Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This my new low level PF 1 game. I will be combining aspects of a homebrew game with published material. It is set in the country of Nirmathas.

Welcome to my Bloody Nightmare.


501 to 550 of 1,850 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Initiative Order: RD 1

Brawler - Punches Calain in the face
Poke Poke - stabbed at the wizard
Dr Tes - tired diplomacy
Aggrah - Evil eye vs saves
Braddan - stood up pulled weapon, 5ft step back, defensive position
enemy cohorts - guards moved and used saps, casters focused on Poke
Calain - tired an uppercut
Ulfrec
Bron
Beorn - moved and started inspired courage +1att/dam

Ulfrec and Bron have actions in RD 1.

Other than Poke Poke and Calain's action everyone has used nonlethal damage attacks and spells.

Updated RD 1 Map


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

In Calain's defence, he is wearing Cesti. Normally he'd be happy to remove them for a fair fist fight, but since the other guy swung first he is reacting to being attacked. He fully intends to stop if the other guy gives up or is dropped.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Perception, ring: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Evil GM

Ulfrec it's an iron ring that all you're able to make out now.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Geri... Attack! Ulfrec points to the big man.

GM about Geri:
Can Geri go around, under the table? Also, I'd like have Ulfrec shield, but if you rule it's not possible, that's fine.

Ulfrec moves between his allies, hefting his battle axe. You threatened me and me'brother. Law of nature says I can defend myself.

Geri, attack Boris, bite, flank: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
Geri, damage Boris, bite: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Geri, trip Boris, bite, flank: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Ulfrec, attack Boris, axe, flank?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Ulfrec, damage Boris, axe, flank?: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

mucho lamo, wasted Nat 20


Ulfrec sends his wolf in to attack but the bite misses. Yes she can get around tables and it will cost her an additional 10 ft of movement if she is going under the table since she will have to get through two sets of chairs. What hex is he attacking from, I'm assuming A:9 if you want flank?

The sound of steel swishes through the air as the axe misses.
Where is Ulfrec moving, I assume A:7?

Note: if Ulfrec moves to A:7 and geri moves to A:9 to get the flank the brawler will get an AOO on Geri?

"Bringin' steel to a fistfight? KILL 'EM BOYS!

AOO on Geri, punches the mutt: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22;lethal damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Positioning is correct. Geri can easily go under the table... His move is 50' and AoO is from the square you are leaving (under the table) so maybe Boris can't? Or get cover, unsure. He has Mobility, so AC 19. Next time will try Acrobatics.


Evil GM

Bron you it's your turn.


Evil GM
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:
Positioning is correct. Geri can easily go under the table... His move is 50' and AoO is from the square you are leaving (under the table) so maybe Boris can't? Or get cover, unsure. He has Mobility, so AC 19.

He'd get 2 for soft cover as he's getting some help from the table/chairs.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:
Positioning is correct. Geri can easily go under the table... His move is 50' and AoO is from the square you are leaving (under the table) so maybe Boris can't? Or get cover, unsure. He has Mobility, so AC 19.
He'd get 2 for soft cover as he's getting some help from the table/chairs.

OK, it's a hit. 5 damage.


Evil GM

With the sound of steel the spectator patrons seek a wider berth and safety.

Updated RD 1 Map

*I've zoomed in to enlarge the map.
**I've moved Geri and Ulfrec

Bron has his RD 1 action remaining.


Male Human Cleric AC: 16/9/16, Saves: 4/-1/5 Initiative: -1 Hit Points (8/17) Cleric of Ioemdae 1

While the brawl has been going on Bron pulled out his Iron holy symbol and mumbled under his breath and after a few gestures, a wave of magic erupts from him.

Bathe in Iemodae's power!

All party members feel a surge of courage.

Bless:
Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

lol will save what will

will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Evil GM

Poke succeeds on both of his Will saves.

Bron washes his companions with a holy blessing.


Evil GM

Initiative Order: RD 2

Brawler -
Poke Poke -
Dr Tes -
Aggrah -
Braddan -
enemy cohorts -
Calain -
Ulfrec
Bron
Beorn -

RD 2 Battlemap


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Poke succeeds on both of his Will saves.

lol Poke Poke succeeded on the will saves but missed flat footed attack. Crazy


Evil GM

I have a busy morning, I will try to get the brawler's action up befroe noon ET. If I don't then it won't get posted till late afternoon.


Evil GM
Poke Poke wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Poke succeeds on both of his Will saves.

lol Poke Poke succeeded on the will saves but missed flat footed attack. Crazy

FF was 15. Mage armor helps.


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Poke Poke wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:

Poke succeeds on both of his Will saves.

lol Poke Poke succeeded on the will saves but missed flat footed attack. Crazy
FF was 15. Mage armor helps.

still funny


Evil GM

Ugggg, it was a hectic day. I should be able to get the Brawler's action up in the next hour or so.


RD 2: Brawler

The rugged alley fighter acknowledges he's about to get overwhelmed by multiple opponents so he attempts to use his gappling abilities to take down the mutt.

grapple on mutt: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

His meaty hand snatches the Geri as the two of them get the grappled condition.


Evil GM

The following characters can take their actions:

Poke Poke -
Dr Tes -
Aggrah -
Braddan -


"Don't worry boy, I ain't gonna kill yer mutt as long as you put the steel away." He growls at Ulfrec. "Otherwise, I snap 'is neck like a chicken."

There is a nice Grapple Flow Chart on d20pfsrd if you want to look at actions and penalties.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Brandishing his battleaxe... I'll split you from sternum to scrotum. Release him and move away in good faith, if you wanna live!

It's a free action to release the grapple.


Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:

Brandishing his battleaxe... I'll split you from sternum to scrotum. Release him and move away in good faith, if you wanna live!

It's a free action to release the grapple.

"That you may but not b'fore WE 'ear that crunchin' sound of brittle bone snapp'n"


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Geri, hear me boy... ATTACK! The rest of you, kill 'em all!


Favored Enemy (human) +2; Second Wind 1/2 HP 17/26, AC 17 / T 13 / FF 14 // Fort +5 / Ref +6 / Will +2 Initiative +3, Perception +7 Longbow +7 (1d8+3), Glaive-guisarme +5 (1d10+3)

"Well, I was about to play nice, but you dont go an threaten a man's dog like that."

Dropping his club, Bradan slides his longbow to hand, smoothly drawing and releasing the arrow in one motion at the brawler who just grabbed Geri.

Longbow, Bless, Bardic Performance, Point Blank Shot, Deadly Aim, Favored Enemy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 to hit, for 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 piercing damage


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

Poke Poke darts from the table acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 straight toward the human holding the dog. Stabbing at the human
dagger: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 14
slashing dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
snk att: 1d8 ⇒ 3

"If anyone is going to eat the dog its us.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6
Poke Poke wrote:

Poke Poke darts from the table [dice=acrobatics]1d20+9 straight toward the human holding the dog. Stabbing at the human

[Dice=dagger] 1d20 + 5 +1 +2
[Dice=slashing dmg]1 d3 - 1
[Dice=snk att] 1d8

"If anyone is going to eat the dog its us.

Are you missing a +1/+1 atk/dam from Bardic?


Poke Poke tumbles out of his threatened area in order to come to the mutt's defense. His stab misses. Are you going to B:7 or B:8 or to (-A:8 or B:9 to move more than 10 ft)? If you need to more than 10 ft to get the sneak attack then you beat one defenders CMD but you do not beat the brawler's CMD for AOO

Bradan releases an arrow that finds it's mark. "Don't whine latter that yer mutt's been kilt. Gave you a chance."

Dr Tes and Aggrah are up.

Edit: Poke - I moved you to B:8. I added the +1 BP to your roll. You are now flanked with the Bralwer and the cleric. The Brawler has the grappled condition: -4 Dex (which takes 2 off his AC), he does not get AOO. Even with a 15 attack, you missed.

Mapping: This was a pdf'd map that I moved into maptools. I'm not sure why maptools will not overlay a grid on this map. Without the grid it makes the coordinates harder to follow.


HP 14/26 AC 14/ T 12/ FF 12/ F+4/ R+4/ W+5/CMD 11, Init +2, Perc +6, Height 5'6, swim +1

normally would prefer to land a successful evil eye vs saves before casting a spell but afraid if I wait it'll be too late for wolfie

Aggrah casts

Cause Fear dc15:
Cause Fear
School necromancy [emotion, fear, mind-affecting]; Level antipaladin 1, bard 1, bloodrager 1, cleric/oracle 1, inquisitor 1, psychic 1, shaman 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, witch 1; Domain death 1; Subdomain daemon 1, fear 1; Bloodline abyssal 1

CASTING

Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S

EFFECT

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one living creature with 5 or fewer HD
Duration 1d4 rounds or 1 round; see text
Saving Throw Will partial; Spell Resistance yes

DESCRIPTION

The affected creature becomes frightened. If the subject succeeds on a Will save, it is shaken for 1 round. Creatures with 6 or more HD are immune to this effect. Cause fear counters and dispels remove fear.

hoping to save the wolf before its too late.... Soft hearted particularly when it comes to animals


Evil GM

Will save versus fear: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 2 = 1

*he made his previous Will save but I think that just shortens his duration for 1 round.


Evil GM

Dr Tes you are up.


Evil GM

Initiative Order: RD 2 Update

Brawler - grapples Geri
Poke Poke - charged and attacked brawler but missed
Dr Tes -
Aggrah - successful caused fear in Brawler
Braddan - hit brawler with an arrow for 9 HP
enemy cohorts -
Calain -
Ulfrec
Bron
Beorn -


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30
Ulfrec Aesgrim wrote:


Are you missing a +1/+1 atk/dam from Bardic?

just dmg. Bless and inspire are the same bonus type so only one applies. The +2 was for charge because I thought I was 10 feet away.


Evil GM

Dr. Tes can take his action when he logs in.

The mercenary fighting Beorn attacks the bard again. "jus be quiet and go to sleep."

sap: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20;nonlethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

he steps back 5 ft after he attacks. (A:10)

The other mercenary holds his action.
----
Gorumite Cleric: on Poke Poke

"Club foot my enemy." The energy of the priest flows with his touch.

DC 14 Will save. Failure equals -2 Dex ability score for 3 days.

disfiguring touch:

Saving Throw: Will negates; Spell resistance: yes

With a touch, you cause the victim of this spell to suffer a painful curse that causes it to grow hideously disfigured.

The physical appearance of the deformity is subject to the caster’s whim (most demon worshipers choose deformities that reflect their Abyssal patron’s shape or form). The target takes one of the following penalties.

–2 decrease to an ability score (minimum 1).
–2 penalty on attack rolls or saving throws.
Land speed reduced by 5 feet.

You may also invent other effects, but they should be no more powerful than those described above.

-----
Wizard:

The wizard rubs his fingers together as a pinch of dirt falls to the ground. A large (10 foot wide by 10 foot deep) pit opens under Calain, Bron, and Ulfrec's feet.

DC 15 reflex save lets you leap out of the way.

Updated Map


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

reflex DC 15, pit, +2 hardy: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15


Evil GM

The floor falls away from under Ulfrec's feet and he leaps to stable ground.

hex Ulfrec moves to: 1d2 ⇒ 2
1=B:7
2=B:6

Ulfred makes it to B:6 safely.

I'll update the map later.


Evil GM

Updated RD 2 Map

*I moved Ulfrec to the hex he managed to scramble to.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

You can slow me down... bu' I am inevitable, as the seasons and time!

Ulfrec steps in, raising his axe.

attack Boris, battleaxe, flank, bless, inspired: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 23
damage Boris, battleaxe, 2-handed, inspired: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

Geri growls, twisting and turning trying to gain purchase. Finally, he ducks, biting at the brawler's groin.

attack Boris, bite, flank, bless, inspired, grappled: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 16
damage Boris, bite, inspired: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Male Goblin unchained rogue (knife master, scout) 3 Init 4 AC19/T16/F14, Perc +5, Stelth +18 Saves F+3/R+7/W+0, HP 30/30

dagger AoO on the cleric: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
slashing dmg: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

will: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

taking damage while casting a spell:
Injury
If you take damage while trying to cast a spell, you must make a concentration check with a DC equal to 10 + the damage taken + the level of the spell you’re casting. If you fail the check, you lose the spell without effect. The interrupting event strikes during spellcasting if it comes between the time you started and the time you complete a spell (for a spell with a casting time of 1 full round or more) or if it comes in response to your casting the spell (such as an attack of opportunity provoked by the spell or a contingent attack, such as a readied action).


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Poke Poke - Confirm critical :) More stabby stab goodness!


Evil GM

concentration check for being injuried during casting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

vs. DC 14: 10+ dam(2)+ SL 2= 14


Male Human Fighter 2/Titan Mauler1 HP: 20/27 AC19/12/17, F7/R2/W1, Perception: +6, Init:+2; CMD:18; CMB+6

DC15 Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Calain feels the tremor just as the ground begins to fall away and leaps for all he is worth.
Casters!

This was quickly getting out of hand but he noted they hadn't pulled steel yet.
He yells at Boris, Stand down and I'll get them to stop. Nobody has died yet.


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Dang! Some strong and weird deja vu, folks! Like I read these exact posts a long time ago. Calain trying to parley triggered it.

Hush, brother... shn't k'p Gorum waitin'!


M Elf Rogue (Discretion Specialist) 3

intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Tes climbs up on a table and screams in fury.
"ENOUGH! THIS MAN IS DYING! MEASURE YOUR GODSDAM PECKERS SOME OTHER TIME, YOU BRUTISH BUFFOONS!"


Male Dwarf Druid 3 (Wolf Shaman) HP 18/29, AC19/T12/F17, Saves F+6/R+3/W+5, Perc +8, Init +6

Forgot, if the Bite hits with 16... Free Trip

trip attempt vs Boris, grappled, flanked, bless, inspired: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 - 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8

Glad we got that out of our system.


Evil GM

This is one lucky group of PCs. The dice God is favoring you.

Calain jumps to safety just as the floor gives way.

hex: 1d2 ⇒ 1

1= -B:6
2= -B:7

the brawler responds to Calain calmly, clearly this is a situation he feels pretty comfortable being in. 'When the sherriff...Korg...that big ole minatoaur comes in, you'll h've explainin' the steel...fools. Lots of witnesses ta' yer actions."

----

Ulfrec's steps up and hit with his battle axe. Then his wolf gets a bite in the grappled brawler. The trip is unsuccessful.

The wolf and brawler each still have the grappled condition.

The brawler is injured but he still looks like he has plenty of life in his body.


Evil GM
Dr. Zestelim Tes wrote:

Tes climbs up on a table and screams in fury.

"ENOUGH! THIS MAN IS DYING! MEASURE YOUR GODSDAM PECKERS SOME OTHER TIME, YOU BRUTISH BUFFOONS!"

I'm unsure at what you are trying to do here? Trying to influence opponents attitudes to stop fighting takes 1 minute of conversation. If you are trying to target on individual who are you going target.


Evil GM

Initiative Order: RD 2 Update

Brawler - grapples Geri
Poke Poke - charged and attacked brawler but missed
Dr Tes - intimidates?
Aggrah - successful caused fear in Brawler
Braddan - hit brawler with an arrow for 9 HP
enemy cohorts - attack
Calain -
Ulfrec - attacks and hits brawler
Bron
Beorn -

Updated Map RD 2

501 to 550 of 1,850 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Baldwin the Merciful's Bloody Nightmare All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.