Hell's Rebels Adventure Path

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 14th of Sarenith, 4715AR
Day 6 of the week
WHO DARES CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF THRUNE!?

Underwater Adventure Maps

Loot List
Homebrew Rules
Silver Raven Coffers
The Story So Far


5,501 to 5,528 of 5,528 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

DM Intervention 1/1

Tasha's dagger scrapes the serpent Skum's scales without effect. Her first shield bash should have gone through, but that black magical shield glows gold for just an instant and Tasha's bash misses. The final bash however, does push through the barrier.

Aster hangs back to protect from a flank, while Rexandi moves forward to complete that ranged healing spell for Bazzle.

The eye in the center of the serpent skum's head begins to open half-way. This doesn't stop the serpent and its southern mermaid skum ally from babbling nonsense, but it reflects the fact that Menotheguro is regaining control. The mermaid to the north manages to cast her spell defensively, and her hand crackles with electricity. It seems drawn to Tasha's armour, and suddenly she's electrocuted from behind!
Good news, however, for the dwarf skum tries to smash Bazzle with its warhammer, but his attack is so clumsy that Bazzle is able to swiftly disarm him. He still has that weird jellyfish spear, however.
Tasha takes 17 electricity damage.

Everyone's turn!

Dice Rolls:

Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 32
Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 38
Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 10
Concentration: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Touch: 1d20 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 28
Dmg: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5, 1, 6) = 17
Confusion: 1d100 ⇒ 17
Warhammer: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 2 = 11


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Ederion shakes his head as the mermaid attacks Tasha - "Such a shame..." - then pierces ahead at the mermaid.

Rapier: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13

I keep rolling like crap.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

At least you can do something, even if it is crap :) Aster moves a little closer but still can't do anything. So waits unless an opening appears.


DM Intervention 1/1

Ederion feels a little ball of anger in his chest. Passion, destruction, desperation. Its resonant song threatens his rational mind, and yet, its power could be just enough to turn the tide of battle.
Will he accept the raging song?


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

And why the hell not? Ederion is a sucker for new sensations anyway :D


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

he should still be blessed as well, if you did not include that.


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 33/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

"No! You're not coming back!", Tasha screeches at the eel. Seeing Bazzle leap for the eye, she lunges with her shield to strike directly at the creature's beady eye.

Rolls/OoC:

And I just remembered we can aim attacks for the eye... Thanks Bazzle!
Attack, Shield 1, Angry: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Attack, Dagger, Angry: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Attack, Shield 1, Angry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

EDIT: Adding the Spirit!

Spirit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Damage, correct me if wrong: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Ederion accepts the rage, which clouds his rational mind. Not only can he hear the blood curdling screams of mermaids, but he can feel them. Betrayal, terrible loss of loved ones, not being acknowledged, realizing a terrible truth. All of these feelings, the feelings of mermaids throughout the ages, surges through his heart. He lunges forward with his eyes wide and focused on ending the misery of the mermaid skum, and with the extra force he stabs through the black shield into her chest. Pain courses through his body as an electric shock sprints through his rapier, but the pain in minor in comparison to the screams. A magical trident forms from spirits around him, and it pierces into the mermaid's flesh as well.

Tasha bashes and stabs directly into the eye. Even the spiritual trident follows her lead, and thankfully with that last bit of rage, the eye pops! Tasha can rest easy. The Skum cannot regain their control, and Tasha will not be subjected to another ray of disintegration. Furthermore, it looks like the destruction of the eye has left the serpent skum even weaker.

Dice Rolls:

Dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
Spirit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Tasha Spirit dmg: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


DM Intervention 1/1

Bazzle and Rexandi's turn.


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Thanks for the nice depiction there Fox ;)


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 21/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

Bazzle swims a small bit away (5 feet). He then sends his daggers for the gaps in the dwarf skum's armor.

Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Attack 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage 1: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
damage 2: 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Still stuck in a corner, Rexandi can do nothing but wait.

Total defense.


DM Intervention 1/1

You're very welcome, Ederion. I did forget to mention that you took 10 electricity damage however.

Bazzle tries to stab the dwarf Skum, but a weird black magical shield blocks his first stab with a glow of golden light. Fortunately his second strike gets through. Rexandi stays in a defensive stance until there's more room. Despite being in the area of freezing cold water, her fiendish resistance keeps her completely safe. Slowly the water begins to warm up to regular temperatures.

A change can be seen within each skum now that the eye has been destroyed. The muttering has stopped, as has their clutching of their skulls. There's a wild look in their eyes, and the semblance of any intelligence is gone. Originally they were dominated slaves, then mad sheep without shepherd, now they have regressed into savagery.

The serpent skum uses a healing hex on itself to heal its wounds. The eye is not repaired, only the socket in which it sat. The mermaid skum fighting Ederion recklessly tries to cast a spell without staying defensive, and Ederion swiftly ends it. The other one conjures a dagger made of ice, and approaches towards Mother Kahli. The dwarf Skum holds onto the jellyfish spear and jabs it directly into Bazzle's arm. Though the pierce was fairly minor, Bazzle is overwhelmed with agonizing pain.
Ederion takes 1 electricity damage. Bazzle takes 9 damage and 2 Con damage.

Everyone's turn.

dice rolls:

Rexandi Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Hex: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 8) + 5 = 14
Ederion AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Dmg: 1d6 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 15
dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Jellyfish: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Dmg: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Bazzle Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Con: 1d3 ⇒ 2


DM Intervention 1/1

I think that Con damage brings Bazzle down to -1hp


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 21/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

I know there was talk of healing I missed it if I was healed? Otherwise, I am out cold.


DM Intervention 1/1
Bazzle Blast-hazard wrote:
I know there was talk of healing I missed it if I was healed? Otherwise, I am out cold.

You were originally at 6, then Rexandi healed you to 14, then you took 9 damage leaving you at 5, and then the -2 Con would bring you down to -1hp. That's what I've got.


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 21/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

Makes sense.

Bazzle floats lazily listing to the side away from the dwarf.


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Unfortunately, I can't see Bazzle or draw line of effect to him, so I can't heal him.


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 33/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

"Bazzle?!", Tasha shouts as the gnome is stabbed once more. Turning towards the now maddened serpent, she bites her teeth. "I'll end you!" With the song of the spirits in her ear, she not so much attacks the serpent, as braces behind her shield and slams her whole body into it, spikes first, trying to smear it against the wall.

Rolls/OoC:

Attack, Shield: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 Obligatory AC -2
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Attack, Dagger: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Attack, Shield: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Attack, Spirit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 21/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9
Rexandi Vatia wrote:
Unfortunately, I can't see Bazzle or draw line of effect to him, so I can't heal him.

Bazzle impatiently and foolhardily swam into danger. Hopefully the destruction of the eye will help us a lot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Tasha slams the serpent against the wall over and over again, then stabs it with her dagger. The spirit trident takes advantage of the stooped serpent to get the final stab in. Finally the Skum is dead.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Yes very good job, the eye had to die... unless you actually die and then no it is not worth it.

The yelling has Aster moving, but she can see nothing. "Rexi, can you see him! There is an opening up there in the corner, maybe your ranged healing... from there?"

the mermaid in the middle is a friend so no aoo


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 21/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

If I die that is small bummer. If others go down I'll feel bad.


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Tasha, perhaps you could 5' step to the south after the attack? If yes:

Regaining his composure after the rage flowed through him, Ederion follows after Tasha's movement to engage with the mermaid facing mother - "Enough"

I can chose not to take the RageSong this round, right? I think I would need to do it to drop it to be able to use Swift Study? Seems to make sense.

Rapier: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 2 = 17


DM Intervention 1/1

I think that's reasonable, Ederion. If a barbarian can suddenly snap out of rage mid-fight, other PCs should be able to do the same with raging song.

Ederion tries to stab the last mermaid skum with his rapier, but that black shield absorbs the impact with a glow of gold. Mother Kahli lunges in with her bone dagger, which seems to completely bypass the black shield. However, upon drawing blood, a shock of electricity carries up her weapon and fries her.
Rillia moves closer, but can't really do anything from the chokepoint.

I'd like to hear from Aster and Rexandi.

Dice Rolls:

Kahli dagger: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Spirit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Dmg: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Aster is suggesting Rexi move in the corner to heal Bazzle. If she doesn't want to, Aster will move there... it will take her a second move and will end her turn. If Rexi moves, then Aster will take the spot she is in... and that will end her turn as well.


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Rexandi clumsily swims across the chamber until she can spot Bazzle - principally by the spreading blood-cloud surrounding him in the water.

Reach cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (7, 7) + 8 = 22


DM Intervention 1/1

Rexandi may be swimming clumsily, but her healing magic is incredibly powerful. Bazzle snaps back into the real world, but there're two problems: He's dropped his daggers, and he's disoriented.
Rillia comes over to Rexandi and casts Slipstream on her.

Bazzle's turn. Since you have a swim speed, you can reorient yourself as a move action without a swim check, nor provoking AoOs.

5,501 to 5,528 of 5,528 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TreasureFox's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.