Gestalt Wrath of the Righteous Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Divinitus

*TO BE ADDED*


551 to 600 of 1,051 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's a high powered group (except for the idiot f$%#ing Archaelogist bard who at level 20 still can't do anything better than teleport or use gaseous form), but that crap is ridiculous. We also don't have any full BAB characters anymore, so hitting high AC things is hard (and our AC is irrelevant - at level 20 any AC under 60 is just a random number usually)


END RANT


@Dave: Wow...just...wow! 8 terrasques? It would have just been easier to say, "You know what? I'm just not feeling it right now. Let's just say that you beat the campaign and move on, shall we?"


Oh, wait, no, you're boned, you're boned hard. You should be at apl of 22 or so when including mythic, with your 12th level equipment loadout though that's gotta be a good bit lower. Taking into account the MR of the Tarrasque, he's throwing a g!!!!&n CR 31 ENCOUNTER AT YOU! DROP HIM, DROP HIM NOW!


Alright, I'm going to just officially apply with Shinari, my Inquisitor of Iomedae.

I'll assume Godling isn't allowed so if I'm chosen I'll swap that out for either Warpriest, Paladin, or Sorcerer(Celestial).


hold up 8 of them?! i thought only one can exists at a time. thats when you know when the gm is done with the game wow


No no, not Tarrasques. He took the Overlord Class Robot (CR 20/ MR 8) from the end of Iron Gods (there is only one in the whole game) and threw 8 of them at us at once. In the game, you should have it somewhat depowered by the time you encounter it. And really, if you've played through all of Iron Gods, you should have ways to help deal with robots as well.

We have actually managed to (barely) defeat two of them in a previous encounter. We've already fled three encounters, which is very difficult given some of the characters personalities.

Oh yeah, they have two spaceships with artillery and lasers.


Riuk wrote:
ok i have only ever fought a tarrasque in 3.0/.5 and i have not looked at the one from pathfinder but the only way to kill one is to bring it to 0hp and then you need a wish for it to stay dead am i wrong on that?

A GM could rule that Wish would keep it dead, but the Pathfinder Tarrasque explicitly has no known way of keeping it dead.

Quote:
No form of attack can suppress the tarrasque's regeneration—it regenerates even if disintegrated or slain by a death effect. If the tarrasque fails a save against an effect that would kill it instantly, it rises from death 3 rounds later with 1 hit point if no further damage is inflicted upon its remains. It can be banished or otherwise transported as a means to save a region, but the method to truly kill it has yet to be discovered.


"Okay, guys, we're warping to the Plane of Air and finding some Djinni. We're going to sell ourselves into servitude - stop looking at me like that - to get a few Wishes we can use to disable and destroy these powerful robots and stop them from being a threat in the future."


Dave Herman wrote:

No no, not Tarrasques. He took the Overlord Class Robot (CR 20/ MR 8) from the end of Iron Gods (there is only one in the whole game) and threw 8 of them at us at once. In the game, you should have it somewhat depowered by the time you encounter it. And really, if you've played through all of Iron Gods, you should have ways to help deal with robots as well.

We have actually managed to (barely) defeat two of them in a previous encounter. We've already fled three encounters, which is very difficult given some of the characters personalities.

Oh yeah, they have two spaceships with artillery and lasers.

Ah, I see. My apologies, but that still sounds pretty harsh. It's clear that he was done with the campaign and wanted to send you guys out in a blaze of explodium, Michael Bay style.


The cleric does have planetary travel prepared... Not sure about plane shift.


Plane Shift's offensive uses make it a pretty good spell to have anyway. And if they're a Cleric in a mythic game, hopefully they have Inspired Spell...?


I think I've seen a guide somewhere for HUNTING the Terrasque at around Level 17. It's min-maxy as hell, though.

As for increasing an encounter's difficulty, I've heard of three good ways to do it without destroying the campaign, none of which requires too much work as a GM:

1) +2 to everything - AC, saves, to-hit, damage, etc. (though for HP, you probably should say you've added +2 HP per HD or something so it scales as you get into higher levels). It's a relatively subtle shift that probably won't put the encounter outside the range of the PC's abilities, but will make the enemies stronger. If +2 is still not challenging the PC's enough, go even higher, but be careful not to overshoot.

2) More of the same - Either prepare a second wave of more enemies like the first (and save the boss for the second wave) or just add more enemies in general. This one's tricky, though, because action economy heavily favors the side with the most numbers. Make sure the PC's are actually capable of escaping if they need to.

3) New and Improved - a lot of monsters have similar, but harder versions lurking in the bestiary or later in the AP. If the PC's are having an easy time with a lesser version of a monster, go looking for its big brother and swap them out. This one can be tricky, because it's possible to overshoot, but if done right, you can maintain the spirit of an encounter while making it more fun for the PC's.

Any other suggestions for how to do this? I eventually plan to run RoW as a gestalt, and I feel like I'll need the help, especially since I don't really have a firm grasp on the CR system and I hear it's broken. Since I know RoW is brutal enough at early levels, I shouldn't have to change anything, but I suspect that by the end of the first book, things could be different.


Ok, Valam is ready for review at this time. I will however say this, it's hard to write a background for a hatchling, they are very young, even a wyrmling (which is level 7 for silver) is <5 years old, and a hatchling is probably like a few months old or so. Thus I cannot have this epic backstory because Valam just isn't old enough yet.

I also didn't spend much of Valam's starting gold, between natural weapons, a breath attack, flight and spells, there wasn't much to purchase and besides dragons like to horde, so I probably should just replace some of the money with gems, after all I have to effectively eat gold every so often anyway to advance in size. Being tiny there's no point in purchasing a saddle, since only a familiar would be able to ride Valam at this point in time.


Korina, Daughter of Yog-Sothoth wrote:
Plane Shift's offensive uses make it a pretty good spell to have anyway. And if they're a Cleric in a mythic game, hopefully they have Inspired Spell...?

Sadly, the GM assigned our mythic paths, and he is a Marshall. Does make sense, being a cleric of Gorum that has (well, had) an army.


*Winces*

I probably would've grabbed Dual Path, then, just for access to Inspired Spell. It's that useful.

Sovereign Court

Excerpts from The History and Future of Humanity:

"And it was said that in those days, Aroden the Living God walked the streets and trails of Golarion; And at his side walked many companions, but the first and most beloved of these was Anarya..."
It was a name from a forgotten age - one of the companions of Aroden, the living god, from the days when he walked the lands of Golarion as a mere mortal. The Sisters at the Chapel of the Inheritor gave it to the fair-haired infant when she was found on the temple steps one morning. She was an unusual child, even for a ward of the church. She was a quiet child, except for when it became time to sing, which she did beautifully. She loved music, joining the church choir and adding her young voice to the chorus and hymns. When danger threatened the nearby villages, as happens all too frequently in demon-tainted Mendev, she assisted in healing the wounds of the sisters who marched forth to protect the innocent in Iomedae's name. She could heal injuries with but a touch even as a child, her gifts coming unbidden by prayer or words of power.

"At this, Aroden cried out, 'Let the noise of the world cease, this day! I have heard enough.' And at his cry, all was silent."
In her early adolescence, she left the church for some time to tend the sick when a virulent fever passed through the nearest settlement. Her work saved many lives, but she eventually fell victim to the plague she battled against and slipped into a near coma for days. She gradually recovered, but the plague had taken her hearing - even the prayers of the sisters who had raised her could do nothing to recover it. She returned to the church, gradually adjusting to her deafness and learning to read the sisters' lips to communicate.

"In the time of winter, the Living God walked in the guise of the Shepherd, and all of humanity was his flock; And he tended to them with the love and care of a parent."
Anarya grew into a caring healer and fierce opponent of cruelty, and now visits Kenabres to assist in the efforts of the Fifth Crusade as a healer. A flickering halo surrounds her head, growing in brightness and intensity when she channels her magic. Her power seems to stem from its light - her healing touch manifests as a pale glow, and her channeled energy is a moment of blinding radiance that scorches the flesh of the dead and the corrupt. When she speaks, her words have power enough to command the weak of will, and soften even the hardest of hearts to her cause. As a child, she learned that she becomes wracked with pain when her word is broken, and she believes that her goddess has bound her to this ailment to teach her the importance of truth and fairness.

"The Last Azlanti spoke to all in attendance. 'Go forth, and spread the lessons I have taught across this world. Carry humanity's strength to every corner, and start strong families wherever you settle.'"
To those who look, the young girl shows hints of Azlanti heritage, the violet eyes and receding hairline so popular among the nobility of Cheliax and Taldor, hinting at a likely noble birth in one of the two nations. Anarya puts no stock in these rumors, knowing how unlikely it would be for a noble scion to be left on the steps of a Mendevian temple. She seldom wonders about her parentage, considering herself lucky to have had the guidance of the sisterhood at the temple which became her home. Though they had often pressured her to join the clergy, she never officially became a priestess, using her innate magic to serve Iomedae in her own way.

"And it is known that the pure of heart and strong of soul are never truly abandoned or lost."
Anarya has always felt blessed, as though someone watches over her and protects her. She cannot know, yet, the truth of her destiny and the truth of her heritage - the goddess Iomedae, former worshipper of the fallen god Aroden, watches over the girl with great care, fulfilling one last duty to her former patron. For Anarya, abandoned and parentless, is not a child of mortals, or even of any of the gods who remain to watch over the world. Through Anarya's veins flows the blood of the Last Azlanti - Aroden himself.

"Aroden held the child in his hands, and spoke to her mother; And his words were taken down and recorded by those in attendance. 'Stronger even than fate is a parent's love. Your daughter is loved, and by that power, not mine, evil cannot touch her.'"
Even before his death, Aroden foresaw that the time was not right for his child to enter the world, and that a powerful destiny lay ahead for her at a time of great crisis. He put the newborn child into an enchanted sleep, during which she would not age, but dream of things to come. When Aroden's disappearance shook the world to its core and the horror of the Worldwound tore itself open in the depths of Sarkoris, Iomedae knew that the time would soon come for Aroden's only heir to enter the world. Leaving the child on the steps of one of her churches, she watched over the growing young woman throughout her youth, watching her mature into a caring healer and friend to all innocents.

"The last words spoken, by the last Azlanti, before his ascension to the realms Beyond, echoed in the stillness of the chamber. 'It is not a bright path humanity walks now, but a dark one. There will be pain, and sickness, and war. Hardships unimagined will arise. But it is humanity which will ride triumphant over them. The human spirit is the hope of the world, and that spirit will keep it until the day of my return."
Dark days lie ahead for Anarya. She will be forced to do battle with the worst that the Abyss has to offer, and is destined to make terrible sacrifices to do what must be done to save the world. In time, the truth of her legacy too will be exposed, and the revelation that the Last Azlanti produced an heir will shake the ravaged world to its core.

"By the act of selflessness, one opens every door. It is by giving of oneself, and sharing one's heart with the community, that all are uplifted."
Aroden's knights, the Order of the Ioun Star, scattered and divided in the years since their patron's death, rally once more around the rumor of one who could re-fulfill the prophecies Aroden broke. Minions of the Abyss whisper of what her presence could do to the incursion of the Worldwound, and crusaders of Mendev and the free kingdoms of the world rally with hope at the salvation she represents.

"We still await his return."
The Worldwound is open. The demons are here. Only one band of heroes is going to stand in their way - and heroes? Well... heroes need a healer.

Anarya is ready for the demons.


Not sure if it's too late for this, saw this just now. Don't have full stats yet, since that will have to wait until I get home. Also, this would be my first PbP, so that's cool.

Kaval Treehopper, the grippli Monk (Unchained)/Sorcerer (Empyreal) wanders the streets of Kenabres...

Also, I didn't notice this brought up anywhere, will this campaign use the Stamina system from Unchained?


Anarya  wrote:

Excerpts from The History and Future of Humanity:

"And it was said that in those days, Aroden the Living God walked the streets and trails of Golarion; And at his side walked many companions, but the first and most beloved of these was Anarya..."
It was a name from a forgotten age - one of the companions of Aroden, the living god, from the days when he walked the lands of Golarion as a mere mortal. The Sisters at the Chapel of the Inheritor gave it to the fair-haired infant when she was found on the temple steps one morning. She was an unusual child, even for a ward of the church. She was a quiet child, except for when it became time to sing, which she did beautifully. She loved music, joining the church choir and adding her young voice to the chorus and hymns. When danger threatened the nearby villages, as happens all too frequently in demon-tainted Mendev, she assisted in healing the wounds of the sisters who marched forth to protect the innocent in Iomedae's name. She could heal injuries with but a touch even as a child, her gifts coming unbidden by prayer or words of power.

"At this, Aroden cried out, 'Let the noise of the world cease, this day! I have heard enough.' And at his cry, all was silent."
In her early adolescence, she left the church for some time to tend the sick when a virulent fever passed through the nearest settlement. Her work saved many lives, but she eventually fell victim to the plague she battled against and slipped into a near coma for days. She gradually recovered, but the plague had taken her hearing - even the prayers of the sisters who had raised her could do nothing to recover it. She returned to the church, gradually adjusting to her deafness and learning to read the sisters' lips to communicate.

"In the time of winter, the Living God walked in the guise of the Shepherd, and all of humanity was his flock; And he tended to them with the love and care of a parent."
Anarya grew into a caring healer and fierce opponent of cruelty, and now visits Kenabres to assist in the efforts of the Fifth Crusade as a healer. A flickering halo surrounds her head, growing in brightness and intensity when she channels her magic. Her power seems to stem from its light - her healing touch manifests as a pale glow, and her channeled energy is a moment of blinding radiance that scorches the flesh of the dead and the corrupt. When she speaks, her words have power enough to command the weak of will, and soften even the hardest of hearts to her cause. As a child, she learned that she becomes wracked with pain when her word is broken, and she believes that her goddess has bound her to this ailment to teach her the importance of truth and fairness.

"The Last Azlanti spoke to all in attendance. 'Go forth, and spread the lessons I have taught across this world. Carry humanity's strength to every corner, and start strong families wherever you settle.'"
To those who look, the young girl shows hints of Azlanti heritage, the violet eyes and receding hairline so popular among the nobility of Cheliax and Taldor, hinting at a likely noble birth in one of the two nations. Anarya puts no stock in these rumors, knowing how unlikely it would be for a noble scion to be left on the steps of a Mendevian temple. She seldom wonders about her parentage, considering herself lucky to have had the guidance of the sisterhood at the temple which became her home. Though they had often pressured her to join the clergy, she never officially became a priestess, using her innate magic to serve Iomedae in her own way.

"And it is known that the pure of heart and strong of soul are never truly abandoned or lost."
Anarya has always felt blessed, as though someone watches over her and protects her. She cannot know, yet, the truth of her destiny and the truth of her heritage - the goddess Iomedae, former worshipper of the fallen god Aroden, watches over the girl with great care, fulfilling one last duty to her former patron. For Anarya, abandoned and parentless, is not a child of mortals, or even of any of the gods who remain to watch over the world. Through Anarya's veins flows the blood of the Last Azlanti - Aroden himself.

"Aroden held the child in his hands, and spoke to her mother; And his words were taken down and recorded by those in attendance. 'Stronger even than fate is a parent's love. Your daughter is loved, and by that power, not mine, evil cannot touch her.'
Even before his death, Aroden foresaw that the time was not right for his child to enter the world, and that a powerful destiny lay ahead for her at a time of great crisis. He put the newborn child into an enchanted sleep, during which she would not age, but dream of things to come. When Aroden's disappearance shook the world to its core and the horror of the Worldwound tore itself open in the depths of Sarkoris, Iomedae knew that the time would soon come for Aroden's only heir to enter the world. Leaving the child on the steps of one of her churches, she watched over the growing young woman throughout her youth, watching her mature into a caring healer and friend to all innocents.

"The last words spoken, by the last Azlanti, before his ascension to the realms Beyond, echoed in the stillness of the chamber. 'It is not a bright path humanity walks now, but a dark one. There will be pain, and sickness, and war. Hardships unimagined will arise. But it is humanity which will ride triumphant over them. The human spirit is the hope of the world, and that spirit will keep it until the day of my return."
Dark days lie ahead for Anarya. She will be forced to do battle with the worst that the Abyss has to offer, and is destined to make terrible sacrifices to do what must be done to save the world. In time, the truth of her legacy too will be exposed, and the revelation that the Last Azlanti produced an heir will shake the ravaged world to its core.

"By the act of selflessness, one opens every door. It is by giving of oneself, and sharing one's heart with the community, that all are uplifted."
Aroden's knights, the Order of the Ioun Star, scattered and divided in the years since their patron's death, rally once more around the rumor of one who could re-fulfill the prophecies Aroden broke. Minions of the Abyss whisper of what her presence could do to the incursion of the Worldwound, and crusaders of Mendev and the free kingdoms of the world rally with hope at the salvation she represents.

"We still await his return."
The Worldwound is open. The demons are here. Only one band of heroes is going to stand in their way - and heroes? Well... heroes need a healer.

Anarya is ready for the demons.

I have returned and await your service.

:D Mith was born with a nascent seed of Aroden's power within him. So much RP potential


I switched Arkus' alignment to true Neutral, as it fits him more and I feel a lot better about it. I got confused and thought barbarians had to be chaotic, but actually they only have to be non-lawful.


How exactly is Mith's mom supposed to be Azlanti? That's like saying a modern day human's mom is Babylonian.

The Azlanti are from 10,000 years ago.


Dave Herman wrote:


It's weird, he was nothing like this for most of the campaign. I think it hit during our attempt at WotR, where he decided to TPK us and start something new (he swears that wasn't what happened, but his misuse of coup de gras and flat out ignoring the intent of spending your only hero points to 'cheat death' tells me otherwise.)

It went down like this.
DM: He coup de gras you, for 80 points damage.
Player" *groan* Well, I haven't used my hero points, so... two to cheat death.
DM: Okay. He coup de gras you again.

As a GM, I will never use coup de grace. I may make my players think that I'm going to do so, but I won't do it.

But I do have some optimized players. On thing I often do is have reserves. Nearby creatures hear the battle and join in halfway through. Sometimes that person will be a channeler with selective channeling.

Also, one of the downsides of PC's getting a reputation is that some enemies will start to adapt to their tactics. If a PC always uses fire spells, they'll get potions of fire resistance. If they have a nasty archer, they'll get monks or gloves of arrow deflection. This doesn't happen always, but it's especially common with recurring enemies.


Garlok the Guilty wrote:

How exactly is Mith's mom supposed to be Azlanti? That's like saying a modern day human's mom is Babylonian.

The Azlanti are from 10,000 years ago.

True Azlanti are basically extinct although the ISWG says there may be some out there. They receive +2 on each of the 6 stats.

from ISWG

Most living today who claim to be Azlanti are, in fact, Chelaxians or
Taldans who, while they may be able to trace lineage back many generations to full-blooded Azlanti ancestors, are no longer pureblood members of this ancient race.

(snip)

Modern humans claiming Azlanti descent often cloak themselves in the trappings of the fallen empire, hoping to attain some measure of its lost greatness. Because those remnants of Old Azlanti art discovered to date often depict regal robes of crimson or deep green, modern would-be Azlanti tend to garb themselves in finery of those hues.

Basically, she was a "modern" human with strong, noticeable Azlanti lineage (purple eyes) and she was raised to revere that ancestral heritage, calling herself Azlanti. IOW, she was an oracle of the ancestor mystery.

So, not really a true Azlanti but she carried their genetics and with it (unbeknownst to her) a seed of Aroden's power. Mith is a possessed archetype oracle of the ancestor mystery on one side of his gestalt with the possession being a seed of Aroden's power.

Mith doesn't know thIS but has an innate affinity for the copy of The History and Future of Humanity that he inherited from his mother. He has studied it and that is why he has ranks in knowledge engineering and healing from one of its excerpts...

The build I have planned will have him taking divine source to get the community and law domains which were both held by Aroden. I'm not sure which domains I would go with from there.


Drbuzzard, a fair point, but also one of the reasons that I viewed gestalt as being feasible. The encounters were already, for the most part, too weaksauce after book 3 to actually pose a challenge, hence they had to be rewritten anyway to make the AP challenging. Seeing as how the lower levels could swing either way, with the challenges wither being too easy or too difficult, I figured those would need slight modification anyway. I already have applied the same type of troubleshooting to book one that I did with kingmaker. There are options for encounters to be -1 or -2 on what I call the difficulty scale, as well as +2 and +4 on the difficulty scale. Once I see where the PCs are at each level, it will be easy to scale challenges appropriately. That is one of the reasons that I have not been replying to non-question-based posts that much, because I was completing that. That said, there should be no issues with the AP's difficulty. I'm not one of the GMs that is too lazy to adjust encounters, because I played back in the olden days of AD&D where you often had to change things on the fly to keep PCs from getting TPK'd or you had to form a reasonable challenge for a party full of Clerics and Ninjas who rampaged across the lands in a tide of blood and buff spells. As it stands, unless there is blatant power-gaming, gestalt does not add much more power, only options. Action economy limits PCs from becoming too ungodly powerful anyway.

Anderlorn, recruitment will close around midnight EST, which is to say, in about five and a half hours.

Korak, those are allowed then, though you will need to use your class skill points to purchase them, or the extra skill point per level that you have. Sound fair?

Lord Manticore, I own most of the individual Mythic PDFs from Legendary Games, as well as their Mythic Bestiary! Hence, I sort of sneer when I hear the words, 'this AP will be too easy'. That's not even counting if I choose to use the Amalgam Creature template to essentially gestalt monsters, which I have already done in a few instances. Can you imagine the look on someone's face if I decided to gestalt a Mythic Balor with a Mythic Great Wyrm Red Dragon, using the Balor's form and type but gaining ALL the SAs and SQs of the dragon. Not going to be that cruel, but still, it's an option.

Philo Pharynx, if you wish to play as a Dreamscarred Press Duergar, it is approved.

Shinari Dawnbringer, Godling is allowed! In fact, this is one of the few APs where using one would make a lot of sense.

Adrian Timeswift, if you need help with running Reign of Winter as a gestalt, let me know. I already have redone each encounter to be more suitable for gestalt.

Kaval Treehopper, no stamina system.

FINISH UP THOSE CHARACTERS!


Specifically, the ISWG gives options for Pureblood Azlanti, but says it's only available if the GM okay's it.

(Which is basically true anyway, but more so than usual here. XD It's DEFINITELY a major powerup, though, being a +1 to basically everything.)

@GM: Just need to spend my money real quick. ...Or not. Saving it is also an option. XD I'll post the redone version soon.


Finished up wren's statblock. I really wanted to make one of the fey templates or archetypes work, but they are all mechanically wretched for gestalting with a cleric in one way or another, so I ended up doing the druid(nature's fang). Really happy with how her backstory turned out.


Philo Pharynx wrote:
Dave Herman wrote:


It's weird, he was nothing like this for most of the campaign. I think it hit during our attempt at WotR, where he decided to TPK us and start something new (he swears that wasn't what happened, but his misuse of coup de gras and flat out ignoring the intent of spending your only hero points to 'cheat death' tells me otherwise.)

It went down like this.
DM: He coup de gras you, for 80 points damage.
Player" *groan* Well, I haven't used my hero points, so... two to cheat death.
DM: Okay. He coup de gras you again.

As a GM, I will never use coup de grace. I may make my players think that I'm going to do so, but I won't do it.

But I do have some optimized players. On thing I often do is have reserves. Nearby creatures hear the battle and join in halfway through. Sometimes that person will be a channeler with selective channeling.

Also, one of the downsides of PC's getting a reputation is that some enemies will start to adapt to their tactics. If a PC always uses fire spells, they'll get potions of fire resistance. If they have a nasty archer, they'll get monks or gloves of arrow deflection. This doesn't happen always, but it's especially common with recurring enemies.

I will quite happily use it honestly. While I don't exist for the TPK, if it makes sense it happens. That said, I think it's stupid to turn your back in battle. The whole party has to be down before I Coup de Grace. And even then, it depends on the motivations of what they're fighting. Bandits? Probably don't care and may or may not leave them naked on the side of the road iffen they didn't kill a bunch of their friends.

Animals? yeah you're food.

Bounty hunters? Wake up in manacles, etc etc etc


@GM Glory, I'd love to see those encounters! I'm a total newb at GMing Pathfinder, and, in classic newb fashion, I've decided to increase the difficulty of my own job for the first run. This is mitigated a little by the fact that I'll have played the AP before I run it, and thus have a good feel for the encounters.


All right, here's the updated Crunch for Korina! Also, I'm reflavoring Legalistic to better reflect her heritage. ^^ Her fluff is as you've already seen.

Spoiler:
Korina
Female human oracle (dual-cursed oracle) 1/summoner (master summoner) 1/gestalt 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 42, 54, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 58, 80)
CN Medium humanoid (human)
Init +8; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +1
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 8 (1d8)
Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +2
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Summoner Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +6)
. . 10/day—summoning mastery
Oracle (Dual-Cursed Oracle) Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +6)
. . 1st (5/day)—cure light wounds, protection from evil, sanctuary (DC 16)
. . 0 (at will)—create water, detect magic, ghost sound (DC 15), mage hand, mending, spark[APG] (DC 15), stabilize
. . Mystery Dark tapestry
Summoner (Master Summoner) Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +6)
. . 1st (3/day)—shield, summon monster I
. . 0 (at will)—acid splash, message, open/close (DC 15), read magic
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 20
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Extend Spell, Extra Revelation, Improved Initiative
Traits reactionary, touched by divinity
Skills Diplomacy +9, Fly +4, Knowledge (arcana) +7, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +7, Knowledge (religion) +7, Perception +1, Sense Motive +4, Spellcraft +7, Use Magic Device +9
Languages Abyssal, Aklo, Celestial, Common
SQ lesser eidolon, life link, oracle's curses (haunted, legalistic), revelations (misfortune, pierce the veil), vow to self
Other Gear chain shirt, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, mess kit, silver holy symbol of Yog-Sothoth, trail rations (5), waterskin, 693 gp, 9 sp, 1 cp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Extend Spell Spell duration lasts twice as normal. +1 Level.
Haunted Retrieving stored gear is a Standard action or worse, dropped items land 10' away.
Legalistic The denizens of the Dark Tapestry pay attention to your word and expect you to follow through on it. Whenever you break your word (either purposefully or unintentionally), you become sickened for 24 hours or until you meet your obligation.
Lesser Eidolon A master summoner's class level is halved (minimum 1) for the purposes of determining his eidolon's abilities, Hit Dice, evolution pool, and so on. The eidolon otherwise functions as normal. This ability replaces the summoner's normal eidolon.
Life Link (Su) Damage that dismisses Eidolon can be taken by you. It weakens if not in 100 ft.
Misfortune (Ex) At 1st level, as an immediate action, you can force a creature within 30 feet to reroll any one d20 roll that it has just made before the results of the roll are revealed. The creature must take the result of the reroll, even if it's worse than the original.
Pierce the Veil (Su) Your bond with the alien denizens of the Dark Tapestry allows you to see in even the deepest darkness. You gain darkvision 60 feet. At 11th level, you can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even in absolute darkness or the darkness created by a Deeper Darkness spell.
Summoning Mastery I (10/day) (Sp) You can summon monsters as a spell like ability, maintaining 1 even when Eidolon is summoned.
Vow to Self (1/day) +4 morale bonus to one roll a day to keep a promise.


Actually, due to some external circumstances I will not be submitting a character after all. I love my concept but simply won't be able to make a character that does it justice before the end of the day. I wish I had seen this thread sooner :)

I wish you all the best with what no doubt will be a very nice game and I'll actually be taking a look at the GM's non-standard AP concepts.


Korina now I'm imagining your curse as breathing out butterflies any time you break your word, and I can't stop laughing.

I am assuming the entities in question have a marginal view of The Black Butterfly and so consider butterflies ultimately repugnant.


Adrian Timeswift, just PM me which encounters you need 3 at a time as they come up. I'm much too lazy to type up the monstrous composition book full of statblocks for the modifications. I would rather dole them out piecemeal, especially with feedback on which level seems to work best for your party. Just let me know via the personal message system here on Paizo!

Cuan, understood!


@GM Glory: Will you be allowing mythic feats from the Mythic Options: The Missing Core Feats 3rd party book? All of it is available on d20pfsrd (and frustratingly, already mixed in with the Paizo material). I'd be interested in the Mythic Vital Strike chain.


Arkus, of course I will!


Non, non, Wren! That would imply that the powers of the Dark Tapestry care enough to notice such entities, and then go from there to form an opinion on them. I plan to really play up the uncaring aspect of the eldritch gods - they quite literally do not care what happens to Korina. XD She just gets power because granting that is an innate trait of deities (and they either haven't noticed it's happening or simply don't care enough to stop doing it), and she gets summons because the creatures she calls see her as a relative worth helping and/or an object of worship. In turn, she thinks they're cute. XD


Sorry to hear that Cuan, hope you find a good game soon.

GM Glory of the Crusades wrote:
Korak, those are allowed then, though you will need to use your class skill points to purchase them, or the extra skill point per level that you have. Sound fair?

That more or less defeats the point of the system. But understood.


The new and improved frog has arrived, now with extra details!


What would you say are the limits of the Travelers Any tool would be? I know it could replace some of my equipment, but how much depends on what you think. I would dearly love to pare my weight down by getting rid of my collapsible plank if I can use it like this. That will let me hold more stuff!


Korina, Daughter of Yog-Sothoth wrote:
Non, non, Wren! That would imply that the powers of the Dark Tapestry care enough to notice such entities, and then go from there to form an opinion on them. I plan to really play up the uncaring aspect of the eldritch gods - they quite literally do not care what happens to Korina. XD She just gets power because granting that is an innate trait of deities (and they either haven't noticed it's happening or simply don't care enough to stop doing it), and she gets summons because the creatures she calls see her as a relative worth helping and/or an object of worship. In turn, she thinks they're cute. XD

Well right, the entities don't care about you breaking your word, they just set up the butterfly thing infinite aeons ago as a party favor and have been chortling to themselves ever since desna diefied one of them by accident. That it happens to you is more a function of the infinite recursion of the mad teaparty than anything you've done.


@GM Glory: That is a terrible, cruel, merciless idea....May I worship you forever as the one true diety? o_O


Korak The Boisterous wrote:
What would you say are the limits of the Travelers Any tool would be? I know it could replace some of my equipment, but how much depends on what you think. I would dearly love to pare my weight down by getting rid of my collapsible plank if I can use it like this. That will let me hold more stuff!

Never mind. I'll worry about final gear adjustments if I get picked.


Just know that generally speaking GMs are considered LE, and their domains are likely to be Trickery, Law, Evil, and possibly Dragon.


Okay, added some additional information to Malzii's profile and now I think that she's pretty much done. Good luck to everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing the results once recruitment closes, whether Malzii makes the cut or not :)


The results will be a lot of people crying because they were looking forward to playing with certain people and their wonderful characters.


Tearsong Falcon'stalon is completed. I will be reviewing her to make sure things are completed, or refine what needs to be refined.

~Anderlorn


Good luck everyone.


I wish everyone good luck...except for that beard singer....there's a particular plane of Hell designed for people who mess with facial hair...

/s j/k I wish him luck too.


Grimli Chastip wrote:

I wish everyone good luck...except for that beard singer....there's a particular plane of Hell designed for people who mess with facial hair...

/s j/k I wish him luck too.

Lol. Yeah, I wanna wish Beard Singer good luck too. Shimmer's on the list.


Indeed good luck everyone, I haven't had the chance to really look everyone over but what few I have seen...well the GM is gonna have a hard time picking out the 4-6 players for this campaign ^^

Silver Crusade

Peeks out from behind barrel

Good luck everyone too!

Ducks behind different barrel

551 to 600 of 1,051 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / Gestalt Wrath of the Righteous Recruitment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.