Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion

Game Master Shadow Bloodmoon

The world ended and now you are a part of its rebirth and aftermath. The Tomorrow Legion protects the innocent from those who would harm, hinder or simply eat them. You are a part of the Legion, make us proud.

Maps


1 to 50 of 2,009 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Savage Rifts RotRwT

For whatever reason, here was home. A 13th Century Castle, built in the 20th Century, being used in the 22nd Century for what? A base of do-gooders out to rid the world of evil. Heh. That would be something wouldn't it? No, it was more than that. This place was a Refuge, not only in name, but in spirit. Every last person here was running from something. Life before, the Tolkeen War, the Coaliton, the Federation, criminal backgrounds they'd rather left forgotten. It didn't seem to matter to those who mattered here, as long as you did your job and didn't mar up the Tomorrow Legion name.

You find yourself in the Special Unit HQ briefing room. A few chairs line the room with a holo-projector showing a map of the area and underneath its light, a short round man with more cyber than you care to count. The only thing not cyber appear to be his beard, which is a stark red with grays streaking through it. His nameplate says he is Major Gundar Grimjack and it fits. You have never seen the man smile, for anything. He coughs to get your attention.

"Listen up! Some yahoo upstairs told me you lot were special. Looking at ya, I can't see why, but orders are orders. By now yer familiar with the Legion and what we do? If not, see Kessa outside, she's the friendly talks a lot type. I'm not. You've been assigned to one of my SETs. Special Exploratory Teams for those of you not paying attention. Today's your lucky day. Milk run. Real simple. Go here, take a look, come back and report. Easy? The map's been uploaded to your machines' nav systems. Don't get lost." He stands to leave and as some of you stand to salute, he waves you off. "I don't stand for that crap much as the humies do. Just do yer job and we'll be keen." He leaves and the projector shows a map to an area outside of Refuge's region of influence. An overlay shows the area used to be called McGehee, Arkansas, American Empire, many centuries ago. Now it seems to be overrun with trees and hills and a big red area tagged as 'Unknown'. That's where you are going.

Take this time to introduce yourselves. You have known each other a short while, some of you longer, so play it up and then we'll get to the mission...


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"For those of you who don't know me, name's Burgurk. Just Burgurk."

He's obviously a Simvan, wearing lightweight body armor but only sporting a laser pistol strapped to his hip.

"I'm what's called around here a 'Mind Melter', and for good reason. I can do things with my mind that some of you with your fancy gear and gizmos can only dream about. I'm good in a fight, but can provide some extra shielding against attacks, and I can heal you when you're wounded, too. Don't know how many of the rest of you can say the same about that last bit, so if you'll watch my back, I'll keep you healthy."


The tall, good-looking, dark-haired Human(?) man wearing a tank top and shorts stands and says "My name is Auriel Acherean, but you are more than welcome to call me Auriel. I am a master swordsman. I also have a diverse amount of training, so I know a little bit about a lot of things. I am looking forward to seeing what awaits us in this Unknown area."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

In the back of the room a shining tower of metal stands passively, listening to the speech. Even in a large bay-room like the HQ briefing room it seems to test the room's space, daring it to be found wanting. The amount of chrome and enhancements on this thing even exceeds the yapping Major's, announcing the conversion to cyborg as complete. The only signs of life is the idle rotation of the head as it keeps up a passive scan.

It stands silently until it seems obvious that people are waiting for it to introduce itself. "Greetings. This is an Atlas-class assault mech, designation number Twenty One dash Twelve."
The booming voice is obviously designed to be heard over long distances above the din of a roaring battle, and for some reason it's not lowered it down.
"This unit is designed to neutralize objectives with maximum efficiency and capability, up to and including hardened targets, targets with above-expected counter-strike capability, targets with massed infantry, and a secondary specialization in...

infiltration."

That such a towering war machine could infiltrate anything seems almost ludicrous.


Female Human
Skills:
Fighting d4, Investigation d6. Knowledge: Arcana d6, Knowledge: Engineering d6, Knowledge: Science d6, Healing d4, Lockpicking d6, Notice d8+2, Persuasion d4, Repair d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Techno-Wizardry d10-1
Bennies: 5/4 Wounds 0 Toughness: 8 (4) Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Strain: 1 Power Points: 15/15 Active Gadgets: Speak Language: D-Bee 5/7 PP

From the front of the room, a smallish girl with long blonde hair, a set of Adventurer Survival Armor and absolutely terrible posture makes a pretty good facsimile of parade rest while Maj. Grimjack speaks. She holds this for his first sentence, but by her second she's rocking on her heels and her face is visibly straining trying to hold her head steady when it's clearly more used to leaning quizically to the side. When the Major leaves, she's one of the ones who snaps to attention and renders an (admittedly, pretty awful) salute.

"Pleased to meet'cha, Mister Just Burgurk," she says. Her smile makes it difficult to tell whether she's kidding or not. Her eyes cast down to his laser pistol. "Ooooohhhhhh remind me after the mission to take a look at that. You could get so much more juice out of that baby with just a couple of tweaks. I like the sound of that magic stuff though, that sounds like what I do except more... More, you know?" She steps around Auriel without waiting for a response from Just Burgurk, glancing up and down. "It's good to know I'm not the only jack of all trades!" She says enthusiastically. "But you seem kind of... Under-dressed?" She thumps her armor in the chest, then coughs, having knocked the wind out of herself. "Then again," she pants, "You're probably way tougher than me."

She swivels on the spot as the Atlas starts to speak. You can practically hear the whirring gizmos in her head and sparkles in her eyes before she rushes forward, planting her cheek to the 'borg's armor plating. "Oh my GAWD," she says loudly, rubbing her face against the interlocking plates. Her hands roam in a way that would be just short of completely innappropriate on a regular human, and is still probably a massive breach of privacy, even for a full-conversion. "You're amazing, I love borgs, so much, your cyber is incredible!" Without asking permission, she grabs a chair, spins it around, steps onto it, and huffs, stamping one foot when she's still not quite tall enough to reach the bot's shoulder-mounted grenade launcher. Half-climbing the Atlas, she glances over to the rest of the SET and says "Oh, I'm Jazz, by the way. Jazz Greyjune, I'm your techie!" Her fingers still twitch in the air, just out of reach of the integrated shoulder-launcher.


Auriel chuckles at Jazz's comment and says "My personal philosophy is to not get hit. Then, you don't need to be tough."


Bennies: 4 | Parry: 8 (Tecnhological Weapons suffer -2) | Toughness: 6/8 w Cyber-Armor Shell | Armour: 6 | Wounds: 0 | ISP: 17/20

Fitting in with the 13th century style castle, Gavryn wears body armour styled after a medieval knights but with modern touches, a super fine chain mesh, with composite metal and ceramic plates, he holds a full visored helm under his arm. He has dark shoulder length hair, half tied back. A Wilks pistol is holstered on his right thigh and a NG-L5 laser rifle is slung over his back.

Gavryn chuckled as Jazz called Burgurk "Just Burgurk". He'd worked with Burgurk briefly before, and knew the Simvan would have his back when things got messy.

"Sir Wyat, at your service. You can all call me Gavryn though" he introduced himself to those he didn't know. "I'm specialised in combat, and best up close, though I prefer to use negotiation to find a peaceful solution where possible... "

He looks to Auriel, "Perhaps we could spar later, practice our swordplay " he says with a nod at the other swordsman.


"I would welcome the opportunity to learn about you." says Auriel to Gavryn.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Seeing Jazz's consternation, the assault mech bends lower so she can just barely access the grenade launcher. "Pleased to make your acquaintance. I was incinerated at the Newton Incident, necessitating 97.83 percent tissue supplantation."

Atlas swivels its massive death's-head side-to-side to observe the conversation between Gavryn and Auriel, following the back-and-forth as one might a tennis match. After a moment's pause it says, "You do not need to hide behind double-entendre. If your offers of meeting clandestinely later to "practice" your "swordplay" and "learn" more "about" each other are offers for a homosexual interlude, be aware that a complete cyborgization process has given me an open understanding of such things. This includes an openness to human male to human male relationships, human female to human female relationships, humans to DBees, DBees to human, human to mutant, mutant to DBee, human to cyb--" abruptly some social protocol, always a low priority, realizes that it -might- be wandering into an uncomfortable territory, and the assault mech curtly stops talking.


Auriel snorts at 21-12's comment and says "That is not what I meant. It is my belief that you can't truly know someone until you've fought them, as that is the only time people are true."


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

When she first enters the room, all of the grime and evil in the world seems to disappear, if just a little bit. Her face, her eyes, her pose. All of her is pure, is good, is beautiful. She is one of the Neemas' heirs. One of the descendants of the heroes that stood before Armageddon and defended humankind when all was lost. And she looks like it. She is as gleaming, in her own way, as her "Glitter Girl" armor standing in the yard.
But she is not arrogant. She smiles like everything is good in the world, as if good always triumph over evil, and all stories had a happy ending.
She is a normal height, looks fit but not strong, with long bright red hair and contrasting emerald green eyes. She is young, and simply beautiful, dressed in a simple dark green dress with leather sandals, looking more like a dream than a real woman.
She greets everyone in turn, with a firm handshake, and her emerald green eyes fixed in the others eyes, not challenging, but forging a link of trust and partnership with each one in turn. But she can't (and don't want to) hide her inexperience, her naivety and a recent pain in her sight.
--

Burgurk wrote:
"For those of you who don't know me, name's Burgurk. Just Burgurk."

"Burgurk." - You notice she is trying hard to get your not usual name pronunciation right. - "Jonis Witta, Cyber-Girl pilot. Please call me Jonis. I am glad you are with us, and feel safer already knowing you will be there, helping us. You will have to tell me more about your people, and your abilities one of these days. I just beg for you not to pry into my personal thoughts." - she lets out a sweet discreet laugh, playful and joyful - "I would be so embarrassed!"

--
Auriel wrote:
"My name is Auriel Acherean, but you are more than welcome to call me Auriel."

"Jonis Witta." - Jonis cheeks look flushed, as she tries hard to keep eye contact with the man - "Jonis. You can call me Jonis, I mean. Are you a Cyber-Knight? Mother never told me they could be so hand... so... tall!"

She turns deep red and looks away.
--
21-12 wrote:
"Greetings. This is an Atlas-class assault mech, designation number Twenty One dash Twelve."

Jonis approach unsure of herself, but she steels her jaw and advances at the towering hulk, an outstretched hand in front of her.

"A pleasure to meet you, Twenty one dash Twelve. My name is Jonis Witta. You are a cyborg, right? Mother told me about you, and how the Coalition exploited your abilities to... well... I am glad you escaped, and find your way here. I hope you don't mind me asking, but, what is your name? Your real name? You are among friends now, and that designation the Coalition gave you should get in your past, as they are."
She tiptoes and extends a hand towards the metal cheek, as if looking for warm in the hard shining surface. She stops just an inch away.
"Sorry. I got carried away."
--
Jazz wrote:
"Oh, I'm Jazz, by the way. Jazz Greyjune, I'm your techie!"

Then Jonis looks at Jazz, climbing the cyborg, and let out a clear complicit laugh.

"Hi Jazz. I am Jonis, Jonis Witta. What a lovely name you have. Mother took me to hear Jazz, a kind of music, once, and I loved it. I was just like you, playful and beautiful. I hope we become best friends. And I would very much like your help with my Cyber-Girl."
For the first time you notice her face saddens, and is like a cloud crosses in front of the sun.
"I need to take care of her on my own now."
--
Then she gets pale when he hears about the Newton incident.
21-12 wrote:
"I was incinerated at the Newton Incident, necessitating 97.83 percent tissue supplantation."

"My god!"

She takes a hand to her mouth, and another at her heart.
"I am so sorry. It must have been awful. But... but... you are ok now? I mean, are you in pain?"
She seems genuinely consternated and worried for 21-12.
When he talks about "swordplay" he forgets her worries, her face lights up again and show a gentle smile, while mockingly slapping the metal frame of the cyborg.
"Twenty One dash Twelve! You are so funny! But you shouldn't make fun of Auriel and Gavryn!"
--
Gavryn wrote:
"Sir Wyat, at your service. You can all call me Gavryn though."

"Jonis Witta, my lord." - She bows in front of Gavryn - "I feel really honored of be one of your team. Mother told me about you, Sir Wyat, and I hope I can learn from you, and be a valuable member of your team."

She looks up, and then her face changes. Sadness pour from her eyes in a clear honest tear.
"Maybe you remember her. A Glitter Girl pilot, Marcia Witta. She always talked fondly of you."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

This is good stuff guys! When the conversation switches to prepping to leave, we'll get going..

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

As Jonis walks in, the assault mech hones in on her, its head silently tracking her movement.

Jonis Witta wrote:
"Are you a Cyber-Knight? Mother never told me they could be so hand... so... tall!"

Somewhere someone might possibly hear a very faint sound that sort of could be something like 'target acquired.' But that would be silly.

Jonis Witta wrote:
"what is your name? Your real name? You are among friends now, and that designation the Coalition gave you should get in your past, as they are."

Atlas extends a single finger for a handshake, a habit that he found simply works best.

As Janis approaches and asks for his name, he replies, "I was there w--...*xxbzzzz*...I am sorr--...*zzzzzline347error*...I am....*cllllllllmm...*...This is an Atlas-class assault mech, designation number Twenty One dash Twelve. While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath there can be no p---*zhzhzhzhzhzhzhzhline278notfound*...It is good to meet you, for the first time."

After this odd speech the mech falls silent. Whether because he has no more to say, or due to an internal stack of critical errors, none can know.

Jonis Witta wrote:
"But... but... you are ok now? I mean, are you in pain?"

"I do not currently experience any signals that indicate pain or some non-peak operation of internal systems.

I will...not let you down, Jonis Witta, Cyber-Girl pilot."

The last line is delivered without the battlefield zeal that infuses the rest of his words, but the exact reasoning why is left unexplained.


Jonis Witta wrote:
"Jonis Witta." - Jonis cheeks look flushed, as she tries hard to keep eye contact with the man - "Jonis. You can call me Jonis, I mean. Are you a Cyber-Knight? Mother never told me they could be so hand... so... tall!"

"I am not a cyber-knight, but I have had training of a...similar vein. It is the goal of my order to protect sentient beings from supernatural evil."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human
Skills:
Fighting d4, Investigation d6. Knowledge: Arcana d6, Knowledge: Engineering d6, Knowledge: Science d6, Healing d4, Lockpicking d6, Notice d8+2, Persuasion d4, Repair d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Techno-Wizardry d10-1
Bennies: 5/4 Wounds 0 Toughness: 8 (4) Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Strain: 1 Power Points: 15/15 Active Gadgets: Speak Language: D-Bee 5/7 PP
Auriel wrote:
"My personal philosophy is to not get hit. Then, you don't need to be tough."

"That's a good strategy too," Jazz says, "But I'm not too fast either." She smiles and gives a half-shrug, as if to say "what'cha gonna do?", then steps onto the Atlas' leg, steps up and finally gets her fingers on the grenade launcher. She nods her head appreciatively, steps up and puts her chin on top of the launcher.

Atlas wrote:
"Pleased to make your acquaintance. I was incinerated at the Newton Incident, necessitating 97.83 percent tissue supplantation."

"I'm sorry to hear that," she says. Half-hanging off of the 'borg, putting her feet on the few modules she hasn't touched yet, she nods along sorrowfully to his explanation. "I was in a real bad accident a while ago too. That's why I have my cyber--obviously it wasn't as much as yours though." When the Atlas gets around to its perception of sexual tension between Auriel and Gavryn she giggles, then glances back and forth between the two of them and quietly says to the 'borg, "I ship it."

Jonis wrote:
"Hi Jazz. I am Jonis, Jonis Witta. What a lovely name you have. Mother took me to hear Jazz, a kind of music, once, and I loved it. I was just like you, playful and beautiful. I hope we become best friends."

At the pretty pilot's introduction, Jazz at last seems to run out of words. Blushing a deep scarlet, she nods, dumbstruck and a little embarrassed, kicking her legs and finally letting go of the grenade launcher to drop to the floor. Half-hiding behind the Atlas, she politely says "That sounds lovely. I hope so too."

Jonis wrote:
"And I would very much like your help with my Cyber-Girl."

"HOHMUHGUH--" She chokes and splutters, stepping back in, her bravado almost immediately returning as she incredulously continues, "You have a Glitter Boy? I've always wanted to see one!" Jazz swallows, then breathes in, continuing in her earlier polite tone, "I'd love to help."

She glances back and forth between Jonis and the Atlas, getting the feeling she's missing something, especially at the Atlas' last line. She looks up at the 'borg, putting her arms half-way around its waist. "You know machines all have their own song to people like me? Yours sounds like a heartbeat. Do you still have a heart under there, Attie?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

Burgurk listens to the others introducing themselves, noticing that the human females tend to talk over-much. Despite his "civiliz-ation", he can't help but think to himself "I could take her down quickly", "he would be more of a challenge", etc. But when it comes to Atlas 21-12, he wonders "98+% mechanized? I wonder if there's even a brain in there to effect? And his armor is *quite* impressive, it would be hard for even me to get thru it."

Jonis wrote:
"I just beg for you not to pry into my personal thoughts." - she lets out a sweet discreet laugh, playful and joyful - "I would be so embarrassed!"

"Do not worry, child - I do not have telepathy - yet."

Jazz - I was hoping someone would riff off of my "Just Burgurk" - thanks! :)

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Atlas shifts his body down, gears quietly whirring as his massive frame bends over almost double to look at the diminutive human female hugging his waist. "My inner torso is powered by a Defiance Industries Vlar 300 central power system that circulates my internal fluids at 3000 rpm. You are no doubt hearing the centralized fluid exchange.

Unless you mean metaphorically,

in which case

..."

The mech returns to a standing position.

"Cyber-Girl pilot Jonis Witta, the diminutive human female known as Jazz Greyjune has requested to see your combat panzer. I also have curiosity about its design and function. Would now be an opportune time to gaze upon it?"


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal
Auriel wrote:
"I am not a cyber-knight, but I have had training of a...similar vein. It is the goal of my order to protect sentient beings from supernatural evil."

Jonis eyes seem unfocused, liek seeing something just behind Auriel face. She takes a couple seconds to answer.

"A misterious errant knight..."
She snaps out of it, and takes a couple steps back, with a silly smile.
"My pleasure... sorry, it is a pleasure... I... I will... back there..."
She turns and goes to greet the others.
"Pleasure... idiot girl!"
----
Attie wrote:
As Janis approaches and asks for his name, he replies, "I was there w--...*xxbzzzz*...I am sorr--...*zzzzzline347error*...I am....*cllllllllmm...*...This is an Atlas-class assault mech, designation number Twenty One dash Twelve. While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath there can be no p---*zhzhzhzhzhzhzhzhline278notfound*...It is good to meet you, for the first time."

Janis head moves to a side, intrigued at Twenty One dash Twelve answer. Then she smiles with bright eyes.

"We need to improve your greetings. With that line you won't be able to charm pretty girls like Jazz and me! And we don't we that. We will make a galant knight out of you!"
Attie wrote:
"I do not currently experience any signals that indicate pain or some non-peak operation of internal systems. I will...not let you down, Jonis Witta, Cyber-Girl pilot."

"I am glad you are fine now. And I will try my best to not let you down too, Twenty One dash Twelve."

Jazz wrote:
"Yours sounds like a heartbeat. Do you still have a heart under there, Attie?"

"Attie? That name sounds nice! Do you like it, Twenty one dash Twelve? Can we call you Attie, while we learn you old name?"

Attie wrote:
"Cyber-Girl pilot Jonis Witta, the diminutive human female known as Jazz Greyjune has requested to see your combat panzer. I also have curiosity about its design and function. Would now be an opportune time to gaze upon it?"

"Glitter Girl, please. But of course, follow me and I will show it to you. Jazz, want to learn to pilot it?"

----
Jazz wrote:
At the pretty pilot's introduction, Jazz at last seems to run out of words. Blushing a deep scarlet, she nods, dumbstruck and a little embarrassed, kicking her legs and finally letting go of the grenade launcher to drop to the floor. Half-hiding behind the Atlas, she politely says "That sounds lovely. I hope so too."

Jonis jumps to hug Jazz, moving around Attie.

"Thanks! I need a new friend to talk too, or I will get crazy! We will be best friends forever!"
----
Burgurk wrote:
"Do not worry, child - I do not have telepathy - yet."

She winks playfully at the simvan.

"Let me know as soon as you can, so I can take care what I think near you! I don't want you to know my secret girl crushs!"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Going to move you guys to the garage...unless you choose to do something else before departing fr your mission.

As you follow Jonis to what is both a hangar and a garage, you see all around you many other machines, flying or walker configuration are in various states of preparation and repair. Technicians and robots of all sorts swarm the area. Glancing around, your eyes rest on it. Ten and half feet tall and made of what appears to be mirrors. The massive weapon mounted on the back of it looks as if it could topple the thing in a stiff wind. Myriad cables and hoses are attached to it as it is getting prepped for your mission. One of the other techs notice you staring at it.

"You're the new group, huh? I've worked on GBs before, but this one is in tiptop condition, I must say. Just finished filling up the coolant tanks and water reservoir. Uploaded the map and coords about an hour ago. You should be set to go." The human's skin appear more greasy than flesh, but then, the bits of cyber sticking out here and there tell you he's probably even less human than he once was.


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

Jonis looks up at her Power Armor, a smile as shining as the mirrored surface she is looking.
"Here she is, my baby."
She goes to the technician, and shakes his hand, not caring if they are dirty.
"Thank you very much. I can see you did a great work on her. I owe you. What is your name?"
She will make some small talk with the man.
"So, Jazz, want to get up?"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"'Glitter-Girl'.... Update Accepted. Gratitude, for the correction."

Glitter Girl Pilot Jonis Witta wrote:
"Attie? That name sounds nice! Do you like it, Twenty one dash Twelve? Can we call you Attie, while we learn you old name?"

"You are a person of your own free will and may call me by any nomenclature that you choose. However...yes, that designation is more efficient than the aforementioned appellation. It will be more efficient to use that, especially in combat situation. Update accepted."

Then he does something odd. One of the large battlemech hands moves closer to Jonis, as if it's trying to touch her...then stops and retreats. It stops and starts twice more, and then Atlas turns and leads the group outside toward the garage.

"Your updates have gotten a good start," the cyborg says to the human attendant."Good luck to you as you continue with your Path of Augmentation. One day I hope to call you 'brother'."

Looking up at Janis' panzer, Atlas nods. "You have spoken truly. It is...Glitter---y."


"I must confess, when I heard people talking about 'Glitterboys', I thought they were talking about something from one of the rifts. I see now where it gets it's name! I assume that it is shiny for a purpose?"


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

"Girl... she is a Glitter Girl. Yes, it helps deflect laser attacks. And looks lovely under the sun!"

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

"Diminutive semi-cyber human female Jazz Greyjune, what experiences have brought you to this belief that every machine has a 'song'?"


Female Human
Skills:
Fighting d4, Investigation d6. Knowledge: Arcana d6, Knowledge: Engineering d6, Knowledge: Science d6, Healing d4, Lockpicking d6, Notice d8+2, Persuasion d4, Repair d8, Shooting d6, Stealth d8, Techno-Wizardry d10-1
Bennies: 5/4 Wounds 0 Toughness: 8 (4) Pace: 6 Parry: 4 Strain: 1 Power Points: 15/15 Active Gadgets: Speak Language: D-Bee 5/7 PP

Ha, Atlas! "I do not have a heart. I have a coolant pump."

No dad joke escapes my eagle eye, Burgurk. ;)

Jonis wrote:
"Glitter Girl, please. But of course, follow me and I will show it to you. Jazz, want to learn to pilot it?"

"Are you... Are you serious?" Jazz asks. "You are serious. I have literally dreamt about that for years. Yes please!"

Jonis wrote:
"Thanks! I need a new friend to talk too, or I will get crazy! We will be best friends forever!"

Still a little awkward around Jonis, Jazz returns the hug. "Ohhhhhhh man, we are going to be such good friends," she says, happy, blushing and clearly with visions of a Glitter... Boy, girl, whatever, swimming in her head. She continues touching Attie, but less intently, on the walk up. If she gets tired, she hangs off the mech's arm.

Jonis wrote:
"Here she is, my baby."

Jazz half-jigs in place, nervously reaching out one hand and biting the nails on her other hand. She glances at Jonis while she talks to the mechanic with a look that screams "Can I? Can I?"

Jonis wrote:
"So, Jazz, want to get up?"

Jazz's feet leave the floor and she half floats toward the Glitter Girl. You can practically see the rainbow and fireworks that accompany her leap. Her fingers lightly drift along the mechanic's protruding cyber, and then she alights on the Glitter Girl. At once, she climbs over it, wrapping her legs around the Boom Gun and climbing it like a rope in a gym class, her fingers brushing the inside of the barrel and hanging on as she spins once around before descending to sit on the edge of the cockpit and letting out a satisfied sigh, her ear pressed up against the glittery-smooth surface. "It sounds like... Like a choir and an explosion, all at once," she says, before straightening up and coughing politely. "Sorry, Jonis. What should I do first?" She giddily kicks her feet in spite of herself.

Attie wrote:
"Diminutive semi-cyber human female Jazz Greyjune, what experiences have brought you to this belief that every machine has a 'song'?"

"It's hard to explain," she says. "I guess it's... Like, I'm magic, right? But I can see how machines work, even the ones that don't run on leylines. And the place where the magic meets the tech, or even where, just the tech runs on regular stored power, it gives off a song. All the pieces work together in a rhythm, and they make something bigger than they all are on their own. It..." She pauses, sitting up on the edge of the cockpit. "They made you march in the military, right? And you hear left, left, left-right-left so many times that you start feeling it when you walk, even though you're not hearing it. It's kind of like that. It's a feeling like music."

She looks at the Atlas' head, finally at or above eye-level with it on the towering Glitter Girl. "Sorry Attie. I know that probably doesn't help." She reaches out, hanging precariously off the armor, and gives him a friendly pat on the head.


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

Jonis will let Jazz get into the Glitter Girl, start it, and give her a Glitter Boy 101 lesson.
Maybe Jonis can get the Power Armor Jock Edge in the future...


Auriel will pay attention to Jonis' lesson as well, listening with interest if not Jazz' fervor.


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

Seeing that Auriel is interested, Jonis seems to stand tall, and do the best to teach them both, while taking brief glances at the handsome atlantean.


Bennies: 4 | Parry: 8 (Tecnhological Weapons suffer -2) | Toughness: 6/8 w Cyber-Armor Shell | Armour: 6 | Wounds: 0 | ISP: 17/20
Jonis Witta wrote:

"Jonis Witta, my lord." - She bows in front of Gavryn - "I feel really honored of be one of your team. Mother told me about you, Sir Wyat, and I hope I can learn from you, and be a valuable member of your team."

She looks up, and then her face changes. Sadness pour from her eyes in a clear honest tear.
"Maybe you remember her. A Glitter Girl pilot, Marcia Witta. She always talked fondly of you."

Looking slightly ashamed Gavryn replies.

"I'm sorry, did she fall in the siege, I think you've maybe mistaken me for my elder brother, Ser Walt Wyat? I didn't... I wasn't there, at Tolkeen. My brother and my mother, Lady Aliz, were though. I haven't been able to find them since but I still hold to hope that they're out there somewhere. And please, just call me Gavryn."

He follows the team out into the garage, watching the Cyborg with the slightest amount of distrust, especially after its comment about "enemies of the Emperor" was it possible that a Borg could have some kind of hidden programming that could take over at the worst moment? Who knew...

He finds a smile as he watches the positively bubbly Jazz climb all over the power armor with excitement.

He watches the Glitter Girl 101 lesson with a little interest, listening in particular to its offensive and defensive capabilities.


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

Jonis eyes water at hearing about Gavryn's family.
"I pray the Neemas they survived, and you will reunite with them. Your brother was very dear to Mother, you will be dear to me, Gavryn."
She can't avoid it, and hugs him to give some comfort to the Cyber-Knight.


Auriel listens to Gavryn's story and pats him on the shoulder encouragingly.

After Jonis finishes hugging Gavryn, Auriel will ask "If you don't mind my asking, who, or what is Neemas?"


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

Jonis stands straight.
"Mother told me the Neemas were a group of heroic Women, and Men, than stood to defend humanity, and all good creatures, when the rifts came to Earth. We are their heirs, as the Glitter Girls are they doing, and as such, we owe them to try and defend all that is good in this world, and help it grow and survive in peace."


Savage Rifts RotRwT

"... and the first users of GBs and yes, GGs.", the technician cuts in. "Name's right here," he points to his nametape on his greasy BDU. It says Feines. "Though back then," he continues."They called them 'Chromium Guardsmen', least, that's what they history tapes say. Of course, those have been, modified by the Dead Boy Brainjackers, so who knows if it's right or not." He shrugs. "Either way, it's a lofty ideal, but I'm glad someone still believes. You're all set to go. Control just gave the clearance order." He waves his arm in a circle and some techs rush over to take away all the tubes and wires from the Glitter Girl Power Armor and the hangar doors open to the great outdoors beyond the castle walls.

Travel time will take 3 days, feel free to keep talking as we go..


"Did they provide us with transportation, or are we walking?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Feines smirks. "When you rate, you get the good stuff. For now, gotta hoof it."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

"Thank you very much, Feines."
Seeing that they don't have transport, she tells the others.
"I guess walking it is!"
How I imagine Jonis


Bennies: 4 | Parry: 8 (Tecnhological Weapons suffer -2) | Toughness: 6/8 w Cyber-Armor Shell | Armour: 6 | Wounds: 0 | ISP: 17/20

Gavryn accepts the hug somewhat awkwardly and when he pulls back a single tear can be seen making its way down his cheek. "Thank you Jonis, that would mean a lot. "

" Alright, looks like we have around six days of walking and sleeping rough ahead of us, so lets gather up our supplies and move out. " Gavryn says, grabbing the large survival pack he left outside the conference room, throwing the strap over his shoulder and taking the lead towards the open hanger doors.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

sry. weds are bad for me. Also, awwwwww, she's cute. ;)

"It is an impressive example of the USA-G10 Chromium Guardsman-model Mark I Glitter Girl combat power armor. It may have a long and noble history, but its exact age can only be determined by examining the nuclear power cell."

Glitter Girl Pilot Jonis Witta wrote:
She can't avoid it, and hugs him to give some comfort to the Cyber-Knight.

The battlemech's right hand coincidentally starts to "twitter" nervously. Several climbing hooks and drills pop out, whirl around a few times, then retract. Possibly some kind of inner diagnostic?

auxiliary mechanic Feines wrote:
Feines smirks. "When you rate, you get the good stuff. For now, gotta hoof it."

"Gratitude, auxiliary mechanic Feines." Atlas swivels around. "Diminutive semi-cyber human female Jazz Greyjune, do you have conveyance of your own? If not, you are welcome to ride along."

The battlemech crouches down, lowering it's left arm. The hand contorts itself into a position that a human would find very uncomfortable to mimic, but should be quite nice to sit in. A leather climbing-pad extends to form a sort of pillow.

Oh. Climbing. That must be what it meant by "infiltration."

A faint whirring can be heard as the Repair softskill chip slides into place on its internal carriage. "If you find such things interesting, I can avail you of how earlier, medium-class mecha were loaded out with an internally-mounted Bergen-Industries Martel-model medium laser, but problems with heat-dissipation caused later models to employ an external rail gun...."

Atlas pauses, but it's clear he might go on like this the whole three days.


Auriel puts his pack on his back and says "Okay, I'm ready to head out."


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

"Let's go!"
Jonis, still in her simple green dress, climbs into the Glitter Girl, which closes around her. The eyes of the Power Armor glow green, the same shade as Jonis', and her sweet voice comes out from the machine.
"I'll take point, if it is OK with you all."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

As the group prepares to move out, the assaultmech pauses and addresses everyone. "Does everyone have a comm? We should set an internal signal so we can communicate clandestinely."

After getting everyone's comm signal, he sends out a test text:

>>>Online?<<<


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

Test text?

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

It's a test text that you send so you can test if you can text with text so you test the text then you know that I know that you know that -we- know that they know that I know that you know that you can text 'cause you tested the text. y'know? ;-)


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

So... like texting in the Rifts future? Is not easier just to encrypt "talk-radio"? I had not thought in Jonis texting inside the Glitter Girl.


"I do not have a communication device. I would appreciate the loan of one until I can purchase my own."

Dark Archive

C0mbat Cyb0rg B3nn1es: 2/3 | W0undz: 0 | T0ughne$$: 24 (12) | P4ce: 8[d10] | Notice:d4+2 |
useful :
[bigger][b] [b][bigger]

Ah. I had thought of it like a google-glass kinda thing where it just comes up on your personal HUD, but just sub-vocal talk is good too!


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

The voice of Jonis comes out from the Glitter Girl.
"I am sure Feines can get some personal radios for us. Feines, can you, please?"


Male Simvan Mind Melter; Wounds 0, Bennies 3/3; Parry 5, Toughness 13(8); Heal d4, Intim d6, Notice d6, Shooting d8, Psionics d10; 70 ISP

"I too do not have a comms device - may I also borrow one?"


Savage Rifts RotRwT

Feines tosses a couple old earpiece comms your way. "These aren't top of the line, mind you, but they work in a pinch."

Add a headset comm unit to your inventories if you don't have one.

Heading out into the wilderness, you realize just how long it has been since you've actually been outdoors. Training in the courtyard was one thing, but here, beyond the castle walls, things were..different. Though most of the trees were simple oaks, maples and pines, a few more alien ones had started to grow in the groves near them. You had been warned in your indoctr.. introduction to the Legion about the trees with purple leaves and though its euphoric effects sounded interesting, the vomiting up of all your internal organs was less so.

That thought leaves as you progress, traveling for a few days, marking down anythings strange or new since the last map update. The only thing you've really seen on the second day was a herd of Fury Beetles that had taken up residence in a hillock on the remains of an old farming outpost that has long been abandoned.

It's on the third day that things get interesting. You had just finished breakfast and started on your way towards the nest waypoint when Burgurk gets a strange feeling, almost like that of a Rift opening, but not near as sudden. More like a wave of life force coming his way. Jonis and Attie pick it up on their sensors almost immediately after. Several lifeforms are approaching fast...

You have about a minute to prepare before the group reaches visual range on the edge of the forest...

Map

You guys start in the Southern 3 rows of squares, the others will be coming from the North..


Female Human Glitter Girl | Bennies 3 Wounds 0 Cha +4 Parry 5 | Normal: Pace 6 Tough 5 Notice d6 | On Glitter Boy: Size 3 Pace 10 Run d10 Swim 6 Wounds 0 Tough 29 (18 MDC) Notice d6+2 | Status: Normal

Your comms become alive with Jonis sweet voice.
"Let me stand in front, so I can screen you all in case of attack. Take cover behind me"
If allowed, she will stand in front, dig her Glitter Girl, but keep the Boom Gun in the "upward" position, as for showing she is not attacking.

1 to 50 of 2,009 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Savage Rifts and the Tomorrow Legion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.