Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


201 to 250 of 1,146 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Kira, you can see the rats trying to hide behind some boxes in the corner.

@Kira - yeah that sounds fair

[i]Kira, the effect on the walls is magical, you can tell it is caused by a prestidigitation spell.

Adonara and Lodoro you both realise that the effect is not that of a haunt.

@Adonara, I am holding back on revealing the next room as additional information has come to light.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Infernal:
"You're right Pellius! It's just a prestidigitation spell! And the rats are hiding behind the boxes!"

Not that a spell was necessarily better. A spell still meant someone around to cast it.

Infernal:
"There's a caster around somewhere, be careful."


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

"Well if there is a caster trying to keep us out, there must be something worthwhile here." Rutilus then looks to his shield. [i]"This won't do a lot against any casters out there. Why couldn't it be something simple,"[i] he thinks to himself while looking for any spot a caster may be hiding.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 10/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius does his best not to be overt in his relief.

Infernal:

"See, what did I tell you. Take a few more breaths... having to speak in this tongue always makes me feel like I need to rinse my mouth out with holy water after."

Giving Kira a wink that implies that that last bit was not entirely serious. Pellius then proceeds to use his lights to slowly help the others inspect the rest of the room, bow at the ready in case someone is there hiding.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 5

After a few harrowing moments, when it becomes clear that the room’s not going to go off, as it were, the jumpy elven priestess colours ever so faintly, though she manages to offer her self-deprecation dryly. “Dreadfully sorry. Normally, when one thinks of situations that start, ‘All of a sudden, the walls began to drip with blood! The people caught in the room…’ Well, one hardly anticipates a joyful dénouement.”

“I wouldn’t want anyone to get hurt,” Adonara adds, gently. She takes another curious look around the room, the gloved fingers of her free hand running almost distractedly along the inside coil of her weapon. Once again, she finds herself wishing she had a better grasp of Infernal: she manages to pick something about spells, and rats, and casters, from Kira’s warning, but not much more than that. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Straining carefully to notice anything that could be the source of the unsettling daubing.

The unpleasant prospect of at least a few nights of intensive grammar review - unexaggeratedly from Hell - compounds the stretching tension in the room, and after another few seconds Adonara’s colour shifts through her usual pallor to a faint white glow of suppressed anger.

“I don’t suppose our hosts would care to show – or at least introduce – themselves?” she asks any unseen presences in the room rhetorically, her voice dripping acidly. Her posture suggests a woman considering just how satisfying it might be to give some of the rotten debris in the place even a discreet kick in the hopes of provoking a response, or turning up a minimal clue.


At this point you see a putrid-looking humanoid bears a disquieting resemblance to a half-starved, mange-ridden opossum. It is surrounded by the rats. It snarls and yips and makes motions as if it wants you to leave.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 5

Magical! :)

The nasty little thing that appears is one of the most unpleasant creatures that Adonara has ever seen, though she tries not to let it show. It is gratifying to see that she was right about the tracks not being only those of animals, though she struggles to identify what sort of ghastly sprite this might be. Certainly not any of those from the stories she fondly remembers from her childhood. Kn (nature) (untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Well, Andrew Lang can rest easy that he has nothing to fear from Adonara's (lack of) folkloric expertise.

Since it doesn’t seem to speak Taldane, Adonara switches to Sylvan, trying to mollify it, “Alright! We’re sorry, we didn’t mean to disturb you. Some friends of ours used to kick about here, and we just wanted to see if they’d forgotten anything. Give us a moment to look about in the next room, and we’ll be out of your hair. Sound fair?” Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Here’s hoping it understands Sylvan! I mean, I suppose we could try Intimidate, but bullying a wretched rat isn't the style of any of us, I don't think.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro readies an attack if an enemy approaches

Not speaking any languages, he tries to use the Power Of Song to convince the rats not to fight.

If you're being particularly generous, that is an aid other on whoever's diplomacy check

perform song: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 10/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius casually ensures that his bow is aiming in roughly the right direction, though he keeps it not pointed at the strange creature.

"You are quite skilled with magic. Are you also able to converse?" The bard says this in every possible language he knows. For reference, that is Common, Infernal, Halfling, Elven, Strix, and now Shadowtongue.


The rats seem to listen to the words and the music and scurry off, past you and back upstairs, and presumably outside. The strange creature does not seem to understand you and moves back into the next room, making a strange clicking/squeaking noise as it goes.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

What the hell is that thing?

Uncertain, Kira looks around at the others. Adonara and Pellius were talking to it, then the rats left, and now it's moving back towards the other room...

Infernal:
"Does it want us to follow?"

She winces a bit when she realizes she's still talking in Infernal. Even knowing what's causing the bleeding walls, this place is still spooky. Not to mention the terrible smell!

A few deep breaths later, she tries to think of phrases in different languages. To no avail, as it's like she never learned them at all.

Apologetically, she says to Pellius,

Infernal:
"Sorry, I don't think I'll be able to relax enough until we're out of this place."


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Baolo moves warily, but with a determined attitude as the group advanced. On edge with the sight of the bloody walls, he follows Adonara's suggestion to continue on and attempted to quickly digest the information that comes with the strange opossum creature squeaking and moving into the next room. "Dunno what that creature was, but if he has friends, we should be careful of an ambush or the like. Seen plenty of bug guys taken down by sheer numbers...and until we know how many of those creatures might be around, best to be careful." With that, Baolo advances cautiously after the creature.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 10/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius shakes his head, frustrated. What a strange creature.

Infernal:

"It is ok. If you think my singing will help let me know. In the meantime, just keep trying to regulate your breathing, I will help translate as need be. The creature does not seem to understand us... but based on its body language I doubt it is inviting us to follow it. Assuming we do, be wary."

Raising his bow so that it is no longer pointed at the floor, but not aiming at anything, Pellius sends two of the lights after the creature to illuminate the next room.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

When the creature makes itself known, Rutilus can't help but blurt out, "What is that thing?" As the others attempt to talk to it in languages he can't understand, Rutilus readies his shield, as useless as it may be against magic, to help defend their group. Suddenly the rats scurry away and the disgusting creature scurries to the next room. Rutilus lets his guard drop just slightly seeing the thing leave.

"Baolo is right. Its a common tactic we would do. Have one of us as bait and give chase. Luring our mark where we wanted them, and then ... uh ... relieve them of their excess. Not saying this ... thing ... would be doing that but its best to be prepared."

He then turns to the little gnome and is about to give a brief translation when he hears Pellius give good enough of a translation. Rutilus then takes up a position next to Baolo, ready for what ever may be awaiting them.


The door opens into another room. Dirty salt and sawdust coat the floor of this gloomy hall. Bits of the wall masonry have been chewed or clawed away, revealing narrow, winding animal tunnels beyond. Steel rails are mounted in the ceiling, with a few lonely iron hooks dangling from them. A pile of stained pillows and moth eaten blankets lies in a ten foot square depression in the floor to the northwest. In the room are a total of five of the strange creatures.

Grimple initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Pellius initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Baolo initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Kira initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Lodoro initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Adonara initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Rutilus initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


So initiative order is:

Block 1: Baolo and Kira

Block 2: Grimples

Block 3: Everyone else.

So Baolo and Kira your actions


Map and image updated


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Telling me to be wary doesn't exactly help me relax! Still, Kira does continue trying to regulate her breathing as she moves towards the new room.

And then (embarrassingly) squeaks a little as she sees four more of the strange creatures. They do not look happy. Or friendly.

She takes a second to weigh her options. She can't cast too many more spells, but if these creatures are all spellcasters this could be a hard fight.

Desna give us strength!

Weaving her fingers together and chanting a few nonsensical syllables under her breath, she directs as much divine favor as she can to her companions.

Move action: Move 20 feet towards the door.
Standard action: Cast Bless. For two minutes all allies within 50 feet gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Note: Inspire Courage grants a competence bonus to attack/damage rolls. That means the attack bonuses should stack, although the morale bonus to certain saving throws would not.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

I know I'm not up yet, but I'm confused. Is anybody actually moving on the map? Or am I looking at the wrong map

Oh, I also would be toward the front of the party before initiative got rolled (I've been pretty consistent in doing that)


We are on map number 4- apologies I had not updated the map fully. My interpretation is that you have all moved up to the doorway so far.

Baolo, what are you doing?


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Still unsure what these creatures are capable of, Baolo puts his guard up, using his blade and buckler to protect the most vulnerable spots on his body. Advancing as he does this, he calls out, "We don't want trouble...we are on the look out of something that might be here. Let us take a look around and I can gift you with something spectacular."

Standard action for total defense, raising AC to 20 for 1 round. Move action to advance into the room.


The grimples move forward, one of them spews a line of vomit at Baolo

vomit- ranged touch: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19

If hits fort 11 or nauseated

On to block 3


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 10/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Moving through the door and to the side of it, to ensure that his companions can come through, he takes aim at one and launches an arrow at it.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 And my "luck" continues per form... sigh...

But the arrow goes wide, the bard clearly not having had to shoot all that often.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

"So much for talking with them." Rutilus mutters as he moves up and takes a position to the left of Baolo, hoping to put himself as wall between these ... creatures and the rest of their new found party. As he closes near Baolo, Rutilus catches himself retching at the smell of the vomit. "Remind me to stay away from the Tankard for awhile, It'll probably take at least a week for that smell to go away." he calls out in jest before eyeing down the creature nearest to him, scoping out any of their weaknesses.

Move: Move 30'
Standard: Trade for move, Studied target the grimple that is on top of the group of 3.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 5

Adonara curves through the door, right behind the others, her path arcing to avoid giving the nasty little monsters an easy target. Balancing lightly on the balls of her feet to be ready to dodge attacks from as many angles as possible, she considers her own options…

I’m not sure how we’re handling the level-up for us prepared casters. If we’re handwaving our additional slots gained between the bookstore and here, Adonara will cast acid splash at any one of the grimples in range after her move action.

Bibbity-bobbity-boo, if possible:
Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Damage?: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Otherwise, she’ll take another move action just to get within whip-reach of the things (say, another two squares directly to her left), but get ready to duck in case any more of them decide to be gross!


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"I really don't want to hurt these things unless we have to. They seem to be using non lethal on us"

With that Lodoro advances. He tries to feint the green one and then attacks it non lethally.

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
glaive: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 - 4 = 17 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 non lethal


@Adonara- I'm happy to assume that when you level up casters get their new spells without preparing beforehand as we are removing the training element

A bolt of acid flies from Adonara's fingers and srikes one of the creatures and it yelps in pain.

Lodoro darts forward and knocks another of the creatures unconscious.

Back to Kira and Baolo


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Drenched in the vomit, a grimace crosses Baolo's face as he stomachs the gross assault. Careful to not get any of the filth in his mouth, he retorts, "Aye, gross stuff...but not as bad as Ol' Jasren after he's had one too many cups. Really, I don't know why we keep letting that old drunk back." He says this as he advances on the strange creature, the courage granted by Kira's blessing from her goddess helping his aim as he thrusts out with the long, slim blade.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Move action to close with the creature that vomited on him. Standard action to attack.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira moves further into the room, placing herself between Adonara and Pellius. She takes the opportunity to load her crossbow, but doesn’t yet fire.

Move action: Move 20 feet.
Second move action: Load crossbow.


Baolo drops one of the creatures easily. One of the creatures moves up to Adonara (Lodoro you can have an AOO). Another moves up to Lodoro and a third throws a rock at Baolo

bite on Adonara: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

bite on Lodoro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

damage: 1d3 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

rock on Baolo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

damage: 1d2 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

Back to block 3


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 10/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius, seeing no clean lines of attack that would not endanger his companions, drops his bow and draws his sword once more. Clearing his throat, the singer once more launches into a rousing operatic tune to give his friends a bit more inspiration.

Free action, drop bow, move action draw sword, standard action commence bardic performance: inspire courage. +1s to attack and damage rolls to any who accept the song's benefits, as well as +1 to saves verses charm affects (the +1 to fear does not stack with bless, sadly). That leaves him with 6 rounds after this one.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

So +2 on attack +1 on damage?

Seeing the creature he had been studying move up and engage one of their party more apt to handle themselves, as another of the vile creature moves toward the rest of the group, Rutilus moves to intercept it swinging his blade in a low arc.

Move Action: Move S, SW
Standard: Attack

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 5

Despite the sharpening malice of the little monsters, Adonara's most immediately visible response to Lodoro’s suggestion is to raise an expressive eyebrow.

“For the record, willfully vomiting on Mistress Strixis is an admission that one is weary of this life!” she calls over the melee. It’s almost a relief that a flurry of bites and stones is the worst the group seems to have to worry about for the next few seconds. Nodding her thanks to Rutilus for his aggressive distraction, she ducks behind him, conjuring another splash of acid with her free hand even as she lashes out with her whip at the nearest of the nasty fey.

5’ step back, then full-round action to use spell combat. She’ll target any grimple within reach / range, splitting her whip attack and her spell between two monsters. (Targets probably get +4 AC for soft cover from one of the good guys.)
Whip attack: 1d20 + 3 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 3 - 2 + 2 = 17 Damage: 1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Acid splash, ranged touch: 1d20 + 2 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 2 + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
(Aiming her spell at the grimple hanging back between those locked in melee with the two guys. If both Lodoro and Rutilus drop their grimple, Adonara'll just cast her spell normally, so the penalty for spell combat would come off.)


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro is still unhappy at killing these things that just seem to be defending their home

glaive AoO, non lethal: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 - 4 = 11
damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Non lethal

He then dances back a little, feinting to the left, to the right, before bopping the guy on the head

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
glaive: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 + 1 - 4 = 13 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 non lethal

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 5

I should have put this in my last post, but I just wanted to clarify that while Adonara talks a mean line, she's not entirely ruthless. I've got a follow-up post planned for when we knock these critters out. (And while she's willing to use lethal force, for things that don't seem irredeemable, she has no objection to using her magic to keep them from bleeding out once they're down.)


Rutilus drops one with one swing of his blade, Adonara you manage to take one down with your whip and severely injure a second. Lodoro you manage to knock the last one unconscious.

Adonara you manage to stabilise 3 of the creatures, the others are beyond help.

Loot 24gp, 370sp, 684cp, a pair of earrings worth 10gp, a set of nine silver buttons worth 5gp each and a cloak of resistance +1


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Finding a spare bit of cloth that Baolo uses to wipe the vomit off of him, he looks to the others as a few set about stabilizing the creatures. In truth, part of him felt bad for dealing with the creatures the way he did...but the creature did projectile vomit on him after all. if he wanted to put up with that, then he would be worshiping Ol' Deadeye instead and rearing a litter of children out in some village somewhere.

Sheathing his rapier, he looks to the only obvious way to go besides the way they came as he says, "Any chance that the next room is a bar or the like. Could use a drink after all that. Unless the bar has more of those creatures hiding in wait."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro intones a brief poem in respect for those who died defending their home

"Sanguinary dawn
A hideous glaive vomit
whilst watching the spell"

He then turns to the others

"Well, we paid the price. Let us advance and see what we see"

As usual, Lodoro heads to the front glaive at the ready


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 10/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius stops singing, shaking his head. "I do not enjoy seeing them fall for defending their home... but assuming we will be coming back here at any regularity after this, perhaps leaving them to die might be better... I cannot say they will have fond memories of us after this encounter."

So saying, Pellius pockets the silver buttons and a small share of the coin. Taking up the cloak, he whistles. "This has some small magic weaved into it. I think we should take it back with us, though I do not need it myself. I do lay claim to the silver buttons though... once the city has regained some sense of normalcy I can incorporate them into a costume for the grand reopening of the Opera House."


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira sticks behind the others as they continue to advance, her face grim and still-loaded crossbow in her hands. I hope that's the worst we face in these tunnels, but somehow I doubt it will be.


On to A6

A fifty foot diameter pool of rancid, brown slurry fills most of this circular chamber. Chunks of plaster have fallen away, leaving ragged patches behind in the walls and ceiling and mounds of rubble on the floor. What wall space remains is decorated in crude drawings and symbols of sinister forms. Greasy-looking chains run between four stout pillars rising from the muck and anchor to various points on the wall.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus cleans the blood from his blade while the others move to stabilize the creatures. "Odd these new companions are. Would they spare the rat that enters their home or any other mindless vermin?" he muses to himself. As they move to the next room his eyes pass over the various drawings. "Ok ... maybe not mindless ... but definitely not good." His eyes then fall to the rancid brown slurry. "Well not a bar, but something to drink if you are desperate." he says with a smirk.

Rutilus then focuses back to the drawings and symbols trying to work them out. "Do these mean anything to any of you?"

Assuming K. Dungeoneering or K. Local don't work on the drawings/symbols but if they do here's a roll

Knowledge Dungeoneering or Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 10/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Linguistics?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Pellius takes a look at the odd symbols painted on the walls, attempting to see if they are in any known language, reference anything locally known, or even might be the components of some spell.

"Thanks, but I will pass."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro looks at Rutilus, looks at the sludge, looks at Rutilus, and shakes his head

"Please Shelyn, PLEASE tell me that was a bad joke. Please"

"Well, whatever may be down here is certainly well hidden. Very few people would look any further than this, they'd just leave in disgust. I think that I'm impressed. Or will be IF there is something actually hidden here"


Rutilus and Pellius you can't make anything out about the runes. You can hear a kind of fleshy slurping sound coming from the cistern

Knowledge planes or arcana to tell more about the runes

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 17 | T 13 | FF 14 | CMD 16 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +7 | Init +2 | Perc + 5

A grim smile appears on Adonara’s features as both her spell and her lash connect, and then, when the last foe falls and she coils her whip tight again, she qualifies her last remark. “Then again, why ought I oblige?”

Even as the last of her smile fades, it’s hard to tell how serious she’s being – which is just how a Calistrian would like it, after all. Still, she grows quiet as she stops the bleeding of the creatures she can. She might not want everyone to know it, especially if they’re someone with whom she’s likely to measure swords, but there are some limits to how far she’ll exploit an advantage or opening, or take her vindictiveness.

Pellius Aulamaxa wrote:
Pellius stops singing, shaking his head. "I do not enjoy seeing them fall for defending their home... but assuming we will be coming back here at any regularity after this, perhaps leaving them to die might be better... I cannot say they will have fond memories of us after this encounter."

She’s nonetheless coldly efficient as she turns away, answering Pellius. “If they have any sense, they won’t hang around. I doubt we should, either: the place is clearly compromised, and people are beginning to talk. It might be a mercy if it is torn down, once we make sure nothing useful’s been left behind.” Let them think that it is just an old ruin, briefly haunted by boggles. Keep them from worrying about what other lairs, hideouts, and priest holes they don't know about.

Sorry for the backtracking, folks. Work’s been really busy the past few days. Anyway, moving on...

…Compromised, she thinks, weighing her own words again as the group enters the next room. That’s putting it mildly.

She considers the slurry with considerable unease even as her senses kick in to try to sort out what she’s seeing. Is that … a whole lot of rotten blood, among other things? Kn. (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 She tries to focus on the unsettling symbols, but the further she goes into the foul derelict, the worse the miasma about the place gets, and her concentration suffers for it. Oops! Just saw that (religion) isn't going to cut it.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 2/4 Lvl 2: 2/2 | Performance: 10/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

I didn't mention it, but he would have picked up his bow after combat... though it would be on his back currently.

Scratching his head in frustration, Pellius mutters a curse under his breath about "ugly, bizarre looking children's paintings", or something to that effect.

"Anyone else make heads or tails of this nonsense? All I can tell is that it isn't a referencing anything about the city (that I can tell, anyway) and that it isn't in any language I understand (which I understand several). I also am somewhat sure it isn't a spell, but as I am not a wizard please take that with a suitable portion of seasoning."

Turning from the frustrating pictograms, he attempts to see what might be making that slurping sound while keeping a safe distance from the slurry.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

"Is anyone else hearing that?" Concerned, he draws his sword again, just to be safe.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 8/8, (2nd) 4/4

Kira wrinkles her nose as they continue moving into the new room. What is that...pool? Is it still considered a pool when it seems to be more sludge than liquid? Ugh, this whole place is disgusting. I hope we find something to make this all worth it.

Upon seeing the symbols her curiosity overcomes her disgust, and she heads over to take a closer look.

K. Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

"Yeah, I hear it," Baolo replies to Pellius' query as he looks around, rapier still drawn and at the ready. Getting vomited on was bad enough, but he know that whatever the putrid goop in the cistern was, it was not something we wanted to wade through. Not one who focused his training in the arcane or the planar, he instead levels his senses to searching the room for threats and information.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Pellius, you can see three shapes moving around in the muck.

Kira you realise that the runes are a poor attempt to open a portal to Hell, and although they may have worked (albeit for a few seconds only) the runes no longer carry any magic in them

201 to 250 of 1,146 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.