Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


301 to 350 of 1,253 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius also shakes his head. "I should also probably check in with my family. We might be a lessor offshoot of the Aulamaxas, but I do not doubt that the nut residing on my stage would be above tracking them down to be thorough if we are next on his chopping block. Not sure exactly where they could go to lay low for a bit, but I still want to make sure they have the warning." He shakes his head, sadly. "Heavens help us all."


The following morning Rexus leads you to the Long Roads Coffeehouse where his mother's ally Laria Longroads has a business. The coffeehouse is located in Villegre, just northeast of the park. It caters to an eclectic mix of customers, serving coffee and food. You are greeted by a small halfling woman who presses steaming cups of coffee into your hands


"Greetings, greetings. Come into the office and we can catch up on old times"

Sense Motive


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Pellius waves off the coffee with an apologetic smile. "I appreciate the offer, but I can't do coffee darling. Stains the teeth prematurely. That said I would not turn down a strong cup of tea or tall glass of water." Pellius pauses, then his manners kick in. "If you have a moment that is. No need to worry on my account if not."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

What Kira Told Her Mom:

Slipping back into the house, Kira faces an extremely worried Lille. "Where have you been! You said you were going to the protest, but that was over hours ago, and I heard some people got arrested but you weren't one of them-"

"Mom, breathe. It's okay. I, uh, met some people at the protest. People who don't like what Thrune is doing to this city. His stupid proclamations aren't just random whims, he's deliberately trying to destroy Kintargo! We can't let him. I can't let him."

Lille's eyes fill with tears. "You sound just like your father."

"Dad...whatever may have happened to him, it happened because he stood up for what he believed in. And maybe...maybe these people can help me find him. Or at least find out what happened to him. Even if they can't, Mom I have to try. So...there may be some more late nights in my future. Or even some days where I don't come home at all. Just, I know what I'm doing, so try not to worry too much. Okay?"

Lille pulls her daughter into a hug. "I'm going to worry. But...you're doing what you feel you have to. Just know that you can always come to me if you need help."

Including this because hey, we're starting a secret rebellion and it could matter at some point what Lille knows.

The next morning, Kira looks around the Coffeehouse curiously. I think some of my classmates have talked about this place, they said the coffee was really good. She happily accepts a cup and takes a sip. Her eyebrows raise. Wow. They weren't kidding.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Of course. It's really good to see you! Thanks for the coffee, it's fantastic."


"Of course, my apologies"

Laria replaces your coffee with a cup of hot tea. You can all sense that Laria is using the idea of chatting about old times as a ruse to get you out of an area where you could be overheard. You follow her into an office and she closes the door

"So Rexus tells me you're interested in rebuilding the Silver Ravens. Why do you wish to do that?"


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"I'm not totally sure that I do. I want to end the tyranny here in the city, but only if that is possible without TOO much bloodshed. I'm not stupid enough to think that we can do it without some cost and pain and death, but I have no interest in killing 90% of the city to save the other 10%. Nor do I have any interest in dying in a lost cause.

But if you can convince me that we have a fighting chance of freeing the city at a reasonable cost then I'm willing to fight and, if necessary, die to accomplish that"


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius nods appreciatively, taking the tea and stirring in a little milk and sugar. Listening to Lodoro's response, his friend merely shrugs.

"I tend to agree with my friend here in broad strokes about everything. And, truthfully, I am only 'interested' in this whole venture because I seemingly have been dragged into it by a series of escalations." The bard smiles, ruefully. "I can't do much more than sing and provide witty commentary... the occasional translation... a misplaced arrow here or there. I am no revolutionary, let alone a 'card carrying secret organization member' level of revolutionary." A hint of anger seems to take root in Pellius' face. "I do, however, want my family to be safe. I want our noble rights, of which I am entitled to none, to be respected by the government as it has been for generations. And, above all else, I want my Opera House back. How can I be expected to bring the grace of my performances to my adoring crowds if my stage and place of worship be stolen by his royal madness?"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Joining the others the next morning, Adonara enjoys the civility of coffee in Villegre, and the possibilities suggested by people-watching. She exchanges a faint smile of recognition with one or two of the regulars: people she only recognizes by their faces among the cronies and hangers-on of the fashionable coffeehouses, and some of whom, she’s sure, sometimes rely on a dark infusion after an eventful night as much as she does.

She sips Laria’s offering gratefully before filing in after the others into the side room she ushers the adventurers into. Idly, Adonara makes a mental note to find a pair of boots that go better with mail, at least until she can possibly afford armour that can bear a glamour. She’s fairly sure she can carry off the armoured look regardless, if she has to, but why stand out more than necessary?

Laria Longroad1 wrote:

Laria is using the idea of chatting about old times as a ruse to get you out of an area where you could be overheard. You follow her into an office and she closes the door

"So Rexus tells me you're interested in rebuilding the Silver Ravens. Why do you wish to do that?"

Safely ensconced, and after another minute or so to enjoy the first bit of the coffee first, Adonara thinks carefully before answering Laria’s question.

“Several reasons,” she says casually. “Above all, it’s the right thing to do, and the time, if even half the stories coming from the east are true, is right. As our operatic colleagues have said, Egorian is bad enough when it’s not taking advantage to tighten its tyranny over all Cheliax, but we certainly don’t wish to put anyone else in danger. A certain … finesse is in order, and there’s no sense in absolutely ignoring the groundwork already in place.”

“Personally, I find it more than rankles that my faith is illegal throughout the empire, and if freeing Kintargo from the Thrunes’ clutches also shows Cheliax that there is room for our Lady here, in addition to being a worthy cause in its own right, so much the better.”

There is an awful lot that the courtesan is not saying, about who back home in the church, and, one way or another, at court, might be tactfully following her efforts here, at least to the extent of a glance now and then. Honestly, she doesn’t know either, for security’s sake. Nonetheless, she is being entirely truthful, if scrupulous, and despite her airy tone, her gaze over her steaming cup is earnest and unflinching.


"I appreciate your candour. I think that the Silver Ravens can be a symbol to the citizens. They can help deal with the worst of Thrune's excesses. And who knows we may be able to get all the city back, at least away from Thrune, if not from Cheliax itself. I myself run another Secret Society the Bellflower Network.

Our network was set up to release halfling slaves and give them their freedom. However the network is currently in hibernation. After the Night of Ashes there were some concerns that we had been compromised. I sent the last fugitive slaves to Varisia.

The city itself is in trouble under Thrune. I do't buy his claim that Lord Mayor Jilia Bainilus fled Kintargo for Arcadia. I suspect that Thrune imprisoned her (or worse) somewhere in Kintargo.

Then there is the Order of the Torrent. The smallest of the Hellknight Orders, they've been mysteriously silent over the past week and their leader Lictor Octavio Sabinus has gone missing.

I had a contact within the Sacred Order of Archivists - Porcia (Rexus' mother) but I rarely made use of the Order. I often traded tactics and techniques for maintaining secrecy with her.

I know that the celebrated opera singer Shensen was a devoted worshipper of Sarenrae, and the cult of Milani has been active in the city as well, operating under the name of Rose of Kintargo. Unfortunately both of these underground religions have gone silent.

I offer you the bunkroom in the Long Roads as a safe place to hide. I use secret tunnels below the coffeehouse to hide fugitives and stolen goods. I call it my wasp's nest. I've recently been allowing a friend of mine Nan Comerivos to smuggle a load of textiles through the tunnels. Nan arrived a few days ago but hasn't been seen since. Would you be willing to investigate the tunnels and ensure that Nan is safe for me?"


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4
Laria Longroad1 wrote:
"So Rexus tells me you're interested in rebuilding the Silver Ravens. Why do you wish to do that?"

Kira considers the question for a moment while sipping her coffee. "Like Pellius, I'm not really sure how much I can do. I'm a student, not a fighter." She gets a serious look on her face. "But my father was also a member of the Sacred Order of Archivists, and he's been missing ever since the Night of Ashes. I want to find out what happened to him. And I want to do what I can to save this city from Thrune's madness. If rebuilding the Silver Ravens will help with that goal, then...then I'll see them rebuilt. Symbols are important. This one should remind the citizens of the time before the Thrunes took over this country."

Laria Longroad1 wrote:
"Would you be willing to investigate the tunnels and ensure that Nan is safe for me?"

"Given all the help you're offering us, it's the least we can do."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"I'm certainly willing to go help find your friend in the tunnels. And recreating a symbol is always a good idea. So, at least for the moment, you can count on me."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara listens attentively to Laria’s news, silently updating her sense of the situation across the city, and of the various players in it. When Laria names her lair, though, Adonara’s morning good humour breaks into something positively beatific.

Accipio omen! She claps her hands together softly, beaming like a girl asked to her first dance. She momentarily adjusts the cup on her saucer. If only it were an occasion to have brought a fan! Yes, very Jane Austen. Only with swords and sorcery and stuff. :)

“I would be honoured, Miss Longroad, to be one of your wasps,” Adonara murmurs, bemused but delighted.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Prior to hitting the bar...

At Rutilus's ramshackle:

Rutilus quietly enters his humble dwellings and drops off some of his gear. Almost immediately he is jumped by Tesario who quickly exlaims "Ruti! Where have you been? Cassie has been worried sick. She'll be ticked she wasn't awake when you came back. Did you find your contact?

"Whoa whoa ... slow down, I'm ok. Things got a bit harry but everything is ok. I found the contact. He didn't know where the Ol' Man is but I think he can help." Rutilus pauses while considering his next words before continuing with a sigh. "Cassie is going to kill me... Listen, I may be gone for a little while. I met with a group of people and we may be able to make things better for all of us. I don't want to say anymore right now. Just trust me. Try and keep Cassie calm and I'll contact all of you when I can."

Tessario tries and reads Rutilus's face for an inkling of what is going on but comes up blank. He ends up just giving Rutilus's a hug before responding. "Don't worry about anyone here, I'll keep them safe. You just do what you need to do and let me know if I can help."

Rutilus responds with a simple "Thank you" before heading out the door.

The next morning...
Upon arriving with the group, Rutilus looks a bit rough. Either from drinks or lack of sleep, you can't tell. He wordlessly follows to the coffee house and takes some coffee when offered. He slowly sips at it, his face brightening and becoming more alert with every draw.

Laria Longroad1 wrote:

"Of course, my apologies"

Laria replaces your coffee with a cup of hot tea. You can all sense that Laria is using the idea of chatting about old times as a ruse to get you out of an area where you could be overheard. You follow her into an office and she closes the door

"So Rexus tells me you're interested in rebuilding the Silver Ravens. Why do you wish to do that?"

Rutilus intently listens to everyone else's explanation for being here before stating his own. "My reasons are simple, I want to protect my family. We don't have much, but our lives are ours and we were content. Since Thrune took over, things have become much more dangerous for us. If it's possible to make things better for us, I want to try." Finishing, he then turns back to his coffee as he listens to what their new contact has to say.

Laria Longroad wrote:
"I myself run another Secret Society the Bellflower Network.

At this, Rutilus's eyes immediately shoot up to meet hers. He hangs on to every word as he waits for her to finish. "We may be able to help each other. A dear ... mentor ... of mine has recently gone missing. He told me his name was Patch. Rexus recently informed me that he believed Patch to be a member of the Bell. Do you have any knowledge of him or his whereabouts? Regardless I will do what I can to help locate Nan.


Laria turns to Rutilus

"Ah yes Patch, last I heard he told me was investigating something to the north to do with the slavers. Not heard from him for a while but that's often the case with Patch so I'm not overly worried as yet.

Are you going down into the cellar?


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

"Let's go then. Lead the way; we'll see if we can find Nan."


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius nods at the information being provided to him, shaking his head at the mention of Shensen. "Quite the talent, that one. I could possibly equal it one day, but not without a lot of practice. If you hear that she needs aid let me know... I may not be the model image of a raven, silver or otherwise, but as Lodi here can attest I do stick by my fellow singers, even in hard times."

Looking down into the tunnel entrance, the bard creates four floating orbs of light. "Do you think there is something in the tunnels themselves that might be... hazardous?" Pellius asks Laria with a sheepish smile. "We had to fight a lot of... odd creatures... yesterday unannounced... I would appreciate a heads up on known dangers this time around."


I have not been down there for some time, I know the tunnels link with the sewers so please be careful. I need to wait up top, i have heard rumours that the dottari will be doing spot checks of business' today.

You head down into the cellar. The basement contains numerous crates of cooking ingredients, sacks of coffee beans, and other supplies needed to maintain a thriving business. With Laria's advice from earlier you find a secret door which seems to lead into a smuggler's tunnel.

This long, damp hallway opens to the southeast into a large reservoir of calm, dark water. A wooden pier extends twenty feet into the water, while another twenty feet out rises the top half of a statue of a beautiful elven woman. A foul smell, like that of rotting meat, comes from somewhere near the pier. Two holes have been knocked into the northwest walls to provide access to chambers beyond.

Map number 5

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“I could get used to this,” Adonara quips as the group descends through a cellar with sufficient supplies to keep even the nightliest of owls – or ravens – in coffee and tea enough for an indefinite period of time, into an ample smuggler’s tunnel without any alarming debris of tack shop and slaughterhouse, or vermin spreading a layer of filth over everything. “If only there could be a bit more natural light.”

When the passage opens up onto an aquifer several quick paces beyond, Adonara realizes she may have spoken too quickly. Wrinkling her nose, she adds, “Alright, and certainly none of whatever that is.”

Taking her whip in hand, she advances cautiously towards the pier: if the smell’s just something unfortunate washed up there from who knows, that’s one thing, but if Kintargo’s got a more widespread gremlin problem… For now, though, it’s the statue that immediately catches her notice. OK, she’ll throw what skills she can at figuring out the statue, the godsawful smell, and keeping an eye out for varmints. Kn. (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Kn. (history): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Adonara you recognise the statue as being to Calistria, the elven goddess of revenge and lust.

You see the partially eaten remains of a man wedged among the pier's pilings, there also appear to be two shapes swimming just below the surface, you can't make out much about them due to the murkiness of the sewer water but they look reptilian.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Baolo was uncharacteristically quiet during the meeting at Laria's coffee house, sipping on his own, more alchoholic brew between sips of the offered coffee. That didn't mean he was in disagreement however, also agreeing that something would need to be done.

Moving with the group into the tunnels below, he takes up an alert position around the group. If Adonara alerts the group to what's she spots, he moves towards the man's body that is wedged in the piling, drawing his rapier as he keeps one eye on the swimming creatures.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius nods in thanks and draws his new shortbow, as well as an arrow, as they head into the sanctuary.

Sending his lights in different directions, he illuminates the pier, the statue, and each of the holes knocked into the wall.

"It might not be 'natural' but light is light, eh?"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“Thanks,” Adonara nods, but her tone already shifts to a more urgent and – marginally – serious timbre, her free hand pointing below the pier. “Heads up! We’ve got sewer alligators!” Or whatever fits urban legends around the Inner Sea. :) Hmm. And I hadn’t quite expected that she would keep shifting registers so breezily, but then again I suppose in her line of work Adonara might be used to being many things for many people.

Please let that not be Nan, she thinks, eyes flickering piously towards the statue, but keeping quiet about her fears until she finds out if the things in the water are dangerous. She falls into step beside Baolo as he responds, keeping her own weapon ready to lash out at the swimmers if they interfere with the recovery of the body.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

As usual, Kira sticks to the back of the group. Nan missing combined with that smell...oh no. She sees Baolo moving towards the pier and prepares to back him up, making sure her crossbow is loaded and ready.


As you step out onto the pier the alligators break the surface and start to move towards you.

alligator initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Kira initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Adonara initiative: 1d20 + 2d6d1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + (14, 12, 15, 2, 12, 5, 6, 14, 12, 4) + 2 = 101

Rutilus initiative: 1d20 + 100d1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + (16, 15, 20, 13, 16, 20, 5, 20, 13, 7, 8, 16, 17, 12, 13, 19, 16, 18, 20, 2, 15, 12, 5, 12, 15, 18, 17, 19, 20, 17, 15, 13, 8, 12, 11, 8, 16, 6, 6, 4, 11, 2, 7, 5, 13, 6, 10, 8, 8, 9, 20, 9, 7, 16, 19, 15, 16, 2, 8, 9, 16, 1, 19, 6, 16, 17, 18, 6, 15, 5, 3, 14, 7, 17, 16, 6, 10, 9, 16, 1, 18, 12, 12, 2, 9, 18, 11, 15, 12, 5, 12, 10, 14, 20, 7, 9, 1, 9, 3, 6) + 4 = 1165


Will try that again

Alligator initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Kira initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Adonara initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Pellius initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Rutilus initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Baolo initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Lodoro initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


So initiative order is:

Block 1: Kira

Block 2: Alligators

Block 3: Everyone else.

So Kira your action


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira fires off a shot at the southern alligator. Hopefully we can kill these things before they reach us! She then reloads her crossbow.

L. Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Standard action: Attack southern alligator
Move action: Reload crossbow


Kira's bolt flies forward and strikes one of the alligators and it roars in pain.

The alligators double move up to Pellius and Lodoro.

On to block 3


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Aww ... I so liked my 1165 Initiative

Earlier

Laria Longroad1 wrote:

Laria turns to Rutilus

"Ah yes Patch, last I heard he told me was investigating something to the north to do with the slavers. Not heard from him for a while but that's often the case with Patch so I'm not overly worried as yet.

Thank you Laria. If you hear anything concerning him, please let me know.Is that all it is? An investigation to the north? Wouldn't he let me know if he were going to be leaving the city for awhile?"

Now
As the alligators rush in, Rutilus cocks an eyebrow. "Interesting I guess there really are alligators in the sewer. Guess I owe Cassie some money." As he verbalizes these thoughts, Rutilus moves towards the closest alligator striking out at it.

Move 20' adjacent to Pellius
Standard attack

I hope everyone had a good 4th/weekend

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara steps a bit closer to the nearest alligator, a golden glow limning her whip, her free hand’s fingers already hurrying through a cantrip’s motions. “Strange, isn’t it? It feels wrong to regret being right!”

5’ step, swift action to dip into her arcane pool, full to attack with spell combat, casting acid splash.
Ranged touch, into melee: 1d20 + 2 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 2 - 4 = 4 Damage?: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Scorpion whip: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6 Damage?: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
OK, clearly the dice are taking my awareness that Adonara's a support character a bit too far.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

The creatures bursting from the water and moving towards his comrades, Baolo reacts though a bit slowly. His weapon already drawn, he brushed past Kira before jabbing out between Pellius and Rutilus, in hopes of piercing alligator flesh.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro dances backwards a little, waving his glaive above the aligator and then, when it is snapping at it, goes for the jaw

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
glaive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Rutilus misses the alligator.

Baolo's strike cuts straight across the alligator's belly and it roars in pain.

Before it has a chance to react Lodoro darts forward and cuts the alligator with his glaive.

Pellius, what are you doing?


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Sorry about the delay, was looking at the map and then got distracted. Rules question, would shooting at the beast now be at a pentalty for Rutilus being where he is? No matter what he would take a five foot step back to where he is now on the map.


No worries. You would be at a -4 penalty


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Gotcha. Given he would probably know that (or the IC equivalent of the reasons for it) I will do this.

Taking a step back from the beast, Pellius swears under his breath. Damnation but those beasts are fast. No clean shot at it now, especially with my aim.

Dropping both arrow and bow, the bard draws his sword. As he does so, he begins to sing a folk tune about the virtues of alligator stew.

Free actions: Five foot step, drop bow and arrow. Move action: draw sword. Standard action: commence Bardic Performance: Inspire Courage. +1 to attack, damage, and saving vs fear and charm. 11/12 rounds remain after this one.


Kira, back to you


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira jumps a little as the alligators move towards them. They're fast! She'd been hoping they could do a lot more damage before the creatures got to them.

Instead of firing her crossbow again, she prays to Desna for guidance. These creatures have killed a traveler under your protection. Help us destroy them!

Move action: None
Standard action: Cast Bless. This grants an additional +1 to attack rolls that stacks with Inspire Courage.


One of the alligators attacks Lodoro, the other attacks Rutilus

bite on Lodoro: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

bite on Rutilus: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Back to block 3


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus jumps out of the way of the attacking gator. "I've never dealt with a gator before. Let's see ... four legs, strikes out quick. Maybe the opening is there..." Rutilus thinks as he strikes at his perceived opening.

Move studied target the alligator
Standard: attack

Blessed, inspired, studied attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 10


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

With the gator continuing to focus on Rutilus, Baolo rides the burst of energy and levity that Pellius' and Kira's magic is infusing in him. With a grin, he jabs out once more, trying to hit a point he saw between the creatures thick scaly plates.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara lets the spell and song guide her, and taking heart from them, she redoubles her efforts, only adjusting the timing of her spell and the arc of her weapon.

Spell combat with acid splash again, aiming both whip and cantrip at the alligator she’s sharing with Lodoro.
Ranged touch: 1d20 + 2 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 - 2 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 5 Damage?: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Scorpion whip: 1d20 + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 13 Damage?: 1d4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Maybe? She's getting closer to breaking 10 when she rolls, at least!


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro doesn't seem particularly upset about being bitten. In fact, he calmly addresses the alligator
"Nicely done. I'm sorry that I have little choice but to kill you, my friend. But, as they say, it seems to be a Kill or be killed situation. And I'd prefer to be the killer."

With that, he steps to the left, then to the right, trying to mesmerize the alligator. Then he strikes

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
glaive: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 4/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius, still musically droning on about just how tasty chopped alligator can be when served in a stew, steps back forward again and swings at the reptile that previously had rushed toward him.

Free action, maintain bardic performance (10/12 rounds remaining) and 5 foot step toward alligator. Standard action: melee attack with longsword.
Melee: 1d20 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 16 Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9 Wow, I think I actually hit something for once!


With one blow Rutilus slices open the belly of the alligator, killing it instantly.

Lodoro you just miss the remaining alligator as does Adonara

Pellius' longsword drives deep into the alligator's side and it howls in pain.

Back to Kira


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira smiles with relief as the first alligator goes down. Thank you Desna!

Only one target left. She lets loose a bolt from her crossbow, then quickly reloads again.

L. Crossbow, Melee Penalty, Inspire Courage, Bless: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 - 4 + 1 + 1 = 3
P. Damage, Inspire Courage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Standard action: Attack
Move action: Reload crossbow


Kira's crossbow bolt goes flying across the chamber and lands in the thick sludge of the sewer. The remaining alligator moves forwards to attack Adonara.

bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Back to block 3


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

As Rutilus's blade comes clear of the first gator, he turns and sees the second one bite into Adonara. He quickly moves in behind the gator trying to draw its attention "I think I might have a bit more meat on my bones," he says as he drives the point of his blade towards the creature.

Move 10 feet to be behind the creature (Flanking with Lodoro)
Standard attack

Power Attack Inspired Blessed Flanked Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 1 = 21
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 2 = 14

I'm fairly certain we can power attack without the feat since we are using the feat tax rules

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“This lady’s not for eating,” Adonara agrees, dancing back from the alligator’s jaws.

As soon as she’s far enough away to avoid immediate retaliation, her vengeful whip lashes out again. Move action to get 10’ back, standard to attack.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 22 Damage?: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

“At least, not by the likes of you!” she taunts, unable to resist the quip even if it's wasted on the brute animal.

301 to 350 of 1,253 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.