Have you discovered this seeming contradiction yet? Epic roleplaying requires specificity. Great collaborative storytelling needs players who know what drives them. The better they can know “Where am I from?” and “Where am I going?” the better they can create a motivated character. And it gives everyone else at the table something to play off of.
So let’s take a moment to recall and appreciate the incredibly detailed and evocative Lost Omens Character Guide preview articles that Developers Eleanor Ferron and Luis Loza have shared with us in recent weeks.
We embarked on an exploration of new cultures, ancestries, heritages:
- The diversity of people in Such a Lovely Place, Such a Lovely Face,
- The formidable, playable hobgoblins in All We Are Saying Is Give Peace a Chance,
- The rules content from the ten metaregions in We Should Travel By Map!
- The primal, playable leshy in Love 'Em Or Leaf 'Em
- The primordial, playable lizardfolk in You're A Lizard, Harry
We gathered insights into five major organizations:
- The rebellious Firebrands in Where There's Smoke, There's Firebrands!
- The imposing Hellknights in Hellknights on the Town
- The decentralized Knights of Lastwall in Lastwall Knights, All Right!
- The legendary Magaambya magic school in He's A Magic Man, She's A Magic Man!
- The globe-trotting Pathfinder Society in Scrolls and Spells and Swords, Oh My!
The Pathfinder Lost Omens Character Guide is available today at your favorite local game, book, or comic shop, and here at paizo.com. Finally, all 136 pages are here for us to relish! Now, better than ever, we can answer, “Who am I in the Age of Lost Omens?”
What’s My Motivation?
The Lost Omens Character Guide helps you pursue your passions and goals!
Friday, October 4, 2019