Hell's Rebels Adventure Path

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 14th of Sarenith, 4715AR
Day 6 of the week
WHO DARES CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF THRUNE!?

Underwater Adventure Maps

Loot List
Homebrew Rules
Silver Raven Coffers
The Story So Far


851 to 900 of 5,375 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius shrugs.

About what? That I was looking into the Silver Ravens? That was already public knowledge. That I have trafficked with devils? We're nobles in Cheliax, people probably assumed that already. He doesn't know enough details to be dangerous.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Fighter 2

Phillip nods. Yea, just some folks who want things to improve. Haven some mayor who wants to ban tea is a clear sign that things have to change.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Beylor dutifully returns their affects the moment Tarnagius and Pylos reach the door. "Safe travels, master and guest." He said with a bow.

As the two walk down the street, Pylos feels something on his shoulder. It was small, but just heavy enough to be obnoxious. "It would be pretty funny" a familiar female voice says "if they ever found out about your true allegiance. Do you think they would exile you? Or perhaps even kill?"

Part way through Tarnagius' answer, the imp Blosodriette interrupts "Where are we going, by the way? To the hideout, yes?"

-----

The old priest nodded and listened intently to Kethaera's request. He paused a moment before answering, as if to process it a second time.

"My dear diva, it pains me that you must walk this path, just as I have done when I was young. While it is for the greatest good, know that this path will lead to extreme danger. There will be a time when the enemy knows of you, and will actively work against you. For now, take this with you as a promise from the church. When you have proven yourselves capable, I shall spread the word to my trustworthy students. In the meantime, I give you my Cure Serious Wounds wand. It has been used a fair amount, but it should get you started. It has 25 charges left."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius shrugs, then says out the side of his mouth.

Nothing that hasn't been a possibility for either of us since we were children, and yes.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera smiled a bit as she thanked her mentor for the wand.

"Thank you Father Vhast. We will do all that we can to prove ourselves to you...and to Shelyn herself. We appreciate this gift and your promise. We will stand against the darkness that threatens to engulf our beautiful city and by doing so bring the light of hope back to her people. I know it'll be a long and difficult road for us, but i will strive hard and when things get tough I'll look to my friends and loved ones for support for the Eternal Rose teaches us that love and friendship are the greatest weapons against evil and suffering. You told me that yourself and it has helped me through some tough times. I appreciate all that you have taught me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul."

She bows to him thanking him for the wand and his blessings.


M Human Fighter 2

Much obliged.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

The old priest smiles, perhaps bittersweet. "If you ever need help, you may come here. We will be here for you."


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Thank you again Father Vhast. We will always cherish your kindness and wisdom. May the Eternal Rose bless you always."

With that said, the half-elf bid her mentor goodbye.

Before leaving, she does put two gold coins, a silver coin, and two copper coins into the donation box.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

The old man does have a mind for secrecy. Good. His help and discretion will be an asset. The halfling thought to himself as he bowed politely to the priest and followed the others out.

"Let us regroup at the nest." he said quietly, "We may have some time for other discussions before the day is done and work never ceases."


DM Intervention 1/1

Kethaera, Jules, and Phillip will have to pay another 3cp to cross the bridge. Hopefully you guys are staying ontop of that.

Back at the Wasp nest, everyone arrives at roughly the same time. Laria and Rexus have put aside their work for the moment to drink some wine or mead, and discuss with you what you've found out and what you plan to do next. The Skritt Squad and Nisha are not present.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius moves inside, waits for the others to enter and immediately seals the door behind him.

Good. The rodents aren't here. We have a problem. The document? My brother couldn't unveil what it says, but there is reason to believe it's an infernal contract because, well, of this thing. Unveil yourself, imp.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

Smacking Tarnagius lightly upside the head in admonishment, Pylos reaches up to where he feels the little imp and pats her on the head gently. "Hey, be nice, Tarny," Pylos says. "It's not her fault that little Blosodriette had been bound against her will for so long. How would you like it if you had been by yourself for years and years?"


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

After getting back to the Nest, Kethaera listened to what Tarnagius said about the document she had discovered. While she was a bit offended at his comment at the group's ratfolk comrades, she was willing to give him time to break free of his racist tendencies, something she figured that he had picked up in the Chelish capital. She then turned and looked at Jules.

"I told you we should have taken it to Songbird Hall. They might have been able to dunk the imp in holy water. Might get rid of the sulfur and brimstone smell."

She then asked, not wanting to have an imp alongside them, "How do we get rid of you? I could go back to the Church of Shelyn and get a scroll to summon a celestial. Or we could just pour holy water onto the document. I don't feel comfortable having a fiend in our rebellion."


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip angles himself to get a good chop on the imp.


DM Intervention 1/1

The imp does not reveal herself. A soft fluttering is heard around the room, while Blosodriette speaks.

"I am terribly disappointed in you, Tarnagius the noble. You, Kethaera the loving. You, Phillip the free and strong. I have treated you all fairly, without mischief, contempt, or loathing. And yet you set up your axe to strike me? Simply because I was sent to Hell when I died, right here in this very city? I am not even allied with your enemy! I just wanted to offer my services to you, but you have judged me before half of you have even set eyes on me."


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules' eyes narrowed from the seat he has taken and tried to follow the voice about the room. All the while, memories of childhood playing in his mind and seething hatred being hidden behind silence.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"I admit, I was expecting a little bit more from those who professed a desire for equality," Pylos said, shrugging his shoulders. "I admit, if it wasn't for my upbringing rearing it's ugly head, I might be a bit more wary, but not outright hostile."


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Well I tend to have better experiences with celestials than fiends is all."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Trying to get a sense of whether it just lied to us about being enemies with Thrune. As well as if it's hiding anything from us


DM Intervention 1/1

Kethaera can hear the quivering fear in the imp's desperate voice, but she doesn't detect any lies. Seems like the imp is actually telling the truth.

"Right, Pylos? You would not let them attack me, would you? Jules, Jules I used to be a Halfling slave when I was alive. I used to live here, in Kintargo, before."


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip rolls his eyes at the obvious lies.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Seems to be telling the truth which is a first I guess as far as fiends go. Still I wish it had been a celestial instead of an imp," the half-elf thought to herself. She could tell the imp was telling the truth but still the idea of an imp being part of their rebellion raised a great number of red flags. Weren't they also fighting against the Asmodean Church as well? Imps were devils so unless this imp wanted to be redeemed which was unlikely something wasn't right. There were tales of crusaders redeeming cultists and even half demons near the Worldwound but a full fledged fiend!? Only a god could pull something like that off right?

Kethaera was pleased to note that Phillip and Jules were on the side of caution, which was ironic considering that earlier she and Jules had argued against bringing the document to the Church of Shelyn. Had they done so, they wouldn't be having this problem.

She decided to try something in order to gauge the imp's reactions.

"What happens if your contract is destroyed or someone tries to rewrite it?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius shakes his head violently after being smacked by Pylos, then looks flabbergasted at Pylos' and Kethaera's attempts to negotiate with the thing. Whatever contempt he may have for nonhumans utterly pales in comparison to the viciousness of his tone as he speaks.

I only made an attempt to grab you in my brother's study because you were an imp that had been following me invisibly and only revealed yourself after your invisibility had been detected. It's not exactly unheard of in Cheliax for a low-level pawn to be used as a spy, much less one that can render itself invisible. Moreover, whatever you were as a mortal, you are a devil now. A creature that by nature exists to bend the truth and mislead people into decisions that damn them. That is literally the purpose of your existence. There is absolutely no reason for any of us to believe a thing that you say. Whether whatever sob story you are about to spin to ensorcel us into sympathizing with you is true or not is something that we have absolutely no means of verifying, and ultimately doesn't matter, as you are a direct line to hell, the thing that stands behind our enemy. The only reason I brought you back here was because I don't want to make decisions on behalf of the rest of my compatriots.

He looks at Pylos

No matter how much more practical it may be for me to do so, I respect the fact that we are all in this as peers.

He walks to his bed and sits down.

I vote we are either finding a way to bind the thing, or sending it back to hell. A fiend with personal knowledge of our operations is far too dangerous to be left alone, much less trusted and coddled like a puppy.


M Human Fighter 2

Aye, send the imp back to hell. Be just like going home.


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules continued to follow the thing in the air.

He asked in a cold tone,"How do you know our names? Did the ravens have you under contract?"


DM Intervention 1/1

You can all read these (who doesn't?). I'm just trying to break it up a bit.

Kethaera:

"You can write anything on it without changing it. For anything to become part of the contract, both members have to agree to the terms."

Kethaera can sense that the imp is purposely ignoring the Destroy part of the question.

Tarnagius:

Everyone can hear the imp growl like a cat after Tarnagius finishes speaking. She doesn't say anything, but it is clear she's upset.

Jules:

"I've been forced to follow everyone since you picked up my contract with all those Silver Raven documents. I was forced into service by the ruthless Sarini family, who shortly thereafter died. My contract was carried to that basement, and then a day later the civil war ended and the Ravens were gone. So I've been alone there ever since."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"See, guys? Perfectly innocent," Pylos said. Upon the blank stares he got in reply, he added, "Well, for a devil from the pit, anyway." Giving a shrug to Blosodriette, he continued. "Besides, haven't you heard about the succubus down in the Worldwound that changed sides to help stop the Storm king? Last I heard she became some kind of celestial."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

"Haven't heard a word of it. Mr.Thrune" Im playing that game right now. Can we please keep other AP knowledge to a minimum?

Jules stayed silent after her answer. I cannot trust these devious things. Not after what happened. I refuse.

A moment later he stood. "If you'll excuse me."

He walked out of the room and into the kitchen.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera raised an eyebrow at Pylos's comment. While it wasn't unheard of for such rumors to spread especially amongst those who desired hope (and hoping for a day when evil was vanquished was not a bad thing actually), the half-elf had learned that evil was relentless from what her mentor Father Vhast had taught her on the nature of good and evil. Still, good could be powerful enough to do amazing things that others would consider impossible.

Kethaera listened to the imp. However, the diva noticed something: the imp was purposely avoiding her question of what happens if someone were to destroy the contract. She wondered...

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18 Trying to trick the imp. Keep your fingers and toes crossed...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 In case my bluff fails, I'm going to see if I can sense any form of unease with the question or conversation

"So what happens if someone used the contract say...I don't know as a tissue to blow their nose or wipe um...certain parts of their body? Or someone spilt water onto the contract? What happens?"

She hoped the others would pick up on what she was trying to do.


DM Intervention 1/1

Let it be known that although imps do have sense motive... it isn't that good. Also, sorry Jules. From now on, no discussion of other APs please.

"Well I do not think water would do much, it's more about rips and tears that I would be worried about. One wrong move and I would be shipped right back to the pit!"


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"I see. So if I were to just tear the contract like so?"

Kethaera began to tear a corner off the contract...

Please note, she is tearing a corner off the paper, not ripping it in half!


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip's eyes followed Jules as he left and then sifted back to the contract if it was out in the open.


DM Intervention 1/1

The imp's invisibility flickers a few times before restoring. "No! Nonononononono don't!!"


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip bumps Tarn with his elbow and points to his axe and then jerks his head towards Kethaera.
Bluff Secret message: 1d20 ⇒ 13

Spoiler:
How about we sneak out the back and whack something?

The results of a barely missed check


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Whatever may or may not have happened elsewhere, that's not a risk we are in any position to take!

Tarnagius' previous icey, spitting nastiness has begun to boil over. His voice gradually gets growlier and growlier as he gets angrier.

There is no means of verifying anythin- he's cut off by the flickering of Blosodriette's invisibility. The anger subsides as a nasty-looking grin appears across his face.

Well, we've linked the thing to the contract at the very least. Let's assume it will stay near the contract and stick it in a box in the sewer somewhere.If we send it back to hell, that risks someone summoning it and all it has to do is shout "the leaders of the Silver Ravens are these people" and we have a huge problem on our hands. I don't need to remind you that we he points to himself, Kethaera and Pylos are all public figures. It's better to keep it on this plane, but somewhere where it can't be used against us.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Whats to stop someone else from finding the contract? I don't want some innocent sewer cleaner or ratfolk finding it and getting mixed up in all of this. Also wouldn't destroying the contract kill her as well? I'm afraid I'm not knowledgable about infernal contracts."

Kethaera continues to tear corners off the document while not outright destroying the contract, hoping her actions keep the imp well behaved.

Oh boy...this is not going to turn out too well.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

Pylos looked over at everybody, and frowned in disappointment at Kethaera. "I actually expected more from you, Kethaera," he said, shaking his head. "Has nobody ever actually listened to old tales about situations like this? Blosodriette's betrayal of us is not inevitable unless we make it inevitable. Instead of tormenting and threatening her, perhaps we should employ even a modicum diplomacy here? She is not a demon, even devils can feel loyalty." So saying, he took the contract from Kethaera's grasp to protect it from further harm. "Seriously, if this is how you all will deal with things like this, I'm wondering how this rebellion will every work."


M Human Fighter 2

Loyalty? Devils will give ya a contract for the most lovely woman ever to stick yer willy in, but then just forget to tell ya that she is infected with stuff that makes it fall off. Corruption and suffering is what they are made of, bleed evil and crap lies.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"You do realize Pylos that devils are fiends and thus want to take advantage of us anyway they can think of. Maybe not at first but they'll eventually find a way. And I'm guessing she wants her contract really badly as it is probably the only thing keeping her here. I think I heard that beings from other planes are more powerful here than on their own home planes...or so I've been told. Anyhow, I'm surprised that you would want to be nice to a fiend given the fact that your deity has battled devils countless times. I understand that you might be able to redeem her but such a task is beyond us. We aren't demigods or saints here! We're trying to topple a corrupt government who is strangling our beloved city. And while I'll be the first to admit that it would be neat to redeem a fiend we have to be a bit realistic here. Besides there are certainly celestials who would be more than happy to aid us. And trust me, celestials are much easier to deal with than an imp."

She nodded at Philip.

"Well a bit...graphic Phillip but true. Fiends like to twist things around so that while it may look like we are the ones on top they are the ones who win in the end. And I value my soul too much to ally with the forces of hell to battle the Asmodean Church. The celestial planes on the other now those forces I can feel confident in allying with."

While busy talking, Kethaera doesn't pay attention to what she's doing and accidentally tears a huge chunk of the document. Not enough to destroy the parchment but probably enough to drive the imp mad with rage.

"Oops. Um...anyone have a scroll of mending?"


M Human Fighter 2

Oh just tear it and be done with it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

I took the contract from you, or did it tear as I did so?


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Probably tore when you took it from me.

Kethaera is a bit unsettled by the fact that Pylos wishes to keep the imp around. She was a bit surprised when he took the parchment out of her hands which had torn a good bit off of the document when he did so.

"I'm starting to wonder if the little devil has a spell on you Pylos. I'm willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt but you have to realize that even if she was a slave she probably did some really bad things to end up in Hell. Also I don't think a lot of people here are going to feel comfortable having her around. You saw how Jules acted. Not to mention Tarnagius is uncomfortable having her around as well. I'm betting she wants the contract so she can get out of here and betray us."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius looks sideways at the arguing pair.

Assuming it was ever even a mortal at all.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"...Um good point Tarnagius. You seem to have a better grasp of the situation so I believe we should look to you for guidance here. Would destroying the contract kill her or send her back to Hell and keep her from ever coming back?"


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

I'm no wizard, so I have no idea. I do know it's been following the contract when it could have been running off at any time, so it seems to be forced to stay in a certain range from the contract. Given that, and that people can summon fiends from the outer planes fairly easily so sending it back to hell is definitely a gamble. Can it even be killed on this plane? I don't know.


DM Intervention 1/1

Blosodriette had lost her invisibility, and was lying on the ground breathing very heavily. "Please..." she gasped. "Keep the contract, or rip it apart, but no more torture. I just wanted... to see my home again."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

So we're in agreement to keep her then? If not then ignore this post and I'll do another one later.

Rushing over to the collapsed imp, Pylos gently picked her up and brought her over to a nearby chair. Sitting down with her on his lap, he looked at the others and said, "I'm only gonna say this once, but there is a reason I would rather trust an imp than any member of the Thrune family. When I was younger, my mother assigned an imp to watch over me. Whether you believe me or not, I actually had a lot of fun with him. He was a newly created imp, so he hadn't been in hell for very long, but he was still fun to be around. But when my mother found out how close we had gotten, enough to where he would actually disobey some of her orders about me, she forced me to watch as she tortured him before sending him back to the pit." He stopped for a moment as he briefly remembered that moment when he had lost his best friend before continuing. "What a lot of people who don't regularly traffic with devils tend to forget is that imps are about the lowest of the low in Hell's hierarchy, so they tend to get the bum deal in any agreement they're involved in. So if I can help her, you bet I will."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

I think so. Far as I can tell you're the only one who has an OOC opinion one way or the other.

Tarnagius shakes his head and thumbs the bridge of his nose.

I hope you realize you're probably the only thing in the multiverse that would get me to do this s%+@, Pylos.

All right then, fine! Fine, but we're going to have rules. First, nobody speaks with it alone - it's much easier to get a single person to start slipping into Hell's clutches than a group, anyone caught speaking to it outside the presence of at least one other member of our little band here is going to be assumed a traitor. Second, it stays here in the nest until we can get the contract properly examined so as to eliminate its ability to do mischief. Third, nobody, and I mean nobody knows it is here and working with us who is not already in this room. That's the only way this will work until we get it under written contract.

Tarnagius' voice is less openly hostile, but still very tense.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

My main concern is how it'll affect the rebellion.

Kethaera nods.

"I agree. And if you wish to know what happened with me and Jules and Philip, I'll tell you later!"

She storms off, muttering under her breath, ...and pray I don't kick you in the teeth."

She knew this was a bad idea as she went to join Jules.


M Human Fighter 2

Just keep the imp under control


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Kethaera stepped into the kitchen and heard a rhythmic *Thump*. She walked around the corner to see the halfling throwing daggers into a cutting board on the wall. Four in all rested in the board. He walked up to retrieve the daggers and turned seeing she had entered the room.

"Ms. Nightbreeze, I apologize. I didn't see you there." The halfling said in a flat tone, "Has something been decided?"

851 to 900 of 5,375 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TreasureFox's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.