Hell's Rebels Adventure Path

Game Master TreasureFox

Fireday, the 14th of Sarenith, 4715AR
Day 6 of the week
WHO DARES CHALLENGE THE MIGHT OF THRUNE!?

Underwater Adventure Maps

Loot List
Homebrew Rules
Silver Raven Coffers
The Story So Far


5,351 to 5,400 of 5,484 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Yes it can be done, though getting caught in the webbing is very likely.

"It does not have to be today, but one day. It has nothing to do with glory, only to prove my faith." Mother Kahli replies to Tasha. Her eyes glow red as she gazes at the giant ring and collar. "They both are magical. The collar weakens the wearer to enchantment spells from Menotheguro, but strengthens their will against enchantment from others. The ring I do not understand."


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

"Hmmm, let me have a look" - Ederion pipes in with a glow in his eyes.

Spellcraft Ring: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 12 + (4) = 26


DM Intervention 1/1

The ring in question is made out of cold iron, and has veins of silver flowing through it like tiny rivers. Engraved on the ring in gold are runes of a sophisticated Draconic, which translate roughly to "May kindness melt the hearts of tyrants"
Ederion identifies it as a bonded object that wizards occasionally use instead of bonding with a familiar. An arcane spellcaster could potentially bond with the ring to aid them in spellcasting. Usually, the bonded object dies along with the spellcaster, but for some reason that is not the case here. It has gained a very limited intelligence, and seeks a new bond. Ederion knows that an arcane spellcaster who already possesses either a bonded object or a familiar would be unable to bond with the ring.

The collar can be remade to suit a new master, but someone with the capacity to craft magical wondrous items would need to designate the individual.


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

"Wow..." - Ederion smiles - "Lots of possibilities here" - he adds, passing the item on for the others to take a look.

I am not an Arcane spellcaster :P

But Rexandi, or Mother Kahli, or Rillia?


DM Intervention 1/1

Rillia could use it. Mother Kahli could wear it, but would be a bad fit. Intelligent items have morality. Rexandi could make good use of it, but I think she's still stuck in that web ;)


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—5/6 3rd—2/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Rexandi refreshes her water breathing hex and tries to catch up with the team.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

sorry we left you in the web Rexi, we suck as friends :(


DM Intervention 1/1

Ederion pockets the items while Mother Kahli tries to tear off as many webs as possible for Rexandi. Then everyone swims upwards into the right-most small tunnel. This tunnel is very dimly illuminated with bio-luminescent algae, deliberately grown on the ceiling. The tunnel itself is small enough that bigger humanoids like Ederion or Tasha will need to swim single file.

Dim light conditions, still completely flooded. Can you guys tell me positions? Also if anyone wants to be using a light source.

Bazzle and Rillia have reached the chasm entrance. No sign of the Ravens can be seen, nor any enemies.


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—5/6 3rd—2/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Rexandi gives her effusive thanks to Mother Kahli for freeing her.

As the team moves into the tunnels she keeps behind the warriors, single file.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Aster keeps her eyes peeled, darkvision and all.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

If Ed said he is passing the ring to the others to take a look, wouldn't Rexi see that she could use it?


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

She should :D

I would say if single line Tasha first, Aster second, then Rex, Mother Kahli, and Ederion closing the march?


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Works for me, tanks in front!


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

That's when we get attacked from the back. But, yeah, Tasha in the front makes a lot of sense!


DM Intervention 1/1

This narrow corridor, as it could be called, is completely circular and carved with smooth precision. It continues in a straight line as far as the eye can see, even with darkvision. However, there is a side tunnel which is carved out likely by hand. At this time, a monstrous eye, twice the size of a human fist swims forward using a tail of nerves, like it was forcefully ripped out of a living person.

Dungeoneering DC14:

This creature is known as an eye sentinel. Typically used by demon cultists of either arcane or abyssal nature, these eyes are used primarily for scouting. They are particularly fragile, but have limited fighting potential if cornered. This eye sentinel has been modified to cast a single spell of the evocation school.

Everyone except Aster can react immediately.

Initiative:

Rexandi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Aster: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
Ederion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Tasha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Kahli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Eye: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (3) = 17

"An eye sentinel..." - Ederion whispers - "They are aberrant scouts - not much of a threat but needs to be taken out fast, or it will alert its master to our presence"

We have no Archer :P Any ideas?


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

Barely managing to quiet the 'eep' from her mouth as the eye floats out, Tasha nods at Ederion. "I can try to cut it off. As I go, try and cut it off on the other path.", Tasha whispers, glancing at the eyeball that's staring right at her. "Let's go." With furious swipes of her armored tail, Tasha barrels towards the eye, shield first, as she crashes into the eye. "Silver Raven, coming through!", she hisses through the water.

Rolls/OoC:

Trying to get on the other side of the eye, so it has to beat my Overrun CMD to escape, and the others can cut it off if it tries escaping to the other side.

Using 5 of my Combat Stamina to use my Barroom Brawler as a swift Action for Improved Overrun, then charging to overrun the eye.

Overrun, Charge, Bless: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 18 If it's not acted yet, maybe it gets it FF CMD? At any rate, none of the prone effects would work, unfortunately.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Tasha swims directly at the eye with her powerful armored tail. Though her shield wobbles from displacing the water, she still manages to push right past it. Furthermore, the drag behind Tasha sweeps the small aberration off-balance.

See homebrew rules for Off-Balance


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Tasha turns around to whisper to Ed, but Aster is right there behind her and thinks she is talking to her. So she charges with her mace. She considers for a moment making some kind of warcry like Furry Raven coming through but decides not to... ever.

attack, charge, bless: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Missed the "Everyone except Aster can react immediately." part of that, sorry. :)


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—5/6 3rd—2/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Rexandi moves ahead slowly and cautiously, trying to get close enough to throw her misfortune hex on the strange eye-thing.


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Since I have no swimming aid, I am not sure how far I can move, but I am almost positive not enough to engage ;)

Swim: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Ederion swims closer to the fight.


DM Intervention 1/1

Ederion and Rexandi begin slowly swimming forwards, while Tasha makes a valiant charge to keep the eye from escaping. Mother Kahli sings a very strange, eerie song, but the eye seems unaffected.

A strange rumbling can be heard from the southern 'corridor', but nothing happens immediately. The eye reorients itself and hurriedly fires off a bolt of lightning from its pupil. The effect is pretty minor. Aster and Mother Kahli take 9 electricity damage. Ederion and Rexandi take 4 electricity damage.

Everyone's turn. No AoO for the Spell-like ability. Ederion knows it's unlikely to be able to do that again, if it even survives.

Dice Rolls:

Eye will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Rexandi Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Aster Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Rexandi Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Ederion Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Kahli Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Dmg: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 1, 3) = 9
Recharge: 1d6 ⇒ 3


DM Intervention 1/1

Bazzle and Rillia enter a cavern filled with kelp and spider webs. There is a large tunnel blocked by tightly knit webs, along with the body of a malformed, two-headed dragon, and that of a massive spider. Up above are two smaller tunnels, one to the left and one to the right.


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 37/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

"That felt . . . icky. Where are we."


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Can I use Aster's preemptive turn or should she reroll?


DM Intervention 1/1

Yeah you can use the preemptive one.

Bazzle and Rillia can't understand one another, so Rillia doesn't answer. She swims up to the two topmost tunnels, and lets Bazzle pick which to go through. Left or Right

Rexandi actually takes 0 damage. I forgot that she has resistance.


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 37/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

Bazzle cries, but lets himself be lead on.


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

Ederion swims closer, and readies an attack in case something comes from the south corridor - "I think we will have company very soon"


DM Intervention 1/1

Tasha and Aster work together to bash the eye sentinel until it is nothing but jelly. Ederion is correct, but not quite what he was expecting. Coming from the western side arrive Rillia and Bazzle. Rillia seems quite tired, but Bazzle seems to be in good shape.
Nothing seems to come out to attack, at least at the moment.

Dice Rolls:

Tasha Shield: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 2 + 2 = 29
Dmg: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 /2=5
Tasha dagger: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 2 = 30
Dmg: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Tasha Shield: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 - 2 + 2 = 29
Dmg: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 /2=4
I really don't know if any of that was correct.
Aster EE low is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 78


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—5/6 3rd—2/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Rexandi shrugs off the eye's attack and moves to rejoin the group.

"Glad you made it!" she says as Rillia and Bazzle arrive. "We're making progress, at least."


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

"Bazzle, how are your eyes?" Aster swims over, hopeful and worried.


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 37/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

I thought you all were still in the trench? Still fighting?

"Ah ears work good to hear you."


DM Intervention 1/1

No we've moved into the chasm, which is Menotheguro's lair. Just in case you missed it, your eyes were temporarily healed. You've got 24 hours of sight.


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 37/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

Cool I did miss that.

"Still here and seeing better for now." He looks about, "What's the plan."


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

"We've never been good at those." Aster says from her brief few days as a team. "Move in... attack?"


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—5/6 3rd—2/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

"What do we know about the next wave of enemies?" asks Rexandi. "More skum, or something else?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
DM Intervention 1/1

Everyone watches hesitantly while they talk about their next move. Should they charge? Should they scout? Yet nothing seems to happen. The water here has very little circulation, so all is still. Mother Kahli looks to be getting impatient, while Rillia is just taking some time to catch her... nevermind. She's nervous, that's for sure.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

"I doubt the thing in there is in the dark about us coming. Let's go." Aster shifts into her rat form and leads the way.


DM Intervention 1/1

Are you headed south or east? Slide 4 will show you the way.


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

South, good sir, seems nice. Onward!


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—5/6 3rd—2/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Fine with me!


Info:
HP 47/47; Initiative +4; AC/Touch/FF 22/16/18; Fort/Ref/Will 3/11/6; CMD 21; Perception +16; Effects:

"Good to have you back my friend" - Ederion smiles at Bazzle, then bows at Rillia - "You seem tired. Are you ok?"


DM Intervention 1/1

Rillia sings in a weary voice
"Thank you for your concern
I'm just not used to it
I made haste on my return
I'm not all that fit"

Aster swims south down the short tunnel. At a sharp left, she sees the tunnel open up slightly into a cramped room. Two dwarf Skum guard the entrance. They're weighted down to the floor by their heavy stone armour, and they wield a very strange weapon. Each dwarf is holding a staff in one hand that has jellyfish tentacles on the end. These tentacles are facing towards Aster, baring her from an easy charge. The tentacles are long enough that they could potentially be pushed back onto their wielders.
There is also a mermaid skum crackling with electricity, and she can just barely make out the head of a human, but the body of a snake around the corner.

Everyone except Mother Kahli gets to go first.

Initiative:

Bazzle: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Rexandi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Aster: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Ederion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Tasha: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Rillia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Kahli: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Enemies: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Female Tiefling Witch (Ley Line Guardian) 6 | HP 40/40 | AC 13 T 13 FF 10 | Fort +5 Ref +6 Will +7 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 | Witch Spells: 1st—7/7 2nd—5/6 3rd—2/4 | Conduit Surge 3/4

Rexandi swims ahead to get closer to the upcoming fray.


Male
Vital Stats:
Gnome Unchained Rogue 6 HP 37/48 | AC 19, FF 15, T 15 | F +2 R +8 W +1 | Init. +3 | CMB 0 | CMD 13 | Speed 20ft
Perception +9

"I am . . . I'm good."


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

Aster looks at all the creatures waiting for her and feels in no uncertain turns it looks like a deathtrap. "No" she says squarely to the nearest dwavren scum before swimming back to her friends "There is only room for one of us to fight them, and room for most of them to fight back against that one. While I did say we don't do plans well, I do think we either need to hope they follow me so we can try to defeat them on our terms, OR we need to come up with a plan."


DM Intervention 1/1

Mother Kahli says "If you destroy the eye on their leader, then the Skum will turn feral and retreat. Otherwise they remain locked to Menotheguro's will."


human/wererat (Tian-Dan) lunar oracle 5 AC:21/13/18 HP:34/39 F:+2 R: +4 W: +7 Init: -1 Perception: +11 spells: level 2 4/5, level 1 0/7, gift of claw and horn 6/6, disguise DC 19

"I did not see an eye in there. So we should explore in the other direction if they do not follow?" the furry oracle asks the others.


Female Human Fighter 6 | HP 58/58 | AC 26, T 12 FF 24 | Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4 (+8 vs Fear) | CMD 23 | Init +2 | Perception +1

Are we actively in initiative? As in, have they spotted us?

"I mean, it's a bit of a damned choice, isn't it.", Tasha answers. "If we fight them on their terms, we'll probably be injured, even if we win." She sighs. "If we don't, I'm sure we'll find them on the way back, or they'll even flank us.", she concludes, twirling the blade in her hands.


DM Intervention 1/1

Actively in initiative. Aster has a standard left, Rexandi has a little movement left, but is otherwise done. Everyone else including Rillia have their turns remaining.

5,351 to 5,400 of 5,484 << first < prev | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / TreasureFox's Hell's Rebels Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.