Hells Rebels

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the city of Kintargo, there are those who seek to overthrow House Thrune.

The Proclamations

Treasure List

Notes

Maps

images


101 to 150 of 1,424 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Seeing no clear avenue to move forward to attack himself, Pellius resorts to doing what he does best: singing.

Opening into a more rowdy rendition of some of the drinking songs sung in pubs and inns in Kintargo, the bard attempts to get his allies pumped up for the ensuing brawl.

Begin bardic performance: inspire courage, not sure if it would affect anyone this round or not, but would be 4th round this day... 6 rounds left. Oh, and if the gloved man is still in the fight, he would extend that performance's benefits to him if he is willing.


Kira just misses the thug.

Kira initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Adonara initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Lodoro initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Baolo initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Pellius initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Rutilus initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

thug initiative: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6


Initiative order:

Block 1: Adonara, Lodoro, Baolo, Pellius and Rutilus

Block 2: Thugs

Block 3: Kira

Block 1 over to you.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Now within range of the thug, and feeling the magic of Pellius' song lifting his spirits, Baolo grins as he thrusts out with his rapier. Indeed, the brewer intended to show the Cherish boot licked the same mercy that they were planning for the bearded man laying on the ground not far from them.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro dances back so that his glaive can contact his enemy.

bluff to feint: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
glaive: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 4 vs (hopefully) no dex AC
for damage: 1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14 non lethal

"Flee little fool. Today is not a good day for you to die! My companions are less merciful than I am"


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

I believe you said the one in front of me was dropped

"One down, three to go... Need to end this quickly so we can give whatever aid this man needs... and then maybe he can tell me if he knows what happened to the Ol' Man..." With that thought, Rutilus focuses on his training and singles out the next closest threat to the bearded man. He mentally sizes him up as he waits for his opening. When he sees it, Rutilus slides and strikes with a quick thrust.

Move: Studied Target the thug to the southwest of the bearded man.
5 footstep on to the body of the man I dropped
Standard: Attack

Couragous studied attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 14


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Finally seeing a bit of an opening, Pellius saunters up singing to the man being attacked by Lodoro and the half-elf. And, once again, his focus on getting the pitch and tune right impacts his accuracy with the weapon in his hand as the sword swing goes wide.

Move action to take position next to Lodoro and Rutlius, standard action to attack, free action to maintain song this round (brings me down to 5 rounds remaining this day).
Melee Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 1 = 11 No point rolling damage on that, unless he is flatfooted and has no armor.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Attack, w. courage inspired: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 1 = 19 Damage?: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4 As the group sweeps in, and feeling the song take her up with still more enthusiasm, Adonara follows up her first thrust with a swift slash up across her foe’s torso while their balance is off.

As she braces for a counterattack, one eye especially on the one thug who’s still out of her reach, she offers one last chance, honestly, but with an icy assessment of their chances, “Your choice. Throw down your weapons, and you can have as many of your friends as you can drag off while they’re still breathing.”

I don't think she's entirely ruthless. She might not volunteer, but if asked she would probably stabilize these idiots.


Baolo drops the thug in front of him,

Lodoro misses.

Rutilus drops the one near him.

Pellius misses

Adonara hits the remaining thug, he is still there but only just.

The remaining thug drops his weapon and surrenders.


Of the dropped thugs two are bleeding out


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Rapier still at the ready but weapon lowered, Baolo looks to the sole standing Brigade thug and warns, "Don't you move there. Try to flee and I will chase you down. I'm keep an eye on you while some of my new friends here see what they can do to help stop YOUR friends from bleeding out. Then, you can feel free to haul your gents away AFTER we've left with the poor soul you decided to bully." Keeping the serious expression on his face, Baolo adds, "Now's a good time to explain why you think attacking your fellow Kintargan puts you on the right side of anything. Are you with this group because what you think you are doing is right...or because you just like doling out a bit of hurting on some poor bloke?"

Baolo will not attack, instead trying a bit of reasoning. However, he had readied an action to charge the thug if he tries to flee.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Seeing the remaining thug throw down his weapons, Kira relaxes. Good, we can stop fighting now. Looking down, she notices that several of the thugs appear to be badly injured. They're bullies, but they're still citizens of Kintargo.

Rushing forward, she tries to help whichever one seems most injured. She's not particularly skilled with non-magical healing, (and she's starting to feel the weariness indicating that her magic will be running out soon), but surely she can't make it worse.

Heal: 1d20 ⇒ 9


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius ceases his song as the remaining thug surrenders. Deciding to play things safe, he proceeds to start collecting the fallen thugs' weapons off the ground, starting with that of the one still conscious.

"I doubt he is part of this merry band of hooligans on account of the free puppies and opportunity to help his fellow citizens." The bard rolls his eyes at the question of the bartender as he works.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

“Quite,” Adonara says coolly, maintaining her grimly admonitory role a moment longer as she cleans and sheathes her blade, before turning to the confusion of bodies scattered in the street, something kinder crossing her face. Stooping to each of the gravely wounded in turn, she murmurs a quick prayer in Elven, calling forth a twist of magic to stanch their bleeding, again and again, “Grant mercy, o Savoured Sting, that they may learn to fear your vengeance.” Stabilize for everyone that needs one! We're playing nice for now. :)

Finally, she approaches the man the thugs have beaten down, and, assessing his wounds, decides to ask for a bit more of her goddess’ grace, her Elven rising louder and clearer. White-gold light flares around Adonara’s hand, and she tries not to be swept away by memories of times – the one time, above all – that she was too late. “Unquenchable Fire, let this man’s heart beat bright again.”

Cure light wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Have faith, she chides herself inwardly, as the spell takes middling effect. Hopefully that will be enough to get him on his feet; she’ll convert her prepared shield of faith first, but she could do her bless too if that’s what it takes, though that leaves her out of everything but orisons and rather combative warpriest blessings.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

As another of the thugs fall, Rutilus searches for the next threat. Seeing all of the thugs unconscious, dead, or otherwise disabled, Rutilus turns his attention to the bearded man where the elven woman's hand begins to glow and his wounds begin to stitch up. "Thankfully she is here. My skill in the healing arts is inadequate."

With all the immediate threats taken care of, Rutilus looks for any that may be coming from the alleyways. He then speaks to the group, but the Elven woman in particular. "Can he move? We should probably be going from here before any other of these Chelish Citizen Group show up or worse yet the dottari."


[b]We were told to cause trouble by someone in a tavern, don't know his name, he never gave it, he paid well though.

Adonara stabilises the thugs and heals up the victim.

Pellius you manage to pick up the following:

4 sets of studded leather armour
4 light maces
4 sets of manacles
4 bronze Thrune pendants worth 30gp each
16gp.[/i]


The victim stands up, a little shakily.

Thank you. If you would follow me I will take you to a safe place, where I will be able to reward you properly


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro looks around at his fellows.

"Excellent. They all seem willing to NOT kill when that is appropriate. I'm glad to see that"

"Yes, perhaps we SHOULD all get off the streets and figure out who we all are. Beyond all obviously being opposed to that foul Thrune bastard"


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius nods to his friend as he tosses him half of everything he found. "Well said, old bean. Help me take these with us as we go... better in our hands than theirs and all that." So saying he secures his half (or less if someone else insists on helping them carry the citizen's thug association gear) of their foes gear and sets out behind the gloved man they rescued.


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

"Well, from the looks of it, you might want to reconsider these types of jobs in the future...didn't work out for you too well this time," Baolo retorts as he gathered up what gear he could and followed after the others of his new retinue.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6
Rutilus Rathgan wrote:
With all the immediate threats taken care of, Rutilus looks for any that may be coming from the alleyways. He then speaks to the group, but the Elven woman in particular. "Can he move? We should probably be going from here before any other of these Chelish Citizen Group show up or worse yet the dottari."
Rexus Victocora1 wrote:

The victim stands up, a little shakily.

Thank you. If you would follow me I will take you to a safe place, where I will be able to reward you properly

“Lead on, by all means. We’ll certainly try to keep you clear of more trouble – we’re glad to see you back on your feet, but I’m afraid that even one lucky dagger-thrust would defy the blessings I have to work with,” Adonara says with a rueful smile, answering both the muggee and the hooded man’s question about the limits of her healing.

As the group sets off again, she adds her own parting remonstrance to the lone remaining militiaman. “A hint: I’m the last person to object to getting paid for getting into trouble, but only if no one’s going to get hurt. The pushed push back, hmm?” (Not quite, “Go, and sin no more,” but what can one do? :) )

Her smile does reach her eyes, but its gleam is like that on a knight’s blade.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Happy to see Adonara stabilize the thugs, Kira ceases her own (fruitless) efforts. The conversation goes over her head, but that was only to be expected. She assumes given the context that the group is offering to escort the ex-victim to safety.

She makes sure not to be left behind as the group heads off to wherever the young man is leading them.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Seeing the confusion on the gnome woman's face, Pellius remembers that she seemed to only understand him when he was speaking in infernal - Why that of all languages... I would be suspicious if I thought the pompous fool residing in my theater capable of subtlety on any scope or level, - and turns to her as they begin setting off.

Infernal:

"I take it you are tagging along with us further? If so the glove wearing man wishes to thank us for our help. If not, may whatever god you worship keep you safe and free from the dottari... and may Lady Shelyn bless your days with beauty and grace."

And may she also bless you with the ability to eventually learn Taldan, little gnome. Shaking his head to himself, he sets off after his companions.


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro doesn't understand most of what Pellius says, but in response to the one word that he DOES understand

"Praise Shelyn!!"


The man leads you to a bookstore called Crissali's Fine Tomes and heads to the back room.

"Thank you again for that timely rescue. Truth is, our meeting was no coincidence. I followed you from the protest earlier today, but in the panic that erupted I lost track of your group. You proved yourselves to be people of uncommon skill, and I am a man of uncommon needs. Please accept this gift of 100gp each as a reward.

My name is Rexus Victocora, and until last week's Night of Ashes, I was one of this city's nobles. My parents' estate burned to the ground that night - I escaped simply because I was studying at the Alabaster Academy during the fire. There were other fires that night, as you know-fires that many believe were started by Barzillai Thrune or his agents in an attempt to squash any spirit of rebellion Kintargo might have.

Now more than ever we need that spirit of rebellion to stay strong, but Thrune's actions have driven into hiding those who would stay strong and resist. Those who could once rally the city to a cause, such as Lord-Mayor Jilia Bainilus and my parents, are missing at best, and are more likely dead. I cannot do this on my own, but with the aid of talented citizens such as yourselves, I have hope that we can. Will you aid Kintargo? Will you save the city from the devil?"


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Baolo was not one to turn down coin in that amount. Indeed, that was more coin that he sees the Tankard bringing in even on good nights. However, the brewer is a little concerned by how freely this Rexus fellow threw about his coin...and what the man would ask in return. Not one who follows the affairs of nobility, merchants, and academics, Rexus' last name doesn't sound familiar to the priest from the streets. So he simply takes a swig from his mug as the man's next words don't quite put Baolo at ease, but he is glad that hear that this is a man who is also tired of the current state of Kintargo.

The fact that Kintargo is now probably on a hair's edge...where the populace could just as likely be beat back into submission than it could be fired up further against the current government, only fuels Baolo's desire to take action. He would need to be careful, for agreeing to whatever this man proposes could put what was left of his family, and his current livelihood, at risk if his role in what might come is discovered. However, as the lessons form his patron show, Free the oppressed, celebrate, then repeat. If he was careful, he might be able to live out that cycle...and under Barzillai Thrune, Kintargo is an oppressed in need of freeing.

So, with a grin that Rutilus would recognize as a sign that Baolo was ready to start some trouble, the broad shouldered brewer replies, "Sure. What do ya have in mind?"


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira relaxes as soon as they're inside the bookstore. The scent of old books is particularly calming to the scholarly gnome, even without considering the benefit of being out of sight of the thugs and dottari.

Listening to Rexus' tale, she nods to herself. I thought he looked familiar; I must have seen him around the Academy before. And his parents are missing too?

"I'm not really sure what I can do, but I want to help. Thrune is destroying this city. Maybe we can save it if we work together."

Wait a second...

Suddenly exuberant, she grins from ear to ear. "Yes! I can talk again! Thank you for translating for me," she indicates
Pellius and Rutilus, "I know it was a pain, I'm really sorry. I'm so glad you speak Infernal, usually the only ones who do are the last ones I'd want to talk to."

Excited over her ability to join the conversation, she completely misses how confusing this must be for Rexus, (not to mention the rest of the party).


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

Rutilus follows Rexus to someplace "safe." When they arrive in the backroom, he finally sheathes his blade and puts away his shield before lowering his hood. He listens intently as the man speaks and graciously accepts the money.

"A hundred gold, this can feed my family months. But what he's asking, can it be done? Should it be done? Is this what I was being trained for?" Questions as these circle through Rutilus's head before he comes to a resolution. "This must be done. If not what would become of Cassie or Tesario should we be caught or we break one of Thrune's foolish proclamations." Images of whatever he can think squassation means flash through his head cementing his resolve. Rutilus is about to speak his thoughts when the little gnome speaks up... in common. A look of shock and confusion crosses his face.
"She ... speaks common?" Rutilus shakes his head, "That is a question for another time"

Rutilus then focuses on Rexus. "I would like to help with this endeavor, but I have some questions for you. It appears while you were looking for us, I was looking for you. A good mentor and ... friend of mine, who goes by the name of Patch, has recently gone missing. This appears to line up with what you have said about your parents and the Mayor. An acquaintance of mine suggested you might have some information on this.


"Rutilus, I have heard of Patch, I think he is a member of the Bellflower Network. I do not know currently where they are hiding out but I will research this on your behalf.

Thank you for agreeing to help. I have recently discovered that my mother Porcia was a member of a secret order called the Secret Order of Archivists, a band of Iroran scholars dedicated to the protection and restoration of history. After the Night of Ashes I met with a woman named Laria Longroad, one of my mother's contacts. She produced a coffer of valuables and a note in my mother's hand. Here, you may read the letter (see notes link).

Laria spoke to my mother 7 days ago just after Lord Mayor Bainilus vanished. At the time Laria apparently thought my mother was overreacting. Anyway I give you as a sign of good faith the contents of the coffer.

So the coffer contains:

300gp
2 Victorocora signet rings worth 75gp each
2 m/w silver daggers
2 sets of bracers of armour +1

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Adonara is a bit surprised to see that they turn in at the door to Crissali’s, one of the landmarks she quickly established upon first arriving in the city, and she makes a mental note to consider the implications at a later date. She wishes there was time to do a bit of browsing, banter with the storekeep about decadent elven verse – but for now she merely directs a smile and a nod behind the counter and waits patiently to hear the group’s rescuee out.

She thinks a bit about Rexus’ account as a chorus of tentative assent begins to go around the room. Hearing an unexpected gnomish contribution in Common, she turns to the woman and offers a cheerful greeting in turn, “We’re glad to hear it! Honestly, it would probably do us all some good to get a better grip on a language the powers that be favour.”

Though, speaking of powers, that might account for it. Adonara has heard of such things in her training. They do say the gods’ greatest gifts often come at a price, she thinks, almost glad for her rather lesser talents. One of the warriors’ introduction of another party to the enumeration of the disappeared cuts Adonara’s metaphysical musings short.

“Indeed. It seems that some of those best placed to offer resistance have been targeted most efficiently,” she says, picking up the point as she addresses Rexus. “You seem mercifully well-informed: do you have any suggestions for how we might help to pick up the pieces?”

“I think you can rest assured that all of us here have and/or … represent interests in countering hellish meddling in Kintargo, at the very least,” Adonara concludes, unable to resist an opportunity to be a bit mysterious. While she is on her own – for various reasons, including plausible deniability – she makes sure that her powers that be in Kyonin have at least a vague idea of where she is.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Knowledge: Nobility: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Pellius nods his head as Rexus speaks. "I am a little familiar with your family... I am related to the Aulamaxa's myself, though I am far enough off the line of succession that I only rarely had to attend social events. You have my condolences, by the way... it cannot be easy not knowing for certain the fate of your family and having your home reduced to ashes in the same day." Turning to the gnome as she speaks Taldan - Wait... I have heard that my lady answer's prayers, but that is ridiculously fast... - he smile and says, "Well, I am just grateful that you can understand languages other than that one, at least some of the time. Why my mother insisted that I learn it I will never know."

Turning back to Rexus, he shrugs. "As for what you are saying... I honestly am not sure I am the right person for that job. I am just a lesser noble who studied to be an opera singer. I only showed up to the protest because I was tired of that infernal graceless man taking up residence in my place of worship to my Lady. I sing, I have knowledge of a little magic, and I can dazzle my foes with how many times I can miss them while swinging a longsword," the young man laughs good-naturedly at his self-deprecating joke. "Lodoro here is more suited to this kind of undertaking than I am."


Pellius you don't remember anything more about the Victocora family.

You do, however, recall that the Fair Fortune was a slaughterhouse in the Redroof district, long since abandoned


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius examines the note. "Odd place for a secret society to locate itself... if memory serves the 'Fair Fortune' used to be a slaughterhouse... cannot remember why the owner closed it up but no one has used the building for years now. Unless Thrune has passed an edict requiring empty buildings be torn down or some such nonsense we should be able to find it in the Redroof district. If we are going, might I suggest that we heal any injuries from the thugs at the protest first? Abandoned buildings usually attract squatters even in the best of times, and often not just of the two legged variety."

Setting down the letter, the bard sits down, pondering whether it is wise to come with the group on their adventure or to return to his family and warn them of the newest edicts proclaimed by their overlord.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

The Secret Order of Archivists! Was she working with Dad?

Biting her lip, the gnome frowns at the letter. Maybe this will help me find him. Or at least...at least what happened to him.

Anyone looking closely might see a sorrowful expression on Kira's face for a moment, before it's replaced with her usual curious demeanor.

"The Fair Fortune Livery huh? It sounds like a good place to start. As for the coffer, I appreciate your generosity, and we'll definitely need funding if this rebellion is to get anywhere, but..." Again she bites her lip. "Are you sure you want to be giving us all this stuff? The rings, especially. It doesn't seem right taking them."

Not trying to be a drag and turn down loot, but Kira's not comfortable taking family heirlooms from a guy whose parents (presumably) died only a few days ago.


Male CG Half-Elf Slayer 3 | HP: 28/30 | AC: 19 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 20 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +9, SM: +7 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None. | Image

"The Bellflower Network? Was he training me to join them?" A look of concern flashes across Rutilus's face before it returns to his stoic expression.

Knowledge Local for anything I might know about the Bellflower Network: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Thank you ... any information you can find me would be greatly appreciated." Rutilus then turns his attention to the note as it is passed around.

"So the Silver Ravens have been gone for awhile. I guess Patch wasn't a member then. Regardless, this livery is a good as spot as any to start." Rutilus then turns his attention to the bard, "It is not too strange a location. Abandoned buildings tend to be passed over and forgotten. Most people tend to stay away. Being a slaugterhouse on top of that, visitors would be rare. The perfect spot for a secret society." You can tell from his voice that he has some experience squatting in abandoned buildings.

He then looks over the group before speaking again. "I feel like we may have skipped a few steps on our flight from the Park. I do not know any of you except for Baolo over there." Rutilus says while nodding to the barkeep before continuing. "This must change if we are to work together. My name is Rutilus. If I like you can call me Ruti. I was raised in their orphanage and didn't much care for what they were teaching. So I left and have been living my own life on streets of Kintargo." With that he stops and waits for any other to speak


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro listens to the others and, when it his turn, reads the note

"I've never heard of these Silver Ravens before but this feels like more than mere coincidence to me. I can't help but feel that our feet may have been put on this path. In my case, I'm presuming by Shelyn. Certainly what is happening in our city is a disgrace in her eyes.

I can't guarantee what I'll do in the long run. I'm afraid that action on our part will fail and doom hundreds if not thousands. But I certainly think that we should, at a minimum, look into this hideout and see what is there. Perhaps the path will become clear.

Because if I see a path that has a CHANCE of success without condemning many to death then I'll take it. But I don't want to see this city drenched in the blood of its citizens, no matter how misguided some of them may be"

He then walks over to shake the hand of Rutlius
"Hello. My name is Lodoro. As you can tell, I am a worshipper of Shelyn. I am, or at least was, an aspiring Opera Singer before the new governor. Now, perhaps, I am on the path to becoming a Silver Raven"


Rutilus, you don't know much about the Bellflower Network as it is a secret society. You do recall that its goal is to free halfling slaves in the whole of Cheliax.

Going to allow for a bit of interaction/introduction between you before we move on to the Livery


Male Human Cleric (Hidden Priest) / 3 | AC 16 T 11 F 15 | HP 26/26 | F +5 R +2 W +6| | Channel Energy: 4/4 | Agile Feet 6/6 | Init +2

Baolo didn't like the uncertain tone he was hearing from those gathered around them. Certainly the insane proclamations and the willingness that Thrune had for using violence to dissuade riled Baolo's stomach, shouldn't it rile theirs as well. Though part of him agreed that caution was needed, the tenets of the Drunken Hero outline clearly what his path would be. So, with a determined brewer adds, "I know we have not had much time for introductions. I am Baolo and I am tired of seeing a Thrune's face hanging from the windows of my family's tavern. Thiis Thrune has made his intent clear to me. So no matter what we find, and though I understand the concern some of you feel, this simple brewer is committed to fighting what is to come."


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius just shakes his head at Lodoro. "See what I mean, totally better suited to secret society type things." Smiling warmly, the bard stands again. "Some of you might have heard of me, depending on your tastes in music, but I am Pellius Aulamaxa. Former singer and performer at the Opera house with my good friend Lodi." He dramatically gestures to the man as if introducing him for his end-of-performance bow. "I am still not convinced that I will be able to do much more than provide you and your revolution much more than songs and dramatic lighting," he once again summons forth swirling orbs of light that dance around him before settling over the heads of Baolo, Rutilus, Kira, and Adonara and then winking out of existence, "but I must admit that I do want my stage back from that graceless infernal man and his cronies. So who am I to argue if you think that music is necessary to complete this undertaking? My lady Shelyn would certainly agree I'd wager."

He cast dancing lights for the effect described in case it wasn't clear.

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

When the note reaches her, Adonara sits up a bit and grows momentarily grave. Oh, the poor man, she thinks. The way he started, he made it sound as if there was some hope, but from what this note says… She meets Rexus’ gaze and exchanges a silent look of understanding, but does not intrude verbally on his grief. It wouldn’t be her way, but she respects his stiff upper lip.

If that’s what helps him now… For her part, Adonara also helps the flow of conversation along as the discussion turns to next steps, not least introductions. However, she does open with the first thing that springs to mind as Pellius and Rutilus discuss the ‘Fair Fortune;’ it would only be fair, though she's encouraged by Baolo's boldness: “Not too strange? They say it’s haunted – and this morning in the park some of the women I was talking to were saying there have been more strange noises lately. People are calling for the place to be torn down. Although, of course, if it’s an old safe-house that would go quite a way toward explaining the thing.”

“In any case, I would be honoured to join you all. Although it is a bit strange to say so, I shall try to be the silver-est crow that ever flew – or that I can be, at least,” she says bravely, and somewhat playfully, knowing there are singers in the room (Winking at the real-world song ‘The Blackest Crow’, if all y’all aren’t folk music nerds.), though gently, out of respect for Rexus’ loss. Goddess help us, I’m surrounded by Shelynites. Well, their hearts are in the right place.

She introduces herself briefly and easily, “Adonara Strixis, late of Kyonin. I dabble in many things, but I suppose you might say I help people discover what they want, and – if we can come to a mutually agreeable arrangement – help them get it.”

“I’m a courtesan,” she adds, lightly, “and, apparently, a conspirator.” Her small smile appears unconsciously and unobtrusively, but even when she’s seated on a straight-backed chair in the back room of a book shop, it’s the sort of thing to trouble the dreams of censors - and encourage tax collectors whose contracts include what Chelish law is pleased to call vices.

Everyone, please let me know if I go too far for anyone. I'm not aiming for anything more scandalous than, say, Milady de Winter as envisioned in the old Disney "Three Musketeers," but let me know if I miscalculate.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira stands up straight, a determined look on her face. ”I want to help. My name is Kira Namfoodle, and I will not ignore what Thrune is doing to my city.” Looking at Rexus, she adds, ”Any more than my father would have. He too was a member of the Secret Order of Archivists, and like your parents he’s been missing ever since the Night of Ashes. I have to find out what happened to him.”

”As for what I can do, I know some magic, like the mists I called earlier.” She looks a little embarrassed. ”I believe this magic comes from Desna, but I confess I’m not sure. Ever since it started I seem to have also been, well, cursed. It’s important for you to know that if we’re to work together. Whenever I’m frightened, or unusually stressed, suddenly I can only speak, and understand, Infernal.” Under her breath, she mutters, ”Which made for some very awkward conversations with my professors about exam results.”

She looks around at the group. ”I understand how suspicious that might sound. But hopefully my actions today speak towards my sincerity.”


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Pellius looks at Kira and shakes his head.

"Well, that explains things. And I will not lie, the thought of something underhanded being the reason did cross my mind... but I dismissed it as quickly. Say what you will about Thrune's brutality, but somehow subtlety is not something I attribute to him. Even having the citizen's guard there in cloaks was probably stretching his creativity. Trying to have an infernal speaking gnome infiltrate a group of people that, by chance, happened upon the remaining Victocora family member to bring us down from the inside on the off chance that we try to reform the Silver Ravens," Pellius finally takes a quick breath, "is so many layers of 'subtle' that I somehow doubt the buffoon's infantile brain could even process them all, let alone direct it into action." So saying, he drops the gear he previously stripped from the guards.

"As another topic, do you think we should put these on prior to leaving? It might get us to our destination faster if our oppressors thought we were among their number, not the citizenry."


I'm happy for you to wear the thug's uniforms if you want to.
And so we move on to the livery - Map number 4

This ages stable leans slightly to one side, its roof precariously propped up by aged wooden walls. The air reeks of stale urine. Broken desks, scuffed tables, and torn chairs crowd the thirteen horse stalls all of which are covered with a healthy layer of dust. A grated off alcove along the southeast wall seems to house the only relatively intact ware.


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira positions herself towards the back of the group, sticking close to the door as they enter the stable. She's nervous, but also a little excited. I'm finally doing something, something that matters. Something that can help.

She looks around cautiously, in particular trying to see if there's anyone hiding out in the stable. Smells like urine, there's been some squatters. Hopefully none of them are here now!

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Upon entry, the young bard takes up a spot near Kira, armed with his short bow, arrow in hand (but not nocked into place yet).

"I can create a light to help search the place if anyone thinks it is wise." He says in a low voice as he takes a look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Aasimar L2 Warrior Poet/L1 Paladin | HP 33/33 AC 18, Touch 14, Flat 14 | F +6, R+4, W+2 | Per +0, SM +10 |Init +4 | Speed 30 ft |

Lodoro enters the stable, putting himself at the front of the party ready to defend others.

His glaive is ready to strike down any threats although, of course, he'd prefer to talk to them if that is at all possible

Silver Crusade

Female Elf Warpriest (Wasp Zealot) 3 / Magus (Spire Defender) 1 HP 32/32 | AC 19 | T 15 | FF 16 | CMD 18 | Fort +6 | Ref +3| Will +8 | Init +2 | Perc + 6

Backtracking a bit, non-essential, self-indulgent silliness before heading to the livery:
Pellius Aulamaxa wrote:
"As another topic, do you think we should put these on prior to leaving? It might get us to our destination faster if our oppressors thought we were among their number, not the citizenry."

“Thank you kindly for collecting all these,” Adonara says gratefully as Pellius lays out the spoils of the group’s latest clash with Thrune’s cat’s-paws. Or dog’s-paws, given what I hear of his preference in service animals. “I do think, though, that given our numbers, that I’m obviously foreign, and so on, that I shan’t, at the moment. I would rather avoid notice altogether, but in the worst case, we could feign that a couple of us have been apprehended.”

“That said…” She does help herself, unless they run short, to one of the light maces, and a set of manacles. “Not quite my cup of tea, but they do have their uses.”

Giving them an experimental swing in her hand, Adonara puts the slender shackles away before briefly browsing the store’s shelves as everyone gets ready to set out again: no sense in annoying Crissali needlessly with a hussy’s antics. After all, she’ll definitely want to return soon to browse Crissali’s selection of works on magic.

Once they’re off, Adonara does just ask, “Would everyone mind if we stop briefly by my lodgings first? It’s more or less on the way, and after this morning, I think I might want to reconsider my armament. I’ve got something that I’m – candidly – somewhat less familiar with than this particular lash, but I am getting used to it.”

If no one’s got any objections, Adonara will glom onto one of the thugs’ light maces and swap out her dagger for one of the silver ones from Rexus’ cache – though she’ll happily hand it over to someone who’s a better shot.

As the group (Are we silver fledglings, now? Adonara wonders.) enters the abandoned livery, she pauses to take the coil of the new whip she stopped off to pick up on the way into her hands. It’s fairly unremarkable, but a connoisseur’s eye would note that the wire braided through it basically extends a lethal coil of razoring blades. Yay for scorpion whips! Huzzah for no longer being thwarted by armour bonuses!

Adonara’s own eyes scan the stable’s interior curiously. Beyond her immediate interest, there’s the hint of bemusement of someone who’s used to the idea that someone else takes care of the horses when it’s time to put them to stall. With her whip in hand, if it weren’t for her armour, she might be mistaken for a gentrywoman waiting to set out for a ride. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Barring any immediate unpleasant surprises, or if anyone else notices something, Adonara will do the rounds of the main space of the building before heading over to check out the grated alcove.


Kira and Adonara, you can hear the sound of dogs barking.

In addition you find a set of strange little tracks crossing the floor.

Knowledge nature -15 please


Female Gnome Oracle 4 | HP 30/30 | AC: 18 (T: 14, FF: 15)| Saves (+3 vs illusions, +2 vs fear/despair, +5 vs charm/compulsion): F:+3, R:+3, W:+4 | BAB: +3, CMB: +5, CMD: +14, | Init: +2 | Low-Light vision | Perc. +10, SM +7 | Spells: (1st) 7/8, (2nd) 2/4

Kira whispers to her new companions. "I hear dogs barking, and there's some weird tracks. Do you think they might be hiding in here?"

She clutches her crossbow tightly as she continues looking around.

K. Nature is one of the few knowledge skills Kira doesn't have.


Male Human Bard (Chelish Diva) 4 | AC 15 T 11 F 14 | HP 22/22 | F +1 R +6 W +6 | Spells: Lvl 1: 3/4 Lvl 2: 1/2 | Performance: 17/17 rounds | Init +1 | Perc +8

Sadly Chelish Diva's sacrifice the ability to take a stab at any knowledge check for their fame. Seems legitimate, ;)

Seeing the... tracks?... in the dust, Pellius nocks the arrow he has been holding and partially pulls the string back. "Like I said, not just people tend to squat in abandoned buildings. A pack of wild dogs would be as likely to expect as a pack of homeless beggars." Not having heard any objections, Pel creates a luminescent human-shaped figure that walks down the path off the tracks, taking aim in the same direction as he does. Dancing lights, humanshaped figure instead of the four orbs this time.

101 to 150 of 1,424 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.