Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Lucendar's Survival PbP - Welcome to the Slaughter!

Game Master Lucendar


1 to 50 of 885 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Baron Darkstrom lifts his arms and says, "It is time." He pulls from his pocket a mirror that magically grows to 10' in height. He admires himself for a second in the mirror before invoking some arcane magic and now reflected in it is a scene of a crowd of about 1000 people gathered at an Arena, chanting, "We want blood, we want blood!" The Baron spins the mirror so you call can see it and you see among the crowd, the wardens who have tormented you for the past five years.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you shall have your blood...in due time! Now, let me introduce you to the men and women who be spilling said blood for you:" As he does the introductions, he walks by each of your cells, the mirror following him, so the crowd gets a good look at you.
"Salu Minghi, charming warrior and killer"
"Menas Kriger, human berserker"
"Emilian, blood gladiator"
"Othrik, half-orc wild warrior and consumer of the dead"
"Kwin, halfling knife wielding assassin"
"Bug, goblin archer and shadowmaster"
"Kazmuk, dwarven stormlord"
"Morgthar the Ravenous, half-elven assassin and spirit drinker"
"Varos, human priest of the Chain Lord"
"Kor Tiger-Spirit, half-Orc bone-crushing monk of Four Winds"
"Catelyn, tiefling assassin"
"Filsgerit, dwarven berserker"
"Justified, human warrior and master of the glaive"
"Cirnos Duval, unholy human tyrant and the embodiment of evil"
"Gaza, tiefling priestess of knowledge and magic"
"Quain, Oread ranger, messenger of death"
"Hollander, Cannibalistic human forest dweller"

The crowd cheers at the roll call, immediately shouting out names for their wagers.

The Baron continues: "What is clear to all is that whatever these men and women are, they are killers, plain and simple. Now, usually society condemns them to death or banishment from society in our prisons, but these are desperate times that require desperate measures. Five of these prisoners will survive the trials that await them to embark on a mission many have attempted and none have succeeded. Let us wish them luck!" More crowd cheers as the mirror goes blank.

"Now to the rules. As stated before, once your cells open, this territory is fair ground for all the battle and blood-letting you desire. To the west, where the dirt floor becomes stone tiles, are the Tournament grounds and fighting is prohibited. Any violation will result in your immediate death. There are five trials, the last being physical combat with a single opponent, who will be chosen in reference to the number of prisoners still alive at that time. The other four trials will test your various skill sets. You can work together or you can work alone. As I stated before, you are all killers, so be careful in whom you put your trust. The fourth trial you must solve alone. Know this about the trials and this is very important. Each one has been created specifically to have two possible solutions, perhaps more, depending on your creativity. Remember this as you grapple with your decision how to tackle each problem, as your life literally depends on it. Patience may be a virtue in these trials but know also, that the first who completes each trial will receive a reward, be it a better weapon, healing, etc., that may better prepare you for future trials or the Arena. So high risk, high reward! Your choice to risk it or not. Once the fifth trial is completed, there shall be no combat between prisoners until you are brought up to the crowd to fight in the Arena, where you will fight until there are 5 survivors. As a wizard of considerable power, I will have arcane eyes monitoring your progress, in case you decide to violate any rules. Ah, last thing. Once you step on tournament grounds, you will have 15 minutes to complete the trials. Should be plenty of time. Know that if you dawdle and fail to complete the trials within the time allotted you will also die. Any questions before I leave?"

There may be 2 late entries who PMed asking me for a little more time.


AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 (+2 vs fear); Max HP: 22, Current HP: 22

Emilian shakes his head, and prepares himself for the opening of his cell. He glances at Filsgerit, preparing to lend his shield to her aid as well as his own should the need arise.


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

How far to the west are the stone tiles?


"The entrance to the Tournament Grounds is about 100' away."

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 17/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)

Justified holds his glaive in practiced hands looking into the cells to his left and right. Who does he see in the cells adjacent to his? He cranes his neck trying to see the stone tiles to the west. how far away are they?


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

"If this is the path you have laid, let us begin."


Waiting to hear on last PM to determine geographic position of prisoners.


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

Lucendar:
While the Baron answers the questions, Quain carefully examins the ground between his cell and the Tournament ground
Perception +6 to check for traps take 20 if possible.


Wizard 3 | HP: 11/17 | AC 16 | 12 | 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Sense Motive +0

Kwin translates exactly for Bug, except somehow "Kwin, halfling knife weilding assassin" comes across as "Kwin, halfling noble wrongly convicted" and Filsgerit comes across as "dwarven goblin-slayer."

Huh. Mistakes in translation. How could that have happened.


Ok, you are all arranged in circular order, in order of presentation to the crowd, as the Baron was walking around introducing you:
Salu Minghi
Menas
Emilian
Othrik
Kwin
Bug
Kazmuk
Morgthar the Ravenous
Varos
Kor Tiger-Spirit
Catelyn
Filsgerit
Justified
Cirnos
Gaza
Quain
Hollander
Haterivet
So for example, to the right of Salu is Haterivet and to his left is Emilian; to the right of Morghthar is Kazumuk, to the left Varos, and so on. Not too complex.


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

Having listened to the talks of the different inmates, Oread keeps his eyes focues forwars and talks in a clear but still trembling voice. "Menas and Emilian, in you I sense men of honor. If you wish, I will also pledge not to fight you and to work with you to pass the first trials.


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

Wahoo!!!! Cirnos has already made it out! Cya suckers!

Or we have broken the record for fastest death in a Lucendar PbP

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 17/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)
Lucendar wrote:

Ok, you are all arranged in circular order, in order of presentation to the crowd, as the Baron was walking around introducing you:

Salu Minghi
Emilian
Othrik,
Kwin
Bug
Kazmuk
Morgthar the Ravenous
Varos
Kor Tiger-Spirit
Catelyn
Filsgerit
Justified
Gaza
Quain
Hollander
Haterivet
So for example, to the right of Salu is Haterivet and to his left is Emilian; to the right of Morghthar is Kazumuk, to the left Varos, and so on. Not too complex.

what has happened to Menas?


Odd, I copied and pasted. I'll correct it. Thanks. Done!


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

Stepping forward out of his cell Menas holds his shield at the ready, tentatively he holds out a hand to Justified while keeping his eyes on the other convicts, "Quain, as far as i am concerned until we have to fight we're all in this together. Anyone NOT on board?"

its a sign of things to come, i'm slippery even when copy and pasting!


"Well, if no one has any questions, good luck all. We'll be watching." Darkstrom casts more magic, ripping a tear in the dimension again and before stepping through, yells, "Release the killers!" Then he is gone...Poof, just like that! Seconds pass, then you hear the click, and your cell doors open!

If anyone wants to initiate combat now, you have to let me know, so I can prepare a map and roll your initiative scores.


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

GM:

Cirnos intends to sprint (run) towards the tournament grounds.

And can he cast his detect good without an unholy symbol? (As its a spell like ability.)


Wizard 3 | HP: 11/17 | AC 16 | 12 | 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Sense Motive +0

In Goblin:
Bug, we should run for the tiles and avoid cutting down the big ones until we have to!

Kwin isn't going to initiate combat now, but he's ready for it!


F Tiefling 2CLR/ 1MNK

Gaza picks up the dart and hides it in her so called clothing. She watches intently as everything happens, noting who has what as well as demeanor and such.

"Justified, since you dont sound quite as bloodthirsty as some of these folks, how about you and I leave each other alone for the moment."
She turns to look at Kwin and Bug,

goblin:
"We should make for the door quickly and let these fools thin each other out before we bother fighting them"

Then takes a defensive posture when the doors open.

edit; wow ninjad by four posts, lol


That really is a popular question today! Okay, one more time: the entrance to the tournament grounds (aka the stone tiles) is 100' away. :)

As the doors open and the prisoners come out, one of them, the one introduced as Cirnos, starts sprinting toward the west.


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

it appears i jumped the gun stepping out of my cell but you get the picture, i don't intend to start combat but i am ready for it.

Standing there with his hand out Menas knows how exposed he looks, he tries to appear as relaxed and confident as possible, i hope someone tries, he thinks to himself, best to thin the herd of the weak before anything gets to serious. Whats that fool doing, i hope the floor is trapped.

With a quiet chuckle to himself, "Well? Anyone fancy their chances alone?"


Okay, one word about the start to this PbP to make things clear. With so many applicants, I can't wait to go in order, unless it's combat, of course. In all other aspects, this PbP runs at each player's pace. You post your action and I describe the results. So no one get offended, that 20-30 posts happen before you post your first one. Ok, we clear on that? Good.


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

As no one seems to be willing to fight now, Quain follows Cirnos to the ground. However, he is not running but checking for traps on the ground.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

as long as we get to react to the important bits thats fair enough, i wouldn't like to get shived without a chance to react though. i also don't mind cirnos taking a bash at the first trial alone as long as we can hear his screams and learn from any mistakes he may make. as far as i can tell going last gives you the most advantage.

i'll be right behind you quain once i've shook hands with justified.


Quain:
You feel really confident there are no traps around and Cirnos has not set off any either.


Correct, Menas, any combat will require going in order, initiative scores, a map, etc.


Male Half-Orc Per: +2 Init: +2; HP 7/9; AC 15/15/12; F: +4 R: +5 W: +5

Maintaining his total defense, Kor begins to calmly walk towards the tunnel.


Cirnos Duval wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Cirnos:
Like the clerics, I assume you have your holy/unholy symbol around your neck or on your person.

Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4
DM_Slaughter wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Satisfied, Quain follows Cirnos to the ground.


Wizard 3 | HP: 11/17 | AC 16 | 12 | 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Sense Motive +0

Taking total defense and moving toward the tournament grounds. Kwin takes a half minute to get there assuming he is uninterrupted. He'll follow as closely as possible in the footsteps of our distinguished sprinter.


Human Monk 2 Male HP 20/20 AC: 17/17/14 F: +5 R: +5 W: +7 Per: +9 Init:+2

Glancing both left and right, Haterivet was blinking as quickly as he can in order to adjust his eyes to the what he considered the equivalent of searing light. After too much time spent in the cell, he was very unaccustomed to so much light. But one thing could not go unnoticed to his senses.

"Varos, human priest of the Chain Lord" - still rang in his ears.

His task was clear. Without too much hesitation, Haterivet left his cell and started walking cautiously towards the priest.


Female Tiefling Rogue (Sniper)

As the gates open Catelyn Springs forth from her huddled posture, grabbing her spear as she leaps forward. Jumping and turning she grabs hold of the top of the cell and pulls herself up. She reaches the top and goes to one knee, taking a defensive posture while holding the spear in hand.

She glances around the arena, warily, but stops and stares as the large human introduced as the "unholy human tyrant and the embodiment of evil" makes a mad dash for the tournament ground's interior. She shakes her head. "Foolish idiot. It is clear we've all just seen our first victim."


Salu heads to the tournament grounds.. nonchalantly scanning for extreme hostiles, taking stock of alliances and lone wolfs with the ability to creep. He grips his sheathed scimitar... one hand the hilt, one the scabbard - ready to draw.
Salu drifts to the left side of the group, and maneuvers as best he can to keep everyone at least ten feet from him...


Per: +4 Init:+8 HP -4/11 AC: 14/14/10 F: +3 R: +6 W: +0

Training grounds, safety, and a straight line. I like those odds. After collecting a few rocks, I'll make a run for it.


Unless someone wants to engage the sprinter in combat...

Cirnos reaches the gray stone tiles of the Tournament grounds safely in less than 15 seconds. As he stops to catch his breath, he sees the tunnel forward, comprised exclusively of stone tiles, leads west and then turns north. He sees the rest of the prisoners more or less making their way toward him but at a much less reckless pace, all wary of each other. Though he sees another warrior pick up some stray rocks and also sprint his way.


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

After catching his breath, he readjusts the lance to rest on his shoulder, and extends his hand to the fellow sprinter. "Cirnos Duval, it takes guts to put your neck out there."

GM:

If it looks like some of the others are in range.. will try casting Detect Good (60ft cone)


Female Tiefling Rogue (Sniper)

Still wary, but noticing nobody has yet tried to kill her, she clambers off the roof of the cell and begins making her way towards the entrance. Her eyes follow each of her fellow prisoners uneasily and she never relaxes her grip on the spear.

As they continue their march, Catelyn tries to keep herself separated by at least 10 feet, ranging away from the other outlier on the left flank.

Before heading inside the area she checks for traps. Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Edit: Oh, wow.


Init: +2

Kazmuk warily watches the other prisoners as he leaves the cage, but the thought of being out in the open air tugs at him, overriding his caution. He sprints forward as fast as his short legs can run.

Taldor

After he arrives, Hollander says to Cirnos: "It's not guts. I'd rather be in charge of my own destiny. Name's Hollander, and while I'm a crack shot at a distance, I wouldn't mind teaming up with someone better suited for the "hands-on" situations."

whispered to Cirnos:
"It occurs to me, that with a 5 foot step, we could be in a spot to eliminate 1 or 2 as they come up, and step right back to safety."


AC 21, touch 13, flat-footed 18; Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1 (+2 vs fear); Max HP: 22, Current HP: 22

Emilian nods at the oread and uses his shield to protect himself and the ranger's flank as they make their way to the tournament grounds, sticking by his side.


Male Oread Ranger 2 HP 9/23 AC: 16 F: +4 R: +5 W: +2 Per: +7 Init:+4

Just before leaving the sandy ground to the stone tiles, Orain picks up a few pebbles.


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

Cirnos shouts: "Stormlord, get over here!" Waving the dwarf forward as he stands on the tiles!

Hollander:

"Thinning the herd? Victory to the swift!"

Once.. (if) the dwarf makes it.

Hollander, Kazmuk:

"Got an offer for you dwarf, you a stormlord right? Least, that's what they called you. That some sort of druid? Survival of the fittest and all that? What say we step outside, and while you make it a real pain to get over here, we can help 'nature' pick out the winners, and the losers?" Nodding towards first Hollander (as a winner!) and the others who still haven't made it to the stones. (the losers)

Andoran

M Human Lore Warden (Fighter 3): HP 17/26 AC: 16/12/17 F: +4 R: +3 W: +1, Per: +3 Init:+2)
Menas Kriger wrote:

Stepping forward out of his cell Menas holds his shield at the ready, tentatively he holds out a hand to Justified while keeping his eyes on the other convicts, "Quain, as far as i am concerned until we have to fight we're all in this together. Anyone NOT on board?"

Smiling a friendly smile at both Gaza and Filsgerit Justified steps out of his cell walking confidently towards Menas, but keeping 10 feet distance from others where possible. It might be that he is cautions and it might be that he does not want to seem threatening to others. Ladies, you have nothing to fear from me. In fact I would offer you my protection if you would have it. There are those here that I cannot advise you to trust. But know that my word is true.

When he reaches Menas he shifts a hand off his glaive and takes the outstretched offered hand, grasping it firmly. Friends? He then moves with Menas to the stones, motioning for both Gaza and Filsgerit to follow.

Let me know if anyone is trying to block the entry of the stones


Male Human(Ulfen) Barbarian/2 Per:+6 Init:+3 HP19/26(30/30) AC: 20/12/18 F:+7(+9) R:+4(+6) W:+2(+4)

"Friends, lets go." Menas sets off towards to stones, using his shield to cover himself and watching for threats. "Catch up with Emilian and Quain, they seem as genuine as people can be in here."

if we have to kill some people at the exit i hope one of them has an off hand weapon i can liberate...


Ok, to give people a visual representation of the area. It is big so it would be difficult for 1-2 people to block the area to the tournament grounds.

Map of Tournament area

You started at the stone oval, where the cells were, and you are walking to the grey tile area. Any questions, let me know.


Wizard 3 | HP: 11/17 | AC 16 | 12 | 14 | CMD 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +3 | Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +2 | Sense Motive +0

In Goblin:
Maybe we should ask who else is wrongly accused and convicted? Surely they would be good allies! Kwin laughs at his own joke. But seriously, shall we make sure we can cross the threshold to the arena together in case others conspire to end our game here and now?


And for a more zoomed in view: Map


Male Half-Orc Skirmisher/Shapeshifter 1

Orhtrik was uninterested in the prospect of alliances, but he made sure to keep track of any being formed within hearing distance - one could never be too careful. As everybody begins to make the mad dash, Orthrik follows after, keeping his eyes open for stragglers.

Noting that Salu seems to be adopting a similar strategy, Orthrik makes the move to attack his prey, his spiked fist readied.

GM:
I'm not too sure how/if I can resolve combat in this kind of situation, but presuming I can reach fast enough, might as well go for it. :P


Init: +2

Cirnos, Hollander:
Peering up at the human, Kazmuk snorts. "That's Stormborn, Kazmuk Stormborn, not stormlord. I claim no mastery over their power. Why should I trust ye? That baron called ye the embodiment of evil and a tyrant. Though, I suppose he could be wrong about that, seeing as how I did no crime and yet I'm here.


Per: +0 Init:+0 HP: 16/16 AC: 10/10/10 F: +4 R: +0 W: +2

Kazmuk, Hollander + GM:

"Being evil doesn't make me a liar. The choice is yours, we help each other and give ourselves a better shot at getting out of here. Or take your chances dealing with the others. I don't know about you, but they didn't stick their necks out to get over here, I doubt they would do you any favors before stabbing you in the back. Discount me if you want, but I respect a man who is willing to take a risk!"

"Besides, between my lance, Holander's sling, and your.... powers. We stand a pretty good chance of making it out of this pit."

Extending his hand...

If Kazmuk shakes, Cirnos will 5 foot out in front back on the dirt tiles, and start to twirl the lance over his head. "He helps those who help themselves! Let's give them hell!"

1 to 50 of 885 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lucendar's Survival PbP - Welcome to the Slaughter! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.