

Rubbing her nose a bit, she says, "Ow. The blinding sickness should last about five minutes or so. But you guys are going to have to be my eyes. My ears and sense of touch work just fine though."

Got the idea of her walking into the wall from when I tried to play pin the tail on the donkey as a child. Hurt my nose but they let me try again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Better idea: Pylos, stay and keep an eye on her. You can use her sword if anything comes up here. Jules, Phillip, come with me. Let's see if we can find anything useful and get out of here. Hauling around a blind woman will only take longer. Catch up when you can see, diva.


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip nods and follows Tarn.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Sighing, the diva warns Tarnagius, "Alright but don't use any magical items until I had a chance to examine them! That also includes scrolls, books that look like spell books, and weird potions! And have Jules check for traps! Be careful!"

She sat down and sighed after handing her sword to Pylos.


DM Intervention 1/1

While Kethaera and Pylos wait for the sickness to end, the rest of the group heads north.

These rooms have fallen mostly into disrepair. Chunks of plaster hang from the walls, exposing rough stonework beyond. Scattered furnishings that once outfitted bunkrooms, a kitchen, and even an armoury lie scattered about in states of complete disrepair, and doors hang from hinges in the crumbling archways that lie between the chambers. To the northeast corner sit three wooden crates which have been nailed shut.

Kethaera's sickness is now over. She can return to the group.


M Human Fighter 2

So.. those crates are what we looken for?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

That was a quick 5 minutes. Was thinking there would be time for character development and stuff :P

As the trio left, Pylos heafted Kethaera's sword, trying to get a good feel for the weapon. "So, what do you like doing in your spare time, Diva?" he asked the half-elf as he wandered around the pool of muck.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

While waiting for her sight to return, Pylos asked her a question.

"Well I do enjoy the arts, so improving my skills in dance, music, and song is something I commonly do in my spare time. I hope to improve my skill in painting. I haven't been practicing in that area I'm afraid and ashamed to admit. I was busy practicing for the Huntress of Heroes so I didn't get time to work on my skills although your cousin changed things. As for you?"

After he answers this will take place...

Blinking her eyes several times and rubbing them a bit, her vision cleared.

"Ah! Seems my vision has returned. So Pylos let's meet up with the others. I do hope they are alright."

She then paused and said, "To answer your question from before Pylos: Jules I find to be interesting not just his motives for restoring the Silver Ravens, but also his intelligence and skills but at the same time I can't help but pity his decision to leave his past locked away. It surely must have been hard being a slave. I do hope his search for meaning and justice does not led him down a dark path. The halfling is a good person and maybe Shelyn or some other deity will aid him. Tarnagius seems nice enough for someone who lived in the capital city amongst those who have sold their souls to evil and damnation. While I do think he's a bit...pampered and stuck up judging from his reaction in the sewers when he must have step in something nasty he seems to have a good heart and soul. His will must be stronger than adamantine itself to keep it mostly pure while serving your family. He has the makings of a true hero. Phillip is nice and seems to be deeply devoted to standing up for those who cannot stand up for themselves. An admirable and noble trait! However, he seems to be a bit...vindictive for some reason as if he enjoys beating up bullies and thugs. A strange combination for sure. As for you...you're a nice man who has had to endure living in a family of diabolists and power hungry nobles with hearts to match the color of their black clothes. It is no small feat that you were able to withstand any attempts to tarnish your soul. The Drunken Hero surely smiled upon you."

So there you have it! What Kethaera thinks of the others.


M Human Fighter 2

I take pride in my work, I'm up to 20 hellknight ears already!


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Seems likely.

Tarnagius walks over and kicks one of the crates and taps the top of it with his ax.

Are there any imps or similar monstrosities in there?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"Well, don't tell anyone, but I'm a sucker for a good romance novel," Pylos answered sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head for effect. Even if she couldn't see it. "And I'm not talking about those trashy, bodice-rippers, though those can he good. I'm talking about the ones with actual love in it."

As Kethaera rapidly blinks her eyes and exclaimed that she could see, Pylos grinned in happiness for her. "Alright, it was getting weird being around a woman that couldn't gaze upon my magnificent self," he said with a wide grin. As they walked along the hallway and she answered his question from earlier, he replied, "Jules needs to learn that not all chain's in this world happen to he made of metal, though I agree that his heart is in the right place. As for Tarnagius, he is a bit stuck up. You can't live so long in that crowd without picking up some of their manerism. And Phillip, I'm still getting a read on him." Turning his smile that salons the heart of even the most jaded of harlots, he added, "And you, my dear Diva of the Wilds, are a rather lovely specimen, both inside and out, and you have a very lovely outside. Surely Shelyn smiled upon you at birth."


DM Intervention 1/1

Dayum! Good job you two :) I didn't want to leave you two out of the loot finding.

Right after Tarnagius asks his question, he hears a high pitched "Nope! Hehehe" :P


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip jolts and narrows his eyes. Well I bet it is a goblin then. Goblins have those high squeaky voices.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

She smiles and laughs a bit.

"Well thank you very much! Never been called Diva of the Wilds before. Usually I'm called the Savage Diva or the Diva of Lions since well the mountain lion is the totem animal of my father's tribe. Well one of the totem animals. Ah here we are. And Shelyn probably did bless me at my birth."

Upon arriving, the diva is a bit puzzled.

"What are you guys doing? Are you looking for something?"

Im guessing both Pylos and Kethaera didn't hear the high pitched answer.

Perception Aid another Phillip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Performing taxonomy. There's something mischevious-sounding in there. It says it's not an imp, but given the portal to hell in the other room, I'm skeptical. Phillip thinks it's a goblin.


M Human Fighter 2

Has to be a goblin. High squeaky voice, hangs around garbage. Although if it doesn't have big ears, it probably isn't a goblin.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

What if it has wings? Then it would be an imp or quasit.


M Human Fighter 2

Hold on, maybe a pixie then. Squeaky voice and wings. Dunno if there any garbage loving pixies though.


DM Intervention 1/1

Despite their effort to search for the source of the voice, no one is able to locate it.

Tarnagius can tell that the crates are all quite heavy. Seems there is something inside.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"I don't really think a goblin would have been able to sneak into Kintargo to set up shop down here, especially with the gate upstairs locked," Pylos offered as he walked over to inspect the crates. "Anybody got a crowbar or something?"


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

I could pry it with the blade of this ax.

Tarnagius raises his voice slightly

Of course that might be dangerous for anyone hiding in the boxes, since I'd be prying an ax into there blade first, but I guess we don't have a choice since it's not like whatever is inside there is going to come out on its own.


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip makes a note to get his axe back before too many liberties are taken with it.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Well you do have a point. Although I should advise caution. We don't want to damage anything important."


DM Intervention 1/1

While Tarnagius opens the crates, Kethaera notices a small nest made out of hay. It's big enough to fit a cat, but nothing larger than that.

DM Measurements:

I always end up measuring size like this:
Tiny = Cat
Small = Dog
Medium = Human
Large = Horse

Loots:

- A set of brown leather armor with hardened shoulder pads and a bandolier. It glows slightly with magic. (Treated as Mwk Studded Leather Armor)

- A finely crafted composite shortbow with an above average strength rating (+1)

- A finely crafted hand crossbow

- A dark green cloak with a green leaf clasp

- A locked box that reads "Kyda's Nine Lashes"

- A locked, watertight iron coffer

- Six figurines depicting ravens made of silver, each one shimmers with magic


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"It appears something made a small nest which looks like it would fit a small cat."

"Jules I'll leave the unlocking to you. Now let me see here..."

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

"A lot of useful items in here. The ravens and leather armor are magical judging from the shimmers and glow."


DM Intervention 1/1

Kethaera is unsure of the magical properties of the armor.

You can make 1 spellcraft check per item. Technically, it requires the use of Detect Magic, although I tend to wave that aside. You can take 10, if you wish.


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip examines the coffer and boc
Perception,Box: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Perception,Coffer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Ah I see. When I used to gm I let my players do one Spellcraft check for well everything. Helped keep things moving but that was back in my D&D days so the rules are probably quite different. Sorry I've been looking at my D&D books than at pathfinder! At least I don't have to calculate THAC0. But wouldn't taking 10 still get me the same result of 12?

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 silver ravens

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Cloak


DM Intervention 1/1

The coffer and box are both locked shut. Neither show any signs of traps or triggers.

Kethaera is able to identify the cloak as a Cloak of Elvenkind. Wearing this cloak will grant the wearer a +5 bonus to their stealth.

Yes taking 10 would result in a 12 for you. You'll probably want to put some skill ranks in there. The DC for magic items is 15+item's caster level.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

On it! Note to self: put skill points in Spellcraft. Am I allowed to try again and do another Spellcraft check? Or am I allowed only one?

Kethaera smiled as she handed Jules the cloak saying, "This should prove useful for you Jules. It's a cloak of elvenkind. It lets you be well a bit stealthier than normal. That'll come in handy no doubt."


DM Intervention 1/1

1/day


M Human Fighter 2

Disbale Device: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


DM Intervention 1/1

Phillip can take 20 in order to unlock the box and coffer. DC 25

The box, labelled "Kyda's Nine Lashes" reveals a simple black leather whip with a small silver raven engraved into the handle. It practically vibrates with magic.

The coffer contains two scrolls, and a mass of documents written in cypher. The documents pile into the hundreds.

You find nothing more in this room, and there are no more doors Dungeon is complete


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Works for me!

Kethaera studied the two scrolls as well as the whip attempting to learn more. She glanced at the pile of documents.

"Does anyone want me to see if any of these documents are actually magical scrolls? I mean I've read stories where important documents have even greater important secrets."

A nod to the first Hobbit movie!

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Linguistics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Tarnagius begins looking over the documents, trying to understand the cypher.


M Human Fighter 2

Don't have much use right now for the shortbow or small crossbow.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

" Jules could use the crossbow. Not sure about the bow. I could hang onto it or Tarnagius could make use of it. It's excellently made."

She then followed Tarnagius's example and tried to decipher the documents as well.

Linguistics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 XP


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius scratches his chin, still pouring over the documents, then puts them away and begins carrying them.

We ought to discuss this back where it's safe. We're still kind of out in the open here.


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

"All interesting. I'd like those documents. It will take quite awhile to break the cipher. I will gladly take to cloak and crossbow. It should be usable even if big."

I feel like I should know something of these items. The ravens and the whip and name Kyda.

Knowledge history: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Good point Tarnagius. I can detect any traces of magic on the documents later. If everyone is okay with it, I'll take the leather armor."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"Well hello there, beautiful," Pylos said as he picked up the whip. "Aren't you just magnificent. If nobody minds, I wouldn't mind having this particular brand of treasure. Always useful to carry around more than one."


DM Intervention 1/1

Kethaera's Spellcraft:

Although she isn't able to identify the first scroll, she is able to discern the second as a scroll of Pass Without Trace.

The whip itself makes Kethaera's eyes bulge. This +1 Deadly Whip also grants a flat +2 bonus on Bluff checks, and it carries an active ability. Upon saying the command word: "Sing for me!", the user can choose to use the whip with one of the following feats:

1. Improved Trip
2. Improved Disarm
3. Improved Feint

This ability can be activated 1/day. Upon activation, the whip glows silver and leaves a trail of 8 other whips, making a total of 9.

Upon a quick inspection of the documents, Tarnagius is able to identify that the following languages are used in the cypher: Celestial, Elven, and Strix. Deciphering the hundreds of pages will take months of full-time work.

Unfortunately, censorship is pretty tight in Cheliax, but Jules can make an educated guess that Kyda was the name of a Silver Raven member.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera's eyebrow twitches as her jaw drops.

"Um...Pylos...that whip...is very powerful. Unlike other normal whips it actually can be used as a weapon".

The diva goes on to explain what the whip can do.

"Ill have to try again tomorrow and look over one of the scrolls again. But one of them is a scroll that lets you cast the pass without trace spell. That should be handy. So Tarnagius, anything you can tell us about the documents?"

I'm surprised Kethaera didn't notice the Elven in the documents. They must have combined the alphabets from all three languages to make the documents difficult to read. I.e. They used the letter t from the elven language, h from the celestial language, and e from the Strix language to spell the. Only possible explanation I have for why she wasn't able to spot it. Well that and the low roll I got. Additional note to self: put skill points in Linguistics.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

There are several languages used here. We've got some work here. Let's go back to the base so I can give this a good once-over. We got at least a month of work here.

Tarnagius puts it all back in the box.

Maybe we should get a wagon.

651 to 700 of 5,370 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TreasureFox's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.