Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


451 to 500 of 1,237 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"I'm fairly good at lying so sure, we can try that. Do we know who would inspect this place?

But if nothing else it might well cause a bit of distraction as others try and sneak in"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6
Pellius Aulamaxa wrote:

Sorry about the delay. Also, Pellius can cast that drowsyness spell on groups of guards to decrease their perception rolls. Something to keep in mind.

Pellius nods at Adonara with a confused look on his face.

"Yes, I still have it... mostly in case we got stopped on the streets. Why?" He pulls it out as he says this.

“You’re about to be promoted, or whatever the appropriate spatial metaphor is for the infernal hierarchy,” Adonara quips. She considers remotely plausible candidates and commissions. “Say, a newly-appointed special liaison between the Lord Mayor’s office, the dottari, and the groups of concerned citizens of Kintargo. Your visit today, an assessment of various institutions’ – here, the Holding House, the House of Truth and Clarity – capacity, in anticipation of greater demand.”

“I could supply a suitable name, if it wouldn’t put you on the outs with your family to embarrass another noble house,” she adds, with a wicked smile. If he takes me up on it, Velasca’s going to hate me. Well, hate me more, anyway.

“In any case, you, your colleague Master So-and-so, and your efficient assistant Miss Such-and-such introduce themselves,” Adonara continues, taking up Kira’s suggestion. “Meanwhile, if we don’t mind stirring up a fuss, the rest of us will sneak in through the back door in the fenced yard. We seem to have just had a change of guard, and we might be able to barricade some of them into their break-room in one of the outbuildings first. Then, we try to meet you, Lodoro, and Kira working further in while we work our way back out, keeping as subtle as we can until we can join forces, and then unleashing utter chaos. Perhaps?”

Just another idea, if it’s not too confusing and doesn’t split the party too much. Basically, half of us try to talk their way in as far as they can, the other half to sneak, with the plan to regroup as soon as possible once we’re in. All hell will inevitably break loose, but hopefully we’ll have surprise on our side. That’s assuming we can just hop/climb the fence without too much trouble.
Alternatively, if we’re not too suspiciously large a group, I don’t mind trying the half-way to diplomatic approach with all of us until we at least see what’s inside. Just trying to minimize twiddling of thumbs for the less socially-inclined characters in a medium that makes it trickier to split the spotlight in a way that doesn’t drag a bit more than in face-to-face.


Ok if we're going with the bluff/sneak approach can I first of all have a sneak check by the part of the group that are sneaking


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius raises an eyebrow.

"Could work... one problem. If any of them know me, they will know that I am both not a dottari (or similar bootlick) and not a fan of the current administration. I will grant that it is entirely likely that no one will know me there... but I have been recognized before, and this would be the worst time."

He is referring to his famous class feature. There are about 1k people within the city who know him... Granted he gets a +1 on bluff and intimidate as a result... but still.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

I should have mentioned – the perils of posting late at night – that I have no objection to waiting patiently in reserve if we want to do this more John le Carré than Ian Fleming. But if no one’s got an objection to making a mess…

“True. I don’t suppose you happen to have any stage make-up on you? I’m afraid I left my paints and patches in my boudoir this morning.” Anyone trained in Disguise? Worst-case, Adonara’s got a hood that could probably be pinned and worn as a sort of scarf to break up our leading man’s profile, I guess. I should add an official courtesan's kit to my shopping list.

“Alternatively, perhaps Lodoro could be our invented liaison, taking the opportunity of a review of the prisons to show you, influential fellow that you are, the error of your ways, and the sorts of dangerous elements that Thrune is keeping Kintargo safe from.” The lie comes easily to Adonara’s lips – too easily, a hint of facetiousness creeping in that would give the game away. The curse of a base 2 skill points/level! ;)


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

I actually do have a couple points of disguise with a +3 skill.
Could it be used to help someone else disguise?

Rutilus nods, "The plan has merit. If a few of us sneak in the rear while the rest distract up front we may be able to free the prisoners without their notice. If those who are distracting have get into a bind, this place doesn't look too big that we can't get into a position to assist quickly."

Rutilus has no issue with standing by on the grassy knoll in reserve either.

Stealth if needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius does have ranks in disguise, but not anything that would aid with it like a kit or whatnot.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

"If Pellius might be recognized, maybe it should just be Lodoro and me at the front door then. He could always sneak around back with the rest of you. That seems simpler than trying to disguise him, and simple seems best in this situation."

Downside of doing the prison break first; we have to plan it. Sorry GM that this is taking so long.


That's fine, don't want to rush you guys


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius shrugs, thinking. Sneaking isn't exactly my forte either... I probably have a better chance of bluffing my way through the guards than trying to get around them without being seen.

Shaking his head at his own thoughts, he holds up a hand.

"Give me a few moments. I probably have a better chance of bluffing my way through the front door truthfully... just give me a few minutes to head back and get a more convincing costume. Would anyone else need something? We have those chests of clothing we found in the nest. I might be able to get more convincing clothing for anyone else."

If anyone else would want something, I can fiat that I brought it back with me.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

"I think I'm as ready as I'm likely to be, barring time to pray for new blessings from the goddess," Adonara says, shaking her head.

"We'll be fine waiting, don't worry," she adds, kindly. Take your time, of course. I don't think a disguise kit is as necessary for effective use as thieves' tools or some uses of the Heal skill, though? I think it might be the sort of handwavy thing that of course Adonara has at least a basic compact somewhere on her person, and actors a bit of make-up putty in their pockets. :)

Also, since Rutilus has rolled, why don't I just make a Stealth roll for Adonara too, for when the time comes? Tricksy elveses: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"I do happen to have a disguise kit on me, so we can definitely make sure that you're not noticed Pellius. So, is that the plan? The 3 of us go in the front door, you wait a little and then sneak in the back?"

Yup, disguise kit is on my gear list :-)

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

In one!


OK, so could I get a breakdown of who is in which group and for the stealthy group could I get stealth rolls from those who haven't rolled yet.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius nods and returns with an armful of various black and red garments of various fashions and sizes.

"Plenty of stuff to pick from. Lodi can attest that red does not look particularly good on me, but a few accents," he pulls out a shoulder sash and a red trimmed black cloak, "will help sell the base black garment." So saying, the bard quickly dons an outfit that would look fashionable in any Chelish noble's home. The chain shirt he openly wears over the shirt, but under the red sash going across the shoulder. Upon it, he pins the infernal crest of the Dotarri previously confiscated, it sitting openly above his heart. Finished, he looks at Lodoro. "I will leave it up to you, old bean. If you think I can pass as not myself I will forgo your make-up. If not, apply away."

Pellius is going with the disguised group.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

"Alright. So Lodoro, Pellius, and I will go up to the front door and try to distract as many of them as possible. If we do really well, we might even be able to talk them into giving us a tour of the grounds. Meanwhile Adonara, Rutilus, and Baolo will sneak around the back."

Kira looks around to see if anyone has any last objections, then starts heading to the front door with the rest of the distraction group.

Kira is ready to start Plan Prison Break.


Baolo stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

unknown perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9


Adonara, Baolo and Rutilus you manage to get to the fence without being seen/heard.

Kira, Lodoro and Pellius you go up to the main door and knock. After a few moments the door is opened by a young human male, dressed in the clothes of the Chelish Citizen Group Thugs.He looks slightly drunk and not quite with it.

"Yeah, what do you want?"


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

The adventurous innkeep moves rather stealthily for a man of his size and weighted as he was with his armored coat. Once in position, he waits a short length of time to let the other group pull the attention of anyone in the compound and Rutilus to see what he could do with the gate. Baolo keeps his hand gripped on the pommel of his sheathed weapon, the tankard normally held in hand instead secured on a hook hanging form his belt.


For the stealthy group

You can hear the sounds of light snoring coming from the room to the east (d7)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

The bard looks around as they approach, seeing if anything strikes him as noteworthy.

Percpetion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

As the guard answers, Pellius levels his most imperious glare at the man, holding his gaze until the silence is almost awkward.

"You had best rectify whatever inbred errors are lodged within your skull, dog, and learn to recognize your superiors on sight."

Turning to Kira, he bows apologetically. "My deepest apologies for this offense. If you demand it I will see to it personally that he is branded and sent to the capital to toil in whatever pit you deem appropriate."

Turning back to the man. "What is your name, worm? And where is your captain that I might put you on report for," he sniffs, "drinking, disrespecting a noble, and treason?"

Bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Disguise: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 2 = 20 Adding a +2 for circumstances given the disguise, feel free to adjust that as you see fit.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus hearing the snoring and no other alarm else lets out a breath he was holding. "So far so good." He thinks while whispering to the others, "Obviously a bunkhouse, do you think its the guards or the prisoners?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Wait, what?! I thought...but he...now I’m the noble?!

Praying she doesn’t look as confused as she feels, Kira puts on an imperious look.

”You can hardly be blamed for another’s poor manners.” She looks the guard up and down with a cold expression on her face. ”We’re here for a surprise inspection of these facilities. With the expected increase in prisoners, it’s important to be certain everything is secure.”

She sniffs dismissively. ”I will say you’re not starting off well.”

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Ha! You’re naturals, you two! You’ll have their heads spinning in no time. :)

Slipping into the shadows cast by some of the compound’s angles, Adonara waits with Baolo and Rutilus for the others’ knock on the door and the sound of conversation. To Rutilus’ question, she whispers back, “I definitely saw some guards going in and out, whoever else’s in there.”

As the displeasure of Pellius’ persona spreads into the street and beyond, Adonara stifles a grin and takes a closer look at where the fence joins the wall of the outbuilding in which some of the guards are sleeping.

Thank goddess for pointy-toed boots, she thinks, knowing it will make it easier to climb the chain-link fence. Gesturing for a boost, she makes the best use of the corner too, to brace herself, and tries to scramble up and over the fence, dropping down onto the other side of the yard. Climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 I’m not sure what the DC would be (chain-link ~ very rough wall, and a corner?), and if she could get a bonus from one of the guys. If all that's enough, it still won't be as pretty as Adonara would like.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

As Adonara starts to climb over the fence, Rutilus cups his hands together to help push her over the fence. climb aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 He then turns to Baolo, "Need a lift?" before assisting him over the fence as well. climb aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 He then makes his own way over the fence climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22. Once they are all on the other side, he whisper, "Should we peek in the bunk house?" Rutilus then gestures to the coil of rope hanging from his back. "If it just guards we can tie the door shut locking them in and preventing them from helping"

Sorry Baolo ... apparently you're too heavy for me to assist


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro was ready to say something if he thought either Pellius or Kira slipped a little. But
"Wow, they both really nailed it!! At this point, I think that anything I say would more likely go amiss than help"

Lodoro just leans on his glaive, glaring menacingly at the guards.

Hopefully I don't need to roll. If I do
bluff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


[i]Adonara, Rutilus and Baolo you manage to climb over the fence easily, in the distance you can hear the sounds of Kira and Pellius talking at the front door.

Meanwhile back at the front door...

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12


The thug at the door, seems completely flummoxed, it appears that such decision making is entirely above his pay grade, without quite knowing what to do he leads you inside.

"Sorry sir, ma'am. The prisoners are causing no trouble. Please come with me and I will take you to Kossrani, he will be more suitable to discuss the situation with.

He leads Kira, Lodoro and Pellius further into the salt works, you pass an area (D5) which he explains is where the prisoners are being kept. You quickly count the inhabitants and apart from the thug leading you there are another 5 thugs in the building. The doorman leads you to a red haired middle aged dwarf wearing a shield and carrying a heavy mace.

"The lad tells me you are here as part of an inspection?"


Images updated


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Kira steps forward, cold look still on her face. (Although she’s relieved to be talking to someone closer to her own height!)

”Yes, we are. We’re expecting to make a large number of arrests soon; there are far too many people rebelling against our Lord-Mayor’s proclamations. To that end, we need to know if facilities like this one can handle the influx. How many prisoners do you currently have? How many guards? We’ll need a tour to see how each area is currently being used so we can decide where to make improvements. We’ll also need the guards to line up for inspection.”

Asmodean symbol on his shield, another around his neck...

She looks up at Pellius and says in Infernal,

Infernal:
”I wasn’t going to insist on the inspection, but if they're drinking on duty...” She shakes her head. ”If these guards aren’t competent enough, we’ll have to replace them. Although this one at least seems to be a dedicated servant of our Lord.”

If he speaks Infernal, that should help sell the ruse. Even if he doesn’t, he’ll probably recognize it. I never thought I’d be grateful to have this language in my head!

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6
Rutilus Rathgan wrote:
Once they are all on the other side, he whisper, "Should we peek in the bunk house?" Rutilus then gestures to the coil of rope hanging from his back. "If it just guards we can tie the door shut locking them in and preventing them from helping"

“Sounds good,” Adonara whispers back. She pads over to the door of the bunkhouse, and tries to sneak a peek inside to see if it’s just guards, or who else. She’ll peer through a keyhole or the like for preference, but if necessary she’ll try to imperceptibly edge the door open a crack.

Stealth and Perception rolls, if necessary:
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Especially if there’s only guards in there, Adonara will help Rutilus tie the door shut, if possible. Otherwise, if there’s anything like a bunch of barrels in the yard that they could move over relatively quickly and quietly to barricade the door, they could try that, before poking about the door into the main building (at D3).


Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Kossrani is completely taken in by Kira's bluff he takes you round and you see that there are 6 prisoners being held in area D5.

Meanwhile Adonara you are able to look through the keyhole and see 2 thugs asleep in rough hammocks


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Holy cow, the plan looks like it may actually work :-). That NEVER happens :-)


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius shakes his head.

Infernal:

"If this is the 'quality' of the guards we have available we would be better off outsourcing to the Hellknights or to those thrice damned Grey Maidens."

Without further word he follows the dwarf on their tour, taking note of positions and then the prisoners.

"So this is where you keep your prisoners? How much room do you have for more? And how do you keep them... behaved?"


"Well if we turn off the furnace we can hold maybe another 50 in that room. Of course that would be in extreme circumstances, the majority will be transferred to the main prison within the next 1-2 days."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira nods. "Hopefully it won't come to that. If we're able to gather up the worst of the agitators, the rest of the citizenry should calm down. You should be able to handle the number we're expecting without turning off the furnace, provided you have enough guards."

"Speaking of which, have all the guards gather in the front room for a brief inspection." She pauses, then adds in the tone of one making a generous concession, "Only the ones who are currently on duty. Interrupting the others' rest could lead to them being inattentive later; we certainly don't want that."

I took the liberty of moving the three of us into D1.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Hearing Adonara mention sleeping guards, Rutilus pulls out his rope and works to tie the door shut. With a nod to the others, Rutilus quietly heads over to the other door and listens to make sure they don't mess up their group's ruse.

If he hear's nothing:
He slowly opens the door a crack/looks through the keyhole making sure no one is there. He then gives a signal letting the others know its clear.

stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
disable device if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

lets hope that disable device check isn't needed


Rutilus you are able to tie the room shut.

At your orders Kira Kossarani orders the thugs to line up in the main hallway.

"Two of our number are currently sleeping in the outhouse, having just gone off duty, do you want me to get them ma'am?


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

"No, that's not necessary. I just want to see how the guards that are on duty are comporting themselves." Casting a cold look at the one who answered the door earlier, she adds, "And whether there's been more than one drinking instead of working."


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

I'm assuming if they all lined up in D1 I hear nothing from D3 and can confirm that visually?


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius taps the hilt of his sword as the other guards on duty are summoned.

"I hope that is not the case, for their sakes." Turning to the captain, he points to the drunken guard.

"Can you really say that he is in any state to properly defend against anyone, inside this facility or outside it?" Before either the captain or the man himself can answer, he shakes his head, disgusted. "If it were up to me he would be punished on the spot. Instead, I have a proposition. Have him spar against my friend here." He indicates Lodoro with his other hand. "If he is able to get him to yield, he keeps his position. If not... well, I do not think I need to go into the penalties for ineptitude yet, now do I?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Rutilus you can see through the crack of the door that the thugs have left the back and have moved towards the front.

Kossarini looks at Pellius.

"You are right of course, my lord, please accept my apologies, I will ensure that this man is punished for disobeying orders. I think it may be best if he does not fight your man, he would be no good as a guard if he is damaged."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira understands what Pellius wants to do, but worries insisting on the spar would be too suspicious. "Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but unnecessary." Kira looks again at the guard. "Kossarini has a point. Even the most controlled spar can sometimes get out of hand. Besides, if any of these people had a chance of defeating Lorenzo, then I'd be the one in the market for new guards." Hopefully that name's okay; it's common enough.

"While drinking on duty is obviously inappropriate, we should leave it to the man's commanding officer to decide his punishment. For all we know, this could be a one-time offense from an otherwise exemplary guard. We're here to inspect the place, not take command of it." She leans closer to Pellius, and speaks once again in Infernal.

Infernal:
"Continuing to insist on punishing the man ourselves, even under the guise of a spar, would erode the chain of command here. I believe Kossarini will discipline him appropriately. For now, focus on what we came here to do."

She walks up to the nearest guard. "You there. What's your name? How long have you served as a guard, either here or elsewhere?" While waiting for an answer, she takes out the blank journal she carries and begins jotting down notes.

Yes, Kira does plan to ask similar questions of every single guard in line. Possibly engaging them in further conversation if any of them says anything interesting :)


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius looks like he is about to tear into the captain for his answer but bites his tongue at Kira's response. Bowing to her deferentially, he meekly speaks to her in Infernal.

Infernal:

"As you command, m'lady. I meant no offense to your excellency and did not mean to overstep my bounds."

As she approaches each guard, he orders the guard in the fashion of a military drill sergeant. "You. One pace forward... march!" As they pop forward, he does an inspection of his own while she asks questions, looking at the condition of their uniform, equipment, pointing out each discrepancy found to Kira in common so that she can jot it down in her journal. Once she is done with questions and moving to the next he orders the original guard to, "About... face! One pace forward... march! About... face." before repeating the process on the next guard in line.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Oh, it should be mentioned that he will also tell Kira about any sloppy movements in response to his calls. Good order and discipline and whatnot...

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Great work, folks! I find myself trying to think of good music for a heist to provide a mental soundtrack to this bit. :)

As Rutilus checks the door into the main building, Adonara whispers a heads-up to both him and Baolo to reduce the number of surprises when things get delightfully chaotic. “Just so you know – once we start trying to sneak the prisoners out – I might be able to make it easier for one, or maybe two, even if we get spotted. Kind of like a blessing to cheat the eye, only ... less so. To turn heads, rather.” And so weapons aside.

Basically, one of her warpriest blessings acts as sanctuary, though she’ll probably want a use for the other, to enhance her weapon. Anyway, assuming Rutilus gives the all clear…

Once the way forward is open, Adonara wordlessly takes her bladed whip in hand, just in case, and pads cautiously down the hall inside, keeping an ear open for sounds of Pellius and the others, and an eye for signs of the captive mercenaries.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Concentrating on keeping her own movements silent means the sounds of conversation and ... marching drills? blur together, but she can guess that the subterfuge must be afoot beyond the double doors at the end of the hall. Instead, Adonara turns to the first other door she finds. Again, peeking through keyholes or opening the door a crack before deciding how to proceed. If she can get to D5 safely, anyway.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Sorry for keeping so quiet. But the two of you are doing a FINE job so I think just playing dumb bodyguard makes a great deal of sense.

Out of character I want to insist that we flog the guard :-). But there is no way that Lodoro would think that appropriate just to take out one enemy

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Oh, of all the times to be on the wrong side of a row of baddies we’re trying to sneak up on.

“The floggings will continue until morale improves!” she said. And then she winked.
“I know people who would pay good coin for that,” she said.

I'll stop now before I get Adonara into too much even more trouble.

This post has not been sponsored by Paracountess Z----- D-----. Not that that fact alone would reassure Lodoro. ;)


Under Kira's direction the thugs go through their paces. The first two are quite sloppy, it is clear that they are not used to military precision. The others slowly seem to be getting the hand of it. They are making a lot of noise and attention is focused towards the front.

Adonara you manage to sneak up to the holding pen. Inside are six prisoners. The door is locked

Disable Device DC 18

451 to 500 of 1,237 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.