Hell's Rebels Adventure Path

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 14th of Sarenith, 4715AR
Day 6 of the week
WHO DARES CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF THRUNE!?

Underwater Adventure Maps

Loot List
Homebrew Rules
Silver Raven Coffers
The Story So Far


751 to 800 of 5,528 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"I see. So pretty much your family doesn't expect you being a part of a rebellion against the ruling family of Cheliax? How close is your family to the Thrune family? I know that the Vashnarstill Family isn't actually allied with Thrune and is more aligned with Kintargo so they can't be that close right? I apologize if I'm...prying into your personal life but I just want to make sure my friends are alright that's all."

Good thing I remembered to look at the earlier posts!

She then turned to Kritki and Borr and asked if she could speak to them both in private.


DM Intervention 1/1

After Kethaera and Tarnagius speak, Kritki and Borr turn their heads to the side and walk with Kethaera through the flood gate to speak in private.


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip will head out into the city just to see what he can hear of the current situation.
Gather info: 1d20 ⇒ 4


DM Intervention 1/1

Time Spent: 1d4 ⇒ 2
??: 1d100 ⇒ 16

An excellent try, but after wandering the city for nearly two hours, Phillip doesn't come across anything. As he's about to head back, two men belonging to the Chelish Citizen Group approach you. They're both sporting their armbands on their leather armor proudly, and each carry an axe and a dagger.

"Oi! Whatchu doin' bloke? Word 'as it you been wandrin around our city."


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera smiles and then begins speaking to both ratfolk.

"As you know I'm a follower of Shelyn, the goddess of love. Now I don't want to hurt either of your feelings, but I believe in spreading my love to others just as my goddess spreads her love to all. However, that doesn't mean I value anyone's love any differently. I see all those who I love equally. And I want all my lovers to get along. So if i ever find future lovers I will make sure to introduce them to you both. And I hope you'll love them as I love you and them. Besides I value both of you greatly. And I don't want to break your hearts. I just wanted to let both of you know this. I love both of you."

The half-elf kisses both ratfolk and hugs them.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules also headed out into the city but for reasons other than prodding for information.

GM:
Using Stealth I'd like to start mapping common Dottari patrols and guard posts as well as the CCG patrols. Starting with the section of the city that we occupy in the nest. I figure if we have a week for this I should be able to at least get an idea lol


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius starts at the word 'friends'.

The Vashnarstill family does very little as a unit. It's more of a political alliance than anything I bet you'd recognize, if for no reason other than there are too many of us. Counting cadet cousins and lesser members my generation alone accounts for 30 recognized relatives, not counting in-laws. We come to the defense of each other when it's prudent to do so in order to prevent attacks on ourselves, and we as a group pride ourselves in our knowledge and education, but it's not as if we all eat dinner together and bond and discuss our dreams. And we met the day before yesterday, diva, and we're allies in our goal to save Kintargo. Friends compromise your judgment. Don't make investments like that so hastily.

I hope this doesn't contradict things revealed later. I just felt like this was a moment where a detailed explanation was warranted.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"Come now, old bean," Pylos said, thumping Tarnagius on the back. "Don't tell me that all our times together mean nothing to you. That'll break my heart, it will."


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip glanced around. He'd really like to peel these two but location,location,location. Since he was just bumming around and not on a hunt, he'd rather not start something that might cause fallout with the others.

Well now, I am just heading off to the market right now for some food, not looking to cause any disturbance considering our fine mayor is looking out for us. How about we just go about our days?

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


DM Intervention 1/1

No worries Tarnagius, I think you're fine. Go right ahead Jules. Perhaps you can also provide a Bluff check with that?

Phillip, that sounded a lot more like a diplomacy check to me ;)

Even after Phillip stood tall and flexed, his non-aggressive suggestion keeps the two men smiling.

"Now look 'ere pal, you might look big, but there's two of us an one of you. But don'tcha fret, I'll make it easy on ya. I'm hearin a nice 10 sails comin from that purse of your's. Then we can just go about our days, eh?"


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

This is prior to Kethaera talking to Borr and Kritki.

Kethaera was a bit puzzled by Tarnagius's answer.

"Maybe so, but still friendship is a treasure we should cherish and desire to protect. Besides, I'm surprised that you didn't take up shipbuilding or being a fish merchant, since your family is strongly interested in those areas."

Hm...would that info on the areas of interest for the Vashnarstill family be common knowledge? I'm assuming it is but I could be wrong. If I am then just ignore that last part. Sorry about that. Been a long day.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

After Kethaera explains her situation, Kritki translates to Borr. The two of them don't seem to take it badly. "Sure no problem! Though you don't have to introduce them if you don't wanna. Most Skritt don't stick around with one partner for long anyways hehe."

Borr nods as Kritki explains, though he doesn't understand what she's saying.


DM Intervention 1/1

A K.Nobility, or perhaps a K.Local would work


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

GM:
ok here you go.
Stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (19) + 17 = 36
bluff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


M Human Fighter 2

Oh well, today is as good a day as any.

Phillip makes tracks to any section of town he knows is out of sight of the main thoroughfare so he can get to killing.

Chase time! But Phillip is going to purposely let them follow him.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Works for me. Although Tarnagius would know automatically since he is a Vashnarstill! ;)

Knowledge (Nobility): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Kethaera smiles at both ratfolk after hearing her Skritt lovers.

"Oh it's perfectly alright. I don't mind if I introduce you to them. And I understand. By the way where did you go last night? Just curious."

Might be better and just lose them Phillip. Don't want to draw attention to us.


M Human Fighter 2

In the words of Joseph B.J. Blazkowicz, 'Can't hear you, too busy killing nazis


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

I never said don't have friends, I said don't make those investments lightly. I consider you one, Pylos, but I didn't meet you two days ago.


DM Intervention 1/1

As Phillip makes a run for it, the two brutes only chase him for a few blocks. They yell all sorts of things, such as "Yeah you better run, wimp!" and "Looks like a dog with his tail behind his legs!"

Yet in the end, they simply laugh and watch Phillip run away, then turn around and seek easier prey.

Notoriety (Halved): 1d3 ⇒ 3

----

Meanwhile, Jules practically becomes a ghost as he stalks the patrol routes around the coffeehouse. He notices that the guards from the house of Thrune have a small presence in this area, but they stick to the main roads only. They patrol in groups of 2 at most, occasionally patrolling alone. The Chelish Citizens Group patrol in greater number, but their frequency is completely unscheduled. They patrol in groups of 2-4, sometimes reaching 8 if they want to bully a family or shop for 'protection taxes'. Lastly, Jules notices several patrols from priests and warriors serving the church of Asmodeus. They are very rare occurrences, but Jules gets a feeling from the way they walk that they are especially dangerous.

----

Kritki says "We're scouting territory, listening for information, and scrounging for hidden shinies. Last night, we found some strange mushrooms. Bwikki came with us (a rare event), and he says he can make some special things with them."


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip makes sure to mark those two so he can hunt them down later.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Oh? What kind of information have you gathered? And what kind of things can Bwikki make from these mushrooms?"


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

You can tell by the way they use their walk they're devil's men. No time to talk.

Tarnagius has been quietly exercising by himself when not running back and forth from the Vashnarstill estate.

Indeed, what kind of mushrooms are those?


DM Intervention 1/1

"We don't have anything new yet, but we'll keep working on it. Bwikki says he can make some sort of glue with the mushroom. You'll have to ask him if you wanna know more. It's all... alchemy-ish stuff."


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip eventually comes back to the base.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"A type of...glue? Well that might come in handy I guess. What sort of information did you find?"

Kethaera noticed that Phillip had returned.

"Much have taken a walk or scouted out nearby areas."


DM Intervention 1/1

"Like I said, nothing so far. I'll get back to ya if that changes though."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius goes to talk with Bwikki.

What do you have there? I hear you have some sort of mushrooms?


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

She nods and smiles.

"I see. You and the others are very helpful and we appreciate all you have done for us. And I love you both very much."

The half-elf kisses both Skritts on the lips.

"Now back to work. I need to check to see if there were any scrolls hidden in those documents."

She heads back to where Rexus is probably still looking over the documents.

"Excuse me for a minute Rexus. I'm just checking to see if there are any magical scrolls here. It would be quite embarrassing if either me or Jules accidentally cast a fireball or ice storm spell in here while helping you translate these papers."

Kethaera cast a detect magic spell on the piles of papers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

The fat ratfolk laughs, making his belly jiggle. "I'm not a dealer, don'tcha know. These things would plug your lungs within a few minutes if directly inhaled. Although, I suppose you could combine it with ruby of arsenic to create a powerful delirium. That would require an hour or two of calcination, I believe. Regardless, I am currently studying how it might be used as an emergency, fast-reacting cement. The Cytillesh Inner Spores, or 'Mushroom' as you call it, could very well be the key for creating immediate reactions."


DM Intervention 1/1

As Kethaera casts Detect Magic on the documents, only a single page radiates magic.

Kethaera K.Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Kethaera Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

The page is coated in illusion magic, the spell is called 'Secret Page'


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera is perplexed as to the reasoning for hiding this singular document with illusion magic.

Scratching her head, she examines the page saying, "Well this is odd. This document here has something hidden by magic, specifically a secret page spell. I don't think I have the ability to pierce the spell. Maybe someone at the Alabaster Academy or Songbird Hall might be able to help me. I know the head priest of Shelyn and I once attended the Academy so either of those places could help us. I wonder why the Silver Ravens used such magic to hide this paper's contents."

Had to look up in the core rulebook for secret page as I thought read magic could be used on it. Doesn't work actually. Yeah this is weird actually.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules returned and approached a board near Rexus' desk. He pulled a price of parchment with a rough drawing of the district around the coffee house and pinned it to the board. On it was a rough mapping of Dottari patrols, Asmodean patrols and close approximations of Chelish Citizen group patrols though their numbers vary grealy showing the disorganization of the group.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please study this document to allow for help with moving safely about our territory. If you intend to strike any of these patrols, I suggest that you strike them as far from our safe house as possible to not arouse suspicion. I generally advise against this course of action this early in our operations but I think some may see things differently."

Jules then attends to assisting Rexus again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Apologies. I was using the word used by your, er, companion over there.

Tarnagius points vaguely at the ratfolk behind him.

I believe we used something similar in Egorian as a means of capturing an enemy alive on the rare occasion we needed to. Most people with information the spies couldn't get us had been geased into not being able to talk, you see. I think the formula called for some hemlock to induce coughing while the resin set...

Alchemy to assist?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera smiled at Tarnagius being friendly with the ratfolk. It was good to see him coming out of his shell.

The diva looked over the map.

"Wow. This is excellent Jules. This will prove useful as I plan on going to Songbird Hall or the Alabaster Academy to see about this document here. A spell was used to hide its contents and I'm puzzled to why the Silver Ravens hid it."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules looked at her for a moment, "Ms.Nightbreeze, spreading the likely important information contained within, which is likely why the page was coded and magicked, may be a bit unwise. Perhaps you could consult the masters there while the page remains here? They may be able to suggest a way to break the spell on the page after which a scroll or so,e such could be obtained and used. This keeps secret information to less ears and less possible leaks."


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera thought for a moment before replying, "Hm...that does make sense but I trust the priests of Shelyn. I don't think they will betray us. Besides we were thinking of seeking their aid weren't we? But maybe I should let Rexus here examine the document first before taking it to Songbird Hall. They might have the resources to pierce the spell. And if it is something terrible well they would have the power to deal with it. This could be some sort of foul spell that the Silver Ravens stole from Thrune prior to their defeat. So it makes sense to let the priests of Shelyn, a goddess of good, to destroy the document if it does contain something evil."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

"Ms.Nightbreeze, I have survived my escape this long do to trusting very few individuals. While I respect the church of shelyn, there also stands that there could very well be a spy in their midst as well. Not all initiated need be screened and a talented spy could infiltrate fairly well into organizations as such. I prefer discretion when it comes to these documents especially due to the government's highly reductionist view and with increased scrutiny of the Thrune government on non-asmodean religions is good cause for care with them until we can be sure."

He smiled to her. " I assure you I mean no offense to your faith. But we must be prudent."


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Hm...I guess you have a point. But still what if Rexus can't dispel the secret page spell? We would have to use a true seeing spell to reveal the true contents of this page. So if it all else fails, we will take the document to Songbird Hall."

She smiled at Jules.

"No offense taken. But you have to remember that the priests at Songbird Hall have given sanctuary to those who are hiding from Thrune right now such as followers of Sarenrae. This has caused us to butt heads with that devil worshipping church."

She sighed a bit.

"While I would prefer to take it to the priests you make a good point. So I'll let Rexus take a look at it. But I would prefer not to bother him as he's trying to translate those other documents."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Bwikki paid no attention to Tarnagius' apology, but the ratfolk was particularly surprised. It was the first time someone else was able to keep pace with him. He picked up his extract book, an old, moldy leather tome with worn binding and loose parchment. He dipped a pigeon quill into a vial of ink, straightened his broken spectacles, and began to write. "Hemlock, you say? An interesting choice, perhaps it was used as a paralysing agent that was inhaled by the subject. Such an effect would require a rather large dosage, however. Particularly inefficient unless one had a large amount of resources on hand. Although my interests were for utility, it would seem that there is room to weaponize it."

Rexus takes a look at the parchment Kethaera has detected. "It doesn't look like a cypher to me. The page itself shows a cooking recipe. 'Lady Sarinis' Filling Figgy Pudding'"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius looks up from his potions and flasks.

I, and I can't believe the words are coming out of my mouth, agree with the halfling. It takes very little effort to infiltrate an organization that actively seeks to aid people with dark pasts such as the faiths of such beings as Shelyn or Sarenrae and recent events prove that they are actively doing that. You can't offer redemption to people while simultaneously guarding against spies, those goals are simply too contradictory. I'm not saying anything about the trustworthiness of any priests or even unranked established members of the flock, but can you honestly say that you know that there isn't a single attendee or acolyte of some sort that was placed there to make sure that the church wasn't doing that exact sort of thing for people like us.

He stretches his arms.

Besides, I have a better idea. Let me take it to my family. They have just as much magical knowledge as any priest or commonborn wizard and will be discreet as long as I go about asking for the services in the right way.


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

"If the page is enchanted, wouldn't something to remove the magic disguising the page work just as well?"


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"I guess that makes sense Jules. And I like Tarnagius's suggestion. Your family might be able to figure it. So here you go Tarnagius. "

She hands Tarnagius the document.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

"The idea of a noble family with loose ties to throne having possible information on these as well does not sit well with me. However, you know your family better than I. If you have a reliable and discreet contact then that is at least a devil we know."

Jules looked about the Wasp nest and had an epiphany as his eyes came to rest upon the statue. "Besides, I have an idea for more potential allies of we can find them."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius shrugs.

Well of course you'd be skeptical, but they won't even know we've brought the ravens back. As far as they know, I'll just be investigating the ravens to curry favor with Barzillai. Same as before. They won't try to score glory for themselves if it could potentially hurt the family.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera nodded. While both were skeptical of using the Church of Shelyn to which she wasn't sure as how one could be skeptical of them, they did bring up valid points.

She nodded again as she said to Jules, "I understand you may have doubts concerning the Church of Shelyn but I can assure you that they'll help us as much as they can. And we do need allies. And..."

She paused as she saw how Jules was looking at the statue of Calistria.

"Oh! So you're going to get help from the followers of Calistria and you doubt the followers of Shelyn!?"

She then added, "That might be a good idea although one we should approach with caution. As long as they don't go after the followers of Abadar as we may need the Church of Abadar later on. Not now though. But if it is alright with everyone I would like to talk to the head priest of Songbird Hall. I know him personally so he might be able to aid us."

"Unless it gives them the power to overthrow Thrune and take their place. But I trust you Tarnagius. So hopefully your family can figure out the scroll and see if it is dangerous and destroy it."


DM Intervention 1/1

So where would you like to go first?


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

I guess we could go to Tarnagius's family first and if they can't help us I guess take it to Songbird Hall or Alabaster Academy. Provided curfew hasn't ended yet


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules smirked, "my dear miss Nightbreeze, don't mistake seeing use as trust. The followers of Calistria love vengeance. What better way to get vengeance on a government that outlawed them then to join with a rebellion. Of course that would all depends on terms we set."

He looked at the statue a moment longer before responding, "Mr. Vashnarstill, go ahead and take the document for deciphering. If Ms.Nightbreeze wishes to visit and curry favor from the church of Shelyn I would like to accompany her to see if I can spot any spies. Mr.Thrune, Mr. Gastone, where would you like to go?"


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera thought for a good long while before she replied.

"That's true I guess. I would like to make sure they don't go after the Church of Abadar as we may need the help of the priests of Abadar in the future. But you have to understand that the followers of Shelyn have also been oppressed by Thrune and the Church of Asmodeus so I can assure you that they'll help us. Maybe not officially or in a direct manner as they do what they can to keep the peace in Kintargo. But they will help us. And I don't think they'll have any spies but if they do I think the priests of the Eternal Rose will be thankful."

She thought for a moment and went to retrieve the holy symbol of Shelyn in the crates of clothes and supplies.

Heading back to work from my break so I may not be able to respond


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Tarnagius scoops up the documents and starts to leave, talking to Bwikki as he goes.

I started heating the Acqua vitae and carbanine a minute ago. It should be ready within 5. Make sure not to burn it.

Tarnagius will go to his older brother, a wizard, to have him use dispel magic on it.

751 to 800 of 5,528 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TreasureFox's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.