Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


51 to 100 of 1,439 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

The mist wasn't there until after Kira moved, so the thug would have seen her just fine. Not that I'm going to argue against a ruling in my favor, but I don't want to take advantage of a misunderstanding.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

In all the hurly-burly, even Adonara’s display can get lost, or so she consoles herself: it’s a happier thought than that Thrune’s supporters are just that committed. That said, she is still beyond exasperated, and when she sees one of the thugs dividing his attention between two protesters already, she avails herself of the opportunity with ruthless glee.

It only takes a moment to fill her free hand with steel, and then she slips behind the man and slices…
Move action to draw her sword, 5’ step into the square opposite Baolo to flank, standard to Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 = 8 (with an extra +1 if Pellius decides to keep his performance active another round) Damage if hits: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
... It's just really not Adonara's morning, is it? Ah, well.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro very briefly closes his eyes and then intones a poem of remembrance for the soldier that he was forced to kill

"Red break of the day
Surprisingly duped servant dies
below the Thrune"

He then calls out
"I don't want to have to kill more of you. Please flee."

He then dances towards the palace, making himself the obvious target should he fail to put down his foe.

"Let us at least fight with honour and NOT to the death. I really do not wish to kill you unless I have to"

With that, he attacks non lethally again

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
glaive: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 - 4 = 8 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

With a nod and a grin as he spots the elf moving into position, Baolo calls out to Lodoro, "These Thrune thralls have made there intentions know and will feel out intentions because of it! Challenge a Kintagan and get challenged in kind!" He follows this with another thrust with his rapier at the man between Baolo and Adonara.

Standard attack to attack. Bonuses for flanking and Inspire Courage already included.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

One down... Grinning mirthlessly to himself, Pellius saunters up to the next thug loyal to the "squatter" residing within his stage, continuing to sing his aria as before. Taking aim, Pel attempts to slice the armband wearing thug.

Melee Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 1 = 11

Once again, however, the concentration taken to keep in tune, pitch, and rhythm sees the attempt at a strike go too shallow to connect.

Free action to maintain Inspire Courage (this is round 3... 7 remain); move action to get to spot on map indicated, standard to whiff on an attack.


My bad Kira, misread that

light mace on Kira: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Adonara misses as does Lodoro.

Baolo smashes into the thug, dropping him.


Rutilus, what are you doing?


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira smiles in relief as she hears footsteps rushing past her. Good! They’re running, just like I hoped, even if they couldn’t understand me.

Casting a slightly longing look in the direction of the exit, she instead turns back the way she came. The mist should be covering about half the park, but what about the other half?

Moving out of the mist, she looks around. The thugs were gone, likely at the hands of a small group wielding weapons, (including the singers she’d noted earlier). Praying that at least one of them spoke Infernal, she runs up to them and asks,

Infernal:
”Is everyone alright? I can conjure another mist to cover the other half of of the park, if it would help more people get out.”

Double move action to join the others.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius might not be the best swordsman in the world, but he still is happy to provide musical accompaniment to those who are. Glancing at the gnome, he raises his eyebrow in a manner that implies that he understood the question asked. I always knew gnomes were strange, but this takes the proverbial cake.

Thinking a moment, he merely shrugs and works the following stanza into his aria.

"I know not whether infernal mists be kind,
to those embattled for freedom with our oppressive foe.
Perhaps the gnomish question is best left answered,
by those around us or those below."

Lodi should notice that verse being off even if no one else does. the bard thinks to himself, hoping that the man is paying attention to his words and not just the tune.


We'll stay in initiative

At this point the crowds to the left have more or less dispersed, however those to the right are still trying to get into the building.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Sorry, posting on weekends can be difficult for me.

Rutilus side steps to his left before focusing his attention on the thug in front of him. When he sees his opening he strikes the quickly with his falcata.

Hearing the gnome call out over the chaos, Rutilus calls back in kind.

Infernal:
"Perhaps that is best. Hopefully it will allow everyone to clear the park safely so that we may follow.


5-foot step one space to the right
Move Study Target the thug
Standard Attack

attack with courage and studied target: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 11

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara’s been trying not to worry about the mysterious mist covering half the square, though goddess only knows what’s happening inside. One thing at a time, she thinks, so of course two, no, three? figures start to appear along the nearer edge of the cloud, and there’s a burst of clipped shouts in Infernal.

A couple of men appear, exchanging furious blows, and then a gnome woman. Something about vapours, and getting rid of people? And, ‘we’ follow?! At least one of the men is obviously a Thrune loyalist, but even as she closes, weapons raised, Adonara laments the sorry state of her language study before arriving in Cheliax. Trying to represent what someone who isn't fluent might get out of it. When she’s next got a skill point to spare! :)

Quickly calculating her angles, she loops through the edge of the mist herself to help the latest arrival, leading with her sword. Move to close, standard to Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11 Damage if hits: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 No such luck, then. Hearing the singer's cryptic commentary, she calls over her shoulder as she goes, "Once more, please, for innocents abroad?"

Though I do like your versifying, you two. :)


Rutilus, you miss the thug, as does Adonara.

Baolo and Lodoro, your actions


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Not understanding anything being spoken by those using Infernal, Baolo frowns as he focused his attention on the only enemy he could sort of make out. Moving around from behind the bard, Baolo calls out, "You really shouldn't have gotten out of bed today!" Jabbing out with his rapier, he attempts to end this melee so they could focus on getting the rest of the crowd to disperse safely.

[ooc]Move action to step around and get into melee with the thug. Standard action to attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


With Baolo's blow another thug falls.


[ooc]You can hear amidst the fog that one of the thugs is still moving around[/i]

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

As the infernal flunkey the group’s got surrounded falls to Baolo’s rapier-thrust, Adonara listens for signs of anyone else approaching through the mist. The confusion of the angry crowds outside only makes things worse, but even in the best case, she wouldn’t want to flail about blindly.

After a moment, with the slightest shake of her head, she coils her whip with a few flicks of her wrist and returns it to her hip. It’s time to see what damage’s been done, and she calls out, “Anyone need healing?”

Left to her own devices, unless more trouble shows up, Adonara will look for any downed civilians that could use a stabilize.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Seeing no more immediate enemies, Lodoro speaks up

"Well, at least we showed those thugs who they were dealing with. Perhaps it might be time to retreat now, though? I expect more guards will be coming soon. We've made our point for the moment"


The crowd in the west side have more or less dispersed, those on the east are still milling around. At that point several dottari start making their way through the crowds, attacking and arresting. (see image link). They see you and start to move towards you.

Back to you guys


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

What would be the most logical way for us to make a hasty exit? I want to ask given at least Pellius and Lodoro would likely know given they used to work at that Opera House prior to the occupation.

Seeing the last visible thug fall, Pellius stops his song... just in time to look over and see the dottari goon squad arrive on their eastern front.

"In more proper answer to your question, my gnome friend, I would say that now would definitely be a good time for that mist you were asking about. Followed by a hasty exit... I somehow doubt our armored friends over yonder are here to listen to a preview of Lodoro and my latest musical renditions."

He clears his throat and repeats himself, albeit a bit more succinctly, in Infernal just to make sure he is understood, then turns to Lod. "Time to make our dramatic exit, Lodi... stage anywhere."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Oh good, a couple of them do speak Infernal.

Nodding, Kira responds,

Infernal:
"Right, I can do that. Just give me a few seconds." 12 to be exact

She runs closer to the dottari, (ignoring the voice in her mind screaming at her to run away from them instead), and breathes another prayer to Desna. Mist once again coalesces around her.

Move action: Move 15 feet southeast.
Standard action: Cast Obscuring Mist.


@Pellius most logical path of retreat would be to the west.8


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Looking at the conversation happening as one who only understands half of the conversation, Baolo raises an eyebrow as he sees the short one head towards the dottari line advancing on them. Though curious to see what the brave gnome would do, he didn't think it smart to stick around and see. Looking towards Rutilus, he makes a gesture of his head letting him know that he was heading to the west. Then, rapier still in hand, spins around the half-elf and breaks into a run, heading out of the park in a westerly direction.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Seeing the dottari arrive, Rutilus thinks, "Time is up, we need to go now." He looks toward Baolo and sees him nod toward an exit and start to leave the park. Rutilus returns the nod and begins to leave before hesitating as he glances at the rest of the group. "I'm going to regret this..."

"Our bard friend here has the right of it. We've done what we can for the civilians. Anyone still here is of their own choice. It is time for us to go" Rutilus then holds his shield defensively allowing those trying to escape to west to pass before following behind.

Wait until the group moves past to the west and then follow behind as a rear guard.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius decides to help the gnome's chances a bit. After a few mundane sounding monotone words, and a few mundane repetitive gestures, the bard focuses on the center of the oncoming brutes and unleashes a bit of magic to hopefully help her withdraw. And Lodi always wondered when it might be useful to help someone become a bit drowsy...

Satisfied that he has done all he can to help, he continues to maintain concentration to keep the magic flowing as he follows after the retreating form of the rapier toting man.

Standard action: cast Lullaby at the center of the advancing dottari... I drew a circle around where it should affect, scale based on the obscuring mist ones. Will save to negate, DC is 14. He would continue concentration as he withdraws... affect lasts 1 round after he releases his concentration or we get 110 ft away from them.
Move action is to move where I am now located. I am no longer singing, so no more +1 bonuses as of this round.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Not having anything immediately to hand for dealing with the dottari, Adonara accepts the others’ cue and follows, plunging through the first bank of conjured mist. Caltrops for next time, she thinks, turning to look back once she’s on the other side. Or spears, if we’re feeling extravagant.


will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Two of the dottarri become drowsy and stop moving forward. They are all enveloped in Kira's obscuring mist and you all manage to flee to the west. There are no sounds of pursuit.

You head off into a series of alleys and passages away from the main plaza.

Can you all make a Perception check please?


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Tearing along behind the others, Adonara tries to keep track of where she is, but she's still far from learning all the alleyways even in the neighbourhoods she spends the most time in, and moving at speed isn't helping.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius finally releases his concentration from maintaining the spell as they dart into the alleys behind the Opera House. I hope that the other members of the crowd followed suit and ran... I couldn't maintain that any further away.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira gasps for breath as she runs with the others. I hope everyone was able to make it out; those dottari meant business!

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Distracted by the effort involved in keeping up as well as the pain in her side from the thug's mace, she's unable to focus on anything but continuing to move forward.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

That old adage of not running while wielding sharp implements was lost on the young bartender, enveloped as he was in the exhilaration of the last few minutes. So blade stil in hand, he made off through the alleys, able to keep up easilt with those who wore lighter armor than he. Today was the first time he had been able to show his discontent at the current situation in Kintargo and the fact that he had made it out alive only fueled the man on. He would continue to protest the government...he would need to be wise about it however, do it secretly so as to protect his family and the patrons of the Plentiful Tankard.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 An additional +1 to the roll result is it is related to the enemies of his faith.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro leaves with the rest, acting as rear guard in case any of them follow, looking out for trouble as he does so

With speed 30 I'm definitely faster than Kira at least and wants to make sure that she is safe

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 9

"I think we've lost them. I'm not noticing any pursuit at least"


Rutilus, Adonara, Baolo and Pellius you can hear the soud of steel clashing against steel coming from the next alley together with a cry of pain.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Slowing down, Baolo looks in the direction of the next alley as he calls back, "Sounds like someone could use some help." Then, the brewer heads off in that direction, picking up the pace slightly and keeping his eyes alert for the cause of the cry of pain.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius, hearing the noises too, nods. "Not sure how much help an opera singer can provide, but I cannot just turn a blind eye either. Come on, Lodi, let us put these weapons to some good use!" Giving his fellow ex-opera performer a grin, he sets off after the rapier bearing man. Assuming we get out of this relatively unscathed, proper introductions are in order I think.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira doesn't understand what the others are saying, but they seem to know what they're doing. She continues to follow them as best as she can.

Infernal:
"Where are we going?"


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

As the last of their group leaves the park, Rutilus takes up the rear just in case any of the thugs or dottari attempt to follow. "That was a waste almost caught and I didn't find my contact. Baolo definitely owes me a drink when this is all over." Just as Rutilus is about to relax he hears the sound of battle and a cry of pain. As he turns to look in the direction he sees Baolo already headed towards it. "Not gonna get that drink if he goes and gets himself killed," Rutilus sighs and turns to follow.

As he follows , he hears the little gnome ask where they are going. Rutilus briefly looks quizzically at her. "Does she not speak common? I thought I heard her shout something in common at the protest." He mentally shrugs off the question and responds. "At least something they taught me in the orphanage is useful"

Infernal:
"Sounds like the protest may have spilled out into the alley. Someone may be hurt"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6
Pellius Aulamaxa wrote:
Pellius, hearing the noises too, nods. "Not sure how much help an opera singer can provide, but I cannot just turn a blind eye either. Come on, Lodi, let us put these weapons to some good use!" Giving his fellow ex-opera performer a grin, he sets off after the rapier bearing man. Assuming we get out of this relatively unscathed, proper introductions are in order I think.

Adonara nods, offering a bit of encouragement as she goes.

“We do our best, and hope for the Lady’s favour,” she says piously. (Though I imagine Calistrian piety sounds considerably more playful than, say, Abadarian. ;) )

She spares another glance at the Infernal exchange between the cloaked man and the gnome racing along with the group, smiling a bit as she catches the man’s muttered comment in Common. At least, I think that’s what he said. Definitely need to brush up on my Hell-speak.

Hurrying on, she listens for changes in the sounds of the clash ahead, weighing the possibilities. Related? Spillover from the protest? Some poor beggar getting worked over by thieves taking advantage of the distraction? If there was time enough to set up our own surprise…

If it doesn’t sound like the results would be disastrous (i.e., like someone’ll be finished off if no one intervenes immediately), Adonara would slow to take a peek and try to sneak up on whoever looks like the bad guys once there’s only a corner or the like between the two groups. Then again, under the circumstances, she’s not going to ask the others to wait while she scouts ahead.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Before Rutilus returned, Lodoro would just gesture at the Gnome, pointing out which direction he thinks they should go


@Adonara - it starts off in a side alley but then spills out onto the main street so you can't really sneak up on them.

A group of Chelish Citizen's Group Thugs have just knocked a man to the ground. He is bearded and is wearing a single glove. Next to him are four other unconscious thugs.

There's no map for this one so I intend to use the opera house map (well one corner of it anyway)


Picture of the bearded man in the image link. You can all have a surprise round action


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Just making sure I am viewing this right. Four thugs, knocked out man, plus (not pictured) four more thugs that he knocked out in the tussle that we heard, yes?


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

This assumes our weapons are still drawn from the escaping the park

Rutilus takes stock of the scene, his eyes immediately falling to the bearded man. "One glove, appears human, definitely has some skills if he downed four on his own... Could this be my contact? If he's dead I'll never find out." With that thought, Rutilus narrows his eyes at the thug closest to downed man. Within a blink Rutilus charges at the man, his blade moving in an upward arc.

Standard: Charge the closest thug

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 2 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

AC is equal to 17 until the start of my next turn


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro dances forward and also charges a thug.

If Rutlius put his thug down, I'd move one more square to the left and go for the other thug. If not, I'll go for the same one Rutlius went for

He is still not a cold blooded killer so he'll do non lethal damage for the moment.

glaive: 1d20 + 6 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 - 4 = 22 for damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6
Daniel Penfold 357 wrote:
@Adonara - it starts off in a side alley but then spills out onto the main street so you can't really sneak up on them.

Pity, but then I expected we were moving a bit too fast to stop on a dime anyway – mainly just thinking out loud to see how Adonara might think.

Turning the corner to where the commotion’s coming from, Adonara pauses for just a second to take in the scene, while Rutilus doesn’t hesitate. In that second, the elf priestess sees that while the street does open up a bit, and the ‘concerned citizens’’ target seems to have won a bit of breathing room, there just isn’t enough space for the brave dissidents to sweep in and protect the surrounded man.

Overwhelming show of force, then, Adonara decides, following Rutilus and aiming low where he aims high, hoping that if they can take one thug down quickly enough, it might give the others pause. Charge!: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20 Damage if hits: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 AC drops to 14 until her next turn.

"Bad idea, lemure-bait!" she taunts, daring the other thugs to come closer, her blade already whisking up into a guard position. "Looks like Hell could use some better lapdogs!"

Based on the map, I don’t think Adonara can charge anyone other than the same fellow Rutilus is aiming for, ending up between Rutilus and the bearded man the thugs are attacking. If I’m wrong about that, feel free to redirect her to another thug.


@Pellius - yeah that's right.

Rutilus charges the thug and drops him before the thug knows what hit him.

Adonara and Lodoro you both hit your respective thugs but they are still there.

Anyone else?


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira quickly takes in the scene. Eight thugs against one man! He must be important somehow.

Seeing her companions rush in to help, she takes a deep breath and fires her crossbow at the thug furthest away.

L. Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
P. Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Standard action: Attack the thug in the corner. He’s not currently in melee range, so I don’t believe any penalties apply.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Not having a clear shot to charge the injured brigade member, Baolo advances, providing another target for the bully to choose form but also making it easier to launch his next attack.

Move action to advance towards the enemy.

51 to 100 of 1,439 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.