Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,301 to 1,350 of 1,859 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain makes it to the shore and scrambled back to the bank and picks up his Greatsword, setting a ready stance and hoping the crab turtle like thing would follow and fight on his terms.
At the very least he may have bought the Orc some time...

Come at me, beast!


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

where is the oars? Is there one or both still in the canoe?


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
where is the oars? Is there one or both still in the canoe?

Beorn would have dropped the oar in the canoe. the second oar is in the canoe.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Bron starts fumbling remembering that he had a crossbow.
Damn turtle, of all places to be this is the second worst for me to fight.

Bron drops his sword and shield and pulls out his light crossbow and fires.

Light Crossbow: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Attack: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn gets into the canoe


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke grabs one of the oars and streches it toward the water logged half-orc

Just saw he was back in the boat. LOL. The oar was to help pull him toward the boat, but incredibly funny with him in the boat.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Please try not to do that again. It gave me agita."


Evil GM

The twang of the crossbolt whizzes by Beorn's ear but thankfully it misses the bard.

The turtle-like creature's curiousity wanes and it breaks off it's attack and swims away.

What are you going to do now? Remember you have a nest you haven't checked out.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Well. That could have gone worse. Beorn, you're gonna wanna get completely dry and clean when we stop. No telling what nastiness is in the water."

Btadan coils up his rope and replaces it along with his bow in his gear.

"Who's up for some nest lootin?"

Setting his heavy gear down, Bradan starts to climb towards the aforementioned nest.

Climb, using rope: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Evil GM

Anyone else going up the tree to the nest?


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

I ain't no good at climbing trees, but... I can try. Ulfrec angles up to the base of the tree.

climb: 1d20 ⇒ 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah works best from a distance. So no climbing into the nest for her.

climbings not for me... But I'll be here to patch you up if you fall and break an arm


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Cough, Cough Cough. I think I need a warm fire and some hot cider


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain takes a moment to catch his breath after yet again, throwing himself in harm's way for this lot of strangers and half orcs he barely knew.

Truly I must be crazy
He gathers his sword and stands on the bank facing the canoe.
If you are quite done sitting on your asses while we slog through the sh!+ perhaps ONE of you would prove your worth us tolerating your laziness and going up the tree?


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

My arms and legs, just no reach...


Evil GM

Bradan's the first to start climbing and he makes easy work of it. Meanwhile, Ulfrec is having a difficult time lifting his body more than 18 inches off off the ground, his dwarf footing prefers a solid earth underfoot.

Anyone else going up.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke hearing Grumpy hollering across the water turns to the other passengers in the boat "He is always so Grumpy. He's over there yelling at the others. He was mad whe Poke Poke and the Doctor saved him from the dead longshanks too. Maybe we should head over and save the others from his Grumpiness."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Climbing and swimming are things I am not good at. Plus we all shouldn't go up the tree in case someone slips and knocks down everyone. I will stay down here


Evil GM

Bradan you pull yourself up onto tree limb and there's a medium sized hive-like structure attached thereto. There is an opening to the twig, leaf, and mud packed cocoon.

what are you doing?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Row, gentlemen, row! Grumpy humans need assistance!"


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Do I think the hive can be disconnected from the tree? Or, worst case, can the limb it's on be cut down safely?

Bradan looks at the hive, thinking about the monster bug which laired there so recently.

"I'm gonna try an knock this thing down. Get ready guys"


Evil GM

the hive is attacked with many branches and twigs but you could try to cut it off the limb. That would take quite some time to accomplish. As far as cutting the limb you could do that but it will be more than one limb that gets cut as you notice other limbs support the weight of hive. Remember this thing is big enough to fit a dwarf-sized winged insect, so it's going to weight quite a bit.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"This things glued up here tighter than a gnats b$+@~&*@. If I'm gonna go inside, I'd like some backup. Anyone fancy a climb?"

Bradan secures his rope to allow easier ascent, then waits to see if someone will come up to help.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Rope helps, I'll give it 'nother go...

climb w/rope: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Evil GM

Ulfrec squirms up the rope...huffing and puffing... but he gets up there.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

My eyes are better for this...

perception, darkvision: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Evil GM

There is an opening the hive, its large enough for a single medium sized person to crawl inside. As you get near it Ulfrec takes a peek into it, it looks constructed of limbs, sticks, twigs, leaves, and packed mud. You can make out several shards of bone on the floor and some glints of metal and as you look up inside the hive you notice a shuck of body handing upside down. There is buzzing sound of flies and insects coming from inside the hive.

What are you going to do?


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Speaking evenly, if in a low tone. Might be a critter or young in here... what I'd do for a smokestick. A body, 'r parts, too. Grizzly business.

Bradan, ya got a torch... unlit's fine or light source?


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Yeah, I can strike a torch. Gimme just a sec.

Bradan pulls another torch out and lights it, peering into the hive alongside Ulfrec.

"Gods, I hate bugs. And bug crazy magic bugs are even worse!"


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec takes the lit torch. Is that what's buggin' ya? Hehe... I'm more a wolf guy, mi'self.

Entering, the dwarf finds a nook or cranny in the "lattice work" to serve as a torch holder.


Evil GM

With the introduction of light there is an immediate reaction from the residents. Like a cloud of black dust, a swirling swarm of insects hovers in the air around a hanging carcass. The swarm reacts to the fresh meat that is placing the torch. Ulfrec you easily find a location for the torch. the torch light does catch quite a bit of metal and sparkle glints inside the hive.

swarm on Ulfrec: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6


Evil GM

Initiative order:

Swarm - move and attack
Ulfrec
Bradan


Evil GM

All those on ground or in the canoe make a perception check for me.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Gah! Swarm! Gods be damned bugs!"

Bradan slips off the branch and swings down on the secured rope.

"Ulfrec, retreat, we need help to deal with this. "

Climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Evil GM

DM Only:
stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec surmises they were attracted to the light and tosses the torch out of the opening, in the hopes the seats would follow.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Evil GM

DM PC Bron's perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

Everyone can see that Bradan is quickly vacating the branch near the hive, he begins to shimmy down the rope.

Beorn only:
You actually notice head pop out of a hole near your companions on the ground. It's head vaguely resembles Poke Poke but it's body is snake like. It is camouflaged quite well.

I'll get the next initiative up in a little bit. I need to IV some coffee into my system.


Evil GM

Ulfrec grabs and tosses the torch, hoping the swarm of flies follows, but to his dismay the swarm stays with him.

damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

the constant droning of wings is nearly deafening.

Initiative

Swarm - stack Ulfrec
Ulfrec -
Brtadan -


Evil GM

Initiative Bloody Nightmare Game:

Aggrah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Calain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Poke Poke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Dr Tes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Bron: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Beorn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

goblin snakes: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Initiative Order

Dr Tes
goblin Snakes
Calain
Aggrah
Beorn
Bron
Poke Poke


Evil GM

BattleMap

*Ulfrec and Bradan are still in the cypress tree although Bradan has begun the descent.

**the red blob on Ulfrec is the fly swarm

***Dr Tes, Poke, and Beorn are in the canoe off shore. Beorn is the only character aware of the danger of the goblin snakes that have from snuck up on the land adventurers.

****the small red haloed creatures are goblin snakes.


Evil GM

Everyone make sure your HPs are up to-date.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke stands on the bow of the canoe shouting out stroke to keep the bard on rhythm while keeping watch in the water ahead

Stoke! Stroke! Stoke! Stroke!

perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

-2 con
Hp20


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Feeling quite weak, Ulfrec decides to get out... hoping for a soft landing, as ungraceful as it may be.

climb: 1d20 ⇒ 3
acrobatics, negate 10 feet: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
fall damage 20 feet: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 status:-1 hp


Evil GM

There is a tremendous thudding sound as the dwarven druid pancakes on the ground. But never fear the sound of Stroke...Stroke, rings loudly.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beware! Several goblin heads are poking up from the ground!


Evil GM

cypress tree

Bradan you are up.

On Land/canoe

Beorn shouts a warning from the canoe but it's too late for those on the land. Popping their goblin-like heads out from the soft ground three creatures attack.

bite on flatfoot calain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6;damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

bite on flatfoot Bron: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18;damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

A third creature belches out a stench near Aggrah. Aggrah make a Fort save DC 13, if you fail you are sickened for... rds: 1d6 ⇒ 1

1,301 to 1,350 of 1,859 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.