About Kira Namfoodle
Female Gnome Oracle 3
CG Small Humanoid (Gnome)
Init +2; Senses: Low-Light vision; Perception +9
AC (CoMS) 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +1 dodge, +2 Dex.,+1 Size)
AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+1 dodge, +2 Dex.,+1 Size)
HP 24 (3d8)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against fear and despair effects
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells or effects
+1 trait bonus on all saving throws against illusion effects.
+4 trait bonus to Will saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.
Speed 20 ft.
Ranged Light Crossbow +5 (1d6+0, 19-20/x2)
Melee Light Mace +5 (1d4-1, x2)
Melee MWK Silver Dagger +6 (1d3-1, 19-20/x2)
Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 19
Base Atk +2; CMB +3; CMD 12
Granted via Feat Taxes:
Martial Mastery: Combat feats can be applied to all weapons in the same group.
Weapons Finesse: Use Dex instead of Str on attack rolls with light weapons
Agile Maneuvers: Use your Dex bonus when calculating your CMB
Combat Expertise: Trade attack bonus for AC bonus
Power Attack: Trade melee attack bonus for damage
Point-Blank Shot: Considered to have as a prerequisite for other feats
Deadly Aim: Trade ranged attack bonus for damage
Bluff : +10 (+3 Class Skill, +4 CHA, +3 Rank)
Favored Class Bonus (Oracle)
Spells Known (CL3):
Dancing Lights (1/day): Create torches or other lights
Ghost Sound (DC16) (1/day): Figment sounds. (+1 DC feat, +1 DC racial)
Prestidigitation (1/day): Perform minor tricks
Speak with Animals (1/day): You can communicate with animals
Orisons (Default DC14):
Level 1 (6/day) (Default DC15):
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Oracles are proficient with all simple weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).
Bonus Spells: color spray (2nd), hypnotic pattern (4th), daylight (6th), rainbow pattern (8th), overland flight (10th), chain lightning (12th), prismatic spray (14th), sunburst (16th), meteor swarm (18th).
Awesome Display: Your phantasmagoric displays accurately model the mysteries of the night sky, dumbfounding all who behold them. Each creature affected by your illusion (pattern) spells is treated as if its total number of Hit Dice were equal to its number of Hit Dice minus your Charisma modifier (if positive).
Coat of Many Stars: You conjure a coat of starry radiance that grants you a +4 armor bonus. At 7th level, and every four levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +2. At 13th level, this armor grants you DR 5/slashing. You can use this coat for 1 hour per day per oracle level. The duration does not need to be consecutive; it can instead be spent in 1-hour increments.
+2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Gnomes are physically weak but surprisingly hardy, and their enthusiastic attitudes make them naturally agreeable.
Small: Gnomes are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
Slow Speed: Gnomes have a base speed of 20 feet.
Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Gnome Magic: Gnomes add 1 to the DCs of any saving throws to resist illusion spells that they cast. Gnomes with a Charisma of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, and speak with animals. The caster level for these effects is equal to the gnome’s character level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the gnome’s Charisma modifier.
Illusion Resistance: Gnomes get a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells or effects.
Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Languages: Gnomes begin play speaking Common, Gnome, and Sylvan. Gnomes with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc.
Academician (Alternate Racial Trait): Some gnomes are more academically inclined than their kin. Gnomes with this racial trait gain a +2 bonus on any single Knowledge skill. This racial trait replaces the obsessive racial trait. (Chosen Knowledge skill: Geography)
Light Crossbow: 35gp, 2lbs
Crossbow bolts (40): 4gp, 2lbs
Crossbow Bolts, Cold Iron (20): 4gp, 1lb
Light Mace: 5gp, 2lbs
Masterwork Silver Dagger: 322gp, 0.5lbs
Dagger: 2gp, 0.5lbs
Studded Leather Armor: 25gp, 10lbs
Gold: 72gp, 2sp, 8cp
Total Weight: 30.25 pounds (Light Load)
Kira’s parents are both professors at the famous Alabaster Academy. Her mother Lille focuses on botany, while her father Aethilwald teaches several history courses. Both of them enjoy learning about the many wonders of this world, but Kira was always more interested in the stars. Astronomy isn’t one of the primary areas of study at the Academy, but there are a few esoteric professors who have been happy to indulge her curiosity.
With the takeover of the city by Lord-Mayor Thrune, Kira worries about the effect his strange proclamations and recent institution of martial law will have on Kintargo. She joins the protest in Aria Park hoping to show Thrune that the city of Kintargo will not be so easily cowed.
10 Minute Background:
Step 1: write five things about your character’s concept and background, five things that you think are the most essential parts of your character.
1. Kira is a scholar at heart. While her primary focus is astronomy, she enjoys learning about any subject.
2. Kira has spent her entire life in Kintargo and loves the city. However, this doesn’t actually translate to knowing much about it. Her interests have always been academic in nature, so she’s spent very little time exploring.
3. As a gnome she’s innately drawn to the tricks and possibilities available from the magic school of illusion, while her academic mind seeks the patterns present everywhere in nature. She has little talent for arcane spell casting, but this has led her to sneak into some of the arcane magic classes at the Academy in hopes of figuring out new spells.
4. Kira worships Desna, but with the tightening of Chelaxian influence on the city is unable to fully express her faith. She does have a small butterfly pendant which she wears under her clothes at all times, and takes comfort in the fact that no matter how dark the times, the Starsong will always brighten her path.
5. Kira is gregarious, charming, and wants to believe the best of people. However her father has always impressed upon her the importance of being able to keep secrets, particularly once she learned about his membership in the Sacred Order of Archivists. As such she’s careful never to reveal too much to people she doesn’t trust.
Step 2: List two goals for the character that you, as a player, think would be cool to see accomplished in-game.
1. Kira would like to see Lord-Mayor Thrune removed from power, and the reinstatement of the former mayor, Jilia Bainilus. She believes Thrune’s random whims are a danger to the city she loves, and with her father’s recent disappearance he’s evidently become a danger to her family as well.
2. Kira is working towards becoming a professor of astronomy at the Alabaster Academy. She hopes that her efforts will encourage the Academy to focus on astronomy as well as botany, medicine, and zoology.
Step 3: List two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
1. (Character knows.) Aethilwald Namfoodle is a member of the Sacred Order of Archivists and has been missing ever since martial law was declared. Neither Kira nor Lille have been able to find out anything about what may have happened to him, or where he might be now.
2. (Character does not know.) Kira’s bitterest academic rival, Lucia Corvus, caught a glimpse of the butterfly pendant Kira always wears and deduced, (correctly), that Kira is a Desna worshipper. As a devout Asmodean and a member of the Chelish Citizen’s Group, she’s outraged by what she sees as a blatant defiance of the law. This has devolved what started as mere rivalry into hatred, and if she had the chance Lucia would gladly see Kira thrown into prison...or worse.
Step 4: Describe three people that are tied to the character though blood, romance or honor. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
1. Kira is very close to her mother Lille. They share a fascination for the natural world, even though that fascination manifests itself in different ways.
2. Danio Salvus is one of the few astronomy professors at the Academy. Kira has attended almost all of his classes and considers him to be a mentor. Other than her parents, he is the only person she’s confided in about the strange new powers she’s begun manifesting.
3. Kira once won an academic award which Lucia Corvus, another student, believed rightfully should have gone to her. Since then Lucia has repeatedly and loudly insisted that Kira was only allowed into the Academy due to nepotism. What trouble she’s caused so far has been limited to little more than schoolyard pranks, but Kira worries that she may eventually escalate.
Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
1. Kira’s fascination with the stars began early. When she was 10 her mother took her out of the city to gather some botanical specimens, and they camped out for the night. She’d never seen the stars like that. So close it seemed like you could reach out and touch them. Fascinated, she spent the whole night just watching the sky, (with her indulgent albeit very tired mother at her side).
2. One day while coming home from class she was accosted by a couple thugs. Frightened, she backed up into a fog bank that hadn’t been there before. Praising Desna for her rescue, she ran home as fast as she could. When she got there though, her panic only increased as she couldn’t understand a word her parents were saying...nor could they understand her. A little research revealed that she had been speaking Infernal, a language she’d never learned and yet somehow understood perfectly. Ever since she’s suffered from a nagging fear. Did that fog bank, (and the other powers she has since manifested), truly come from Desna, or did they come from a more sinister origin?
3. Shortly before Thrune instituted martial law and Aethilwald went missing, Kira woke up to her parents arguing. Lille was insisting that they needed to leave the city; it was getting too dangerous. Aethilwald countered that this was all the more reason to stay; they couldn’t just abandon the city to Thrune’s madness. Kira had never heard her normally mild-mannered father sound so passionate, and was struck by his clear devotion to Kintargo. The memory of that night is largely behind Kira’s decision to join the protests despite the possible danger. Her father refused to abandon Kintargo, and neither will she.
I should be able to post every day, but if I'm ever holding up the action please bot me. I've given some basic tactics here, but feel free to deviate from them if the situation calls for it.
Basic Combat Tactics:
Cut and Paste: