Hell's Rebels Adventure Path

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 14th of Sarenith, 4715AR
Day 6 of the week
WHO DARES CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF THRUNE!?

Underwater Adventure Maps

Loot List
Homebrew Rules
Silver Raven Coffers
The Story So Far


5,301 to 5,350 of 5,556 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>

DM Intervention 1/1

Mother Kahli can take 3rd dibs. I'd rather give the cool lightning stick to a PC than an NPC.

Mother Kahli says "I don't recall this shipwreck. It must be recent."
That's when Ederion catches a glint of shining light from beneath the wreck. A gold coin.


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Come now guys, you can't tempt Ederion with such toys :D

I would gladly take it since I don't have any decent ranged attack option, but I think this one should go to Rex or Kahli for now - it means you always have an option in combat, if not casting spells. Unless the penalty for it being a spear is too steep, but you are proficient right?

"We definitely need to take a look at it" - the elf cracks a smile when he sees the gold beneath the wreck - "Just to make sure..."

Lets check it.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Aster frowns at the delay, but doesn't comment.


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 33/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

Tasha can use the lightning trident, but it's a one-handed, rather than a light weapon, and would heavily penalise her in combat.

As the spell wear off, and Tasha begins to move as normal as a human with a fish tail can, she nods at Aster's frown. "Should we waste time? We decided to attack to prevent them from re-organising in defense. As much as I know the rebellion needs gold... I doubt it'd be gone if we come back for it later." A nervous expression appears on her face, as she turns to Ederion and Rexandi. Unless they're planning to loot it and be gone from here... but we aren't... right?

Moving to Bazzle's side, she gently puts her gauntlet on his shoulder. "You'll get better. We know it. And you might need to keep them safe.", she nods, before readying herself to delve, be it ship or chasm.

I'm not against checking out the ship OOC, but there's probably a deadline here? Or not? Anyway, vote goes for skipping the ship.


DM Intervention 1/1

Crack of Lightning:

This +1 shocking shortspear is made entirely out of impure copper, beaten and sharpened into shape. It occasionally zaps small insects or parasites as it's carried around, and sometimes flashes symbols in druidic.
Once per round, the wielder can target a creature within 50 feet to zap with the Crack of Lightning. The wielder makes a ranged attack as if throwing the spear, only for the spear to animate into a bolt of lightning and strike the target. It then appears in the hand of the wielder again. Such an attack deals 1d12+1 electricity damage and crits on a 20 x3.
This shortspear has the brace property when used two-handed. If the wielder is struck by an electricity attack while bracing, they reduce the damage taken by 1d6+1, to a minimum of 0.
Small sized creatures can wield the Crack of Lightning as a small sized spear.

I see some disagreement between skipping the ship, or investigating it. Feel free to debate, because I'm a bit under-prepped at the moment. I'm about 1 step ahead no matter what you do, with bits and pieces of prep beyond that.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Aster nods with Tasha "Saving these people should be our only priority."

Vote for skipping! :)


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

"I agree - unless we suspect this is an ambush laid by the enemies, we should leave the gold for later, as much as we could use it!"


DM Intervention 1/1

Though with Ederion's protests, the remaining team decide to press their advantage. Hopefully with their haste, Menotheguro will be unprepared. They look back to the barren, but sunlit underwater world behind them. Somewhere beyond their vision lies Rillia and Bazzle, desperately racing towards the village of Secret Shoals for aid. The remnants of the mermaids wait, hoping that they can be saved from certain death, or worse.
Before them, a gaping chasm of darkness. The current races down into the abyss, making return nearly impossible. Retreat is not an option. The heroes will either emerge, somewhere, victorious, or they will never see the sun again. At least not with free will.

And so they dive into the chasm, and darkness threatens to surround all but their magical light. The current pushes them ever downwards, without any need to swim.

Please make perception and swim checks. Those with the seafoam shawls get a +8 to the swim check. If you possess low-light vision, you make the perception check at -2. If you possess regular vision, the penalty is -5.


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

swim: 1d20 + 3 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 8 = 18
perception with darkvision: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

"Stay brave everybody" Aster says in a quiet voice, more for herself than anyone else.


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Ederion moves after the others, stretching to see what shines golden but eventually giving up.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


DM Intervention 1/1

Rexandi and Ederion both spot a tiny object, dimly illuminated by their light. While Rexandi can't swim fast enough to do anything about it, Ederion quickly paddles with all his might and grabs hold of it. It's a pouch made of glittering cloth, sort of appearing like the stars of a night sky.

The current pushes them ever onward, until they're thrown into an open cave. Still completely submerged, this underwater cave has many strings of kelp growing from the soil below. Each string of kelp is covered in spider webs, which reflect the light. The dragon carcass has ripped through a few of these webs, and is stuck against a massive wall of webbing further ahead. The water passes through this wall, but anything larger than a fist is bound to get caught.
When the group looks above, they see a large pocket of air being held down by nothing but a tight weave of spider webs. In the center lies the spider, reminiscent of the one that dwelled in the Lucky Bones entrance. Its abdominine is covered in webbing, which holds air around it. To its side, a small tunnel can be barely seen.
The current continues to push the group towards the webs.

Rexandi, Ederion, and Mother Kahli's turn. Rexandi has the lightning spear.

Map is on slide 3. All movement is considered difficult terrain, unless you succeed on a DC 20 acrobatics check. Should you fail the check, you're automatically entangled. Right after the spider's turn, everyone will be making swim checks to avoid being pushed 5ft to the right. If they fail, they will be entangled.

Initiative:

Rexandi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Aster: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
Ederion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Tasha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kahli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Spider: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Rexandi immediately gets stuck.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Can Rexi still shoot the lighting spear at the spider even though she got stuck?


DM Intervention 1/1

Yes she can. She's suffering from the entangled condition, which will make things difficult, but not impossible.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Aster should wait to roll until it is her turn?


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Ederion manages to thread lightly in the watery environment, taking a step ahead and assuming a defensive posture - "Let us do this then"

Total Defense = AC is now 28.


DM Intervention 1/1

I'll take care of the swim checks for the forced movement.

Rexandi tries to move, but she immediately gets caught in the webbing. Ederion navigates the webs with incredibly agility, and swims closer to the spider in order to draw its attention. Mother Kahli casts a spell that creates a whip made of tightly rippling bubbles.

The spider climbs around on the webs to circumvent Ederion, ignoring him for someone in a more helpless situation. It comes around and looks Ederion in the eyes, its legs raised and venomous fangs shown. That's when Ederion realizes that this monster isn't just a giant underwater spider... It's a Skum, an Ogre Skum. It's abdomen used to be the Ogre's belly, and its eyes are huge for how small the pupils are. Fortunately, this realization and display don't intimidate him.

The current pushes everyone, who must swim to resist it. Rexandi is already tied to the kelp, and the spider navigates by clinging to its webs. Only Tasha fails to swim against the current, forcing her closer to the spider, and entangling her in webs. Rexandi and Tasha are entangled.

Everyone's turn.

Dice Rolls:

Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Aster Swim: 1d20 + 2 - 5 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 5 + 8 = 18
Tasha Swim: 1d20 + 5 - 1 - 4 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 5 - 1 - 4 + 8 = 14
Rillia Swim: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Kahli Swim: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Rexandi doesn't need one since she's entangled


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Rexandi struggles and does her best to hurl the javelin at the spider-ogre.

Crack of lightning attack, entangled, throwing into melee: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 2 - 4 = 6


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

"That is... both creative and distrubing" the pump rat mermaid probably hypocritically mentions before doing a quick prayer, casts bless, and swims closer to Rexi to hopefully keep the skum ogre spider away from her.


DM Intervention 1/1

Just to confirm, you're treating your movement as difficult terrain, Aster?


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 33/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

"Sure is. Though I'm not sure the Shelynites would agree on this piece of abstract art!", Tasha blurbs back at Aster, as she sets on to fight the beast. The water and her shield seem to fight one another, but the dagger slices into the skum's flank. Aster, I'll get you something back for that, someday..., she smiles a defiant smile at the ogre.

Rolls/OoC:

Attack, shield, TWF, entangled: 1d20 + 13 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 2 - 2 = 11
Attack 2, dagger: 1d20 + 12 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 - 2 - 2 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Attack, shield: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 - 2 = 6
Womp-womp.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

yes sir


DM Intervention 1/1

Aster's blessing does little to aid Rexandi's throw, nor two of Tasha's shield bashes. The dagger does pierce flesh, however it doesn't draw much in the way of blood. Mother Kahli tries to slash it with her conjured whip, but she fumbles and fails to make the whip crack.

Ederion's turn.
Kahli Lash: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9

Several kilometers from the chasm, Bazzle and Rillia begin to approach the mermaid village.


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

"Another Skum..." - the elf ponders, not without a certain sense of wonderment at the creature battling them - "How are they getting these amazing... Forms?" - he seems to drift away in thought for a moment, but then refocuses.

"So you think it a good idea to turn your back on me, do you?"

Swift to study. Move and attack.

Rapier: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 + 2 = 14
Damage if it hits: 1d6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15

Fox, let me know if I need Acrobatics to take no AoO, but from what you posted in discussion it seems not?


DM Intervention 1/1

No AoO. It's only got a reach of 5ft :)

Ederion tries to stab the hulking monster, but his rapier fails to pierce through enough layers of fat to do any real harm. The spider rears backwards, then thrusts itself towards Tasha. She catches the monstrous fangs with her shield, with their points hanging over the top and threatening to get her should her strength fail. They inject green venom into the water, merely a few inches from Tasha's shield arm. Despite being a well-trained warrior, this unnerves Tasha terribly. Tasha is shaken for 3 rounds.

The current pushes everyone farther into the complex, requiring them to swim against it. Aster and Mother Kahli manage to stay where they want, but Ederion gets swept up in the currents and entangled in the webbing. Rexandi and Tasha remain where they are, as they're already tethered.
Ederion is entangled

Everyone's turn.

Dice Rolls:

Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Aster Swim: 1d20 + 2 - 5 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 5 + 8 = 21
Kahli Swim: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Ederion Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Rexandi and Tasha don't need one since they're entangled


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Rexandi continues to feebly try to hurl lightning to help Ederion.

Crack of thunder attack, entangled, into melee: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 2 - 4 = 13


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

"Get away from her!" Aster swims forward and slams her mace (or tries to) into the bloated bag of spider orge trying to poison Tashsa.

attack, mace to face: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Fox, is there any way to get rid of the Entangled condition? Usually Escape Artist or Strength, or...?

"I am still here"

Rapier: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28
Damage if it hits: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

Rapier Crit?: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10
Additional damage if it does: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

Bah!


DM Intervention 1/1

Excellent question, Ederion. Standard methods are Escape Artist or Strength check (both DC17). The Strength check DC is increased by 4 if the target attempting to burst the web is the one who's entangled. Fire damage also works (even in water), with the usual 2d4 damage to the entangled person. I don't see anything for slashing damage, which I'm kind of on the fence about. I remember in LotR, Sam's sword was absolutely useless at hacking through Shelob's web, but Frodo's Sting did so effortlessly.

Rexandi's attack vaporises the water around the giant spider Skum, but she's making sure not to risk hitting her allies. Aster comes in to give the Skum a good thwack with her mace. She unintentionally bursts one of its disgusting tumours, which erupts into blood, pus, and tiny eyeballs. Ederion thrusts at its abdomen with his rapier, this time sinking into the flesh enough to do some damage. Mother Kahli gets impatient, and begins her raging song to put this monster down.

Your choice if you want to accept raging song. +1 to hit, +1 damage, +1 vs fear, -1 AC

Tasha's turn.


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 33/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

The snapping mouth of the horrid monster bashing against Tasha's shield seems to shake her. Are we... are we biting off more than we can chew?, she hesitates for a moment, before Mother Kahli's song brings a fire to her veins. Lashing with the shield and dagger, she cuts deeply into the ogre's flesh.

Rolls/OoC:

AC: is 23 right now, I think.

Attack, Raging Song, Shaken, Entangled, TWF: 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 23 Yay, being angry! Also, reduces AC by 2 if it hits.
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Attack, Dagger: 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 27
Dagger Confirm: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Well. At least you're not alone, Ederion!
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Attack 2, Shield: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 = 10
Damage, in case its AC is 12.: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13


DM Intervention 1/1

Tasha bashes the Skum with her shield, opening it up for a good slash with her dagger. The dagger cuts deep into one of its mandables, which erupts not in blood, but in tiny little fingers attached from the inside. They reach out to grab at Tasha, though at no risk given their tiny reach.

The ogre spider Skum shifts a little away from Ederion, while circling its prey of Tasha. It subtly moves a little closer, then lunges to grab Tasha's shield with its mandables. In so doing, it pushes forward, and jams its fangs into her shield arm. She can already feel the cold venom spread through her body, up her arm and into the heart. Small twitches begin as the muscles start to spasm.
Tasha takes 12 damage, 1 Con damage, and 2 Dex damage.
The spider rotates vertically to get a better look at Ederion. Its beady little eyes examine him from every angle, and a few drops of venom escape its fangs. This unnerves him as he begins to think he's next. Ederion is shaken for the next 3 rounds.

The water continues to push everyone, though only Aster and Mother Kahli remain un-entangled. Both of them manage to stay exactly where they are.

Everyone's turn. Beast is looking pretty badly bruised and battered.

Dice Rolls:

Tasha Spirit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Spider Bite: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Dmg: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Tasha Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Grab: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
Intimidate: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Aster Swim: 1d20 + 2 - 5 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 2 - 5 + 8 = 25
Kahli Swim: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Poison Dmg: 1d4 ⇒ 2


DM Intervention 1/1

Bazzle and Rillia arrive at the village of Secret Shoals. Several Skum bodies, and one mermaid body are floating in the water. Crone Serpentslayer meets with Bazzle and explains that they were attacked not five minutes after Bazzle's group had left. There was only one casualty, but everyone's feeling the pressure. What does Bazzle need?


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Rexandi continues to struggle and do her best with the lightning spear, which isn't much.

Crack of thunder attack, entangled, into melee: 1d20 + 7 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 - 2 - 4 = 5


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Fox, question time if that is ok - so the spider can attack Tasha, and also try to demoralize me on the same round? Usually demoralize is a standard :P

Ederion tries to shake away the jitters running down his spine when the malicious creature stares at him, and presses forward - "You are dreadful, I will give you that"

Studied Combat last round. Using Studied Strike for +1d6

Rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage if it hits: 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 + (1) = 11

Rapier crits?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Additional damage if it does: 1d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10

Wait a second.... I always thought Studied Strike ended Studied Combat, but I guess it doesn't, right? Which means I can use it with every attack while Studied Target lasts. Duh!?


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

"This..." Aster tries to find words to describe the horror she seems from this thing. Eyeballs, little fingers, all of it, but can't.

attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

she decides NOT to try and bite that thing

She swims a tiny by closer to Tasha to block the thing from getting to Rexi.


DM Intervention 1/1

I feel bad for Rexandi.

@Ederion, yes I know it's normally a standard action. This guy gets it as a swift action.

Rexandi's lightning bolt sizzles too far from the spider Skum to do any harm, while Aster's mace harmlessly bounces off its squishy flesh. Ederion shifts forwards and looks the monster right in the eyes. Though shaken, he steels himself to push his rapier deep into the monster's skull. It shrieks and recoils from the attack, and then again as Mother Kahli lashes it from the side. Yet it is not quite dead. It looks like it will try to lunge through the rapier blade for a final death strike at Ederion.

Only Tasha can save us now. It has 1hp.

Dice Rolls:

Kahli Lash: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 1 = 17
Dmg: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 33/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

Barely holding back a shriek of horror as the fingery mandibules reach for her, Tasha cries out in pain as the spider bites her. Poison. It's poisonous!, a chilling thought runs through her mind. Tasha's shield bashes once again into the spider's head, sending it drifting into the murky waters in a pool of dark blood. That aboleth thing... needs to be stopped., she shudders, watching the deathly writhes of the beast. "It's, uh, dead. Is... everyone alright?", she asks, reaching around to feel the poisoned wound.

Turning to Rillia, she tilts her head. "Uhm... curiousity took a seat for the combat, but I have to ask - what are those spirits next to me when you sing?" The woman seems confused. "Are they, like, my ancestors?", she raises a quizzical eyebrow. Since I'm pretty sure nobody on my mother's side had raised a weapon outside of an opera.

Rolls/OoC:

I think Tasha's at 40/52 HP.
Attack, all the trimmings: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Should I do another Fort save? If so:
Fort Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 7/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

"I . . . I hope we are not vulnerable here in the village?" Bazzle struggles to put a brave face on what is an unnerving feeling for him. "I don't suppose there is a way to cure blindness here in the village.?' He shrugs. "I am loosing track of time. I would hate to add drowning to me current situation." He jokes with an edge of helplessness marking his expression.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Aster will swim over to the posioned warrior, tsking at the swolled red arm "I don't have much to help with that, unfortunately I am not the best healer, but..." she'll press her hand against the wound and will some healing into the arm.

clw: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


DM Intervention 1/1

Mother Kahli replies to Tasha "They are the spirits of all mermaids who have died fighting by tooth and blade. I hope one day to join them, maybe even on this day."

Aster heals some of the damage caused by the bite, but the toxins are still coursing through Tasha's blood.
You can make a heal check to help Tasha fight the venom.

Tasha feels okay for the moment, but doubts the worst of the venom is over. 1/2 saves complete. They don't have to be consecutive.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Aster Cobblestone attempts underwater medical care.
heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Unsuccessfully


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—4/6 3rd—1/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Rexandi continues to struggle against the entangling seaweed.


DM Intervention 1/1

"I has't a spell yond shouldst aid thee." The old crone replies. She sings in the language of the ocean, and Bazzle feels water swirling around him. Yet after the spell is complete, Bazzle feels no different.

"I can tryeth once again"
The song begins and the waters swirl, then slowly dissipate with no effect.

"Curses! Thither is but one more option."
She swims away for a moment, then returns and presses something... fleshy, but inflamed, on Bazzle's mouth.
"Bite into this while i weave the spell. Thee shall beest free of this beshrew, but only f'r one day."
The taste of the thing is far from appetizing, but inside spurts out pure water. A different song begins, and though this one takes much, much longer to complete, Bazzle's eyesight returns to him. He now sees that he's bitten into a bladder of some sort, filled to the brim and tied off with pure water.

CL check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
CL check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


DM Intervention 1/1
Aster Cobblestone wrote:

Aster ?Cleo? Cobblestone attempt underwater medical care.

I have no idea what you're talking about ;)


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

"Wait, I think I have a solution for that..." - Ederion rummages around in his backpack, then produces a vial - "Aha!"

Then he rummages some more, and produces a bulbous bottle.

With unusual skill, he opens both vial and bottle, stoppering them with his thumbs, then connecting both at the top with minimal saltwater intrusion, pouring the liquid from the vial to the bottle, its color taking on a significantly darker cast and twinkle with motes of beautiful white light- "There!" - he smiles, closing the bottle again, shaking it once or twice, and handing it to Tasha with a wink - "Now drink this"

Basically what we have now is a supped up Antitoxin (got it from our loot list) - it will give Tasha +5+2=+7 alchemical bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison for 1 hour. In addition, she will heal 1d8+5 points of damage ;)

Fox, if this is not feasible under water, Ederion will try to use the air bubble attached to the bell spider. Last resort, he will use a potion of Air Bubble.


DM Intervention 1/1

Yes that's fine. I don't want to remove alchemical abilities from working underwater. Thanks for putting thought into how to go about it. You can see that I'm grasping at straws as well :)

Also, you don't have a potion of air bubble, you have bottles of air. Very different magical items. I was quite surprised about how much they're worth.

Tasha drinks the enhanced Antitoxin, and soon she feels much better. The damage that was done has not lessened, but she's almost certain that the venom has been nullified. It has actually been nullified, and Tasha gains 13hp.

Tasha Hp: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Tasha Fort: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 9 - 1 + 7 = 28

The current continues to push the group towards the large web containing the dragon's corpse. A large ring and collar both reflect Rexandi's light. The large web keeps objects larger than a fist from passing through, but behind it is a very large tunnel. Above where the pocket of air is, are two much smaller tunnels. They are so small that medium creatures need to go single file, though they don't have to squeeze. Smaller sized humanoids can fit two side by side. At this moment, Ederion's swimming spell loses its effectiveness.


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 33/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

"Uh. Thanks, Ed! And Aster!", Tasha answers as she feels the effect of the poison not worsening. The potion makes short work of her wounds, and soon she's swimming same as normal, if a little stiffer. "I mean, it doesn't have to be today?", she raises a reassuring fist towards Mother Kahli, before furrowing her brow. But what if she does want it to be today? And they need to be die in battle, like the Ulfen from that play? "Uh. Whenever it is, may it be glorious.", she adds with more confusion than conviction. Change the subject. Tasha, write yourself some phrase cards to avoid sticking your foot in your mouth.

"I always say we take the right if we're in a situation like that. Makes you right in at least one way.", Tasha jokes.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Aster gives a low surprised chuckle at the joke "Right is just as good as any other choice." she welcomes the levity in the hell they are now "It bled eyeballs, did you see that! Gods that was gross."


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:
DM Hell's Fox wrote:
Also, you don't have a potion of air bubble, you have bottles of air. Very different magical items. I was quite surprised about how much they're worth.

Actually Ederion has a potion of Air Bubble in his possession ;)

Are the ring and collar in easy reach?

5,301 to 5,350 of 5,556 << first < prev | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TreasureFox's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.