Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Technology Guide (PFRPG)

4.30/5 (based on 17 ratings)
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Technology Guide (PFRPG)
Show Description For:
Non-Mint

Add PDF $13.99

Print Edition Unavailable

Non-Mint Unavailable

Facebook Twitter Email

Ray Guns and Rocket Packs!

It’s one thing to face a dragon armed with a longsword and a suit of magic plate mail, but what if you had an atom gun and powered armor? How many zombies could you blow up with a rocket launcher? What happens if you’re standing next to a graviton reactor when it explodes? All of these questions and more are answered within the pages of the Technology Guide—an invaluable manual of items, hazards, and character options for use in science-fantasy settings like Golarion’s Numeria, land of savagery and super-science!

Within this book, you’ll find:

  • Rules for dozens of new technological items, including weapons, armor, force fields, hologram generators, grenades, cybernetic implants, nanotech devices, remote controls for robots, and more!
  • New feats, spells, and archetypes for technologically savvy characters, along with rules for how your skills interact with super-science.
  • Extraordinarily powerful scientific items and artifacts, such as extinction wave devices, powered armor, and nuclear reactors!
  • The technomancer prestige class, which allows you to use magic to command robots and power your technology .
  • Rules for artificial intelligences, the effects of the passage of time on technological items, the dangers of radiation, the seven skymetals of Numeria, technological traps, and more!

The Technology Guide is a must-have for GMs running the Iron Gods Adventure Path or anyone looking to introduce super-science into any Pathfinder adventure or campaign setting.

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-672-0

Technology Guide Errata
Last Updated - 12/16/2014

First Printing to Second Printing - Download (187kb zip/PDF)

Note: This product is part of the Pathfinder Lost Omens Subscription.

Product Availability

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Print Edition:

Unavailable

Non-Mint:

Unavailable

This product is non-mint. Refunds are not available for non-mint products. The standard version of this product can be found here.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO9272


See Also:

1 to 5 of 17 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.30/5 (based on 17 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

paper quality is bad

4/5

Nice book with a lot of sci-fi items,, something like Wizardry in Golarion .. I woud like to give this book 5/5, but I cant. Reason why I cant do like that is simple, the quality of paper is just terrible. Paper Quality of Paizo books is going down, what is sad .. for me 4/5


Essential for Adding Tech to Pathfinder

4/5

Read my full review on Of Dice and Pen.

The Technology Guide provides gamemasters with the information and items they need to add technology into their fantasy games. It's not particularly exciting or innovative, but that's not really its point. Instead, it forms the necessary baseline for other books to build upon, much like the Core Rulebook provides the baseline rules for the entire game. If you want technology in your games, it's a book you really can't do without.


Meh

2/5

There are some interesting items in here but having sci-fi with magic breaks the immersion for me.


Pretty damn cool

4/5

I picked up this as a pdf because it looked interesting, and I was not disappointed. I used it to write an adventure (crashed UFO in a fantasy setting), and it led to the most fun I have ever had running a game. It would be useful if it had suggestions for other books containing some of the referenced monsters (such as certain types of monsters which I found on the pfsrd), but all in all it does exactly as promised.


Yes. Get it.

5/5

If you have any interest at all in genre fusion in your adventuring, this book is a must buy.


1 to 5 of 17 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
501 to 550 of 1,557 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Wow, nice cover, cybernetic barbarian vs space elf(well half-elf).


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

:} *eyes well up with tears*


Android tears after that weird electric sheep dream;)


That lady on the cover looks like she's wondering what she ever did to end up marooned on a world full of sword-toting savages. Very good art and good selection of future tech from the description -- though I hope we get some stuff that is just plain weird. As in, something beings from the Dominion of the Black or the Mi-Go might use.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Those poses...

...and suits

TSR Buck Rogers, anyone?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Cthulhudrew wrote:
Nice cover! Some kind of Kellid barbarian with cybernetic upgrades vs. an elf with similar? (Either that, or she's wearing some kind of technological body armor.)

In fact... versus the iconic gunslinger wearing fancy new sci-fi clothes!


James Jacobs wrote:
Cthulhudrew wrote:
Nice cover! Some kind of Kellid barbarian with cybernetic upgrades vs. an elf with similar? (Either that, or she's wearing some kind of technological body armor.)
In fact... versus the iconic gunslinger wearing fancy new sci-fi clothes!

She must have also gotten a dye-job in space, considering most depictions of her have brunette (Either brown or black) hair. :P

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Ashram wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Cthulhudrew wrote:
Nice cover! Some kind of Kellid barbarian with cybernetic upgrades vs. an elf with similar? (Either that, or she's wearing some kind of technological body armor.)
In fact... versus the iconic gunslinger wearing fancy new sci-fi clothes!
She must have also gotten a dye-job in space, considering most depictions of her have brunette (Either brown or black) hair. :P

Her hair is indeed a bit too red, but as it turns out, changing her clothes makes it even more difficult to tell it's her.

Which is why we very rarely change the armor of our iconics... or indeed, why Superman and Batman and all those superheroes only have one costume.


Nice! Color me excited... well... more excited anyways!


I really like the Gunslinger's new outfit. Also I like her as a redhead a lot more too be honest. Now if we could new sci-fi outfits for Seoni, Lini, etc.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Redhead, Brunette, Blonde, all of them are hot.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I'm so going to stat up a technomancer lich.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Once again, alternative appearances of Lirianne don't turn out well.

"They can't get my hair right."


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Quote:
powered armor

No, these aren't tears.

I just have something in my eye.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Too be honest that is the first picture of the iconic gunslinger that I actually like.


Pathfinder Card Game, Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber

I dig the cover!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
James Jacobs wrote:
Ashram wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
In fact... versus the iconic gunslinger wearing fancy new sci-fi clothes!
She must have also gotten a dye-job in space, considering most depictions of her have brunette (Either brown or black) hair. :P

Her hair is indeed a bit too red, but as it turns out, changing her clothes makes it even more difficult to tell it's her.

Which is why we very rarely change the armor of our iconics... or indeed, why Superman and Batman and all those superheroes only have one costume.

She adventures with an alchemist... he can probably whip up hair dye easy-peasy. There's nothing wrong with a lady deciding to change her hair color.

Or maybe her hair color change is due to a symbiote/symbiont she's wearing?

Dark Archive

That is an awesome cover


Liz Courts wrote:
Berselius wrote:
How about some DOOM monsters as well? Cyberneticly enhanced fiends from the lower planes invading your campaign world? Cause you say HELL YES! ^_^
*cough*

I'd hardly call that little guy Doom material Liz. Still, you make a fair point but I'm betting on stuff like Balors or Pit Fiends with a Rocket Launcher for one of their hands!


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I feel that Paizo could sell posters of all the Numeria covers, and they'd sell like hotcakes.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My body is ready.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My money is ready.


Glad to see the sky metals will be reprinted in this book:)


Berselius wrote:
Liz Courts wrote:
Berselius wrote:
How about some DOOM monsters as well? Cyberneticly enhanced fiends from the lower planes invading your campaign world? Cause you say HELL YES! ^_^
*cough*
I'd hardly call that little guy Doom material Liz. Still, you make a fair point but I'm betting on stuff like Balors or Pit Fiends with a Rocket Launcher for one of their hands!

Pretty sure Liz was pointing out the Cacodaemon because it really was in Doom ;)

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Lirianne would have been more recognizable if she kept either her duster or her hat. Excising both is what makes it hard to recognize her.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Lirianne in that suit really makes me think of Mass Effect.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I don't like her twisted pose though. Can anyone actually stand like that without breaking their spine?


Well to be fair she is in motion, and not stationary.

Liberty's Edge

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher wrote:
I don't like her twisted pose though. Can anyone actually stand like that without breaking their spine?

Okay I am normally a defender of Paizo's art. I do have to agree, that on closer inspection, this pose is unnatural and uncomfortable to look at. If that was the intent then okay. However I think one small change would make the picture completely okay by me.

If her back had extended more naturally up from where the scarf is wrapped around her waist, instead of the plateau that seems to exist at the back of the scarf, I would have no problems with that pose. It is an actions scene that, aside from that nitpick, I have no problem imagining with any character, male or female.

As drawn it looks like her spine takes two 90 degree turns.

_|
|


Well I hope that suit is an actual item in the book. Also it looks like she has both a laser gun and a taser or taser like weapon.


brad2411 wrote:
Lirianne in that suit really makes me think of Mass Effect.

I had the same thought myself.


Pathfinder Effect!


8 people marked this as a favorite.
brad2411 wrote:
Lirianne in that suit really makes me think of Mass Effect.

She's Commander Lirianne, and this is her favourite store on the Citadel.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Alleran wrote:
She's Commander Lirianne, and this is her favourite store on the Citadel Silver Mount.

FTFY


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Dragon78 wrote:
I really like the Gunslinger's new outfit. Also I like her as a redhead a lot more too be honest. Now if we could new sci-fi outfits for Seoni, Lini, etc.

I'm OK with that change , redheads are severely underrepresented with the iconics anyway.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I agree with you about redheads being underrepresented with the iconics Zaister.

Liberty's Edge

This looks absolutely awesome!

I wish they were doing an open beta play test with this like with the Advanced Class guide >.<


graywulfe wrote:
Chief Cook and Bottlewasher wrote:
I don't like her twisted pose though. Can anyone actually stand like that without breaking their spine?

Okay I am normally a defender of Paizo's art. I do have to agree, that on closer inspection, this pose is unnatural and uncomfortable to look at. If that was the intent then okay. However I think one small change would make the picture completely okay by me.

If her back had extended more naturally up from where the scarf is wrapped around her waist, instead of the plateau that seems to exist at the back of the scarf, I would have no problems with that pose. It is an actions scene that, aside from that nitpick, I have no problem imagining with any character, male or female.

As drawn it looks like her spine takes two 90 degree turns.

Agreed. I much preferred the mockup art.

I also wonder whether there's some in-world technological reason the space suit has to be corset-tight. That looks really uncomfortable and restrictive. I mean, all things being equal, why would anyone wear a suit that tight to adventure in?

EDIT: In light of the 'Hypersexualization' thread I've been reading today, I'd also like to point out that this is one more instance of a sexualized woman fighting a monstrous male.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Dustin Ashe wrote:


I also wonder whether there's some in-world technological reason the space suit has to be corset-tight. That looks really uncomfortable and restrictive. I mean, all things being equal, why would anyone wear a suit that tight to adventure in?

Probably the same reason a lot of workout clothing is skintight; it stays out of the way. Loose clothing can get caught on things, or be used against you by an opponent. It can also rub and chafe during extended activity. Tight material across the chest could serve the same purpose as a sports bra, which is definitely something Lirianne appears to need. That much weight bouncing around freely would be painful and distracting. Sometimes, restrictive is a good thing.

As long as it is sufficiently flexible to allow movement - and offers enough protection - skintight is actually a great choice. Of course, for many of the same reasons, she should probably cut her hair, or at least tie it up in a way that's not so easy to grab and pull. And that scarf isn't a great idea either....

Other than that, I agree with many of the criticisms in this thread. The pose used is a fairly common one in fantasy and sci-fi art, and it does tend to look awkward and unrealistic unless the artist is very careful. Since the pose pretty much only exists to increase the sexualization of the character, it's usually a better choice to pick another pose rather than try to make this one work.

I still like the art, though.


Quote:
Pretty sure Liz was pointing out the Cacodaemon because it really was in Doom ;)

And yet it bares almost NO SIMILARITY to the Cacaodemon FROM the Doom video game series (which was at the very least large sized and could spit fireballs from it's mouth).


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Berselius wrote:
Quote:
Pretty sure Liz was pointing out the Cacodaemon because it really was in Doom ;)
And yet it bares almost NO SIMILARITY to the Cacaodemon FROM the Doom video game series (which was at the very least large sized and could spit fireballs from it's mouth).

Add a couple templates and it could be done—I recommend half-dragon and giant.


Magic to command robots and power technology, sounds interesting.

Grand Lodge

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Rulebook Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
Dragon78 wrote:
I agree with you about redheads being underrepresented with the iconics Zaister.

Well, we wouldn't want to make the rest of the iconics look bad. :)


Now that you say that most of the redheads I have seen in pathfinder are ether monsters or non-good aligned NPCs:(

Liberty's Edge

Dragon78 wrote:
Now that you say that most of the redheads I have seen in pathfinder are ether monsters or non-good aligned NPCs:(

The Iconic Hunter looks to be a redhead, actually...and a very pretty one at that.


Shadar Aman wrote:
Dustin Ashe wrote:


I also wonder whether there's some in-world technological reason the space suit has to be corset-tight. That looks really uncomfortable and restrictive. I mean, all things being equal, why would anyone wear a suit that tight to adventure in?

Probably the same reason a lot of workout clothing is skintight; it stays out of the way. Loose clothing can get caught on things, or be used against you by an opponent. It can also rub and chafe during extended activity. Tight material across the chest could serve the same purpose as a sports bra, which is definitely something Lirianne appears to need. That much weight bouncing around freely would be painful and distracting. Sometimes, restrictive is a good thing.

As long as it is sufficiently flexible to allow movement - and offers enough protection - skintight is actually a great choice. Of course, for many of the same reasons, she should probably cut her hair, or at least tie it up in a way that's not so easy to grab and pull. And that scarf isn't a great idea either....

Other than that, I agree with many of the criticisms in this thread. The pose used is a fairly common one in fantasy and sci-fi art, and it does tend to look awkward and unrealistic unless the artist is very careful. Since the pose pretty much only exists to increase the sexualization of the character, it's usually a better choice to pick another pose rather than try to make this one work.

I still like the art, though.

That spacesuit isn't sportsbra tight. It's tighter. It individually, separately defines each breast. So, in that sense, it doesn't get anything at all out of the way. That fact, coupled with the strange pose, makes her look all wrong for adventuring. Just sayin'.

The Exchange RPG Superstar 2008 Top 6, Contributor

Both her sidearms are in the book. There's a couple of things that the suit could be. :) Speaking of sidearms, that's quite a right on the cyborg.


Cool, thanks for the info Russ:)


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Dustin Ashe wrote:
I also wonder whether there's some in-world technological reason the space suit has to be corset-tight. That looks really uncomfortable and restrictive. I mean, all things being equal, why would anyone wear a suit that tight to adventure in?

It would only be restrictive assuming it wasn't an extremely flexible material, maybe beyond what we currently can make. Body-tight skinsuits have a history in sci-fi. There have even been discussions of using them IRL.

http://www.space.com/24301-astronaut-skinsuit-soothes-space-backaches.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_activity_suit

Quote:
The potential for greater mobility and simpler operation with a space activity suit make it an attractive choice for fiction, where flexibility of use can be a boon to plot development.

That isn't saying that maybe it's not a little too tight, but then again, skinsuits in fiction generally are, regardless of gender.


Dragon78 wrote:
Now that you say that most of the redheads I have seen in pathfinder are ether monsters or non-good aligned NPCs:(

Sounds about right in my experience ;)

501 to 550 of 1,557 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Technology Guide (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.