Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


151 to 200 of 1,434 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara nods in acknowledgement of Kira’s warning; beginning her exploration, she points out the tracks. “These look too small and, really, strange to be the dogs’ we heard, at least to me. Though I wouldn’t swear to it.” Huh. Looks like we’re all a bunch of city slickers. :)

She shrugs self-deprecatingly, as much as to say, ‘I’m not that sort of elf.’ With nothing else for it, she follows Pellius’ evoked light, a couple of paces behind, where she can react to any disturbance without, hopefully, being the primary occasion of it.


At this point 3 feral looking dogs appear from amid the rubble, they appear hostile

Will allow handle animal checks if anyone has them


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira peers at the dogs through the gloom. Whispering to the rest of the party, she says, "They look hungry. Does anyone have any food? In the meantime I'll try to talk them into leaving."

While she'd never really dealt with animals much, there were fortunately a few tricks in her blood. Twisting her fingers in a strange gesture and muttering a few nonsensical syllables under her breath, she casts Speak With Animals.

"There's more of us than there are of you; if you fight you'll lose. Please just go away. We don't want to hurt you."

Kira does not have Handle Animal, but since she's actually talking to them could she try Diplomacy or Intimidate?


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Refreshed, Baolo does his best to keep alert as the group enter the livery. Upon hearing the growls of feral dogs, he slips his slim blade from its sheathe and in some comforting surprise, hears the gnome issue a serious of yips and barks. He had heard of how gnomes could speak with creatures of the natural world...but whether that was true, or that this gnome was just a little crazed, is still uncertain. Regardless, the hound was a sacred animal to him and he would prefer to not have to injure these beasts, even if they are feral. So he just waits, but prepares to react if Kira's ploy doesn't work.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius slowly lowers his bow a bit, though he keeps it loaded.

"Good doggos... let me sing you a song. We are friends."

So saying, the opera singer focuses a bit of magic as he begins to sing a bit of a song with a mellow, good-natured tune.

Perform: Sing: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 3 = 26

Cast Songbird as I start singing.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus follows with the group to the Livery. When Lodoro takes up the front with him, Rutilus gives him a friendly nod as if to say that they will defend their fledgling party together. Finding animal tracks in the dirt of the stable, Rutilus can do nothing but offer a shrug to the rest of the group as to what made them. When three feral dogs appear, Rutilus can't help but chuckle silently, "So that's one mystery solved." He instinctively starts to move in on the dogs, when the little gnome starts to speak to them. Rutilus decides to give her a chance but almost imperceptibly raises his shield and tightens his grip on his falcata.


@Kira, yeah Diplomacy is fine

The dogs seem somewhat soothed by Pellius' singing but they are still wary and look as if they might attack if anyone comes too close.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6
Kira Namfoodle wrote:
Kira peers at the dogs through the gloom. Whispering to the rest of the party, she says, "They look hungry. Does anyone have any food? In the meantime I'll try to talk them into leaving."

“It’s not much, but...” Adonara murmurs back, reaching for a pouch under her cloak and retrieving what might have been a bit of lunch packed for the protest, if the new lord mayor had been willing to put up with a longer gathering. With a flick of her thumb she undoes the fold of a handkerchief neatly wrapped around a sweet bun, which she prepares to break and toss to the dogs.

Feeling foolish, she asks Kira, “I suppose tell them they’ll have to share, but it’s what we’ve got? Do dogs even normally eat bread?”

Adonara’s got some trail rations? By spoiled elf standards, anyway. Let them eat brioche! ;)


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro just waits, glaive at the ready, to see if the others can manage to defuse this peacefully. He has no desire to kill some innocent dogs but he also has no intention of letting them harm him or his companions


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

"Thanks Adonara. Hopefully they'll take it."

Speaking to the dogs once more, Kira states, "We have a little food; we'll give it to you if you leave us alone. We just want to look around and then we'll leave. We don't want to fight."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Baolo waited warily, yet patiently as the bread was split and tossed to the dogs. Here is hoping the gnome's silver tongue and the small snack will be enough, the human thinks as he stands there tensely.


The dogs take the food and slope off into a corner, they pay you no further heed and seem to be content to let you wander around.

You can have a Knowledge nature check on the strange tracks


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

If memory serves anything higher than a ten requires training... can try untrained if you will hand-wave that requirement... otherwise pretty sure all any of us will be able to tell is that the tracks are small, given no one has that one trained.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira can't help herself; she does a little dance. I did it! I actually talked them into leaving us alone! Hah! And Falco said 'speak with animals' was useless. Ooh, wait until I tell him about this!

Then she remembers that this is supposed to be a serious occasion, the dawn of a new rebellion against Thrune, and stops dancing. Secret rebellion, Kira. Emphasis on secret. Gloating will have to wait.

Clearing her throat awkwardly, she tells the others, "The dogs should leave us alone now. I convinced them that we didn't want to fight."

Assuming that the dogs would have chased away any other predators, (or vice versa), she moves forward to search the stable.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius gradually ends his song as the dogs huddle off to eat the offered bread. Sighing a with relief, he lowers his bow completely... though he does keep the arrow nocked loosely in case there are other squatters elsewhere in the building.

"Good job, Kira. I hope they liked the tune... but would it be pushing our luck to ask them if they noticed any secret entrances or whatnot?"


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira looks doubtful. "I can try, but I don't think they'll know anything. The spell doesn't make them smarter."

It's still worth a shot though. So before searching the stable, she asks the dogs, "Have you seen any good places to hide?"

Presuming it's still within the spell's two-minute time limit. Asking for "places to hide" is as close to "secret passages" as I think Kira can get and still have a chance of the dogs understanding.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |
Pellius Aulamaxa wrote:
If memory serves anything higher than a ten requires training... can try untrained if you will hand-wave that requirement... otherwise pretty sure all any of us will be able to tell is that the tracks are small, given no one has that one trained.

That is correct. A normal bard CAN use all knowledge skills untrained but the Chelish Diva archetype traded that out

Lodoro looks over at the excited gnome and grins

"Very well done Kira. You saved 3 lives today! You should be proud of yourself"

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara breathes a bit more easily once it becomes clear that the dogs, mollified by Kira’s quick thinking, are going to leave the group alone. She advances further into the stable briskly, sparing the dogs another glance as she goes. I hope the poor brutes can avoid that lunatic Thrune. As cruel as the alleys can be, I would think even less of their chances with him.

As she presses on, it occurs to her to check for the dogs’ own tracks, against the strange little ones she saw earlier. On the off chance that our GM is feeling generous in interpreting circumstance bonuses / bending the usual limits on what checks can be made untrained…

Spoiler:
Know (nature) (untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 I'll be damned. Maybe? Or paint me with woad and call me a druid. ;)

After taking another look around, she gestures towards the grated alcove, airily, despite the weapon still coiled ready in her hand. “At a guess, that does look like the likeliest place anything interesting would still be left in this place.”

She’ll make a waspline to it.


Adonara, you can make out two distinct sets of traps, one set is clearly from the dogs, you think the other tracks are made by some kind of fey creature.

The dogs tell you that there is a hiding place beyond the iron gate, they don't tend to use it but the small rat like things use them when they come upstairs


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

"Apparently there's a 'hiding place' beyond the gate. And some 'small, rat-like things' that like to use it whenever they come upstairs. Maybe that's what made the strange tracks? If nothing else, we now know for sure that there's a downstairs."

Kira continues searching the stable.

Using the 22 from my 'search the stable' perception roll a couple posts ago, unless you'd prefer I reroll.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Baolo takes up a position somewhere in the middle of the group, so that he can rush to the front, or back, as needed. Weapon still drawn, but not at the ready, he waits to see what those more perceptive discover as he take another draw form his clay mug. Hearing about rate like creatures however, he begins to look about. "Well, let's hope they are as harmless as the dogs currently are," he says quite non-enthusiastically. Indeed, this was a slow start to their efforts to topple the government. Granted, they turned back a few Thrune loyalists, but now they were faced with dogs and rats, nothing very heroic about facing these types of critters.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara only takes a few steps before Kira’s next words bring her up short. Vaguely remembered stories – and a few misadventures – from childhood float back up to the top of her consciousness.

“An aos sí,” she says softly in Sylvan, before switching politely to Taldane, and addressing Baolo’s comment especially, “Perhaps, but I think I’ve got it now. The animal side of things was a bit confusing, but, especially with what Kira’s saying, I think we’re dealing with some sort of fey. Unseelie sprites? Mites? Gremlins? We’ll have to be careful.” I should have paid better attention to grandmother’s stories.

Still, there’s nothing for it but to see what’s what, and even as she speaks, Adonara approaches the gate with an eye to seeing how to get the rusty thing open.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Moving further in to the main stable area, Baolo is tempted to explore the rest of the adjoining rooms outside of what lies beyond the gate, but decides it is better to no draw too closely to where the dogs ate. So instead, he turns his attention to the to old gate as well and comments, "So, anyone here know how to spot anything mechanical like that might surprise us? If this use to be a hideout, I imagine some traps of that type might still be about." Baolo is willing to test the door, but only once he knew that surprises were only on the other side and not around the door itself.


Kira you spot a signet ring worth 250gp and a key that looks as if it would fit the lock on the gate.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro advances, glaive at the ready, trying to position himself between the group and any possible danger.

"Well, I can look. But I once fell through the trapdoor on stage, looking for things isn't my strong point :-)"


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

"Regardless of what may be ahead, it would appear we have no choice but to move forward." Rutilus adds his consent about moving forward. He then moves forward to examine the gate for anything that may cause them issue. "If I were setting up a meeting place for a secret society I would definitely trap the entrance," he thinks to himself while examining the gate.

Perception to search for traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

If he doesn't find any traps, and Kira offers it, Rutilus will take the key and open the gate

I don't have the rogue trapfinding skill, but I do have a few points of disable device and thieves tools. If it looks like we need it, I can take trapfinding as a slayer talent at 4


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Seeing Rutilus start examining the gate, Kira pipes up. "I found a key; do you think it goes to that gate?" She hands it over.

Then she starts turning the ring over in her hands, examining the seal. Hmmm, do I recognize the family?

With GM permission I'm going to try for History rather than Nobility (which Kira doesn't have).

K. History: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius does have Knowledge Nobility, and did mention he was a minor noble... if you want he can always give it a try.

Pellius smiles at the memory of Lodoro falling through the trap door.

"This is true, though to be entirely fair to you, you were more than slightly distracted by the new cellist as she was giving the conductor a rather scathing tirade about 'not giving her enough direction' to keep in time with the rest of the orchestra. And people think we were the divas, eh?" As he says this he laughs at the memory, but there is a hint of sadness to his look as well.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara watches Rutilus’ approach attentively as he checks the gate for anything amiss, silently trying to work out the sorts of things he's looking for. Aiding another, if she can. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 It’s been far too long since she’s had any practice with Erisia the last time she was home, even if the last few sessions involved more wine and gossip and catching up than outwitting security devices, but still. The scoundrel always encouraged her to keep as many options open for getting past obstacles as she could…

Since Adonara's a sneak, I have no objection to tossing a few skill points towards the safe breaking-and-entering line when she can spare them, if you decide that's not something you're into when the time comes, Rutilus. But I wouldn't want to step on your toes. (Though for Adonara to even hope to be able to, if she were so gauche, would require shenanigans with wands, anyway.)


Rutilus and Adonara you do not find any traps.

Pellius and Kira you recognise the symbol as belonging to the Juliac family, a noble house 50 years ago, however the last of the line passed away 30 years ago.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius glances at the ring in the hands of Kira and recognizes the crest after a moment's recollection. "Ah, now that is an odd find... House Juliac... if my recollection serves the last of their line died three decades ago without a recognized heir. Tragic, they had finally been recognized as a noble family only twenty years before that."

Rolling Nobility and Local to see if he can remember anything else about that family or if they were associated with the slaughter house prior to it closing/them dying out.
Knowledge: Nobility: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

"The gate appears to be clear." Rutilus says to himself more than anyone. He then takes the key offered by Kira and unlocks the gate before picking up on the conversation of Pellius. "Perhaps these... Did you say Juliacs? Perhaps they were prominent members of the old Silver Ravens and their line died when the Ravens did? Regardless, perhaps we should continue these thoughts from inside the gate? It wouldn't be wise for a group to be spotted hanging around an abandoned building during the ... recent unpleasantness?"

Don't worry about stepping on Rutilus's toes as far as breaking and entering are concerned. I find it more of a secondary thing. I plan on putting a point into disable device every level just because its generally useful. I think it also fits character wise as a character that grew up living off the streets taking what he needed.


Pellius, you recall that the livery was once a slaughterhouse but was remade into a thriving stable under the direction of the Juliac family until the Juliac family became defunct. It is not known if they were members of the Silver Ravens.

The gate opens into what would have been the old killing floor in the days when the livery was actually a slaughterhouse. It looks at one point as if there was a secret door into the next room (A3). However due o the passage of time the secret door now hangs off its hinges.

A3

This old workroom houses numerous old slaughterhouse tools, veterinary equipment and woodworking tools, all of which are covered with a thick layer of dust through which strange tracks and patterns have been traced. Heavy mallets, crumbling ropes, and tools for restraining animals hang from pegs in the walls or rest atop leaning tables. To the southwest, a trap door sits ajar, propped open by a block of wood.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

The bard shakes his head at Rutilus' question.

"If they were members of this secret society, they did a good job of hiding it. It is more likely that the owner lost it while visiting. The Juliac's loved horses... ended up acquiring this place when it was still a slaughter house and converting it into a rather upscale stable. It was well received and did a decent amount of business before their family died... afterwords it closed, likely from no one clearly being the owner."

Looking into the floor, he notices the door off of it's hinges. "Well, it would seem we are not the first people here..."


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

"Shall we advance and see what we see. Be ready for an ambush, though, the fact that we're not the first people here seems ominous to me"


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira moves into the 'secret' room, continuing to look around for anything useful. She stays away from the trap door for now.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

"It looks like the trap door leads to the 'downstairs' the dogs were talking about. Which means those 'rat-like things' are probably down there. Do you think they'd be smart enough to prop open the door?"

Glancing behind her at the others, she adds, "Once we're ready, I can cast a light spell on a mallet or something and drop it down there. Unless there's already light down there of course, in which case it wouldn't be needed but would raise a whole lot of questions."

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara carefully traces a finger along the patterns on the dusty table in the room while listening to Pellius’ brief summary of the livery’s history. That makes sense, she thinks, reflecting on the part of town they’re in. Close to the city walls, but not quite as to the gates as one might expect for a stable this size.

“Do let’s,” she agrees with Kira. “If those tracks were made by the sort of thing I think they were, said things must have been clever enough, definitely. Though if they had to prop that door open, they’re probably about so small, and if they opened it themselves, there might be a few of them… And whoever left these marks, they weren’t interested in hiding their traces, but not in any of this stuff in any regular way either.” The first time in years I roll up a character without Kn. (arcana), and so, of course… XD

Once we drop the mallet or whatever, Adonara will give it half a minute or so to see if it stirs anything up before jumping down herself if it seems clear.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius tsks. "Have you forgotten already? Lady Shelyn provides all the light you need." Four orbs of light start rotating around him once more. Cast Dancing Lights, orb form. "Say the word and I will send them down to see what scurries back up."


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Moving with the others, Baolo adds, "Some light would probably be good. Unlike Rutilus and the elf there...I am sure the rest of us would function much better with a tad more light."

Should Pellius send the light down, Baolo will stand closer to the front of the group that descends after it.


The light reveals a large room. Nests made of chewed crates and barrels line the walls, while rusty knives and hooks cover the tabletops. From the shaft below there is the eye-watering stench of urine and faeces. As the light hits the floor, just for a moment you see half a dozen large rats scurrying away.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus sighs. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised its rats. Building has been abandoned for awhile" Seeing Adonara waiting to drop down to the room below, Rutilus gives her a sign as if to say "Ladies first" before dropping down after her.

Magus at level two and no K. Arcana?


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Uh, aren't we level 1? That was what the recruitment said. I just noticed that some of us seem to be level 1 and others level 2

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

We levelled up after delivering Rexus safe and sound to Crissali’s. This is almost certainly, in part, our GM’s generous effort to keep us from imminently being devoured by grues, or something.

Rutilus Rathgan wrote:

Rutilus sighs. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised its rats. Building has been abandoned for awhile" Seeing Adonara waiting to drop down to the room below, Rutilus gives her a sign as if to say "Ladies first" before dropping down after her.

Magus at level two and no K. Arcana?

:p 2+Int skill points goes a lot further if one’s actually a magus and not a moonlighting, sneaky off-label paladin holy warrior.

Actually seeing – and what is quite possibly worse, smelling – what’s down there is almost enough to make Adonara think better of volunteering to go first, but she has her pride. And, besides, in her line of work, she’s confident she’ll be able to find someone who would enjoy cleaning her boots.

“Indeed. Let’s hope it really is just rats,” she says, grinning tightly, before jumping down.

Stepping aside to make room for Rutilus, she takes a quick closer look at the room’s contents. She notes the door, and then steps over to the nearest table and tries to estimate how long the cutlery on it has been there, looking for any distinguishing marks that might unite the collection. (I mean, is this like a job lot, like someone was trying to equip an armoury type thing, or something more idiosyncratic?) Once the serious half-elf has had an opportunity to take his own look around, she revises her assessment from the room above. “Alright, so not veterinarians, nor butchers, but someone had a thing for knives, at least. I wouldn’t think that the Ravens would just leave all this lying around, though.”


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Thanks. Paizo hadn't told me that discussion got updated


Adonara, the knives seem to be part of a job lot, they are just mundane knives rather than anything special. At this point you notice that oddly the walls appear to be bleeding. There is also the sound of squeaking starting to get louder.

Are the rest of you going down?


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira descends with the rest of the group, looking around nervously. Ugh, this is the worse thing I've ever smelled! And where's that squeaking coming from? Didn't the rats run away?

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

It takes a second for her to notice the wall. Once she does she gasps in shock and jumps backwards.

Infernal:
"Is that wall bleeding!? This place really is haunted!"

I figure the bleeding walls combined with the generally creepy atmosphere would freak her out enough to qualify as "stress."


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius decends about 3rd or 4th, just in time to hear Kira swap to Infernal. He sends one of the lights closer to the walls to examine it better. Nothing should have been killed here anywhere near recently enough for blood... perhaps a stage trick to scare away wanderers?

Percerpion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

... so apparently any roll I make with this character that isn't perform related wiffs...

Infernal:

"Take a deep breath, Kira. I am sure there is a logical explanation for this. Probably a magical effect or the like."

He hopes that he sounds more confident than he is.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira tries to follow Pellius' advice. Deep breaths. Right. It's probably just a spell or something.

She checks to see if any magical effects are present, and if so she tries to figure out what they are.

Casting Detect Magic. K. Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro would certainly go down as well to protect his companions

GM only:

Bet that is a haunt
know religion: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Untrained, so 10. In case that is enough

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Still strange, but nothing obviously evil or skin-crawlingly weird about which knives have been collected, Adonara concludes, while everyone gathers. Before she pronounces her judgement, though, the walls change and Kira gasps. If the sight weren’t enough, ‘bleeding’ is one of the few words Adonara knows in a handful of planar languages, and instinct takes over.

“Everybody out!” she recommends firmly, not yet alarmed enough to eye the trapdoor back up, but quickly crossing the room to throw the door into the next room of the basement open so that everyone can get out of the nightmare scene.

She turns to let the others go first, a hurried prayer already tumbling from her lips. It might just be an illusion, she knows, trying not to flash black to one particular horrific night in her memory, but also remembering her training concerning all the ways uneasy spirits can manifest.
Know (religion), if that will help figure out what's happening: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16 Spellcraft?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

151 to 200 of 1,434 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.