Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,839 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Crap! The godsbedamned bugs are gonna eat Ulfrec and I can't do nothing about it! I got no fire flasks or even oil. Anyone can you do anything?"

Bradan moves towards Arragh, drawing his handaxe as he goes.

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 to finish getting down


Evil GM

Bradan makes it down the tree unscathed and gracefully pulls out his handaxe ready for battle. From your vantage point you've noticed that the fly swarm has not followed you down. Although this could change at a moments notice.


Evil GM

Intitiave order:

Swarm - attack
Ulfrec - jumped from tree -1 HP
Bradan - climbed from tree

Initiative Order

Dr Tes
goblin Snakes - attacked Calain, Bron and Aggrah
Calain
Aggrah
Beorn
Bron
Poke Poke


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

fort: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Damn Gobboos... Their eyes are even beadier on snake bodies

5ft back.... evil eye dc15 Vs it's to hit


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn will start his Bard song as a Standard action(+1 Hit/Damage 6/8 rounds)


Evil GM

goblin snake will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The beady eyed reptile shakes it's head violently as it is cursed by the witch.

Beorn I will assume your move action is rowing the canoe closer to the shore line. It glides through the reeds and muck. You are now 10 feet from the shore line. the water is still mucky here and you cannot see the bottom.

Updated Battlemap

* I moved the canoe closer to the shore.
** I put Bradan on the ground by Aggrah. I forgot to move Aggrah 5 ft though.
*** Ulfrec is prone and on the ground.


Evil GM

Intitiave order:

Swarm - attack
Ulfrec - jumped from tree -1 HP
Bradan - climbed from tree

Initiative Order

Dr Tes
goblin Snakes - attacked Calain, Bron and Aggrah
Calain
Aggrah - EE the goblin snake and 5 ft step
Beorn - started to inspire courage and rowed.
Bron
Poke Poke


Evil GM

bump bump


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Does Dr Tes see the snake things yet?


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
Does Dr Tes see the snake things yet?

Does Poke Poke who is actively looking with a 22


Evil GM

Now that the goblin snakes have struck they have broken their stealth so yes you can see them.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Geri moves to Ulfrec, sniffing at and licking him.

Spotting the grotesquely headed snake creatures, he takes a defensive stance and offers a deep and throaty growl, baring gleaming white teeth.

Grrr...


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

Geri moves to Ulfrec, sniffing at and licking him.

Spotting the grotesquely headed snake creatures, he takes a defensive stance and offers a deep and throaty growl, baring gleaming white teeth.

Grrr...

Too bad Geri isn't a St. Bernard and have a touch of whiskey under it's neck to revive you.


Evil GM

Intitiave order:

Swarm - attack
Ulfrec - jumped from tree -1 HP, Geri licking face
Bradan - climbed from tree

Initiative Order

Dr Tes
goblin Snakes - attacked Calain, Bron and Aggrah
Calain
Aggrah - EE the goblin snake and 5 ft step
Beorn - started to inspire courage and rowed.
Bron
Poke Poke


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

bow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

The good Doctor fires an arrow to shore but well misses any snake goblin things.


Evil GM

Calain
Bron
Poke poke

Are up. You can go in any order.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Not much Poke Poke can do until we hit land. So I took it as my actively watching and helping the bard keep time as Poke Poke's actions this round


Evil GM

I'll give Calain and Bron a little more time before I DMPC them.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 4/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain breathed a sigh of relief. Besides not having his armor on, at least he was on land and with a decent size weapon in hand.
He chops down violently and the snake in front on him then 5 ft steps to stand adjacent to the cleric.
2 hand Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 17

[damage=2 hand PA Greatsword]2d6+3+3[/dice]
Bron! Side by Side


Evil GM

Calian your damage roll was messed up, so I DMPC's it.

damage 2 hand PA Greatsword: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8

Calian hits and causes significant damages to the goblin snake but it is still alive and fighting.


Evil GM

DMPC Bron

The cleric swing his sword at the goblin snake attacking him (N:14)

attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8;damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

he misses, then moves to L:15.


Evil GM

Initiative Order= RD 2

Swarm - Stays up near the hive at this time
Ulfrec -
Brtadan

Dr Tes
goblin Snakes
Calain
Aggrah
Beorn
Bron
Poke Poke

RD 2 Battlemap


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan leans down and delivers a chop at the goblin faced snake creature next to him and Aggrah.

Chop!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 to hit, for Slashing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 damage

"Ulfrec is down, at least the bugs are staying up near their nest for now..."


Evil GM

Bradan chops down on the goblin snake's face and injuries the creature but it is still up. (This is the one Aggrah cursed with the -2 EE to hit on it's next turn. In case I forget.)


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec dreams of being one with The Wolf Spirit, but it's too soon to die... or maybe not.

stabilize: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Geri is upset at Ulfrec's condition, and charges the nearest enemy!

atk, nearest goblin snake: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
dmg, nearest goblin snake: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Evil GM

Geri gets ahold of the goblin snake and bites it hard. The snake is still up but looks in terrible shape.


Evil GM

The goblin snakes

the one my Bradan and Geri bits back at Geri, then falls unconscious.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9;dam: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Then the two others each 5 ft step and flank Calain:

k:15
attack, flank on Calain: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22;dam: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

m:15
attack, flank on Calain: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10;dam: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Evil GM

Initiative Order= RD 2 Update

Swarm - Stays up near the hive at this time
Ulfrec - fails to stabilize, Geri hit goblin snake
Bradan - chops goblin snake
Dr Tes
goblin Snakes - attack
Calain
Aggrah
Beorn
Bron
Poke Poke

RD 2 Updated Battlemap


1 person marked this as a favorite.
2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Scottss Fitzgeralddddd! Beorn keeps rowing and singing

5/8 Rounds left


Evil GM

The canoe runs aground at J:13.


Evil GM

Initiative Order= RD 2 Update

Swarm - Stays up near the hive at this time
Ulfrec - fails to stabilize, Geri hit goblin snake
Bradan - chops goblin snake
Dr Tes
goblin Snakes - attack
Calain
Aggrah
Beorn - rows the boat and continues to inspire courage
Bron
Poke Poke

Updated Battlemap


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 4/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Rolled damage for Calain

Should have been 11 instead of 8.

Add 3 more damage for my 2 hand strength bonus (1st 3 was from PA)

Calain takes one bite to the leg and continues to focus on the snake he chopped last round.
2 handed Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 21

2 hand PA Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 + 3 = 15

Unsure with spacing if there is an adjacent snake, look here if adjacent for:
Calain CLEAVES through his first target and swings at the second.
2 handed Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 - 1 = 17

2 hand PA Damage: 2d6 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 + 3 = 11

Keep fighting Bron. This vermin can't stop us.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Nobodies dying today...not even from beady-eyed Poke-Poke cousins

Aggrah rushes over to the fallen Ulfrec and casts a CLW
clw: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Evil GM

calain puts the previously injured distant cousin of Poke Poke's down. the other goblin snake was flanking you, it is not adjacent to the first one.

Initiative Order= RD 2 Update

Swarm - Stays up near the hive at this time
Ulfrec - fails to stabilize, Geri hit goblin snake
Bradan - chops goblin snake
Dr Tes
goblin Snakes - attack
Calain - kills one goblin snake K:15
Aggrah - moves and gives cure potion to Ulfrec
Beorn - rows the boat and continues to inspire courage
Bron
Poke Poke

Updated RD 2 Battlemap


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

whats left to attack besides the swarm?


Evil GM
Bron Rilon wrote:
whats left to attack besides the swarm?

The red haloed goblin snake next to you in M:15.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Can Poke Poke do a acro check to jump out of the boat as part of his move to get to M14 and be able to attck?

Exit the voat with flare: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

As the canoe hits solid lad Poke Poke uses the momentum to sping off drawing his daggers has he does so. Poke Poke charges toward the other snake...

avoid stupid snake: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

...dancing around it as he swipes at it with one of Poke Poke's blades.

dagger: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 2 = 17
slashing dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
snk att: 1d8 ⇒ 2


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Dr. Tes tries to similarly hop out of the boat but ends up on his ass. He spews profanity.


Evil GM

Poke Poke thematically exits the canoe and slashes at the snake, causing it minimal damage. Meanwhile Dr Tes is providing a nice dry walkway for Beorn to step ashore.

Bron is up.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn puts on an improvised reenactment of the bourgeois oppressing the common man by striding over Tes.


Evil GM

DMPC Bron

The cleric takes advantage of the flanking offered by the Poke Poke and he swings his sword at the goblin snake attacking him (M:15)

attack, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14;damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

He hits the goblin snake and injuries the creature but it's still alive.


Evil GM

Initiative Order= RD 3

Swarm - Stays up near the hive at this time
Ulfrec -
Bradan -
Dr Tes
goblin Snakes -
Calain -
Aggrah -
Beorn -
Bron
Poke Poke

RD 3 Battlemap

There is only one enemy remaining on the ground. The Goblin snake (M:15) that is being flanked by Poke and Bron. the swarm hive is still up in the tree but it has not advanced towards the group.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan steps over and delivers another chopping blow on the goblin snake.

Choppity!: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26 to hit, for Slashing: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5 damage

Confirmation: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 for Critical!: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 2) + 6 = 11 damage


Evil GM

The no nonsense ranger steps over and obliterates the reaining goblin snake. After the last of the nasty creatures is dispensed of the party's attentionn turns to the threat remaing in the tree. The swarm does not attack this round they are agitated and you can assume they will attack soon. Everyone but Bradan still has actions in this round.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Does anyone have magic that can harm those bugs?


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

NO I've got nothing Aggrah looks around to see if there's an escape route away from the swarm


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 4/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

We could flip the canoe under and hide under it in knee deep water till the swarm leaves

Calain offered as his only idea.
His weapons offered little help.
Does anyone have fire?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Alas, no. If we make smoke somehow we could use it to ward them off


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"I have a torch, but that's about it. Gather as much dry-ish brush and pile it up, maybe we can use Beorns idea to keep it away from us and go back to its nest."


Evil GM

Nobody purchased oil? Surprised. always by 3 pints of oil.

Edit: I just went through everyone's character sheet and Calain does have 2 pints of oil.

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,839 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.