Hell's Rebels Adventure Path

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 14th of Sarenith, 4715AR
Day 6 of the week
WHO DARES CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF THRUNE!?

Underwater Adventure Maps

Loot List
Homebrew Rules
Silver Raven Coffers
The Story So Far


701 to 750 of 5,232 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"What languages were used?"

She looked at everything that had gained.

"Hm...that would be useful. However, won't the Dottari search the wagon?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

Pylos looked at his new whip with something akin to lust in his eyes. "Oh, don't worry, I'll take good care of her, that I will," he said softly, before winding it up and placing it on his belt opposite his other whip. Shaking his head to get himself back into the game, he looked at the others and said, "So, we've got a bunch of papers and some other goodies. We got anything left to do here?"


M Human Fighter 2

Shouldn't be too hard to carry them back without a wagon. Phillip will help get the coffer.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"I think so. Let me check."

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

"I will help with the cipher once we are back at the base and have enough time. Tarnagius, I think we can work well together in that area. As for anything else, I think we are done here and if with share the load we can make it back just as undetected though we may need some new clothes due to the vomit. Unless anyone has a sort of way to clean us up with magic?" He looked around for an answer before continuing.

"This is most definitely the cache the ravens left here and certainly a price with all of the redaction to the city's history. I will have to see what I can find on this Kyda and we must learn what these magic pendants do. Until then they should remain out of sight so that the Dottari or Thrune's men do not attempt to take them."

The halfling seemed to grin in the closest thing to lust you had seen from him so far at the documents and sliver raven treasures.


DM Intervention 1/1

Quick note, the ravens aren't pendants. They are more akin to stone carvings... but with solid Stirling silver.

Kethaera doesn't see anything else of interest. Seems it is time to head back. Good thing too, as it would be terrible to end up outside during curfew. (Still plenty of time)

Everyone can carry their items without weighing themselves down too much.

Would you prefer to go straight back to the coffeehouse, or shop in Redroof, or something else?


M Human Fighter 2

Perfect time to skin some dottari!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

I'm fine either way. There's nothing I'm really looking for shopping wise, though I'm always up for some good window shopping, and it would probably help with our disguise of a family out for a walk if we want to use this again in the future.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Not sure killing Dottari is a good idea. Not yet anyhow. Maybe once the revolution gains enough strength or something.

I like the idea of shopping as we should be able to buy new clothes. Plus walking around with vomit on us isn't a good thing if we are trying to keep a low profile.

Still if we get caught after curfew we could trick the guards to escorting us to a local inn or the temple of Shelyn.

Kethaera nodded.

"Unfortunately Jules I don't have any magic to clean us up. We will need to go somewhere and get some new clothes. The Devil's Threads would be the best place to go."


M Human Fighter 2

I'll just scout ahead. Ya know, to make sure the way is clear. Heh, heh. Just get me a little ale and I'm the perfect drunken bum staggering home.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Wouldn't it better to stick together? We came here together so if any Dottari see us individually they might get suspicious. I would prefer we didn't get into any conflict with the Dottari. We shouldn't draw a lot of attention to ourselves until we gain some strength."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

Well, surely my family is starting to notice my absence now. I should probably find my way back home or else face the fact that my family will come looking.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

The half-elf was a bit puzzled then she remembered who Tarnagius's family was.

"You don't think your family would turn you into Thrune right? I mean your parents love you and care about you right? I don't know how noble families raise their children but they're probably just like other families. In my short time knowing you Tarnagius, I've never heard you speaking ill of your parents so they must be good hearted people."

Please note that she's not being naive (okay maybe a little) but she assumes that Tarnagius has been pampered by his parents.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

"Ha! Noble Chelish families aren't exactly noble, if you catch my meaning," Pylos informed. "And any that are tend to hide it."


M Human Fighter 2

Don't worry, I can take care of myself.

Phillip is the wind!

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"I know that. But there's always exceptions. I mean this isn't the capital so nobles here are a bit more relaxed on how they act. Or so I've been told."

After Phillip left the diva said, "Oh dear. I do hope he'll be okay. Between the Dottari and Chelish Citizens Group and us still gaining strength we have to be careful."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

It's nothing so sentimental, it's just that any attack on me is an attack on the family as well, as well as a potential asset lost. Remember, my parents are the ones who sent me to Egorian to work for Barzillai in the first place. You've never heard me speak ill of my parents because they haven't been relevant until now. As for turning me into Thrune... well it depends on who finds out and what the current climate in-house is.


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules tossed on the cloak and pinned it up to not drag. "I will have to see about getting this cloak adjusted to my stature but it should serve it's purpose."

He moved to leave. "House politics are a dangerous game. Many times cherish nobles value power over blood ties. Watch yourself Mr.Vashnarstill.

We can stop at the devils thread to get a change of clothing to something simple. remember simple is key."


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

When Jules mentioned that their new clothes should be simple, Kethaera agreed although not very enthusiastically.

"Well shall we get going then? Is everyone ready?"

"And Tarnagius you be careful now," she says to the Chelish nobleman.


DM Intervention 1/1

As everyone leaves the Fair Fortune Livery, Phillip attempts (and fails) to be the wind. The sun looks to have a few hours left before setting, giving the group a reasonable amount of time to shop before heading back to the hide out or their homes.

Within Redroof, the party enters a small shop known as The Devil's Threads. Within the shop, various different styles of clothing from most of the Inner Sea can be found here, along with a backroom full of looms and other textile equipment. At the shop front sits a male tiefling who looks to be nearing middle age. His black hair has a few streaks of grey in it, and his eyes seem tired and weary.

Still, he smiles as you enter and says "Greetings, please come in. Oh... my are you all alright? You have plenty of blood and... something vile coating you."


M Human Fighter 2

Little misshap at the butcher's shop. We'll just need some replacemants.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera was having a hard time not exposing herself. She had frequented the shop many times in the past and had become friends with the tiefling owner.

It wasn't that she wanted to expose herself; she just wanted to say hello to him.

"Something like that. We were hoping to get some new outfits and get out of these...messed up ones."

The diva smiled at the tiefling.

Just to let y'all know she's not flirting with him! So that should make Tarnagius happy. ;)


M Human Fighter 2

We'll get you a hamster later.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

0.o Okay...I would prefer a dog or cat but a hamster will do.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 Excellent

At the sound of Kethaera's voice, the tiefling squints at her for just a split second. Returning her smile, he says "Of course, what a dreadful situation. Let me see what I might be able to conjure for you all. My name is Hetamon Horace, at your service. Please make yourselves comfortable, I will bring some tea before I bring some potential outfits for you."
In just a few minutes, Hetamon returns with a large pot of tea and cups for each of you. Then he gets busy finding the right outfit.

For Tarnagius: Hetamon brings you a set of sturdy black boots, leather breeches, a white tunic accompanied by a black vest, a very sturdy belt with plenty of loops, leather gloves, and a long black cloak with a large hood. Along with the cloak is a simple brass broach.

For Kethaera: Hetamon brings you a light blue dress with white lace, a pair of laced leather boots, a long brown wig, a blue parasol, a wide brimmed hat, and a pendant with a simple turquoise gem.

For Jules: Hetamon brings you a simple set of brown slacks, a pair of sturdy brown shoes, a simple scarf with a small pocket, and a faded navy tunic. Hetamon also quickly adjusts Jules' cloak with incredible expertise. Jules notices that there are several pockets on the inside of his new clothes, as well as on the outside.

For Phillip: Hetamon brings you a similar outfit to Tarnagius, save that the broach has been replaced with three simple buttons on a black jacket, the boots are steel-toe, and the belt has pockets for tools.

For Pylos: Hetamon brings you a fresh white tunic with a fitting brown vest, a sleek brown belt with a few loops, black wool breeches that fit within a pair of sturdy leather boots, a black tricorn hat, and a long brown cape. Dangling from one of the belt loops is a simple wooden holy symbol of Abadar.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera mentally face palmed herself but still she was quite pleased by the tea and the new clothes.

"We greatly appreciate it Hetamon. And you have such amazing skill too both with an eye for fashion and in making tea."

She smiles nodding her thanks adding, "By the way you wouldn't happen to have any hunting attire for a lady would you? Never can have too many outfits. Just a simple set will do. And what you have bought out to us? Excellent in both taste and style!"

Wow. Excellent choices there. And yep she's getting two outfits. By the way, what's our coin amount at right now?


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip examines the garments. Much obliged, good workmanship here.


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Jules watched as the deft teifling adjusted his cloak and selected quite fitting outfits, including a wig for Kethaera. The halfing smirked as he took his tea and watched. "It seems next time my handiwork will need to be a bit more detailed to run beneath perceptive eyes. This is wonderful work Mr.Horace."


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

I was actually going to go straight home. The family knows I've been looking for something to do with the ravens to "get close with Barzillai again", and that there was a scrum at the protest, where I was going to go to investigate. I got caught in the mayhem, there was a fight, I broke my sword, and now I finally got home again.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Okay, then just disregard the Tarnagius portion. Unless someone here is good at meticulously keeping track of loot, I think I'll be making a loot list for this game.

Hetamon seems quite pleased with his work, which of course is amplified by the compliments from his customers. "It is my pleasure, Ma'am. I live simply to bring life and colour to Kintargo. You may have to forgive me, but I do not have much in the way of hunting gear. Although, let me see... yes these clothes should keep you warm while you hunt."
He hands Kethaera a long sleeved, dark green sweater made of wool, a pair of sturdy leather boots, and a set of brown slacks.

After Jules gives his thanks, Hetamon replies "Forgive me sir, I do not know what you mean. But thank you very much for your kind words. If you ever wish to purchase more outfits, I would be happy to sell you an entire collection."

Sense Motive DC 15:

Hetamon is passing you a secret message that effectively says "I can sell you a masterwork disguise kit."

Hetamon wouldn't have any idea that you're silver ravens, but he knows you're up to something.

When someone mentions payment, Hetamon simply waves his hand aside "Do not fret, my friends. Feel free to come pay me later when you have the coin. We live in hard times, you see, and one can never have too many friends. Oh, that reminds me. If you happen to come across a bit more wealth, perhaps while hunting, I make plenty of magical clothing that may be of interest to you. For instance, I currently have a pair of winged boots that allow the wearer to levitate."


M Human Fighter 2

Those would be very helpful, we're kinda low on cash so a special magic item is out of our reach right now. But we'll keep you in mind.


DM Intervention 1/1

For ease of documenting:

Jules has a pickpocketing outfit
Pylos has a courtier outfit (outfitted to be a middle class merchant who worships Abadar)
Phillip has a soldier's uniform (without any insignias)
Kethaera has a courtier outfit, and a cold-weather outfit (well, cold weather for Kintargo anyways)


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Jules didn't quite pick up on Hetamon's intent but replied anyway "Such fine clothes, I'd be honored to own an armoire's worth."


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

"Oh this looks very nice!"

She asked about the prices but upon him telling them to pay him back later, she smiled.

"Indeed that's true. There is no such thing as too many friends. We will make sure to pay you back as soon as we can. And thank you very much!"

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Figuring out what Hetamon was trying to say she quickly whispered it in Jules's ear.

"He's saying he can sell you a masterwork disguise kit."

Kethaera bowed to the tiefling and asked if he had a place to change into their new clothes.


DM Intervention 1/1

After everyone has changed, Hetamon bids you fairwell. At this time, the sun is beginning to set, meaning that curfew will be soon. Nothing gets in your way of getting back to base (or your home), but another 3cp must be paid per person in order to cross the bridge.

Within the basement of the coffeehouse, Rexus is rooting through all the crates in the storage area, while Nisha seems to be brewing something. The Skritt Squad don't seem to be present at this time, however.

-When you decide to sleep-
Welcome to level 2


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera was glad to be in some new clothes and had wished the tiefling tailor good day and many thanks. The diva wasn't happy about having to pay the toll again but nothing anyone could do about that.

Upon seeing that the Skritts were absent Kethaera sighed.

"I see that our friends are gone for the moment. Ah Rexus! We found some interesting documents and magical items that surely belong to the original Silver Ravens!"

Later that night before going to bed...

Journal of Kethaera Nightbreeze:

Well things have indeed taken a curious turn of events. Went to a protest to stay on top of current events as well as to protest the actions of our new Lord-Mayor Barzillai. Not to mention see if my idols Shensen and Strea Vestori were there. I had hoped to see Strea. She has done so much to help tieflings so it's no wonder I admire her. But the protest turned into riot (although I did manage to steer the crowd into the right direction by inspiring to stand up to discrimination and bigotry and the evil of House Thrune). Luckily I met some helpful and equally heroic new friends Jules, Pylos Thrune, and Tarnagius Vashnarstill. We were able to fight off numerous thugs and minions of the Lord Mayor. We also met some delightful ratfolk. Two of them caught my eye and heart: Kritki and Borr. Very lovely people. I have grown fond of them. While some people may find me hedonistic or someone wanting to create a harem I'm neither of those things. I just strongly believe in spreading my love to others. Besides the Eternal Rose Shelyn herself spreads her love to everyone.

After meeting Laria and Rexus we learned some interesting things about the Silver Ravens. Now it seems that it is up to us to restore the Silver Ravens and defeat the forces of Thrune! Well after a fight with some ravenous mutts we were set upon a bunch of strange blue creatures that vomitted on us! Ew! We also defeated two Lemures. I was able to discern that some strange symbols written on the walls opened up a portal to Hell. Very strange and disturbing. But we managed to pull through. We also got some new clothes from my favorite tailor at the Devil's Threads. I had hoped to give Kritki some earrings I found in the Livery. I think they would look good on her. Well that's it for now.


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip wakes up early, seemingly able to get by with scant amounts of sleep. After recovering his axe, he sets to work doing morking exercises with axe and club.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

The halfling smiled as Kethaera shared what he had missed and nodded politely to the tiefling, though he could not afford it now he would surely be back.

Once home, Jules greeted Rexus and saw himself to bed after an exhausting day. He had learned so much more Ravens lore and going over those ciphers would surely lead to great new things. This little rebellion would be going very well soon.

-------------------------

Upon waking, Jules wasted little time getting dressed and setting up a desk from which to go over the ciphers properly and store them neatly. He then sought out Tarnagius to assist in going over them.

Assuming we have the time to go over them enough and may take 20, I have a 27.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

So can we assume my family was just all "ok. glad you're safe." and went back to the politicking and usual business? Or do you want to RP that out?

Tarnagius makes his way home after stopping to pick up another sword and shield from one of the several artisans in the city.

I told my family I was resuming my investigations. Don't think they'll be a problem.


DM Intervention 1/1

I'll have to admit, this is one of the shortfalls of the AP. I honestly have no idea how the Vashnarstill family would react to your investigations. So I'm going to say that they see you as an adult, and you can do as you like without question. So yes, glad you're safe, the halflings have made dinner, let's talk about what Thrune has done today...


DM Intervention 1/1

Continued... I'm fairly certain that we will EVENTUALLY meet your family in the adventure path, but I haven't read that far / own the book yet. So for now I'll leave them in the background, and once I have the information I'll bring them up more.

If Phillip would like to chop wood for Laria, she would be delighted.

Excellent job, Kethaera. I hope you continue these journals, they are wonderful.

Before you slept:

Rexus is glad to see you again, and complements you all on your new clothes. As you tell him the day's events, he listens with great interest. He is particularly interested in the documents and the Silver Raven figurines, and tells you that he is able to read and write in Elven, Celestial, and Strix, meaning that he can work on translating the documents. He is very excited to get started.

Nisha is still quite shy around everyone, but greets you kindly and listens to the day's events. She is busy crafting an alchemical item for you, but she says it will take more time.

Those who drank the tea Hetamon prepared have a very good night's sleep, and heal double the usual rate (2hp/lvl +twice your Con mod in this case).

The next day:

The morning sun rises over Kintargo with birds singing, the sky cloudless, and... there is an obnoxious crow cawing... get out of here. It is reasonably hot today, with the urban weather druids predicting a heat wave arriving within the next two days.

Laria works tirelessly to keep the coffeehouse running smoothly this morning. Still, she is a conversationalist at heart, and can't help but to gossip with her regulars. Rexus on the other hand has stayed downstairs in the hideout, which he mentions he would like to call The Wasp Nest after the shrine of Calistria. Rexus has been pouring over the documents since sunrise.

The Skritt Squad arrived just an hour before dawn this morning, and Nisha is in the process of preparing her extracts for the day.


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

It's clear that these documents are the most important piece we've found. Let's get a clear picture on what the Ravens were trying to send as a message.

Are we taking 20 on these? Tarnagius gets a 26


DM Intervention 1/1

Sorry Tarnagius, you need to be able to read and write in Celestial, Elven, and Strix in order to contribute. Unfortunately, Comprehend Languages won't work either, due to it's limited duration.


M Human Fighter 2

Phillip chops some wood to help earn his keep, can't go annoying their host by free loading.
So will we be taking language lessons now? Seems there are quite a number of languages the Ravens used.


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera knows Elven and Celestial so she might be able to contribute some. So would the Lingustics check be higher for her since she doesn't know Strix?

And thank you!! I plan on doing more!

Kethaera was already up and was busy looking over those magical items she had been unable to identify yesterday at the livery.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Raven figurines

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Scroll

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 Leather armor

Upon seeing the Skritt Squad the half-elf smiled, kissing the foreheads of both Borr and Kritki.

"It's good to see all of you especially you Borr and Kritki. Oh Kritki before I forget these are for you," she says as Kethaera gives the female ratfolk the pair of earrings found at the livery adding, "I think they'll look lovely on you."


DM Intervention 1/1

Spellcraft Checks:

Kethaera is able to identify the armor as +1 studded leather armor, using Read Magic she can tell that the scroll is Misdirection.

The figurines made of silver are literally called Silver Raven Figurines of Wondrous Power. They must be a unique item crafted by one of the members. The figurines can carry messages from one person to another, as a messenger pigeon would. As long as the person sending the message mas met the receiver, the raven will fly at an incredible pace to them. The sender and the receiver must still be on the same world and plane, of course.

Kritki looks excitedly at the earrings Kethaera gives her. "Oh thank you thank you thank you!! These are super shiny. I like them." She gives you a hug and kiss, followed by a group hug by Borr.

Afterwards, Derratata talks to Kethaera about business. "SoWhat'sThePlanBoss? GotsAnythingForUsToDoForYa?"

Now would be a good time to make linguistics checks for the week in order to help Rexus.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Swashbuckler(Mysterious Avenger) 3 | HP [30/30] | AC 15, FF 12, T 13 | Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +5 | Perception +5 | Panache [3/3] | Charmed Life [3/3]

And I have returned! Ladies and gents, you may swoon at my feet now.

Pylos stretched his arms out as he slowly woke up. Yesterday had been exciting, though he hoped that this one would have a bit less vomit and poo demons involved. Shaking his head to rid it of the last of his sleep, he stood up and got dressed, admiring his form in his new clothes. When he walked into the main room, he found that he was the last to arrive. "Good morning, all you beautiful people," he said, giving a wink to the tiefling woman. "How's the paperwork going? Sorry I can't be much help with that, only other language I know is Infernal."


Skills:
Acrobatics: +11; Bluff: +9; Diplomacy:+10; Disable Device: +9; Disguise: +9; Escpe Artist: +9; K: History: +7; K: Local: +6; K: Nobility +7; Linguistics: +8; Perception: +8; Sense Motive +4; Sleight of Hand: +7; Stealth: +18
HP: 27/27 | Init: +3 | Perc: +8 | AC: 16 | Touch: 14 | FF: 13 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +7 | Will: +2 (+2 vs fear)

"Thank you for the offer Mr.Thrune. While I know many languages, it appears that I have a gap in my knowledge of Celestial. I shall have to remedy that. In the mean time I will be assisting Rexus with the documents as I still have extensive knowledge in the linguistic arts." Jules spent his time assisting rexus until the team needed him again.

linguistics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Skills:
Acrobatics7, Bluff9, Paintings6, Diplomacy16, Arcana8, History7, Local7, Local (local art or music scene)9, Nobility6, Planes6, Religion7, Linguistics7, Perc7, Dance9, Percussion12, Sing12, Sense Motive5, Spellcraft8
Half-Elf
Quick Stats:
Init +2, HP 32/32, Low-light vision; Per +7, AC18, T 12, FF 16, Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +6, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects, +1 saving throws against fear effects, Base Atk +3, CMB +4, CMD 16
Female Bard (Songhealer, Chelish Diva) 4

Kethaera smiles as Kritki hugs and kisses which she returns just in time for both of them to get a group hug from Borr.

When Derratata asked her what the business of the day was, the diva answered, "I'm just going over these magical items. Seems like we have a magical suit of studded leather armor which is good. The scroll allows one to cast Misdirection which should come in handy for emergencies."

She holds up one of the silver ravens and says, "Now these here are quite the treasure. These are Silver Raven Figurines of Wondrous Power. They are unique items most likely crafted by one of the founding members. The figurines can carry messages from one person to another, as a messenger pigeon would, or should I say messenger raven? As long as the person sending the message has met the receiver, the raven will fly at an incredible pace to them. The sender and the receiver must still be on the same world and plane, of course. An excellent and extremely useful tool for the new Silver Ravens."

After Jules mentioned that he didn't know Celestial, Kethaera replied, "I know Celestial and of course Elven. But I don't know anything about the Strix language. I doubt it is similar to Auran. But I can do what I can to help you Rexus. Now would anyone want me to cast a detect magic spell in case the Silver Ravens trapped some of these documents? Or maybe there are some magical scrolls among the documents?"

Lingustics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 Oh well. >.<

"Oh by the way Tarnagius how was your visit to your family?"


Male Human Fighter (Tactician) 4
Stuff:
HP 39/49; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 21/13/18; Fort/Ref/Will 7/5/2; CMD 17; Perception 0

I know Elven, but none of the others. They're not going to be intruding and that's all that matters.

701 to 750 of 5,232 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TreasureFox's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.