Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


1,251 to 1,300 of 1,850 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Evil GM

I'm eagerly awaiting Beorn's fort and swim checks.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

I think the thing's nest is above us, and there is a way to climb up to it.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Beorn is improving the tale of The Pearl Diver of Korsova and The Lusty Siren.


Evil GM

Beorn's eyes and mouth are open as his head dips under the water, his arms flail wildly and his legs kick in an uncoordinated manner.

Beorn:
Your feet eventually kick something hard like shell. You manage to see a creature that resembles a cross between a turtle and a crab, with flippers instead of legs, a snapping beak, and two pincers.


Evil GM

RD 4

On Land

Skeeter - dead
Ulfrec -
Bradden -
Calain -
Aggrah -
Bron -

what are you doing now that the skeeter is dead and you've located it's nest.

Canoe

Beorn -
what lies beneath-
Poke Poke -
Dr Tes -

What are you doing?


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

We gotta help them... Rope! Ulfrec indicates the nearly capsized canoe and overboard Bard.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain moves down to the water (drawing his dagger as part of the move and drops his Greatsword on the ground just short of the waters edge and begins to wade in hip deep and thrashing about in an attempt to distract whatever is knocking the boat.
Over here Beastie! Dinner's here!


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:
We gotta help them... Rope! Ulfrec indicates the nearly capsized canoe and overboard Bard.

Agreed...priority is the bard the world won't miss a lawyer no matter how eloquent he is on important subjects like dibs and shotgun protocols ;)

all kidding aside...Aggrah scans the water intently ready to Evil Eye DC15 targeting ac vs whatever dangerous beastie is in the water


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Risk of drowning is high, 'e can't keep his mouth shut.


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:
Risk of drowning is high, 'e can't keep his mouth shut.

He's a bard...of course, he can't keep his mouth shut. :-)


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorne tries swimming again

Swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Evil GM
Beorn the Divine wrote:

Beorne tries swimming again

[dice=Swim]1d20+2

Thanks for making this entertaining.

Finger tips break the murky water then quickly disappear followed by a slew of air bubbles. The bard is not visible from the surface.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn is inspired to compose a song]


Evil GM
Beorn the Divine wrote:
Beorn is inspired to compose a song]

I just saw a great interview in the last week or so with Ringo Starr regarding that song.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec looks for a long and strong vine, to use as a rope.

survival (literally): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Evil GM

The land crew witness the bard flailing around in the water, Calain bravely enters the water trying to distract whatever lays beneath the surface. Ulfrec you do see some strong looking vines growing around the Cypress tree.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Cutting an appropriate length... Ulfrec asks Bradan to take it to waters edge and toss it to Calain.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Still oblivious to the damfer under the boat Poke Poke scolds the flailing bard

"Hey dumb dumb, now is probably not a good time to go for a swim."


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Yeah, good idea! I think I got some rope in this pack too!"

Bradan heads to the edge of the water and starts digging around for rope.


Evil GM

percentage: 1d100 ⇒ 83

1-50 = Beorn
51-75 = canoe
76-100 = Calain

Calain has something's attention.

As Calain wades out chest high into the mucky swamp water.

I need you to roll a d100. 0-25 and you step off a ridge into water over your head; otherwise you are still in wading water.

The fighter splashes in the mucky swamp water to draw attention to himself.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Blub! Blub! Blub!


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"Careful, Mr. Poke. A creature is below us and might attack us still!"


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

"You are correct Doctor, that half orc bard is a creature. You've heard his singing right?"


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
baldwin the merciful wrote:

1-50 = Beorn
51-75 = canoe
76-100 = Calain

Calain has something's attention.

As Calain wades out chest high into the mucky swamp water.

I need you to roll a d100. 0-25 and you step off a ridge into water over your head; otherwise you are still in wading water.

The fighter splashes in the mucky swamp water to draw attention to himself.

GM death by Croc?: 1d100 ⇒ 21

Ok-Let's do this!

Reflex if allowed to close mouth in time: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Swim Check to surface[/dice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Evil GM

Calain step off a ridge but is able to keep his mouth and eyes closed. He manages to get to the surface and begin to swim towards the canoe.

I'll get up a more substantive post later today.


Evil GM

Initiative Bloody Nightmare Game:

Braddan: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Aggrah: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Calain: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Poke Poke: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Dr Tes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Bron: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Beorn: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
ulfrec: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

enemies: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Initiative Order:

Aggrah
Poke Poke
Ulfrec
Beorn
Calain
Enemies
braddan
Dr Tes
Bron

The water is murky.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah says a quick prayer to Pulura in Beorns name if Beorn is not visible then Aggrah will bless Calain

ward hex:

Ward (Su) (Advanced Player's Guide pg. 67): A witch can use this hex to place a protective ward over one creature. The warded creature receives a +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saving throws. This ward lasts until the warded creature is hit or fails a saving throw. A witch knows when a warded creature is no longer protected. A witch can have only one ward active at a time. If the witch uses this ability again, the previous ward immediately ends. A witch cannot use this ability on herself. At 8th level and 16th level, the bonuses provided by this ward increase by +1.

tldr=Beorn +2ac +2saves


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

ref: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Deftly staying up right Poke Poke moves toward the back of the canoe.

"We should probably pull loud mouth back in before he gives away our position." Poke Poke says to Dr. Tes as he starts scanning the water for the wayward bard.

perc: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

"Hey Doctor there's some sort of turtle thing under here"


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Born tries to swim more 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Evil GM

Beorn breeches the surface of the water gasping for breath. The panicked bard has been enlightened with a couple near death lyrics as he scrambles to tread water. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Is Beorn withing Poke Poke's reach?


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn tries to channel the floating powers of the divine Log.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Standing near the edge of the water, Bradan tosses his rope towards the canoe.

"Give this to Beorn, if you can. You can see better in the dark than me."

Toss Rope?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 ranged attack


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
Is Beorn withing Poke Poke's reach?

low is yes: 1d100 ⇒ 88

Beorn's frantic flailing has made his drift away from the canoe and out of reach from its occupants.

Bradan tosses the rope towards the canoe and it lands within stretching range of the canoes occupants.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Wrgbbbhhhhhhhhh!


Evil GM

Enemy

Calain when you step off the ledge you feel an attempt to bite you. You feel that the creature has some sort of protective shell as it takes it's nip.

bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10;damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec looks for a place to tie the line.


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Reflexively Calain takes a breath and stabs down at the thing nipping his leg. He didn't really want to engage with it but he needed it to follow him away from the bard.

Dagger power Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 1 = 21
1 hand Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

He then back paddles, attempting to kick backwards to shore
Swim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Good thing I didn't splurge for chainmail


Evil GM

Calain strike the creature and then kicks backwards.


Evil GM

Initiative Order: RD 2

Aggrah
Poke Poke
Ulfrec
Beorn
Calain
Enemies
braddan
Dr Tes
Bron

Updated Map RD 2

The creature is still underwater. Calain you can make out the outline of the creature.

description:
the creature resembles a cross between a turtle and crab with flippers instead of legs, and snapping beak and two pinchers.

* The red and white circle is the rope that was thrown.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn tries swimming to the rope
Swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Evil GM

Beorn manages to get himself to the rope which he frantically grabs.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Feeling tension on the rope, Bradan starts to haul it in.

"Hope this is Beorn, and not a gator!"

Strength?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 to yank the bard up


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec and Geri help Bradan...


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Not a gator! Beorn orc paddles to the canoe.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec, hand over hand, with Geri biting and pulling... hauls in the corpulent crooner...


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Aggrah peers intently at the water trying to see a target for her Evil Eye (dc15 -2 attack)


Evil GM

waiting on poke, Beorn and Calain to act.

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,850 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.