Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


551 to 600 of 1,857 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Ha! That was his other plan, I think.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

He wanted to stop the fight and thought this might work. I'm fine with it not working. He's got one more plan.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM

Within the bar there a bell being rung in the front room. Outside there are louder bell being rung.

Anyone with knowledge local can make a roll.


Evil GM
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:
He wanted to stop the fight and thought this might work. I'm fine with it not working. He's got one more plan.

It was a terrific roll and I see what you are trying to do from a scene POV. It's very cinematic.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

but does Tes recognize it?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Evil GM

Tes:
You figure it's an alarm bell.


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

Weird. My posts are out of order.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

"YES! YES! GUARDS! WE NEED A HEALER! SOMEONE HAS BEEN POISONED BEFORE WE ARRIVED!"


Evil GM

RD 2 Update:

I still need Bron to make a reflex DC 15 check. Failure equates to falling in the pit.

If you succeed you end up in the following hex.
hex: 1d2 ⇒ 2
1= B:5
2= B:6

----
To conclude RD 2: The following characters still have actions to take

Calain
Bron
Beorn


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Calain hears the alarm and the Good Doctor shouting "Guards" and knew what was coming.

He drinks one of his potions of CLW before they come in, since there was no telling what was going to erupt once more swords came in.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Calain hadn't pulled a weapon yet and plenty of people had seen the other man start the fight.
Weapons away. All of you. If the thug wants a fist fight with me, I'll oblige OUTSIDE.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Know local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

slightof hand hide daggers: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 - 2 = 21

Recognizeing what the bell probably means, Poke Poke quickly makes his blades disappear, despite the painful foot.


Evil GM

Poke:
You figured the bells are alarms and guards are on their way. Your attourney skilz may be necessary cuz your going to visit the jail.


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
[Dice=slightof hand hide daggers]1d20+10 -2

You can do that on your turn.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Know-Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

It seems we might need to exit stage left! What a start to an adventure! Fugitives from....the iron fist of the law!


Evil GM

Beorn:
You are confident that you won't be spending the night in jail but there are a few members of your group that be sleeping a night off in the pen,


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

Reflex: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

Bron nearly stumbled but leaps back.

hex: 1d2 ⇒ 2


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6
Bron Rilon wrote:

[dice=Reflex]1d20-1

Bron nearly stumbled but leaps back.

[dice=hex]1d2

Haha! Ninja jumps from the Armored Turtle


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Let the wolf go unharmed and... just walk away. The dwarf is adamant.


Evil GM

Is Bron and Beorn going to take any other actions in RD 2? If not, I'll move forward with RD 3.

Plus, if anyone else has knowledge local make a roll. So far, Poke, Dr Tes and Beorn have rolled.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Ya'all still breathing, and that li'l hole in DogPuncher ain't much but a bandage wont cover. Now I reckon we all just stand down and let the law clear us. Unless ya'all are real fixated on growing feathers on the end of arrowshafts."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn goes back to check on the old man. I'll just attend to him and does anyone here have skill with healing?


Evil GM

I'm going to assume Bron is going to not do anything hostile.

Initiative Order: RD 3

Brawler -
Poke Poke -
Dr Tes -
Aggrah -
Braddan -
enemy cohorts -
Calain -
Ulfrec -
Bron -
Beorn -

RD 3 Battlemap


RD 3: Brawler

maintain and perform an action: 1d20 + 10 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 5 = 24

Boris shuffles the mutt over the pit. "I won't shove'em into the pit but everyone needs t'stop attacking me and move away from me." his eyes go from Ulfrec to Poke. "I'll safely set him free if you comply." You all can make a sense motive check if you'd like to see if Boris is willing to free Geri unharmed.

Ulfrec if you don't agree Boris drops Geri in the pit. If that occurs have Geri make a check with +4 to avoid the hazard.


Evil GM

The wizard extends an olive branch, "Your man has it right, let's all stand down, this ribbing has gotten out of hand. If Boris says he'll free your wolf, he will."


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

forgot to roll duration of the successful Cause Fear
frightened duration: 1d4 ⇒ 2

frightened:

Frightened
A frightened creature flees from the source of its fear as best it can. If unable to flee, it may fight. A frightened creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. A frightened creature can use special abilities, including spells, to flee; indeed, the creature must use such means if they are the only way to escape.

Frightened is like shaken, except that the creature must flee if possible. Panicked is a more extreme state of fear.

let go of the wolf and RUN!


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Three seconds, but I ain't goin' nowhere. Everyone else is welcome t'back off if'n they feel like.

Ulfrec holds but readies his attack.

Unharmed. Or I'll guarantee you, I'll be the one to send you t'Gorum mi'self, even if it ain't now...


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

Just back up good dwarf. If he's lying, the doors' nowhere near. There's nothing to be gained other than a hurt companion and a cold cell in continuing this. We've all halted. Let's not start again.

Calain was being quite genuine. Now that he'd had a moment to calm down, he realised Boris likely knew he was surrounded and would probably die if he killed the dog. Unless he was suicidal, he figured the bully wasn't ready for the afterlife over a barfight.
He'd had his shot at humiliating Calain and the human had taken it.
This was probably more than the bully had bargained for.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan holds his bow loosely, but does not draw an arrow just yet.

"Let im up, and maybe we kin talk about gettin' that hole in ya patched. If yer lyin', well, ye cant outrun a shaft."

Delay until after the brawler.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

sense motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Evil GM

Bron:
You are confident that the brawler is being genuine that he will let the wolf go free if everyone backs up and lowers their weapons. You also get a sense from the bar patrons that they don't necessarily trust the goblin (Poke Poke) or the dwarf and his wolf (drawing steel during a fist fight is considered a dirty trick.)


When everyone steps back and lowers their weapon the brawler maneuvers the wolf away from the pit. He lowers the wolf to the ground and release his grip. "Be gone."

He doesn't take his attention off the goblin, dwarf or the wolf. "Worked up a thrist." He steps over to table and begins to take weapons off. He mentions to the goblin and the dwarf, "Best start to lighten yer gear and give it on over to yer friends, we're gonna be sleepin' behind bars tonight." He locates a half filled goblet and gulps it down. His casualness makes it clear that he's been through this before.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke quickly slinks under table stealth: 1d20 + 17 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 17 - 2 = 19

spoiler:
he quitely hides his daggers slight of hand: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 = 28


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn keeps his blade sheathed


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

The gobbo was using small dull blades, can hardly spread butter. It's me they want.

Ulfrec puts away his axe, tending to Geri away from Boris. Finding his bruise and casting a healing spell. It's obvious, the wolf isn't pleased and doesn't understand why Boris isn't dead. But, proximity to Ulfrec keeps him calm.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Evil GM

Before I move on is anyone else going to do or say anything before the sheriff arrives.


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan is just waiting.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

If there be authorities involved, I'll need to see and speak with The honorable Mayor Walter Featherton. I work for him, official business.

He might not take likely to anything or any... one who... what's the word? Umm... "impedes," said official business by accosting persons and critters in his employ.

No offense to present counsel and I ain't good with fancy words, he spares Poke Poke a glance and smile.


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

Beorn hovers near the old man to make sure he doesn't expire


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

Aggrah stays near the old man as well while still giving the gorumite the evil eye.. Well not THE "evil eye" she just stares at him, still pissed off.

Then an idea pops into her head she yells anyone have any anti-toxin looking at Tes thinking with his "recreational pursuits" he just might

If no one volunteers any anti-toxin for the poisoned man she runs into the kitchen scoops up some charcoal from the cookfire stirs it with water and gives it to the man to drink
this will taste like guano... But I think you've been poisoned. If it was from food or drink this will help neutralize it

don't know if she had time to do all this but she'll try until she's physically stopped by the city watch.. And yes an activated charcoal slurry just might help if the poison was oral


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

Bradan draws out his healers kit and slides it to Arragh.

"Use some winterroot paste mixed with clean water and willow bark powder. That should help with your charcoal."

Heal aid another: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Healers kit 9/10 charges


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Before I move on is anyone else going to do or say anything before the sheriff arrives.

gm:
really need one more roind before the sherrif gets there. Disguisetakes an action right, lol

Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke under the table:
Poke Poke pulls out a bent wire and a strip of rag. Disguise: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


The double oak with steel trimmed font doors swing open with gusto. Standing in the middle, filling the area, is a massive minotaur holding a shining double axe. The axe shines and is razor sharp. Behind the sheriff several humans ready to charge inside the tavern.

"STOP YOUR BICKERING."

The sheriff and his squad enter the building and every patron stand straight up with their palms facing outward. The minotaur's nose twitches and he looks around. "Goblin...stop your hiding and get out from under the table."

He nods at Boris, 'hmm...figures," Your in the drunk tank for the night. "Who were you fighting with? I swear if you weren't my weren't married to cousin I'd kill you myself."


"The goblin drew steel, the dwarf and his wolf took it up a notch with steel. The rest of 'em are alright." He nods towards Calain.


Evil GM

The wizard speaks up, "We had restraint, even when the steel came out."


2Condamage Half-Orc Bard3HP(1)30/30/Init+5F+3R+4W+3Per5AC13T11FF12

This old man passed out! He seems in bad shape even though I tended to him.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Ulfrec raised his empty hands, palms forward.

He threatened my brother, ain't no way to tell if he's foolin' or intending t'kill us. All I did was ask him to come closer, because of the noise... I asked him if he was local.

We... have a contract with Mayor Featherton, just gathering information, before turning in.

But, someone tried to poison that man there, and we were trying to save good life. Don't know who he is. He indicates with a toss of his head.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Korg, minotaur wrote:

"Goblin...stop your hiding and get out from under the table."

Poke Poke comes out from under the table wearing the a wire bent and twisted to look spectacles and a dirty rag tied around his resembling a neck tie. He walks up to the minotar "Thanks the gods you arrived Mr. Long Horns. These long shank ruffians attacked my clients as they attend to the ailing old elder over there. Oh, where are my manners... Poke Poke fish a small tattered piece of paper out of his pocket and hands it toward the minotar ...Poke Poke, Esquire, Barrister and Attorney at law.

The paper has a picture of what looks like circular face with pointy teeth and long triangles for ear next roughly childish looking set of scales.

prof barrister: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"My clients had no choice but to defend themselves. As for steal I feared for my life. Look what that one did to my foot with his vile spells. Even then it was just my teeth file. Poke Poke says as he points at thr cleric, then his foot, then pulls his teeth file out and presents it to the large bull.

551 to 600 of 1,857 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.